New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

Nysv, the Moon

Voimond will find Nysv deep within the Spire of the Blood Contracts. Before Voimond speaks, he will notice that Nysv spits out the contract that it had made with the Just Blade. Picking it up, Nysv stores it within its vault. "I have taken care of the Moon Kobold issue... I'm expecting to make a profit from this as well."

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Voimond - Geminus
    "Nsyv, I have just spoken with a goddes I used to call mild ally. She apparently has been spying upon all the gods, and finds you specifically to be quite troublesome, for she is unable to fully spy upon you. She also claims to be some sort of authority figure over the gods, seeing fit to dictate to others how they should and should not live. I felt it my familial duty to inform you that she is attempting to take from you things for which she has not paid, namely information about you stolen from a distance."
    Nysv's mask jerks in an anti-clockwise position "That's what you get for being too friendly with strangers. So then... this mild ally of yours wishes to spy on me and gather information? Without paying me? That will simply not do. Something needs to be done."

Nysv ponders its option for a few moments.

"So... she finds me troublesome because she can't spy on me? Very well then... let us see how troublesome she finds me when I shall deny her even further. I want you to bare witness to what I am about to do Sibling... for what I am about to do will never be mentioned in the historical annals."

Nysv produces from its body a massive claw, which is stretched far beyond the moon and into the deepest and darkest parts of the Void. The claw all of a sudden grabs into the nothingness which is the void and literally tears a part of it away, no different to how a mortal may rip a piece of cloth. With the piece of the Void firmly in its grasp, Nysv wills his shadowy claw to return into its body.

Nysv takes the piece and wears it like a cloak. Where once Nysv looked like a shadowy figure simply wearing a mask, now the god of Shadows was an even darker figure, literally wearing a piece of the void. The mask is lost within the hood, but the mask's glowing eyes can be seen like two suns emitting their light deep within the space of the Void.

"The deeds I do are mine and mine alone to know. Only a client may be privy to the details if they are interested, and if they have paid. These contracts, which bind me to the client and the client to me shall be the only witnesses as to what is done in the shadows."

Spoiler
    Show

Just for book-keeping:
    AP3+2 (rollover)
    PAP:2
    Shadow Domain: Charged
    Assassination Domain: Charged
    Combat domain: Charged

AP 4= 1+1PAP-2 Gain Level

Actions done:
    Declared Combat against Voimond (3AP)
    Created Mask of Nysv (3AP)
    Total= 6AP

AP 3= 1+1PAP-2 Gain Level

Actions done:

Created Avatar: Creepy Ghost Girl (2AP)
    Aided Voimond against Kelani (1AP)
    Created the Doppelgangers (1AP)
    Aided Voimond against N'aktar (1AP)
    Gained the Secrecy Portfolio (1AP)
    Total= 6AP

Nysv is now Level 7 and gains 2 levels as a Striker

AP1= 3-2 (Use Shadow Domain) Create Utility Artifact: The Voidcloak. (It gives a discount when aiding an ally)

The Voidcloak is literally a piece torn from the void, and just like the nothingness of the Void, so too does the wearer of this artifact become one with the nothingness. Upon wearing it, it is as if that person has never existed. Unless willed otherwise by the wearer, any written documents regarding the wearer or any actions they have done, both past and present will either get erased, or subtly altered so that credit for a certain action is given to someone else.

Therefore for example, any historian writing true facts about Nysv's fight against Voimond would find that the fight might mention another god. Another person documenting the enslavement of the Moon Kobolds by the Shadow Dragons would find it completely erased, while the only mention of Nysv's involvement with that is the contract that both Nysv and Alorn have kept.

So Nysv's mortals have no holy text. Any story of Nysv is passed vocally throughout the generations, meaning that every so often, the facts are distorted... some of them true, and some of them false, to the point that as each generation of mortals pass, the more difficult it becomes for mortals to differentiate between what is true and what is a myth regarding Nysv and its creations.

Spoiler
    Show

Specifically regarding Yiasial's awareness of Nysv, she is slightly exaggerating, and slightly misconstruing, what he has been doing, specifically because she does not have much solid information on him. The last time she actually saw Nysv do anything personally was the creation of the same mask that hides his future actions from view (she was, remember, watching the duel between him and Voimond, at the end of which the mask was created).

Past that, she's only really 'aware' of two actions. The first being the theft of the shadows of the nodimi, and the second being the brute-force mass enslavement of the kobolds. The former because it was blatantly obvious manifestation of the power of shadow, and the second because it was a rather heavy-handed act of divine intervention upon something that had nothing to do with Nysv's domains. The kobolds were not, as far as I can tell, ever formally claimed as his own with a Guide Populace - he just forced them to work with an Intervene - she doesn't know what they've been doing since, but one god suddenly and violently seizing the creations of another is exactly what she has been looking for her entire existence, and even if one of the sides of the struggle is totally undetectable, species don't spontaneously vanish without reason.

While it could technically be anybody, Yiasial is a rather paranoid and pessimistic entity, and is fairly swift to make the assumption that the god actively hiding himself is somehow involved in the events that baffle her attempts to scry.

In more concise terms, Nysv is a blind spot, but Yiasial is trying to draw a rough image of him by following the dust he's kicked up in other peoples' sandboxes. It's being well-informed, and making some logical connections, but its not omniscience. She is actually making an entirely incorrect assumption that Nysv has something to do with the unease she is experiencing, when the fault of that lies at the feet of an entirely different entity.

Spoiler
    Show

Sadly this explanation does not satisfy me at all. It seems to me as if you wish to just ignore an artifact that I spent AP on by having Yiasial make "logical connections" I overlooked this once, but Yiasial seems to always be able to come to the convenient conclusion of knowing things despite the fact that she has little to nothing to go on regarding Nysv.

