New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2d6 Torata - IC

1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground

Post Re: 2d6 Torata - IC

Tarrin, Valerium, and Dragomir are sitting in a tavern when suddenly two burly dwarves come flying through the rickety wall, sending splinters flying in all directions. As the dust clears, A massive human and a muscular Troll can be seen through the newly-formed hole. Two other Dwarves are advancing, albeit cautiously, on the brutes. The first two get up slowly and hobble out the back door, abandoning their companions.

What does everyone do?
    Last edited by joshuagager; 2012-03-30 at 09:04 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: 2d6 Torata - IC

Without any warning Mate jumps towards the dwarf with the sap stomping hard on his face.

Athletics:(2d6)[5] +1 (Athletics) + I dunno what stat Agility?

Stomp (Unarmed attack):(2d6+7)[14]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I will take the wand and follow the rest of the group.

When i see Mate making a move for one of the dwarfs I immediatly attack an other dwarf.

(2d6+5)[13]

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Well, I'll be! Flying dwarves!" Valerium laughs with a clap. "Well brothers, what do you suggest we do?" he asks of his orcish companions. His eyes skim about the bar looking for something to throw, preferably either sharp or hard.

Notice: (2d6)[7] +2(PER) +1(Notice)

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #125

Without any warning Mate jumps towards the dwarf with the sap stomping hard on his face.
    Don't worry about the athletics check, an attack roll is fine. Mate flies through the air and...

Dwarf defense: (2d6+5)[12]

...plants his foot firmly in the Dwarf's face for a wound. The Dwarf reels backward, blood pouring from his broken nose.

When i see Mate making a move for one of the dwarfs I immediatly attack an other dwarf.
    Quercus lashes out savagely at the second Dwarf...

Other Dwarf defense: (2d6+4)[13]

...but this one just manages to throw his guard up in time, and barely deflects the vicious blow.

"Well, I'll be! Flying dwarves!" Valerium laughs with a clap. "Well brothers, what do you suggest we do?" he asks of his orcish companions. His eyes skim about the bar looking for something to throw, preferably either sharp or hard.
    There are several glass bottles partially filled with hard alcohol. All eyes in the bar are on the fight outside, so you can take it without anyone noticing if you wish. There are also glass beer mugs, as well as a few solid-looking ceramic plates and a pewter wine goblet.
    Last edited by joshuagager; 2012-03-30 at 02:52 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126

Tarrin makes a notice check: (2d6+4)[11]

7. - Top - End - #127

Tarrin , seeing the scars on your heads, assumes you are escaping slaves as well and decides to help you (he can't see Rugor/Marwick or Pyotr from his angle.

picking up one of the bottles, he runs over to the unwounded Dwarf and swings in a broad arc...

Tarrin attack: (2d6+6)[15]
    Dwarf defense: (2d6+4)[9]

...which connects with the back of the Dwarf's head. The bottle shatters and the Dwarf slumps to the ground unconscious. His friend looks at your group, and then back at the unconscious Dwarf and runs as fast as he can in the other direction.

"You're escaping aren't you?" says Tarrin to Mate and Quercus, "so are we...my companions are back in the bar. We should go together, there's safety in numbers."
    Last edited by joshuagager; 2012-03-30 at 03:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

" All right then... But we need to be fast "

Mate says while looking around at the commotion they just caused...

9. - Top - End - #129

"Valerium, Dragomir, you coming?" asks Tarrin.

10. - Top - End - #130

Assuming Valerium and Dragomir are indeed coming, you all proceed through the underbridge with caution, winding your way through the narrow streets. The ground has turned from cobbles to grey-brown mud beneath your feet, and soon the mud gives way to slush as you make your way down to the Straight of Thronsis.

The docks are abuzz in the twilight frost, and you can see all manner of vessels parked in the harbor. Large Elvish Tau ships tower over smaller merchant vessels from the southern colonies. A forest of masts and fluttering sails stretch to fill your vision.

Rogar/Marwick leads you down until you catch the smell of yesterday's fish coming from several of the ships.

After a few minutes, he turns and tells you to stop.

Alone, Rogar/Marwick approaches a coarse-looking man in his mid-30s. After a few moments of conversation and a coinpurse being exchanged, the man runs his hands through a greasy mane of grey hair and nods, beckoning to the ship.

