New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[The Door]

The door slides open quietly for the man.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ogre in the Playground

The Door

He walks in, his wooden leg clumping the ground, his crutch balancing himself perfectly. He looks about for someone standing by. Could anyone show me where the leader of this guild would be found? I have some business. He takes a big gulp from a hip flask, and shivers for a few seconds. He adjusts a few pistols kept in his belt.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

As soon as the dishelved man enters, he will find Dipsnig standing in the room.
    "I am the leader of this organization. What business do you have with us?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"I'm never going to hear the end of this, am I." Kirk says. "Sometimes I wonder why I tell you anything. I have no idea when you'll see her again. I get the feeling keeping you away from her might be a good idea, though."

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"What? Are you afraid I'll go lesbian and steal her away from you or something?" Dena muses awfully suggestively.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"It haunts my every waking moment." Kirk replies dryly. "I'm more concerned you'll start telling her more of your 'stories' you apparently like to talk about so much." The drow shakes his head at her, though she'll probably catch the amusement in his eyes.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Room]

As soon as the dishelved man enters, he will find Dipsnig standing in the room.
    "I am the leader of this organization. What business do you have with us?"
    He takes another hearty swig of whatever is in the large hip flask. He adjusts his coat again and speaks in his hoarse, somewhat garbled voice, A matter of two things, actually sir...One of them being a matter of finding an artifact of mine...for a price 'o' course, and maybe afterwards, t' show me good will...perhaps some form of employment. Me names Clegg. Clegg Thenardier. His voice sounds quite scratchy, and he seems like he's sustained some severe damage to his vocal chords. He'll then bow, as much as he can.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig isn't exactly picky, but he draws a line at employing people who look like homeless, alcoholic vagrants. Let's deal with the other thing for now.
    "What's the artifact and what's the pay?"

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

Clegg nods, and looks behind him, still rather paranoid. He could swear he was being followed...A sword...special sword. A lost sword. Pay? Well...that's simple....what would you prefer? Clegg will then approach Dipsnig, his voice changing to a perfectly normal, crisp, cold voice. He takes a small envelope out his coat. In there is five thousand, sir. There's more where it came from by the way, should you wish to partake in the rediscovery of the blade, I offer a cut of the other loot found on the way, and the five-thousand. Yaargh! Clegg turns around quickly, and will attempt to shoot a pistol at something that is not there. Got ye! Now his voice is the gravelly, psychotic one.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig begins to count the money when Clegg's bullet lodges itself in the wall.
    "Do that again, and I'll add the cost of renovation to the fee for finding your sword. But it sounds like a fair price."

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

Clegg turns and jams the large pistol back into its leather holster. He faces Dipsnig again. yes, fair price indeed, an', I know where the sword is. A shipwreck...it sunk three hundred years ago...An ancient ship, the sword belonging to a Captain Fiscious. A bounty hunter, his ship, The Crone's Reach sunk West of here...by the coast in a storm. I want that blade. I'll come along as well... He then looks around once more, swatting a fly that may or may not exist. So...what do ye say about this...expedition?

12. - Top - End - #1242

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    No Longer Waiting

Ordo returns with a hefty-looking backpack and a new set of clothes. Dressed all in black, nice and warm to boot, the psion starts toward the door.

"Let's go, kid!" He hails. And I suppose I shall post in Underside.
    Leaving

"Great!" says Shanaya, as she follows Ordo to Underside.

The whole way there, she'll be talking about all the best ways to slay a purple sludge, and how to cook its entrails.

(Where in the world is Underside?)
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #1243

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kirk's Room]

"It haunts my every waking moment." Kirk replies dryly. "I'm more concerned you'll start telling her more of your 'stories' you apparently like to talk about so much." The drow shakes his head at her, though she'll probably catch the amusement in his eyes.
    [Kirk's Room]

"Whaaaat?" Dena exclaims in feigned surprise. "I told Shalyn you were awesome in bed, what better endorsement could you possibly have? It's not like Tina can be disappointed about the hype when she already used the service."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-04 at 08:07 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"Yes, clearly you always have my best interests at heart. What was I thinking accusing you of anything." Kirk says. He doesn't look like he means it though. I can't imagine why.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Main Room

Clegg turns and jams the large pistol back into its leather holster. He faces Dipsnig again. yes, fair price indeed, an', I know where the sword is. A shipwreck...it sunk three hundred years ago...An ancient ship, the sword belonging to a Captain Fiscious. A bounty hunter, his ship, The Crone's Reach sunk West of here...by the coast in a storm. I want that blade. I'll come along as well... He then looks around once more, swatting a fly that may or may not exist. So...what do ye say about this...expedition?
    "Sounds like a fairly standard job. How urgent it is? I need to know how much time I have to assemble a team. Also, how dangerous and difficult is it likely to be?"

16. - Top - End - #1246

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kirk's Room]

"Yes, clearly you always have my best interests at heart. What was I thinking accusing you of anything." Kirk says. He doesn't look like he means it though. I can't imagine why.
    [Kirk's Room]

"Exactly, you shouldn't worry your little pretty little male head about it Kirky. I can recommend all girls I met to sleep with you, basically being your pimp even though you don't pay me anything." Dena replies, smiling as usual.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

Clegg looks around again, hand on a pistol at his belt. Hard to be sure...it was a huge ship, ine of the largest ever built in th' Nexus. The sword was wielded by the Captain, so it's probably buried somewhere in the wreck. No one really knows what happened to th' ship and it's crew...rumours of huge seamonsters and legends of cursed crew blot out the truth of what really 'appenedto the ship. Might be rather difficult, but rewarding. Urgency? Eh...not much. Oh, we'll need a wizard. Breathing underwata' and stuff...and to teleport us there. Undastand?

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig scratches his head.
    "Right. Is teleportation necessary? As in, could you get to the wreck in another way?"

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

Clegg nods. Well...we coul' sail there in my little boat, then dive down. My ship seats five. We still need some kind of water breathin' spell 'o' course. Also, we may need more than one or two people. It's a big ship, once again, 5,000 per mercenary, guranteed. Eh?

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"How thoughtful of you. I'd question if this is a good thing based on how well that's went so far." Namely, a certain someone trying to get pregnant.

21. - Top - End - #1251

[Kirk's Room]

"Yeah, the obvious flaw in the plan is you of course. But otherwise I think it have worked perfectly so far. I mean, there are such large parts of the female population that aren't aware of you yet. Perhaps we should start to advertise you on the wall. I already got a slogan in mind 'once you go black, you never go back'. With you in a robe just open enough to see your bare chest sitting in a armchair with a wine glass in hand. We probably have to work with the perspective though so you appear a bit taller then you really are. Or we could try to enlarge you. People will be expecting things after all." Dena says, just making up things as she go along. "Probably should mention it's girls only and that you do not want to knock them up. If you want I can install a camera in your room so I can make sure you always wear protection."

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

Kirk just stares at Dena for a moment. "...Do you think about this in your spare time and plan it all, or did you just come up with that on the spot?" He'd almost be impressed if it was the latter. "In any case, your imagination is far too vivid."

23. - Top - End - #1253

[Kirk's Room]

"I just made it up as I went along really and for your information, my imagination is perfectly fine." Dena crosses her arms over her chest. "Don't tell me you don't make up mental images of nearly all women you see. I always see that look in your eyes."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-05 at 08:09 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"Well, I could tell you what I'm imagining about one particular woman right now." Kirk gives her a quick elevator look. He goes on to describe a few things that certainly can't be displayed here.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Main Room

Clegg nods. Well...we coul' sail there in my little boat, then dive down. My ship seats five. We still need some kind of water breathin' spell 'o' course. Also, we may need more than one or two people. It's a big ship, once again, 5,000 per mercenary, guranteed. Eh?
    "Alright. I'll have to see which of my members may be up for the task," Dipsnig says. "Water breathing should be easy, though."

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Leaving

"Great!" says Shanaya, as she follows Ordo to Underside.

The whole way there, she'll be talking about all the best ways to slay a purple sludge, and how to cook its entrails.

(Where in the world is Underside?)
    The temple specifically, and Ordo's response to that no-doubt odd conversation, can be found here.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-12-05 at 01:40 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Alright. I'll have to see which of my members may be up for the task," Dipsnig says. "Water breathing should be easy, though."
    Clegg Thenardier nods again and adjusts his hat, crutch supporting him as he then turns. He faces the wall directly. He then turns right back around to stare at Dipsnig, his wooden leg making a hollow clunk on the ground. He moves a hand to scratch at his scraggly beard. He adjusts his torn navy and gold coat. Alright....say, where should I wait fer said members?

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"If you check back here in a couple of days, I ought to have a team ready," Dipsnig says.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

Thenardier nods and laughs his hearty, if creepy laugh. Fine then sir! I'll see ya then...I'll be in Trog's if'n ye need to contact me before, which I doubt...but eh. I'll be back in a few days. Goodbye! He'll then walk out of NO, and head back to Trog's to refill his hip flask.

30. - Top - End - #1260

[Kirk's Room]

Dena just laughs, "See? Your as messed up as I am, if not more." The drow states as she attempts to wrap her arms around him. "Think you're a bit too small for me to sit in your knee though."