New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [FwM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread 9

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Aubade just stared for a moment keeping silent as Grills gave her that little wink, right, the soup, that she had to pretend she made. She just hoped no one asked to make it for them in the future. She made her rounds, refilling the drinks of their choice, of the non alcoholic variety.

Ember blushed a bit at being referred to as skilled, he didn't really think he did that great, but he did enjoy the compliments. He bit into the food Grills had brought savoring its deliciousness. "Wow, this Parmesan potato pasta is really darn good."
    "Why thank you. The spices are quite difficult to get access too. It took more than a bit of intimidation for get the grower to part with his best plants."

Lochbed jumps into the conversation. "Did you kill him?"

"No. Had to wrestle him a little. Minotaurs are like that."

"Aw. Did you at least break a leg?" Juribean took a sip of the soup. Wrestling? That tidbit intrigued her. She knew the brown noblepony had to be skilled in combat somewhat. Juri didn't expect minotaur wrestling. "This soup is good. Did you make it?"

"No. No. I just slapped together the pasta."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

2. - Top - End - #422
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    The guard seems a bit taken aback by the condition of the sandwich baggies. "Well if your... dreams continue there's a mare around town being the official psychiatrist or something."
    "Don't worry about them, I'm pretty sure they would just last for a while... Though thanks for the advice!"
    He nods slighly and starts retrieving his red blanket, that he accidentally dropped off when he woke up.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Why thank you. The spices are quite difficult to get access too. It took more than a bit of intimidation for get the grower to part with his best plants."

Lochbed jumps into the conversation. "Did you kill him?"

"No. Had to wrestle him a little. Minotaurs are like that."

"Aw. Did you at least break a leg?" Juribean took a sip of the soup. Wrestling? That tidbit intrigued her. She knew the brown noblepony had to be skilled in combat somewhat. Juri didn't expect minotaur wrestling. "This soup is good. Did you make it?"

"No. No. I just slapped together the pasta."

"Oh....so you made the soup Aubade?"
    Ember asked looking at Aubade who stayed in the background. She glanced up in surprise, eyes wide for a second.

"I uh, yes," She said glancing at Grills for second.

"Its really tasty, I might ask you to make this for me tomorrow,"
    He grinned and slurped up the soup.

"Very well my lord,"
    She said trying to keep her poker face.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "Don't worry about them, I'm pretty sure they would just last for a while... Though thanks for the advice!"
    He nods slighly and starts retrieving his red blanket, that he accidentally dropped off when he woke up.
    "Right then, just try to keep it down," the guard states still kind of confused at this whole situation. Without saying much he and his partner leave. On the way out the mutter about needing a drink because of the hat riot earlier or some nonsense.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Oh....so you made the soup Aubade?"
    Ember asked looking at Aubade who stayed in the background. She glanced up in surprise, eyes wide for a second.

"I uh, yes," She said glancing at Grills for second.

"Its really tasty, I might ask you to make this for me tomorrow,"
    He grinned and slurped up the soup.

"Very well my lord,"
    She said trying to keep her poker face.
    Grills smiled back "A soup this good cannot be consumed regularly. You'll waste the treat to your tongue."

Jurubean stretches out her hindleg to touch Grills'. She wanted to pull his attention off of Aubade and the food while measuring his muscle tone. "Mmm... we wouldn't want to wear out our tongues just yet."

"ummm.. yes... I guess." The unicorn was not used to such aggression.

"Mah tongue wont wear out. Ah want more soup tomorrow. Ah cannae live witout another wee taste."

"Such an interesting accent. Miss Lochbed Where are you from,"

The fae openedher mouth, ready to proudly announce her fae heritage.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Dinner Party

He sighed giving up, perhaps Juribean might not believe it, it did sound crazy after all.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Dinner Party

He sighed giving up, perhaps Juribean might not believe it, it did sound crazy after all.
    "Ah am an unseelie fae from the Fairylands under the protection of Princess Titania."

Juribean does a spittake.

Grills just laughed.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah am an unseelie fae from the Fairylands under the protection of Princess Titania."

Juribean does a spittake.

Grills just laughed.
    Totally crazy. Ember just poker face'd and drank his hot tea, washing down the food and then took another bite.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Totally crazy. Ember just poker face'd and drank his hot tea, washing down the food and then took another bite.
    "What's so funny?" the little kelpie turned red and puckered her lips. A dirty look dropped on Juribean. She didn't like the other mare being here in the first place.

The assassin quickly wiped her mouth with a napkin. "Sorry. Sorry. That was just so unexpected. Mr. Sol, are you also a fae? Or are you from another town."

The older of the two noblestallions cowered his own lips to conceal his laughter.
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-03-21 at 03:25 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

"What's so funny?" the little kelpie turned red and puckered her lips. A dirty look dropped on Juribean. She didn't like the other mare being here in the first place.

The assassin quickly wiped her mouth with a napkin. "Sorry. Sorry. That was just so unexpected. Mr. Sol, are you also a fae? Or are you from another town."

The older of the two noblestallions cowered his own lips to conceal his laughter.
    Aw fiddlesticks, Lochbed looked so adorable all red faced and pouty, Ember was glad he wasn't the only one to get red in the face, even if though with him, it was out of embarrassment.

"No, I'm no fae, just a regular pegasi from out of town,"
    He answered.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Aw fiddlesticks, Lochbed looked so adorable all red faced and pouty, Ember was glad he wasn't the only one to get red in the face, even if though with him, it was out of embarrassment.

"No, I'm no fae, just a regular pegasi from out of town,"
    He answered.
    "Oh. Are you also from out of town." asks Juribean. Her hoof reached over to touch Grills.

The stallion smiled and placed his hoof atop hers. "I am from Fort Fetlock. The fort itself. But I do own a house in the suburbs of that town."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh. Are you also from out of town." asks Juribean. Her hoof reached over to touch Grills.

The stallion smiled and placed his hoof atop hers. "I am from Fort Fetlock. The fort itself. But I do own a house in the suburbs of that town."
    Ember furrowed his brows watching this....whatever it was that was starting to happen between Grills and Juribean. It just didn't sit well with him, especially more so since he was determined to get Juribean out of that world, and Grills here was sort of feeding the wrong flames here. It felt counterproductive for what he was trying to do for Juribean.

"I uh...Grills, can we uh talk in private, in the foyer?"
    He asked looking at Grills.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-03-21 at 04:56 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ember furrowed his brows watching this....whatever it was that was starting to happen between Grills and Juribean. It just didn't sit well with him, especially more so since he was determined to get Juribean out of that world, and Grills here was sort of feeding the wrong flames here. It felt counterproductive for what he was trying to do for Juribean.

"I uh...Grills, can we uh talk in private, in the foyer?"
    He asked looking at Grills.
    "Oh. Sure, Ember." said Grills. He didn't want to leave. The flirting with Juribean was getting hot. And Juribean showed no reservations. He felt as if he was steps away from getting the key in the door. "Be right back." Then the noblestallion teleported away to the foyer in his normal fiery show-offy display.

"Problem, Ember?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa

After desperately trying to calm down the Nurse who just saw a flutter pony fly in who looked like a half-eaten demon zombie (her words), Arvadraa manages to get some medical assistance and make it to a hospital bed (or similar) before passing out.

--

Taylor

Taylor likewise (though without the screaming bloody murder or the actual bloody murder) finds a spot in the corner and takes off his gear, putting it on the ground. They he lays down on it (ensuring no thefts, just in case) and scrunches up so that he doesn't take up too much room. Then at last, dreams take him.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh. Sure, Ember." said Grills. He didn't want to leave. The flirting with Juribean was getting hot. And Juribean showed no reservations. He felt as if he was steps away from getting the key in the door. "Be right back." Then the noblestallion teleported away to the foyer in his normal fiery show-offy display.

"Problem, Ember?"

"Yes, you could say there is,"
    He said walking into the foyer, tis wasn't like dining room was that far from the foyer. He glanced the way he came before looking back at Grills.

"I'd really like it if you didn't...flirt with Miss Juribean and try to get to home base with her, or...take her home..with you...for what..you like to do...with mares, especially good looking ones,"
    He couldn't help it, his cheeks were red, it wasn't that easy to spit this out. "Even if she does initiate the flirting, I'd rather you not indulge 'em."

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Yes, you could say there is,"
    He said walking into the foyer, tis wasn't like dining room was that far from the foyer. He glanced the way he came before looking back at Grills.

"I'd really like it if you didn't...flirt with Miss Juribean and try to get to home base with her, or...take her home..with you...for what..you like to do...with mares, especially good looking ones,"
    He couldn't help it, his cheeks were red, it wasn't that easy to spit this out. "Even if she does initiate the flirting, I'd rather you not indulge 'em."
    "Oh. Is she yours. If you have claimed her, I will back off. Social rules puts great shame in nobles romancing the targets of other nobles." Grills lowered his voice and backed up a bit while speaking. He was not brave enough to breake social norms. That is mostly why he is the mess he is.