You know full well from the past how I feel about constant Scrying and gathering information. If you are going to scry on someone you can at least have the courtesy to inform them that they are being scryed upon so that they can react (if they want to) ... rather than have us assume that you are scrying on everyone and everything at the same time.

So there you have it. The Voidcloak. At this moment any information regarding Nysv's fight... the Moon and everything that has occurred... its actions against the Noidimi... and everything else that Nysv has done till now have been either erased or altered from the history books. Feel free to start constantly scrying on Nysv's creations of course... in which case I will simply create another Steel Veil and block all scrying attempts where ever Nysv's creations are.

Enjoy.

Nysv, now wearing the flowing Voidcloak turns to its brother

"There... now if anyone wants to gather information regarding me... they shall have to pay me of course. What I find worrying is that this mild ally of yours wishes to command me how to use my powers. That is most worrying indeed and I feel that we should nip this in the bud. What say you Sibiling? Can you control your temper enough so that we can make surprise visit at a peeper?"
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Akna and Sephyrdiam, not a time bubble, just getting back to him very late

What would be the purpose of such? I am familiar with your spirits, indeed my desert children know of them and study them quite extensively. I simply do not see the purpose of tying them to flora. Please, tell me more so that I might understand you.
    "Well...."

Sephyrdiam conjures two stumps and a table, with a complete set of tea and other kinds of tea-related snacks.

"Please sit, this might be a while."

After taking a good drought of the herbal liquid, Sephyrdiam continued talking.

"The reason why I wish to apply this same trait to your flora is the same reason why I bound such a trait to the fauna, which I created. Time is a true constant in existence, especially to mortal things. It forever wears and erodes, never ending and always grinding away at their physical traits. Spirits, the essence of what they are applied to, sidestep time in and of itself. It is ironic that I, the God of Time, would forge something which cannot be affected by the waves of time. Regardless, I have taken such actions in creating Spirits."

Sephyrdiam takes a crunch of a cookie, another sip of tea, and continues talking.

"The reason for Spirits is in sorts an act of hope given to the mortals. Though not all of mortality has these traits, something I have not completely spread out yet, the fact that animal creatures do hold these traits is a symbol of eternity. After mortal death, they do not simply cease to exist, and continue on as a part of the collective existence of the Elder Spirits. Even if there are creatures which don't live on in this way, they can still seek comfort in the fact that though they do not live anymore, those that they create will live on. Everything they have worked for in their existence has resulted in what they have created and left for their creations."

Sephyrdiam takes another sip of tea.

"If sprits are expanded to plants, then mortality will truly see that despite some of the Gods... shenanigans, that we are there for them, and thus they there for us."
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Akna and Sephydiam, Tea Party!

Akna sips at the tea then nibbles on a scone as the self-proclaim god of time tells of his plan.

I see your intent, but I do not think I like the idea. My plants are not like other mortals. They live out their lives in quiet peace. There is no need for us to muddy the waters, to use a phrase of my waterborne children, with spirits attached to them.

The plants of the world are here for my children's benefit, not my own. I created them to provide for and nurture and protect my children. That is their purpose, and I do not believe tying them to your creation, the spirits, would do aught but lessen their purpose. Do you not agree?
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground

Akna and Sephyrdiam: It's Kind of Become A Thing, Ya Know?

"...true..."

Sephyrdiam finishes his cup.

"Now that I ponder upon it more, though plants are mortal beings, they lack thought; I do not mean it as an insult, I am simply saying they lack the capacity to think. I believe... it would perhaps be better if such a thing as "spirit plant" did not perhaps exist. Ah well."

He refills his beverage, offering more to the Goddess if she so desires.

"I am... annoyed that my Divine... what are we to each other, kin? Well, I am highly annoyed by the actions of our fellow Divinities. They create new life without a second though for the consequences. Even now giant reptillian beasts roam the world, and for a while, there was no balance to it. The possibility of Nature being completely overturned by my kin... upsets me greatly."

Sephyrdiam looks up at her.

"Ah, I am sorry, I was caught up in thought. Tell me, what do you think of my own creations, the Czar?"

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

Akna and Sephyrdiam, on seconds already?

Hmm? Huh. Hm.

Akna nods and makes pleasant noises as Sephyrdiam speaks so he knows she's listening but otherwise says nothing.

She accepts the fresh tea, sipping with one mouth as she speaks with another.

Czar? What is that? I'm afraid I don't pay much attention to those who aren't my children or my children's children, unless those threaten mine. Tell me about them?

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ettin in the Playground

Akna and Sephyrdiam: What, Am I Going Too Fast?

"That would make sense... the Czar have only thus stayed in the northern regions of the world, though they really should branch out a little more."

Sephyrdiam cupped his hands together, slowly pulling them apart. As his hands parted, vines, roots, and branches all grew and formed a creature. This creature had fur, gnarled horns, a strong build, and animalistic features.

"This, simply put, is a Czar."
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-03-30 at 07:00 AM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Akna and Sephyrdiam, interested but weary

I see... but what is it, some sort of over large shrubbery?

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

Alorn, the Citadel

The platinum knights rest on his throne, watching over the development of the creatures he brought under his care. The kobolds have, over the mortal years, changed dramatically in their new home.

At first, the were slow and cowardly, digging holes and hiding from non-existent threats. In time, the settled into communities. Deathless emissaries came to teach them, the boldest taken back to the material plane to learn from the Vardr, humans, and Igni. In time, they learned to build villages.

