New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

Akna, the Oculus

What? No! She's my friend. You can't attack her.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Akna, the Void/Occulum

Akna suddenly wanders into the area.

Hi, Voimond! Um... why is everyone here?

She looks a little uneasily at the gathering of gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Akna blanches at the stranger addressing her in such a cavalier manner.

To Voimond: What kind of crowd do you associate with these days? You seem to have... slipped.

Ah, Sephyrdiam, there is at least one... slightly reasonable party here. Of whom do you speak? Surely not my friend Yiasial.
    "Nsyv has eloquently stated why he has come here, to vindicate himself before a goddess who has slandered him. I have come to ensure she perpetrates no further injustice on others and to do so by force if necessary. The rest, some have come at our behest to witness things, others have come of their own accord and I don't fully know. The rather overly violent one, and I think that means something extra when I say that is a simple creature, one that is quite useful to have as an ally, but definitely not one I would say is a great philosopher. The rest, well, I don't really know. I think they expect me to initiate a divine conflict here at the seat of her power and wish to see if I can succeed. I admit that this possibility seems likely, but if Yiasial will willingly destroy her spy network and renounce her claim to any special authority, I shall have no need to resort to violence. You can tell that those with me may or may not side with me, and there even might be those who join her in opposition to me. That is fine, although I have warned all that I do not intend to lose and those who share her philosophy will be at risk themselves. Honestly, there are some here-" and at this, Voimond looks pointedly at Terrogar "Whom I wish were not here, but I will not stoop to hypocrisy and tell another what they must do when they are not on doing so within my own domain."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Akna, the Oculus

Akna places four hands on her hips in defiance.

Then go home and don't tell Yiasial what to do in her own domain. Voimond, you're better than this.

*angry mother death glare*
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2012-04-04 at 01:54 AM.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond - The Void (occulus)

"If the dominion she has appointed for herself wasn't the greatest evil I have ever seen, I would indeed. But this is a cause I feel strongly enough in that I am willing to sacrifice all claims of moral high ground for the greater good. If you cannot understand or forgive this hypocrisy,I am sorry."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #755
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Everybody this side of Pluto, but particularly Nysv
    The Oculus
    Yiasial, Reply

The armored goddess nods briefly in thanks at Akna's defense, but quells further speech with an address to the shadowed visitor who had first sought her audience.

"So. You have come into the open, Watcher of Shadows. I would extend welcome, but I doubt you would accept it. You would seem to share your brother's rage, though you temper it better than he. I would warn you now, but that too seems doomed to be ignored. I would fight you, but unlike some, I see nothing to be gained in pointless violence."

"I sit here, alone. I watch, and I wait. I ask for nothing and command nothing, attempting to convince you and your kin to cease your destructive ways. I have done nothing to you. And yet, you have rallied so many in hatred of me. I would laud your leadership, but it is wasted on such vendettas. I would praise your manipulation, but it is to no end."

"All I will say, to you and your band of witch-hunters, is this."

"I accept that I have failed. I cannot fulfill my function under such conditions. I... am not entirely sure where I went wrong. Perhaps my observations drew me too close. Perhaps I was meant to remain in the furthest rings of creation. I take comfort only in the fact that my task will not go unfulfilled. I am, I think, just one contingency. There are others. I will do what I can, but if this world wishes to fight its own battles, I will not stand in its way."

"You list my crimes. If you find such simple tasks so abhorrent, I offer my death as payment. This should settle debts, even to your satisfaction. Is this acceptable, Watcher?"
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond - Wha?

"Forgive my language, but what the Void?" Voimond takes a breath. "Yeah, I think you're a spying little goddess of a jerk who should step down from her powers, but just dismantle your spy network and don't tell us what to do or not do within our own domains and you have satisfied everything I have come here for. Death of a divinity is not some coin to be used to pay for things, it is a great tragedy, one I cannot condone. If you wish to kill yourself, I will have no part in it. I did not come to kill you, but to correct an evil you perpetrate. If you are mad enough to seek oblivion, know that I do not wish it even upon you and will regret that another has chosen to end their existence."

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Oculus

Nysv raises its shadow tendril to its Sibling. "This is my business to take care of... let me handle this as I had requested. Well Yiassel...there you go... once again jumping to conclusions and falsely accusing me when you know nothing. Stop being so dramatic... no one has paid me to kill you, and so I gain nothing from your death. I did not bring this mob here. I only asked for my Sibling to point me to your direction... Tharin was brought here on request for my puppet. Everyone else have their own reasons to be here, something that I am not responsible for."

"You are wrong... you have done something to me. You have accused me... and I am here to set things right. So go ahead then... display your evidence of my actions... for the purpose of my visit was to prove that your accusations are groundless."
    Last edited by Shmee; 2012-04-04 at 02:33 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

8. - Top - End - #758
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yiasial, Accusations

"I have made no accusations. I have made speculation. An accusation would require some measure of proof, which your essence prevents. In any case, the point has become moot. I am tasked with keeping the peace and monitoring the world. These tasks are the essence of my being, and they are in conflict. I cannot continue as I have been without provoking conflict. I cannot desist as you ask without blinding myself. Each path results in failure. I am a failed contingency. It is best I desist."

"I cannot do as you ask without my elimination. I have allowed myself to be trapped in a conflict of function. Please, do not take the blame for this. While you had a role to play, the fault is primarily mine."
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond - Closing thoughts

"You are insane, and your evil ending in madness is not what I desire. I will have no part in this and for what it's worth, know that I regret coming here."

With that, Voimond leaves and returns to the Moon.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Akna

No! Bad, Yiasial!

Akna slaps her across the back of the head.

Suicide is NEVER the answer.
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2012-04-04 at 03:26 AM.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

"Right... well look. Obviously I decided to come at a bad time. Should you decide not to kill yourself then I shall return and maybe we can clear a few things up. However, should you finally decide to kill yourself ... I could help you do it... for a price of course."

"Puppet! We are leaving from this mental asylum."
    Last edited by Shmee; 2012-04-04 at 03:57 AM.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kansheri - Opening Statements]

Kansheri, in a less-than-subtle, at least with people like Nysv and Yiasial about, show of support, moves behind her mother, right hand reforming into a sword, apparently made from bone and chitin, as she does.

"Hold a moment, Void-formed. I would have an explanation from you. You see, I do not," the Changeling Queen says, wings flowing like quicksilver, and hardening into a nigh-invisible (as in, highly effectively chameleonic) shell over her entire body, "trust your motives, Shade-dweller. You claim to be offended at her observations - yet even my sight, tuned to change and base only, and even then the general outlines of such, not action as is hers, and capable of prying within the secrets of deities far greater than myself, cannot affect you. And that is when I look directly at you, from a short distance. She can hardly hope to be more effective using the Oculus to scry you, especially when she is so far from your demesne of the Moon, and all the other realms. So what possible harm does it do to you what she observes?"

The Shifting One pauses for a moment, her right arm taking the form of a shield, while that hand grows claws like those of the Bloodthieves.

"Surely," she resumes, tone light, though with a dangerous undercurrent, and growing more serious as she goes on, "you don't expect us to believe that you, who, as you put it earlier 'would go to the highest bidder', and deal only in business, offering nothing, even simple advice, for free, have come on behalf of others? Unless, that is, one of them is unwilling to accuse Yiasial on their own behalf, and thus has already hired you to do so. Being here on a contract would certainly explain everything you'e done.

Terrogor - You are the Lord of the Hunt, intimately connected to the ways of predator and prey. If one of the Carnotaurs you created cannot defend itself, or hunt on its own, it dies, does it not? Would you support a deity who cannot defend themselves, then, when it is not right for mortal beasts to do such?

And what of you, Artoran? Would the Bloodborn throw himself in with a coward, unwilling to face Yiasial in battle, whether that fight is mental or physical, or, as with Terrogor, say that one so weak they dare not do so for good cause is still fit to rule?

Sephyrdiam. You are Nature. If a tree were to be falling on a Czar, would it not be the natural order of things for them to be struck, get out of the way, or have a friend catch it by their being in the right place to do so, rather than cheating by stopping time and paying another to keep the tree from striking them? Why would you find such better in a deity than in one of them?

Alorn - You are the Just Blade, lord of war and honorable combat. What is there honorable about hiding behind the Darkness in place of coming against Yiasial with their grievance? Is it not as bad as hiring an assassin to kill someone because you're afraid to fight them in a fair duel?

