New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread 9

Arvadraa

"Oh. Um. No thanks. My armor is less...restrictive." And with that, she walks (well okay, stumbles) over near the furnace, ready for the work to commence.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #542
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Blades looked over the armour carefully. "My, this is of good design! Who made this? Ya really know where to get yar armour! Not the best care, though..."

She turned back to Arvadraa for a moment. "Say, maybe we should get to work on yar own set of armour! After what just happened to ya, ya'd probably need it."

Then she turned back. "Anyway, if ya want this fixed up, ya've come to the right place! I'm Blades, best blacksmith in town, which really isn't sayin' much 'cause the only other one's my apprentice Arvadraa over there. Most places, ya wouldn't be able to find anypony who'd be able to fix this up properly, but I've handled this kind of work before. I'd say a price of about two hundred 'n fifty bits, plus expenses, for it. Deal?"
    "...thanks! my dad made it for me, in a village with an iron mine, I guess it's the kind of ore that makes it so nice.....The village doesn't exist anymore though"

Then she mentioned bits.....wat?

"Um....ok, I think we can make a deal...but just one question: what are "bits"" He says a bit confused, back at home there weren't any of those.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-03-25 at 04:44 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    He's too busy being dead asleep and adding to his pillow's drool puddle, that there's not much of a subconscious reaction, but his body doesn't seem to be protesting the snuggling.

And then a knock at the door.
    Lochbed blinked twice to half way awaken herself. "Come in... Mr. Fishcake.... Leave the candy... in the broiler." she sleepily mumbled.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Ignoring the rude small one and the silent angry looking one, the griffon holds his position and addresses the first one. "And yet I don't know why you would need to find out this information."
    "We were sent by Senator Helga to investigate a rumor that a griffon was in ponylands. A griffon that participated in a battle without the knowledge of the griffon government." answered the griffon trio's leader. "Are you that griffon? And if not, where is your travel documents?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Lochbed blinked twice to half way awaken herself. "Come in... Mr. Fishcake.... Leave the candy... in the broiler." she sleepily mumbled.

"Miss Loch--"
    She stepped in caught on the sight of Lochbed and the young master...sharing a bed together 'embracing' rather intimately, from her point of view. She had thought Ember better than that, she shook her head, though, Ember's drool puddle did mitigate most of those thoughts, now the scene before her just looked silly.

"Ahem, I am here to let you...two, know that breakfast is ready, forgive me if I'm intruding."

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    As she pulled harder and harder and moved the ring further out of position, it became almost impossible to move. Sandy's horn grew burning hot, and the engineer grimaced in his sleep.

If she let go, the ring would snap back into position and his horn would return to normal.
    "Damnit. The ring won't come off." she says and speaks into the communicator. "False Alarm. We're going to need some sort of mage. The ring keeping him asleep appears to be physically impossible to remove, and even if it wasn't, it makes his horn burning hot." She says into the communicator.

Afterwards, and some traversing, Gwynfillion seemed to have lost her vigor for looking for bandersnatches and killing them. It didn't seem as interesting any more to plum abomination, it just smelled, boring. "Hey, dumb paladin. I've become bored, my interest in killing bandersnatches has waned immensely."
    "Any ideas for what to do next? Maybe give the stuff in that book a shot?" she asks, clearly joking.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Miss Loch--"
    She stepped in caught on the sight of Lochbed and the young master...sharing a bed together 'embracing' rather intimately, from her point of view. She had thought Ember better than that, she shook her head, though, Ember's drool puddle did mitigate most of those thoughts, now the scene before her just looked silly.

"Ahem, I am here to let you...two, know that breakfast is ready, forgive me if I'm intruding."
    The fae lets out a large yawn. She barely heard what Aubade said but she was up. After a stretch and turning off her stickiness, she taps Ember's shoulder. "Ember. Breakfast."