As the generations grew, the essence of the plane seeped into them. The ease of life, rather than placating them, left them hungry for greater things. Each generation grew taller, stronger. The many breeds slowly merged, taking the best traits from each. Over time, there where no longer the many races, but one. Tall, strong, brave. The platinum kobolds stood taller than a human, with mighty wings and shining scales. Their breath was the purifying white flame.

Ever more drew to the temple, seeking to learn and prove themselves, looking for a life worthy of Alorn, to earn themselves a place among the Deathless.

Alorn remembered his contract. I expect the Darkness's emissary should arrive soon...what was his name?

He new they had a contract, but all details of the other party seemed...vague.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP = 0 AP + 2 (rollover) +1 (PAP)
    2 AP = 3 -1 (create subrace - platinum kobolds)
    1 AP = 2-1 (paying debt to Nysv)

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show

I didn't want to be all like "Oh its roll over pay up now!" which is why I havn't sent Nysv's emissary yet. But we might as well move things along

All of a sudden, in front of Alorn, a little floating masked girl appears. She mechanically bows towards the god of War "Greetings Lord Just Blade. I am the emissary that the Darkness has sent to collect what is owed. The Darkness has held its end of the bargain and now is requesting payment in full as was agreed."

Still floating she reveals a small wooden box, where Alorn was to deposit the payment. She leaves it in front of the god of war. As soon as the payment is complete, the Creepy Masked Girl closes the box and collects it.

"I stand as witness that all debts have been repaid in full, and thus the terms of the contract have been fulfilled. The Darkness wishes to let you know that it was a pleasure dealing with you and looks forward to future cooperation. It also hopes that its services were to your utmost satisfaction and that you will spread the word about the Darkness' top quality services. I bid you farewell Lord Just Blade."

With that, the little girl melts into the shadows.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2012-03-30 at 08:02 AM.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Nysv, the Moon

Voimond will find Nysv deep within the Spire of the Blood Contracts. Before Voimond speaks, he will notice that Nysv spits out the contract that it had made with the Just Blade. Picking it up, Nysv stores it within its vault. "I have taken care of the Moon Kobold issue... I'm expecting to make a profit from this as well."

Nysv's mask jerks in an anti-clockwise position "That's what you get for being too friendly with strangers. So then... this mild ally of yours wishes to spy on me and gather information? Without paying me? That will simply not do. Something needs to be done."

Nysv ponders its option for a few moments.

"So... she finds me troublesome because she can't spy on me? Very well then... let us see how troublesome she finds me when I shall deny her even further. I want you to bare witness to what I am about to do Sibling... for what I am about to do will never be mentioned in the historical annals."

Nysv produces from its body a massive claw, which is stretched far beyond the moon and into the deepest and darkest parts of the Void. The claw all of a sudden grabs into the nothingness which is the void and literally tears a part of it away, no different to how a mortal may rip a piece of cloth. With the piece of the Void firmly in its grasp, Nysv wills his shadowy claw to return into its body.

Nysv takes the piece and wears it like a cloak. Where once Nysv looked like a shadowy figure simply wearing a mask, now the god of Shadows was an even darker figure, literally wearing a piece of the void. The mask is lost within the hood, but the mask's glowing eyes can be seen like two suns emitting their light deep within the space of the Void.

"The deeds I do are mine and mine alone to know. Only a client may be privy to the details if they are interested, and if they have paid. These contracts, which bind me to the client and the client to me shall be the only witnesses as to what is done in the shadows."

Spoiler
    Show

Just for book-keeping:
    AP3+2 (rollover)
    PAP:2
    Shadow Domain: Charged
    Combat domain: Charged

AP 4= 1+1PAP-2 Gain Level

Actions done:
    Declared Combat against Voimond (3AP)
    Created Mask of Nysv (3AP)
    Total= 6AP

AP 3= 1+1PAP-2 Gain Level

Actions done:

Created Avatar: Creepy Ghost Girl (2AP)
    Aided Voimond against Kelani (1AP)
    Created the Doppelgangers (1AP)
    Aided Voimond against N'aktar (1AP)
    Gained the Secrecy Portfolio (1AP)
    Total= 6AP

Nysv is now Level 7 and gains 2 levels as a Striker

AP1= 3-2 (Use Shadow Domain) Create Utility Artifact: The Voidcloak. (It gives a discount when aiding an ally)

The Voidcloak is literally a piece torn from the void, and just like the nothingness of the Void, so too does the wearer of this artifact become one with the nothingness. Upon wearing it, it is as if that person has never existed. Unless willed otherwise by the wearer, any written documents regarding the wearer or any actions they have done, both past and present will either get erased, or subtly altered so that credit for a certain action is given to someone else.

Therefore for example, any historian writing true facts about Nysv's fight against Voimond would find that the fight might mention another god. Another person documenting the enslavement of the Moon Kobolds by the Shadow Dragons would find it completely erased, while the only mention of Nysv's involvement with that is the contract that both Nysv and Alorn have kept.

So Nysv's mortals have no holy text. Any story of Nysv is passed vocally throughout the generations, meaning that every so often, the facts are distorted... some of them true, and some of them false, to the point that as each generation of mortals pass, the more difficult it becomes for mortals to differentiate between what is true and what is a myth regarding Nysv and its creations.

Spoiler
    Show

Specifically regarding Yiasial's awareness of Nysv, she is slightly exaggerating, and slightly misconstruing, what he has been doing, specifically because she does not have much solid information on him. The last time she actually saw Nysv do anything personally was the creation of the same mask that hides his future actions from view (she was, remember, watching the duel between him and Voimond, at the end of which the mask was created).

