New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Fire Emblem: Weapons of War (IC)

Fire Emblem: Weapons of War

Freeport is under siege. Its militia, in conjunction with several contingents from Eldrath and its allies, is stretched to its limits. The Thrann army is amassed outside its walls, waiting for the moment to strike.

Currently, there is a lull in the fighting. Stationed at a stretch of the western wall, Simon surveys the few defenders under his command.

Simon the Brave
    Spoiler
    Show

The dreams have been getting stronger. They started shortly after you arrived in Freeport. Always the same, you see a shard of ruby, half-buried in rock deep underground, the darkness pushed back only by the gem's torch-like glow. It hums a haunting tone, as if echoing within your soul. When you listen closely, it sounds almost like words, but you can never make them out. With each passing night, the sound seems ever clearer, but never understandable.

Today, the dream lingers with you, despite your wakefulness. You can hear the mysterious tone in the back of your mind. When you focus on it, you can almost make out the words. But still they elude you.

Recruitment Thread
    OOC Thread
    Rules thread
    Last edited by Garryl; 2012-02-29 at 11:25 PM.
    A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Weapons of War (IC)

Karl leaned against the wall and ran a finger over the fresh scar. How on earth had it come to this? Snarling slightly he slammed his hand against the wall and sighed as he was forced to watch what was his home burn to the ground.
    Last edited by hunt11; 2012-03-01 at 04:33 PM.
    Herpestidae made my Naktem avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Simon sighed. He hated the dreams, they were pointless. He wanted dreams of battle. Dreams of conquest. It was worse now, now he couldn't stop thinking about it. He couldn't let his men and women see him like this. Besides maybe some formation practice would get his mind off the dream.

Okay, so there's the Dark magic user, Aega. The axe wielder Karl. The guy that fights with his fists Axel. But where's my staff user? Palla? Where are you?

OOC Yeah I figured Simon doesn't know Palla's a kid.

Also crap Simon and Karl have the same face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

(yeah, just assume that all Simon knows is her name and that she's a cleric, she's not enlisted)
    Fire emblem mug shop - Let me know if you set up a fire emblem game.
    My deviantart

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

I can always just use my old Corvis sprite.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Axel ran towards the remaining militia. A grimace on his face as he looked at the oncoming army. He had only been in Freeport a few days but the town and its inhabitants have been kind to him and he would rather die than let it be taken.

Axel stopped his sprint right in front of his current commander. He had yet to introduce himself and well, he may not get another chance to before the battle began. "Pleased to meet you Sir. Name's Axel, soldier from the town of Herran and currently enlisted as a member of the Freeport Militia. Although, I guess you probably knew that last part already. " Axel said the words somewhat awkwardly as if unsure of how he was supposed to introduce himself. "Sorry, sorry. I guess what I should be saying is, Orders Sir." He said the last two words a bit louder than he had wished and he hoped that the introduction did not go as bad as he thought it had.
    Last edited by WhiteTiger1221; 2012-03-02 at 09:03 PM.
    "If you are what you eat I must be pie!" - By a friend

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

A young girl wandered the deserted streets of Freeport. Her attire, white robes now soiled with mud and dirt, marked her as a follower of the teachings of Iber. Yet, there were no signs of her comrades who by all accounts had already boarded a ship back to their homeland. During the evacuation, Palla was knocked out by a frantic Freeport citizen, and when she came to, the only ones left were the soldiers barely holding their ground against an unknown, extremely powerful enemy.

Which way to go? To the empty docks, where there was no hope of returning to Antares, or in the opposition direction, towards the battlefield? While her mind had not come to a conclusion, her feet were already heading towards the latter destination. Some of the Freeport soldiers hailed her, they were confused but one asked, "We have many injured and are short on healers, even if you're a brat, we need all the help we can get." And so a frightened Palla became the newest member of the Freeport militia.

She was brought towards the militia's leader, a certain "Simon the Brave", exactly the opposite of how she was feeling. "M-my name is Palla and I know how to use a staff, and some Li-light magic." The truth was she had never used them in a serious confrontation, only in training. Her fingers trembled as she gripped her staff a bit stronger than she should have, and tears started to well up in her eyes.
    My deviantart

8. - Top - End - #8

Simon did take notice of Axel's greeting and fully intended to respond until he was distracted by a child claiming to be Palla.

Wait. Your name is Palla? What in the gods name is a child doing on the battle field?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #9

Kobold

As soon as Axel finished his greeting he noticed a young girl in healer's attire introducing herself to the captain as well. Saying that her name was Palla and that she planned to fight. What in the world? Axel thought in disbelief How could anybody let a child onto the battlefield. This girl couldn't be any older than 12. Axel was relieved when his captain expressed shock at this. The girl looked so scared, how could we even think about letting her fight.

Axel lowered himself down to the girl's height and kindly said "Palla if you want to help you should probably just stay back i'm sure that there are some medical tents where you can be of help without having to get involved with the battle. " As Axel spoke he noticed that she was close to tears. What dastard would have the heart to make her fight. Axel thought angrily as he continued to speak to her. "I'm also fairly certain that you can still evacuate if you wish it. I'm sure the captain here would be able to find a supply boat that you could travel with if all the evacuee boats are gone." Axel looked at his captain after he spoke the last words. Almost as if to say that they couldn't let her fight.
    Last edited by WhiteTiger1221; 2012-03-02 at 09:06 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Palla looked at the barefisted soldier. His words made sense; what use could a small girl have on the battlefield? But those words stung. She knew that right now she was useless, even though she bore a stigmata on her body, even though the Angelic Triad had once summoned her personally, even though she could produce the biggest ball of light at the contest last week. She hated this feeling and tried to work up her small amount of resolve.

"I-if I stay behind you, I should be s-safe? If you don't have a healer, then you might get killed..." Palla murmured barely audible at the end.

(To me, the most likely recruitment scenario for Palla is one where she stays behind but gets attacked anyway so it is decided that it is safest to stick with the party. So don't feel pressured to go OOC at any time.)
    My deviantart

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

A slim woman slowly makes her way over to Simon, burdened by a handful of heavy tomes clumsily stacked on top of eachother. "Excuse me, Sir Simon?" she interrupts, either oblivious that he is already in a conversation or uncaring of the fact. "You are in possession of a convoy, are you not? I have a number of books that I wish to deposit." Assuming he allows this, she returns with only a single thick book strapped under her arm.

"Well, then, your orders? I am not accustomed to a battle field setting, but I assure you my magic is quite capable of tearing enemies to shreds."

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

12. - Top - End - #12

Simon crouches down to meet the young girl at her eyes.

Listen Palla. We may die, but we know the risks. We chose to defend Freeport. But you're just a little girl. You don't know the risks. Even if you were behind me, someone could sneak past me and gut you. I agree with my fellow soldiers idea. If you still wish to help, you should stay with the medical tents. You can put your staff to good work there.

Simon turns to Aega.

I'm not sure if we have a convoy, but any books that are too heavy for you you can put in one of my saddlebags.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Standing up Karl walked towards the rest of the group before speaking up. "Sir, I think you might want to reconsider her offer. For now she might be safer back at the tents, but if the enemy breaks through the first place they will attack will be the medical tents, and the few guards they have will not be able to protect them. However, if she stays with us then we can personally ensure her safety, and if it looks like she is in danger I should be able to carry her to safety."

14. - Top - End - #14

Kobold

Axel considered the options. Having a healer could be useful and if the medical tents were attacked she would be in trouble. However it couldn't be any more dangerous than actually being on the battlefield, and it was their job to stop the soldiers from reaching the medical tents in the first place. Axel sighed and finally spoke up directing his words at the soldier who had just appeared.
    "Our job is to stop the Thrann soldiers from getting into the city and by extension to stop them from getting to the medical tents. So if we do our job's right then we will be able to protect her without her even being on the battlefield."

Axel then crouched down and directed his next words to Palla. "Palla, I'm sure you can be of just as much help working in the medical tents than you would be fighting on the battlefield, perhaps even more so." Axel tried to say these words as kindly as possible. Trying hard to not sound insulting.
    Last edited by WhiteTiger1221; 2012-03-02 at 09:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Palla sighed, expressing relief and discontent simultaneously.

"I understand, I'll stay in the tents. Please return safely, um, Sir Axel and Sir, er, I mean..." looking at the other soldiers whose names she had not gleaned.
    My deviantart

16. - Top - End - #16

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Water_and_Wind View Post

"I understand, I'll stay in the tents. Please return safely, um, Sir Axel and Sir, er, I mean..." looking at the other soldiers whose names she had not gleaned.

Hey just call me Axel, theres no titles amongst friends. Oh, and don't worry about us, we don't plan on losing.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, well what a relief, I was worried our current plan was to charge straight for their spears until they are too heavy for them to carry with all the impaled corpses. Wonderful."
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2012-03-02 at 10:37 PM.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

18. - Top - End - #18

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Blisstake View Post

"Oh, well what a relief, I was worried our current plan was to charge straight for their spears until they are too heavy for them to carry with all the impaled corpses. Wonderful."

Please, impaled bodies do not actually stick to the spears. Look I'll give you some advice, sarcasm works better when it has at least some basis in facts.

OOC: I can see this is going to be the start of a beautiful relationship.
    Last edited by WhiteTiger1221; 2012-03-02 at 10:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Aega's cheeks flush as she turns toward Axel. "You don't think I know that? That was the whole point of the st- oh! Forget it! Just get it front of me and take the hits since you obviously know more about their weapons than I do."

((Yup))

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

20. - Top - End - #20

Kobold

"Sorry princess. There's no need for you to get so worked up about it. I hear its bad for your complexion."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You guys are really funny." Although they seemed to be talking about rather horrible things, the scary lady and the kind man Axel seemed to have fun, and Palla couldn't help but loosen up and smile.
    My deviantart

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Karl kneeled down next to Palla and smiled at her. "My name is Karl, and don't worry we can take care of ourselves."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Palla recoiled slightly from the armoured axeman, because of his prominent scar. "Y-yes, please be safe, Karl. And, um, you don't need to bend down for me, I can see you clearly."
    My deviantart

24. - Top - End - #24

A young man comes running up to the fortifications. A blue tome peeks out from under his robes. He hesitantly addresses Simon.

"Sir? Private Anders reporting for duty, um, sir. I've got my water magic and I know a few small healing spells, sir, and I'm here to fight for my home. Um, sir!"
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

25. - Top - End - #25

Simon's face lights up at the man's appearance

Private Anders. I want you to be Palla's personal bodyguard. Escort her to the medical tents. And then protect her for the duration of the conflict.

26. - Top - End - #26

"Sir? But, um, I have my orders, and I was supposed to report here to held defend the walls, and now you're asking me to run away and, and some of my friends and the people I grew up with are fighting, too, and it's my home, too, and I'm not going to just hide where it's safe because I'm going to fight with them, too, one way or another, because it's the right thing to do and I'm not going to let them down! I'm staying right here!"

As he speaks, his confidence grows. A few moments after he finishes, Anders realizes what he just said and who he said it to. Sheepishly, he adds:

"Er, with all due respect, sir."
    Last edited by Garryl; 2012-03-03 at 03:09 PM.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Its just a personal belief of mine that when discussing something important you should always look that person in the eyes."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hunt11 View Post
    "Its just a personal belief of mine that when discussing something important you should always look that person in the eyes."
    ((Is that directed to Palla or Anders?))
    My deviantart

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Its directed at Palla

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hunt11 View Post

"Is that so... wait, is that scar fresh? Is it disinfected properly? I can help with that."
    My deviantart