New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 40 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

In the beginning, there was the Nothing, the Void, the Absence of Existence. There was neither light no darkness, neither matter nor energy, a complete lack. This was the Void, the nothing between something that was soon to exist. Like lightning across a black sky, a flash of consciousness arose, breaking the stillness. It was then that the First Ones arose, the five who were to found the worlds.

Spoiler
    Show
    At this moment, there exists nothing but the Void, which is not a plane of existence which mortals can visit but a nothingness space which only gods can enter. Nothing but the gods can exist there.

Cthonaeon, Kelani, Addaz, Agone Sanctious, and Asmar have spontaneously arisen, and the "space" that will become the Material Plane now exists as well. You don't have to spend AP to create that plane, but, for now, there is nothing on it. You'll need to create the first world before anything can exist. It would be nice if everyone created their own elements...

Other players will begin joining over the next few days once the basics have been laid down by the elemental gods. I will be sending PMs to other players as their gods can come into the game, but I will not necessarily be posting about them here.

Don't forget that each new player starts with 6AP and their two domain uses.

Also, please do not do something stupid like creating life before there exists the most basic things like the the world, the sun, and some way for life to survive...
    Last edited by Rizban; 2012-02-20 at 05:44 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

Asmar, one of the first to stir, gazed upon the space that would become the material plane. He gave himself shape, and spread his wings wide, taking flight.

Across the fledgling plane he flew, small, glittering scales fixating themselves in the night sky. Stars, too distant to reach, and unable to produce heat, glittered, the first objects of the world. He breathed, power imbuing itself into the skies. Nebulae, quasars, and all manner of celestial objects began to form. Asmar had laid the foundations of the plane, he had created the boundaries of mortal existence. The unreachable star-scales, and the beauty of the night skies.

Spoiler
    Show
    6 AP = 6 AP - 0 AP
    Domain Action: Mold Land: Creating the Stars and Celestial Objects. None of these are suns, or capable of supporting a planet. They're the edge of reality, and essentially just a "fluff" aspect.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-02-20 at 09:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond - the Void

Light.

Thin light, true. At the edge of creation, yes. But Light nonetheless. Something stirred in the void upon which light now shone. There was light, yes. But the presence of light creates the presence of darkness as well. A presence stirred at this far edge of creation, forces of light and darkness meeting and mixing. Darkness and Light blended together into one being for an instant.

The next instant, the two concepts of such opposite nature split in twain. Each took a form suited to its ideals.

The bright aspect formed into a thin, pale, shining form, body well-formed and strong. A gleaming silver bow formed in its hands.

"Shine the Light!" this being declared for all to hear.

Spoiler
    Show
    ap: 3=6-3(create battle artifact: the Darkhunter)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Agone

The void was cold. There was light, but no warmth. Stars that burned without fiery heat. There must be heat. He stirred and was displeased.

"Surely we must have heat, mustn't we?" It was a softly spoken question that expected no answer. A small ball of rings formed between his cupped palms. His arms spread apart and the ball grew until he could no longer hold it.
    "That's better." The rings of flame and lava spun around each other and ultimately around a tiny ball in the center.

Spoiler
    Show

5 AP = 6 AP - 1 AP
    Domain Action: Create Land: Create large fiery gyroscope. Can either be the center of the new planet or the sun.
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2012-02-20 at 09:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Asmar circled about, finishing the night sky. Hundreds of thousands of distant twinkling star-scales shone dimly. Turning to the Fiery Orb of Rings, Asmar flew to it. With two flaps of his great wings, he was there, circling the rings. "Magnificent." He said in his majestic voice.