"I do have a request of my own too."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

"Because, for the sport of it,"
    Except Gwynfillion was just being too serious business about it.

And then suddenly, from behind Gwynfillion, a huge snapping maw appeared thrice the size of ponies, the maw that is. The rest of the creature's body was hidden in shadow. Gwynfillion deadpanned the moment she realized it was behind.

"Well there goes that,"
    She glowered and ducked as it snapped at her from behind.
    Soft on the other hoof, jumped. She jumped, and being surprisingly dextrous for a stupid Paladin, landed on top of the thing's maw and tried to apply her weight to force it to clamp shut uncomfortably.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh. Is she yours. If you have claimed her, I will back off. Social rules puts great shame in nobles romancing the targets of other nobles." Grills lowered his voice and backed up a bit while speaking. He was not brave enough to break social norms. That is mostly why he is the mess he is.

"I do have a request of my own too."

"Wait..what...no, its nothing like that...I'm not trying to romance her,....I'm just....huh...wait you have a request?...I uh...what is it?"
    He was curious to be honest, and found himself distracted, though he told himself he'd explain to Grills the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Soft on the other hoof, jumped. She jumped, and being surprisingly dextrous for a stupid Paladin, landed on top of the thing's maw and tried to apply her weight to force it to clamp shut uncomfortably.

The creature didn't like that as it reached out with his long limbs and went to grab her with its rakish claws.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

The creature didn't like that as it reached out with his long limbs and went to grab her with its rakish claws.
    Soft jumped and dodged it again. She'd spent faaaar too much time jumping around town with Pinkie Pie.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Wait..what...no, its nothing like that...I'm not trying to romance her,....I'm just....huh...wait you have a request?...I uh...what is it?"
    He was curious to be honest, and found himself distracted, though he told himself he'd explain to Grills the situation.
    "Then why do you.. No matter. Anyway. Social norms require me to ask you first before asking one of your servants for a major favor." Grills adjusted his jacket and collar. He looked around nervously to make sure nopony else was there. "Although I constantly fight my mother, one of her intentions is right. My family need a heir. Even though I have nephew through my sister, it is I as the eldest male to sire the military heir. But I do not think I will ever marry. Illegitimate foals is a no-no as well. The only other option is hiring a surrogate to birth and partially raise my foal. Common practice. I have a short list of candidates that I could trust."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Soft jumped and dodged it again. She'd spent faaaar too much time jumping around town with Pinkie Pie.
    Gwynfillion stood back, watching, as the thing ignored her, it was kinda annoying. Though, at the moment, it didn't seem Soft really needed help anyway, this creature looked to be a youngling of the creatures she wagered it was.

The creature showed itself fully as it emerged from the shadows. Its huge maw filled with teeth, long gangly arms. It looked like a furry beast creature that walked/carried itself in the same posture as diamond dogs, except it wasn't a diamond dog of course. But it was pretty darn big. It started to try to smash down the pesky pony who kept jumping around.

------------------

"Then why do you.. No matter. Anyway. Social norms require me to ask you first before asking one of your servants for a major favor." Grills adjusted his jacket and collar. He looked around nervously to make sure nopony else was there. "Although I constantly fight my mother, one of her intentions is right. My family need a heir. Even though I have nephew through my sister, it is I as the eldest male to sire the military heir. But I do not think I will ever marry. Illegitimate foals is a no-no as well. The only other option is hiring a surrogate to birth and partially raise my foal. Common practice. I have a short list of candidates that I could trust."

Ember just gawked for a moment unsure of how to respond to that really. He looked at Grills and then at the piece of paper. "And...what does this have to do with me? No offense meant. Also, out of curiosity, who are some of these candidates?" He sported a perplexed expression.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ember just gawked for a moment unsure of how to respond to that really. He looked at Grills and then at the piece of paper. "And...what does this have to do with me? No offense meant. Also, out of curiosity, who are some of these candidates?" He sported a perplexed expression.
    "Well it's short and incomplete.. One is one of my ninja bodyguards. She is adorable but it puts me at risk to have her off duty for 11 months. Another is a a former member of House Skald. Not the best candidate I'm sure. The last one is... Aubade." He hesitated when answering that last part. "Oh of course, I'm in no rush. And Aubade isn't on the top of my list... Although there is nothing wrong with her... But I want her on my list and I need your agreement and permission."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

"Well it's short and incomplete.. One is one of my ninja bodyguards. She is adorable but it puts me at risk to have her off duty for 11 months. Another is a a former member of House Skald. Not the best candidate I'm sure. The last one is... Aubade." He hesitated when answering that last part. "Oh of course, I'm in no rush. And Aubade isn't on the top of my list... Although there is nothing wrong with her... But I want her on my list and I need your agreement and permission."

If he had been drinking something seconds ago, he would have done a spit take. Now he had reason to gawk at Grills like he grew a second head or something just as 'what the hay'. Grills, considered Aubade, as option to bear his child. His Aubade, his servant of seventeen years, his..friend.

There was a pregnant silence that struck the air as Ember's eyes seemed focused on Grills, but his attention were to the thoughts in his head that raced a mile second.

"I....can't answer that....I mean...I get that it could further strengthen the bonds between the two families.....but, this is not something I can have a definite answer for right away."

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion stood back, watching, as the thing ignored her, it was kinda annoying. Though, at the moment, it didn't seem Soft really needed help anyway, this creature looked to be a youngling of the creatures she wagered it was.

The creature showed itself fully as it emerged from the shadows. Its huge maw filled with teeth, long gangly arms. It looked like a furry beast creature that walked/carried itself in the same posture as diamond dogs, except it wasn't a diamond dog of course. But it was pretty darn big. It started to try to smash down the pesky pony who kept jumping around.
    Soft keeps jumping. Boing. Boing. Boing.

"Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah, you can't get me." The silly Paladin taunts the giant....thing.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Soft keeps jumping. Boing. Boing. Boing.

"Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah, you can't get me." The silly Paladin taunts the giant....thing.
    Twas a bandersnatch youngling that was trying to snatch itself a nice meaty pony snack. It growled rustling its fur as it continued to try to grab the paladin. It huffed angrily but it didn't seem to want to give up, like a stubborn child.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Twas a bandersnatch youngling that was trying to snatch itself a nice meaty pony snack. It growled rustling its fur as it continued to try to grab the paladin. It huffed angrily but it didn't seem to want to give up, like a stubborn child.
    "Remember now, play with fire and you'll get burned!" In between the jumping, Soft throws a big fireball at the thing.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

"Remember now, play with fire and you'll get burned!" In between the jumping, Soft throws a big fireball at the thing.
    It was not expecting a fireball and neither was Gwynfillion who flared angrily as the bandersnatch youngling reeled back back in pain.

"NO magic you dumb paladin!!"
    Gwynfillion yelled dashing over to Soft, if only she could smack her one in the head. She growled with a glare.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

It was not expecting a fireball and neither was Gwynfillion who flared angrily as the bandersnatch youngling reeled back back in pain.

"NO magic you dumb paladin!!"
    Gwynfillion yelled dashing over to Soft, if only she could smack her one in the head. She growled with a glare.
    "Awww, fine. Didn't think you were really serious about the earth pony thing." Soft says, prepping herself for another fight with the thing on earth pony terms. "Just didn't seem your style is all." Soft says.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

"Awww, fine. Didn't think you were really serious about the earth pony thing." Soft says, prepping herself for another fight with the thing on earth pony terms. "Just didn't seem your style is all." Soft says.

"Of course I was serious! I said it, therefore was serious about it."
    She snorted with a sharp nicker. She was totally serious business right now, blowing it out of proportion that Soft broke her rules for the game. But hey.

The bandersnatch youngling recovered from the fiery blast, its fur singed black in some parts. It pounded the ground angrily with its large claws at the end of its long fore limbs before it went after Soft again because she was the pony that hurt it. It swiped down a claw aiming for where Soft was standing.

Gwynfillion of course watched, this was Soft's target to kill and it would be unwarrior-ish to steal a kill.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course I was serious! I said it, therefore was serious about it."
    She snorted with a sharp nicker. She was totally serious business right now, blowing it out of proportion that Soft broke her rules for the game. But hey.

The bandersnatch youngling recovered from the fiery blast, its fur singed black in some parts. It pounded the ground angrily with its large claws at the end of its long fore limbs before it went after Soft again because she was the pony that hurt it. It swiped down a claw aiming for where Soft was standing.

Gwynfillion of course watched, this was Soft's target to kill and it would be unwarrior-ish to steal a kill.
    Soft dodges the claw and bucks the limb it's attached to.