New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXIX: There is no Pegasus Mafia!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I foresee a world where everyone's facebook accounts is connected to the cybernetics internet; just by looking at someone you can see their status, if they're looking for relationship or a conversation, or even if they just want to be left alone.

You could eat at a shopping mall and put up a digital sign saying 'Bored. Talk to me?' and thus silently invite passerby to sit down and have a conversation. Your cybernetics would also import contact lists, music tastes, friends - "Oh, you know Robert? I was in high school with him!". Filters could similarly be put up; members of a brony group for example would see other bronies clearly while keeping it hidden from others.

There are privacy issues, naturally, and having this kind of information freely available about everyone would redefine human social conduct. I also see it as the most logical and inevitable conclusion of the advances made in facial recognition/photography, portable computing, facebook and social media, and biotech advances.

I think it'd be fascinating. Privacy issues, identity theft, all problems as usual, but it seems the logical conclusion of the direction our technology is heading in.
    That would be kind of awesome, if only to see how this will be implemented, and the consequences. It's also a major part of the campaign setting in the tabletop game I mentioned earlier, which is just another reason for me to geek out.

Quote Originally Posted by Litewarior View Post
    Synopsis for Season 2 finale.

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe the comments accurately describe my reaction. Wat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...Huh. That would explain why his cutie mark is a sparkle with 3 stars. Does this mean that Twilight will become a noblewoman after the wedding?
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2012-03-06 at 09:13 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

... RE Season finale.

Spoiler
    Show
    Given their track record this season... I am highly highly highly HIGHLY highly skeptical. In my opinion, they didn't pull off their LAST two parter well. Sure, discord is a cool character, but all season, they've been trying to shove too much into too little time, and this is the sort of plot where there's a huge risk of it.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

We already have incredible access to information through the internet; I expect us to simply become less and less reliant on external technology to access that information.

EDIT: I'm not even saying this is ideal or desirable; my own thought is just that the impact would be fascinating. I'm just saying that this is probable given a basic extrapolation of existing technological tends.
    I'm aware. I'm just exceedingly uncomfortable with the logical conclusion of present-day tech.

<.< Oh look a distraction I ponified myself.

Spoiler
    Show

Wow, that didn't scale down well.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

I foresee a world where everyone's facebook accounts is connected to the cybernetics internet; just by looking at someone you can see their status, if they're looking for relationship or a conversation, or even if they just want to be left alone.

You could eat at a shopping mall and put up a digital sign saying 'Bored. Talk to me?' and thus silently invite passerby to sit down and have a conversation. Your cybernetics would also import contact lists, music tastes, friends - "Oh, you know Robert? I was in high school with him!". Filters could similarly be put up; members of a brony group for example would see other bronies clearly while keeping it hidden from others.

There are privacy issues, naturally, and having this kind of information freely available about everyone would redefine human social conduct. I also see it as the most logical and inevitable conclusion of the advances made in facial recognition/photography, portable computing, facebook and social media, and biotech advances.

I think it'd be fascinating. Privacy issues, identity theft, all problems as usual, but it seems the logical conclusion of the direction our technology is heading in.
    If I might promote a game somewhat related to this line of thinking?

dont take it personally, babe, it just aint your story Yes, that is exactly how it is spelled

It's a visual novel, but there's only one major branch point and the whole game probably takes 2-3 hours to get through, tops. I can't comfortably judge the value of the teenagers/sexuality plots (they seemed well done to me, at least), but the technological angle of the story offered me an incredible moment of pause at the ending.

And the requisite addition of pony:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2012-03-06 at 10:05 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    <.< Oh look a distraction I ponified myself.

Spoiler
    Show

Wow, that didn't scale down well.
    I'm not sure about the colour scheme, but there's real attitude there ^^

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Ooo, research material. I'll give this a spin once I have time!

And the requisite addition of pony:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This too. Best cutie mark story.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-03-06 at 10:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Huh. That would explain why his cutie mark is a sparkle with 3 stars. Does this mean that Twilight will become a noblewoman after the wedding?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty sure that Twilight is some sort of noble, even if it never realy crosses her mind. I mean, both her and her parents share the same astrological motifs as every other unicorn in Canterlot with some importance (besides Blueblood, but that's debatable about the whole "noble" thing) for there Cutie Marks, and the two of them where moderatly loaded to send there little filly to Celestia's private school.