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "Damnit. The ring won't come off." she says and speaks into the communicator. "False Alarm. We're going to need some sort of mage. The ring keeping him asleep appears to be physically impossible to remove, and even if it wasn't, it makes his horn burning hot." She says into the communicator.
    "The whore doctor said we had to wake him first. G'Morning" said Rainbow as she enter the room. The sniper places her hooves on the sleeping stallion and started to shake him. "Wake up. You are dreaming. Wake up. I need you to wake up."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

7. - Top - End - #547
    Firbolg in the Playground

"We were sent by Senator Helga to investigate a rumor that a griffon was in ponylands. A griffon that participated in a battle without the knowledge of the griffon government." answered the griffon trio's leader. "Are you that griffon? And if not, where is your travel documents?"
    That name and title didn't really match together in the griffon's mind, but he has been gone a while. "I am, so that means you've succeeded in your task."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

"Any ideas for what to do next? Maybe give the stuff in that book a shot?" she asks, clearly joking.
    Her eyes furrowed angrily clearly not getting the joke immediately, she narrowed her eyes and hotly snorted. She then just growled letting go of her quickly built anger, bah, calming down took a lot out of her, violence just always smelled better.

"I don't know, but not that rubbish you suggested. Actually, lunch. And you'll provide it by whatever means. Whether you make the food yourself, or take me to where food is made."

The fae lets out a large yawn. She barely heard what Aubade said but she was up. After a stretch and turning off her stickiness, she taps Ember's shoulder. "Ember. Breakfast."
    He groaned, feeling icky and sticky, like a residue sticky, also, his drool puddle. In which he accidentally rolled his face against it. He yelped springing up.

"Oh that's so gross.....also....waaah....what are you?...What am I doing sleeping on the bed?...I didn't...we didn't. Oh the words, they just don't want to come out."

9. - Top - End - #549
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Oh. Um. No thanks. My armor is less...restrictive." And with that, she walks (well okay, stumbles) over near the furnace, ready for the work to commence.
    "I can make unrestrictive armour! Well, if ya're sure. Just remember that ya're the one gettin' mangled there. At least ya're still alive. Ya'll probly have something to work on soon."

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "...thanks! my dad made it for me, in a village with an iron mine, I guess it's the kind of ore that makes it so nice.....The village doesn't exist anymore though"

Then she mentioned bits.....wat?

"Um....ok, I think we can make a deal...but just one question: what are "bits"" He says a bit confused, back at home there weren't any of those.
    Blades fell over backwards.

"Ya don't... Ya don't... Ya really..." She could barely talk until she got her laughter under control. "Ya know... Currency! Coins! Little tiny bits of shiny metal with few practical uses except buyin' things with! That kind of 'bits'! 'N ya really don't know..."

As she got to her feet, she gave him a smile. "Well, if ya've got no bits, there's other options, like yar ol' bartrin'. A craftspony's got options, after all! Ya find some things that seem like they'd be worth the right amount 'n trade 'em! How about that? Now, watch how this works, Arvadraa, 'cause ya'd best be learnin' this too."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

10. - Top - End - #550

Blades fell over backwards.

"Ya don't... Ya don't... Ya really..." She could barely talk until she got her laughter under control. "Ya know... Currency! Coins! Little tiny bits of shiny metal with few practical uses except buyin' things with! That kind of 'bits'! 'N ya really don't know..."

As she got to her feet, she gave him a smile. "Well, if ya've got no bits, there's other options, like yar ol' bartrin'. A craftspony's got options, after all! Ya find some things that seem like they'd be worth the right amount 'n trade 'em! How about that? Now, watch how this works, Arvadraa, 'cause ya'd best be learnin' this too."
    He looks a bit more confused when she practically ROFLs

And when she mentions about barting for it instead, he gets a bit relieved, but also worried if he doesn't have anything good.
    "Um.... wait yeah I have something!

He starts searching inside his caparison, along the things he puts out while searching are a chunk of what appears to be iron ore, a rope, a red blanked he quickly hides back in while whispering to himself "..What-NO!", and then he finally put out what looks like 2 metal disks that make something that looks like a large yo-yo, he puts it on front of her.

"stand back"

He hits it once, then 4 wide blades come out from the inside part of each disk, making a high pitched metallic noise.

"It's a Throwing Glaive, works like a boomerang, when it hits something it bounces and hits something else, then comes back....I hope it's enought as payment"
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Blaze
    "That's 'cause it likes you, Brawny."
    "We'll go outside again once they're done with Sandy. For now...why don't you tell me something about your family?"
    "Family?" Brawny paused, leaving his carrots half-eaten. "I recall faces. Some more than others. Some dreaming. Some real. Some, not sure. Family. I...they were..." He fell silent, deep in thought as he distractedly poked at his carrots.

"The whore doctor said we had to wake him first. G'Morning" said Rainbow as she enter the room. The sniper places her hooves on the sleeping stallion and started to shake him. "Wake up. You are dreaming. Wake up. I need you to wake up."
    The little engineer put up no resistance, and was shaken all over the cot. But a little shake was no contest to the magical ring; it barely lit up as it had a few days ago, and Sandy remained fast asleep.

[Sandy - ???]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Wake up. You are dreaming. Wake up. I need you to wake up."

Again, the engineer was shaken awake by the sniper. Sandy groaned as he got out of bed. He must be losing his touch; that was the fourth or fifth time this week Rainbow had to get him up. Odd; he was usually on top of these sorts of things. In fact, he was usually the first one awake. So why was he...

Rainbow grabbed him by the hoof and dragged him out of his room by the engines. "Come on. Your turn for the inventory check." Right. The inventory. That was his job. The stallion walked through a whirlwind of scenes, checking off lists, taking stock, and letting the feeling of weirdness pass like an unwelcome memory.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-03-25 at 07:41 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

He groaned, feeling icky and sticky, like a residue sticky, also, his drool puddle. In which he accidentally rolled his face against it. He yelped springing up.

"Oh that's so gross.....also....waaah....what are you?...What am I doing sleeping on the bed?...I didn't...we didn't. Oh the words, they just don't want to come out."
    "Sleep together? Yes, we sleep with each other. Now it is time for breakfast." Of course Lochbed meant it literally and not the idiom. She lips out of the stocking and corset and pranced down to the first floor. "Awbade? Awbade? What's for breakfast?"

That name and title didn't really match together in the griffon's mind, but he has been gone a while. "I am, so that means you've succeeded in your task."
    "Can you give us a name to add to our report so we can be accurate?" asked the leader. The rude griffon attempted to speak but was quieted by a raised claw.
    "And your origin if able as well, ponyfound hatchling or citizen of a griffon city."

The little engineer put up no resistance, and was shaken all over the cot. But a little shake was no contest to the magical ring; it barely lit up as it had a few days ago, and Sandy remained fast asleep.

[Sandy - ???]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Wake up. You are dreaming. Wake up. I need you to wake up."

Again, the engineer was shaken awake by the sniper. Sandy groaned as he got out of bed. He must be losing his touch; that was the fourth or fifth time this week Rainbow had to get him up. Odd; he was usually on top of these sorts of things. In fact, he was usually the first one awake. So why was he...

Rainbow grabbed him by the hoof and dragged him out of his room by the engines. "Come on. Your turn for the inventory check." Right. The inventory. That was his job. The stallion walked through a whirlwind of scenes, checking off lists, taking stock, and letting the feeling of weirdness pass like an unwelcome memory.
    "That's not going to work. The easiest way to wake someone up is to convince them that they are dreaming. Tell him something illogical or something he can't believe. That will make the good instantly good. Then nature with shorten it." said Hover through the communicator.

"What something like... Hover Heart painted a rainbow? Captian Gearstride gave up exploding stuff? I, Second Lieutenant Rainbow Pepper hate shooting ponies?" Rainbow wonders aloud.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

"Sleep together? Yes, we sleep with each other. Now it is time for breakfast." Of course Lochbed meant it literally and not the idiom. She slips out of the stocking and corset and pranced down to the first floor. "Awbade? Awbade? What's for breakfast?"
    Ember just of course, blushed and glanced around nervously until he calmed himself down. He couldn't help but watch her slip out of the sexy clothes, it was distracting. He looked at Aubade who stood in the door wear with her 'professional' expression, that unperturbed look, and gave her a lame sounding good morning.

"Good morning young master,"
    She said with a bow before looking at Lochbed. "Well Miss Lochbed, strawberry pancakes and orange juice, or I can make coffee if that is your preference in breakfast beverages."

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

"That's not going to work. The easiest way to wake someone up is to convince them that they are dreaming. Tell him something illogical or something he can't believe. That will make the good instantly good. Then nature with shorten it." said Hover through the communicator.

"What something like... Hover Heart painted a rainbow? Captian Gearstride gave up exploding stuff? I, Second Lieutenant Rainbow Pepper hate shooting ponies?" Rainbow wonders aloud.
    This time, the runes glowed faintly. Something was getting through.

[Sandy - ???]

Spoiler
    Show
    "What something like... Hover Heart painted a rainbow? Captian Gearstride gave up exploding stuff? I, Second Lieutenant Rainbow Pepper hate shooting ponies?"

Sandy immediately popped his head out of the duct he'd been checking. "Rainbow? What're you..." The magenta mare giggled quietly and trotted on down the hallway as if nothing had happened. Sandy scratched his head. Odd...I don't think I've seen her tell a joke in, well, ever. Something's not right here...

Before the thought left his head, Silverpine came marching down the hallway, trying his very hardest to appear stoic while wearing a frilly dress. In the distance, the Captain's distinctive laughter echoed through the halls. Ohhh. Cap'n must've won something, and she put the both of them up to this. That makes sense.

...I think I'm going to hide, er, clean these ducts a bit more...
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-03-25 at 09:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa

And when she mentions about barting for it instead, he gets a bit relieved, but also worried if he doesn't have anything good.

He starts searching inside his caparison, along the things he puts out while searching are a chunk of what appears to be iron ore, a rope, a red blanked he quickly hides back in while whispering to himself "..What-NO!", and then he finally put out what looks like 2 metal disks that make something that looks like a large yo-yo, he puts it on front of her.

"stand back"

He hits it once, then 4 wide blades come out from the inside part of each disk, making a high pitched metallic noise.

"It's a Throwing Glaive, works like a boomerang, when it hits something it bounces and hits something else, then comes back....I hope it's enought as payment"
    Arvadraa grows a temporary genre savvy and glances to Blades. "I think that will buy you Equestria and a half from Blades, just as a rough guess..."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

16. - Top - End - #556
    Dwarf in the Playground

"stand back"

Blades sniffed at the weapon. "I'm not sure. It kind of looks big 'n clumsy, but it could work too. Well, I'll have to find out myself!"

Fortunately for both other occupants of the building, an Equestria Death Rat wandered by at this moment, giving Blades something other than them to target. Unfortunately for the Equestria Death Rat, the weapon did work quite well and Blades had good aim. She deftly caught the glaive as the rat keeled over.

"Oh, nice! That'll cover it for now, I reckon, although there might be some more expenses... Anyway, we'll get right on it once I'm done cleanin' up the blood."

17. - Top - End - #557
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Can you give us a name to add to our report so we can be accurate?" asked the leader. The rude griffon attempted to speak but was quieted by a raised claw.
    "And your origin if able as well, ponyfound hatchling or citizen of a griffon city."
    The griffon shows his right claw, still completely red and will always be. It's the mark of exile. "I'm sure the senator can find a name if she really desires."

He looks at the rude one, that one's got something to say and he might be interested in hearing it. "And before you ask, I was on the right side fighting the traitor."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa

Blades sniffed at the weapon. "I'm not sure. It kind of looks big 'n clumsy, but it could work too. Well, I'll have to find out myself!"