The Dragon God turned to Agone. "Brother... what do you call this? Such heat and brilliance... I must have it."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-02-20 at 07:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Agone Sanctious

He glanced at his new found brother. "What do I call it? What can I call it except for myself? In essence it is me, uncontrollable flame moving constantly in harmony. I think I shall call it Agonious for it is of myself. As to its ownership I pose a question. How can such a thing of fire and flame be owned? For fire cannot be owned or controlled, but merely guided. I guess you could say I own it in a certain sort of way, as I guide its movements. However my brother I am pleased that you enjoy it. It was made to share its warmth to those around it."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Addaz forms from Void, noticing unconsciously the formation of his siblings, and them turns his attention to the world around them. He forms a body, tall and strong, out of the nothingness, then experiments with doing the same around him. He makes a shift to the surrounding Void, changing some of it to mere Nothingness and others into a substance that felt like nothing, yet existed. Air. Let us see how your Agonious reacts with this, brother.
    Spoiler
    Show
    5AP=6AP-0AP(Intervention [domain action], create Air)-1AP(Intervention, create Nothingness)
    Last edited by Eldest; 2012-02-20 at 10:20 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Kelani

The void was ablaze. There was no balance here, no swaying between the two opposites, simply one extreme dominating a non-existing other.
    "Let there be Balance."
    Kelani dragged into being Fire's opposite, it's quencher.
    Balls of water and ice formed around the Plane, creating the first Asteroids.
    Several such balls bind themselves onto Agnious forming the Everlasting Oceans.
    "There. Balance has been achieved between Fire and Water."

Spoiler
    Show
    6AP -1 (Domain Action (Balance): Create Ice Asteroids)
    5AP -1 (Domain Action (Oceans): Create the Everlasting Oceans) The Everlasting Oceans are several expanses of water that are constantly balancing Argonious, whether through being evaporated themselves or quenching the flames. The balance sways between the two but the fire is never fully quenched and the water is never fully evaporated.
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-02-21 at 05:38 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cthonaeon-The Void

As the other creators forged the universe around him, the slumbering god stirred at the divine power. It sensed a heat before it, and slowly, as the god came into being, a massive, fiery shell formed around him. Its heat pierced through the cold, bathing everything around it in a scathing flame. Slowly, the liquid fire peeled back to reveal a black claw dripping with the molten substance take grip onto nothingness. Another came forth, and soon, a massive body hauled itself out from the blazing, massive crimson orb of pure conflagration. Though eyeless, the beast's gaze was undeniable. It was fixated upon the gyrating source of heat ahead of it. Its terrible maw spreading wide, wider than anything had been large, it launched itself at the object of its desire, snapping its mighty jaws around it.

Soon, the innards of the black beast glowed with the light of what it had consumed, molten rock pouring out from between its chitin like blood being pushed from flesh. The cold of the void solidified it, forming an ever growing, coiling shell. The icelands surrounding it poured down, and the vast, unanchored sea was drawn towards this massive, serpent-like sphere. It grew unhindered, until at last the energy of the core was expended. The Great Worm erupted from this vast expanse of land hanging in the void, warmth and light radiating from it. The seas settled, and the rains ceased. Now, among the stars and the void, a mighty orb of heat, and strangely enough in the violence of the consumption, a coiled orb of solid rock, the seas rushing among its trenches, stood unphased.

The Great Worm said nothing, merely gazing upon its creation, glowing with even greater power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Divine Actions: Create Land (Shell of the Worm/Planet. Domain Action-1 AP.) 6 AP-1 AP=5 AP
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

The surface of the world begin to show tiny cracks as the smallest of green shoots forced their way upward. Soon, towering trees covered the face of the world, and grass covered the rest. Plants of all kinds covered the whole of the world.

Grow and reproduce after your kind, cover the whole earth with your offspring.

Thus did Akna's existence begin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    AP 6 = 6 - 0(Plant Domain Action: Mold Land (Create plants))
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2012-02-21 at 01:44 AM.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

11. - Top - End - #11

The Void

Thus began her existence:
    WAKE.

A thought, streaming into a mind.
    BECOME.

A purpose, streaming into a being.
    RESOLVE.

A form, streaming into a vessel.
    RISE.

A vision, streaming into eyes opening for the first time.
    KNOW.

A mind, drawing from a purpose.
    SHAPE.

A vessel, understanding its state of being.
    ACT.

A being, taking hold of knowledge granted by vision and thought.
    PROTECT.

A purpose, given shape as a being and given form, thought, and vision to carry itself out. The cycle was complete. A goddess had been born.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

She clenched a fist, hearing a faint clinking as her form followed the motion. She knew this form held power. Great power. The power to make or unmake. She raised a mailed hand to a visor locked eternally in place. This was to be her face, then. So be it. It served her purpose well enough. Her eyes could see, even locked behind these metallic bars.

