New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Incarnations of Immortality IC: GodsWar

The blades just kept turning and turning. Ripping through bone and flesh, a torrent of crimson that seemed to never stop. His white shirt stained red, it seemed impossible that Anduilas was still holding on. The beast roared as blades snapped and broke, and finally Primus emerged from the ruins. While his armor was discarded, he still looked so hideous and crippled. Yet there was Anduilas, in his crimson shirt, blood seemingly flowing like a river. He seemed awfully quiet, his eyes empty as he glared at his bounty revealed. Was he going to let go? Give up after reaching so far? Had Primus been the metal serpent that broke the hero's back (literally)?

And those blades kept turning and turning, trying to throw Anduilas off.

But suddenly Anduilas' head looked up, a wild grin on his face. "Just who the hell do you think I am!?!?" he laughed as he literally soared for Primus. His body moved impossibly fast, completely light despite his heavy wounds and scars. Wrapping one arm around Primus, he laughed.

"C'mon, I know you're in there," he said with a gleam in his eye. "Wake. Up. NOW!"

Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    Anduilas shoooould be dead but......

Knight's Challenge - Loyal Beyond Death kicks in. Yes why I do have that ability. It effectively extends my life for...63 rounds. Or 10 minutes and 18 seconds.

Anduilas will use a Miracle to try and restore Primus. I am not sure....but I hope raw display of Anduilas' manliness convinced Primus to wake up

And if that didn't work, just grapple and pin. At this point I'm not even going to roll. Just spend luck rerolls I guess?

2. - Top - End - #242

Zombie

Mechanus

'Hadrid' shimmers with speed, morphing into a cheerleader.
    "Kamina! No wait, Simon! wait, am I close?"
    she then pets Primus, cooing
    "You owe me another doggy if this one dies Anduilas I spent all of a minute training the poor wittle guy.
    Oh and Ivory Marrow is under attack by Poseidon and some other people. You may want to help them."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Ivory Marrow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Korug's chain smashes through one of the elementals, sundering its very core and dispersing it into a harmless pool of water. The one attacking Pellow roars angrily as he sucks its life force from it, and it begins to launch a counter attack.
    Then all of the elementals stop, as Chaos tries to exert control over them. The power of sheer anarchy wrestles with Poseidon's command over water, and for a moment it looks like they are simply going to tear apart. Then they move towards Anon, forming a protective circle around her. It seems that Chaos is better than Poseidon at his own game.

Or not. As soon as the elementals come under Anon's control, they begin to disperse, turning back into regular water. Within seconds, no trace of them remains. At least they've been beaten, though, even if Anon doesn't get some new pets.

"You dare challenge my power? Your puny wards cannot stop me, and your city will fall. You are fools for standing against the Gods!" Outside of the dome, you can see Poseidon, half transparent and standing over a hundred feet tall. A blue-skinned muscular man from the waist up, and a massive, whale-like fish from the waist down. He bears an enormous trident, which he points at the city.

"Thus does the power of the Gods erase the feeble workings of man." You hear a roaring sound from underneath you, and then the ground erupts into a column of white hot, scorching water.

It pounds against you with relentless force, tossing you about and searing your flesh. Parts of the water pummel at you, and is impossible to determine what is elemental and what is merely scalding liquid. Some of the water animates into a school of tiny, vicious elementals that cover Anon in a swarm, biting and rending his flesh. It is impossible to keep your feet, and you are swept to and fro with increasing vengeance.

As bad as all this is, it takes an even greater toll on the city. The recently repaired walls and towers are shattered anew, crumbling before the oceanic onslaught. Soldiers and civilians are picked up and smashed in an instant, their blood turning the water red. The roads are swept away, the very ground crumbling and buckling as yet more water surges up from beneath, turning the entire city into a whirlpool of churning death.

Then, a strange whirring sound appears over the battlefield. From out of the sky comes a bolt of living lightning, smashing into the center of the battlefield. Dream, a living Nightmare clenched in one fist, hovers over the watery field of destruction, stopping just high enough to avoid being drawn into it. A few tentacles snap up towards him from the water, trying to sieze hold of him, but the two of them are far too strong for such an attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Witness the fury of a God! For the first time in the campaign, on of your enemies is really cutting loose. And all without entering your wards.

Everyone takes (30d6)[100] Fire damage each round from the intense heat, as well as (30d6)[119] bludgeoning damage from the churning water. Is is completely impossible to keep a stable footing, and you are all tossed (2d100)[20] feet in a random direction, rounding up to the nearest five. It is effectively impossible to move, and even something with a swim speed must make a DC 95 Swim check to move one quarter of its speed as a full round action. Attempting to fly out of the water requires a DC 105 Strength check, and doing so inflicts another [/roll]30d6[/roll] damage on the flyer. Anyone without a fly or swim speed is unable to move of their own accord.

Spellcasting is naturally exceedingly difficult, and in addition to the concentration check required from the ongoing damage you must make another one, DC 115, due to being tossed around and buffeted.

Then, there are several elementals attacking. Two of them go for Korug, one for Pellow, one for Viserys, one for the ToS, and one for Anon. The others are busy smashing stuff up.

Korug:
    (1d20+57)[66], (1d20+57)[74], (1d20+57)[65], (1d20+57)[68]. Miss chance: (1d100)[8], (1d100)[16], (1d100)[38], (1d100)[62]
    Damage:
    (4d10+16)[44], (4d10+16)[35], (4d10+16)[26], (4d10+16)[50]

Pellow:
    (1d20+57)[70], (1d20+57)[59]
    Damage: (4d10+16)[38], (4d10+16)[45]

Viserys:
    (1d20+57)[63], (1d20+57)[58]
    Damage: (4d10+16)[45], (4d10+16)[39]
    Also, improved grab on these attacks. Grapples: (1d20+80)[82], (1d20+80)[88]

Anon:
    (1d20+57)[75], (1d20+57)[67]
    Damage: (4d10+16)[45], (4d10+16)[43]. Doesn't really matter with your miss chance, but hey. They can at least try.

Although what does matter is the elemental swarm that's attacking Anon. It ignores miss chance and automatically hits for (40d6)[146] damage, and raises all the DCs for movement and spellcasting by 40.

That's all for now, folks.

Mechanus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iridia looks at Anon askance, not sure what to make of her. Well, she doesn't appear to be hostile at least. Biting her lip, the Princess turns back to the fight between Luck and the Prime, which has taken a dramatic turn of events.

Primus pauses in its assault as Anduilas calls out to it. Thoughts that have been buried deep within it rise to the surface as he reaches out to it. Thoughts of heroism, and honor, and of loyalty to Mechanus. Thoughts brutally weeded out by Paranoia.

It shudders, its old mind trying to break through. Although Paranoia was exceptionally thorough in warping the Prime, the presence of a true hero reminds it of what it once was. Not some war machine, but a king of law, standing firm against all odds. Would Primus, first of the Inevitables, bow before the workings of Paranoia?

No! Not while it still has a mind to fight with. But the damage is too far gone. Mechanical implants driving it to kill, inhibiting its mind. It is impossible for Primus to return to his former state. In that case, better to die than to remain a puppet of annihilation.

Primus turns his once proud head to Anduilas and gives him a single nod, its eyes showing more emotion in that one instant than most people can convey with all the time in the world. Then, with a terrible scream, he attacks himself, the razor wires shredding the outer shell that Anduilas came so close to breaking earlier. The whirling blades counterattack, wrapping around the true body of Primus and tearing it apart bit by bit. The Inevitable writhes, the grinding of metal on metal filling the air as it rends itself asunder, gears and broken clockwork flying everywhere. It is over in seconds, the once great Primus now reduced to a cloud of broken pieces, slowly floating away through the air. The whole Plane shudders as its core is destroyed, and the life force of each Inevitable dims for a moment. The Prime, Lord of Inevitables, is finally dead.

Destruction and Time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blizzard appears over the temple, already gathering fire to turn it to cinders. This was one of the larger churches of Odin, a secluded wilderness haven mostly frequented by woodcutters and hunters. The Gallows God's temples tended to be on the fringes of society, which unfortunately reduced the amount of collateral damage possible. Oh well, trees burn as well as houses.

