New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Incarnations of Immortality IC: GodsWar

Anduilas sat back as more Incarnations poured in. It really wasn't fair how they kept on popping in like that! Not only was their entrance not dramatic enough, that couldn't be healthy for their bodies! Anduilas couldn't even begin to understand what Time was talking about, but it was obvious that all of these people meant serious business.

Puffing up his chest, Anduilas proudly stepped forward. "I agree! We have to get to the bottom of this before any more trouble is caused! I know Thor will definitely enjoy using this excuse to beat my face in! I mean try of course!" Anduilas hastily added as he looked around for a bit. Thor was the thunder god of course, and you never this when he would give an...unpleasant gift!

Straightening up, he continued. "Where do we start anyway?"

2. - Top - End - #62

Zombie

"Pragmatic Loyalty,this is no chore. This is a crisis of epic level proportions. Meanin it falls to us to deal with it.
    I'm sure you'll learn eventually, seeing as this is your first, but being an Incarnation holds responsibility. You embody a concept and are one of the most lethal beings you can find.
    As Incarnations it's our job to protect the multiverse, to fuel their concepts and to beatdown the Gods themselves!
    Time can you send a prior version of yourself to the Underworld and hunt for clues? What did you find?"

Anon turns to Pellow, looking every inch the military general (the poker table is replaced by an interactive map of the Planes that poofed into existence when Anon touched the air where it now resides)
    "You are merely here because he wills it. May I remind you that he and the rest of us are Immortal and Incarnations. Our very presence here would leave you shaking in your boots if we weren't visibly holding back. You are nothing compared to his might, even if you are essentially his glorified secretary. His lack of knowledge, and action, will be remedied in the future.
    Time and I have seen things you will never witness, will see things you can't even comprehend. And you DARE insult us by muttering about preparing for WAR! I've headed more armies than you have soliers, slaughtered more people in both hot and cold blood that should a single drop from each corpse stain my hands then this entire PLANE would be drowning in a sea of blood.
    Begone back to your post Private Pelow.
    And don't mutter in a Meeting of Incarnations again. Even if it is missing some."

In Pellow's head he hears "I don't have anything against you, just you commited an error that I've seen kill a thousand Mortals, muttering about Incarnations in the presence of one is NOT a good idea."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Pellow snickered at Anon's insults, rolling his eyes.
    "Yes, sir," he said, giving a sarcastic salute.
    He walked away with a wave, finding his way down to the next-in-command in the main city below. Korug shrugged, having found nothing wrong with the way Anon or Pellow had behaved.
    "I have no problems with beating down the gods. It does help me in a small way, at least," Korug said. "Fine, I'll help. If anyone wants to stay alive, I suggest you lock wrists with me."

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone who locks wrists with Korug will have a Principle Pact placed on them.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Time shrugs, and locks wrists with Korug. "What did this do again? I can't really remember. Anyway, I've already searched for clues beforehand, when Hel and Hades were still there, but I haven't told you for a while yet. It's probably best to wait, all things considered. So what was your plan from there, Anon?"
    The winds picks up as you talk, and it starts to rain, the first few droplets landing on your heads. From far off, you hear the rumble of thunder.
    "Oh, and we might have someone else joining us soon. I've taken the liberty of inviting another major player in the coming...stuff." He looks annoyed that he can't find a better word.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65

Zombie

Pellow finds himself in the middle of the capsizing boat in the Underworld.
    Next to him is a note saying "Welcome to Time Out. See you in a day."

Note: Immunity Fear doesn't mean Immunity: Common Sense. Pissing off the oldest being in the universe is not a good idea. A day to Anon is a second, probably less. I was contemplating leaving him there for a year and expecting him to leave himself but he has no way of doing so.