Past that, she's only really 'aware' of two actions. The first being the theft of the shadows of the nodimi, and the second being the brute-force mass enslavement of the kobolds. The former because it was blatantly obvious manifestation of the power of shadow, and the second because it was a rather heavy-handed act of divine intervention upon something that had nothing to do with Nysv's domains. The kobolds were not, as far as I can tell, ever formally claimed as his own with a Guide Populace - he just forced them to work with an Intervene - she doesn't know what they've been doing since, but one god suddenly and violently seizing the creations of another is exactly what she has been looking for her entire existence, and even if one of the sides of the struggle is totally undetectable, species don't spontaneously vanish without reason.

While it could technically be anybody, Yiasial is a rather paranoid and pessimistic entity, and is fairly swift to make the assumption that the god actively hiding himself is somehow involved in the events that baffle her attempts to scry.

In more concise terms, Nysv is a blind spot, but Yiasial is trying to draw a rough image of him by following the dust he's kicked up in other peoples' sandboxes. It's being well-informed, and making some logical connections, but its not omniscience. She is actually making an entirely incorrect assumption that Nysv has something to do with the unease she is experiencing, when the fault of that lies at the feet of an entirely different entity.

Spoiler
    Show

Sadly this explanation does not satisfy me at all. It seems to me as if you wish to just ignore an artifact that I spent AP on by having Yiasial make "logical connections" I overlooked this once, but Yiasial seems to always be able to come to the convenient conclusion of knowing things despite the fact that she has little to nothing to go on regarding Nysv.

You know full well from the past how I feel about constant Scrying and gathering information. If you are going to scry on someone you can at least have the courtesy to inform them that they are being scryed upon so that they can react (if they want to) ... rather than have us assume that you are scrying on everyone and everything at the same time.

So there you have it. The Voidcloak. At this moment any information regarding Nysv's fight... the Moon and everything that has occurred... its actions against the Noidimi... and everything else that Nysv has done till now have been either erased or altered from the history books. Feel free to start constantly scrying on Nysv's creations of course... in which case I will simply create another Steel Veil and block all scrying attempts where ever Nysv's creations are.

Enjoy.

Nysv, now wearing the flowing Voidcloak turns to its brother

"There... now if anyone wants to gather information regarding me... they shall have to pay me of course. What I find worrying is that this mild ally of yours wishes to command me how to use my powers. That is most worrying indeed and I feel that we should nip this in the bud. What say you Sibiling? Can you control your temper enough so that we can make surprise visit at a peeper?"
    Voimond - Geminus

Taking a deep breath, Voimond says, "Aye."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv and Voimond, Geminus

Before Nysv can reply to its Sibling, the Creepy Masked Girl returns and presents a wooden box to the god of Shadows. "Ah Puppet... you have returned. Good! Now quickly open the box!"

The little girl opens the box showing a measure of power which was given as payment for the Moon Kobolds. Nysv quickly grabs it before swallowing it "Excellent! Most excellent! I knew those pests would be useful for something. Now then... on to our next order of business. Puppet... I have an assignment for you..."

Without saying anything, the masked girl nods and disappears once again. Turning to its sibling Nysv said "Lead the way Sibling... I would not be able to identify this mild ally of yours, nor do I know where she resides."

Where ever Tharin may be

The Creepy Masked Girl appears next to Tharin. "Greetings Tharin... if I may be so bold as to ask a favor from you? My next task will be a difficult one and I would like someone to be with me when I do it."

Spoiler
    Show

Recap of AP left

2AP= 1AP + 1AP received from Alorne
    PAP= 0
    Shadow Domain: Spent
    Combat Domain: Charged
    Last edited by Shmee; 2012-03-30 at 08:14 AM.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Barbarian in the Playground

Where ever Tharin may be

The Creepy Masked Girl appears next to Tharin. "Greetings Tharin... if I may be so bold as to ask a favor from you? My next task will be a difficult one and I would like someone to be with me when I do it."
    Tharin, the Void

Tharin turns to the Girl, smiling and giving a small wave. He seems to have been working on something, which he pushes away as he speaks. "Hello! It's been a while. And of course I'll go with you. Where are you going?"

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 4=0+2(Rollover 22/3)+2(Rollover 29/3)
    Storm Domain: Up
    Peace Domain: Up

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

Nysv and Voimond, Geminus

Before Nysv can reply to its Sibling, the Creepy Masked Girl returns and presents a wooden box to the god of Shadows. "Ah Puppet... you have returned. Good! Now quickly open the box!"

The little girl opens the box showing a measure of power which was given as payment for the Moon Kobolds. Nysv quickly grabs it before swallowing it "Excellent! Most excellent! I knew those pests would be useful for something. Now then... on to our next order of business. Puppet... I have an assignment for you..."

Without saying anything, the masked girl nods and disappears once again. Turning to its sibling Nysv said "Lead the way Sibling... I would not be able to identify this mild ally of yours, nor do I know where she resides."
    Voimond and Nsyv - the Moon

"Of course." With that, Voimond leads Nsyv to Yiasial's occulum in the Void.

Not wishing to appear to be the guy who gets upset, storms off, and then returns 5 minutes later with friends to beat up the offender, Voimond hangs back, and points out the goddess he used to call ally.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

The Angel sighs and turns her gaze to the mortal plane, and watches the mortal races and the immortal races. One thing strikes her as curious, nearly everything is afraid of the dark for almost no apparent reason. An entire world of irrational beings fearing the dark. Still puzzling over this, she flew up to gain a clear view of the surrounding gods, and spotting what she remembered as Nysv's companion, she alights gently beside Tharin. "I'm sorry for interrupting, but could you tell me where I could find Nysv? I need to ask him about something that would pertain to his domain, and I don't want to anger him by not getting his permission first."
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    Tharin, the Void

Tharin turns to the Girl, smiling and giving a small wave. He seems to have been working on something, which he pushes away as he speaks. "Hello! It's been a while. And of course I'll go with you. Where are you going?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Q'telun View Post
    "I'm sorry for interrupting, but could you tell me where I could find Nysv? I need to ask him about something that would pertain to his domain, and I don't want to anger him by not getting his permission first."
    The Creepy Masked Girl bows to the divinities. "The Darkness is busy with a business call. However I am now heading there myself to help it. If you wish to come you are free to do so. Once it is done you may ask it what ever you want."

