New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default PTTA Inidgo Conference: Training Room and Stands

Hundreds of thousands of trainers and pokemon fans alike have gather en masse onto the Indigo Plateau. The sun is bright and shining over the series of arenas. 64 of the world’s top trainers have gathered inside the Central Conference Center (CCC).

You are all inside a crowded room with your fellow competitors, a small empty stage in front. There is small chit chat going on but most are staying silent, not wanting to reveal something by accident. After a short wait, a short man with brown hair gets up on the stage and addresses the crowd.
    “Hello, I am Bill. Some of you may know me as the creator of the Pokemon Storage System. For the next week, I am your Main MC. I will be the final judge on all rules calls. But that doesn’t mean we can’t be friends. I would give you words of inspiration but I don’t think any of you need that. You have all proven that you are worthy to be here by the very fact you are in this room at this very moment. So I guess I’ll tell you this. Good luck. Now let’s meet the other MCs.”

A tall and very buff man with messy black hair, and lacking a shirt walks onto the stage from one end. And an older gentleman in a white lab coat and graying hair walks on the other side and stand on either side of Bill. "These two will be the main announcers for matches. They will provide commentary and vital info of the arena and of your opponent. I suggest you listen to them.”

The older man steps forward and holds up a Kantonian Pokedex. Hello. I know a fair number of you, having giving you your first pokemon. For those who don’t know, I am Proffessor Oak, the resident Proffessor here at the Plateau. I would-”

"Shut yer yap Oak!” The buff man interrupts him. “All you listen! Don’t try no funny business unless you want to face me!” he flexes his muscles.

“Yes thank you Bruno. Like I was saying, I would like the conference to run smoothly.”

Oak proceeds to describe the rules of the tournament in great and boring detail. Bruno quickly falls asleep while standing and it seems Bill nodded off for a bit.

“ARE YOU DONE YET!?” Bruno roars, snapping any who had fallen asleep back awake. “Yes Bruno I’m finished. Shall we bring out their partners for round 1?” Bruno just nods and a line of Gym Leaders and other recognizable trainers fill in the stage. “You have all been randomly paired with a Gym Leader or other noteworthy trainer as a tag partner for round 1. They are not participating in the tournament but they will aid you in any way they can.” A list of the trainers and their partners shows up on the back wall and doors on all sides open up. “Now go meet your partner so you can figure out who you will be up against. And good luck to all.” Each trainer is ushered into individual rooms. There they meet their respective partners, a Nurse Joy and an Officer Jenny and a strange machine with 10 slots about the size of pokeballs. Both of the women great you kindly and instruct you to hand over the Pokemon you are using in the Tournament and your pokedex.

Official League Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm reposting these so they are easibly retrievable. These rules are the standard rules that all matches will follow. Some conditions and special stages may change these, but those will be described before the match starts.
    •All matches are 6 on 6 battles. The mons used need not be chosen beforehand, being able to call any of your 10 mon till you reach 6 mon used.
    •Switching is allowed, but forfeits the entire turn. No other Trainer Actions (including Free Actions), Moves or shifts from the returned or sent out mon. Jugglers using Quick Switch/+ do not forfeit their turn. If a mon faints, both trainers can return their mon and send out a new mon. They must do so simultaneously, so neither can gain an advantage by delaying their release (PM the GM your choice and I will post saying their choices, and the new init, afterwards the players may post).
    •No in-battle healing items allowed. No potions or their ilk. If such Items are provided by sponsors, they may be applied to either active or inactive mon, forfeiting their turn just like switching.
    •Mon sent out at the start of the battle must be at the opposite edges of the field. Any mons sent out after the beginning may be sent out anywhere on the field, on solid ground (not flying, burrowing, climbing, or swimming).
    •Mons may not shift more than 5m above the level of the field or burrowers and swimmers 5m below the level of the field.
    •Each trainer will only go through one battle per day. So feel free to blow all your daily use features. There is also free healing after every match, so Center moves are effectively Battle moves. They are still Center moves for the purpose of features.
    •Levitating and Flying types loose immunity to Ground moves while burrowing.
    •Ranged moves can target burrowers and swimmers normally, with no decrease in range. If the attack must pass through water or ground, it is treated as if it was difficult terrain, increasing the AC by 2. Melee attacks can be used in a similar fashion but only against targets that are only 1m below the surface. The GM will mention if an obstacle is actually blocking terrain, at which point no moves can go through it.
    General Meta Rules of Posting and Stuff:
    •Each match will be unique. I'll be using a variety of different arenas, hazards, and special match conditions. Some conditions, hazards, and arenas favor certain type and movements over others. I advise your team is varied.
    •When posting attacks, please describe special effects of the move, as well as its base AC and damage (not including features and stats). Any active Coats, combat stages, status afflictions and anything else that I or your opponent might need to know and would know. Also say where you move to on the map and how you moved there if you’re trying to avoid an obstacle or some such.
    •If you are not a Researcher, do not metagame type advantage. I have measures in place to avoid it, mainly giving no clues of what the mon is. Unlike normal, Dex only needs 1 round to identify a mon. First round the mon is out, it is scanned. Start of next round, it is identified. If a mon is returned and sent back out again, it doesn’t need to be re-identified.
    •The Tourny will be 64 trainers, single elimination. The first round wont have any PvP and will be tag battles and probably won’t kick out any PCs (the NPCs will be generally Lightweights). Eveyone will be paired up with a Gym Leader, who are not part of the tournament. Each tag battler gets to use 3 mon, for 6 total for a team. Round 2, Round 3, semi-finals, finals and 3rd place mini-bracket won't have any special conditions announced ahead of time, though they might have a condition announced at the start of the round. The mechanics of the arena and the special match condition will be described in spoiler when the match is announced. Some arena's will have hazards, whose mechanics will not be announced (though may be discovered with a successful Int check). Some hazards won’t be apparent, such as pitfalls, or thin ice, because it wouldn't be much of a hazard if it was known.
    •At the start of each match, I will roll (secretly) for the arena and any special conditions, if any. More complex arenas and more odd and complex special conditions will show up the later in the tourny we are.
    •The GM will post at the end of every turn, generally to sum up the round and to introduce any new conditions such as changes to init order. Please wait till this happens before posting for the start of the next turn.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can now post. Roll a 1d64 to see who your up against. Reroll if you roll the same as another PC or the opposite (1 and 64 are opposites. Basically if you were in March Madness reroll if you would go up against a PC for this round). You can start talking to your partner now as well as the Nurse and Officer. This thread is for all non-matches, mainly RP. You can post here as much or as little as you like, even just matching rolls if you like. Its kind of like the OOC in the IC. The arena threads will open once I determine and stat up the first matches. So probably Monday. Any and all posts for active match participents should go in the appropriate Arena thread.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA Inidgo Conference: Training Room and Stands

(1d64)[32]

Aidan hands over his Pokeballs and Pokedex, and turns towards his partner. "So, it looks like we're working together... Name's Aidan Lucerne. Nice to meet you." Extending his hand towards the man, he awaits Norman's response.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

(1d64)[31]
    Es places his stuff and looks around. Very nice place. Reminded him of other tournaments and such that he had been to. None this nice though. "They paired me with you, Elesa? Should be an interesting opening battle for us. Such a shame that I won't be able to work with you longer..." He gives a smile to the Unovan Gym Leader.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

(1d64)[4]
    Reroll if needed:(1d64)[7]

Emi adjusted her bonnet as she stood in the waiting room. So many people crammed into a single place was troublesome. She just wasn't used to it. "Ah." The girl smiled at Drayden as she saw him standing there. "Hello Sir, it has been a while since Opelucid City."

The darkly tanned girl shook her pink umbrella and tossed it lightly against the wall where it made a crashing metallic sound. Opening a similarly pink ruffled purse at her waist she put her pokedex and 10 pokeballs into the slots as she chatted with the Gym Leader she found herself paired with.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Alana Versa adjusted her key-rings, fiddling with the rape alarm. Just don't make eye contact, he might not notice you. That works for dinosaur pokemon and wrestlers, right? Why did they give me such a frightning guy.

She looks to her left, away from him. 'Uuummm....I'm Alana Versa. Nice to meet you. Please take good care of me. Eh, not that I need taken care of. Eh... uh.... just please dont hurt me.'

(1d64)[39]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d64)[17]
    Rerolls:
    (1d64)[30]
    (1d64)[25]
    (1d64)[64]
    (1d64)[11]
    (1d64)[50]

Steven walks in, grumbling about his back, handing the Pokeballs and his 'dex over with some reluctance. Last time he had given a Pokemon to a pretty girl, bad things had happened. Bad things.

When that is done Steven finds a secluded corner of the room, slowly dragging a chair over and sitting down with a groan of pain, his cane helping him out considerably. He pulls out his laptop, plops it down on the counter, and gets to work. Videos of previous Confrences, Gym Leader strategies, and who the hell all these people are. He even watches a few videos of his own to try to find what strategies had worked the best for him.

For nearly five minutes he works, completely ignoring Blue, before he speaks.

"Your film speaks for itself, doesn't it," he says, watching a particularly impressive battle. "Yes, I think you and I can work together quite well. Who did you bring to this, whipersnapper?"
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-05-20 at 05:39 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

For everyone: The Nurse places all your pokeballs in the machine which puts a special seal on each ball. The Jenny inserts your pokedex a handheld device and returns it to you with an ID and your trainer info scroll through. They both thank you and say your chosen mon are the only ones allowed in the tournament and to present your pokedex at the start of each match.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesEclipse View Post
    [roll0]

Aidan hands over his Pokeballs and Pokedex, and turns towards his partner. "So, it looks like we're working together... Name's Aidan Lucerne. Nice to meet you." Extending his hand towards the man, he awaits Norman's response.
    Norman looks at your outstetched hand with a raised eyebrow. "I've reviewed your file. You seem competent enough. Tell me, do you want to win?"

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    [roll0]
    Es places his stuff and looks around. Very nice place. Reminded him of other tournaments and such that he had been to. None this nice though. "They paired me with you, Elesa? Should be an interesting opening battle for us. Such a shame that I won't be able to work with you longer..." He gives a smile to the Unovan Gym Leader.
    Elesa eyes narrow and stares at you for a moment. "Interesting maybe. Though continued 'working' with you is left to be determined. Will you be able to keep me up with me is the real question."

Quote Originally Posted by Haika View Post
    [roll0]
    Reroll if needed:[roll1]

Emi adjusted her bonnet as she stood in the waiting room. So many people crammed into a single place was troublesome. She just wasn't used to it. "Ah." The girl smiled at Drayden as she saw him standing there. "Hello Sir, it has been a while since Opelucid City."

The darkly tanned girl shook her pink umbrella and tossed it lightly against the wall where it made a crashing metallic sound. Opening a similarly pink ruffled purse at her waist she put her pokedex and 10 pokeballs into the slots as she chatted with the Gym Leader she found herself paired with.
    Drayden begins chuckling. "You defeated Iris, a Dragon Trainer in training. Not a master like my self. If we had fought you wouldn't be standing here know. But that is in the past. Are you ready for your first match?"

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Alana Versa adjusted her key-rings, fiddling with the rape alarm. Just don't make eye contact, he might not notice you. That works for dinosaur pokemon and wrestlers, right? Why did they give me such a frightning guy.

She looks to her left, away from him. 'Uuummm....I'm Alana Versa. Nice to meet you. Please take good care of me. Eh, not that I need taken care of. Eh... uh.... just please dont hurt me.'

[roll0]
    Wake laughs loudly, his belly jiggling with each HA. "Oh girlie, what are you scared of! You made it this far whats left to fear! ME?!" He continues laughing heartily.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Rerolls:
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Steven walks in, grumbling about his back, handing the Pokeballs and his 'dex over with some reluctance. Last time he had given a Pokemon to a pretty girl, bad things had happened. Bad things.

When that is done Steven finds a secluded corner of the room, slowly dragging a chair over and sitting down with a groan of pain, his cane helping him out considerably. He pulls out his laptop, plops it down on the counter, and gets to work. Videos of previous Confrences, Gym Leader strategies, and who the hell all these people are. He even watches a few videos of his own to try to find what strategies had worked the best for him.

For nearly five minutes he works, completely ignoring Blue, before he speaks.

"Your film speaks for itself, doesn't it," he says, watching a particularly impressive battle. "Yes, I think you and I can work together quite well. Who did you bring to this, whipersnapper?"
    Blue scowls at you. "Well you've seen how powerful I am and I've seen how powerful you are. I've brought some of my strongest Pokemon with me. You should be familiar with my Arcranine?"
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

"Your Arcanine?" he says, watching said beast wreath itself in flames and nearly kill a Golem on his laptop. "Yes, I am familiar with it," he says, completely ignoring the scowl.

"Look, here's the game plan. Lead with your Arcanine, and just follow my lead. Can you do that youngster?" he says, flashing the Gym Leader a toothy grin.

Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Norman looks at your outstetched hand with a raised eyebrow. "I've reviewed your file. You seem competent enough. Tell me, do you want to win?"
    Scowling slightly, Aidan lowers his hand, and answers, "If I didn't want to win, I wouldn't be standing here in the first place. Trust me, I don't intend to lose here. That said, what exactly do you specialize in? You already seem to have some idea of my own skills, and I probably should learn a bit about yours before we get into the arena."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

'RAPE!!!!!!' screamed Alana, running away from the scary man. She pulled her alarm, filling the room with a massive screeching sound. After 5 or so steps, she catches her foot, and falls face first on the ground.

'Owwie!'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Emi waves a hand dismissively, "I would have eagerly fought you. Iris didn't exactly give off the prime example of a mature trainer throwing that fit and blathering on about me being a child when I beat her. She really was acting like a child herself."

She takes the pokeballs and dex back from the nurse and officer with a smile and a thank you. "And besides, the pokemon I had back then were weak compared to the ones I have now."

The young desert girl pauses holding one of her pokeballs, "I don't suppose you are still in the business of teaching Draco Meteor?" Emilia gives her best puppy dog eye look with her amber eyes growing as large as she can make them. "Maybe after our first match if I manage to impress you?" The tiny girl inches forward eagerly and peers upward at the much taller(and older) man rattling off quick sentences before he barely has a chance to respond.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jachi gave a low moan as he sank into one of the chairs, eyes closed as his hip complained at the motion. He opened one eye to peer at the kunoichi he was paired with. "Janine was it? Don't think I faced you on the Kanto circuit all those years back... How's Koga?"

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d64[/roll]
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-05-20 at 06:52 PM.
    I can't let you hit that Micheal J. Fox.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Es smiles again. "I expect so, but first we should actually win. Somewhat silly to try to impress someone with words alone, especially if those words turn outgo be hollow later." He begins to discuss a basic strategy with Elesa. What mons they planned on using, who to lead with, weaknesses to cover, so forth.

Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d64)[28]
    Rerolls:
    (1d64)[48]
    (1d64)[10]
    (1d64)[38]
    (1d64)[20]
    (1d64)[28]
    (1d64)[12]
    (1d64)[57]
    (1d64)[49]

Jacob slowly wandered in, his black jacket flapping dramatically. He slowly passed over his Pokeballs and Pokedex, hoping he gets them back soon.
    The teen then turned to his Partner. Tiny canines were visible sticking out of his closed mouth.
    "Hey didn't we battle a few months ago.... Your one of the psychic sisters.. Tate or Kate... Sorry I'm not good with names..."
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

"Your Arcanine?" he says, watching said beast wreath itself in flames and nearly kill a Golem on his laptop. "Yes, I am familiar with it," he says, completely ignoring the scowl.

"Look, here's the game plan. Lead with your Arcanine, and just follow my lead. Can you do that youngster?" he says, flashing the Gym Leader a toothy grin.
    "Listen Gramps! I'm here to help you, not be your slave. You can either treat me with respect or not have a partner. See how long you last when its two on one."

He sits down and glares daggers at you for a few minutes of dead silence before speaking again.

"Since your such a brilliant strategist, you should probably want know what Pokemon I brought. I have my Arcanine, Machamp, Tyranitar, Gyarados, Alakazam, and Heracross. Make with that what you will."

Scowling slightly, Aidan lowers his hand, and answers, "If I didn't want to win, I wouldn't be standing here in the first place. Trust me, I don't intend to lose here. That said, what exactly do you specialize in? You already seem to have some idea of my own skills, and I probably should learn a bit about yours before we get into the arena."
    Norman nods his head dissaprovingly. "Everyone wants to win and don't intend to loose. The difference between a winner is convicition. Why you want to win, not just the simple desire to do so. It looks like I got my work cut out for me. So you know, I brought my Slaking, Blissey, Tauros, Kangaskhan, Beeheyem, and Braviary. Which do you think will compliment your team the best?"

'RAPE!!!!!!' screamed Alana, running away from the scary man. She pulled her alarm, filling the room with a massive screeching sound. After 5 or so steps, she catches her foot, and falls face first on the ground.

'Owwie!'
    Wake's laughter increasing in volume and frequency and theres is a sudden thud! as he falls over laughing. "Chickie, I ain't gonna rape ya. Why would I? I have a lovely wife. She'd be might mad if I tried. Get your tookus over here and we can plan strategy. I brought along my Floatzel, Gyarados, Ludicolo, Swampert, Gavuntula, and Magmortar."

Emi waves a hand dismissively, "I would have eagerly fought you. Iris didn't exactly give off the prime example of a mature trainer throwing that fit and blathering on about me being a child when I beat her. She really was acting like a child herself."

She takes the pokeballs and dex back from the nurse and officer with a smile and a thank you. "And besides, the pokemon I had back then were weak compared to the ones I have now."

The young desert girl pauses holding one of her pokeballs, "I don't suppose you are still in the business of teaching Draco Meteor?" Emilia gives her best puppy dog eye look with her amber eyes growing as large as she can make them. "Maybe after our first match if I manage to impress you?" The tiny girl inches forward eagerly and peers upward at the much taller(and older) man rattling off quick sentences before he barely has a chance to respond.
    Drayden's face flashes red for a moment. "You really should learn some respect for you elders young lady. And disrespect is one thing I will not tolerate. If you continue to treat me as such, I won't help you anymore than I absolutly have to. You may be familiar with some of my Pokemon but I brought along my Haxoruos, Hydregion, Kingdra, Flygon, Infernape, and Vanilluxe."

Quote Originally Posted by Darchias View Post
    Jachi gave a low moan as he sank into one of the chairs, eyes closed as his hip complained at the motion. He opened one eye to peer at the kunoichi he was paired with. "Janine was it? Don't think I faced you on the Kanto circuit all those years back... How's Koga?"

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    "My father is fine. He's taken a short vacation from battling, but he came out for the Confrence. I hope we don't have to face him." Janine bites her lip worried. "I brought along my Crobat, Drapion, Weezing, Muk, Honchkrow, and Beartic."

Es smiles again. "I expect so, but first we should actually win. Somewhat silly to try to impress someone with words alone, especially if those words turn outgo be hollow later." He begins to discuss a basic strategy with Elesa. What mons they planned on using, who to lead with, weaknesses to cover, so forth.
    Elesa responds somewhat shortly, giving basic info. She also tells you her current team is Elmoga, Zebstrika, Elektross, Electivire, Lapras, and Leavanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Rerolls:
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    [roll6]
    [roll7]
    [roll8]

Jacob slowly wandered in, his black jacket flapping dramatically. He slowly passed over his Pokeballs and Pokedex, hoping he gets them back soon.
    The teen then turned to his Partner. Tiny canines were visible sticking out of his closed mouth.
    "Hey didn't we battle a few months ago.... Your one of the psychic sisters.. Tate or Kate... Sorry I'm not good with names..."
    Tate looks at you for a moment, blinking. "I'm Tate and I'm a boy you dunderhead!" He stamps his foot defiantly. "I can't believe I got paired with you! I don't even know how you beat us back in Mossdeep! Grrr. If you must know about my team I've brought my Solrock, Slowking, Claydol, Bronzong, Gallade, and Houndoom."
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Alana begins to rock back and forth on the floor.

'Gyrados is not a giant evil penis. Gyrados is not a giant evil penis. Gyrados is not a giant evil penis. Gyrados is not a giant evil penis. Gyrados is not a giant evil penis.'

When she seems to calm down a little, she crawls along the ground and clutches the leg of Nurse Joy. She had no desire to go near Officer Jenny, that girl had handcuffs. She was probably into bondage and things.

Alana just cried into Nurse Joys skirt. 'He said he wants my tookus!!! I don't even know what that is!!!! Please don't make me go with the scary man!!!'

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Steven looks at the boy, astounded.

"Gramps!" he says indignantly, his voice rising in volume. "GRAMPS! Listen here, boy, when I was a kid there was such a thing as respecting your elders. Now you brought along a fairly good team that could complement my own. Now unless you want to lose, we'll need a plan, alright?" he says, pulling out a notebook.

"Now, if you're ready to shut up and listen, here's what we'll do," he says, pulling out his pen and labeling battlies, drawing diagrams.

"Now, if you lead with your Arcanine, I could send out......" he goes one, going over various strategem for the two of them for as long as Blue permits.

Show

18. - Top - End - #18

"Really? You look a lot like your sister. Wait or is she a boy as well? If so she should take out that bow. Then again it would make sense for her to have the bow so people can realise she is the girl....."

The foolish teen then paused, a smirk quickly appeared.
    "As for how I beat you. I made it up as I went along. "
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wisdom = 8 = Fail at conversation.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Emi deflates a bit in the face of the rebuttle, but mostly pays it no mind. She asks sadly, "So no draco meteor?" Then shrugs and brings a gloved finger to her lips as she goes over the named pokemon in her head. "Pretty well rounded, even an ice type. I'm sure your dragons LOVE that."
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jashi waved his hand, smiling genially. "Well, if we do face Koga, I'm glad we have someone on the team that knows his strategies. Now, I see four solid Poison types, one that is immune to Psychic and two immune to Ground, then one anti-Psychic and one anti-Ground. A solid team-comp. Lead with whoever you want, just tell me before hand and I'll work around it."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Norman nods his head dissaprovingly. "Everyone wants to win and don't intend to loose. The difference between a winner is convicition. Why you want to win, not just the simple desire to do so. It looks like I got my work cut out for me. So you know, I brought my Slaking, Blissey, Tauros, Kangaskhan, Beeheyem, and Braviary. Which do you think will compliment your team the best?"
    "Hmph... next time, consider asking the question you actually want the answer to. You asked if I wanted to win... and believe me, I do. As for why... well, I've got my reasons," Aidan answers, a cold look filling his eyes at the end. "You don't need to know, but trust me when I say that losing is not an option for me. As it is, I'm not entirely thrilled to be stuck putting my faith in you for this, rather than relying on my own Pokemon, but that's how this one's going. I'm going to trust that you are as competent as you seem - if that list of Pokemon is any indication, you specialize in Normal-types, which I know isn't easy. That said..."

Aiden trails off, thinking for a moment, as he considers the roster presented to him. Finally, he says, "To be honest, it depends on whether you want to play this more aggressively, or let me lead the attack and provide support. If you're planning on attacking, then Braviary, Tauros, and either Kangaskhan or Slaking would be best - Slaking's definitely stronger, but I've never been a fan of them myself. If you're looking to work from defense and support, then Blissey, Beheeyem and Braviary would probably the best ones to compliment my own team."

"As it is, I can't really give a definite guarantee without knowing far more about your own Pokemon, and your battling style. Still, you've seen my file, and how I operate, so you know that I can adapt well enough to anything. It also doesn't help that I don't know who our opponents are going to be for this first round... once I get that decided, we can put together more of a strategy."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm, maybe I came off wrong in my hello. Sorry about that. You probably get hundreds of idiots hitting on you. Probably many that are better at it too. Anyways, back to business. We have some good variety here. If you lead with your Leavanny and me with... Would have good coverage together... Of course Zebstrika would work well with... Want to avoid using..." He takes out a notebook and starts writing out possible courses of action for any contingency either of them could think of. Type advantages, disadvantages, misses, etc.

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daniel rushes in, running fast. He stops at the desk, then catches his breath for a few seconds. He reaches to his side and pulls up a small bag with Pokeballs in it. With his other, he grabs his Pokedex and presents it. "*pant*...I think..*pant*...I made it in time.." he says, still breathing heavily. He catches his breath shortly, then looks to see where his partner for the first round is.

Finding Morty slightly off from the main group, he approaches him. Huh. Thought you'd be older. Name's Daniel, and I guess we're together for the first round. Do you have any strategy notes to compare with me? Basic attack patterns and sequences, and so forth?"

Spoiler
    Show

Roll: (1d64)[52]
    Backups (in event of opposite):
    (1d64)[28]
    (1d64)[19]
    (1d64)[23]
    (1d64)[27]
    (1d64)[26]
    Last edited by GFawkes; 2012-05-21 at 12:39 AM.
    Awesome Gordon Freemane Avatar by Dirtytabs

ATTENTION: Finally returning (slowly) after a hiatus. I'd rather not talk about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Those who post with ponies become ponies themselves.
    And if you stare too long into Equestria, Equestria stares into you.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato and Aldurin
    Free action is infinite attacks a round isn't it?

You're right, it's too weak.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Savannah

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Alana begins to rock back and forth on the floor.

'Gyrados is not a giant evil penis. Gyrados is not a giant evil penis. Gyrados is not a giant evil penis. Gyrados is not a giant evil penis. Gyrados is not a giant evil penis.'

When she seems to calm down a little, she crawls along the ground and clutches the leg of Nurse Joy. She had no desire to go near Officer Jenny, that girl had handcuffs. She was probably into bondage and things.

Alana just cried into Nurse Joys skirt. 'He said he wants my tookus!!! I don't even know what that is!!!! Please don't make me go with the scary man!!!'
    Joy looks at you strangley. "Don't worry Alana. Wake is friendly. He would never hurt you. He can be a bit....boisterous at times but it just means he likes you. Ur, I mean, he likes you like a friend." She is obviously clueless on how to help the situation. Wake has adopted a very serious face. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. But we have to work together. May I?" He offers her his hand.

Steven looks at the boy, astounded.

"Gramps!" he says indignantly, his voice rising in volume. "GRAMPS! Listen here, boy, when I was a kid there was such a thing as respecting your elders. Now you brought along a fairly good team that could complement my own. Now unless you want to lose, we'll need a plan, alright?" he says, pulling out a notebook.

"Now, if you're ready to shut up and listen, here's what we'll do," he says, pulling out his pen and labeling battlies, drawing diagrams.

"Now, if you lead with your Arcanine, I could send out......" he goes one, going over various strategem for the two of them for as long as Blue permits.
    Blue humphs and plops down on a chair. "I was taught to respect those who respect me. I respect you, you are extremly competent. My grandfather told me about you. You beat him back in the day apperently. I didn't think that was possible. But then I saw your file. You know what your doing. A lot more than some of the hasbens that are here." Blue listens and nods, adding in opinions, but generally just listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    "Really? You look a lot like your sister. Wait or is she a boy as well? If so she should take out that bow. Then again it would make sense for her to have the bow so people can realise she is the girl....."

The foolish teen then paused, a smirk quickly appeared.
    "As for how I beat you. I made it up as I went along. "
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wisdom = 8 = Fail at conversation.
    "My sister, Liza, is indeed a girl. Now can we stop talking about your failings at basic gender identification and plan?"

Emi deflates a bit in the face of the rebuttle, but mostly pays it no mind. She asks sadly, "So no draco meteor?" Then shrugs and brings a gloved finger to her lips as she goes over the named pokemon in her head. "Pretty well rounded, even an ice type. I'm sure your dragons LOVE that."
    Drayden peers down at you dissaprovingly at the request for Draco Meteor. "They know his purpose. Dragons are weak against themselves and Ice types. So if we run into a Dragon type, I have a counter that isn't countered in turn."

Quote Originally Posted by Darchias View Post
    Jashi waved his hand, smiling genially. "Well, if we do face Koga, I'm glad we have someone on the team that knows his strategies. Now, I see four solid Poison types, one that is immune to Psychic and two immune to Ground, then one anti-Psychic and one anti-Ground. A solid team-comp. Lead with whoever you want, just tell me before hand and I'll work around it."
    "I'm here to assist you, not the other way around. I'll take your lead but I'm no slave either. Tell me who you think will be a good lead, and we will start there."

"Hmph... next time, consider asking the question you actually want the answer to. You asked if I wanted to win... and believe me, I do. As for why... well, I've got my reasons," Aidan answers, a cold look filling his eyes at the end. "You don't need to know, but trust me when I say that losing is not an option for me. As it is, I'm not entirely thrilled to be stuck putting my faith in you for this, rather than relying on my own Pokemon, but that's how this one's going. I'm going to trust that you are as competent as you seem - if that list of Pokemon is any indication, you specialize in Normal-types, which I know isn't easy. That said..."

Aiden trails off, thinking for a moment, as he considers the roster presented to him. Finally, he says, "To be honest, it depends on whether you want to play this more aggressively, or let me lead the attack and provide support. If you're planning on attacking, then Braviary, Tauros, and either Kangaskhan or Slaking would be best - Slaking's definitely stronger, but I've never been a fan of them myself. If you're looking to work from defense and support, then Blissey, Beheeyem and Braviary would probably the best ones to compliment my own team."

"As it is, I can't really give a definite guarantee without knowing far more about your own Pokemon, and your battling style. Still, you've seen my file, and how I operate, so you know that I can adapt well enough to anything. It also doesn't help that I don't know who our opponents are going to be for this first round... once I get that decided, we can put together more of a strategy."
    "You know I have a son about your age. Frilly little priss. But he has the conviction to do what he loves despite my displeasure and I respect him for it. You have convictions, I can tell. I apologize you must "rely" on me but trust me, I will not hold you back. I'm here to assist you, I'll work off your strategies."

"Hm, maybe I came off wrong in my hello. Sorry about that. You probably get hundreds of idiots hitting on you. Probably many that are better at it too. Anyways, back to business. We have some good variety here. If you lead with your Leavanny and me with... Would have good coverage together... Of course Zebstrika would work well with... Want to avoid using..." He takes out a notebook and starts writing out possible courses of action for any contingency either of them could think of. Type advantages, disadvantages, misses, etc.
    Elesa warms up a bit, realizing it was only light hearted flirting.

Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    Daniel rushes in, running fast. He stops at the desk, then catches his breath for a few seconds. He reaches to his side and pulls up a small bag with Pokeballs in it. With his other, he grabs his Pokedex and presents it. "*pant*...I think..*pant*...I made it in time.." he says, still breathing heavily. He catches his breath shortly, then looks to see where his partner for the first round is.

Finding Morty slightly off from the main group, he approaches him. Huh. Thought you'd be older. Name's Daniel, and I guess we're together for the first round. Do you have any strategy notes to compare with me? Basic attack patterns and sequences, and so forth?"

Spoiler
    Show

Roll: [roll0]
    Backups (in event of opposite):
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    Morty's gaze hovers somewhere on the ceiling for a moment before turning lazily to your general direction. "And you are but a babe yourself. What is one hatchling calling another?" Joy and Jenny look at Morty and you very strangely and take your 'dex and 'mon and return them. There is an awkward silence for a moment before Jenny interjects. "Uh, Morty. Shouldn't you be talking to your partner about strategies?"

"I suppose so. A good strategy will win against brute force every time. You wish to know of my team as well? I am carrying a Gengar, Misdreavus, Golurk, Chandelure, Lucario, and Bisharp."
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-05-21 at 01:16 AM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"So what do you tend to specialize in anyways, as far as battle style? Should have probably gone over that before even mentioning 'mons, but I'll manage. I tend to favor...and... Picked up a few tricks from...as well." He pulls out a marker to highlight preferable courses of action if the unexpected happens. Knowing preferences and battle styles ahead would make the battle go as smoothly as possible, and could factor into deciding the next course of action. Shouldn't ask her to have her Pokémon tank a bit if she prefered a quick and evaisive strategy.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-21 at 01:27 AM.

Show

26. - Top - End - #26

"... Sorry about that... Here is what I have (Proceedes to tell Tate my pokemon)....
    Okay so how about this, don't use Houndoom, as its talents are redundant while supplemented with my own. Use move typing to our advantage using guys like Solrock who can use types that aren't his own, like fire and stuff. This will cause them to be uncertain about what we are using at first, giving us a slight advantage. I think I should be offensive as my strategy specializes in it."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Alana reaches into her purse, pulls on a rubber glove, then puts her hand in Wakes fist. She closes her eyes, expecting him to crush it. When he doesn't, she tries to look at his feet, so she can avoid eye contact.

'Umm, I'm good with the weather. So we can either start off with a Sunny day and your Magmortar, or a Rain Dance and ..... well pretty much your whole team. And... umm.. please don't laugh at my pokemon. I know some people think I'm stupid for bringing them, but I still love them.' Tears seem to be in her eyes at this point. Acting normal was very hard for her.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jashi rubs his chin, idly cursing himself for shaving off his goatee. "Ok then, lead with Wheezing. We'll start off slow and defensive, hopefully he's packing some Haze to stop them from setting up on us. I'll start with Itsu here and we'll stack statuses." He shows his Pokedex, which had a picture of Itsu so Janine knew what he was using.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

"You know I have a son about your age. Frilly little priss. But he has the conviction to do what he loves despite my displeasure and I respect him for it. You have convictions, I can tell. I apologize you must "rely" on me but trust me, I will not hold you back. I'm here to assist you, I'll work off your strategies."
    Aidan looks at Norman for a moment, and says, "And I didn't mean anything against you... I just prefer to rely solely on my own skill, and the Pokemon that I've trained." Closing his eyes for a moment, Aidan continues, "'A man that seeks greatness must find his own path, and walk on his own two feet.' I was told that long ago, and got this far because of it. I'm sure you're capable... I'm just not really accustomed to working with anyone."

Shaking his head, he opens his eyes and looks back at Norman, saying, "Well, it doesn't matter. We do what we must, after all. As it is... I haven't had much of a chance yet to look into my competition, though I'll be doing so before too long - I want to see who I'm facing before I spend too much time researching. So for now, we should just see about putting together general tactics." With that, he begins discussing the tactics available with the various Pokemon combinations.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hmm, guess that makes sense. My team is pretty varied." Emi fiddles with the hem of her ruffled pink one-piece dress as she skips around the room. "Did you have a plan for the battle?" Swinging her brightly dyed-green hair braids around her, Emilita pokes her head out of the door, curiously listening to the muffled sound of an alarm of some sort nearby.
    Spoiler
    Show