Amusingly, the head priest was standing in front of the gates, raising up protective magics in preparation for Blizzard's assault. Did the little human really think he could stop Destruction itself? Laughing, he launched a missile of unimaginable power, screaming towards the church with enough power to annihilate a city. Although only one was needed, he sent a couple more, just for fun. Making ashes into ashes was one of the few great joys in life.

But that's when things started to go awry. Before his missiles could detonate, a shining figure appeared in front of the priest, raising a glowing shield to block the attack. A shield, block Destruction? Not an ordinary shield, for this one sent out a field of energy that covered the church, enveloping it in the strongest protection that the unknown God could muster. Of course, it wasn't enough.

The missiles tore into the shield, the first one cracking it, and the second one shattering it and continuing on. The God and his church were gone, covered in an inferno the likes of which even the Abyss could not match. Within the blink of an eye there was nothing left but ashes, even the stones burning before the power of Destruction.

Miraculously, the God survived, slowly hauling himself to his feet once more. On a second glance, Blizzard identified him as Tyr, God of Bravery. Of course, now he was barely alive, staggering to keep his feet as he raises his shield once more. It is strapped to the stump of his left hand, and with the other he unsheathed a glittering sword.
    "I will not let you...continue with this blasphemy. Whether it be death...or no...I will stand against you with all of my strength." As he spoke, he seemed to stand straighter, looking proudly up at the devastator above.
    Blizzard just laughed. "Your time is over. The Gods are good for nothing but fuel now. Now burn like a good little pyre." Yet another missile streaked towards the God. But Tyr was already moving, flying up at Blizzard with sword raised. Avoiding the obliterating bolt with Godly speed, he slashed at the Incarnation, each blow channeling divine power in a furious assault. Although his attacks made Blizzard reel back a little, they certainly weren't powerful enough to make him pause for more than a split second.

As soon as the first blow fell on Destruction, Time appeared alongside him, instantly freezing the whole area temporarily. Hmm. As it appeared that his fellow Incarnation had things well in hand, there was no real need for Time to get involved. But on the other hand, this was a God, albeit a severely wounded one. Probably better to wait and see, just in case.

Just before the timestream began flowing again, Time melted away Tyr's shield and sword into slag. Just because he could. Then he moved a few kilometers away, so he could see what happened next.

What happened next was Blizzard hitting Tyr with a Soulscourge Ray, easily blowing through the defenses of the ill prepared God and reducing him to ashes and dust. A divine spark, invisible to the naked eye and housing Tyr's life force, instantly flew out of the remains, flitting up towards Valhalla, only to be snatched up by Time and deposited in a tiny vial. Who knew what would happen to it next.

"Well, as they say, one down and twelve to go. Not counting Loki." It was impossible to read his emotion through the silver mask.

"Hehehe. This War is the best thing that ever happened." Blizzard gave a lopsided grin as he gazed down at the rapidly spreading fire below. Soon there would be one less forest to blight the earth. Such flammable things were really not meant to survive.

Then, without warning, the skies went dark. The Incarnations were buffeted by ravens, a swarm of them that filled the air completely for close to a mile around. They appeared out of nowhere, clawing and pecking viciously. Even with their incredible defenses, they were still quite battered by the time the ravens ceased their assault, coalescing into a single form. Considering who the form was, it would probably been better had they just stayed as ravens.

A tall figure, with a ragged black cloak and one shining eye peering from under his wide brimmed hat. A spear, the most powerful weapon in the multiverse wielded like a simple walking stick. King of the Gods. Here to avenge the death of his son.

"Cease." Faster than even Time could follow, Odin threw his spear at the space between his two opponents. In the air, it split into hundreds, thousands of different copies, each one hurling forwards with devastating force. Time and Destruction were peppered, each blow shaking them and leaving them unprepared for the next.
    Before the spears had even reached their targets, Odin was moving again, the spear back in his hand. Throwing up an arm, he covered the battlefield in writhing shadows, burrowing into the Incarnations and wracking them with indescribable agony. Each of the shadows, which vaguely resembled ravens, begin tearing at the pair from inside, ripping at their internal organs and shredding their very essence.

Blizzard somehow managed to send another Ray at Odin, who flew apart into a cloud of ravens, some of them vaporized by the attack but the majority unaffected. Time left for a moment, called by Anon, but reappeared in a flash, freezing the battlefield and warping time to tear at the Gallows God and slow his attacks. As soon as time snapped back into place, Odin was tossed back and forth, eddies of temporal energy sapping his strength. Ignoring them, he split into four identical copies, two of them charging the Incarnations while the others hurled fell magics through the air. Strong as they were, Time and Destruction were weakening before the onslaught, Blizzard having been already wounded by Tyr. This was a fight that they were not sure of winning, and unless they ran, it seemed that they might actually lose.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This brings Time and Destruction up to the present. Legomaster, I hope I've done an okay job of RPing Blizzard. If you want to take control of him in this battle, feel free. He's currently at 523 HP and has taken 14 Strength Damage(piercing any Immunity). He is taking ongoing HP and Strength damage on account of the Shadow Raven spell.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-07-05 at 04:45 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244

Zombie

Ivory Marrow

The Water Elementals that simply fail to hit realize their mistake immediately. The grinning form of a Wight slashes through their liquid bodies infusing Chaotic Necrosis into them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Circular Attack means I get an Attack of Opportunity whenever someone misses.
    I completely forgot about it until just now.

(1d20+107)[125]
    (1d6+33)[34]
    (1d20+107)[114]
    (1d6+33)[34]

(Immune Fire)
    Anon smiles, his mouth filled with very sharp shark teeth, as he rapidly gains in mass. A milisecond later an ocean Giant is stretching it's limbs (Immunity Bludgeoning) It seems to move ever so slightly faster than what it should (Time Stop) as fins erupt on it's back (Swim Bonus: Enough. 1 round) Anonymous then shoots straight up, out of the water, trailing water swarms (Full Move straight up. 1 round)

With a grin she looks at Poseidon "Is that all you got? I've seen Desert Gods summon more water than you. Though I do thank you for the boost to my defences."
    A wave of her hand and the water rises from the waves, forming into tentacles around her. 33 form, whipping around in time with Chaos' whims and surrounding her.

If someone attack in melee:
    The tentacles react quickly, slamming repeatedly into the attacker even as one of them engulfs the weapon trying to attack Anon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full-Round Action as a Free.
    33 Tentacle Slam, 1 Water/Air/Fire/Earth, 1 Slam
    x4 for all
    +2 Firestorm