She raises a hand to each of the divinities "Take my hands and I will take you there."

Nysv, the Oculus

The god of Shadows nods to its Sibling and melts into the darkness, only to appear fight behind Yiasial. "So... I finally get to meet my accuser face to face. I would introduce myself, but you already seem to know quite enough about me. Sadly... I can't say the same thing about you. A little bird has told me that you are just dying to learn more about me. In any case I've come to set things right."
    Last edited by Shmee; 2012-03-30 at 02:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ettin in the Playground

Zuraj, The Void

In his circling of the world, Zuraj saw many things, he saw the onari take arms against the first few scouts of the karish, he saw tribes of kobolds lingering about the lands of the Kyorl and raising their own cities.

Such odd behaviours.

New Draconia

How long, exactly, had these tribes felt confortably safe in the outskirts of their former nation? Long enough to raise two cities and forget the threat of others to fight among themselves, for that long, the Kyorl deemed fit to leave them to their own petty devices. Even when some great beasts appeared, they left well enough alone.

But... That was not meant to last, Zuraj had let the kobolds go, but it was at the (violent) behest of a deity that had taken his own and left. And there never was a clause about leaving them alone anyway, it was merely a small courtesy to what may have been stragglers. Which they proved not to be.

So the gates of what used to be the kobold nations of Draconia opened once more, and the sounds of the forest ceased in favor of the drone of karish wings.

Terros was first to meet their ancient overseers again, when the first scout dragonfly appeared in the sky.

-----

High Onari Lands

Soldiers proved to be inadequate scouts for these lands, so the Karish took to the sky, sending dragonflies to see from above. Their Kyorl masters in the Mistlands would not be rebuked by a single barbaric response, at worst it told them that these mammals would have to be broken. But it was for their best.

------

Zuraj, The Void, again

His observations growing stale, Zuraj caught a scent in the Void, and the Host and the Swarm Within cruised the heavens after it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #677

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    The God stood up again.

"Well... it is hard for me to ask this, but... it would be better if I simply explained. For a while now my mind has been pondering upon how to bring balance to Nature. You see, for all of its glory, Nature cannot be fully maintained in the current state it is. The more nature remains in full green, the more energy is drained from the world, and what this will lead to is Nature's ultimate collapse. I as its divine protector and being cannot allow this."

Sephyrdiam motions his arm to the great gyroscope of flame.

"This, the first of your mighty creations, is where it comes into play. I wish to craft an affect upon the world, one which would transform it irrevocably. If I were to make this subtle change to your creation, I could send the world through an eternal cycle of change, one which would cause Nature to forever sustain itself. It would require a true binding of myself to Nature, and irrevocably transform myself as well."

He looks up at the mighty incendiary deity.

"Aah, I apologize. I never explained your creations part. If I have your permission, seeing that to make such a change requires its modification, I would like to send your great fire through a cycle as well. It would grow outward, and as it did, it would cause the world to cool, and enter a state of hibernation. Over time, it would return to its original size and return the world to a state of green. Like a pendulum... nay, a heartbeat, it would expand and contract eternally through time. Since it would cause such a change, I felt contacting you the most appropriate action."

"While I admire your aspirations for balance, I fear such a disruptions would be very harmful to some of the creations. My Igni an obvious example of those negatively affected. I cannot in good will give permission for something that would hurt my Igni. I do hope you understand."

He pauses for a moment in thought.

"Perhaps you could create an object rotating independent of Agonious that would reduce the amount of heat that passes through it. As long as does not block warmth and light reaching Lagun'a, I have no problem with that."
    Spoiler
    Show

AP 3 PAP 5 = AP 1, PAP 4 + AP 2, PAP 1
    AP 3 PAP 3 = AP 3, PAP 5 - 2 PAP Gain Divine level(1 Mold Land(Create Gyroscope), 2 AP Create Concept: (Domestication), 3 AP Create Concept: (Fire Magic))

18. - Top - End - #678

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but could you tell me where I could find Nysv? I need to ask him about something that would pertain to his domain, and I don't want to anger him by not getting his permission first."
    Tharin inclines his head toward the Angel, letting the Girl reply. He grins a little, "Don't want to anger him? It's nice to see somebody willing to communicate, at least."

The Creepy Masked Girl bows to the divinities. "The Darkness is busy with a business call. However I am now heading there myself to help it. If you wish to come you are free to do so. Once it is done you may ask it what ever you want."

She raises a hand to each of the divinities "Take my hands and I will take you there."
    Hovering to the side of the Girl, he takes her hand. "I assume that's what you wanted my help with, then. Hopefully this won't end in another fight."

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

New Draconia, Terros and Gorros

As the Old Enemy returned, Terrogor felt it was time to bestow upon the Kobold a planned gift... a tad early. Among many of the Kobold born more in tune with Terrogor and his will, began to notice the rise of an instinctual magical ability born deep within their bodies. This magical ability began to manifest in one of two ways.