"Well I've found out that Thor knows nothing, but Odin does. Odin seems to want to avoid telling Thor, or perhaps the rest of the Pantheon which shows that he is probably plotting something unwholesome or against Thor's morals.
    All I got from his Eye is that the deal he offered Luck here was for mutual benefit but I would still like a slightly longer interrogation.
    I'm not sure about the other Gods, especially Zeus. I never trusted him, what with he and his family's dealings with the Mortals. I mean, look at what he did to Hercules!
    Time, you'll either get that or will get it, you two are a bit too young.
    From here we have to scope out the table. We are operating under Fog Of War conditions and I don't like that. We have two, maybe three Plane-Capable Incarnates. I can't remember if Dream is or not.
    Pragmatic Loyalty I will Planeshift you to Hell with the Demon Lords. Any shifts in power or rising stars are to be named and reported to me.
    Luck go scout the Chaotic Planes. Try the Elves and the nature-based beings first. They won't deal with me ever since my stint at Nature Goddess.
    Time, I've found Crisis a good catchall term for when the Incarnates need to get involved. You already have your orders and your information but to prevent Paradox here it is anyway. Your job is the Inevitables and the Law-based creations. See if you can find the new Devotion, I haven't met him so I can't Divine his Location. I'm pretty sure he is on Mechanus or some other warforged-esque Plane.
    I'll wait here for the other being you invited and Dream. I'll also help organize the construction of this city. Pragmatic Loyalty here wants an Empire and wants it to be able to hold back Mortal-Level threats on it's own so he can lead the charge against other place personally. Pellow would do it but he's cooling off for a day. When I'm done I'll scout out the Gods
    Dismissed."

Anon gives a military-style salute and everyone feels pressure in the sir forcing them to do the same.

Sorry everyone

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Like I need your help to plane-shift," Korug scoffed, once Anon was finished. "I'll be back very soon."
    He vanished in a flash of red, appearing a very long way away. He laughed as demons scampered around, before striding over and grabbing a small one by the neck.
    "Impling, I would like to introduce myself. I am Korug, an Incarnation. This means that not only can I crush your neck between my two fingers, but that I need full access to every bit of knowledge you and your superiors can give me about recent developments down here. Do you understand me?"

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Maybe not, but Pellow still isn't very intimidated by the fact that he's surrounded by beings several times stronger than he.
    2. Um, I assumed you meant teleporting to the Abyss. Hell is where Devils are, the Abyss is where demons are. Also, I have the Planeswalker Epic Destiny, so Plane Shift is usable at-will for me as a spell-like ability.
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-03-20 at 07:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Ivory Marrow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Roger that! I'll be back before you know it." Time disappears in a flash of green light. Then reappears a few seconds later.
    "Well hello there! Long time no see, eh? Well, some interesting developments on Mechanus. It seems the Quaruts are in a frenzy about the duos vanishment. You know, the ones that are supposed to protect the Gods? Devotion has holed up in it's fortress, apparently fearing that whatever killed it's predecessor might be coming for it now. It's managing the Inevitables from there, however, sending them in a multiplane-wide search for the missing Gods. They are certainly numerous, but they lack subtlety and imagination so I'm not sure how effective they'll be. What news from this end?" He looks around questioningly.

The Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Imp(well, a Quasit really, if you know the differance) struggles feebly, it's eyes wide with fear. "Don't kill me! I'll bring you to the Prince! I don't know anything! Prince Graz'zt can help you, I'll bring you to him!" All around you, the other demons watch you with predatory eyes, as if trying to determine if it's worth attacking.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Good. Remember that if you even attempt to lead me into a trap, you will die," Korug said, smiling wickedly. He set the imp down, before glaring at the other demons in the area. "Nobody interferes with my business, and nobody gets hurt. If even one of you makes a hostile move, I don't want to be held responsible for the destruction of this entire plane. Now, lead the way, impling."

Spoiler
    Show
    No, Korug cannot tell the difference. I know the difference, though, as a player. I called it an imp on purpose, because Korug doesn't know that's a type of devil.
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-03-20 at 07:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

SwashbucklerGuy

Anduilas awkwardly saluted and locked wrists with Korug before they went off to do their own things. Even Time disappeared in a flash and came back talking about something.

"But....what are your names?" Anduilas asked quizzically. It probably didn't matter to these Incarnations but Anduilas was proud of his name. He took a lot of effort to make sure it was known! Incarnation of Luck was his title - his name is what's important.