The fury and chaos of creation had yet to resolve itself. Her purpose was... muddled, on this matter. So she watched, waited, observed. In time, all would be made clear. And in time, she would act upon that clarity. But not now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions!~

AP: 6
    6 - 2 (Create Combat Artifact : Fengsel, the Vessel) [Domain Use : Good]
    4 = Final

Good Domain: Exhausted
    Cosmos Domain: Active

Fengsel is the armor of Yiasial, and more. None - not even she herself - know what lies beneath the dull, indigo plates. It is strong beyond measure, seamless in its creation, and one of the oldest and mightiest instuments of Protection ever created. There are no unnecessary flourishes or unneeded parts, and the entire piece of equipment could be seen as an exercise in absolute efficiency. Formed of solid pieces, there is no visible way by which Fengsel can be removed from its wearer... short of carving it off of the body underneath.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam- of Growth and Time

As the first motes of Nature erupted into life, stemming from the soil into the glorious green planet it has become, another being came to be. As various cellulose fibers began to weave together to form it, all of Nature as it was in its most youthful form surged with life. All plants surged to heights greater than they had ever been since, and all flora expanded to the point that they struggled to live, such was their magnificence. Animals too followed in suit, trampling over the plants and feasting on both the green and the flesh. But soon they too began to overpopulate as the bounds of creation simply could not hold them. The fibers formed into a hand, which grew into an arm, and soon into a pristine, immaculate body. It held pigments of tan coloration, and hair as white as freshly hewed snow.

This being rose its arms, and for the first time, a subtle power wafted over the planet. It gnawed upon everything at once, slowly taking life away from the plants and animals. Time had begun its eternal march, and all living things felt it. Their forms over time faded away as age returned them to the dust, and animals too grew white hairs and passed on as well. Yet... in their deaths, new life was always there. The young persisted, thrived, and balance was quickly achieved.

And so, rising into the air, past the world, and directly to the conference of the deities stood the same figure, but now robed in a churning cloak of foliage, surrounding him entirely, except for his feet where they walked and his pure head. It began at the brightest of green from his chest and faded to the colors of autumn as they flew into the depths of time.

Opening its Olive eyes, the God Sephyrdiam looked upon creation, and beheld its majesty.

"Forever now the cycle turns, forever balance will be maintained, and forever nature shall be preserved."

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 6

6-0= 6 Growth Domain Action: Mold Land (Sudden overgrowth and appearance of animals)

6-0=6 Time Domain Action: Not Sure (Begin Time and Entropy)

Remaining AP: 6
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post

"Shine the Light!" this being declared for all to hear.
    Where light shines bright, so do the shadows stalk it in its wake... such were the laws of the cosmos, and it was this primordial urge with which the very manifestation of darkness experienced upon its awakening.

The creature, just an amorphous cloud of pure darkness takes a moment to hear the sheer arrogance of this upstart, before plunging towards it as it shrieks

"I am Darkness incarnate! Mine is the will that shall snuff the final glimmer of light!"

Spoiler
    Show

AP3= 6-3 Declare Divine Combat against Voimond

(2d6)[10]
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond and Nsyv - the Void

"Abomination of darkness! Let the Light purge you from this world!"

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]2d6+1.5[/roll]
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond will draw forth his bow and manifest an arrow of light to pierce the darkness.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+1)[10] plus .5

The arrow pierces home, and a gaping hole is left in the darkness. A line of darkness begins to flow out of the injury and form a thin ring around the world below.

A few traces of this divine blood falls down onto the world below, and a copse of trees feeds upon this divine essence. These trees grow into mighty titans of life, their branches enshrouding all below them in an eternal twilight.

Spoiler
    Show
    using the free mold land from winning this round to mold the Twilight Forest into existence in a portion of this world.

Just as Voimond was exulting in the joy of a successful blow, a sharp pain in his chest catches him off guard.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-02-21 at 07:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Zombie

Near the combat

"Yay! First fight. I do hope they don't wipe the other out completely though."
    The God conjures popcorn and starts to watch the show.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Struggle between Light and Darkness

The Shadow lets out a scream of agony as the arrow of light pierces right through the amorphous cloud of darkness, leaving a clean hole in the middle of it. Underneath it droplets of pure shadow begin to drip into the void as the entity starts to bleed from the wound.