Also, if her brother is so bloody high up that he can marry a Alicorn, than I can only assume that she has at least some sort of title back home. I would assume that the Princess would refrain from calling her "Grand Ducal Sparkle", or somesuch in public, or cares so little about it that she does not even bother with the whole topic. Both of them, I mean.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-06 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not sure about the colour scheme, but there's real attitude there ^^
    Yeah, I think the yellow is a bit off (a bit? more like a lot), especially on the eye. I'll see what I can do. More orange?

Also, the atom is Be2+. In case you were wondering.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

8. - Top - End - #188

Yeah, I think the yellow is a bit off (a bit? more like a lot), especially on the eye. I'll see what I can do. More orange?

Also, the atom is Be2+. In case you were wondering.
    I think the worry is more the deep, royal blue. It's a very difficult colour to work with and very few colours compliment it. Orange and yellow definitively do not. If you're using blue as your primary, good secondaries are white, purple, and silver. Trixie and Poky Pierce are two examples of good deep blue colour schemes.

If you use a more pale shade of blue, like Rainbow Dash, you've got more scope in what you can get away with. A lot of ponies have really pale primary colours for this reason. The shade of yellow/dark yellow you've got on the mane and tail would go better with orange or green; the colours adjacent to it on the colour wheel.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Nothing, I actually support Transhumanism whole heartedly, but from an individual standpoint it is pretty horrible, mostly in the "Trivialization of human identity" point and the possible Eugenics aspect of implementation. Also the inevitable moral and existential conflict that is likely to result from such implementation. Plus as with any end form of evolution I can't help but feel like it promotes stagnation. (Yes I subscribe to the idea that too much order is equally harmful as too much chaos.)

anyway, those thoughts are the end point of my train of thought. The usual beginning point is mostly triggered by the alien feeling of not quite belonging to a group. A feeling that I've actually felt quite strongly last time I went to Bronycon, and something I am strongly trying to fend off before the next Bronycon.
    I'm totally pro trans-humanism, and I'm not surprised to find that most people in a geeky forum would be too (no offense intended, fellow geeks ) I think, like every major social change, the older generation would be freaked out by cybernetic body or brain modifications. Then 40 years after it happens everyone who grew up with it will look back and laugh at laugh at the old folks who were so creeped out by something they grew up with and seems so natural to them.

As for the upgrades I'd want, they're pretty modest. I'd settle for perfect implant-assisted memory and some kind of wireless computer-interfacing HUD in my eye. I don't care if I can lift a car with one arm, as long as I can check what that text message I got says without having to walk all the way across the room to my phone.

Synopsis for Season 2 finale.

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe the comments accurately describe my reaction. Wat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OMGWTFBBQ?

They're certainly swinging for the fences, I'll be curious to see if they can pull it off. I'm going to go with cautious optimism, which is generally my go-to reaction to any future pony episode related news. But I definately think there's very little ground here between "phenomenal episode" and "total flop" in most bronies' reactions.

At least it'll give us lots to talk about over the summer!
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

10. - Top - End - #190

I think, like every major social change, the older generation would be freaked out by cybernetic body or brain modifications. Then 40 years after it happens everyone who grew up with it will look back and laugh at laugh at the old folks who were so creeped out by something they grew up with and seems so natural to them.
    My daughter ain't marrying no robot!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    words
    That was fascinating. Can you tell me more? Or at least point me somewhere where I can find more?

Things I'd like to know:
    What is this setting called?
    What game system do you use with it? (assuming it's tied to gaming)
    Who came up with it? You?
    What other races/nations/faction are there? (In as much detail as possible, like with the Cybertanks)
    The political relationships between the above groups
    The magic system of the universe and how it relates to and interacts with technology and technological development.
    Everything about your own character(s)
    Everything else.

dont take it personally, babe, it just aint your story
    That actually looks pretty interesting. I'll give it a try.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh no. This is either going to be totally awesome or horrible and show destroying. Probably horrible.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

I think the worry is more the deep, royal blue. It's a very difficult colour to work with and very few colours compliment it. Orange and yellow definitively do not. If you're using blue as your primary, good secondaries are white, purple, and silver. Trixie and Poky Pierce are two examples of good deep blue colour schemes.

