New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Lab]

"Glad to know I'm appreciated,"
    she says, "What about you? What's the most impressive thing you've ever seen?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

Dipsnig rubs his chin, thinking.
    "Most impressive thing... hah. I've been in the Nexus for a few years, so it's hard to pick. If I were to choose the most impressive piece of technology, I'd say the Remnant base. Remnant is the local police and military force, and their base can fly. Like, the whole complex. It's only done it once, though. I think it puts a strain on their resources to do it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

Rilla blinks, "Well now, that is impressive. I'll have to ask for the specifications on how the managed that; I doubt I could manage to get an entire complex to fly."

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

"I'm not sure if they'd tell you, to be honest," Dipsnig says. "I think they prefer to keep the details secret. They're pretty paranoid. They do have some goblins working for them, but I don't think they were let in on the specifics."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

"Hmm, Pity that." Rilla says, "It could benefit a lot of people to have floating cities."

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

Dipsnig chuckles again.
    "Which is why they keep it to themselves. They'd rather it was just them who benefit from having a flying base. Even their technicians are soldiers first and scientists second."

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

Rilla shakes her head, "So they're like charr then. This is why inventors shouldn't be soldiers. Too paranoid to let everybody benefit."

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

Dipsnig decides not to mention the fact that goblins as a race are also very possessive of their technological and alchemical advances.
    "You've mentioned the Charr before. Who are they?"

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

To be far, she's a bit of a hypocrite in that sense.

"Large feline people, standing about eight feet tall. All of them have four horns and four ears. Very militaristic society."

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Halfling in the Playground

Main Entrance

Zane decides to knock again, a bit louder this time.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

Dipsnig scratches his ear.
    "Feline people... with horns. Weird. And they're also technologically advanced?"

[Main Entrance]

The door slides open for Zane.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

"Yes, that basically sums them up. They're constantly at war on several fronts, so their society tends to be based around fighting a lot. To do that, you need to be more advanced than your opposition." Rilla says.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

"Interesting. They sound a little like orcs, but smarter. You don't have orcs where you're from, do you?" Dipsnig asks.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

She shakes her head, "No. Care to describe them?"

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

"They look similar to goblins... mostly in terms of ears and teeth. But they're as tall as humans and really muscular." Dipsnig strikes a silly pose in which his arms are set apart from the rest of his body. Sort of like a man pretending to be a big dumb brute. "They're also covered in hair and have flat noses. They're related to us, distantly. They tend to see us as ammunition for throwing contests, though," he adds dryly.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

"Most bigguns tend to be pretty dumb, in my experience," Rilla says, frowning at the presented image of an orc, "I'd choose a strong mind any day."

17. - Top - End - #1367

Zane enters and finds whatever constitutes as a lobby or main room. Afterwards he hides in a corner.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

"Oh, of course," Dipsnig says. "Orcs are big enough to be able to punch through every problem. We have to stay sharp to succeed, which is better in the long run."

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

"I'm glad you agree," Rilla looks back towards her workbench for a moment, "Is there anything else? I should probably get back to what I was doing if not."

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

"There are two projects I'd like to interest you in," Dipsnig says. "I can give you a quick rundown before you get back to work if you want. Or I could send them to you later."

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside NO

Captain Clegg returns to NO, excited indeed. He seems giddy with hope for his expedition. He moves up to the big doors and taps his crutch against the dor three times. 'ello?

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

"No, it's alright," Rilla says, "What do you need done?"

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

"The first, more important thing is to improve our base's defenses. We do have serveral turrets, but it's proven not to be enough. Last time a band of crazy people attacked, we had to step outside and get our hands dirty, which is less than ideal. I think some more automated defenses and barriers could come in handy."

[Main Room]

The door opens and Dipsnig is waiting there for Clegg.
    "About time... we're ready to go here. The other memeber should be here shortly."

24. - Top - End - #1374

[Main Room]

A tall, wizardly gentleman follows behind Clegg, and gives Dipsnig a bow of greeting. The tall man isn't really a man at all - he's a grey elf, and part machine at that. His limbs appear to consist mostly of pig iron and copper wire, with ball-based joints to ensure a full range of motion. A patchwork cloak hides an array of spell components and his modest tunic.

The harbinger of magitech smiles at their host, wrapping the cloak tighter about his thin shape. "I've been hired as the house wizard for this expedition. You are Dipsnig Razortooth, I presume?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Room]

Oh great, a wizard. Now we don't need anyone else. Dena thinks to herself as she see her fellow team member.
    The drow (described in the link in my signature) enters the room, not looking too happy about the idea of working with a wizard. "I'm Dena." She says, figuring that was enough of an introduction for her.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"The one and only," Dipsnig says. "Our employer didn't mention that he'd be taking anyone else along. But so long as our payment stays the same, it makes no difference."
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-12-29 at 02:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1377

Main Room

Zane should be an assassin, his ability to find shadows and corners is almost eery.
    After observing the entrance of his fellow party members, he'll step out of his hiding place and approach Clegg. Thenardier, care to introduce me to the rest of the party?
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Forgan Shieldbreaker closely follows Captain Clegg and the wizard inside.
    From he can see, he was working with an unusual group. He was a bit surprised to see a drow, but then again who wouldn't be surprised to see a half-giant in the group.
    "I'm Forgan Shieldbreaker by the way, for those who haven't met me." Forgan announced before taking a deep breath.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lab]

"The first, more important thing is to improve our base's defenses. We do have serveral turrets, but it's proven not to be enough. Last time a band of crazy people attacked, we had to step outside and get our hands dirty, which is less than ideal. I think some more automated defenses and barriers could come in handy."
    [Lab]

"With a little funding, I can procure the materials necessary for some autonomous golem units that could defend us from any interlopers."

Of course, she fails to mention the potential for problems...

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

"Funds shouldn't be a problem. Some golems ought to do nicely. Would they be like the one you brought with you?" Dipsnig asks, tapping his tusk thoughtfully.