New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post

Oh no, icky goo stuff!
    Pavna hisses a bit and takes a moment to give his limbs a shake.
    Gotta get the stuff off before Mom appears ready to put the fear of Heaven in the ugly go-
    Oh, too late.

Singe marks in her pink hair, faint heat streaks across her cheeks, and a flat out sinister grin.
    "Don't worry, Reiny, I'm here now."
    Where did that hack saw in her hand come from?

There is the vague feeling that Shraaaaah and it will become very well acquainted soon.
    Goblin-saw kisses!
    Bast's Animal Shelter

Shraaaah knows that feeling. He felt it every time a nob looked his way with a hungry glint in its eye.

He hates it.

Dropping the fire launcher as a lost cause, Shraaaah moves to grab something from his pocket, and is conked over the head by a heavy book! He stumbles, dazed, as the firecracker he was going to pull out of his pocket drops to the ground, unlit.

((Edit: Missed Arel throwing the book. Carry on.))
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-03-04 at 02:42 AM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park - Harnel and Harnel

The Grig looks at green Harnel. "You... you were bluffing?" She looks dissapointed. "Well, I laid down the rules, and that's the way it's going to work. And it's not even my choice, I told the Gloamings to do it, and they're not going to help you under threat of extensive modification."

She looks up into the trees. "YES, that was a threat!"

Then Blue Harnel gives his suggestion. She will try to wiggle her arms free and open them wide for a hug, giving her best adorable eyes.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park - Harnel and Harnel]

The Gloamings grumble a bit, but they listen. Grig transformations are hard to steal.

Harnel looks between Blue Harnel and Vivreka, then sighs, "Will you change me back if I give you a hug?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

[Streets near the Marketplace]

Jamie happens to be here, making a shopping run. And the red-haired princess/Magical Girl heads for the market stalls, bearing a Basket of Holding.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #275
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Streets, Winguardia and Company]

"Why don't we pick up your friend, and take her with us to go hang-gliding and skiing?" Rhyan suggests, chuckling.

((And reposting this one. ))

Aeryn looks up in surprise, then grins, shaking her head bemusedly. "Of course I can do that. How about a Savage 24? .30-30 Winchester over 12-gauge, should handle anything up to the maddest owlbear."
    She doesn't wait for a reply, before collecting ammo and a super-jumbo-size roll of duct tape (Demonic Duck Tape Of Some Sort™ brand) as DRDs scurry to collect the other items. "Hopefully you won't need it to deal with anything too dangerous, though..."
    [Winguardia and Co.]

Unless there is an objection raised by Kerfuffle...

Winguardia nods in agreement with Rhyan's suggestion and starts leading the group toward Jessica's house. "She lives way out by the edge of the city, on Limit street. She wasn't feeling well, so she may decline the offer, but I gave her some medicine so she might be much better than when I left her."

[Erin's Emporium]

"Thanks!" Wes says with an enormous grin as she takes the combination firearm. "I just love having options." She gives the rifle/shotgun a good once-over, checking how everything works. "This gig should pay well, the guy had a tri-corder, just like from the sci-fi shows, so the loot should be good. Oh... speaking of good loot, I am going to really owe you when this is over. I hope you know I'm good for it, yes? I'll need a scabbard for this thing, something that will leave my hands free. My dad had a nice one made by a local guy that did the most amazing leatherwork... eh, no time to wax on about the past."

Then, to allay Aeryn's fears, "Normal firearms kill these things, hence the new shotgun. I checked that we're not dealing with anything bigger than a human or more numerous than a good swarm of rats, so I'm not too worried. After all, I fought an undead moon with my friends and we won." she chuckles at that memory. Not much trumps being able to say you fought a moon, and won.

She ferrets away the duct tape, rope, shells, and first aid supplies in her small backpack and various pockets and pouches.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

EE

"Scabbard that goes over the back, or on a mount?" Aeyrn asks, collecting a fine, black yeddim-leather scabbard that perfectly matches the gun. "And are you sure it wasn't a moon? They tend not to be, you know." She laughs, and quickly collects a bottle of gun oil and a bottle of leatherworking oil to toss in for good measure.

(Will wait on the others, for the other. )
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-03-03 at 10:27 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #277
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Erin's Emporium]

"Over the back." she clarifies. "Oh, thanks." she says to the offer of oil. "I'll be back for that. I have what I need for now in here." she jabs her thumb at her little backpack. Aeryn doesn't know this, but Erin (now Sharon?) has undoubtedly seen Wes' portable little kit with everything she needs to keep her weapon in top shape on the go.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Erin/Sharon has indeed. Aeryn just smiles and nods.
    "Well, alright then. Is there anything else you need? Grenades? Ranged taser? Batarangs?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Market streets]

Zwide shakes off several months of deadtime and immediately begins darting from stall to stall, asking questions about anything that catches his eye. He isn't paying much attention to where he's going, and if any PCs are in the area, he may run into them by mistake
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

City Walls

Willow Warwick sits atop the city wall, looking out over the city. It was time for her to choose her college, and she had the universities of every dimension available to her. All she had to do was say, "Daddy, I know it's expensive, but I really think it's the best..." and bat her eyelashes, and he'd come up with the tuition somehow. So that wasn't the problem.

The problem was that nowhere she could think of had anything to offer her. Why should she follow a curriculum when she could learn faster on her own? Why should she get a degree? No one in the Nexus would respect her more for it. No one in the Nexus who mattered had a degree... Vasquez, Magtok, DeeCee, Prometheus... none of them waved diplomas around.

They were people who changed things. And they were also part of the problem. The Nexus needed change, but everyone was going about it all wrong.

If she thought she could go away to uni and study advanced physics for a few years, and come back to find the place improved, it might be tempting. But it wouldn't. Willow was quite certain that no one could see things as clearly as she could. And because of that, she really couldn't afford the time it would take. Her brother and sister had to grow up here. Her clueless mother and ego-blinded father couldn't protect them.

"This city needs optimization. I'm the only one I can trust to do the job right,"
    Willow mutters. She opens her notebook and starts taking notes. She has a lot of planning to do.

Spoiler
    Show
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

[Winguardia and Co.]

Mayhala frowns somewhat, looking curious.

"What was wrong with her? I was a healer, back when I was fully human, so I might be able to help if she's still not feeling well..."

[Temperamental Streets]

Alia notices that Chloe's clutching her hand somewhat, and wishes that the other girl had more confidence in herself, but she certainly isn't going prevent her, as it would probably be taken completely wrong.

In any case, more walking! Possibly interrupted after another few minutes by a small group of goblins going past.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Erin's Emporium]

Erin/Sharon has indeed. Aeryn just smiles and nods.
    "Well, alright then. Is there anything else you need? Grenades? Ranged taser? Batarangs?"
    "That is all! Thanks again!" Wes drops some cash on the counter. "Down payment." she tells Aeryn, then she scurries out the door and back to where she left the odd fellow who crash-landed in the nexus.

[Streets - Rebonack's plot]
    "I'm back! What did I miss?" a very eager Westlanna inquires as she jogs over to the 'alien'.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Winguardia and Co.]

Mayhala frowns somewhat, looking curious.

"What was wrong with her? I was a healer, back when I was fully human, so I might be able to help if she's still not feeling well..."

[B]
    [Streets, Winguardia and Company]

"Why don't we pick up your friend, and take her with us to go hang-gliding and skiing?" Rhyan suggests, chuckling.

((And reposting this one. ))
    "She had a nasty case of the flu." Winguardia tells Mayhala. "If she is still feeling ill I'm sure she'd appreciate your help."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Aeryn waves happily to her friend as she departs!

[Winguardia and Co.]

"The flu can be most miserable. I might be able to make an herbal tea to help, too," Rhyan says.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

[City Walls]

"Hey! What are you doing up there?" The voice that comes to willow isn't accusing, or telling her to get down. whomever it belongs to, he's genuinely curious.

If Willow looks down over the edge, she'll see an odd young man. He's pale skinned, has a pair of blood red eyes, and his hair is a brown color that hangs looseley in and around his face. for some reason, his appearance may be slightly offputting, but that's mostly because he's a necromancer and because he's a bit weird normally too. Working with unlife a lot does that to a person, "If it's something cool can I join you?"
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-03-04 at 12:19 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

[Markets]

Jamie continues shopping, placing a bushel of mangoes into her basket (and paying for them) before heading in the direction of the live-poultry section of the market. Seeking a Turducken.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

City Walls

"It's a nice view. Isn't that a good enough reason?" Willow calls down, a hint of snobbery in her voice. Based on his appearance, she was so far out of his league it wasn't even funny. But then Arthur hadn't looked like much either, and he had turned out pretty cool.

She turns the page in her notebook to hide where she is brainstorming names, and starts doodling randomly instead.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

[City Walls]

"Yeah, I suppose it is."

The guy will start climbing the wall then, and will be up relatively shortly. It's also noteworthy that he's wearing a gray robe. Apparently he buys into the whole mage appearance thing.

If allowed, He'll take a seat not too far from Willow, though not close enough to be uncomfortable. "I'm Amlin, what's your name?"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

City Walls

"You climbed the wall? Really? You know there's steps to get up here, at any of the guard towers. And doing it in robes - geez, you could have broken your neck," Willow says, without answering his question.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

[City Walls]

"Eh, I've broken bones before," Amlin says, "You skipped out on my question, though. What's your name?" He smiles, apparently not worried for his safety in the least. Rather odd fellow, to be certain.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

City Walls

"Willow Warwick," she says, and turns to give the guy a scrutinizing look, now that he's closer. She wants to figure out how old he is, and whether he's got a fit body under those shabby robes. "If I ever break a bone, I hope I learn enough from the experience to avoid repeating it."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post

The Gloamings grumble a bit, but they listen. Grig transformations are hard to steal.

Harnel looks between Blue Harnel and Vivreka, then sighs, "Will you change me back if I give you a hug?"
    The grig gets a very cheerful smile on her face to go with her cute eyes.

"No."

...is she trying to make Harnel hurt her? Is she banking on whether he could bring himself to hurt her? Is she willing to die if the joke is good enough? Does she think she can survive Harnel trying to squish her?

"Okay, take four! What's your next attempt?"

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

[City Walls]

From what willow can tell, Amlin has a pretty slim physique. Despite this, he's not got noodly arms. All of his muscles are wiry but strong and good for endurance. He appears to be in his late teens to early twenties, thereabouts, "Well, , I didn't break a limb this time, right? That must mean I learned something about climbing walls and could avoid it this time." Application of the same idea, in a skewed direction.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

City Walls

"And what would you have learned if I'd pushed you off before you made it all the way up?" Willow asks.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-03-04 at 12:54 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnelle sighs. She didn't want to do this, but she will.

She place a single claw on the grig's collar bone, and will start to dig the point in. She's very careful not to go too deep, knowing that something so small would be fairly delicate. Harnelle doesn't want to permanently maim her, after all, but she begins bringing her claw down the front of Vivreka's body along the sternum, "Take four will stop once you change me back."

((All atempted, of course. The Grig may indeed get away or stop Harnelle Somehow.))

[City Walls]

"Then I would have learned you were an unsociable woman who I'm better off not dealing with, healing myself, and heading home. Good thing that's not the case, huh?"

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

City Walls

"Magic."
    Willow says, and her tone conveys all the disdain she feels for the entire concept. "It teaches you to be careless, obviously."

Mental note: Undo magic.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Park - Astrana and Cynthia]

"Great." Astrana replies with a smile and then proceeds to get down to quickly kiss the gloaming. She will do the same to the others and will then to proceed to leave the park with the orbs in tow, letting Cynthia carry a few of them.
    Cynthia will indeed carry them. As they move away from the gloaming, she asks curiously. "What did you do to them?"

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

[City Walls]

"It's just another type of science you know," Amlin counters, "You study the way certain materials, gestures, and actions influence the world around them, as well as the inherent lines of power etched into the world itself, and then you choose a way for those things to work and make actions to go along with that desire. An especially talented individual can even do that just by force of will."

"But it still boils down to science. I just choose to employ it my way."

Amlin has, of course, heard the name Warwick before, and he has made a guess as to who willow is. Thus, appealing to her nature maybe? He hopes this doesn't backfire.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-03-04 at 01:25 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

City Walls

Willow raises an eyebrow at Amlin. "Two words: Irreproducible results."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

[City Walls]

"Really," Amlin says, "So if I was to teach you a spell, are you saying you couldn't do it? I would have expected more from you."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

City Walls

"Oooh, subtle," Willow says, with a haughty eyeroll. "But why should I waste time trying to find out if I'm one of the talented individuals who can use magic, when I could spend the same amount of time doing something that will always work, reliably and consistently?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs