New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: [d&d 3.5] Anyone want to crash a party? (IC)

1. You need to have the whole body with you to cast it, as with raise dead.
    2. Hallok objects. Don't. The fool will probably take revenge on me for sending someone so powerful after him. Megan may be able to fight Nerull alone, but I certainly am not. Believe me, until we sort out this "megan" business, Nerull is better off dead.

Hallok then gets an idea. He calls Raalzak to him, and asks the dragon to cast a Wish spell to bring the body of Nerull to him, pieced back together just as Nerull had been before he died. Hallok then creates three maximized Spheres of Ultimate Destruction.

He casts Limited Wish to emulate Revive Outsider. He readies an action to orders the spheres to crash into Nerull just as the spell finishes- due to this, Nerull's higher initiative does not matter, as he never rolls initiative, as it is all done on Hallok's turn (Nerull can't start a turn in the middle of Hallok's, after all). The spheres each do 30 damage each (or 240 if he fails a DC 65 fortitude save, which I doubt he could fail). This totals 90 damage, and, as Nerull is brought back with only 1 hit point/HD, he dies unless he has at least 80 total hit dice. Hallok then immediately removes a valuable black gem from his pack, and casts Soul Bind on Nerull, using Seal Fate and Spin Fate; Nerull must now make a will save (DC 85) or have his soul bound to a gem.
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Fates I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    Fates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Doomboy911 View Post
    [SIZE="4"]"Than to Grumsh we make haste to. perhaps his ferocity bears enough might. Garl if you'd be so kind as to transport us to his realm."[/SIZE]

Very well then... you are transported to Grumsh.

"I'm done with phase two and moving into phase three of my plan. How goes everyone else's plans?" I mentally message to everyone.
    "Hmm well Nerull's dead now and I'm kind of wondering if a reaper is going to come for him. Which would be interesting to watch. I'm going to go ahead and bring him back to life which sounds a little wrong with a god of death. I message to Hallok.

Welp casting revive outsider for Nerull.
    Nerull cannot be revived as he is an undead...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofFates View Post
    1. You need to have the whole body with you to cast it, as with raise dead.
    2. Hallok objects. Don't. The fool will probably take revenge on me for sending someone so powerful after him. Megan may be able to fight Nerull alone, but I certainly am not. Believe me, until we sort out this "megan" business, Nerull is better off dead.

Hallok then gets an idea. He calls Raalzak to him, and asks the dragon to cast a Wish spell to bring the body of Nerull to him, pieced back together just as Nerull had been before he died. Hallok then creates three maximized Spheres of Ultimate Destruction.

He casts Limited Wish to emulate Revive Outsider. He readies an action to orders the spheres to crash into Nerull just as the spell finishes- due to this, Nerull's higher initiative does not matter, as he never rolls initiative, as it is all done on Hallok's turn (Nerull can't start a turn in the middle of Hallok's, after all). The spheres each do 30 damage each (or 240 if he fails a DC 65 fortitude save, which I doubt he could fail). This totals 90 damage, and, as Nerull is brought back with only 1 hit point/HD, he dies unless he has at least 80 total hit dice. Hallok then immediately removes a valuable black gem from his pack, and casts Soul Bind on Nerull, using Seal Fate and Spin Fate; Nerull must now make a will save (DC 85) or have his soul bound to a gem.
    Seeing as Nerull cannot be revived... that sort of makes that plan null... meaning no need to roll for the save.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    You are quite possibly the best DM I have ever had.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

`` Hail mighty Grumsh we four come before thee with a challenge. Your mightiest against ours should you succeed we shall all perform one task for thee and swear that all under our power will bow at their name and never do harm to them. Should you fail though... Nevermind Grumsh thou would never be interested in a chance to prove that you are stronger than the mighty Kord. I mean you would hardly be able to handle her. She is a blind old woman after all. `` I turn and begin to walk away slowly.
    This is horrifying beyond anything Lovecraft ever wrote or Giger ever drew.

MCulpa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVopG...el_video_title
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192558

(Screw the point)-Doomboy911

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Scott View Post
    Nerull cannot be revived as he is an undead...
    I'm not sure whether or not you're using Deities and Demigods, but if you are, then you are incorrect- I just checked, and according to that, he is, in fact, an outsider, and has no undead qualities- he even has a constitution score.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-04-20 at 04:47 PM.

5. - Top - End - #425

BlackDragon

`` Hail mighty Grumsh we four come before thee with a challenge. Your mightiest against ours should you succeed we shall all perform one task for thee and swear that all under our power will bow at their name and never do harm to them. Should you fail though... Nevermind Grumsh thou would never be interested in a chance to prove that you are stronger than the mighty Kord. I mean you would hardly be able to handle her. She is a blind old woman after all. `` I turn and begin to walk away slowly.
    He chuckles softly I can beat anyone... and if she is blind, I have an advantage. he points to his singular eye.

I'm not sure whether or not you're using Deities and Demigods, but if you are, then you are incorrect- I just checked, and according to that, he is, in fact, an outsider, and has no undead qualities- he even has a constitution score.
    I have it... although he is an Outsider, I use him as a lich. Meaning if you wait long enough, he will return... I'm sorry if you don't like this way, it just seems logical o me...

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

He chuckles softly I can beat anyone... and if she is blind, I have an advantage. he points to his singular eye.
    Well then Gruumsh, then How about a wager on top of that?
    Last edited by Sir Rigel; 2012-04-20 at 05:37 PM.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I have it... although he is an Outsider, I use him as a lich. Meaning if you wait long enough, he will return... I'm sorry if you don't like this way, it just seems logical o me...
    Well then, never mind all that; pity, I was gonna use that soul as a bargaining chip to Asmodeus and/or Lolth.

Well then, Hallok summons a medium earth elemental, and has it burrow into the ground to harvest the crusader's body, and bring it to him. He does the same with the other two, teleporting to their graves. Assuming that all goes well, Hallok casts his new epic spell, Bloodbirth, on the three of them.

8. - Top - End - #428

BlackDragon

Well then, never mind all that; pity, I was gonna use that soul as a bargaining chip to Asmodeus and/or Lolth.

Well then, Hallok summons a medium earth elemental, and has it burrow into the ground to harvest the crusader's body, and bring it to him. He does the same with the other two, teleporting to their graves. Assuming that all goes well, Hallok casts his new epic spell, Bloodbirth, on the three of them.
    Well... that all goes well.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I plan on keeping those three for a while, and I'm aching to make some sheets- can I make sheets for the three of them? If so, what level are they?
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-04-20 at 06:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Well Grumsh is mighty mightier than many it would hardly be a challenge for him. So here`s the bet Grumsh if you beat her in combat we`ll all do you a favor, but should you fail that is if such a thing was in your power than you with all your power will aid us in finding someone strong enough or smart enough to defeat her. Than when they slay her all of us will bow before him or her and promise that us and everyone that worships or obeys will never bring harm to them.``

11. - Top - End - #431

BlackDragon

I plan on keeping those three for a while, and I'm aching to make some sheets- can I make sheets for the three of them? If so, what level are they?
    Yes, you can make sheets for them... they are lvl 20.

"Well Grumsh is mighty mightier than many it would hardly be a challenge for him. So here`s the bet Grumsh if you beat her in combat we`ll all do you a favor, but should you fail that is if such a thing was in your power than you with all your power will aid us in finding someone strong enough or smart enough to defeat her. Than when they slay her all of us will bow before him or her and promise that us and everyone that worships or obeys will never bring harm to them.``
    I'm ok with that.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I shake my hip bump my crystal ball out and balance it upon the side of my foot than kick it in the air. Than I scry for megan.

13. - Top - End - #433

BlackDragon

I shake my hip bump my crystal ball out and balance it upon the side of my foot than kick it in the air. Than I scry for megan.
    She just so happens to be standing in front of a massive splatter of blood... and a Hecatoncheires lies crumpled against a wall.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Oh my that is quite terrifying Grumsh mighty as can be we shall all understand if you do not wish to fight."