"Martyr of Light! Reaper of Darkness! Call yourself what you will! How smooth your face... how sure of your conviction! I shall take great pleasure in breaking them both!"

With that, the shadow simply melts away into the darkness of the void.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2012-02-21 at 07:50 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond and Nsyv - the Battle Continues

Shocked by the sensation of pain for the first time, Voimond was unprepared for his foe to disappear from sight like that. He could sense that the darkness was close, waiting nearby. He fires a shot randomly in the dark, not able to properly concentrate through the shock of pain.

Spoiler
    Show
    taking a -6 penalty to my DC roll. Shmee agreed to let me.

(2d6-5)[0] + .5

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Round 2

All of a sudden, Voimond hears the Darkness cackling at him "A burst of light! Bright but for a second only to be consumed by the ever lurking Shadows!" As all of a sudden the Shadow emerges from behind his opponent in the shape of a massive claw, swiping at Voimond viciously.

Spoiler
    Show

(2d6)[4]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond and Nsyv - Battle and Blood

This time, it was Nsyv's turn to bleed. The claws of darkness rend through him, leaving gashes in his gleaming divine flesh.

Now ribbons of glimmering light flow out and mingle with the ring of darkness surrounding the world.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Score 1-1

At first the Shadow chuckles as it lands a hit and prepares to finish off Voimond... but all of a sudden, the amorphous creature jumps back while grunting in pain. It takes a moment to collect its thoughts... something was not right... it had clearly landed a hit... then why did it feel as if it had just hit itself?

Quickly looking back at its foe, the Shadow growls "That is twice that you have caused me pain... next time... I will lop off that pretty head of yours!"

Meanwhile, a single drop of Voimond's divine blood drips onto the unsuspecting world beneath the quarreling deities. As the blood makes contact with the lush forests, a blinding light all of a sudden engulfs a huge region. A light so bright that if for a moment, it covered the entire world.

As the light, recedes, where once a forest, now only a desert remain... devoid of all life, its sands stretching as far as the eye can see, so pure and white that it reflects the light emitted by the giant fiery gyroscope.

Spoiler
    Show

Use the free mold land action to create: The White Desert

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond and Nsyv - Fighting On

Voimond rallies as he struggles to overcome the pain. At the last, he throws off the final daze and takes advantage of his foe's momentary pain to place a distance between them.

It seems to feel the same pain it inflicted upon me, just as I did when I struck its core. Why is this? Voimond thinks, taking a moment to sight his next shaft.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The last round

"I know not... but where I you... I'd be focusing on your enemy first! Enough is enough! Today the Light shall be snuffed!" With that, the deity of Shadows screams as it breaks into several pieces, and forms itself into many dagger shaped shadows, all of them heading to finish off this source of Light once and for all.

Spoiler
    Show

(2d6)[6]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond and Nsyv - the Final Blow

Voimond releases his arrow, aiming for the heart of his foe while he breaks into pieces and flies at him. Voimond will attempt to dodge aside, readying another arrow to strike his foe when they re-form.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+1)[7].5

The daggers fly past him, narrowly avoiding him as he dances around. Then they coalesce into the dark one once more and his arrow flies true. However, unlike his first arrow, Voimond does not aim this one to wound. Instead, the arrow impacts and the dark one is trapped in a cage of light.

"Let us cease this conflict, for we wound ourselves when we harm each other. I would have words with you, for there is something between us."

While he is speaking above with the dark one, the two continue to bleed onto the world below. Most of this divine essence is caught into the ring of light and shadows, but once more, droplets fall onto the world below. These mingle together and fall between the forest and the desert, and a range of mountains spring forth, sharply contrasting peaks of shadows and light.

Spoiler
    Show
    using the last mold land to sculpt a mountain range in between.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-02-21 at 09:34 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

2-1 for the Light

The Shadow lies wounded, sprawled as a simple mass of darkness as it reels from its defeat. As Voimond talks, the toll of defeat finally washes away that primal urge that it felt upon its awakening. Its fury drained, it could finally see things more clearly.

