New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [FwM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread 9

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Not quite sure if that was a threat or an offer of aid, the griffon merely keeps his normal expression. "It should not come to that, and if it does I can fight my own fights."
    Flowier places her elbows to the desk and brings her now closed eyes to her hooves."Only a fool fights alone when it is unnecessary. Join us. Or at least trade a favor for a favor."

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

In the Kitchen

Aubade was setting up the table, placing the dinnerware and what not in their spots as she readied the table for everypony when they came in for dinner. She looked up hearing Grills. She presented herself to him and gave a bow. "Oh, Lord Flamestrong, what is it that you need?" She then grabbed the seltzer beverage Ember was supposed to get but got himself distracted. "Ah yes, here is your drink sir."
    "Please, Aubade. Lord Flamestrong is my uncle. Call me Lord Grills. Or just Grills." The noblestallion floated the drink over to his lips and took a small sip. A refreshed exhale soon followed. Grills tend put a hoof on her shoulder and smiled. "So Aubade... are you serving salad, soup, and bread with my pasta?"
    ==

In the Foyer

"Yes, they are upstairs, Miss Juribean. Although, I will admit this isn't my house. My servant and I are staying here due to the good will of the owner who is away for the moment, so for now, we are taking care of it,"
    He said taking the moment to cool down his red cheeks.
    Juribean walks around to surve the area. Dark spots to hide attract her attention most. Pointy objects that could be toosed are next. "Oh? So you, your female maid, and your fillyfriend all live in another mare's house? Interesting."

Lochbed jumps in to answer the question. "Yes, Ah live with mah Ember and his servant Awbade. We fillies keep him company and guard him from evil."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Flowier places her elbows to the desk and brings her now closed eyes to her hooves."Only a fool fights alone when it is unnecessary. Join us. Or at least trade a favor for a favor."
    Flowier seems to be coming on strong with her recruitment. She seems to be amazingly insistent. "Would you really have any use for someone that bows to you without even knowing what is going on? Still, if there is an issue consider this a provisional yes for what is required."
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-03-19 at 11:09 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

The sight of an armored colt thrashing about in his sleep in the civic center at some point attracted the attention of one of the other visitors/refugees. This, in turn, attracted the attention of the guard, who have sent a couple of their number to see what's going on.

One of them goes up to Luka and tries to nudge him awake with a hoof.
    "Kid, you okay?"
    The colt groans a but when he wakes up...but not the head, he instictively raises it surprised, eyes wide....again
    "..urk-wait...wha-"
    the sudden awakening startled him and he was about to back off, but he didn't after he seen they were friendlies.
    "oh...sorry I....I had a nightmare...not much....I'm Sorry.....Is it day already?"
    He slowly lowered himself back where he was, as a sign he was ok.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Blighted Weald

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Soft followed Gwyn's lead as well as she could She wasn't as great at sneaking.
    Gwynfillion was a little annoyed by the several instances where Soft's stepped on a twig, or made too much noise when passing through the brush of the thick foliage. Not that silence really was required, but Gwynfillion was enjoying that as a game element.

"Soft, you might as well shoot rockets with all the noise you're making,"
    She exaggerated.

=============
    "Please, Aubade. Lord Flamestrong is my uncle. Call me Lord Grills. Or just Grills." The noblestallion floated the drink over to his lips and took a small sip. A refreshed exhale soon followed. Grills tend put a hoof on her shoulder and smiled. "So Aubade... are you serving salad, soup, and bread with my pasta?"
    She glanced briefly as he put his hoof on her shoulder, resisting urge to raise a brow. "Well my lord, if I had time to bake up some bread, or brew up a soup, I would have. But, I'm afraid I only have time for a salad."
    --

Juribean walks around to surve the area. Dark spots to hide attract her attention most. Pointy objects that could be tossed are next. "Oh? So you, your female maid, and your fillyfriend all live in another mare's house? Interesting."

Lochbed jumps in to answer the question. "Yes, Ah live with mah Ember and his servant Awbade. We fillies keep him company and guard him from evil."
    Alerts ran through his head. Was Lochbed really going to stay with him? Living here? Like playing house? In a manner of speaking.

"What about your loch...I mean lake?"
    He wondered if she was going to abandon it.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-03-20 at 01:33 AM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Blighted Weald
    Gwynfillion was a little annoyed by the several instances where Soft's stepped on a twig, or made too much noise when passing through the brush of the thick foliage. Not that silence really was required, but Gwynfillion was enjoying that as a game element.

"Soft, you might as well shoot rockets with all the noise you're making,"
    She exaggerated.
    "I'm a big dumb Paladin. I'm used to going into a place with full plate armor, and acting all flashy. Stealth is not a strong suit." she says back.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm a big dumb Paladin. I'm used to going into a place with full plate armor, and acting all flashy. Stealth is not a strong suit." she says back.
    "I'm used to be loud and flashy in battle as you know, but at least I'm putting a real attempt, ya dumb paladin,' She nickered and getting all huffily adorable over something so unimportant.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm used to be loud and flashy in battle as you know, but at least I'm putting a real attempt, ya dumb paladin,' She nickered and getting all huffily adorable over something so unimportant.
    "I am putting in a real attempt. Why are we even trying to sneak up on something anyway?"

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

"I am putting in a real attempt. Why are we even trying to sneak up on something anyway?"

"Because, for the sport of it,"
    Except Gwynfillion was just being too serious business about it.

And then suddenly, from behind Gwynfillion, a huge snapping maw appeared thrice the size of ponies, the maw that is. The rest of the creature's body was hidden in shadow. Gwynfillion deadpanned the moment she realized it was behind.

"Well there goes that,"
    She glowered and ducked as it snapped at her from behind.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Taylor - Civic Center

He blinks at the commotion as he steps in, and quietly prays something like 'why me every time?'.

"Is...this a bad time?"

--

Arvadraa - Somewhere in the middle of the Forest

Nightmares were rampant that eve. ((Warning: High Octane Nightmare Fuel ahead))

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello my dear."

She was tied down again, the darkness of the tower surrounding her, as it had all those years ago. The scalpel moved of its own accord, menacingly swirling around her head.

"Wh-what? But...no! I...I..."

"You what? Thought you had left? Oh, dear dear." His voice was icy, conveying no emotion at all, much less actual concern, and it cut her deeper than his scalpel ever could. "You must be feeling worse than I thought. Don't you realize? After you knocked your head falling out that window I feared...deeply...for your sanity. You kept mumbling about owls and villages...but now, you've awakened. You've returned home.
    Ah and look, your family is happy to see you as well."

She turned her head and screamed. The corpses looked at her with blank white eyes as they chewed on...what? Clearly flesh but...part of it was...

Bile rose in her throat as she looked down at her body, stripped clean of flesh and fur, only muscle and sinew remaining, bleeding profusely. Only now did she realize she was entirely on fire, the pain like being submerged in acid. It was beyond imagining, she wondered how she had not died from it. But she was alive, she was concious, and her screams reached their peak as she felt the scalpel slipping into her brain once again...

She screamed even as she awoke, the deafening sound scaring away a majority of wildlife near her, or what remained of it. She flailed madly, knocking away a furry, large thing with her hooves. The pain didn't stop, and she looked down to see that a wolf had been using her as a chew toy while she slept.

She stood shakily, her vision swimming with tears and shining with spots from the pain. She spotted her aggressor, indeed a wolf...but this was no normal wolf. Its eyes glowed red, it was larger than it should have been, and as it snarled, it washed waves of no usual wolf emotions...it radiated hate. Pure, burning hate.

And a desire for the hunt. (To be continued)
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

10. - Top - End - #400

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    The colt groans a but when he wakes up...but not the head, he instictively raises it surprised, eyes wide....again
    "..urk-wait...wha-"
    the sudden awakening startled him and he was about to back off, but he didn't after he seen they were friendlies.
    "oh...sorry I....I had a nightmare...not much....I'm Sorry.....Is it day already?"
    He slowly lowered himself back where he was, as a sign he was ok.
    ((I think it's late evening right now, not quite certain though))

"No," the guard simply states beginning to recall a vague description of a new arrival. His partner, an earth pony mare seems to peel off from the conversation to talk to somepony. "Have you eaten at all lately, other than grass?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Taylor - Civic Center

He blinks at the commotion as he steps in, and quietly prays something like 'why me every time?'.

"Is...this a bad time?"
    One of the guards turns around and puts herself between what appears to be a colt-sized metal can talking to her partner and Taylor. "Just a disturbance, sometimes a refugee's first night in safety isn't quite smooth."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Taylor

One of the guards turns around and puts herself between what appears to be a colt-sized metal can talking to her partner and Taylor. "Just a disturbance, sometimes a refugee's first night in safety isn't quite smooth."
    "I hear that. Anything I can do to help?"
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Flowier seems to be coming on strong with her recruitment. She seems to be amazingly insistent. "Would you really have any use for someone that bows to you without even knowing what is going on? Still, if there is an issue consider this a provisional yes for what is required."
    The old mare now says something that allows for a glimpse into the way she thinks.

"Resources are resources."

Blighted Weald

She glanced briefly as he put his hoof on her shoulder, resisting urge to raise a brow. "Well my lord, if I had time to bake up some bread, or brew up a soup, I would have. But, I'm afraid I only have time for a salad."\
    "Step aside."

Grills gently pushed Aubabde away from the counter. He snagged a few bits of food from the pantry. A few carrots were sliced above. A couple potatoes were diced by an airborne knife. He soaked tofu cubes in self-boiled celery juice. Everything is mixed in a pot of water he held in is red hot hooves.

"Here. Soup. I can't bake though. Tell everypony that you made it too."

Alerts ran through his head. Was Lochbed really going to stay with him? Living here? Like playing house? In a manner of speaking.

"What about your loch...I mean lake?"
    He wondered if she was going to abandon it.
    Juribean gripped by shocked when she hears about this lake. "You have a lakeside house?"

"No. Ah don't live on the side of the loch. Ah live in the loch and and here with Ember. " clarifies the kelpie.

"An underwater home?" Juribean scratches her chin. If she had to off this girl. she would have trouble taking here out in the water.

"No no no. Ah don't live under the water. Ah am..."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

"Step aside."

Grills gently pushed Aubabde away from the counter. He snagged a few bits of food from the pantry. A few carrots were sliced above. A couple potatoes were diced by an airborne knife. He soaked tofu cubes in self-boiled celery juice. Everything is mixed in a pot of water he held in is red hot hooves.

"Here. Soup. I can't bake though. Tell everypony that you made it too."

"Lord Grills, that was, I admit, amazing,"
    There was no way around it, she was impressed with his soup making process, it was pretty cool. "Though I don't know if I can claim I made it."

Juribean gripped by shocked when she hears about this lake. "You have a lakeside house?"

"No. Ah don't live on the side of the loch. Ah live in the loch and and here with Ember. " clarifies the kelpie.

"An underwater home?" Juribean scratches her chin. If she had to off this girl. she would have trouble taking here out in the water.

"No no no. Ah don't live under the water. Ah am..."
    Ember took this as his cue to stop her there, it wasn't like everyone needed to know she was a kelpie, that was a tale he wasn't up for spreading around.

"Going to help me figure out where your going to stay tonight,"
    He said silencing her with a small surprise kiss on the cheek.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Lord Grills, that was, I admit, amazing,"
    There was no way around it, she was impressed with his soup making process, it was pretty cool. "Though I don't know if I can claim I made it."
    "Thank you. And you will keep my skills secret. You mmade the soup." Grills pointed at the servant. No with force, more like a relaxed way.

Ember took this as his cue to stop her there, it wasn't like everyone needed to know she was a kelpie, that was a tale he wasn't up for spreading around.

"Going to help me figure out where your going to stay tonight,"
    He said silencing her with a small surprise kiss on the cheek.
    Lochbed is quieted by the kiss indeed. As quiet as a omnivorous fae monster filly can be. " No.. Ah was... gonnae say"

The assassin cackles. She noticed a garter's strap from the filly's lingerie. "Doesn't see stay upstairs with you?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you. And you will keep my skills secret. You made the soup." Grills pointed at the servant. Not with force, more like a relaxed way.
    "Oh my, so this Lord Grills' deep secret, I am honored being trusted with this," She said in a faux serious way, as this was a silly moment, she was reacting as such in return though a small chuckle did escape. Though, if asked about the soup, she wasn't really going to say much about it anyway. She glanced him for a moment and returned to acting professional.

"Is there anything else you require sir?"

Lochbed is quieted by the kiss indeed. As quiet as a omnivorous fae monster filly can be. " No.. Ah was... gonnae say"

The assassin cackles. She noticed a garter's strap from the filly's lingerie. "Doesn't see stay upstairs with you?"

"What? No...I mean...I guess..wait no. I-"
    He was so tongue tied right now. He needed to change the subject, even if it wasn't subtle.

"Ya know what, we can pick up that topic later eheehehe..eh. Ahem, so uh, do either of you like card games?"
    Yep, not subtle.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-03-20 at 04:29 AM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Oh my, so this Lord Grills' deep secret, I am honored being trusted with this," She said in a faux serious way, as this was a silly moment, she was reacting as such in return though a small chuckle did escape. Though, if asked about the soup, she wasn't really going to say much about it anyway. She glanced him for a moment and returned to acting professional.

"Is there anything else you require sir?"
    "Yes, but at a later time." said Grills. He started on his way back to the other. His head turns back for a second. It would flinch forward if Aubade saw him look back.

"What? No...I mean...I guess..wait no. I-"
    He was so tongue tied right now. He needed to change the subject, even if it wasn't subtle.

"Ya know what, we can pick up that topic later eheehehe..eh. Ahem, so uh, do either of you like card games?"
    Yep, not subtle.
    "Only games I've ever played was Bloody Blackjack and Unstrip Poker." states Juribean after slinking over to Ember's ear.

Lochbbed leaps up in curiosity once again. "What's unstrip poker? What's a card game for that matter?"

"You've never played cards? Where are you from?"

The fae proudly stands. "Ah am from..."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, but at a later time." said Grills. He started on his way back to the other. His head turns back for a second. It would flinch forward if Aubade saw him look back.

"Very well sir,"
    She said indeed catching the flinch but saying nothing of it.

"Only games I've ever played was Bloody Blackjack and Unstrip Poker." states Juribean after slinking over to Ember's ear.

Lochbbed leaps up in curiosity once again. "What's unstrip poker? What's a card game for that matter?"

"You've never played cards? Where are you from?"

The fae proudly stands. "Ah am from..."

"Those, card games, sound so unsavory,"
    He lamely said, forcing an awkward chuckle.

18. - Top - End - #408

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Taylor

"I hear that. Anything I can do to help?"
    "Once we make sure nothing's wrong you can talk to him if you want, it's a free Equestria."

The old mare now says something that allows for a glimpse into the way she thinks.

"Resources are resources."
    The griffon merely shrugs at that, thinking on how it appears the stereotypical mare that griffons think all ponies fit to. Insane, seemingly random, but ruthless and more dangerous than their size would ever make them seem.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Fire Flowier

The unicorn clapped her hooves once.

"I am taking your response as a No. Return to your town and prepare for the arrival of more griffons."

Grills, Juribean, and Lochbed

The unicorn strolled into the room casually. He bravely draped a leg over Juribean's shoulder. "So what is going on in here?"
    "Deciding on a game."
    "How about Drink the Poison?"

Juribean struggled to hide her smile.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Grills, Juribean, and Lochbed

The unicorn strolled into the room casually. He bravely draped a leg over Juribean's shoulder. "So what is going on in here?"
    "Deciding on a game."
    "How about Drink the Poison?"

Juribean struggled to hide her smile.

"What? I uh...don't think that's a good idea, how about we have some nice tea instead,"
    He said nervously. He wished for Aubade to tell them dinner was ready, anything to avoid playing something like Drink the Poison.

And sometimes the powers that be do deliver.

"Young master, dinner is ready,"
    She said appearing in the doorway between the parlor and dining room. At the table, there were four places set, including for Juribean and how she knew to set a fourth place even if she wasn't there to greet Juribean, well, same as how she knew to get a seltzer for Grills even if she wasn't there to know Ember was supposed to get him one, she just did know.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa - Still in the middle of nowhere

((A little long, so spoilered. Violent, but hopefully not HONF this time.))

Spoiler
    Show
    "You...you're one of his, aren't you? Corrupted..."

She faced down the wolf, shaking. Normally she could at the very least get some sort of basic message or emotion from an animal, but this one was so magically overridden and so far gone that all she got was Grr. Argh. Nngh. Grawrgh. And that was the G-rated version of its thoughts.

She looked around the clearing desperately for some sort of help, but between this unnatural thing and her voiced shock a moment ago, every living thing nearby had vacated. She was alone.

Her shoulders slumped and she lowered her gaze. If this was to be it, it would be less painful to fight it. She glanced away, to her side.

And saw the knife.

The one she and Blades had made earlier, she recognized. As if on cue, she thought she heard a voice from far away whisper in her mind...