Tentacle Slam:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+107)[125]
    (1d20+107)[121]
    (1d20+107)[119]
    (1d20+107)[112]
    (1d20+107)[119]
    (1d20+107)[126]
    (1d20+107)[116]
    (1d20+107)[111]
    (1d20+107)[111]
    (1d20+107)[125]
    (1d20+107)[118]
    (1d20+107)[124]
    (1d20+107)[112]
    (1d20+107)[124]
    (1d20+107)[113]
    (1d20+107)[121]
    (1d20+107)[126]
    (1d20+107)[119]
    (1d20+107)[120]
    (1d20+107)[126]
    (1d20+107)[120]
    (1d20+107)[108]
    (1d20+107)[108]
    (1d20+107)[125]
    (1d20+107)[115]
    (1d20+107)[112]
    (1d20+107)[110]
    (1d20+107)[115]
    (1d20+107)[109]
    (1d20+107)[112]
    (1d20+107)[109]
    (1d20+107)[114]
    (1d20+107)[109]
    (1d20+107)[109]
    (1d20+107)[113]
    (1d20+107)[127]
    (1d20+107)[122]
    (1d20+107)[126]
    (1d20+107)[122]
    (1d20+107)[111]
    (1d20+107)[125]
    (1d20+107)[118]
    (1d20+107)[121]
    (1d20+107)[121]
    (1d20+107)[116]
    (1d20+107)[122]
    (1d20+107)[108]
    (1d20+107)[108]
    (1d20+107)[124]
    (1d20+107)[108]
    (1d20+107)[120]
    (1d20+107)[114]
    (1d20+107)[119]
    (1d20+107)[118]
    (1d20+107)[110]
    (1d20+107)[120]
    (1d20+107)[108]
    (1d20+107)[125]
    (1d20+107)[122]
    (1d20+107)[113]
    (1d20+107)[116]
    (1d20+107)[112]
    (1d20+107)[121]
    (1d20+107)[113]
    (1d20+107)[124]
    (1d20+107)[126]
    (1d20+107)[108]
    (1d20+107)[122]
    (1d20+107)[124]
    (1d20+107)[124]
    (1d20+107)[109]
    (1d20+107)[113]
    (1d20+107)[123]
    (1d20+107)[124]
    (1d20+107)[127]
    (1d20+107)[115]
    (1d20+107)[110]
    (1d20+107)[123]
    (1d20+107)[111]
    (1d20+107)[125]
    (1d20+107)[115]
    (1d20+107)[125]
    (1d20+107)[116]
    (1d20+107)[122]
    (1d20+107)[115]
    (1d20+107)[124]
    (1d20+107)[121]
    (1d20+107)[111]
    (1d20+107)[110]
    (1d20+107)[126]
    (1d20+107)[116]
    (1d20+107)[110]
    (1d20+107)[124]
    (1d20+107)[110]
    (1d20+107)[109]
    (1d20+107)[120]
    (1d20+107)[114]
    (1d20+107)[114]
    (1d20+107)[115]
    (1d20+107)[111]
    (1d20+107)[127]
    (1d20+107)[122]
    (1d20+107)[112]
    (1d20+107)[117]
    (1d20+107)[124]
    (1d20+107)[110]
    (1d20+107)[112]
    (1d20+107)[121]
    (1d20+107)[120]
    (1d20+107)[117]
    (1d20+107)[113]
    (1d20+107)[125]
    (1d20+107)[118]
    (1d20+107)[121]
    (1d20+107)[123]
    (1d20+107)[117]
    (1d20+107)[112]
    (1d20+107)[112]
    (1d20+107)[124]
    (1d20+107)[118]
    (1d20+107)[111]
    (1d20+107)[120]
    (1d20+107)[119]
    (1d20+107)[112]
    (1d20+107)[121]
    (1d20+107)[112]
    (1d20+107)[112]
    (1d20+107)[117]
    (1d20+107)[110]
    (1d20+107)[115]
    (1d20+107)[120]
    (1d20+107)[113]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[81]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[75]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[81]
    (1d8+74)[75]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[81]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[75]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[75]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[81]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[81]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[81]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[81]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[75]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[81]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[81]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[75]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[75]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[75]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[81]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[81]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[82]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[75]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[77]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[75]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[79]
    (1d8+74)[75]
    (1d8+74)[80]
    (1d8+74)[75]
    (1d8+74)[78]
    (1d8+74)[76]
    (1d8+74)[82]

Air: (1d20+107)[110]
    (17d6+74)[135]

Earth: (1d20+107)[121]
    (21d6+74)[157]

Fire: (1d20+107)[111]
    (26d6+74)[157]

Water: (1d20+107)[114]
    (21d6+74)[144]

Slam: (1d20+107)[114]
    (1d6+74)[78]

I am so not looking forward to when I actually use my full power. Or even standard power.

Sorry everyone

5. - Top - End - #245

The scent of ozone hanging in the air, Dream gives a sigh of disapproval. "This won't do at all. This needs something more appropriate."

Raising the staff created in the Garden of the Lost, he changes the battlefield so that the sound of drums can be heard across the battlefield. An unseen voice follows the drums.

"Can you feel that?"

Dream releases the nightmare beast from his grip while a few errant tentacles are unconsciously batted aside. As the beast falls, it unfurls its wings as if in slow motion.

"Oh ****..."

As its wings finally spread open wide, it lets out a great roar.

"OH AH AH AH AH!"

It speeds like a bolt of lightning towards the god of the seas in a flurry of fangs, claws, horns and stings.

"Drowning deep in my sea of loathing. Broken your servant I kneel..."

Spoiler
    Show
    The ToS will charge Poseidon while using Stone Dragon's Wisdom and the Avalanche stance.

Thanks to Stone Dragon's Wisdom, it gets to roll twice for attacks, critical confirmations, miss chances and special attacks.

Rolls are made in the following order: Bite, Horns x2, Claws x6, Tail Slap

1st set Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+154)[163]
    (1d20+154)[163]
    (1d20+154)[174]
    (1d20+154)[161]
    (1d20+154)[168]
    (1d20+154)[156]
    (1d20+154)[173]
    (1d20+154)[156]
    (1d20+154)[168]
    (1d20+154)[156]

2nd set Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+154)[163]
    (1d20+154)[160]
    (1d20+154)[170]
    (1d20+154)[169]
    (1d20+154)[163]
    (1d20+154)[164]
    (1d20+154)[162]
    (1d20+154)[167]
    (1d20+154)[168]
    (1d20+154)[170]

Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (8d8+151)[190]
    (2d8+133)[142]
    (2d8+133)[142]
    (3d8+133)[144]
    (3d8+133)[149]
    (3d8+133)[146]
    (3d8+133)[146]
    (3d8+133)[146]
    (3d8+133)[143]
    (6d8+133)[157]

If it hits with either its bite or any of its claws, it will attempt to grapple.

6. - Top - End - #246

Forgive me for the bump. Stupid thread doesn't seem to recognize my last post.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

Ivory Marrow:

Spoiler
    Show
    Poseidon roars in fury as Anon wrests control of the water away from him. The elementals attack with renewed fury, only to be ripped apart by their own substance as the Chaotic One turns it upon them. Gathering all his power, Poseidon struggles to regain control, his Godly will clashing with the insanity of Anon.

However, of the few things that can break the concentration of a God, something that is effectively the Incarnation of Nightmares is up there as one of the most effective. The horrific beast flies through the Dome with blinding speed, smashing into the Sea God with enough force to send shockwaves through the air. Poseidon stabs at it with his trident, trying to keep it at bay, but it easily bats aside his defenses and tears at him with tooth and claw, shredding his skin and sending rivulets of blood to stain the ground below. The two titans grapple each other, Poseidon attempting to crush his foe and the Nightmare simply ripping him apart.

As they fight, the roaring of the water fades, Poseidon no longer maintaining his attack as he fights for his life. Although the city is still mostly flooded, the water is no longer actively trying to destroy the unfortunates caught inside.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can now move normally and such. It's almost frightening how quickly these fights can go. Because now every last one of you can attack Poseidon...

Destruction and Time:

Spoiler
    Show
    Every time one of the Incarnations throws an attack powerful enough to damage the Gallows God, he disperses into a cloud of ravens, buffeting them before reforming far away to hurl more spells at them. His shadowy ravens continue draining his foes, attacking their physical strength so that they can barely move. It seems as though they have no chance of beating him.

Then Time freezes Odin in a temporal eddy, sealing him off temporarily. With a wave of his hand, the shadow ravens disappear. "Burn him away!" Without needing to be told twice, Destruction launches missile after missile, each one becoming part of the temporal stream and freezing alongside Odin. With Time enhancing his fellow Incarnation, Blizzard moves even faster than he normally would, enveloping the God in a ball of frozen fire.

The temporal eddy ends, and Odin is blasted on all sides by more energy than even he can defend against. Lit up by the sheer power of Destruction, he burns like a torch, fraying at the edges as he corrodes away. Within moments, there is nothing left but ashes, swept away by the wind.

"We did it. We killed Odin!" Time laughs triumphantly, pumping his fist in the air. Their most powerful foe, vanquished already. Without him to lead them, the other Gods would easily fall. And then...what next? Well, they can burn that bridge when they come to it.