If you use a more pale shade of blue, like Rainbow Dash, you've got more scope in what you can get away with. A lot of ponies have really pale primary colours for this reason. The shade of yellow/dark yellow you've got on the mane and tail would go better with orange or green; the colours adjacent to it on the colour wheel.
    I didn't like the mane color anyway, so I made it less... dismal and more vibrant. Two ponies in the spoiler, one with original coat color and one a little bit brighter (but not more pale):
    Spoiler
    Show

Ooookay, green eyes definitely don't work there... I'm going to have to keep messing around with this. I definitely want to keep the blue/yellow contrast, though.

EDIT: Lighter still. Mane color definitely doesn't fit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-03-06 at 11:04 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

13. - Top - End - #193

I'm OK with a nice boy robot, but if she tries to marry a girl robot, well, that's where I draw the line! No homorobosexual marriage!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty sure that Twilight is some sort of noble, even if it never realy crosses her mind. I mean, both her and her parents share the same astrological motifs as every other unicorn in Canterlot with some importance (besides Blueblood, but that's debatable about the whole "noble" thing) for there Cutie Marks, and the two of them where moderatly loaded to send there little filly to Celestia's private school.

Also, if her brother is so bloody high up that he can marry a Alicorn, than I can only assume that she has at least some sort of title back home. I would assume that the Princess would refrain from calling her "Grand Ducal Sparkle", or somesuch in public, or cares so little about it that she does not even bother with the whole topic. Both of them, I mean.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sure even if Twilight's family were dirt poor, she'd have scored some kind of royal scholarship after her performance on the entrance exam.

But I'm not sure I like the idea that Twilight is actually a Duchess or something and she just never mentioned it. She had no fancy dress for the gala before Rarity made one for her. Speaking of Rarity, since she knows how socially obsessed she is you'd think she would have mentioned it to her, or offered to introduce Rarity to some of her fellow upper-class ponies
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-03-06 at 10:59 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

14. - Top - End - #194

I didn't like the mane color anyway, so I made it less... dismal and more vibrant. Two ponies in the spoiler, one with original coat color and one a little bit brighter (but not more pale):
    Spoiler
    Show

Ooookay, green eyes definitely don't work there... I'm going to have to keep messing around with this. I definitely want to keep the blue/yellow contrast, though.
    The second one's better, but remember that you've got other colour options than primary/secondary. You can do primary blue, secondary white and the yellow as a tertiary or highlight; i.e. a yellow stripe, piece of clothing, or eye colour. And because deep blue is such a very tricky colour to blend I'd suggest making it not the primary in the first place. Brown/yellow/blue ribbons, for example, would make an excellent colour scheme.

I mean, right now the second one is passable/not hideous, but it's still not a good colour scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I'm OK with a nice boy robot, but if she tries to marry a girl robot, well, that's where I draw the line! No homorobosexual marriage!
    My robot daughter ain't marrying no disembodied energy matrix! Marriage is between beings with mass!

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sure even if Twilight's family were dirt poor, she'd have scored some kind of royal scholarship after her performance on the entrance exam.

But I'm not sure I like the idea that Twilight is actually a Duchess or something and she just never mentioned it. She had no fancy dress for the gala before Rarity made one for her. Speaking of Rarity, since she knows how socially obsessed she is you'd think she would have mentioned it to her, or offered to introduce Rarity to some of her fellow upper-class ponies
    Spoiler
    Show
    However, for her even having the chance to take the test means that she has some sort of fund to put her into such a place, or at least some sort of prep-thing. I mean, if she was going to go into what is presumably the best schooling in the country, there must be some plans for her anyhow. And besides, they live in Canterlot. There is no way that within such a bloody idealistic realm that the snobby star-butted unicorns living in the capital city have anything short of fantastic wealth. Even if you take into account the fact that she is the princesses student, you cannot help but notice that the others in her general circle of friends have.... jobs. That tree-house of hers is mostly her living space, because who can realy tell the differance between where that girl reads and studies and where her supposed income comes from?

And besides, its not like she would be the sort who would rub a title up others noses. Considering that she considers herself Celestias student more than anything else, and that she has likely lived in the castle for the majorty of her "teenaged" years, it's entirely possible that she barely thinks about it at all. She probably (falsly) thinks Rarity would care about her connection to the princess than a silly old title and a nice house, but oh, how wrong she is. Than again, it could be that her brother is generaly taking care of the whole "royal title" responsibilities and stuff, but that opens a whole new, freshly opened, can of worms...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The brother's name makes me think he's in the military. Military service is a GREAT tool for social advancement. No need for Twilight to be nobility.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2012-03-06 at 11:30 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

17. - Top - End - #197

My robot daughter ain't marrying no disembodied energy matrix! Marriage is between beings with mass!
    You better have mass if you're tapping that... plot.