Rogar/Marwick motions you forward.

Assuming you board the ship:

The ship is a relatively large, Dwarf-built vessel. Those of you who can read notice the name "Brunhild" scrawled in thick, bold letters on the side. A number of humans and Dwarves work together to ready the ship for departure. None you can see bear the mark of a slave. Rogar/Marwick takes you all aside and speaks to you.

"You will all ride in the cargo hold," he says in Marwick's voice, "as befits your station. If I hear so much as a whimper or a peep out of any one of you during this journey, I'll cut your tongue out myself. Pyotr, take them down to the hold."

"But I thought-" begins Grom.

Pyotr's hand connect with the boys mouth in a sharp slap. "You will not speak unless spoken to!" Pytor barks.

Stunned, Grom simply whimpers, his eyes watering.

Once in the hold, you may talk freely, and Pyotr apologizes for striking Grom.

"I had to do it boy,"
    he says, looking at Grom's jaw, "As long as we're on this ship, you're still slaves, and we have to treat you as such or the crew will get suspicious."

Pyotr leaves and the cargo hold is silent, save for the creaking of wood and sloshing of the tide. The hold is a large room that stinks of animals and mold, and is covered in a thick layer of grime. A number of crates are packed in, making the space cramped.

Go ahead an post what you'd like to do over the next few days, and I promise, action is coming soon : )

11. - Top - End - #131

(Whoops, Sorry I must have missed your last post some how.)

Valerium does indeed follow along. And when they reach the hold attempts to console the boy, Grom.

"So here sit the heroes,
    On a miserable, stinking ship,
    But tis a small price to pay
    to give the chain a slip."

Valerium recites quietly to raise the boys spirit, patting him on the head.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perform roll: (2d6)[11] + perform(2) + Charisma(5 (4+ 1 due to altered state))

He spends his week writing new bits of poetry, and relaxing, but remaining alert for the time to leave.

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Mate spends most of the trip holed up in a corner thinking to himself...

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    (Whoops, Sorry I must have missed your last post some how.)

Valerium does indeed follow along. And when they reach the hold attempts to console the boy, Grom.

"So here sit the heroes,
    On a miserable, stinking ship,
    But tis a small price to pay
    to give the chain a slip."

Valerium recites quietly to raise the boys spirit, patting him on the head.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perform roll: [roll0] + perform(2) + Charisma(5 (4+ 1 due to altered state))

He spends his week writing new bits of poetry, and relaxing, but remaining alert for the time to leave.
    Your singing calms the boy's tears. He and a young girl (Bess) huddle up next to you.

"Thank you," he says, wiping his eyes, "you're nice."
    Last edited by joshuagager; 2012-04-06 at 10:25 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134

Valerium puts his arm on the boys shoulder. "I do try my best, lad. My name is Valerium. What's your name? And yours, lovely miss?"

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #135

"I'm Grom," says the boy.

"And I'm Bess," says the girl, "I used to do Mr. Bryggs' dirties, but now I'm free."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by joshuagager View Post
    "I'm Grom," says the boy.

"And I'm Bess," says the girl, "I used to do Mr. Bryggs' dirties, but now I'm free."
    "Hahahaha"

Mate's laugh erupts from the corner.

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Misaat View Post
    "Hahahaha"

Mate's laugh erupts from the corner.
    Bess turns and sticks her tongue out at Mate, but then she smiles.
    Last edited by joshuagager; 2012-04-08 at 11:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138

"Well dear, these beautiful hands will never have to touch wash water again." Valerium says, ever the charmer. Giving a playfully cross look at Mate, "Laughter is food for the soul, but eat a little more quietly, brother. I enjoy my tongue where it is, thank you."

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Mate suddenly turns serious as he looks at them.

" Will you enjoy it as much when slavers cut it off?"

He says with a grin as he gets up.

" Listen we escaped from them... But we are not "free" yet. People will be looking for us. It would be better if we watch our backs. Escaping was the easy part. Staying "Free" will be a different thing all together "

Then he moves towards the door leading out of the cargo hold and puts his ear against it...

