New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXIX: There is no Pegasus Mafia!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I am, however, somewhat uncomfortable contacting her over the matter because I'm not actually a lawyer. If I'm wrong or unaware of some issue, it would be very terrible to provide advice.
    Also, and you probably know this, if you provide legal advice then you are liable if someone acts on that advice. Lawyers and doctors are really, really careful about providing casual advice to friends or acquaintances because they can get sued if something goes wrong.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Also, and you probably know this, if you provide legal advice then you are liable if someone acts on that advice. Lawyers and doctors are really, really careful about providing casual advice to friends or acquaintances because they can get sued if something goes wrong.
    I am aware of that fact, yes.

It's not completely decisive as I can be quite clear that I'm not a lawyer and anyone can suggest calling people up and asking permission, but it's more than a bit borderline.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #753

I am aware of that fact, yes.

It's not completely decisive as I can be quite clear that I'm not a lawyer and anyone can suggest calling people up and asking permission, but it's more than a bit borderline.
    Heh, I've done a few law courses as part of my Commerce degree. Being business law courses, they're not so much about how to apply the law as they are crash courses in how to not get sued.

The safest option is an anonymous email, but that's also the option the recipient is least likely to trust.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Mare in the Mirror chapter 17, I'm almost there....

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Already posted about it. She's trying to sell her movie so it's highly unlikely to be fair use. Not impossible, but she's engaging in an activity to raise money and isn't making a commentary or parody of the original works. She should just negotiate a customized license agreement. I'd bet that half the people she took clips from would just give her permission for free, and the other half would give permission for a discount since she's making a small documentary for a charitable cause.
    I am, however, somewhat uncomfortable contacting her over the matter because I'm not actually a lawyer. If I'm wrong or unaware of some issue, it would be very terrible to provide advice.
    Wish I could comment. Stupid system. And while highly dependent on context Fair Use covers more then simply parody and commentary. For example the reporting and scholarship portions of the doctrine since it is a documentary

And since it for charity work then it wouldn't fall into non-commercial realms from the get-go by definition.

However yeah the last bit... is why I wonder why this is even up. What exactly is umm expected from this you know? Is this an explicit cry for pro bono legal work or something? Just a little strangeness too it all. I just wanted an excuse to ham things up a bit.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Wish I could comment. Stupid system. And while highly dependent on context Fair Use covers more then simply parody and commentary. For example the reporting and scholarship portions of the doctrine since it is a documentary

And since it for charity work then it wouldn't fall into non-commercial realms from the get-go by definition.

However yeah the last bit... is why I wonder why this is even up. What exactly is umm expected from this you know? Is this an explicit cry for pro bono legal work or something? Just a little strangeness too it all. I just wanted an excuse to ham things up a bit.
    Maybe they're just hoping people will point her towards proper resources? I mean, there are already documents on the Internet, like this one, that directly address Ms. Keating-Rogers' issue.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

7. - Top - End - #757
    Firbolg in the Playground

So I turn on the TV and suddenly. "I'm Pinkie Pie. I'm on a train." For a while I thought ponies were selling old spice.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #758

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    So I turn on the TV and suddenly. "I'm Pinkie Pie. I'm on a train." For a while I thought ponies were selling old spice.
    The next old spice guy: Big Mac?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Turning to a new topic look everypony somebody made a custom pony of Pinkie's real mother:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also is almost makes me want to pull out my old sabers and have them ponified:
    Spoiler
    Show

Never cared for foil though.

Maybe they're just hoping people will point her towards proper resources? I mean, there are already documents on the Internet, like this one, that directly address Ms. Keating-Rogers' issue.
    Yes I find shockingly few people are aware of this stuff and how many misconceptions in general there are about copyright. I gotta suppress the urge to smack a foal every time I see an absolutely meaningless "legal disclaimer" in a description. Not saying that is the case here, but the things people cook up amaze me when they find them meaningful.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-03-13 at 08:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Mare in the Mirror chapter 17, I'm almost there....
    i JUST got done with "the faithful student". if theres much more tragedy, my heart may explode.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    The next old spice guy: Big Mac?
    Eyup.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Turning to a new topic look everypony somebody made a custom pony of Pinkie's real mother:
    Pinkie Pie having 8 legs is now officially headcannon.

I finally got to see The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, and I think the episode is out of spoiler territory, so my apologies if someone brought this up when it was, you know, relevant, but I feel it is implied that Flim and Flam are now underlings of Trixie.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Eyup.

Pinkie Pie having 8 legs is now officially headcannon.

I finally got to see The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, and I think the episode is out of spoiler territory, so my apologies if someone brought this up when it was, you know, relevant, but I feel it is implied that Flim and Flam are now underlings of Trixie.
    Nah, Slepp'ies the father. She just happens to get her personality from her grandmother. Stuff like that skips generations, you know.

Nah, perhapes in fanon, but not in the show proper.

Anyone else seeing a probable Team Rocket like dynamic between Trixie, The Flim-Flam Brothers, and Gilda?
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-13 at 08:25 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone else seeing a probable Team Rocket like dynamic between Trixie, The Flim-Flam Brothers, and Gilda?
    Careful incoming heresy.... I've almost zero desire to see any of these jerks again and even less to see them together.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

Lessee, Trixie is Giovanni, Flim and Flam are Jesse and James (reader's choice on respectively or irrespectively there), Trixie is also Meowth, and Gilda is Butch, Cassidy, and Raticate.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

15. - Top - End - #765

Trixie herself gets a pretty bad rap for being a good showpony with a couple of fanboys that ruined everything.

Gilda would need to apologize.

Flim & Flam already are team rocket.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

They just need some sort of talking mascot, and they'd be golden. Although now all I can think about is the two of them attempting to pick a mascot/pet from Fluttershy, and the resulting musical glory that would ensue.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

17. - Top - End - #767

Trixie herself gets a pretty bad rap for being a good showpony with a couple of fanboys that ruined everything.

Gilda would need to apologize.

They just need to make a mecha, and there all set. They already have a suction funnel, so there not that far off from the traditinal giant mecha they use. They already have the campy member to begin with, so there off to a good start.

Also, Trixie is Jessie. There is no other option. Giovanni is....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gummy!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    They just need some sort of talking mascot, and they'd be golden. Although now all I can think about is the two of them attempting to pick a mascot/pet from Fluttershy, and the resulting musical glory that would ensue.
    They decide to choose Fluttershy.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-13 at 08:51 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

What are you talking about, they just showed up with a giant machine, introduced themselves with a song, and ended up scheming to steal the- oh my gosh they are Team Rocket.
    ---

19. - Top - End - #769

What are you talking about, they just showed up with a giant machine, introduced themselves with a song, and ended up scheming to steal the- oh my gosh they are Team Rocket.
    So they're going to try to serially kidnap Applebloom now?

20. - Top - End - #770

So they're going to try to serially kidnap Applebloom now?
    Nah, there going to impress the boss by snagging that dragon from the annoying purple twerp. Jessies Trixies orders.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-13 at 08:58 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Nah, there going to impress the boss by snagging that dragon from the annoying purple twerp.
    Well, I was aiming for "Element of the plot that can be stolen this episode," but yeah, that works, too.

Pikapika!
    ---

22. - Top - End - #772

Well, I was aiming for "Element of the plot that can be stolen this episode," but yeah, that works, too.

Pikapika!
    Hurr hurr hurr. Plottheft. Like extreme panty theft.

23. - Top - End - #773

Hurr hurr hurr. Plottheft. Like extreme panty theft.
    Cue Rarity jokes about expanded (side)plots in three, two, one...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

I still here. I be busy doin' stuff (Stravyians + Mass Effect 3), but I still here and I still watchin'...

Pikapika!
    Huzzah?

25. - Top - End - #775
    Pixie in the Playground

So yeah been a while sine I have checked in here
    [Nova] No he didn't get us put in jail
    Not yet anyway
    Yeah so all's well here haven't had much time to do anything.
    Family has been carted to the hospital multiple times over the past week
    We have been too
    The situation with the haters has been mostly resolved so nopony needs to worry about them anymore
    Tel them about the.....
    Oh, yeah that a great story
    Ok, so I toke my blind bag Rainbow Dash to school the other day and one of the more outspoken (but not violent) brony haters went on a rant about how bronies are freaks and stuff
    He started gathering a crowd
    He was a loudmouth
    So, we walked up toke out the blind bag and shouted "Oh yeah, well I have a miniature Rainbow Dash in my pocket. Your argument is now invalid.
    As always his reaction was priceless
    I was a pretty successful plan to get him to shut up

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Since we're on the subject, I had been thinking about pony-themed pokemon teams.

Rarity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Purugly 'cause of Opal.
    Golem Tom.
    Leavanny 'cause it sews clothing.
    Sableye Jewels.
    Beautifly incident with the wings.
    Milotic the pokemon that (once) evolved by having a high beauty stat.

Pinkie Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Rapidash because Pinkie gets to have ponies on her team because it's funny.
    Keldeo because it's still funny.
    Krookodile Gummy
    Drifblim BALOONS
    Delibird the pokemon that gives out presents.
    Ambipom if only for Tickle.

Derpy
    Spoiler
    Show

Stunfisk trainers have nicknamed that pokemon "The Derpfish."
    Slowbro the other dopey guy.
    Pelipper gets associated with mailing letters in other games.
    Aron, level 1, because of the derpiest strategy in pokemon.
    Hippodown Because Aron needs a sandstorm buddy. He's not as derpy when he evolves, though.
    Arceus who is, uh, god.
    ---

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Since we're on the subject, I had been thinking about pony-themed pokemon teams.

Rarity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Purugly 'cause of Opal.
    Golem Tom.
    Leavanny 'cause it sews clothing.
    Sableye Jewels.
    Beautifly incident with the wings.
    Milotic the pokemon that (once) evolved by having a high beauty stat.

Pinkie Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Rapidash because Pinkie gets to have ponies on her team because it's funny.
    Keldeo because it's still funny.
    Krookodile Gummy
    Drifblim BALOONS
    Delibird the pokemon that gives out presents.
    Ambipom if only for Tickle.

Derpy
    Spoiler
    Show

Stunfisk trainers have nicknamed that pokemon "The Derpfish."
    Slowbro the other dopey guy.
    Pelipper gets associated with mailing letters in other games.
    Aron, level 1, because of the derpiest strategy in pokemon.
    Hippodown Because Aron needs a sandstorm buddy. He's not as derpy when he evolves, though.
    Arceus who is, uh, god.
    I just finished a Nuzlocke pokemon run. In my initial failed run, I had a Leavanny named Rarity. For the lulz.

For Twilight Sparkle: all Ubers because she's optimized everything through hours and hours of research.

Now for something more interesting:

Applejack

Spoiler
    Show

Tauros because she's a farm girl at heart. Plus them things can BUCK.
    Miltank for fresh milk.
    Stoutland because she needs a good cowdog.
    Mareep, left unevolved for the good zap-wool.
    Sandslash for digging holes when necessary, for posts and such.
    Blastoise 'cause it can water the trees BUT good.

Last edited by darthbobcat; 2012-03-13 at 10:06 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

28. - Top - End - #778

I eschew spoilers because we've got too many already.

Rainbow Dash:
    Ho-Oh: Rainbows!
    Aerodactyl: Speed!
    Charizard: Awesomeness!
    Grotle: TAAAAANK!
    Zapdos: Radicalness!
    Shiney Golbat: Yellow Striped Bat
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-03-13 at 10:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Fluttershy:
    Um... er... I can only have six? But they're all so adorable... I choose... I choose... um... oh dear. I can't do this.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

I eschew spoilers because we've got too many already.

Rainbow Dash:
    Ho-Oh: Rainbows!
    Aerodactyl: Speed!
    Charizard: Awesomeness!
    Grotle: TAAAAANK!
    Zapdos: Radicalness!
    Shiney Golbat: Yellow Striped Bat
    I'd comment on having three legendaries and another one-off mon... but that's exactly like Dash

On an amusing not I found this gif while watching Mythbusters:
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-03-13 at 10:54 PM.