15. - Top - End - #435

BlackDragon

"Oh my that is quite terrifying Grumsh mighty as can be we shall all understand if you do not wish to fight."
    He giggles... So... the hecatoncheires made it... I was starting the get worried. Although, I had intended it on destroying Nerull... it showing me how powerful this woman is, is very valuable to me.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Wait what's important? the fact of how powerful she is or the woman herself. Also that hecatoncheire wasn't your mighty champion was it? Also I've got a double whammy deal for you I'll give you my champion if you can beat and tame her, if you can do it though you have to do us a favor."
    Last edited by Doomboy911; 2012-04-20 at 11:30 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437

BlackDragon

"Wait what's important? the fact of how powerful she is or the woman herself. Also that hecatoncheire wasn't your mighty champion was it? Also I've got a double whammy deal for you I'll give you my champion if you can beat and tame her, if you can do it though you have to do us a favor."
    The Hecatoncheires? No. That was not my champion... that was but a tool. What is the favor you would want?

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I don't know probably just a bit of armor or have you stand around looking menacing. I'm a man who moves mountains with a needle and a angle. I promise that you have to agree on whatever I ask. I may even ask you to pass some salt."

I scratch my chin for a moment thinking. "Should you fail in taming her provide me with a sash that lets me read minds when I tug on the sash. If that is not beyond you."
    Last edited by Doomboy911; 2012-04-21 at 10:52 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439

BlackDragon

"I don't know probably just a bit of armor or have you stand around looking menacing. I'm a man who moves mountains with a needle and a angle. I promise that you have to agree on whatever I ask. I may even ask you to pass some salt."

I scratch my chin for a moment thinking. "Should you fail in taming her provide me with a sash that lets me read minds when I tug on the sash. If that is not beyond you."
    That sounds quite reasonable. As for the item you want... It is a bit beyond me... but, I can try if you want.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I'd hate to take you out of your territory how about something of strength. Maybe gauntlets that increase the strength of the user to 1 1/2 stronger than whatever he's fighting. I being a magic user have little use for such a thing but it would be nice to have in my collection."
    Last edited by Doomboy911; 2012-04-21 at 12:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441

BlackDragon

"I'd hate to take you out of your territory how about something of strength. Maybe gauntlets that increase the strength of the user to 1 1/2 stronger than whatever he's fighting. I being a magic user have little use for such a thing but it would be nice to have in my collection."
    Do you realize how OP that would be?

I can make you gauntlets that make the user the same strength of whatever they are fighting... is that good enough?
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-04-21 at 12:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Overpowered in some aspects but in an epic campaigh there`s more to battle than physical might.

I could enjoy that though it`s unlikely that I`ll get them could I instead get something to tell me how strong someone is?

23. - Top - End - #443
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wait! I could use those gauntlets!
    It's not that I thrash around with them, I simply draw them in their elegance.

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]

24. - Top - End - #444

BlackDragon

Overpowered in some aspects but in an epic campaigh there`s more to battle than physical might.

I could enjoy that though it`s unlikely that I`ll get them could I instead get something to tell me how strong someone is?
    True...

I'm feeling generous... don't expect it to happen again but, I will make you the Gauntlets and a Helmet that allows you to understand how powerful something is in a numerical way. he then proceeds to craft them and hand them to you. They probably aren't as good as Moradin could do but, its better than nothing... am I right?

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Right I use that helmet on Megan through the crystal ball.

26. - Top - End - #446

BlackDragon

Right I use that helmet on Megan through the crystal ball.
    You learn that her strength is...
    OVER 9000!!!

To be more exact it is 41666684.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

So, Jack, how goes your quest?

28. - Top - End - #448
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

You learn that her strength is...
    OVER 9000!!!
    Thank You!

Still just looking at Gruumsh... kinda waiting for doomboy to crush the helmet

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

`` Grumsh have at her we`ll be waiting here for you.``

30. - Top - End - #450

BlackDragon

Gruumsh smiles With pleasure... After he says that he teleports into the air above Megan.

He falls 200 feet directly onto Megan.

Damage: Negligible.

Megan proceeds to grapple him... and she is successful.

Gruumsh tries to break the grapple but, can't.

Megan pins Gruumsh.

Gruumsh tries to break free but can't.

Megan asks Who sent you?

Gruumsh replies I don't know...

Megan clearly in disgust, Coupe de Grace s him. Head butting him and dealing massive amounts of damage.

She spits on the corpse. Insolent fool.
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-04-21 at 07:59 PM.