"We're done here. Shall we go?" Destruction snaps his fingers...and fails to vanish. Glaring, he tries again. "What in the..." He looks at Time, and they have a brief moment of realization before a torrent of shadowy magic hits them from all sides. It floods their senses, choking them, leaving them blind and deaf, sapping their strength and shredding their flesh.

The contingent magics put up by the two of them activate as the damage becomes too great, trying to whisk them out of harm's way. Unfortunately, Odin has spent the last half minute putting up wards while the Incarnations attacked his double, preventing them from escaping. His power burns through one of their lives, but Incarnations are hard to put down for good, and they regenerate instantly. Without any thought of fighting back, they flee, flying away in different directions, trying to escape the Gallows God through sheer speed.

Cursing the thief of Sleipnir yet again, Odin looks after the two retreating figures. Which one to follow? Destruction, the wild, crazed madman who had killed to many of his clerics? Or Time, the enigmatic, serious Incarnation who helped along all the others? The latter would be more of a blow to his enemies, he decides. Better to kill the one who helps the others, thus dividing them even more. With a flurry of wings, Odin speeds after the fleeing Chronos, ready to finish off this most elusive of foes.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248

SwashbucklerGuy

Anduilas stood still, shocked as Primus literally tore himself apart. He tried to stop Primus, but it was just too sudden. Without another word, the being called Primus disintegrated into the Plane, leaving no trace of his existence behind. HIs hand still out, Anduilas didn't even know how to respond.

"Primus..." he said softly. Standing straight up, he looked up at the starry sky of Mechanus. "I....rest in peace. Don't worry. I will avenge you - and kill that twisted being who would warp your mind like that."

Slowly flying back to Iridia, he slowly seemed to calm down. Despite his rather....naked appearance, he smiled politely to her. "I think I'll be needing those back now," he said to Anon. "And you have some explaining to do. What is this deal with the war with the Gods!?!?"

9. - Top - End - #249

Zombie

"I was bored. Besides you saw it coming, you have a time-traveller telling you we would. Though someone does seem to be messing with the events as they seem to have happened but are yet still to come.
    You owe me a pet by the way. I liked my wittle construct. I was going to make a line of toys from him, with Little Monster, Cogs&Stuff and more."

A corporate executive informs Anduilas.
    "Here is Forms 84,827#a98n. Otherwise known as the Release forms for Frms 203,710#g2 allowing you to access the ways of repaying my loss of a business model and personal property as stated in Bylaw 32#842 Subsection 594b Paragraph 4 of the Gelgains Statute of Business-making. The bureaucratic race that died out around the same time as the first Time."
    A large bundle of paper hovers in front of the hero, with several more behind locked up in red tape (literally)

Sorry everyone

10. - Top - End - #250

SwashbucklerGuy

Anduilas simply sighed, rubbing the sides of his head. Despite being naked, Anduilas still kept his air of charisma around him. In fact, one could even say that he was more charismatic than not. Still, it seemed that the fight had drained him a lot. Even heroes need to rest sometimes.

"Anon I'm not in the mood for your games. Give me my clothes now, and we'll talk this over when we get back. You are....beyond being unhelpful right now."
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-07-14 at 11:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251

Zombie

Mechanus

"Unhelpful is relative. As you'll see when you complete the paperwork."

Anon shrugs and the bundles of paper disappearing (they will reappear above Anduilas' head next time he sits down)
    His equipment then vanishes from Anon's hands, clothing Anduilas suddenly
    "There, done. Oh by the way, Poseidon is going to die in about... six seconds so bye." Chaos seems to be slurped back into an object, leaving a tiny statue of a baby which fell from it's place to break on the ground below.

Ivory Marrow

Anonymous appears next to Poseidon, lounging on a beach-chair.
    "Bravo on the wonderful surf my friend. Too bad you can't even handle a wittle Tarrasque." She smiles innocently as the ring of water he had stolen stands like bodyguards around her.
    "Give my love to Ariana, I promised her a Divine Messenger. I know her and our sons are pranking nonexistence as we speak."

Sorry everyone

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Although less than 10 seconds ago he'd been floundering uselessly in the water, Korug climbed to his feet as the water calmed. His ring briefly glowed, absorbing the firey damage in his stead. He growled as his natural healing patched up most of his injuries, but Pellow was not so lucky. Korug glanced at Pellow's scorched and lifeless body several feet away, and narrowed his eyes at Poseidon. He knew the likely fate of the rest of his army after the torrential flood.
    "That is it," he said, mostly to himself. He took to the air quickly, teleporting himself directly within attacking range of Poseidon. "Face me, Poseidon. I dare you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Dimension Door to within 50' of Poseidon. If he so much as breathes too heavily, I want to lay an AoO on him.
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-07-17 at 12:23 AM.
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

13. - Top - End - #253

Zombie

Korug's rage builds in his soul, flaring up like a flame and bolstering his already strong form.
    With maybe a little bit of help from Chaos' Soul-Bending

Standard Action to use Lifebend on Korug.
    I'll use a +100 Modifier so take +11 to Attack, Saves and all Level-based effects (so you have 41HD)

"Hey Poseidon, I see you!" Anon's eyes glow an unearthly yellow creeping Poseidon out enough to take his eyes off the enraged Incarnation within striking distance.

Wide-Gazing Special Eyes. Gaze attack with a Ref save. On Poseidon's turn he has to make a tiny Reflex save and move 5t, not counting for movement, but it Does Provoke AoOs
    Technically Poseidon can take the damage by auto-failing (it does (1d6+60)[64] damage) but meh.

Sorry everyone

14. - Top - End - #254

SwashbucklerGuy

Rubbing his head, Anduilas sighed. Simply glad that his clothes were back, he took a deep breath. Feeling refreshed again, he turned to Iridia. "We have to get back to the base. Something tells me that Anon is dealing with something big there."

15. - Top - End - #255

Seeing what Korug is planning, Viserys focuses his entire being into his arms and hands to endow them with earth-shattering strength and teleports right next to Poseidon and unleashes a flurry of blows strong enough to level mountains.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume 5 minutes haven't passed yet since I started the fight with the ToS. If not, I use rage before everything else. Next, I'll use Fist of the Old Ones for increased Str and Dex.

Full attacking Poseidon.

Attack Rolls:
    (1d20+147)[160]
    (1d20+149)[155]
    (1d20+144)[155]
    (1d20+141)[142]
    (1d20+138)[148]

Damage:

(4d6+244)[262]
    (4d6+248)[256]
    (4d6+252)[265]
    (4d6+256)[272]
    (4d6+260)[279]

16. - Top - End - #256

In the midst of giving the god of the seas the beating of his life, Dream spends a moment's effort to mentally command the nightmare beast to fling its quarry past Korug.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to add something to the earlier post. Don't want to edit it or else void the rolls.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Ivory Marrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Poseidon staggers as Dream smashes into him, the Incarnation's fists breaking his bones and tearing his flesh. He involuntarily steps backward as Anon distracts him with her strange gaze, and the waiting Korug seizes his chance to whip Poseidon, his chain crunching brutally into the Sea God's side. Then the Nightmare Beast throws him backwards, following the barked order from Dream, sending the God tumbling away across the ground. As he does so, Korug's chain thuds into him once again. Law appears, shaking water out of his armor, and throws a glowing golden cord at Poseidon. It instantly wraps around him, binding his limbs together and hampering his movements. The Lady flies out of the water, spluttering, ready to wreak vengeance on this upstart God. Upon seeing how utterly beaten he is, though, she merely laughs.

All this happens in the span of perhaps ten seconds. The mortally wounded God struggles upright, horrific wounds covering his body. His once blue scales are stained red with his blood, and the ground hisses as it drips from him like a fountain. He leans upon his trident as he stares at his attackers, knowing that they can easily beat him if this continues any longer.

And then he smiles. For two reasons. First, all of the Incarnations are now outside the magical barrier created to ward out the Gods. And second...
    "Attack." Four other Gods shimmer into being, and launch a counterstrike against the Incarnations.

The first to appear is a huge, muscular man clad in a lion's skin, and bearing a huge club. His skin shines golden in the fading light, and he bellows mightily as he swings the club at Korug. His first blow is made with such tremendous power and speed that it shatters bone, armor, and muscles alike, inflicting horrible injury. His second attack gives off a radiant glow, and even as it damages Korug, Poseidon's wounds begin to fade and heal. He snarls as Korug's chain automatically snaps into him, yelling "Face the wrath of Hercules!"

The second God to appear shines with a light so intense that all who look upon him are temporarily blinded by his radiance. His golden robes swish through the air as he nocks his bow, the begins shooting arrows with a speed unmatched by any in the multiverse. Each arrow is composed of glimmering light, and they fracture into multiple arrows as they soar through the air towards Anon. Each one that hits explodes in a blast of pure white light, scorching everything it comes in contact with and enveloping Chaos in a cloud of blinding haze. This God makes no boast, simply fireing arrow after arrow without pause, but his voice rings out across the field as he chants a dirge of war. His music is as beautiful as his arrows are deadly, for this is Apollo.

With a howling noise loud enough to shatter rocks, a God made out of molten iron tears onto the battlefield. His skin is black, and it constantly cracks and splits as the fire underneath strives to break free. He wields a maul made out of red-hot adamantine, swinging it towards Dream as he charges. The very air boils around him, and the ground melts beneath his feet. Even the Nightmare Beast looks small compared to him, as a hill beside a mountain. This is Hephaestus, God of the Forge, and he's ready to kill.

Finally, those who are able to see through illusions can see a forth God, wrapped in shadows, who lurks beyond the attackers. Her size and appearance are hard to judge, as she flickers and wavers like a candle in the wind. Eyes of pure blackness stare around the battlefield, and with a wave of her hand she assaults the mind of the Nightmare Beast, attempting to bend it to her will and turn it against its master. At the same time, she lets loose a scream of such horrific intensity that the ears of her enemies bleed, their minds go numb, and their hearts stop beating. It echoes over the battlefield, so loud in can be heard miles away. Hecate, Goddess of Witches, is unleashing all her power against the Incarnations.

Poseidon takes this chance to heal himself, divine energies running across hsi wounds and knitting them together. He then turns to the golden chains of Law, struggling to break free and join the fray anew. Despite his best efforts, they seem to be holding.

The furious assault continues, both sides giving no mercy and asking for none. The earth shakes, and the sky bleeds rain and lightning. Even Nature is stirring, as the most devastating battle in memory takes place over the ruined city of Ivory Marrow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hercules Vs. Korug: Attacks: (1d20+83)[102] (1d20+83)[102]
    Damage:
    First attack deals (2d8+66)[80] plus (2d6)[6] Constitution Damage.
    Second attack deals (2d8+66)[74] and Heals Poseidon.

Apollo Vs. Anon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacks:
    (1d20+93)[106]
    (1d20+93)[106]
    (1d20+93)[103]
    (1d20+93)[108]
    (1d20+93)[103]
    (1d20+93)[112]
    (1d20+93)[103]
    (1d20+93)[108]
    (1d20+93)[111]
    (1d20+93)[112]
    (1d20+93)[100]
    (1d20+93)[102]
    (1d20+93)[103]

Damage:
    (8d6+62)[96]
    (8d6+62)[85]
    (8d6+62)[82]
    (8d6+62)[86]
    (8d6+62)[83]
    (8d6+62)[84]
    (8d6+62)[91]
    (8d6+62)[88]
    (8d6+62)[89]
    (8d6+62)[91]
    (8d6+62)[92]
    (8d6+62)[89]
    (8d6+62)[99]

In addition, each arrows that hits explodes and deals 6d6 Divine damage in a 40 ft. Radius. Anyone in the radius must make a DC 33 Will save or blinded permanently.

Damage from Mini-Sunbursts:
    (6d6)[24]
    (6d6)[15]
    (6d6)[31]
    (6d6)[19]
    (6d6)[19]
    (6d6)[20]
    (6d6)[19]
    (6d6)[20]
    (6d6)[29]
    (6d6)[25]
    (6d6)[27]
    (6d6)[23]
    (6d6)[17]

Hephaestus Vs. Viserys: (1d20+116)[124]
    Damage: (8d8+75)[103] plus (3d6)[10] Fire damage plus [roll12d6[/roll] untyped damage, and you must make a DC 58 Fortitude save or have your speed drop to 0 feet and be unable to take any actions(even purely mental ones) for 3 rounds. This specifically excludes any methods to gain extra actions, and you also cannot engage in any interplaner travel. A successful save reduces this to 1 rounds, but you still take full damage. For each round you are unable to move, you must make a DC 58 Fortitude save or begin Suffocating.

The ToS must make a DC 41 Will save or be Dominated, and everyone must make a DC 41 Fortitude save or die. Rolling to penetrate Spell Resistance: (1d20+39)[43], (1d20+39)[59]

Mechanus

Spoiler
    Show
    Iridia watches in awe as Anduilas converses with Anon, handing over his clothes wordlessly. Two of the most powerful beings in existance had just died, and the Incarnations hardly seemed fazed. Well, at least Chaos didn't.

The elven maiden has seen and experienced more in the past few hours than most of her kind do in a lifetime, and there's not much she can contribute to the conversation. She is the daughter of Oberon, though, and exceptionally talented at adapting to new situations, something of a required skill if one is to follow Luck. Better to remain silent than to ask unhelpful questions. Not to mention that it's hard to talk to someone powerful enough to erase you in an instant.

As Anon disappears, she moves over to Anduilas. "I thought you were going to die. I'm glad you didn't," is all she can manage. Clasping Anduilas' hand, she smiles and invokes her magic. They vanish, and reappear far above Ivory Marrow, on the back of Sleipnir. Lightning crashes down around them, and far below, a battle of unearthly proportions rages. It seems that the Gods have turned up in force.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-07-20 at 05:00 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258

Zombie

A young boy in a general's outfit appears with a loud crack in front of the mighty horse and the two heroes.
    "Hi. I'm General Tom. We have a multi-Incarnate/God battle going on here. The Tarrasque's mummy is Dream's thrall, Korug and Boy-Wonder are in melee. Hercules is Boy-Wonder in case you didn't know and your assigned position is do whatever it is you do with probabilities.
    And before you complain about my age, I'm older than you. My species does not age as you do. I have seen more than you ever have."

Tom salutes and vanishes with another loud cracking sound.

The lounging Anon is shocked out of his seat by the barrage of arrows.
    "It's rude to attack someone while they're watching someone mauled you know." She comments, stretching upside down, a pillar of air stable around her.
    "Not that I care of course, rude is practically my middle name. Or was it my fifth? No that was angelos. Or Jane if you use the Judas rather than the Gregorian calendar.
    Though posiedon should have had the good grace to actually die when told, still with all of you here I guess Ariana will have more than one Divine Messenger. She always said I liked to overachieve.
    I miss my wife, she was such fun at parties."

A tentacle shoots out towards Apollo, the rest of Anon following through it somehow and an eyeblink later The insane Incarnate was grinning ferally at the ranged God, her eyes sewn shut with twine.
    "Hehehehe. My what bright lights you have Goldy." she giggles as time slows in relation to her, numerous new heads bud from her shoulders, becoming Ape-like and Huge as the 11 heads split into 67 mouths.
    "And what big mouths I have. Care to guess what they are for." The aforementioned multitude lunge forward, rending through the poor God as 737 mouths attack 3685 times all up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Turning into a 9HD Blood Ape from MM2 which is Huge then turning all of my Form Points into Gargantuan Mouths (6 points each for 66) and applying the Multi-headed Template for 11 heads (11x the number of attacks from the head) for 737 bite attacks. x4 for Iteratives, x1 for being 10HD over 20 (Peony Blossom Attack) for 737x5 = 3685 attacks.
    3685 auto-hitting attacks (I get 25 AB, 47 STR, 10 enchantment, 33 flowing air, not counting my Cha or Wis or anything else) dealing 3d6 +47 damage bypassing the DR.
    Minimum 184,250 not counting any 1s or 20s rolled.

Wow. Apollo is Salsa. And not the chunky kind either, the very smooth kind.
    I didn't even realize it would be this bad until about 1/2 through, I just wanted to grapple-nom him, before realizing his was Immune to grappling.
    Still, I never liked Apollo, too bright for my tastes

The many-headed ape chows down on the God, his light turning red as the incredibly fast-moving being of pure WTF decides to have a meal.
    A few seconds in she remembers his manners and conjures a fancy dinner table and seasoning the God with herbs and spices
    "Anyone else want some God? I hear it's a rather Light meal so I'm thinking seafood as the second course."
    A few thousand hungry grins face poseidon before returning to her meal.
    "Come join me Milady, plenty of room for two." he calls, reverting into a suave human as a second chair for the Lady of Pain pops into existence. It's in her type of decor too.

Sorry everyone

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Korug barely paid heed to Anon's show, his focus entirely on his newest opponent. The attacks that had been laid upon him didn't even show, and the past wounds were quickly healing thanks to Anon's Lifebending.
    "Hercules, god of strength?" he said. "Your 'wrath' is pathetic! It's obvious you need allies and surprise just to launch such an attack! You coward!"
    He wasted no time in laying down a new series of attacks, focused entirely on Hercules. He channeled his anger into his attacks, confident in his ability to utterly destroy this god.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rage. Full attack. Power Attack at -3. I'm, well, guarunteed to hit with every attack, and since he's immune to critical hits, I won't even bother rolling attack. I cannot even bypass his DR 10/adamantine, unfortunately, but I deal a good bit of damage anyway.

Damage rolls:
    (6d6+31)[6][1][6][5][4][6](59)
    (6d6+31)[1][1][5][1][2][6](47)
    (6d6+31)[4][6][3][2][6][1](53)
    (6d6+31)[6][6][5][1][1][1](51)
    (6d6+31)[5][5][4][3][2][5](55)
    (6d6+31)[2][2][3][1][5][1](45)

Will save:
    (1d20+30)[5](35)
    Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #260

SwashbucklerGuy

Looking down below, Andiulas' eyes widened as he saw the Gods erupted into battle. It was a terrific sight as Inevitable clashed against God, throwing the weight of the planes against each other. The very air around him shook violently as the titans traded blows. Turning to Iridia, he smiled. "Looking at how things are, you should probably stay still. And far away." Giving her hand a reassuring squeeze, he entrusted her to Selepnir's care.

Flying down, Anduilas landed neatly in the middle of the fight. His arms held out, each holding one of his trusted blades. He glowed with a shining radiance, like an angel in the middle of the battle. Already his very presence illuminated his allies around him, twisting luck and fate to serve his needs. Those that were his enemies were even worse - feeling slowed down from their fight.

"I'm giving all of you Gods one last chance out of the meager respect that I have left. Leave now. Don't look back. Or you will regret this."

He swung his blades slowly, turning around to gaze at all of them. "I am Anduilas, the Incarnation of Luck and the last one you would want to make an enemy in this situation. Go running back to Zeus and tell them that the Burning Man has risen."

Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    By the way in case they don't retreat (they probably won't ) everyone gets a +10 to Damage, AC and Skill checks.

All enemies get a -10 penalty to the same
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-07-22 at 11:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261

Seeing the Greek god of the Forge in all his molten glory does not impress Dream nor does the red-hot maul that comes swinging towards him. The slightest adjustment in his stance causes the maul to swing harmlessly more than a foot away from him.

"Coppersmith! It seems that you do not do much with that hammer of your nor how to wield it properly!"

Suddenly, he appears right behind Hephaestus and whispers in his ear. "I will be taking it for myself since you have obviously no use for it." Before the forge god could react, five blows hammer into his back and shoulders with the force of mountains falling from the heavens. Only the holy nature of the heat surrounding the forge god's body is able to sting the Incarnation of Dreams.

After the last blow was struck, the Lord of Dreams grabs hold of the arm wielding the maul and lifts the forge god bodily up in one swift motion with a grip that even Atlas himself would be hard-pressed to escape from.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full attacking Hephaestus then grappling him. Once grappled, I initiate World-Breaker Grip to wield the forge-god as my new weapon.

Rolling the needed grapple check for World-Breaker Grip.
    (1d20+264)[281]

All other rolls can be found in the OOC.

The Nightmare Beast, try as it might, struggles against the insidious voices whispering in its head but in fails in a moment of respite.

Woe be to the Incarnations, for the Nightmare Beast has been turned!

OOC[spoiler]Of all the lousy times to get a nat 1. [/roll]

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Ivory Marrow

Spoiler
    Show
    The ground shakes beneath your feet, and the wind beats at you like a tempest. A swirling vortex of storm clouds is forming above you, lightning flashes crackling through it. The sun has all but faded from the sky, and the battlefield is bathed in a dull red glow.

Hercules reels back, digging his heels into the ground as Korug's chain throws him backwards. The devastating wounds left by the Betrayer's attacks start to rapidly heal up, however, and the God of Strength lunges forward once more, lifting his club high over his head. He brings it down with a scream of rage, smashing into Korug and sending shockwaves into the ground, splitting it open. Cracks spread out from the dueling titans, and the ground lurches and heaves. With his second blow, he draws his club around in a circle and tries to bat his foe into the air, and down into one of the trenches caused by the localized earthquake.

Meanwhile, Anon tears into Apollo, his plethora of mouths converting the divine being into so much red mist. Despite this, the Sun God's song lingers over the battlefield, the echoes actually seeming to grow louder. With a triumphant crescendo, the God reforms once more, flying up several hundred feet from the ground. Outstretching one hand, he send a glittering golden cloud towards the Incarnation, entrapping him and making it nearly impossible to move. Pulling out his bow, he sends another storm of arrows towards his foe, each shaft undeterred by the clinging mist.

However, concentrating on the Chaos as he is, Apollo is caught unawares by the Lady, who appears behind him in a flash of blue light. Grabbing his bow in one taloned hand, she shatters it into so many pieces of Divine wood. Her other hand stabs into his arm, and his song falters and becomes a scream of agony. Turning her head from side to side as she grins at him, she calls out to Anon.
    "Do you have any wine to go with it? I think white would go well with such a sunny dish." Pain's smile fades as a burst of incredibly intense light emanates from Apllo, forcing her to cover her eyes and step back to avoid being blinded.

The Forge God gives a look of surprise as his attack misses, and then bellows in agony as Viserys smashes into him from behind, each blow buckling his metal skin and sending gouts of heat into the air. Before he can do so much as turn around, his arm is seized and he is whirled around like a broken doll, wielded with ease by a being little more than half his size. He wails, trying to break Dream's hold, but even his mighty strength is no match for the Incarnation.

Disregarding the plight of her fellow God, Hecate grins in wicked triumph as the Nightmare's mind falls under her control. Knowing full well that its master can wrest it back from her, she flies into and through the beast, entering it and taking control of it utterly. Her physical form vanishes as she possesses the monster, and it turns its slavering mouth towards Dream. Although its mouth is clearly not meant for speech, with hundred of rows of razorlike teeth, the possessing spirit twists its growls into words.
    "Your pet is mine now, Dream. I'll enjoying killing you with it." The Nightmare-Hecate springs forward, leaving a trail of black flames as it rends into Viserys with terrible power.

With a mighty bellow, Poseidon rips away the golden chains and rears up to his full height, gripping his trident in both hands. He starts to head for Law, but pauses as Anduilas lands in the middle of the battlefield. As the Incarnation taunts and threatens the Gods, he roars in fury.
    "The Burning Man has Risen? Everyone is saying that, but there is no meaning to it! If you think it frightens us, think again!" He lunges, trident spearing out from a distance to stab at Anduilas with deadly precision. Each blow sends out a tidal wave, swamping the Incarnation and bludgeoning him with Godly force.
    Taking his eyes off Law was not a good idea, however, as the Justice grows dozens of gleaming chains from his armor, each one covered in razor sharp blades. Whirling them around, he slices the God over and over, each blow leaving behind a wound that gushes far more blood than it should. Poseidon's face pales visibly as he bleeds, and he tries to fend off the storm of blows, leaving himself open for Luck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hercules vs. Korug:
    Earthquake Strike: (1d20+83)[102], Damage is (2d8+56)[60] plus (14d6)[52] and everyone standing on the ground must make a DC 49 Reflex save or go prone. Dream happens to be standing over a crack, and must make an additional DC 49 Reflex save or fall down, down down.
    Second attack: (1d20+83)[87], Damage is (2d8+56)[67] plus (6d6)[23] and you must make a DC 48 Fortitude save or be hurled backwards 30 feet into one of the cracks.

Apollo vs. Anon and the Lady:
    Attacks against Anon:
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+92)[105]
    (1d20+92)[101]
    (1d20+92)[111]
    (1d20+92)[96]
    (1d20+92)[93]
    (1d20+92)[103]
    (1d20+92)[97]
    (1d20+92)[103]
    (1d20+92)[96]
    (1d20+92)[101]
    (1d20+92)[97]
    (1d20+92)[95]
    (1d20+92)[108]

Damage:
    (8d6+52)[86]
    (8d6+52)[77]
    (8d6+52)[72]
    (8d6+52)[79]
    (8d6+52)[70]
    (8d6+52)[90]
    (8d6+52)[84]
    (8d6+52)[87]
    (8d6+52)[85]
    (8d6+52)[74]
    (8d6+52)[77]
    (8d6+52)[77]
    (8d6+52)[81]

You are in a particularly vicious form of Solid Fog, which reduces your speed to 5 ft. and gives a Spell Failure chance of 50%. There is no save for this, and it ignores freedom of movement.
    Also, everyone looking at Apollo(I.E. Chaos and Pain) must make a DC 57 Fortitude save or go Blind.

Nightmare-Hecate vs. Dream-Hephaestus:
    Spoiler
    Show

Order is Bite, 2 Horns, 6 Claws, Sting
    First Set:
    (1d20+134)[139]
    (1d20+134)[143]
    (1d20+134)[149]
    (1d20+134)[139]
    (1d20+134)[140]
    (1d20+134)[145]
    (1d20+134)[151]
    (1d20+134)[154]
    (1d20+134)[137]
    (1d20+134)[150]

Second Set:
    (1d20+134)[141]
    (1d20+134)[141]
    (1d20+134)[151]
    (1d20+134)[147]
    (1d20+134)[138]
    (1d20+134)[143]
    (1d20+134)[142]
    (1d20+134)[152]
    (1d20+134)[149]
    (1d20+134)[136]

Damage:
    (8d8+97)[143] plus (8d4)[24] sonic
    (2d8+79)[88] plus (8d4)[23] sonic
    (2d8+79)[83] plus (8d4)[22] sonic
    (3d8+79)[90] plus (8d4)[21] sonic
    (3d8+79)[91] plus (8d4)[24] sonic
    (3d8+79)[86] plus (8d4)[18] sonic
    (3d8+79)[93] plus (8d4)[24] sonic
    (3d8+79)[93] plus (8d4)[24] sonic
    (3d8+79)[94] plus (8d4)[24] sonic
    (6d8+79)[101] plus (8d4)[22] sonic

If it hits, it attempts a grapple, and fails.

Poseidon vs. Anduilas and Law:
    Trident:
    Automatically gets 164 on all four attack, natural twenty.
    Each attack deals 109 points of damage and 120 points of bludgeoning water damage, as well as forcing Luck to make a DC 86 Reflex save or be dazed for one round and hurled back (1d10)[10] x5 feet backwards, provoking an AoO.

I think that's it. Hope I didn't miss anything.

~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The vicious assault from Hercules didn't faze Korug, though the wounds began to show themselves a bit. He growled, and readied his chain for another assault... but then he reconsidered his action. He made a wicked grin, and threw up his arms. An orb of shadow grew from his body, passing across the battlefield and spreading into the horizon with no apparent effect.
    "Keep trying, Hercules," he challenged. "I'm ready for you."

Spoiler
    Show
    I use a full-round action to play The Final Card.
    Black: For three minutes, every creature that dies on the plane you are currently on is resurrected as a zombie under your control, ignoring the usual HD cap.
    I intend for these gods to be under my zombified control within 3 minutes. Oh, and if anyone else on the plane dies in the next 3 minutes, even better. It's the material Plane, so death's not exactly uncommon.
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-07-29 at 03:18 PM.
    Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot my FORT save. I succeed on anything but a natural 1.

(1d20)[15]
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-07-29 at 03:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

SwashbucklerGuy

Poseidon's attacks hardly seem to faze Anduilas at all. In fact, Poseidon's deadly blows almost seemed...weaker in comparison. The Incarnation of Luck was truly lucky indeed as the blows seemed to just fail at connecting. Even the strongest of blows seemed to land way off mark, throwing the water uselessly into the air.

It was a terrific sight as Anduilas emerged from the blows, completely unscathed. Taking out both of his blades, he twirled them in mid air as he slowly walked behind Law. Holding one of his blades out again, he gestured for Poseidon to leave.

"And out of all of them, I thought you would be the smarter one. Even though Zeus was wise, you've always been clever. The Burning Man is responsible for Hades' disappearance and the chaos that has taken over Mechanus. You would be wise to run back to Zeus, and tell him to interrogate Odin - he's hiding much more than even you realize."

Taking a deep breath, he let go of his sword, letting it fall smoothly for several feet before catching the long chain. "This is your last warning. Gods, least of you, can never hurt me. After all you depend too much on your divine grace to achieve victory - divine grace that you won't have the luxury of here."

Quote Originally Posted by OC
    My Impossible Odds feat allows me to treat any Natural 20 on an attack roll as a Natural 1 (1 luck reroll each).

For Gods, Natural 1 still doesn't mean Auto Failure, but the value is low enough that it should miss me completely.

With that, Anduilas makes one (final) attempt. IC purposes really.

26. - Top - End - #266

Zombie

(OOC: Sorry, the forum ate my post without my realizing. trying to recreate)

"Why of course milady. I have a wonderful one from the vineyards of Maraquesh."
    Anon simply waves her hand, a cyclone of wind buffeting away the clouds and he steps and appears closer to the enraged God.
    "Dinner and a show. Ahh, what more could one ask for than a godly feast, immortal combat and a date with a woman whose beauty transcends divinity itself.
    Oh, I know. Mood lighting."

Chaos smiles as the radiant light dims to a more romantic level around the two Incarnations and the God.

Bending isnt subject to ASF like regular Magic or Spell-Likes. Using Control Winds to make a 20ft radius around me of Hurricane-Level winds (more than enough to blow away the Fog going by the spell descript) which I Quickened to a Standard Action from Full. Move Action to Fly (with my ungodly fly speed) up to Lady Pain. Move Action (Quickened from a Full-Round) (I get 2/round cause of my Epic Destiny) to use Control Winds down to 0mph in a 20ft radius.
    My Ozodrin levels give me an Ex Schism so I use Control Light to dim the light to candlelit-levels.

Sorry everyone

27. - Top - End - #267

Dream manages to fend off the rampaging beast's attacks but one slips through and latches unto an arm. It believes that it has a firm grip with its massive jaws but a simple flex of his bicep dispels the notion. "I tamed it once 'Witch', I will tame it again and with your soul as part of the bargain."

With the slightest effort, the image of Dream changes into that of a being from the dream-songs of the ancient people known as the Unyabi. Standing now before the Nightmare Beast and the Queen of Witches is the Star Child, Kai'ckul. The massive entity looks as if a swathe of the night sky was given human form but it is not the sky of any world, past or present, from any of the realms within the Great Wheel. Amongst all the stars, planets, galaxies and other heavenly bodies that encompass his form, there are those of a more sinister bent. For all his size and appearance as if of the infinite, the Nightmare Beast and that which Kai'ckul wields in his hands are larger still. Still held in his hands is the struggling form of Hephaestus even though he is larger than the Lord of Dreams.

"You should have abstained from battle, "Witch", and you should not have taken the mind of my pet. I originally planned to be lenient with your kind but now it seems proper measures must be implemented."

Raising the Forge-god high above his body, Kai'ckul dispenses a series of swift blows to his errant pet. With each swing, the heavenly bodies move and shake as if experiencing the passage of aeons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Great. You made me use one of Dreams forms.

Full Attack using Hephaestus and Power Attack for 20. Whenever I deal damage to the ToS, half the damage dealt is also dealt to Hephaestus

I'm extrapolating the Weapon Sizes chart to get the damage of a Colossal++ Greatclub.

Full Attack:
    (1d20+129)[149]
    (1d20+126)[139]
    (1d20+123)[132]
    (1d20+120)[132]

Damage:
    (10d8+304)[343]
    (10d8+308)[348]
    (10d8+312)[353]
    (10d8+316)[362]

28. - Top - End - #268

For Sneaky:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Star Child

• Flesh (Luminous Flesh x5, Pretending Flesh) – 13 fp
    • Eye x10 (Insightful Eye, Spirit Eye) – 80 fp
    • Dreamscape (Engulfing Cosmos 55) - 305 fp
    • Secondary Stomach (Fits 2 Gargantuan creatures, Large Stomach x28, Formed Stomach, Doorway to Primary Stomach) – 66 fp
    • Fin x2 (Absent Wing, Unearthly Wing, Perfect Maneuverability) – 6 fp
    • Flesh (Engorged Flesh, Reality Warping Flesh) -20 fp
    That means that anything that dies w/in 275 feet of me is going to have their soul sucked into one of my dream realms without the chance of escape except by deific assistance from outside the dream realm.

I also get See Invisibility and Arcane Sight out to 100 ft.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

Ivory Marrow

The black orb spreads across the world, incredible necromantic energies covering the entire Prime Material. Instantly, Korug can feel legions of undead coming under his control as they die, their soulless bodies turned into puppets of the Betrayer. Hercules gapes at him, not expecting such a display of power. Unsure how to combat this new turn of events, his responds the only way he knows how- by hitting it. Clenching his jaw, he lifts his club high overhead and brings it down on his opponent again and again, simply trying to beat him to death through sheer might.

High above, Pain grins as the necromantic aura washes over them. Extending a claw towards the desperate Sun God, she makes a slight twisting motion in the air. The wound already inflicted on him tears open, skin shredding and blood vessels bursting at her command. Apollo is wracked with pure agony, far beyond what any mortal could comprehend. For the second time this day, he dies, crumpling and twisting into a lump of meat. Before his divine nature is able to resurrect him once more, he is animated by Korug's magic, filled with a necrotic parody of life. The dead God begins to float down to the ground, its shining face staring blankly ahead as it awaits the commands of its new master. Apollo's soul tries to flash away, back to Olympus, but the twisted reality of the Star Child brings him to somewhere far less desirable.

The Lady takes a delicate sip of her wine. "What an uncivilized way to die. Just right for a romantic evening." She gives Anon a perfect smile.

Law backs away from Poseidon, blade held at the ready. A field of slashing, mirrorlike razors floods out from his armor, forming a cloud around him to fend off any attacks. Meanwhile, Poseidon looks between him and Luck with an expression of desperation. This was supposed to be a coup, an easy battle to put the Incarnations in their place. But Apollo was dead, Hephaestus was the plaything of Dream, and he, Poseidon, was being mangled. And Luck hadn't even joined the fight yet.

"Odin? What has he done? Do you actually expect me to believe that the Gods are at fault here?" He moves back slowly, trying to buy some time to gather his powers. The bleeding wounds of Law counteracts his natural healing abilities, and he seems to grow paler by the moment. "You would have the Gods fight one another, but we will not give in! We are the rulers of the universe! Now cease to be!" Whirling his trident over his head, Poseidon lashes out with the full power of a Greater Deity. A crackling arc of grey energy follows the trident's swing, growing in power and intensity until the very fabric of the Plane starts to tear. Then the deific energy thunders outwards, smashing through Law and Luck, tearing through the buildings, cutting a swathe through the city and beyond. Everything it its path is utterly annihilated, leaving only dust and ashes behind. The Earth Shaker looks on triumphantly, his eyes gleaming red as he grins at the mayhem before him.

Meanwhile, the Nightmare is battered back and forth as Kai'ckul uses Hephaestus as a hammer, an ironic fate for the Forge God. The first blow sends Hecate reeling, her new head knocked to one side, and each following strike pounds her back, her feet digging massive furrows into the ground. Powerful as the blows are, however, the Hecate-Nightmare is only staggered, its insane vitality keeping it alive through the most horrific of wounds. The weapon is not so lucky, however. Battered beyond recognition, it seems more of a humanoid lump of metal than a mighty God. Hephaestus continues to struggle in vain for freedom as his bones crack and he flops around like a ragdoll.

Hecate snarls, although she cannot feel the pain of the Nightmare she controls. Powerful as this new body is, it is obvious that she cannot hope to win against Dream in a fight such as this. The Incarnation would not be foolish enough to make a servant more powerful than himself. But her own divine energy infused with his creation could stand a chance. She launches herself off the ground, cyclopean wings unfurling and bearing the gigantic body aloft. After flying up a few thousand feat in an instant, she turns back down, hovering there for a moment.

Then the Nightmare drops downward, wing tucked in tightly as it dives. The very sky is pulled down with it, and the thunder of shattering air fills the battlefield, shockwaves battering the combatants. Hecate crashes into Kai'ckul like a rogue moon into a planet, teeth and claws tearing the Star Child with insane ferocity.

Spoiler
    Show

Hercules vs. Korug:
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+80)[91], (2d8+62)[74]
    (1d20+80)[98], (2d8+62)[70]
    (1d20+75)[83], (2d8+62)[70]
    (1d20+70)[71], (2d8+62)[64]
    (1d20+65)[85]

The Zompollo arrives on the ground at the start of next turn, under Korug's control.

Poseidon's Divine Blast: Everything in a 100 foot wide line extending out one one mile takes 2'000 damage and must make a DC 119 Fortitude save or be instantly annihilated.

Nightmare-Hecate vs. Viserys:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bite, 2 horns, 6 claws, sting. You know the drill.

First set:
    (1d20+136)[143]
    (1d20+136)[141]
    (1d20+136)[138]
    (1d20+136)[155]
    (1d20+136)[145]
    (1d20+136)[144]
    (1d20+136)[140]
    (1d20+136)[154]
    (1d20+136)[148]
    (1d20+136)[137]

Second Set:
    (1d20+136)[156]
    (1d20+136)[143]
    (1d20+136)[141]
    (1d20+136)[144]
    (1d20+136)[153]
    (1d20+136)[143]
    (1d20+136)[148]
    (1d20+136)[145]
    (1d20+136)[148]
    (1d20+136)[139]

Damage:
    (8d8+97)[139] plus (8d4)[18] sonic plus (20d6)[65] falling damage
    (2d8+79)[91] plus (8d4)[20] sonic plus (20d6)[68] falling damage
    (2d8+79)[85] plus (8d4)[20] sonic plus (20d6)[71] falling damage
    (3d8+79)[90] plus (8d4)[23] sonic plus (20d6)[65] falling damage
    (3d8+79)[85] plus (8d4)[17] sonic plus (20d6)[71] falling damage
    (3d8+79)[96] plus (8d4)[25] sonic plus (20d6)[60] falling damage
    (3d8+79)[89] plus (8d4)[27] sonic plus (20d6)[72] falling damage
    (3d8+79)[89] plus (8d4)[18] sonic plus (20d6)[72] falling damage
    (3d8+79)[88] plus (8d4)[20] sonic plus (20d6)[76] falling damage
    (6d8+79)[103] plus (8d4)[22] sonic plus (20d6)[62] falling damage

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-08-10 at 05:03 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270

Zombie

"Oh indeed, though it appears our meal has run away from us. Terrible service, brilliant entertainment. Don't you think."
    Anonymous raises a toast "To victory, to the true rulers of the universe. Us."

Sorry everyone