Fortunately for both other occupants of the building, an Equestria Death Rat wandered by at this moment, giving Blades something other than them to target. Unfortunately for the Equestria Death Rat, the weapon did work quite well and Blades had good aim. She deftly caught the glaive as the rat keeled over.

"Oh, nice! That'll cover it for now, I reckon, although there might be some more expenses... Anyway, we'll get right on it once I'm done cleanin' up the blood."
    "Don't worry about the mess, Blades, I've got it." With that, Arvadraa not only cleans up the mess, but uses a few random nearby items to perform seemingly bored emergency surgery, and has the rat back up and running fast as it can in moments. "Also, does blood cause rusting?" She takes out a blood-soaked knife she had on her person (pony? ponyson? bah.) and holds it up.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Sunny decides to take Hover's advice, and knows what might just be crazy enough to help.

"Blaze is being all calm and submissive, and Hover got him permanently turned into a girl because she didn't want to be the one wearing the dress at the wedding, Hover is bouncing around everywhere singing about how happy she is, Rainbow has developed a disgust for the taste of alcohol and has sworn to never touch another drop, Silverpine has become an actual pine tree with silver needles, captain Gearstride has sworn a vow of Celibacy that prevents her from making any comments, giving anypony any sort of sexy look, or even complimenting them, and Hot pony kisses are definitely out, and I've been turned into a ten foot tall Yellow-Footed Rock Wallaby riding on a platypus bear."

If he doesn't consider that to be a dream....clearly this crew gets up to too much crazy stuff for its own good.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-03-26 at 01:01 AM.

20. - Top - End - #560

"Family?" Brawny paused, leaving his carrots half-eaten. "I recall faces. Some more than others. Some dreaming. Some real. Some, not sure. Family. I...they were..." He fell silent, deep in thought as he distractedly poked at his carrots.
    Blaze
    "Just say what's in your heart, Brawny. They were...what?" Blaze said as he patted one of Brawny's hooves compassionately.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #561
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Don't worry about the mess, Blades, I've got it." With that, Arvadraa not only cleans up the mess, but uses a few random nearby items to perform seemingly bored emergency surgery, and has the rat back up and running fast as it can in moments. "Also, does blood cause rusting?" She takes out a blood-soaked knife she had on her person (pony? ponyson? bah.) and holds it up.
    "That's good of ya... Oh, ya've been fightin' back!" Blades patted Arvadraa on the back. "Ya're learnin' fast, girl. Ya might want to work on defence a bit, though... Well, blood's not good to just leave. If ya don't keep yar weapons cleaned, it can cause problems."

She cleaned the knife carefully and gave it back. "So what happened last night, anyway? Did ya kill the thing that tried to eat ya?"
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-03-26 at 04:53 AM.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ember just of course, blushed and glanced around nervously until he calmed himself down. He couldn't help but watch her slip out of the sexy clothes, it was distracting. He looked at Aubade who stood in the door wear with her 'professional' expression, that unperturbed look, and gave her a lame sounding good morning.

"Good morning young master,"
    She said with a bow before looking at Lochbed. "Well Miss Lochbed, strawberry pancakes and orange juice, or I can make coffee if that is your preference in breakfast beverages."
    "Mmmm... sounds good." shouts Lochbed from the stairs. "Hurry up, ye two ponies."

The griffon shows his right claw, still completely red and will always be. It's the mark of exile. "I'm sure the senator can find a name if she really desires."

He looks at the rude one, that one's got something to say and he might be interested in hearing it. "And before you ask, I was on the right side fighting the traitor."
    "I'm sure we can search through the records of exiles." said the leader. The griffon pulls out a notepad and scribbles something down.

The rude one takes his chance to speak. "An odd way to get an exile mark. Attackers of traitor typically don't get red claws. How do we know you went the traitor."