The first, was Predatory Magic, and was based on the offensive power of the beasts of the world, Predamancers could summon predatory beasts, mostly herpetiles, from eagles to crocodiles to, if they were truly powerful, theropods. But more than that, they could manifest the powers of these creatures in an abstract way, spitting poison and acid at their enemies, causing huge fangs to erupt from the ground beneath foes, turning the ground beneath them to snakes, transforming their limbs into massively taloned claws, or granting themselves huge predatory wings. They could invest the spirit of predatory beasts into themselves or others, the might of theropods, the speed of a falcon, the dexterity of a slithering serpent.

The second, was Prey Magic, and granted defensive powers. A Preyomancer could summon massive turtle shells, or throw up barriers of scales. They could gain powerful horns, or make their own or others' skin ooze powerful nerve toxins or bestow these blessings on weaponry. These too could summon powerful beasts, giant turtles, ceratopsids and the like, and like the Predamancers could grant the spirits of these beasts, the constitution of a sauropod, the toughness of Ceratopsids, the cunning of crows.

And so the cities gathered their fighting force at the sight of the enemy, and besides spears coated in poison thrown with far greater strength than a kobold might ordinarily manage were gobs of acid and venom and spike like fangs hurtling through the air, as the Kobolds started preparing their War Herds to defend their homes, and to evacuate their people to a distant land if they must, quick footed runners with their speed greatly enhanced sped toward Gorros, to warn them of the threat to their combined home. Soldiers and warriors well honed by years of competition with their rival city, bearing spears tipped with Ceratopsid horns, with shields of wood with toughened ceratopsid leather, and toughened armor of the same, wielding axes and maces carved from the bones of their herd beasts, behind walls of wood and bone, prepared for war.

Spoiler
    Show
    0AP=3AP -3AP Create Concept: Theromancy, Classes: Predamancers, Preyomancers
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2012-03-30 at 05:45 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    High Onari Lands

Soldiers proved to be inadequate scouts for these lands, so the Karish took to the sky, sending dragonflies to see from above. Their Kyorl masters in the Mistlands would not be rebuked by a single barbaric response, at worst it told them that these mammals would have to be broken. But it was for their best.
    Provided they stayed to the air and did not harass the Onari below or draw near to the capital, the flying Karish are ignored. There's no point in playing an annoying one-upmanship game with them.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

Artoran had learned much in his short time in this world. Much of bloodshed, battle, and what it means to be a god. He had seen how the gods battle, how divine combat works. He had become stronger, and he was beginning to show it. As the blood of the gods spills, he becomes stronger.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP = 0 AP + 2 AP (rollover) + 1 PAP - 1 AP: Gain Divine Level (Warrior) (2 AP- 1)
    Actions: 2 AP (Create Bloodplate) + 2 AP (Initiate Combat (Nysv) + 2 AP (Create The Blood Line) = 6 AP
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-03-30 at 07:55 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

Akna and Sephyrdiam: I Am A Shrubber, I Am Called Sephyrdiam The Shrubber. I Design, Manufacture, and Sell Shrubberymen.

He let loose a laugh, a cheery, hearty laugh at the Goddess' misinterpretation of his creation.

After wiping a few tears of amusement from his eyes, Sephyrdiam continued speaking.

"No no they are not walking shrubberies. They are creatures of fur, flesh and bone. In short, they are a powerful predator, a collection of the very best of Nature's hunters. They are strong and fierce, but not completely beside using methods which do not utilize brute strength alone."

Sephyrdiam looked on towards the planet, in complete understanding of its design.

"I think our creations could benefit a great deal if they were to meet, do you not think so?"

Meanwhile, On The Conch

One such young Czar found itself wandering within the bounds of the forest domain of the Wood Onari. She, however, did not know this and was oblivious of any territorial domains. The young Czar female was of a rustic breed, having a light reddish brown coloration to her. The horns on her head curled back behind her ears, resembling something of those of a ram. Wandering and exploring the forests beyond the north lead her here, just as was dictated by her animal spirit, the Lynx.

Just as her spirit patron teaches her, as a wandering Spirit Warrior, she hunts the wilds for prey. Though a mistress of battle, she too required the sustenance of an animal to keep her alive. Crawling slowly across the ground, she stalked her prey... and pounced! Quickly her clawed hands ensnared her dinner, and with brutal swiftness she broke its neck. Later, she carried it back to a cave she found in the forest for cooking. She has yet to meet with any other sentient creature besides herself and the spirit she holds inside of her.

"While I admire your aspirations for balance, I fear such a disruptions would be very harmful to some of the creations. My Igni an obvious example of those negatively affected. I cannot in good will give permission for something that would hurt my Igni. I do hope you understand."

He pauses for a moment in thought.

"Perhaps you could create an object rotating independent of Agonious that would reduce the amount of heat that passes through it. As long as does not block warmth and light reaching Lagun'a, I have no problem with that."
    "I... see. Hmm... this will require thought. I am not sure how I will balance the world now that the great flaming ring in the sky is no longer a piece of this... I believe I will take my leave now. I have work to do and things to craft. I appreciate your meeting me, o Lord of Fire. May our next meeting be on just as good of terms."

With that, Sephyrdiam disappears in a swash of leaves, breezily dancing in the wind.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

The angel takes the girls hand. "Lead on."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hovering to the side of the Girl, he takes her hand. "I assume that's what you wanted my help with, then. Hopefully this won't end in another fight."
    The angel takes the girls hand. "Lead on."
    The Creepy Masked Girl takes the two hands and although she does seem to try to squeeze them as hard as she can, it would feel as if she is barley able to hold on to them.

"Do not let go of me no matter what... do not stop for anything and do not speak or make eye contact with anything... least you get lost within the shadows, wandering for an eternity."