Spoiler
    Show
    Notice to hear if they are saying something on the other side

Notice:(2d6+3)[12]

20. - Top - End - #140

Mate hears two sailors talking just outside the door. As he leans his ear to the wood he can also smell tobacco smoke and body odor.

Sailor 1: "...think this Dwarf is doing with all these slaves?"

Sailor 2: "I dunno and I don't care. The sooner we make for the south, the better. These northern winters freeze me to the bone."

Sailor 1: "I bet he's gonna try to sell em down south for a profit. S'what I would do. If'n I had the coin I mean."

Sailor 2: "You're all talk though aren'cha? You've been sayin' that for well on ten years now Grumman, and look at ya; still scrubbin the planks o' the Brunhild."

Grumman: "Ah, shut up and smoke yer pipe Laniman."

There is a shifting and a soft thump, as of flesh hitting flesh.

Laniman: *cough* *cough* May shifters take yer teeth, Grumman.

Footsteps creak and then trail off as the two men walk away.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I look around for a while, i try to see what's in the crates. When i'm done looking around i will talk with the new orc who recently joined our group. I will talk with him about how i miss the forests and the time and space to run around for long distances.

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by Sewerrat View Post
    I look around for a while, i try to see what's in the crates.
    The crates are nailed shut, and you'd have to risk making a noise if you still want to open them. They are labeled, but you're illiterate.

23. - Top - End - #143

Over the course of the next week, you receive nothing to eat but ships biscuits and watered-down mushroom wine. You can occasionally hear snippets of conversation beyond the door of the hold, and one of the sailors - a stout Hob named Mjotir occasionally slips you some salted fish and asks for news about Thronsis.

He tells you that this ship came from the Elvish city of Pyoti far to the south, and that before he signed on there he had come downriver with a small raft transporting saffron from Oos Nehir. He seems very smart and speaks well. He also says that most of the crates down here are filled with dried mushrooms and salted cave trout, to be sold at the Market down in Pyoti.

After a few more days you can hear the pattering of rain on the sides of the ship, and the bobbing and swaying motions that have nauseated some of you for the last week are beginning to increase. suddenly, you all hear a loud scraping sound, then a crunch. Water begins to seep in under the door to the hold at an alarming rate. Through small cracks in the deck you can see lighting flash, as water begins to leak in more quickly.

What do you do?

24. - Top - End - #144

"Ooooh dear." Valerium says trying to open the door. "Sisters and brothers, 'less we all fancy a swim, I do believe our ferry in this fine vessel is up! How's about we make for the life boats?" If it opens, he tales a tiny peak out the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Notice: (2d6+1)[12] + 2(per)

My Characters

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

" Assuming the people up there haven't taken them already! "

Mate agrees while looking around to see if there is something he could stick in the ship's hole to buy them some time...

26. - Top - End - #146

The door is locked from the outside, and is made of relatively heavy oak planks. The hinges are on the inside, and there is a 1/2 inch gap under the door where the water is coming in.

You don't see any hole, the water seems to be coming in from the cracks in the deck and the torrent rushing in under the door.

Through a crack in the door you can see figures of sailors rushing up and down the ladder that connects the deck to the lower hallway.

27. - Top - End - #147

"My, my, seems they have no intention of wasting lifeboat space on slaves. I don't think a single persons coming to our rescue. Maybe the good Mjotor will come to our aid, but best not press luck, eh?" Nervous cracks are beginning to form on Valerium's smiling facade. "What say our strongmen take the door while the rest of us search for a prybar or back passage? No wasted time now!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Search for a prybar or decent equivalent:
    (2d6)[11] + 2(Per)

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

" Let me see what i can do... "

Mate says as he stands in front of the door. Then with a swift movement he spins on his foot and kicks it strongly with his heel.

Unarmed attack:(2d6+7)[13]

29. - Top - End - #149

Valerium's search for a crowbar yields nothing.

Mate kicks the door solidly, and for a moment it lurches up, the hinge pins rattling in their housings, but the door remains intact, and the water continues to flood in. It is now at ankle level.

The children begin to whimper.

30. - Top - End - #150

Thumbs down Re: 2d6 Torata - IC

No posting for 4 1/2 straight days, guys. If I don't get significant interest by tomorrow morning, I think I'm gonna have to scrap this game. Sorry to those who may still be interested.