"Ahh...I'll show them later," Anduilas sighed as he turned around. Turned he paused.

"Umm so about going to this Chaos Planes thing. Mind anyone bringing me along for the ride? I love this plane too much to....plane hop and visit other planes too much!" said weakly, feeling slightly embarrassed.

10. - Top - End - #70

Zombie

"I don't have a name. I did but it was lost a long time ago. I answer to pretty much anything, though Anon, Anon Mouse, Anon Yoderick Mouse or Anonymous are what I'm most usually known as.
    Korug is the brute and the Incarnate of Pragmatic Loyalty.
    Time is... Well Time. I never really called him much different."
    An old crone explained, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Suddenly they were in the Plane of Fire, one of the more Chaotic Planes.

"Welcome to Mordor. Homeplace of... well nothing really. I just came here cause it's relaxing. Don't you think?"

Anduilias realizes he is standing on the only non-lava section and the old crone is meditating, surrounded by a ring of pure fire.

"The elves are through this Gate."
    Anon waves her hand and a gate appears in front of Anduilas, leading to the homeplace of the elves.

Sorry everyone

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The demonling hops away, nervously running forward and then darting back to make sure you keep up. The other demons in the area follow at a safe distance, muttering to themselves. You are led through the bleak hellscape for several minutes, red dust billowing up with every step you take. You crest a ridge, and stretching out before you is a vast expanse, filled with demons. At the other side are six massive towers, made of glinting white ivory. They stands out like a beacon against the darkness around them, but as you approach you feel pure evil emanating from them.
    The demons in the plane below the towers are taskmasters, using the dead souls that reside there for labor. The souls work vast, complicated machinery, turning cranks and wheels as the demons egg them on with whips and fire. Deep crevasses filled with molten rock are scattered about the plane, and intense heat pours out of them. Truly a scene worthy of Hell's reputation.
    As you walk across the plane, the demons ignore you for the most part. The damned souls make no distinction between you and their masters, staying out of your way entirely. The taskmasters hiss at your party as it goes by, but leave it in peace. At last you arrive at the doors of the first tower. They are made of the same purest ivory as the rest of the towers, and they are carved with depictions of atrocities too horrible to dwell on. With a grinding noise, they swing open. You are expected.
    The doors open on a huge room, seemingly too big for the tower to contain. In the middle is a throne of black jet, connected to a pillar that runs all the way to the ceiling. Sitting on the throne is a tall, incredibly handsome man. His skin is shiny black, and his eyes shine with a greenish glow. He is half again as tall as any normal human, and he is dressed in regal finery fir for a king. Surrounding the throne are numerous female demons, from succubi to lamias. His throne is flanked by two mariliths, women from the waist up and monstrous snakes from the waist down. They bare their teeth at you, hissing viciously. The demon Prince gestures languidly at them, and they are instantly silenced.
    "Welcome to my home, Korug of the Deathchain. What brings an avatar of Betrayal to my humble abode?" His voice is smooth and sibilant, and he smiles lazily at you.

Ivory Marrow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time merely waits for everyone to return. He juggles oranges to keep himself amused.

The home of the Elves, if Anduilas chooses to go there:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You step through the portal, and a rush of cool air hits you, a relief after the heat of the fires. You are in a lush, wooded grove, with sunlight streaming down from a clear blue sky. All around you you hear the chirping of birds, and you see various animals of the forest looking at you in curiosity, showing no fear at your sudden appearance.
    "Greetings, traveler. You are welcome here." The voice comes from a tall elf dressed in sky blue robes, who approaches you from the trees. He bows lows, and beckons you to follow him.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Korug actually felt quite at home as they traversed the hellish landscape, due in part to his half-demon nature. He kept his chain wrapped around his arm as they walked towards the towers to show that he meant no harm, but was definitely armed.
    He looked at the throne room as they entered with a smile. He was all too familiar with the dangers even such elegant looking females posed, and decided to stay a decent distance from them as he listened to what he assumed to be Prince Graz'zt.
    "The Incarnation of Chaos told me I need to see about any disturbances in the Abyss. Power shifts, power vacuums, threats by other Lords, anything you can give me that would be of possible significance to the missing gods and the escaped dead. Who knows, maybe after that we can handle more private business regarding my own goals as an Incarnation."
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-03-20 at 11:55 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

SwashbucklerGuy

Anduilas had to steady himself at the rapid change in his surroundings. He was never a fan of planar travel; after all he was barely done exploring the Material Plane so why would he go anywhere else? That and it always made him feel....queasy. It wasn't anything debilitating but he tried avoiding it as much as possible.

As he stepped into the home of the Elves, Anduilas gave a sigh of relief. This plane isn't that bad after all, he thought as he looked at the serene beauty of it all. As the tall elf addressed him., Anduilas almost felt awkward with his size. Loosening his belt, he felt himself shrink back to a much more accommodating, but still intimidating, figure.

"Where are you bringing me?" Anduilas asked as he followed the elf. "I am on urgent business and there really isn't enough time left to just take a walk."

Anduilas becomes Large size, because Colossal might be too big here
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-03-21 at 01:51 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

The Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Graz'zt raises an eyebrow at you. "So you are a lackey of Chaos, doing whatever he bids? I thought better of you. But no matter. As to your queries, there is nothing here that is not already known. I'm interested in why you thought I would give you detailed information with nothing in it for me." He leans forward slightly. "Or is there something you can do for me? I can think of several things you could do that would benefit me greatly, in exchange for helping you and giving you information. An alliance between us could prove most beneficial to both sides." His expression is still the same lazy smile.

Arborea(The Elfhome):
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Time is indeed of the essence. I am bringing you before Lord Oberon, king of the elves." He does not seem perturbed by your rapid change in size. You are led through a winding path in the forest, with white lilies growing alongside it. You emerge into a clearing, the trees on all side forming a natural canopy above. There are many elves in the clearing, dressed in robes of different colours. In the center are two thrones that seems to have grown out of a living tree. Sitting in them are two elves, dressed in the same robes as the others but with a regal bearing that marks them as being rulers. King Oberon and Queen Titania, each one with a crown of silver upon their brow. Sunlight dapples the scene, and a warm breeze blows past you.
    "Welcome Anduilas, Lucky One, the Chosen of Destiny. Our oracles foretold your arrival. What can we do for you in these troubled times? It is the king who speaks, his voice ringing out like a silver bell through the clearing. The other elves are doing a good job at concealing their awe at you, but it is still visible.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I find it equally funny that you think that I am a lackey of Chaos," Korug said. "It may be hard for your kind to believe, but it is possible for even the Incarnation of Betrayal to have friends. You though... heh, you are not one of my friends. I have nothing to give you but your continued existence, and that is an offer that I highly recommend that you accept."

Spoiler
    Show
    If such a roll is actually necessary here, I have +70 to Intimidate.
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-03-21 at 06:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Zombie

Ares

A copy of Ares appears in front of the god.
    "Hi Chaos. How are you? Can you assume a different form, I don't particularly like being impersonated."

Sorry everyone

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Graz'zt narrows his eyes. "So that's how it's going to be, is it? Well, as I said before, there has been nothing of interest going on down here that is not already widely known. I know nothing about the Death-God's disappearance. If there are any specific questions you wish to ask, feel free. I will be all too happy to help you out." He takes a goblet from one of his servants, drinking deeply. The other demons look at you with a mixture of hatred and fear.

The base of Mount Olympus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You stand at the base of the mountain, close to the bridge that serves as a gateway between it and the other planes. It seems that Ares was on his way to said bridge, accompanied by Hermes, the Messenger God. Ares was in the process of issuing orders to his fellow God, seemingly a set of locations to go to. They both stop and gape at you. Hermes is the first to recover, and he looks at Ares with deep suspicion. Ares ignores him as he looks at his double, and his face twists in anger.
    "I don't know who you are, but you know not who you are dealing with. You are in the home of the Gods! And if you have such audacity as to impersonate me I will end your puny life!" He steps forward, unlimbering his spear and beginning to charge towards you. Hermes leaps in front of him faster than the eye can follow, spreading out his hands to stop the furious God.
    "Wait, Ares! I don't know who he is, or if he is in fact you! To bring combat to this immediately would be folly. Let us see if we can determine the origin of your double, if he is not in fact you."
    Ares spits at the ground in contempt, but breaks off his attack. Hermes turns toward you.
    "Now one of you must be the real Ares, and the other merely disguised as such. So it falls to me to determine who is who by asking a question that only Ares would know." He smiles, evidently enjoying the challenge. Ares glares sullenly at him.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"It's good to know that you will cooperate," Korug said, smiling. "Alright specific questions. Has anyone notable entered or left the Abyss recently? Have there been any major pushes in the Blood War against Hell recently, from either side? Do you know anything about the locations of other Incarnations, should they need to be contacted? Have any of your servants had interactions of any sort with notable figures recently?"
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

19. - Top - End - #79

Zombie

'Ares' smirks. "You're plan is foiled Chaos. What false locations were you giving?"

He turns to the Messenger. "Ask away Hermes. Let us settle once and for all wh the impostor is."

Sorry everyone

20. - Top - End - #80

Zombie

'Ares' smirks. "You're plan is foiled Chaos. What false locations were you giving?"

He turns to the Messenger. "Ask away Hermes. Let us settle once and for all wh the impostor is."

Sorry everyone

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Demon Prince smirks. "I do not know of anyone notable entering or leaving the Abyss recently, aside from your good self. The Blood War has taken a lull of late, as both sides are focusing on their own internal disputes for the time being. As for the Incarnations, you could hardly expect a mere Demon such as myself to know their locations. The only creature of power my servants are in contact with is me. Does that answer your questions?" He grins slyly, fully aware that he is being no help at all.

Olympus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hermes strokes his chin. "It seems to me that if I ask a question of the real Ares, the fake one will simply copy the answer. So I'll ask different questions to each of you in turn, to make absolutely sure."
    He turns first to the real Ares. "Tell me, who do you hate the most?"
    Ares snarls at him. "Athena, Goddess of whores. How long is this going to take?"
    Hermes shakes his head. "If you aren't the real Ares, that was not a wise thing to say." He turns to the other Ares. "You should know this, if you are truly Ares. How did your sister Athena come into being?"
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-03-22 at 02:20 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82

Zombie

"From my father's head where she arose already armed when I tried to cure his headache. The whore can't even get born right. Now send this Incarnation back into the Abyss where he cannot taint anyone with his lies. He assumed the form of you Hermes and sent me on a wild goose chase through his Fire plane!"
    Anon aimed his weapon at the real God, ready to attack if he charges.

Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #83

SwashbucklerGuy

As a former elf himself, Anduilas wanted to kneel down and bow in front great King and Queen. He smiled and took a deep breath as the fresh warm breeze blew over his face. Memories temporarily flood his vision, memories of him flying through the trees, tending to the flora of the mystical forests here.

Shaking his head, he ignored the sudden wave of nostalgia. Smiling, he gave a nod of acknowledgement Regardless of his past, he is an Incarnation now. He is Anduilas, the great hero, slayer of evil. And he will act that part.

"Thank you for accepting me into your great abode, King Oberon and Queen Titania. It is my honor to be in your magnificent court." Smiling, he saw how every elf was paying attention to each and every single one of his words. He enjoyed the attention, reveled in it.

"You must have already heard - the Gods of Death are gone and no one is sure who the culprit is or what their motives were. Do you know anyone suspicious that have been going through the planes lately? Or anything that seems out of place?"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I suspect you may be withholding information from me, Graz'zt. You should be glad that I don't particularly care about this mission, anyway," Korug said. "Therefore, I'm going to move on to business that interests both of us. I am going to war against the universe very, very soon. I am intending on hitting the lesser planes first, as my followers can use all the war experience they can get. Now, theoretically, if the armies of a world were already distracted by, say, a small army of demons pouring into their plane, it would be all to easy to flank them and conquer a plane. And the power even one extra plane could grant to a demon lord... the edge over his peers... It would be worth forging a deal with the conquerer, don't you agree?"
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-03-22 at 10:57 AM.
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Olympus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You fool, Hermes! Any mortal cleric would know the answers to these questions, and Chaos would certainly know them. Choose something that I alone would know!" Ares raises his voice, yelling at the hapless Messenger, who backs away hurriedly.
    "Very well, Ares. What is the last message we received from Brother Hades?"
    Ares curls his lip. "The burning man is rising. Get on with it."
    Hermes turns toward 'Ares'. "Where is the Ferryman currently?"

Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Graz'zt is suddenly very attentive. "An interesting proposition. However, if a single Incarnation goes to war, he will most likely be opposed by not only the Gods, but the other Incarnations. And anyone allied with you would be caught in the crossfire. Unless there is some way to avoid this, I think my best option would be to remain neutral." You can see that he is intrigued by the idea, however.

Arborea:
    Spoiler
    Show
    King Oberon nods gravely. "We are aware of the Death God's disappearance. This is greatly worrying to us. All dead souls must pass through Hades' domain before finding their way to their final resting place, and with him gone they have no way of moving on after death. Elves that should by all rights be here with us are doomed to wander the earth as ghosts or zombies. And those souls that are destroyed on the Material Plane simply vanish, with no afterlife. This must be stopped. If there is anything I can do to aid you, I will do so. We have but little information, but it is yours."
    He takes a breath, and Titania speaks. "There are few Gods who care to visit our realm except for Frey, God of Sunlight and the Elves. However, we have allies on many of the Planes. The plots and intricacies are as numerous as the leaves on trees, but there are a few that we have been watching that may interest you.
    "You know of Devotion, the clockwork Incarnation? Our agents have reported strange happenings on his Plane of Mechanus. He has retreated deep into his Fortress of Gears, and lets no one enter. He is building vast machines, Inevitables unlike any seen before. Their purpose is unknown to us, but we fear he is making an army. Whether this is related to the purging of Hades is a mystery.
    "We have also noticed a mortal cult that sprang up just days before the event. They worship a new God, one without a name. They say that he is coming, and all shall burn before his power. Many cults begin and end, and this would not be noteworthy except that they predicted the rising of the dead. They preached that a sign would come on that day, and the whole world would know the power of the nameless God. And the sign did come."

She shivers, although it is warm in the clearing. The other elves show little emotion, but there is a nervous tension in the air.
    "More than this, we do not know. If there is anything else we can do to help, you need but ask." Oberon inclines his head towards you.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86

Zombie

"With Hades, caught by the mysterious new God. The Burning Man. As for something that I alone would know."
    Chaos leans in and whispers about a poker game he had attended as another god a year ago where Hermes made out with Athena. Chaos and Area had attended, though Chaos' attendance was unknown
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-03-23 at 12:36 AM.

Sorry everyone

27. - Top - End - #87

SwashbucklerGuy

Anduilas took a deep breath. It was worse than he had originally thought. Although he seemed out of it all the time, he was an experienced adventurer and he had faced his own share of mortal enemies. In fact, he hated planar travel precisely because of his mortal enemies; all too often they would hide away on faraway planes and stage sneak attacks after scrying. Their tactics were completely dishonorable and wouldn't get them any fame anyway. He wondered why they had even bothered.

But he knew planar travel was his weakness - it was a main reason why he stayed around the Material Plane so often. This threat was was aligned perfectly against him and he knew that this time he would need allies.

"Mortal cults are only the start I'm afraid," Anduilas said gravely. "I know of their kind and they are only a distraction for the Gods. Whoever this 'burning god' is, he is using them to distract the God's attention while planning some much more nefarious. If my worse fears come true, soon all the planes will be embroiled in a war as the Gods and Incarnations start falling into war."

Taking a deep breath, he looked around him. The Elves were all nervous, he could feel it under their solemn faces. The sunlight, the trees, the warm fresh air that lifted around, brought back memories to him. Memories that he had long forgotten. "But I do not intend for that to happen. If war does break out, this plane will not be spared. The Elves will be targeted, possibly out of spite or design, but this plane will not be able to hold. But I have a plan," he said with a smile.

"I intend to lend my aid to you, King Oberon and Queen Titania when you may need it. I am fond of this plane and since Destiny has placed me in the spot to save it, I shall. But I need your allegiance and your aid for this upcoming conflict. Not only to protect this plane, but to go out and defeat our enemies. Right now what threatens the Material Plane threatens us all. Together we are more than a match for it. For now I need at least one of your best spellcasters to ensure I have to mobility to go wherever I please. Later on when war comes, I will personally lead your armies to victory."

"What say you King Oberon and Queen Titania? Will you accept this alliance and agree to aid me in ventures? I swear to have no ill intent upon you and your kind - after all this too once had been my home and I swear to protect it!"

Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    Just note that I have the feat Judge's Ear which allows me to automatically succeed Sense Motive checks to detect lies. Not that it matters here, but it will soon.
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-03-23 at 07:41 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Ah, you're a clever one, then," Korug noted. "Yes, I fully expect that I shall be opposed eventually. However, the other Incarnations are distracted with the escaped dead and missing gods, as are many good-aligned gods. The resistence threat is minimal at best. As for being caught in the crossfire... honestly, don't you think they would have already stormed the Abyss if they felt they could? Beings made of pure evil attract ire, but they fear you far too much to attack you."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Olympus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hermes' expression stiffens as you whisper in his ear. He steps back, a look of complete confusion crossing his face.
    "How...how did you know that? You...wait. You're not Ares! The Ferryman is in Olympus, as any true God would know. That means you must have disguised yourself..." His expression is quite entertaining to watch. However, Ares cuts short the fun.
    "There, that's settled. Now go from here, Chaos, or I will not be held accountable for my actions!" He begins slowly circling towards you. Hermes just seems glad that things are moving away from the party.

Arborea:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The King nods, a his face grim. "I thank you, Anduilas, for your loyalty to the elves. We shall help in whatever way we can, for this is everybody's war. I would accompany you myself, but I must remain here, in case we are targeted. I shall send my daughter, Iridia, as she is the most powerful spellcaster among our people. We will back you up with any mages we have, and if you come here after battle we shall heal you of all wounds."
    "I too thank you, and pledge our people to your aid. It is comforting to know that among all the Incarnations, at least one is on our side." Titania inclines her head towards you.
    King Oberon beckons with his hand, and an elven maiden dressed in golden robes steps forward from the others. She has a regal air about her, and it is obvious that this is Oberon's daughter.
    "I will take you wherever you wish to go. I have many spells that will allow you to travel between the Planes. I may be some small help if combat overtakes you, as well."
    Titania smiles sadly at you, and a cloud passes in front of the sun. The woods no longer seem quite so warm and bright, as if an early Autumn has descended upon them.
    "Do not fail us, Anduilas. The coming storm will be fierce, and many lives will be lost. Let them not be the lives of our people."

Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is easy to see that the idea has caught hold of Graz'zt's mind. His brow furrows as he thinks it through, and his demonic servants wait in anticipation of his decision.
    "If we start off small, making raids in various places so as to not draw attention, claiming one piece of the Planes at a time...while the others are distracted...It might work. If you were to destroy the other Lords, it would be a small matter to assume control of their armies. If the entire Abyss was united under one ruler...no one could stand before us. First Baator, and the the multiverse would fall. You would be our weapon of destruction, eliminating any threat too great for the army. Before anyone caught on, we would have too great a hold to be forced back!" An evil grin lights up his face, and he seems to twitch with excitement. "We could do it, Betrayal! But we must move fast. The other Demon Lords are the first and greatest obstacle to stand in my way, for if I had their armies I would be unstoppable. Will you destroy them for me? If you do, I am yours." He rubs his hands together in pure demonic glee.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"That will be easy to arrange, future Demon King," Korug assured, a wicked grin across his face. "I will need the aid of some of your demons. Three Balors should do fine. My strongest servant is on the Material Plane, and it is much easier to destroy one's company with powerful company of your own. This way, I can focus on the Demon Lord himself."