New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Training Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Ordo," says the empty space, shortly before something drops from that spot on the ceiling. He's like a mobile blur, feet padding across the floor in near-silence. Suddenly the voice is in front of them. "Nice to meetcha."
    Bianca steps back, hand on her sword hilt. That's close enough. she tries to focus on where the voice is coming from. And it'd be nice if we could see you. Maybe make us a little more comfortable.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Training Room}

Bianca slowly returns her look to Shanaya. Of course, if you join us, you can't attack Vincent or Caroline. They are fellow members.
    Training Room

Well...this is a tough decision. To join or not to join? That's a pretty good question. One one hand...but, on the other hand...however...but what if?...Guy with a cape...?

Shanaya closes her eyes, breathes in deeply as she thinks about it.
    Then, she sighs. "Okay. Deal. I won't attack..."

[Training Room]

"Ordo," says the empty space, shortly before something drops from that spot on the ceiling. He's like a mobile blur, feet padding across the floor in near-silence. Suddenly the voice is in front of them. "Nice to meetcha."
    Unfortunately, Shanaya's eyes are still closed, when this happens. "...eep!" she says, jumping suddenly in surprise as a man's voice suddenly appears in front of this 14-year old girl.

Her eyes open!

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Halfling in the Playground

Training Room

"Hey, to be fair, I can't see you either," Ordo says, shortly before he shimmers into view. The chameleon effect fades, leaving a short, powerfully muscled man standing in front of them. He's wearing a blindfold, a pair of pants, and little else. The psion crosses his beefy arms and grins. Especially at Shayana - he likes making people jump. "I'm one of Dipsnig's lieutenants. And you two are...?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-10-13 at 12:46 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

{Training Room}

Bianca folds her arms over her chest and raises an eyebrow, clearly not impressed. I'm Bianca. The last of the assassins, that currently don't assassinate people at all, for NO. I've been here longer than you, Beefy.

5. - Top - End - #1085

[Training Room]

Shanaya opens her eyes now, to be able to see Mr. Ordo.

The girl blushes for having been frightened, and puts on her best "I'm not a little kid!" face. "And I'm Shanaya Evilene Klisvane, Hero of the Dragon Goddess!" she announces, holding her sword upright in a fancy pose.

...No, she doesn't really think much about his blindfold. She still puts on the pose just for show.

6. - Top - End - #1086

[Training Room]

"Very impressive," Ordo says, smiling at Shayana and trying to be sincere. He'll go to put a hand on her blade and lower it gently - makes him nervous. This also proves he can see them, at least in some fashion.

Ordo offers his hand to Bianca next. "Aaaanyways... who says it's gotta be a contest, miss Bianca?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Beast Pens

"Yeah, I remember what I saw. I can draw out a map, if you got a touchpad or something." Cassidy waits a few moments before continuing. "I think I should go for it. Playing the long con's risky, but I'll be able to get a hell of a lot more info."
    Dipsnig shrugs. "It's up to you. Draw a map before you head out again, though. The equipment should be around here somewhere."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beast Pens

Cassidy nods in response. "Yeah, I'll go do that now." And she goes off to find something she can draw a map on.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Titan in the Playground

[Armory]

The equipment Cassidy needs ought to be there. This sort of thing tends to be handwaved.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #1090

Armory

It doesn't take long for Cassidy to find what she needs, and draw the map. It show boths the street location in Riverside, the layout of the outside, and what she saw of the inside, which doesn't amount to much.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

[Armory]

Once Dipsnig sees the map, he nods.
    "Good job. You can take [amount of money] from our treasury and consider yourself a full member. I look forward to seeing what else you can dig up on them."

12. - Top - End - #1092

Armory

"Thanks, boss. I'll rest here for the night, before heading back to keep up with the con." Cassidy waits a bit before adding, "It might be a while before I can come back. I don't know how lenient they are."

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

[Armory]

"We could use a secure means of communication. I know some goblins who still live in Riverside. I could arrange something," Dipsnig says.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Troll in the Playground

[Training Room]

Bianca hesitates. She hates the touch of men. They've always made her uncomfortable. But she reaches out and takes his hand, swallowing her distaste in order to be polite to a co-worker. Life is a contest. Only the strong survive. she smiles. Pleasure to meet you, I'm sure.

15. - Top - End - #1095

Armory

"Whatever it is, it'll have to go on outside their temple. I get a feeling their god likes to watch its followers," Cass replies.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Titan in the Playground

[Armory]

"Of course. I'm thinking I could set up a few spots in Riverside where you'd leave and recieve messages from me. They'd be away from the temple and in obscure places," Dipsnig explains.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-10-14 at 01:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1097

Armory

"That might bash out pretty well," Cassidy says. "It'll probably keep me from getting discovered, anyway."

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

[Armory]

"Hopefully. If you do get discovered, I'll see what I can do," Dipsnig says. "Things you dig up might make for good blackmail material."

19. - Top - End - #1099

Armory

"If things get really bad, I'll just cut and run. Drop my street name and pick up another one." Cassidy doesn't think that'll happen, since she already fooled their god, but she was always prepared for things to go south.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

[Armory]

"Okay. Keep me updated in either event," Dipsnig says with a nod.

21. - Top - End - #1101

Armory

"You got it, boss. I'll crash here and stow my gun before I go back to that temple." Cassidy starts to head to her room, unless Dipsnig has anything else to say.

22. - Top - End - #1102

[Training Room]

"Very impressive," Ordo says, smiling at Shayana and trying to be sincere. He'll go to put a hand on her blade and lower it gently - makes him nervous. This also proves he can see them, at least in some fashion.

Ordo offers his hand to Bianca next. "Aaaanyways... who says it's gotta be a contest, miss Bianca?"
    [Training Room]
    Shanaya's blade is lowered easily enough, especially because she already did her pose.

She continues to lower her sword until it is sheathed in her sheath that wasn't there a minute ago.

23. - Top - End - #1103

[Training Room]

"Uh, likewise," Ordo replies, shaking her hand firmly. He has no doubts about Bianca's conviction. Seems like a rather harsh lady to be around. The psion glances at Shanaya, smiling in a friendly manner. "So I gather you're joining up?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Troll in the Playground

{Training Room}

Bianca looks Shanaya up and down. I think you'd be wise to. We could help you become more powerful. And more powerful characters can defeat enemies easier.

Yes, she talks gamer talk. She's been wincing and rolling her eyes around Vincent and Caroline long enough to have finally caught on to their lingo.

25. - Top - End - #1105

[Training Room]

Shanaya smiles. That's so great! "I might even get to level three," she adds aloud, though not that loud.

"Yes. I'm joining up." She has decided.

The girl starts to think about what joining up would entail. "Oh, no. There's probably some sort of joining up quest, right?" Please let it not be a "kill 500 pumpkinheads quest," nor one of the "go to the forest and pick ingredients" ones. Those are so boring and long! And not one of the quizzes where you have to correctly answer questions. She hasn't gone to upper-division school yet! How in the world is she supposed to pass one of those quizzes? They're just so hard!

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

{Training Room}

I do believe their is. But that's not my department. Bianca looks over at Ordo. Well?

((NOTICE: I will be away on vacation until Thursday. I will try to get online, but not sure when or how often.))
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-10-21 at 05:33 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Date Time]

"Shalyn, you wound me." His wry smile tells another tale, however. "I worked hard to tailor that compliment to you specifically. I can't even remember the last time I used the word ravishing." He says amusedly.
    [Date Time]

"Don't have a very good memory do you?" Shalyn asks amusedly, "But enough talk, let's get down to it shall we?" She asks before slowly wrapping her arms around Kirk. "She also told me you were very good in this area..." She says suggestively.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-10-23 at 05:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

[Date Time]

"Did she now." Kirk tries to pull her over so she's straddling his lap. "You'll have to see for yourself, won't you?" The drow runs a line of kisses down her neck as his hands work on her bathing suit. Unless she protests, he'll soon pull the curtain.

29. - Top - End - #1109

[Date Mate Time]

Once they are done, Shalyn playfully ruffles through Kirk's white hair, "That wasn't half-bad little man." She obviously have done this for quite some time.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

[Date Time]

"Wasn't half bad? I got the impression you were enjoying yourself a bit more than that." Kirk smirks, displaying very well his never failing confidence.