Spoiler
    Show
    However, for her even having the chance to take the test means that she has some sort of fund to put her into such a place, or at least some sort of prep-thing. I mean, if she was going to go into what is presumably the best schooling in the country, there must be some plans for her anyhow. And besides, they live in Canterlot. There is no way that within such a bloody idealistic realm that the snobby star-butted unicorns living in the capital city have anything short of fantastic wealth. Even if you take into account the fact that she is the princesses student, you cannot help but notice that the others in her general circle of friends have.... jobs. That tree-house of hers is mostly her living space, because who can realy tell the differance between where that girl reads and studies and where her supposed income comes from?

And besides, its not like she would be the sort who would rub a title up others noses. Considering that she considers herself Celestias student more than anything else, and that she has likely lived in the castle for the majorty of her "teenaged" years, it's entirely possible that she barely thinks about it at all. She probably (falsly) thinks Rarity would care about her connection to the princess than a silly old title and a nice house, but oh, how wrong she is. Than again, it could be that her brother is generaly taking care of the whole "royal title" responsibilities and stuff, but that opens a whole new, freshly opened, can of worms...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe. I've just never liked the "oh, we never mentioned it but our protagonist is secretly from a royal bloodline!" trope. I'd prefer to see Twilight's brother is some kind of knight/hero who won a princess' hoof in marriage through some quest or courageous deed. It's just a total ass pull if it's never been mentioned in the show itself.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Barbarian in the Playground

And I fell behind in the thread.

19. - Top - End - #199

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The brother's name makes me think he's in the military. Military service is a GREAT tool for social advancement. No need for Twilight to be nobility.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds as royal-guardish as Iron Will was, actualy. But I doubt they would actualy throw in a military pony as the brother of a main caste member, let alown into the show as a whole. The mane thing you have to think about is the fact her/there parents share the same sort of patterns seen only on rich Unicorns. Nearly every one at the Galla had one, for example. That little butt-mark is a sign of greatness!

And money, lots and lots of money.

EDIT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, it would be more like "Wait, I never told you guys that I was a noblemare? Realy, it's not a big deal." cue hyperventilating marshmellow, possibly accompanied by frothing of the mouth "Wait, Rarity, are you....okay?"

Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-06 at 11:43 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    And I fell behind in the thread.
    you and me both.
    so much pony fic @,@
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Been a little busy with something else today...
    Spoiler
    Show

...yeah, that. So the thread has produced numerous pages that I don't have time to catch up on, sorry. But I've spent some time on Ponibooru today too, and wanted to share a couple of pictures, so here, have some cute:

Spoiler
    Show

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

22. - Top - End - #202

Spoiler
    Show
    Even if you take into account the fact that she is the princesses student, you cannot help but notice that the others in her general circle of friends have.... jobs. That tree-house of hers is mostly her living space, because who can realy tell the differance between where that girl reads and studies and where her supposed income comes from?

Finale synopsis:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say that "personal student of Undying Sun Goddess Celestia" trumps whatever noble title she used to have. Particularly since Twilight spent all her formative years cloistered in her ivory tower rather than hobnobbing with the other nobles. Basically, she has no reason to flaunt her title because her title really is meaningless to her. Her only upper-class social connection is with the Princess, and she doesn't get any favors from her pedigree that she couldn't already get from the Princess.

That's assuming she even is from a noble family. It's entirely possible that Twilight's apprenticeship gave her family the social clout to get her brother married to a freaking alicorn. Celestia does strike me as the sort of Princess who'd enjoy upsetting the usual hierarchy by taking on a commoner as an apprentice. I'll have to re-watch that part of "Chronicles."
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

My disembodied energy matrix daughter ain't marrying no platonic ideal! Marriage is between beings with ontological provability!

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

I don't see your position gaining much... momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I agree with this. Twilight may be from Canterlot, but she's never acted in a way indicative of having nobility or connections. Moreover, her brother has been shown in armor and clearly is taking on the role of a the noble knight.

Also, since Twilight has already been knighted herself, perhaps the whole family should found a new knightly order? How about, harmonia contego?
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-03-06 at 11:54 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Mad Theory of the Day
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is exactly what Celestia planned when she sent her to ponyville. She is grooming Twilight to take over the running of Equestria.This is partly why she expanded the friendship letters to the other ponies. They are clearly Twilights closest allies, so if she's going to hand over the reins to the Kingdom, she's got to be sure of Twilights administration as well as her protoge herself.

Freed from her duty of ruling and protecting Equestria, she will take to the road as an enigmatic wanderer.
    Celestia: Basically I'm just gonna wander the earth.
    Luna: Whatcha mean walk the earth?
    Celestia: You know, like Kane from Kung Fu.
    Luna: So you decided to be a bum?

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    man, I am in a funk today....

As always when I am down, I inevitably start to contemplate the direction of humanity and fate of the universe and drawing to the conclusion of horrible and logical solution of Transhumanism and the equally horrible thought of cyclical universal existence as partially alluded to by this story.

Such heavy thoughts saps my will and happiness.

happy ponies serves as an escape. I don't ask for it much, if at all, but I think I need some more ponies and the magic of friendship in my life right now.
    *hugs lots*

This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Celestia: Hmm, perhapes more like the guy from Pulp Fiction. You know, the one with the briefcase.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207

My disembodied energy matrix daughter ain't marrying no platonic ideal! Marriage is between beings with ontological provability!
    My platonic ideal daughter ain't marrying no mortal man! Marriages are metaphors for the merging, conflict and propagation of ideas, not vectors for biological reproduction!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I don't see your position gaining much... momentum.
    *Rimshot*

Son, the real reason my daughters ain't marrying no robots is 'cause my daughters are crazy and more often than not have freaky lightning powers.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Son, the real reason my daughters ain't marrying no robots is 'cause my daughters are crazy and more often than not have freaky lightning powers.
    And suddenly this debate took an awesome new direction.

This is going to be a spinoff, right? Like, after season 3? Celestia finds some part of the world full of bad guys for her to beat up. Maybe she picks up a sidekick or two along the way (new apprentices?). The whole thing ends with her pacifying this lawless land, and then it turns out she was a one mare invasion force. Celestia claims this land full of guys not as tough as her in the name of Equestria. Roll credits.

Finale synopsis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something just occurred to me. Maybe this is just the psychology student in me, but I'm finding it hard to believe that a kid who grew up with at least an older sibling with would be so darned, if adorably, awkward. Eh, maybe he's Twilight's long lost brother or something. By the way, I'm finding it really tough not to make a Metal Gear Solid reference (BROOOOTHEEERRRR!!!).
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2012-03-07 at 01:35 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Finale synopsis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something just occurred to me. Maybe this is just the psychology student in me, but I'm finding it hard to believe that a kid who grew up with at least an older sibling with would be so darned, if adorably, awkward. Eh, maybe he's Twilight's long lost brother or something. By the way, I'm finding it really tough not to make a Metal Gear Solid reference (BROOOOTHEEERRRR!!!).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, we've never actually seen him in the show before, and he wasn't visible in any scenes with filly Twilight. She even had to go to the summer sun celebration all on her own that time when she first saw Celestia raise the sun.

My bet is that her brother is significantly older than her. The equivalent of a 10+ year age gap in human years, and therefore by the time she was old enough to really remember anything, he was already out of the house and off serving in the army or doing whatever it is that he does.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

30. - Top - End - #210
    Barbarian in the Playground

Virtual self?

Hello! I am Technus, Manipulator of machines, Lord of all gadgetry, Wizard of integrated circuitry!
    i read this in his voice...damn it.

----------------------------------------

*stumbles into thread*
    So once again i am several days without out sleep. Luckily this time im in a good mood.

Bleakbane, hows the study of the Jalkerions(?)....that pony like race. havent heard anything about them in a long time.

Heres a question for the masses. What would warfare look like in equestria? Would it be old fashioned medieval style of honor on the battle field? 2 armies meeting to engage, sending their commanders to negotiate before battle?

Or would it follow the WW1, WW2 urban fighting, trench warfare, artillery

Or prehaps the route of the league of legends, each faction selects champions to fight in an arena.

Possibly some elaborate game of magical horse?

Another topic: If we were to pit our OCs against each other in various comeptions, what would they be and how do you think it will all pan out?
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce