New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Eikan]Collective - IC

The swaying body manages to dodge your punches, at least part by dumb luck. It seems somewhat disoriented, it still tries to strike back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20)[14]
    Damage (if it hits): (1d8+3)[10]
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

"I doubt you'd feel the same if it was after you."
    Phiala tries once again to grab hold of this monster.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+1)[16]
    Grapple check: (1d20+1)[8]

BTW: since when did aid another cause damage?? This is relating to the question I've sent to dreaming mage. I haven't seen anyone actually trying to HIT the zombie thing.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I should really be more specific as to who I am addressing. For reference, Prothius was the one who hit the thing, and it was him who the corpse attacked.

Prothius: The transformed arm cuts into you, leaving a deep cut on your upper arm.

Phiala: You successfully get hold of the corpse.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well I'll post and end the current round. The next five rounds should be fun though.

Grasping his arm as blood gushes out, Prothius finds himself unable to move. Before falling to his knees he says, "The crystal... focus on the crystal," Hitting the ground hard on his knees, the rest of his words were obscured as he started to lose consciousness, "I've helped... as much as... I could."

As he collapses on the ground the rest of his senses shut off as his weak body tries desperately to survive.

----
    I hope no one minds me taking the liberty of describing how he blacks out. I don't get to do a lot of KO scenes.
    Currently though I'm at -5 HP so I have five turns to stabilize. Although I'm rather attached to this character, so I wouldn't mind waiting to have him raised.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

"Rassi! Can you hear me?"

Phiala attempts to pull out the crystal protruding from the corpse's body once.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think this might count as "drawing a weapon" or using another's weapon. But I guess I'll keep the crystal since the zombie thing isn't actually holding it in its hands...

Grapple check: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2012-04-14 at 03:57 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, dice roller wasn't working when I changed what I did and added in a roll AFTER the edit...

Grapple check: (1d20+1)[15]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Phiala: The body struggles under your grasp, trying to turn around and face you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed grapple check to try and stop you from pulling the crystal out: (1d20)[16]

It manages to keep our arms from finding the crystal. It seems to be growing weaker and more unsteady on its own, though, and it does not make an active attempt to break your hold.

From the corner of your eye, you notice Kavin running out of the inn. He dashes out towards you, veers to avoid the corpse, and grabs Prothius by the shoulders, dragging him a few feet away from the combat. He stops for a second to examine him, then runs back into the inn.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-04-14 at 10:00 AM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Phiala tries it again because... well, it's going to take some effort to get away from the monster anyway. And she had better keep it occupied in case anyone else wants to come out and help the wounded.

Phiala yells towards the inn: "I'll keep it occupied as long as I can if you are going to help them!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple check: (1d20+1)[12]

LOL, and i forgot something else too. I had completely forgot about factoring Dodge into AC as well... so, from now on, let's just say of course she'd also be focusing on this monster to dodge, bringing normal AC up to 14...
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2012-04-14 at 01:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Blood pours from the wound in Prothius' arm as he was moved. It continues unabated bringing him that much closer to death.

----
    I'll keep describing my death scene if that's okay
    Current HP:-6
    Stability roll:(1d100)[54]
    Last edited by Egneil; 2012-04-14 at 11:46 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

The corpse still attempts to break your hold, though with less strength with each passing second.

Spoiler
    Show
    To try to break the grapple: (1d20-2)[15]

Meanwhile, Kavin hurries back out of the inn. He has a red box in one hand, and a long strip of white cloth in the other. He kneels down by Prothius, and starts to tie the cloth around the wounded arm. He pulls a wad of cotton from the box, but then replaces it and put the cloth aside. He pulls a small bottle from the box, uncorks it, and pours it across the wound.

Spoiler
    Show
    Healing for (1d8)[8] HP
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

"Good thinking, Kavin!" Phiala says. "I think this thing... is getting weaker." There's a hint of being winded in her breath as she tries to pull out the crystal once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple Check: (1d20+1)[19]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

It continues to struggle, trying to keep the crystal from your reach.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Resist the attempt to pull the crystal out: (1d20-4)[15]

It is to slow, however, and you get a grasp on the spike, pulling it out. The corpse stagger a few steps, and collapses. The crystal pulses gently with light in your hand, highlighting a series of cracks near the base.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-04-16 at 04:38 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

13. - Top - End - #43

As his senses return, Prothius shakes his head as he sits up. Still groggy from his experience he takes a moment to collect his thoughts. Remembering the fight he stands up and says, "Do you still need any help?"

----
    I'm back in the positives so I'll take a move action to stand. I take it Kavin used a potion?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Kavin leans over you. "Might want to stay still for a bit. I have another mix back in the inn, and you're still injured."
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Phiala sighs with relief. "It seems our friend here was right about this crystal... I wonder what it could be? And could it be dangerous?"

She gathers up the crossbow and bolts again and places the crystal on top of it, not wanting to touch it directly. Then she says, "Oh, and Rassi ...!" She can't seem to finish the sentence.

----

My character is curious, as am I.. where has he been? Not knocked out is he? She's currently looking around, maybe you could give some info.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2012-04-16 at 05:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Letting out a sigh of relief at the corpse's fall, Prothius slumps to the ground. Looking at Kavin he says, "I'm fine. I'm fine, don't worry about me," With a smile on his face he started to laugh and said jokingly, "I've been in worse bar brawls than this. Although I'll take what you're offering."

Calling the girl forward Prothius says to her, "If you're done with my crossbow now, would you be a dear and unload it before handing it back please?" Taking on a more serious tone he says to no one in particular, "Would anyone mind if I took a look at that crystal? I might be able to get an answer or two from it."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Rassi, still slumped over against the stable wall, starts trying to pull himself up. He's swaying back and forth a bit. "Hey Kavin, have any of that stuff left for me?" he calls.
    "Sure," replies Kavin. "not much, though, so try not to get hurt next time." He turns to Prothius. "You may as well take it, but let's let the council inside take a quick look at it first. They might know something about it."
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Phiala nods to Prothius at first. Upon hearing the suggestion regarding the council, however, she changes her mind.

"Maybe I'll just bring everything to your seat. Don't worry yourself with the crossbow for now."

Phiala waits a while for everyone and figures out how to unload the crossbow in the meantime. A thought creeps into her head.

"Hey guys... someone put this crystal in Javin's body, right? But how did they find him? Do you think I was being watched? Maybe we're still being watched right now!"

19. - Top - End - #49

After a moment Prothius stands up with a grunt, "Thanks," He said to the girl, "As for being watched... It's possible but I doubt it. Too much risk of being seen, and if you can reduce that risk, then it would probably be easier to put something on his body that you can track," As he started to pace he continues his train of thought, "Of course it would be easier still to simply to keep an eye on the inn. So that would make your being watched more likely, so we're back to square one."

Stopping, Prothius looks at Javin's corpse for a moment. Looking at the others he says, "I have an idea to learn more but I'd need to use Javin's corpse to test it. I won't act without the council's permission, although I'd like to keep an eye on his corpse to see if the magic causes other changes."

----
    Craft (Alchemy)- to see if there are ways to check of Lycanthropy and other forms of magic: (1d20+5)[24]
    Knowledge (Arcana)- to see what spells/effects could cause the mutated arm:(1d20+5)[13]
    Bardic Knowledge- for anything notable about the other knowledge skills:(1d20+5)[12]

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

With a worried look, Phiala says, "Well whatever you do, I think we'd better make sure everyone gets back inside together. And hopefully Javin's body stays put this time."

------

Not much else for her to do IMO, but she'll wait for everyone to get in safely before going in herself.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, who's still here? Anyone who is, ready to go back to the IC threads?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.