The beak of the quiet griffon stays closed.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

Sunny decides to take Hover's advice, and knows what might just be crazy enough to help.

"Blaze is being all calm and submissive, and Hover got him permanently turned into a girl because she didn't want to be the one wearing the dress at the wedding, Hover is bouncing around everywhere singing about how happy she is, Rainbow has developed a disgust for the taste of alcohol and has sworn to never touch another drop, Silverpine has become an actual pine tree with silver needles, captain Gearstride has sworn a vow of Celibacy that prevents her from making any comments, giving anypony any sort of sexy look, or even complimenting them, and Hot pony kisses are definitely out, and I've been turned into a ten foot tall Yellow-Footed Rock Wallaby riding on a platypus bear."

If he doesn't consider that to be a dream....clearly this crew gets up to too much crazy stuff for its own good.

Gearstride did her best not to laugh, it was hard. "Hot pony Kisses, utterly repulsive."
    ===================

"Mmmm... sounds good." shouts Lochbed from the stairs. "Hurry up, ye two ponies."

"Right.."
    Ember said watching her leave and then turned to look at Aubade. "I swear Aubade...I..we didn't do anything...!"

"You're affairs are really none of my business, my lord, but I believe you,"
    She closed eyes and slightly nodded. "Though, I do you wish you to be careful in your ventures. In the meanwhile, I suggest you wash up." She wanly smiled touching her cheek.

He stared dumbly with his mouth slightly ajar listening to her, he understood her warning wasn't necessarily about Lochbed, but he couldn't quite figure out at the moment what she was alluding to. "O-okay Aubade..I....alright," He said touching his own cheek feeling its icky feeling, yea, he was definitely going to go wash his face. Aubade left his room and went downstairs to Lochbed while Ember went to the bathroom to wash up.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Blaze
    "Just say what's in your heart, Brawny. They were...what?" Blaze said as he patted one of Brawny's hooves compassionately.
    After a long silence, Brawny spoke quietly. "Faces. They come to mind. Too many. Can't tell which is dreaming and which is real." The big earth pony's eyes began to water. "I...no idea...which ones are the real family..."

Gearstride did her best not to laugh, it was hard. "Hot pony Kisses, utterly repulsive."
    [Sandy - ???]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Blaze is being all calm and submissive...

On a path leading back to the Cirrus, Sandy stood ready with the rest of the crew, as some crazy pony they'd never met started rambling on and on about them. Sandy looked to Gearstride. "Cap'n, maybe we should take this one back to town. I think she's wandered a bit far from home-"

"...Rainbow has developed a disgust for the taste of alcohol and has sworn to never touch another drop..."

Sandy's ears perked up. Out of all the nonsense she'd spoken, this pony somehow got something right. About a pony she'd never met before. Maybe she wasn't as crazy as he-

"...and I've been turned into a ten foot tall Yellow-Footed Rock Wallaby riding on a platypus bear."

Scratch that; maybe she was more crazy than he thought.

"Hot pony Kisses, utterly repulsive."

Sandy looked to Gearstride in disbelief. "Cap'n? You feelin' alright?" No way that was sarcasm; that sounded completely different from her normal joking tone. Gearstride started to wink at him, then stopped and flicked back her mane. "Hot pony Kisses. I just find them utterly repulsive."

As Sandy stared at his other crewmates, a change came over all of them. Silverpine was now a lovely tree. Hover was acting like a hyperactive schoofilly. Blaze sat in silence, wearing an exceptionally pretty dress. Rainbow...well, nothing happened to her, she'd already sworn of the stuff. Where the crazy pony once stood was now a ten foot tall Yellow-Footed Rock Wallaby riding on a platypus bear. Sandy drew his knives all at once at the beast. "You turn them back right now, you crazy...whatever you are!"

It had been a stretch, but enough to keep some semblance of reality, and enough to keep Sandy asleep. The ring glowed brighter as it worked to keep the dreams believable.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-03-26 at 10:29 AM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

"Crap, I've got to go. Doctor Hooves needs me to come back to the Tardis so I can help him defeat the Shredder, because the Teenage Mutant Ninja Dragons and Master Sawdust got captured by the cheese grater. Doctor Hooves, I need you to use the Sonic Hammer to turn me back in a pony! That crazy pony in a sailor suit, Trixie Lulamoon, went on a transmutation rampage."

She decided to keep it up to try and make Sandy wake up.

Her player was assuming that if these things didn't exist in their world, it was just her rambling and making stuff up as she goes.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-03-26 at 11:11 AM.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

Even Gearstride was starting to think Sunny was crazy with her ramblings about comic book and tv show stuff. She held self doubts here about Sunny now.

"Lolwut?"

She shook her head of the thoughts. "Hey Rainbow, maybe you should wake up sleeping beauty with a kiss, a nice sloppy kiss." She grinned.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-03-26 at 11:15 AM.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Lochbed

Thee fae sat at the table patiently. "Ye kno' Ember and Ah dinnae mate last night. He is a good pony."

Grills

The unicorn colonel headed toward the blacksmithery in town. He needed to get a fresh lock picking set made. He knocked on the door.

Rainbow

"I have crossbows!" stinted the sniper. She enjoyed the chance to be silly. Even though it was hard to say that phrase.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

Lochbed

The fae sat at the table patiently. "Ye kno' Ember and Ah dinnae mate last night. He is a good pony."

"I know, he's a good pony, a little naive, but well meaning pony,"
    She said softly as a plate of strawberry pancakes slipped down her wings and in front of Lochbed. A plate slid off the other wing at a place for Ember.

"What would you like to drink Miss Lochbed?"

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

"Crap, I've got to go. Doctor Hooves needs me to come back to the Tardis so I can help him defeat the Shredder, because the Teenage Mutant Ninja Dragons and Master Sawdust got captured by the cheese grater. Doctor Hooves, I need you to use the Sonic Hammer to turn me back in a pony! That crazy pony in a sailor suit, Trixie Lulamoon, went on a transmutation rampage."

She decided to keep it up to try and make Sandy wake up.

Her player was assuming that if these things didn't exist in their world, it was just her rambling and making stuff up as she goes.
    Rainbow

"I hate crossbows!" stinted the sniper. She enjoyed the chance to be silly. Even though it was hard to say that phrase.
    [Sandy - Dreamworld]

Spoiler
    Show
    Sandy had the crazy pony/wallaby/thing at his mercy, all six of his knives at its throat. "Alright, you. You're going t'turn my crewmates back right now, y'hear?!"

The pony's eyes looped around in opposite directions. "Crap, I've got to go. Doctor Hooves needs me to come back to the Tardis so I can help him defeat the Shredder, because the Teenage Mutant Ninja Dragons and Master Sawdust got captured by the cheese grater. Doctor Hooves, I need you to use the Sonic Hammer to turn me back in a pony! That crazy pony in a sailor suit, Trixie Lulamoon, went on a transmutation rampage."

"That...wasn't helpful." He glanced back at his friends.

"Lolwut?"

"Gonna go with not helpful on that one."

"I hate crossbows!"

"Consarn it, Rainbow, not you too!" He paused and scratched his head. "Wait a minute, you didn't say anythin' about her and crossbows, how'd she-"

"Rainbow hates crossbows!"

"Now hold up, you can't say that after...oh, hay with it, turn them back now!"

The ring grew brighter...barely. Something was getting through, but dreams need a special level of surreal before any of that seemed out of place.

(Orzel, I think Rainbow missed a suggestion from Gear. That, or she has super selective hearing. )
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-03-26 at 12:14 PM.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Lochbed

The fae opened her maw and inhaled the top pancake like a vacuum. "Juice. Orange is fine."

Rainbow

The sniper moved up close to the engineer. She did not mind kissing Sandy. Not was she embarrassed to do it I front of everyone. "Is that an order, Captain?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater