New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Yup'ik

1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Yup'ik

Mark scans the lake with a practiced eye, albeit an eye that's practiced in seeing things obey the laws of gravity. These squagila-sized tunnels, the smooth floor, the crystals that repel humans, the fact that the tunnels seemed designed to misdirect, the fact that there was not a soul to be seen here...

And then there was the current itself, with a clearly-marked perfectly straight path over the centre and some streams of water that... well... were having far too much fun telling gravity where to shove it. It was all horribly suspicious, that much went without saying. Stryker and Marshall just stared, all previous actions temporarily forgotten.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122

Kaori Matsuo

Despite the low ceiling of the tunnels, Kaori would manage to stay mounted anyhow, simply turning around and lying down on Jin's back, one leg on each side. Her camera in hand, she'd take pictures of the odd tunnels as they progressed, having Jin raise his head a couple of times to show just how small they really were; the Rapidash barely missed grazing his head off the smooth rock, and yet, it was smooth enough that it was completely unnecessary for him to duck his head, though he did so instinctively anyways. Otherwise, she simply relaxed, humming softly to herself as they progressed. With such smooth riding, she didn't even need to guide Jin, and he'd warn her if anything interesting came up. A simple instruction to just 'follow Mojave', and that was that.

Things certainly got interesting later, as the odd crystals started to appear. Kaori wouldn't bother touching them; she had been in an ice cave before, after all, and while they were certainly unique, she had no gloves on, and didn't really want to get them out when she could be taking pictures. Instead, she did just that: take pictures. From Jin's back, she would roll onto her side, still on top of the Rapidash, one arm around his neck for balance, while the other would hold the camera, snapping photos of the odd crystals in the walls and ceiling of the tunnels.

But it wasn't until they reached 'current' that Kaori finally sat up again in wonder. A small gasp would leave the girl's lips as she stared, before bringing the viewfinder to her eyes, carefully adjusting the lens as she began to take photo after photo. Floating water, twisting and bending through the air as it flowed, defying the laws of gravity... "Amazing... I wonder what those scientists and Girard would think of this...?" And with a small smile, she'd bring the camera down as she looked about for pokemon, only to be disappointed. "I thought there were wilds here...? Not that this isn't great, but... I was kinda looking forward to taking some photos of those Omanyte."

She'd reach into her hip pouch, taking out a pokeball. "Well, at least it's huge." And she'd send out Karei, bringing her camera up moments later as the beautiful Milotic came out. It was impossible to resist; a picture of the most beautiful pokemon, surrounded by strangely floating streams of water and eerily pretty frozen crystals. She'd snap the photo, Karei remaining still until she heard the click. "Thanks, Karei. Sorry I haven't brought you out in awhile. I wanted to give you a chance to stretch." The girl would smile. "Can you check out this lake? It's pretty amazing, but there were supposed to be pokemon here. Can you find out where they went? Or if there's anything interesting that we can't see from up here?" And the Milotic would dive into the water to begin her search.

Jin, for his part, would walk up to the water's edge, leaning down to get a drink. Unlike Terra, he would simply warm up the water directly near him before beginning to lap at it; while cold water was enjoyable, frigid water was not. His body would warm it up before it reached his stomach either way, but it was not as if it took any effort on Jin's part to make it more pleasant to drink.

While he drank, and Karei began to swim around, Kaori would dismount, taking the big padded bag off of her back and putting it on Jin. Adjusting the straps, it would hang securely on his right side. "Probably best if you carry these for now, Jin, in case I fall in the water. You're always nice and warm, after all."
    Last edited by Nyna; 2012-03-28 at 09:07 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Despite having to stoop to get through the tunnels, Matt was thankful for their smoothness. It was odd though. How did they form? They seemed almost form fitted to the Squagila, which was odd in and of itself since they couldn't tunnel. Though what if there was a variant? What if there was something that stayed deeper down that they didn't know about, that carved the paths before finding a new place to roam deeper below in less traveled tunnels? What if-
    His thoughts were cut off as they came to the Current. He just stared for several minutes, before Jormungandr nudged him in the back and nodded over to Kaori and Karei.
    "Right...Migraine, please go with Karei. Thanks Jormungandr."
    He scratches Jormungandr's cheek under the bad eye, a sign of trust and happiness between the two since he had trouble with that. He looks at the stones and the water. Meanwhile, Migraine nods and slips into the water.
    "...I think I have a couple theories."
    He pulls out a box and his watch. Opening the box, a small stone radiating dull, orange light glows.
    "First off, does anyone have something notable and small that they can put into a nearby stream? Something shiny, like metal dust. Quite a bit of it, too. I want to see if the lake's self feeding. And possibly not a lake at all. Also, who thinks these are an ice version of evolution stones?"
    He scans the lake, just to see. Either gravity wasn't playing by the rules, or this was something different...
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-03-28 at 11:13 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Kenshin did nothing more than poke at the crystals with his sword. If he had an ice pokemon with him he might have tried to take one, but he only had six pokemon and none of them particularly liked ice.

Upon seeing the Current Koyomi laughed again. 'Now that is something you don't see every day. I know who would like to see this. Come out little Zabuza.' He threw a blue netball and out popped a small Dewott. The youngest member of Koyomi's team appeared and pulled off his shells, looking around for anyone to fight. After a few seconds he realised there was no-one to fight and looked a bit embarrassed. Then he noticed the Current and it's strange gravity and simply stared in amazement.

After a look at his trainer and a nod from Koyomi, the young Dewott run up the samurai and splashed the floating water above Koyomi's head, soaking the samurai. Kenshin had already flown away before he could also get him.

'Go have some fun, explore.' said the now dripping Koyomi, a smile upon his face. The Dewott jumped in after the Milotic and began to swin after it.

'I'm in half a mind to jump in after them. Cold water is good for meditation. Plus how many people can say they swam in an anti-gravity lake. What say we stop here for lunch. The water pokemon can get some exercise and we can all keep an eye out for the omanyte.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"I'll make something for us while we work on general science, how's that?"
    He puts down the stone for a minute and pulls out a pokeball, sending out a magmar with all kinds of cutlery and cooking supplies strapped to his back that begins gawking.
    "Pyroclast, set up!"
    "Mag!"
    A quick nod, and Pyroclast pulls the gear off, getting set up. There was time to stare later. Now, though, it was time to cook.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-03-28 at 11:33 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Koyomi pulled out another pokeball and summoned his gallade Tapion. As soon as the pokemon was out the ball it pulled a victory pose in the direction of Kaori, but she was still fixing Jin's bags. As soon as he realised he wasn't getting his picture taken, he got smacked on the back of the head by Kenshin. Koyomi might have been the master of his team and technically the leader, but Kenshin was the disciplinarian. The farfetch'd started shouting at the gallade, but Koyomi put himself between the two.

'Tapion, could you use your leaves to see how this stream works? I know it might be hard to do, but don't worry. I'm sure Matt will make sure you get an extra large serving for helping him with his experiment.'

Tapion gave Matt a cheeky grin and a quick salute before getting to work. He swung his arm and several glowing leaves came out. They floated in the air for a second before flying towards the water and landing in it, still glowing green. When they floated away Tapion dropped to one knee, seeming to need a lot of effort to keep the leaves summoned. But he would try his hardest to last as long as possible.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Faith shakes her head and pulls out a Pokeball, sending Buck out. "Follow those two, they might need your help." He nods and dives in to the Current, displacing a fairly large amount of water all over the shore. He's faster on water than on land, and finds himself right at home in the icy water. Terra flinches at the splash and bleats.

"Come on you guys, play nice with each other," Faith says. It almost sounds like a recitation, one she's said many times before. "So, there's supposed to be stuff here, right? Can someone tell me what we're looking for, besides a bunch of crazy cave-dwelling Murkrow?"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Buck's joining you, Karei, and Zabuza, Migraine.
    Matt looks up as Faith asks.
    "Well, the reason we're interested in this area is because of the omanyte that likely live here. Blue coloration, spiral shell, small tentacles it uses to propel itself out of a hole in the front. They evolve into...I believe omastar. Anyway, they used to live in ancient times, dying out with the end of the prehistoric age. You see them occasionally when someone successfully revives a fossil, but if we're right about what Mojave's describing, this would be the first naturally occurring wild population found in a very long time."
    Pyroclast fills a pot with water, and it shortly begins boiling. He offers some to Terra.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-03-28 at 06:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129

Ferlyn would follow easily enough. Stooping and all that was a typical part of any cave, which is where a good many of her pokemon had been captured in the first place. She was still getting over the idea of this kid having a Milotic as a partner, but pushing that from her mind, she'd press on. And reaching the bizarre, and empty cavern, she wouldn't say a word, not from being stunned, but the fact that she had water flowing, above her, made her a bit wary. She'd raise a gloved hand, making a half fist and pressing her index knuckle into the water, as she continued to spy around. Coko wasn't any more pleased, not being able to follow anyone into the water. No matter what the girl would discover, she'd take the second pokeball on her belt and look into it. "I don't really like showing off, but I think it's for the best. Izumi."

She'd casually toss the ball forward, as her unique Haunter would rise out. It was the same style as any other Haunter, except it's body was covered with an armor, which for lack of a better description was similar to Aron's. Smiling at the ghost type, Ferlyn's hand would raise. "You are the best for exploring places like this. I want to know where these missing wilds are... and what exactly is going on. There's a few like you, so don't be afraid to ask for help."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Listening to Matt and Faiths conversation, Koyomi chips in. 'Plus, if Omanyte exist, then there is a small chance that Kabuto might as well. And Kabuto evolves into Kabutops. That is the epitome of pokemon swordsmanship, the first ever blade pokemon. I would love to see one in real life one day.' He seems to be smiling and radiating joy. It was a little strange seeing the second oldest member acting like a kid in a candy store.

He then spots Ferlyn sending out her armoured haunter. 'My, my, my. That is one impressive Haunter. I also have a pokemon who wears armour. Zoro wears some, hoping one day to evolve into a Scizor. Remind me to introduce him to you latter, I'm sure he'd be pleased to meet a steel master like you.'

11. - Top - End - #131

Marshall hides his feeling of crippling clothing inadequacy by tilting his hat downwards over his face. Stryker cautiously examines the water, wondering if he should try and swim in it.

Mark on the other hand, finally deigns to speak. "This place.. I don't think anyone this side of the mountains has ever seen it before. But... it's all horribly supicious. The ice crystals, the smooth floor and - I don't know if anyone noticed this, but the tunnels were twisting in a way that felt like it was DESIGNED to confuse. And the way they fit the Squagila perfectly, too -someone or something made these tunnels." He nods to Marshall. "Marshall, levitate over to the other side of that crossing. I'll send Heimdall up to investigate where the gravity-defying streams are coming from." Right on cue he releases the Braviary, as Marshall floated over the central passage. With a gesture, Mark sends Heimdall to have a good look at the streams.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Couple theories on that actually, Mark. Hope I'm wrong about this lake being a pokemon that carved everything out, but you never know. Another is there's either a group of pokemon or human group trying to keep human activity down while they set up a unique ecosystem. Tapion is helping with a theory on water flow-that it's self feeding and cycling. Anyone else have a theory they want to share?"
    He looks around, hands still holding the Dawn Stone and the watch.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-03-28 at 08:51 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133

"Well, magnetism's out. Ferlyn would've noticed something by now, if that were the case. Let's see if I can remember... Yes. Is the roof charged in any way? Hmm. No, probably not. This cave's definitely created, but it looks like the two theories you have are the ones to go on, which means... either we have some conservationists on our hands or it's a very bad idea to drink that water."

Heimdall has ascended to the top of the cave by now and is peering around, while Marshall continues his exodus. "Another thing, that shallow area is rather suspiciously straight. Like it was built, or something. Could be a simple means of getting across. Or it could be a trap." The Gengar stops nervously, looking like he had made the same conclusion.
    Last edited by Steilos; 2012-03-28 at 09:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Well, Mojave and his family at least have been drinking from here for what can be assumed to be years, and it seems normal to him, so it may actually be safe-at least for pokemon. If it is a pokemon, it could just be so big that it doesn't notice, or needs something from them in turn."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

'Listen, you two. You keep talking like this lake is a pokemon itself, but that seems to be stretching it a bit far. Not even ditto can turn into a liquid. Besides, if it was alive I'd notice it's aura, and I haven't so far. You need to stop worrying so much.'

As if to prove a point, Koyomi looked at the stream above his head. He reached up, scooped out some of the freezing water, then drank some.

((I figure if anyone is going to try drinking this stuff, it might as well be the guy who should be able to handle it if is bad))

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Terra eagerly drinks some of the boiling water, apparently finding it much more to her taste than the frigid Current.

Faith shrugs. "So, we're looking for Tentacool wearing spiral shells. Cool, I guess. They do some restoration in Oreburgh. I've seen a couple of those revived Pokemon - mostly Cranidos. Seems to be a bit of a thing, really." She takes another look at the Current. "People might have made the bridge, but the crystals and the Current, that's something else. It would take amazing power to keep the water floating, never mind the fact it always takes the same path. I doubt the water itself is a Pokemon, but... I believe a Pokemon is the cause of the Current being like, well, like this," she says, gesturing at the floating rivers.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2012-03-28 at 10:29 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Yup'ik: Combat #2

Several pokemon took to the water, a few more to the sky. The water was quite refreshing - if not palatable.

Abrupty, at once, literally all of the pokemon jerked up.

The action was far too simultaneous for anyone to not notice - literally every pokemon jerked in relative surprise at once, all facing along the pathway.

And a couple moments afterwards, an array of pokemon came into view. There were ten of them - a murkrow, a honchkrow, a pair of lotad, a whimsur, a loudred, a sandshrew, a glalie, an aeshna, and a squamata.

The more perceptive of party members were aware that those pokemon absolutely were not there a short time before. Now granted, the psychic move teleport could be used to suddenly bampf a pokemon in, but... I mean, sandshrew? Mojave's reaction was similarly notable - his eyes darted from loudred, to honchkrow, to sandshrew, to glalie - as if he'd never seen them before. His eyes then locked on the squamata - confused and startled, he slowly backed up to where Matt was. The encoming pokemon were relatively silent, save for some aggressively hostile growls.

Fortunately, however, a combination of your pokemon giving that short amount of advance warning and the fact that the encoming pokemon weren't adjacent to you enables both sides to basically begin at once - a half moment of prepration before combat exploded once more - much more sudden than before, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler
    Show

Combat has begun! Everyone post your round one actions - pokemon beyond your 'one/two' limit will back off as relatively normal. Please post speed as normal.

While not an immediately obvious effect, each pokemon that drank from the water (including Terra) has all of their capabilities temporarily boosted by two. This doesn't effect Koyomi, though - although the water is still refreshing.

Anyone using aura perception or something similar, please post that you're doing so and I'll PM you information.

In addition, everyone make me a perception check for an slightly unrelated reason to the pokemon in front of you, heh.

Targets for convienience:
    Front: murkrow, honchkrow, Lotad A, sandshrew, whimsur
    Back: loudred, glalie, Lotad B, aeshna, squamata
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-03-29 at 12:20 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(1d20+7)[12]-perception
    "What the he-oh. That's bad."
    He feels Mojave back into him, and he looks down.
    "We'll cover each other, Mojave. Trust in the team. Jormungandr, frontline! Support role!"
    Again tense and alert, Jormungandr slithers to the front, hissing. Matt brings his cane up, fencing style.
    "Just keep an eye on the airborne ones..."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-03-29 at 01:19 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: 1d20+1
    20+1 = 21

Izumi's effective stats

HP: 70
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 10
    S. Atk: 25
    S. Def: 15
    Speed: 20

Sky: 10

Tilting her head at the swordsman she'd nod at his desire to discuss armors and steel types. The chance to investigate other pokemon would certainly help, and he seemed honest enough about it. Nodding once she'd grin. "Not a problem, I'm the Steel Expert here after all, any-" Her words would be cut short at the appearance of the wilds, causing her to look away from the man and quickly assess the situation.

Ferlyn would smile as she clicked her tongue, and watched Coko jump back, protecting her. Seeing Izumi half phased through the ceiling she'd motion towards the sudden entrance of clearly hostile wilds. Still looking for that chance of a steel type, and feeling disappointment by the lack of them, she'd flick her finger forward. "Izumi, move forward hit that front row. I want a Confuse Ray on that entire flank, understood?" Ferlyn wouldn't really require a response, but she couldn't help but giggle silently in her mind, from the little "Haun~" that was her response.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

"Lily, to me! Terra, Mud-Slap at the Squamata. Buck, bring that Honchkrow down," Faith calls out, instantly shifting to a more battle-ready stance. Lily scrambles behind her trainer, peering at the auras of the new and unfamiliar Pokemon. Buck will leap up out of the water at the offending bird - he knows exactly what moves are his best and most of the time, Faith didn't even need to say the exact moves because she'd used it so many times for the same tactic. If something needed to go down, Waterfall was the move to make it fall.

Meanwhile, Terra would snort and do.. something that is more explode-y than a Mud-Slap. "Wait, since when can you use Earth Power?" Faith asks the little yellow Numel. Terra doesn't respond. Unsurprisingly.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: 2

Active Pokemon: Buck and Terra. Lily uses Aura to examine the newcomers. And the water, for that mater.
    Simple+Moody=Madness! Buck falls 25% in Special Defense, gains +100% Defense.

Buck: HP 91/91, Attack 15, Defense 10 (20), Special Attack 14, Special Defense 10 (7), Speed 15. Next stat shift: (1d4+1)[4] rounds.

Terra: HP 89/89, All Capabilities +2, Speed 2.

Buck uses Waterfall on the Honchkrow Accuracy - (1d20)[12] 2+Physical Evasion Damage - (2d12+41)[59] If that Honchkrow is airborne, add (1d12)[11] damage.

Terra uses Earth Power on the back row (she leveled after that last battle, perk of being an Ace Trainer): Accuracy - (1d20)[19] Everyone it hit (i.e. everyone) also has their Special Defense drop 1 Combat Stage. Against 2+Special Evasion Damage - (3d10+43)[62].

I suppose the moral of this story is do not deny Terra the chance to Mud-Slap things?
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2012-03-29 at 01:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141

Perception: (1d20)[14]
    "Ah. Trap. Probably should get back here Marshall." Marshall ducks backwards a few meters and begins to form a Confuse Ray out of pure instinct. Mark levels the stylerbuss at the pokemon on the other side, always ready to blast them into oblivion with Hyper Beam. Stryker and Heimdall back off, leaving just the rather nervous Gengar to get to the blastin'.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Confuse Ray!
    Aimed at the honchcrow, will hit its counterpart in the back row
    Last edited by Steilos; 2012-03-29 at 05:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142

Kaori Matsuo

Just as she finished securing the last strap of her padded pack onto Jin, her Rapidash and Karei would look up suddenly, startling the girl for a brief moment. "What is- Aah! Jin, you stay here, since you have the eggs, okay? Karei!" Always the fastest to react, she'd step around her big Rapidash, bolting across the cavern floor and leaping at the edge, landing atop her Milotic and scrambling forward up her long body. "Okay, I'm on! Karei, try not to go underwater unless you have to, okay? Let's go! Forward!" And the Milotic would cruise through the water, nearly as fast as Jin on the land, setting herself up on an easy flanking position with Kaori's guidance. The young girl would stand, taking a picture of the opposing pokemon as they began to prepare to fight, the bright flash helping to disorient them somewhat.

"Time to test out your new move, Karei! Blizzard!" Karei would take a deep breath, and a blast of frozen air would fly towards the hostile pokemon. The moisture in the air would crystallize as it suddenly cooled down to below freezing, a layer of frost forming across the rock and water. Parts of the streams in the air, caught in the blast, would nearly freeze completely from the powerful blast, at least briefly, as the explosion of frost and ice would collide with the wild pokemon, slamming into them with the power of gale force winds. Murkrow and Whismur, being smaller than most of their compatriots, would find themselves sheltered from the blast by their larger companions, but others did not fare so well, some completely freezing on impact. Loudred in particular would take the full brunt of the attack, as the air currents of the cavern directed more of the frigid air onto it than most.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lots of dice rolls again! They are here and here.

Perception: (1d20+6)[11]

Wild Photo: (1d20+6)[14], Value: 280 Pokebucks

Flash, 4 meter burst, hits on 2, +1 to AC for encounter:

Front Row:
    Murkrow: (1d20)[11], hit
    Honchkrow: (1d20)[18], hit
    Lotad A (1d20)[19], hit
    Sandshrew (1d20)[20], hit
    Whimsur (1d20)[9], hit

Back Row:
    Loudred (1d20)[13], hit
    Glalie (1d20)[12], hit
    Lotad B (1d20)[2], hit, unless speed evasion applies? Not sure
    Aeshna (1d20)[18], hit
    Squamata (1d20)[17], hit

Blizzard! Hits on 7, Ice Type, special, 5d10+20 base, column 3, freeze on 16-20:

Attack:

Front Row:
    Murkrow: (1d20)[1], miss
    Honchkrow: (1d20)[10], hit
    Lotad A (1d20)[10], hit,
    Sandshrew (1d20)[16], hit, frozen
    Whismur (1d20)[3], miss

Back Row:
    Loudred (1d20)[20], CRITICAL, frozen
    Glalie (1d20)[9], hit
    Lotad B (1d20)[7], hit, though probably miss from evasion
    Aeshna (1d20)[17], hit, frozen
    Squamata (1d20)[12], hit

Damage (+20 from SpA):

Honchkrow: (5d10+40)[60], super effective
    Lotad A: (5d10+40)[73]
    Sandshrew: (5d10+40)[63], super effective
    Loudred: CRITICAL, (10d10+60)[112]
    Glalie: (5d10+40)[65], not very effective
    Lotad B: (5d10+40)[67]
    Aeshna: (5d10+40)[76], not very effective
    Squamata: (5d10+40)[58]

Just like to ask the group to avoid hitting frozen pokes with Fire, Fighting, Rock, or Steel moves, they should make good captures (if conscious). Also, Karei has 15 speed, so any pokes that are faster than her in that group are probably not going to get hit, and naturally, if you're faster than her, I wouldn't recommend moving into melee this turn!

Karei's Capabilities are +5 while mounted, I imagine swimming in the water doesn't give the +2 boost from drinking it, though I doubt it matters with Surface 19.

Karei's current status:

Stats:
    Attack 4
    Defense 20
    Special Attack 20
    Special Defense 25
    Speed 15 (+2 stages from mounted)
    Hit Points: 106/106
    Current Status Effects: None

Physical Evasion: 4 (20/5)
    Special Evasion: 5 (25/5)
    Speed Evasion: 1 (15/10)

Last edited by Nyna; 2012-03-29 at 10:27 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(And since everyone else is rolling attacks...
    Pyroclast HP 77, def 13, sp attack 24, sp def 13, speed 17
    Jormungandr (set up for round two) HP 86, attack 22, def 11, sp def 11, speed 12)
    "Pyroclast, fire spin the glalie."
    Looking up from his work, he looks annoyed at the interruption to his preparations. People always wanting to fight...Pyroclast inhales and sends out a wheel of fire that hopefully slams around the glalie.
    (1d20)[17] 4+sp. def
    (1d12+24)[31] (super effective)
    (1d4+1)[4] rounds trapped.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-03-29 at 08:53 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Koyomi gulps down the water and grins.

'See, nothing to worry about'

But as he says that everyone starts attacking behind him and he turns to see a bunch of mixed pokemon. He notices three evolved pokemon and tries to read ones mind, picking the glalie. He wanted to know what was going on, how they all got there.

As he reaches for his pokeballs to summon Ichigo and Mugen, Kenshin taps him on the head with the leek and points to the two pokemon already out. Tapion had stopped maintaining the magical leaves dashed for the biggest threat to him (the honchcrow), and Zabuza jumped out and rushed the other one in the front ranks, smacking it with his shells. Tapion dashes at the crow and performs a running slash, cutting it as he passes and pulling off a pose at the end. He was probably trying to show off to Zabuza and the new pokemon. It was never good when the two big hams of Koyomi's got out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Koyomi:

Perception: (1d20+1)[19]
    Aura thoughts: (1d20+5)[19] succeeds, on the Glalie

Zabuza: Using Razor shell on sandshrew A

Ac: (1d20)[12], hits and lowers defence
    Damage: (2d12+31)[36], water type, (would be 43 if he counts as drinking water)
    Speed: 4 (or 6 with water)

Tapion: Slash at the Honchcrow, moving past it using 'pass'

AC: (1d20)[7], 2+physical def, crits on 18-20
    Damage: (2d12+32)[44], normal type, pass
    Speed: 20 but using pass to hopefully dodge the blizzard
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-03-29 at 01:11 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

The gengar in the snazzy hat and the haunter with the shimmering armour both release an almost identical light at about the same time. They resonate, synchronize, and the resulting light shines throughout Current, dazzling the assorted hostile pokemon.

The Aeshna responds by releasing a surge of frost, which coalesced through the air directly at Marshall. Unlike the previous one, this Aeshna is relatively silent - only the sounds of its rapidly beating wings as it moves making noise.

Tapion is next to react - and delivers a fierce slash against the Honchkrow. Again, it doesn't even yelp in pain - In fact, all the pokemon are similarly silent - they're not at all stealthy, mind you, just not talking.

Pyroclast then takes a deep inhale, and sends a blast of flames at the glalie - and said blast is met in the air by a fierce return ice beam, which takes the magmar somewhat by surprise - although given his fiery nature, it doesn't sting too much.

The two birds, however, took the golden opportunities to strike out themselves - the murkrow at Marshall, the Honchkrow at Pryoclast. Both of the assurances struck home, biting into the two pokemon even as they recoiled from the first blow.

...which was when the Honchkrow was sidewindered by Buck's waterfall, sending the bird careening to the ground, quite unconscious.

Inches in front of the bibarel was a surge of ice from Karei, alongside the flash of a camera. The milotic's ice washed over the enemy group, smashing into the Loudred particularly fiercely; he and both lotads went down hard.

This was when the honchkrow glowed with a soft purple light, vanishing from the location. It was probably something akin to the teleport ability some psychics had, but there was no psychic anywhere nearby.

The unaffected Whimsur opened her mouth, and the beginnings of a very loud series of noises began - when it seemed to cave in on itself, the confusion doing its job. The enemy squamata's horns glinted with electricity as a shockwave bursted into the two that had been near the honchkrow.

A second burst coated the rear pokemon, as Terra sent a burst of power from the earth - this wracked the back row, and mixed with the blizzard from earlier, the glalie went down. The squamata went down particularly fiercely, distorted and blurred from the potent quake.

And, amidst the bursts, Zabuza leapt forward with a dazzling upward swing - almost as though he had been waiting for the perfect timing to do so. His target was a tenacious little sandshrew, though, and barely managed to hang on.

The remaining fallen pokemon either teleported or were teleported away just as the honchkrow did, with a brief delay between each one. The remaining pokemon, however, advance much the way they had before.

Spoiler
    Show

Effects to PCs & PC's pokemon:
    Marshal - 38 ice damage, spdef not applied. Then, 42*2 (Super effective) = 84 dark damage, def not applied.
    Pyroclast - 59 / 2(Not very effective) = 29 ice damage, spdef not applied. Then, 51 dark damage, def not applied.
    Tapion - 29 electric damage, spdef not applied
    Bibarel - 29 * 2(Super effective) = 58 electric damage, spdef not applied.

List of events as they occured:
    Marshal used confuse ray!
    - loudred, glalie, Lotad Back, aeshna, and squamata are confused!

Aeshna used Aurora Beam!
    - Marshal took 38 ice damage (spdef not applied)

Izumi used confuse ray!
    - murkrow, honchkrow, Lotad A, sandshrew, and whimsur are confused!

Tapion used Slash!
    - Honchkrow is struck!

Glalie used Ice Beam!
    - Pyroclast took 59 / 2(Not very effective) = 29 ice damage, spdef not applied.

Pyroclast used Fire spin!
    - Glalie was struck!
    - Glalie was trapped!

Murkrow used Assurance!
    - Marshall took 42*2 (Super effective) = 84 dark damage, def not applied.

Honchkrow used Assurance!
    - Pyroclast took 51 dark damage, def not applied.

Karei used Blizzard!
    - Loudred, Lotad(Front), Lotad(Back), Glalie(NvE), Aeshna, Squamata are hurt!
    - Loudred, Lotad(Front), and Lotad(Back) fainted!

Buck used Waterfall!
    - Honchkrow fainted!

Sandshrew used fury swipes!
    - Sandshrew's attack missed

Whimsur is confused!
    - Whimsur struck himself!

Squamata used shock wave!
    - Tapion and Buck both take 29 electric damage, spdef not applied

Zabuza used razor shell!
    - Sandshrew was hurt! It's super effective!

Terra used Earth Power!
    - Glalie, Aeshna, and Squamata were hurt!
    - Glalie and Squamata fainted!
    - Squamata, as a note, fainted particularly hard.

Enemy status:
    Murkrow: (Green) Confused, undamaged
    Honchkrow: Fainted
    Lotad A: Fainted
    sandshrew: (Red) Confused, barely hanging on
    Whimsur: Confused, undamaged
    loudred: Fainted
    glalie: Fainted
    Lotad B: Fainted
    Aeshna: (Red) Confused, barely hanging on
    Squamata: Fainted

Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Pyroclast: 23/77, def 13, sp. def 13
    Jormungandr: 86/86; attack 22, def 11, sp. def 11, )
    "Jormungandr, the others have the murkrow and wounded covered. Take the whimsur out of the picture."
    With that, the seviper surges forward, fangs gleaming with poison as it darts towards and bites at the whimsur. (poison fang)
    (1d20)[19] 2+def
    (2d8+34)[44]-badly poisons on a roll of 17-20

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Lily furrows her brow. "Cham... medime..." she mumbles. It didn't make sense. Blurs of worry and blackened malice stain her vision and she clings to her trainer. The trainer was not running. She was staying, commanding. She was not afraid. Lily trusted her trainer's judgement. So she would not be scared either.

Faith stares at the place where the Honchkrow had been before, and was most certainly not now. "What... ugh. Just what we need. Spontaneous teleporters. Buck, get the murkrow. Terra, use Round to clean up."

Buck rushes forward and leaps at the Murkrow, slamming into it forcefully. Loyalty and friendship were great motivators, though apples helped. Terra begins to sing, in an off-key, bleating, sort of way. Sometimes, Faith thought Round's primary source of damage came from the grating tones Terra used.
    Spoiler
    Show

Buck: 40/91 HP. Also, pissed off and using Return on the Murkrow.
    Accuracy - (1d20)[5] vs 2+Physical Evasion
    Damage - (3d10+40)[53] Improved Attacks, STAB (forceful technique), and 15 Attack. Bird is going down.

Terra: Perfectly fine. Using Round if anything is left, on whatever is left. She sings about as well as you'd expect a Pokemon that regularly spits fire and mud at things to sing - that is, very, very, badly.
    Accuracy - (1d20)[16] vs 2+Special Evasion
    Damage - (1d10+33)[41]

28. - Top - End - #148

Ferlyn would smirk at the double ghost assault as she pointed at the Aeshna. "Izumi, don't even consider losing out to a Gengar. No matter how fabulously dressed. You've done your duty well, now take down that bug!" Continuing her smirk, she'd simply pull a blue and white pokeball from her bag, the red lines marking it as a standard Great Ball. Maxing it's size, she'd hurl it at the Sandshrew. With a casual smile, she'd refocus her energies. Capture was important here, and she was becoming concerned that others wouldn't realize just why yet. Biting her lip a moment as Izumi moved into position she'd look to Koyomi. Being older, it was a bit natural to her. "These pokemon have weird abilities. They might not be wild, and if they are wild we need to capture as many as we can and figure out what is going on."

Spoiler
    Show

Capture!
    Capture Roll: 1d100+0
    27+0 = 27

Izumi uses Shadow Ball on Aeshna!

AC: 2

1d20+0
    19+0 = 19 (Hit)

2d12+16 + 25 (S. Attack) + 8 (STAB) + 5 (Improved Attacks+)

2d12+54
    10,3+54 = 67 Damage

Additional: Aeshna's Special Defense drops 1 Combat Stage
    Last edited by Mura-neechan; 2012-03-31 at 05:14 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149

"I suppose I'll take the Murkr-"

There was absolutely no risk of Marshall ever outdoing Izumi as he sprinted away from the battle, face a picture of absolute terror and his back covered in ice. Of course, as he turned around to look behind him he got blatted in the face with an Assurance and went head over heels into the rather cold water, murmuring complaints against the cruelty of the world. He lay there wishing he wasn't Mark's scout as the man himself pondered his next mov-oh just sic Heimdall on it. Meanwhile, Marshall was returned to his ball after his face pounding.

Mark readied an Ultra Ball and waited to fling the thing as soon as the Murkrow took a hi- oh look Buck was primed to obliterate it. Oh, well.

Spoiler
    Show

Heimdall is in, and gets to freeload on my poor scout's suffering. By the way, Marshall is fainted.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

Kaori Matsuo

Kaori would smile as the blizzard worked just as planned, smashing into the enemy with enough force to take three of them out before they even got to move, encasing a fourth in ice. "Karei, you're the best!" And her eyes would scan the area, quickly taking in the situation. There were two seriously weakened pokemon, an Aeshna and a Sandshrew. Since she already had Haoto, she didn't need another Aeshna, so...

"Pokeball, go!" Without hesitation, she'd pull a pokeball from her hip pouch, enlarging the ball and hurling it straight at the Sandshrew. It was just a Sandshrew, after all, no need for something fancy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Capture Roll:

(1d100+5)[40]