"My Sibling... although the thought disgusts me... I would be a fool to deny it. As much as I enjoy the thought of ending you, you are right. I would not like to experiment what would happen to myself."

Slowly and wearily, the Shadow gets up to face its brother.

"Speak your mind... for I am listening..."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond and Nsyv - Talks

"We once were the same person. When the Light and the Dark split, we were born. We are opposites, yes. But that does not mean enemies, for when one is wounded, the other also feels the pain. We are too different to be friends, but let us count each other allies. When one of us calls for aid, let the other come, for to wound one of us is to wound us both. What should I call you, sibling?"

Spoiler
    Show
    for winning, the consequence is that Shmee must come to my aid in a divine combat of my choosing at a later date.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv and Voimond

"Without Light... there can be no Shadows. That is your argument? And just as without the Darkness, Light will lose its meaning. You have a point... Sibling..."
    the Shadow takes a minute to consider the terms "Even worse would be if someone else snuffs your Light... very well then! The Shadows will aid you when the time comes... consider this paying my dues for your victory!"

The Shadow begins to swirl in a circular motion in front of Voimond

"As for what you should call me... I have no name, as names are pointless to me. I am the Darkness Incarnate..." it stops swirling for a moment as it takes a pause to think "... but as you have bested me... then I shall accept what ever you deem worthy of being called."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond and Nsyv

"Then let others call you Nsyv, a simple name, one that reveals little about you. Handles give others something to grasp about you, allows them to more easily assume they understand you. Consider it a boon, for if you are other than what they expect, this is to your advantage."

Voimond looks to the ring of blood which circles the planet and he sees the changes that it dropping to the world below has already caused.

"Excuse me, Nsyv, I must attend to the aftermath of the conflict, for our blood is potent and must be carefully reigned in."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Voimond and Nysv

The Shadow seems to be considering for a moment... almost as if it regretted giving its sibling this choice, until it gives a sigh "Very well then. If such is the name that you bestow upon me... then such is the name that I shall carry... for I am Nysv... Darkness Incarnate."

Looking down at the world, Nysv looks at the aftermath of their battle. "You are correct Sibling... that is MY blood floating there... and thus it rightfully belongs to me. No one must have it... or your blood for that matter."

30. - Top - End - #30

Zombie

Kelani appears over the world, looking down upon it.
    As he gazes he sees someone, looking back at him.
    Flowing down onto the world Kelani approaches the being.
    "Hello little one." He says.
    "Hi." the thing replies, shakily as if new to talking, which it probably was.
    The thing stood at just under 6feet with a pale blue skin and a shock of yellow hair.
    "What is your name and how can you sense me?" Kelani asked
    "I am Fol. I do not know how I sense you. I simply thought. But, I sense the others of my kind do not yet think." Fol gestured towards several other blue-skinned creatures, ambling around aimlessly, foraging for food.
    "Indeed they don't young Fol. Let's see if we can do something about that."
    Kelani gestured around him and the beings looked around in wonder, thinking for the first time.
    "Greetings Nodimi, I am Kelani. The God of the Water and the Flow. I have elevated you to a higher state. Go forth and aim for Balance in all your endeavors."
    Unfortunately only a handful of the newly-named Nodimi people seemed to hear him. Kelani noticed that those who did seemed a little different to the others, not very noticeable physically (the barest markings of a third eye above the nose) but very visible in the Flow. They must be the ones who can sense the Flow, and by extension himself.
    *sigh* "If you can see me please explain to the others who and what I am. Now please excuse me, I have other matters to which I must attend."

Spoiler
    Show
    4AP -2 (Create Race: The Nodimi) The Nodimi are human-sized beings with blue skin and pale hair. They are very adept at using the Flow (when it gets formally paid for) and are quite varied in their personalities, from warmongering to pacifist. They have no real stereotype.
    2AP

The Flow:
    The Flow kind of exists. When I get more AP I will RP the Nodimi gaining access to it (right now only a select handful can see the Flow, and even then it's mostly just Kelani himself).
    Basically it's like the Weave without any Arcane Classes. It's there but doesn't do anything until something else happens (which will be next week)