Within the blink of an eye, the Creepy Masked Girl melts into the shadows taking the two godlings with her. As she leads them, the world all around them is familiar... they can see the world, the moon and all the celestial bodies but they are shady, twisted and distorted. Any one trying to speak would find that it takes great effort and the words and any sound come out muffled, and from the corner of their eyes, it felt as if there was always something there... watching and stalking.

"Here we are..."
    says the little girl as all of a sudden, the two gods find themselves in the Oculous, with a now cloaked figure who can be none other than Nysv confronting Yiassel. The trip may have felt as if it took ages, while in fact it had only taken them a few moments.

Nysv turns to the newcomers "Ah... you have arrived Puppet... with guests as well. You shall have to forgive me... I have some unpleasant business to take care of over here before I can give you my full attention."

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam: Another Gyroscope!

Simplicity... that was what Sephyrdiam missed. For all his wisdom as a God, he did not see the simplest of actions available to him. Instead of changing what has been already made, why not make more? In some cases, this does not work as well, but for the sake of balance this works perfectly. Though it will greatly affect the world as it is... he has given ample time for mortality to prepare. Nature's bounty has already been unlocked for their utilization, and now is the time that balance is to be crafted.

Looking upon the first great gyroscope, Sephyrdiam studied its shape, its curve, its form. He began designing another, one much like the first, but smaller in scale and without any elemental tie to its structure. He aligned it opposite of the great blazing one, summoning water to surround its structure. Summoning the winds to his call, he froze the great water ring into one of ice, crafting the effective antithesis of the fiery gyroscope: an icy one.

Yet he would not make it equal to the first gyroscope's might. For the sake of balance, and the insurance that this soon-to-be cycle would be maintained, Sephyrdiam purposefully left the gyroscope of his creation to be weaker than that of Agone, the great Firelord.

Despite its weaker stature, its size was given something the first did not have: speed. It began slowly, building up momentum as the ring of ice began to turn. Soon it outspun the fiery gyroscope, beginning for the first of times upon the conch the entrance to the season of fall.

And for this great change, Sephyrdiam modified his own being to match that of the world below. As Nature changed, so too would he, transforming into an older being as the days grew short. In the depths of the darkest and coldest periods of winter, the God of Nature would fade from old age, transforming into a young child with the advent of spring. His form would be dictated by the season, and its effect on Nature's condition.

Twilight Forest: Don't Panic

Obviously, an event such as autumn seemed to spell doomsday as the entire world looked like it was dying. To prevent such a jarring reaction, Sephyrdiam sent messages to his Elder Spirits, informing them of his modification. They in turn told the young Lycanthropes and the Czar, calling for a time of great celebration as they danced and caused merrymaking for the times of harvest and the collection of Nature's bounty. Perhaps the Lycanthropes could invite the Onari to this celebration, improving relations between the three of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 4 Rollover

AP: 2=4-2 Create Land: Icy Gyroscope

AP: 1=2-1 Gain Portfolio Element: Cycles The seasons as created is a cycle, and nature as a system of life and death counts I think as a cycle as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Icy Gyroscope is what's going to create seasons on this world, and this is how it's going to work: It will form in late summer opposite of the fiery gyroscope, and begin turning around the conch, making fall. As it increases in speed, the temperature of the world will drop, creating winter. It will slow down then to the point that it will match the speed of the fiery gyroscope, melting and creating a rainy spring season. Late spring it will completely disappear, and only reform in late summer to begin the cycle again.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

The Creepy Masked Girl takes the two hands and although she does seem to try to squeeze them as hard as she can, it would feel as if she is barley able to hold on to them.

"Do not let go of me no matter what... do not stop for anything and do not speak or make eye contact with anything... least you get lost within the shadows, wandering for an eternity."

Within the blink of an eye, the Creepy Masked Girl melts into the shadows taking the two godlings with her. As she leads them, the world all around them is familiar... they can see the world, the moon and all the celestial bodies but they are shady, twisted and distorted. Any one trying to speak would find that it takes great effort and the words and any sound come out muffled, and from the corner of their eyes, it felt as if there was always something there... watching and stalking.

"Here we are..."
    says the little girl as all of a sudden, the two gods find themselves in the Oculous, with a now cloaked figure who can be none other than Nysv confronting Yiassel. The trip may have felt as if it took ages, while in fact it had only taken them a few moments.

Nysv turns to the newcomers "Ah... you have arrived Puppet... with guests as well. You shall have to forgive me... I have some unpleasant business to take care of over here before I can give you my full attention."
    Just as Voimond is about to enter and join his sibling, he senses a great change to balance. One that threatens to destabilize all and the fool who caused it claims it will champion the same cause that he himself avows. The pretender from whom he took the powers of balance would have a reckoning for this meddling.

"Forgive me, brother, but I must save the world from the meddlings of a mad fool."

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Sephyrdiam: Another Gyroscope!

Simplicity... that was what Sephyrdiam missed. For all his wisdom as a God, he did not see the simplest of actions available to him. Instead of changing what has been already made, why not make more? In some cases, this does not work as well, but for the sake of balance this works perfectly. Though it will greatly affect the world as it is... he has given ample time for mortality to prepare. Nature's bounty has already been unlocked for their utilization, and now is the time that balance is to be crafted.

Looking upon the first great gyroscope, Sephyrdiam studied its shape, its curve, its form. He began designing another, one much like the first, but smaller in scale and without any elemental tie to its structure. He aligned it opposite of the great blazing one, summoning water to surround its structure. Summoning the winds to his call, he froze the great water ring into one of ice, crafting the effective antithesis of the fiery gyroscope: an icy one.