Of course, if the Pact-lord has a simpler way of explaining things, then I suppose none of that would apply..."

With that, the Mistformed falls silent, waiting for an answer from Nysv.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv the Oculus

"You seem to have misunderstood me. I am not offended that she has tried to spy on me... because simply she cannot. Others on the other hand, who have not mastered my art of passing unnoticed are not so lucky, and it is they who are calling for the dismantling of this place... not I. Perhaps next time you decide to take a bath, keep in mind that perhaps... just perhaps... someone is watching you. As to why I like my privacy? Lets just say that some things are better off left in the shadows. Maybe one day if you deal with me you will understand."

"What has offended me, is that she would make accusations and speculations on a whim without proof or evidence, and that is the reason why I am here, to set the record straight, and produce the evidence to disprove her speculation... perhaps deliver a verbal lashing... and then leave it at that. Surely your action would not be so different had someone done the same to you? If anyone else wishes to accuse Yiassel of something then that is own business... not mine."

"You are right... and as I have already explained, to throw the responsibility of everyone's presence here on me is simply the same type of wild accusations and speculations that I came here to end, save for my Sibling whom I needed to identify my accuser, Tharin who came here on my Puppet's personal request, and the Lonely Angel who wished to do business with me on a matter regardless of Yiassel. As for why the rest of you are here... go ahead and ask each of them. Some smelled blood in the water... others by the chance of luck... still it is none of my business not do I seek to make it so."

"You don't trust my motives? That is perfectly understandable. Let me spell it out for you so you can understand: I seek profit. Since no one has paid me to kill Yiassel or destroy this place, then I have no reason to act, nor shall I gain anything. It is the reason why I don't hold grudges either... today's target may be tomorrow's client."

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond - Geminus

Unsure exactly why, Voimond feels as if he just barely escaped yet another high-handed berating at the hand of an immature godling. Which is fortunate for all involved. He found that fighting with everyone was beginning to grow tiresome. It left very little time to do the fun things in life, such as observe his lycanthrope children.

Speaking of which...

Contact - Onari-kind

One day, one of the servants to the queen of the Onari asks for an audience with Her Highness.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Alorn, the Occulus

Alorn turns from Terrogar momentarily to answer. "I am here of my own accord, hiding behind none. You know my domain, why are you surprised that I would be drawn here. The potential for battle between so many powers sends ripples throughout creation. how could I not feel them and be drawn? I know nothing of the actually conflict, though would offer my service as arbiter if such a thing becomes necessary."

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

Terrogor, Oculus

Terrogor lashes his tail as Voimond leaves in what can only be described as a huff. He looks to Nysv and speaks "You would do well to reign your brother in. He is blinded by arrogance, and seems to me a far worse tyrant than the likes of which he railed against here in this... spy goddess. He seems much more willing to meddle physically in the affairs of others, rather than supply condemnations of others' use of their powers, he would come to strip them of their powers. If he carries on sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, and picking a fight with whoever does do as he wills, he will not always have his kin to save him, and there will come a reckoning for him."
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Oculus

Nysv doesn't turn towards Terrogor but replies none the less

"Oh? Another godling with advice it seems. Got a name?"

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

Terrogor, Oculus

Terrogor replies simply "Terrogor"

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond - Geminus

Once again, Voimond gets that feeling like he just narrowly missed yet another lecture from a young godling who thinks he can talk down to him. Perhaps these godlings would rather come speak to him face to face. Unless of course they are too cowardly to speak to him on his own domain. Either way, Voimond is ignorant of what was actually said, and instead spends his time idly fiddling with moon rocks.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Oculus

"Excellent. I'll be sure to remember it." says the god of Darkness still not looking at Terrogor's direction "Alright then godling... if meddling in other people's affairs vexes you so much, then why are you here and uninvited meddling in something that does not concern you?"

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Terrogor, The Oculus

"You misunderstand, I don't really care about his meddling. I just felt someone should tell you that your kin might just get himself killed trying to make the whole universe bend to his will. Personally it's his arrogance I find abrasive, and I'm not much one to talk am I?"

Terrogor's grin returns

"As for what I am doing here, idle curiosity. I felt the power of this place and I tasted the impending gathering, and I came for little more purpose than because I could and there was nothing else to do. If idle investigation and conversation counts as meddling in your mind, I really am curious about what you think of what your brother does."
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2012-04-04 at 08:13 AM.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Dwarf in the Playground

Neglect is the root of Evil

Long ago, when even the gods were young, great Cthonaeon devoured what had been the the most glorious creation. So glorious it was never to be digested. Instead it drove the divine wyrm into a torpor and hasn't stirred since.
    The elder gods neglected his plight. So great was their neglect that they started molding his skin as if it were a mere object, littering it with their toys and their dirt. Their children continue to neglect the world they stride upon for the elders never teached them.

But neglect fosters corruption.
    Like a disease it seeps through the great wyrms innards growing, mutating, ever changing. With nothing to stop it the corruption spreads its influence to every tissue.

And then, at the very moment when the gods neglect, it stirs and the whole world trembles.
    The Karish and the Kobolds that had wandered deepest were struck hardest. Tunnels collapsed. Then structures above it.
    All those that had chosen to live under roofs or in forests also didn't have it easy as the older and less sturdy houses and trees fell onto their heads.
    Dormant volcanoes erupted. Avalanches crushed down the mountains. Storms raged through the lands. Waves never seen before ravaged the shores. It seemed the elements themselves were lashing out.

As sudden as it started the cataclysm stopped again and the mortals had no other choice but to wonder and to rebuild.
    The only permanent mark to the world seemed to be numerous dark caves and niches spread through the cliffs and hills of the world.
    What may they be? How deep may they go? No one knows... almost.
    For deep within the bowels of creation Gauron smiles.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 5 = 6 - 0 ( Divine Intervention: Worldquake with Earth Domain) - 1 (Mold land: First entrances to the depths)

Earth Domain

Evil Domain

Everyone is free to decide how much it affected them but I'd like if you keep to what I said with people in underground tunnels hit the hardest and stuff.
    Thanks to zimmerwald1915 for giving me the random on-the-fly pic he made as an Avatar. You're awsome zimmerwald1915!

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Oculus

"One deity comes here from idle curiosity and boredom, I can understand... two deities here I can still pass it off as a coincidence. Count how many are here uninvited. Coincidence? Or meddling? You decide."

"As for what my Sibling does? He pays me. Pure and simple. He pays me and I provide my most excellent services at very reasonable prices I may add, with customer satisfaction my highest priority."

Nysv might as well throw in a sales pitch while it is at it.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Terrogor, Oculus

Terrogor laughs heartily, an odd sound from reptilian lips, it sounded somewhere between a hiss, a roaring chuckle, and the shrill cry of a predatory bird

"Judging by our stated reasons, most of us came because we felt the gathering, and there is this gathering only because most of us came. It seems fate effects even gods then.

As for your brother, as I said, I do not care what he does. If he interests you only as a client, you may not care as well, but if you want to continue being paid by him, you might want to make sure he lives long enough to line your pockets. Nothing saying you can't charge him for the advice..."

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Oculus

"You call it fate... I call it meddling godling."

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Terrogor, Oculus

"Call it what you will, it makes no difference to me. You will listen to me, or you will ignore me. I cannot force the gods to change their minds, and I have no desire to try."

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, you know where

"Very well... I am listening... what is it you want godling?"

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Terrogor, Oculus

"Me? Well... I do not really desire anything from this. Except, perhaps, to avoid a conflict which seems inevitable with your brother being as brash as he is."

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam- Alright, This Is Nothing But Business Now

Apparently after all this we have a depressive Goddess of suicidal tendencies, a moon God who has now tired of the entire situation, a Goddess of time whose trying to move everyone to her side of the argument, a God of Darkness who is now conducting business chats with a God of Dinosaurs... no, no more.

Tired of... everything that has just happened, Sephyrdiam simply disappears with a dispersion of wind, leaves, and spirit stuff. Reappearing over the Conch, Sephyrdiam contemplates of the best way to bring balance to Nature, and so himself.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv

"I'm afraid that your request goes against my interests. If there is no conflict... I will be out of work. I could do it of course... for the proper motivation of course... and I'm not talking about something as intrinsic as "doing the right thing". Something more... tangible."