"Won't take you lyin' down. Kick it's tail and send it cryin' ta wolf mama."

She felt her own corruption sink deeply into her, but she fought it down just enough. Fear and rage battled in her mind, and she heard the wolf pad towards her. She looked up.

Rage won out. Her eyes turned pitch black, her posture straightened, and she leaned forward, glaring. But the urges to run, and the urges the magic usually left on her...they were gone. She was in control this time.

She calmly drew the knife at her side, taking the span of half a second to get used to its weight. Now or never.
    It flew towards the wolf with deadly precision. The thing was so intent on its prey that it didn't notice the metal thing burying into its chest until it was too late. It yelped in shock and flinched backwards, only letting its guard down for a second.

The second was enough. Arvadraa took the initiative and dove into the closest shadow - her own. Had she been in her right mind, she would have thought twice about that. She didn‘t know if that would ruin the connection or send her somewhere else or even kill her. But right now, all she could think of was killing Horne‘s creation.

She came out of the shadows behind the wolf with momentum already in swing. A foreleg slammed down on its rump, knocking its back to the ground, and she spun in a full circle, hind legs slamming into its head. With it already being pressed down hard, but also being pushed forward sharply, she listened to several loud pops and cracks with no small satisfaction. Before it could react, she leaped upwards and let her wings arc outward, carrying her up.

She waited until she was about forty feet in the air and took aim before plummeting like a stone. Unfortunately, the wolf dodged. Fortunately, she wasn‘t aiming for the wolf. The unmoving shadow of the tree caught her as she fell, and she shot out from under the wolf‘s shadow with the same speed as she had gained while falling, hitting its underside hard. They didn‘t go up far, but she tossed it out from above her and grabbed what she was aiming to get from it.

It hit the ground panting, obviously battered, but got up again and howled, facing down Arvadraa again. But it didn‘t see what she saw, for the second time in a row, and she let loose the bloody knife as it charged.

Thunk.

At first, it looked confused and sat down on the spot. Then both its eyes crossed upwards and widened at the sight of a knife embedded in its skull. The eyes stayed that way as it hit the ground, and never moved again.

She glanced at it dispassionately and yanked out the knife, sliding it back where it had been. She looked up and around, wary of another attack, but the night was quiet again. She looked back at herself and, while she knew she hadn‘t sustained injuries during the fight, she was still grievously injured thanks to being a temporary chew toy. She had seen worse wounds on herself, but she decided it was better safe than sorry.

A thin, dripping shape rose into the sky and sailed towards Bridle Shores‘ medical facilities.

22. - Top - End - #412

Fire Flowier

The unicorn clapped her hooves once.

"I am taking your response as a No. Return to your town and prepare for the arrival of more griffons."

"And this would mean less griffons that require you or your son to fret over,"
    the griffon replies. Of course which griffons might be an interesting question that could mean he should have taken her offer. In the mean time, he takes his leave.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"What? I uh...don't think that's a good idea, how about we have some nice tea instead,"
    He said nervously. He wished for Aubade to tell them dinner was ready, anything to avoid playing something like Drink the Poison.

And sometimes the powers that be do deliver.

"Young master, dinner is ready,"
    She said appearing in the doorway between the parlor and dining room. At the table, there were four places set, including for Juribean and how she knew to set a fourth place even if she wasn't there to greet Juribean, well, same as how she knew to get a seltzer for Grills even if she wasn't there to know Ember was supposed to get him one, she just did know.

"Well, this is a wonderful display? Ember, your servant is quite talented." said Grills as he entered the room. He found a seating and took his place.

Juribean waited for Grills to sit so she could sit across hrom him. "I agree. And something smells good."

Lochbed stared blankly at Ember. Although she was fae, she was not one of the civilized fae. Politeness and caution was slo. She waited for the colt to guide her.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"And this would mean less griffons that require you or your son to fret over,"
    the griffon replies. Of course which griffons might be an interesting question that could mean he should have taken her offer. In the mean time, he takes his leave.
    Flowier gets up from her desk and walks over to a window. She stares down at the marching earthponies below and the soaring pegasi above. "My pathetic son might fret over your kind coming here. I treat all the same so I have no need to heighten my emotions when more appear. I will be seeing you soon, griffon."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, this is a wonderful display? Ember, your servant is quite talented." said Grills as he entered the room. He found a seating and took his place.

Juribean waited for Grills to sit so she could sit across from him. "I agree. And something smells good."

Lochbed stared blankly at Ember. Although she was fae, she was not one of the civilized fae. Politeness and caution was slo. She waited for the colt to guide her.

"Yea, she is,"
    He said smiling glancing at Aubade for a moment who stood back as per proper servant decorum. She wanly smiled for a second before dropping the expression. Ember glanced at Lochbed who to him, was just standing there.

"Here ya go Lochbed,"
    He said gently bringing her to her seating, right across from him, it was a square glass table. He couldn't help but take a moment to look at her in her dress, she just looked so cute in it. He took his seating.

26. - Top - End - #416

Flowier gets up from her desk and walks over to a window. She stares down at the marching earthponies below and the soaring pegasi above. "My pathetic son might fret over your kind coming here. I treat all the same so I have no need to heighten my emotions when more appear. I will be seeing you soon, griffon."

"In any situation, I trust your ability to try and wring advantage out of it,"
    the griffon states as he begins to leave. He's not going to push any further on those remarks though, for what little he knew the mare, the exile knows her relationship with her son was... sensitive to say the least. The general was nearly broken after the last battle when she first mentioned the son being injured.

Cold, but the griffon knows the importance of presenting only what benefits the situation.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"In any situation, I trust your ability to try and wring advantage out of it,"
    the griffon states as he begins to leave. He's not going to push any further on those remarks though, for what little he knew the mare, the exile knows her relationship with her son was... sensitive to say the least. The general was nearly broken after the last battle when she first mentioned the son being injured.

Cold, but the griffon knows the importance of presenting only what benefits the situation.
    Flowier does not turn around. "Are you still here?"

"Yea, she is,"
    He said smiling glancing at Aubade for a moment who stood back as per proper servant decorum. She wanly smiled for a second before dropping the expression. Ember glanced at Lochbed who to him, was just standing there.

"Here ya go Lochbed,"
    He said gently bringing her to her seating, right across from him, it was a square glass table. He couldn't help but take a moment to look at her in her dress, she just looked so cute in it. He took his seating.
    "Thank you, Ember." said Lochbed as she took her seat.

Grills winked at Aubade before turning is attention to Juribean. "So you saw Mr. Sol at his job today. How would you rate his performace?"

"Excellent. Ember is quite skilled. Mr. Grills.. is it? What trades are you into." whispered the purple-pink mare in her deep sultry voice.

"I am involved in many professions. Mostly military goods and services."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you, Ember." said Lochbed as she took her seat.

Grills winked at Aubade before turning is attention to Juribean. "So you saw Mr. Sol at his job today. How would you rate his performace?"

"Excellent. Ember is quite skilled. Mr. Grills.. is it? What trades are you into." whispered the purple-pink mare in her deep sultry voice.

"I am involved in many professions. Mostly military goods and services."

Aubade just stared for a moment keeping silent as Grills gave her that little wink, right, the soup, that she had to pretend she made. She just hoped no one asked to make it for them in the future. She made her rounds, refilling the drinks of their choice, of the non alcoholic variety.

Ember blushed a bit at being referred to as skilled, he didn't really think he did that great, but he did enjoy the compliments. He bit into the food Grills had brought savoring its deliciousness. "Wow, this Parmesan potato pasta is really darn good."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Barbarian in the Playground

((I think it's late evening right now, not quite certain though))

"No," the guard simply states beginning to recall a vague description of a new arrival. His partner, an earth pony mare seems to peel off from the conversation to talk to somepony. "Have you eaten at all lately, other than grass?"
    "...what? yeah, this..."

He searches into his caparison and pulls out what look like some sandwich packages, though they're all covered in ashes, charcoal and some dirt, like they were retrieved out of someplace that was burning.... He gets a bit saddened and lowers his head a little.

"Only two things I had to eat, they were enough though....."
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-03-20 at 08:33 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420

Flowier does not turn around. "Are you still here?"
    The griffon leaves without commenting on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "...what? yeah, this..."

He searches into his caparison and pulls out what look like some sandwich packages, though they're all covered in ashes, charcoal and some dirt, like they were retrieved out of someplace that was burning.... He gets a bit saddened and lowers his head a little.

"Only two things I had to eat, they were enough though....."
    The guard seems a bit taken aback by the condition of the sandwich baggies. "Well if your... dreams continue there's a mare around town being the official psychiatrist or something."
    Spoiler
    Show