Yet he would not make it equal to the first gyroscope's might. For the sake of balance, and the insurance that this soon-to-be cycle would be maintained, Sephyrdiam purposefully left the gyroscope of his creation to be weaker than that of Agone, the great Firelord.

Despite its weaker stature, its size was given something the first did not have: speed. It began slowly, building up momentum as the ring of ice began to turn. Soon it outspun the fiery gyroscope, beginning for the first of times upon the conch the entrance to the season of fall.

And for this great change, Sephyrdiam modified his own being to match that of the world below. As Nature changed, so too would he, transforming into an older being as the days grew short. In the depths of the darkest and coldest periods of winter, the God of Nature would fade from old age, transforming into a young child with the advent of spring. His form would be dictated by the season, and its effect on Nature's condition.

Twilight Forest: Don't Panic

Obviously, an event such as autumn seemed to spell doomsday as the entire world looked like it was dying. To prevent such a jarring reaction, Sephyrdiam sent messages to his Elder Spirits, informing them of his modification. They in turn told the young Lycanthropes and the Czar, calling for a time of great celebration as they danced and caused merrymaking for the times of harvest and the collection of Nature's bounty. Perhaps the Lycanthropes could invite the Onari to this celebration, improving relations between the three of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 4 Rollover

AP: 2=4-2 Create Land: Icy Gyroscope

AP: 1=2-1 Gain Portfolio Element: Cycles The seasons as created is a cycle, and nature as a system of life and death counts I think as a cycle as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Icy Gyroscope is what's going to create seasons on this world, and this is how it's going to work: It will form in late summer opposite of the fiery gyroscope, and begin turning around the conch, making fall. As it increases in speed, the temperature of the world will drop, creating winter. It will slow down then to the point that it will match the speed of the fiery gyroscope, melting and creating a rainy spring season. Late spring it will completely disappear, and only reform in late summer to begin the cycle again.
    Voimond arrived at the gyroscope too late. Already the fool had formed the ultimate tribute to his folly. Did he not see the billions who would starve in his self-imposed concept of balance? Aye, the current system was not self-sustaining, but that's why there are gods. As one resource grew scarce, gods would replenish it. They were active in the world, and this would never change. The fool was trying to make something where the gods could just sit back and watch it happen. This would be bad for the gods, and his solution had a toll in lives for those who would starve in the cold months that was unacceptable.

"Your meddling in the affairs of balance will be tolerated no longer, Sephyrdiam." Voimond ends his sentence by sending a shaft of starlight flying at the watery god. Was that a Twilight Guardian whispering in his ear?

Whether that was or not, there definitely were several of the creatures floating nearby, bearing witness.

Spoiler
    Show
    star domain discount, pantheon ap, and BoT discount used to initiate divine combat against Sephyrdiam.

(2d6+2)[8].5
    +2 from warrior
    .5 from combat artifact.

27. - Top - End - #687

"I don't think that will be a prob-..." He begins to say, before being cut off as they travel through the strange, shadowy world. He shuts his eyes quickly, only opening them once he is certain that they have arrived. He looks at the gods stood before him slowly, glancing between Nysv and Yiasial.

"Here we are..."

Tharin, still holding the Girl's hand, gives a small bow to Nysv.

"Ella asked me here, though I am still not sure why. The other wishes to talk to you about business, I think."
    He points towards the Angel with his free hand, giving them a smile.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

The Angel appears unruffled by the trip through the shadow. "That was fun, we'll need to do it more often a few minutes ago. And Nysv, if you aren't too busy I was hoping to create a thing that would give mortals a legitimate fear of the dark, beyond you. Things that look like shadows and hide in the shadows, but eat like piranhas. What do you think?"
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"I don't think that will be a prob-..." He begins to say, before being cut off as they travel through the strange, shadowy world. He shuts his eyes quickly, only opening them once he is certain that they have arrived. He looks at the gods stood before him slowly, glancing between Nysv and Yiasial.

Tharin, still holding the Girl's hand, gives a small bow to Nysv.

"Ella asked me here, though I am still not sure why. The other wishes to talk to you about business, I think."
    He points towards the Angel with his free hand, giving them a smile.

"Ah yes. My Puppet requested that you be here to witness this. It would seem that she is rather fond of you. And as for you..."

Says Nysv turning to the Lonely Angel "You have done well to seek me out... but such dealings should not be made in public... especially when you have someone as nosy as this one, who also feels the need to dictate how the gods should use their powers." referring of course to Yiassel "You would do well to keep this lesson in mind. We shall talk about the terms in private as soon as I am done proving my innocence to Ms. Peeping over here. As you can understand I dislike being spied upon... but I also dislike being accused unjustly... its very bad for business you see."

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam: A Battle of Balance

Sephyrdiam felt the shaft of stars and moonlight erupt through him, spraying this blood across a forested area of the world, the beautiful moonlit shades of crimson seeping deep into the ground.

Sephyrdiam turned, eyes shifting between shocked and defensively feral, his predator's gaze turned directly onto his ally... or rather who he thought an ally until now.

"Meddle? MEDDLE? I do not "Meddle", Voimond. I created what I felt need be for balance's sake, for Nature's sake..."

Before the lunar god of light, Sephyrdiam transforms into his bestial state from before, wearing the robe of leaves as if it were a cape of sorts.

"For MY sake!"

Roaring with his new found bestial might, Sephyrdiam charged the deity, wrapping vines and back about his right arm until it pulsed with the verdant energy of the Forests. Sephyrdiam, with a clawed hand, slammed his arm into Voimomd, a now bloody bark covered claw ripping into his pale lunar flesh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty Voimond... I haven't done a divine combat before, so please correct me if I get anything wrong in my calculations.

(2d6+3)[7]