New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [OP] The journeys of the As-Yet unnamed Pirates

It's the big day. Jack Mening gathers his new crew, brought together from the little town of Rin's Cove, in the local bar. Here, they celebrate one last day in port before setting out to make their names on the world. Jack lifts a mug in one final toast on land.

Jack: One last round for the road. To our dreams!
    Last edited by JadeVamp; 2012-02-12 at 09:15 PM.
    If you know what my name is from, you have good taste in literature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes
    Violence: If it doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    "STOP PEEING ON THE SACRED ALTAR OF DOOM!" (Me)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [OP] The journeys of the As-Yet unnamed Pirates

Tenjin Nento grins at his new captain and lifts his mug as well.

"To our dreams!" He joins the call.

It felt good being under someone's banner, even if last time it was a failing magician... It was lonely on the road, a pirate's life would be completely different, and oh so exciting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will we have an OOC thread too?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

From the deck of the Kilroy Ventures' cruise liner the Velvet Raindrop, Rin's Cove was nothing more than a tiny spec in the distance. The sun was high in the sky, fluffy wisps of cloud floated lazily across in no particular pattern, and there was a firm breeze, Northwards. Gallieux Emelie sat on a deck-chair in a bathing suit, a towel beneath her and sunglasses covering her eyes. Lunch had already been served, and she wouldn't be needed in the kitchen for at least another few hours.

With a sigh, she closed her eyes and thanked whatever deity would take the credit for her bout of good fortune. A job that paid relatively well, a position as the chief of the kitchen of the Raindrop, the freedom to relax on deck when there wasn't a meal being prepared... sure, her contract robbed her of whatever freedom she might want, but it was more than worth it, Emelie thought. Being 'chained' to a ship was only as restrictive as you made it to be. Reaching over for her glass of water, Gallieux reflected on how greatly her fortune had shifted in the last few months since the flight out of West Blue.

A sailor made a catcall at her, but Emelie ignored it. Men just did that.

On the deck below, patrons were mingling and discussing all sorts of fascinating topics. Emelie listened in as one person mentioned Ax-Hand Morgan, and another remarked about the danger of Iron Club Alvida. Pirates in the East Blue, thought Gallieux, are nothing compared to any of the other seas. Nothing we can't handle.

Opening her blue-green eyes and staring up at the sky, Emelie gave another quick prayer of thanks to the cosmos for her particularly good fortune, and went back to sunbathing.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Sitting at the bar, away from his new crew, Nine tips his mug towards his new captain silently, then takes a sip from it. As of yet, no one on the crew has been able to figure out how he can eat or drink with the scarf around his mouth and Nine has been silent on the matter when asked.

He pulls out his pistol and points it at the back of his captains head (If anyone see this they might become worried at what he's doing). He stares down the sight and looks over Jack, as if judging him. After a few seconds he seems happy then silently puts his gun away, apparently satisfied with what he sees.

'To our dreams!'
    he whispers quietly to himself. After a few seconds he adds, even quieter, 'And to my own.'
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-02-10 at 08:47 PM.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nigel boisterously raises his extra large mug to the ceiling as he loudly says, "To adventure on the high seas! And to the sexy ladies that are sure to await us!" He then starts chugging down his drink without a problem.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Skii grins, though she didn't have any alcohol like the others, prefering to simply drink water and eat a bit of soft shelled crab. Skii only recently joined the group, within the last week really, and she had yet to reveal anything other than the fact that she was a good navigator and a good swimmer.

She chuckles at Nigel's comment, she was wearing her bikini still, with the skirt-like wrap around her waste and a loose jacket hanging open over her shoulders, her surf board leaning near the bar.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last relevant quote from the recruitment thread
    Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Well, i'm going with Skii over Kyou, she is a better RP option and will be harder to work with since her initial powers are actually fairly passive. I sorta want her to learn the rokushiki later, mainly tekkai (so she can bluff that she's actually made of Kairoseki) and soru, rankyaku, and/or geppou.

I think that Lucretia also brought up some good points in a PM she sent me, and i'd like to reclarify some of Skii's powers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) Her devil fruit is a paramecia type, not a logia, she does not become salt water or kairoseki, she's as fleshy as any normal person.
    2) She is a navigator, her surfing is a hobby, and that is actually a theme for a lot of her fighting style.
    3) She can absorb a finite amount of water and store it to fuel her abilities later on, or extract it and manipulate it. And it must be sea water, not just water with salt in it, actual sea water. This is her primary ability.
    4) Her body acts as kairoseki as long as she has water in storage as her body emits the same wavelength as kairoseki. She can make these wavelengths go out farther, but it weakens them compared to if she were to actually hit someone herself.
    5) Most of her powers, rely on her having water stored or nearby. She can manipulate sea water as long as it's nearby, same with absorbing it as long as she touches it, but otherwise she is a normal human.
    6) And on manipulating water, for anything more complex than firing it off in a pressurized stream she has to attune to it, allowing it to act more like an extension of herself.
    and finally 7) she is a spear wielder, using a simple wooden staff normally but adding attuned water made into a super-dense spearhead to one end to make it into her prefered weapon

Hope that helps make her seem a little more balanced to the people on the crew.
    Oh, also, could i get my surfboard to be like Ace's one-man ship thing that he fueled with his devil fruit power? It'd be just absorbing water and then firing it at high pressure from a rear valve for essentially the same effect. It'd be later, not right away, just asking now for future reference.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

((Looks good. We've only got Dusk left to post... though if he doesn't do it within about 20 minutes, I'll assume he's on the cruise))

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sozen sits at the table with his new crew mates, waiting for the ice tea he had ordered after passing of his beer to the person to his left that he did not yet remember the name of, thinking about how just the day before he had been stuck in a cold, hard, cell in a Marine prison. He vowed to himself that he would never go back to that. As his new not disgusting drink arrived he raised his glass and joined the captain's toast.

"To our dreams, and to our freedom!"
    Greetings from Canada! G'DAY EH!
    --------------------------------------
    1d4 Gorillas!!!
    See this signature? Uranium.

9. - Top - End - #9

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeVamp View Post
    ((Looks good. We've only got Dusk left to post... though if he doesn't do it within about 20 minutes, I'll assume he's on the cruise))
    He's not online ATM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

((Then he's somewhere in our future! And sorry for forgetting you, Hoser.))

Jack: Alright then. Drink up, this is our last few minutes on land. Then, meet me outside. I'm going to prep the boat.

*Jack heads out, leaving his new crew in the bar. He heads over to the boat and gets ready to launch it.*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes

11. - Top - End - #11

A news-carrying bird landed next to Emelie, and she slipped a beli into the pouch around its leg before taking a paper. She unfurled it and began to read about the news on East Blue -- it always paid to be up to date.

As she scanned the various articles, Gallieux's mind started to idle and daydream. Treasure tales filled her mental theatre, as it always did. Stories of Captain John's treasure, so expansive it caused his crew to mutiny over it. Or the legendary hoard of Gold Roger. His name even had the word gold in it -- in Emelie's mind, thousands of diamonds cascaded over a river of molten platinum. Wealth beyond counting: that was surely what her father meant!

After finishing the scene and the paper, she folded it under her arm and stood up, wrapping the towel around her waist and returning to her cabin to get properly dressed. The captain had forbidden her from working in the kitchen without some sort of protection on. He didn't realize why Emelie wasn't bothered by the prospect of hot grease getting on her. And instead of trying to explain to him about her... particular condition, Emelie had merely acquiesced to his request. She put on heels, a thin blouse and a skirt with a slit up the side. Then the chef pulled her long purple hair back into a ponytail, all the better to avoid getting in the food.

Wandering into the kitchen, Gallieux inspected the prospective stews and tasted a few to make sure everything was coming along appropriately. The chowder required a pinch more pepper, but her staff had done excellently. There was little she could do at this stage to improve upon it.

With a sigh, Emelie wandered back out of the kitchen and towards the railing to look out on the sea. The Cove was still a distant spec, but she wasn't interested in looking at anything in particular. Gallieux slipped back into daydreams.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-02-11 at 07:00 AM.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

'I'll come with.'
    Nine leaves his mug on the bar then heads to the door before buttoning his coat up and heading outside.

In his head he went over the new crew:

The fishman; Loyal to the captain, no problem
    The girl; Ditzy and easy going, easy to kill
    The loud guy; Hard to shoot, might need to use special bullets for him
    And finally
    The magician; Dangerous power if used right, if need to then kill in sleep.

The captain was his road to power, to revenge. Until he was sure about the crew he would stick close to the captain, for Jacks own protection. Nine went to the ship then climbed up to the highest point, the crows nest. At least up here he could get some quiet, even if it was unbearably cold. He just hoped the next place they went was hotter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note: this is nothing to do with how strong each character is, just how much a threat Nine views them
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-02-10 at 09:40 PM.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

*The ship is sleek, a caravel much like the Going Merry. It is slightly larger, but not much. Instead of the sheep's head at the front, it has a white arrowhead that extends from the prow. There is as of yet no flag flying, as the crew has not decided on its name. That will surely be a topic of conversation soon.*

Jack: How' the view from up there nine?

*Jack is currently busy untying some of the ropes from the dock. His movements are a bit clumsy with the rope, but he's managing.*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes

14. - Top - End - #14

"Wait up," Skii calls after Jack, grabbing her surf board and following him, almost tripping as she runs out the door and down the road.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

'Not much Captain.' Nine views the horizon through his sniper scope. 'Cruise liner nearby, no Marine ships.'

He quickly looks over his rifle before swinging down the rigging to help his captain. He was good with his hands, so he's good with the ropes.

He nods his head backwared towards the bar they came out of. 'You sure?' he asks Jack, pulling back his coat to show off his pistol. If the captain wanted to change his mind, now was the time, while the crew was out of earshot.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

((Everybody forgets about the fish, lol. Meh, I'm pretty mello about that stuff. Just sayin' though, I'm a friggin slow typer.))

"Well, off to the boat then."

The fishman stands up and walks across the floor that has been made sticky by far too many drunks spilling their booze. He suddenly wished that he owned shoes. As he comes up to the ship he looks it over. "Pretty boat." He turns to Jack, "Anything you need done cap?"
    Last edited by HOSER922; 2012-02-10 at 09:56 PM.
    1d4 Gorillas!!!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Jack: I know you don't trust them so much, but I do. Heck, that new guy wouldn't hurt a fly, and the surfer girl doesnt' seem to dangerous to me.

*He jumps up on deck, using steam from his legs to help himself.*

Jack: Great! The White Arrow is ready for launch!

EDIT: *Jack notices his newest recruits approaching*

Jack: Yeah... I know you two are good at navigation. There are some charts in the cabin headed towards an island to the west of here. I need you to check them out and then come out to guide us.
    Last edited by JadeVamp; 2012-02-10 at 09:58 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes

18. - Top - End - #18

Skii jumps on board, "White Arrow, I like the name, Captain," she says, a smile gracing her lips, "Alright, Captain," she calls out, walking into the cabin to look at the charts.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-02-10 at 10:02 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Nine nods to his captain, then moves away when the fishman nears them. Just because he was sure the fish was no problem didn't mean he had to like him.

He climbs back up to his spot in the crows nest and takes out a small pouch containing the reagents he used to make bullets. He started to make some new ones. The crew were all strong, it wasn't his job to get the ship ready, it was theirs.

'Hope you're right Jack' he says to himself.
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-02-10 at 10:03 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Emelie had stopped daydreaming as the crew boarded the White Arrow, and had returned to her cabin to get nail polish. She might as well use her time productively!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Right. Maps."
    He follows Skii to the charts.
    1d4 Gorillas!!!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nigel downs the last of his alcohol before he gives a belch and says, "Hey guys wait for me!" He runs out after the rest of the crew. Seeing as everyone is helping he also pitches in to help out with setting sail, putting his muscles to good use.

While helping he says, "The White Arrow huh? Yeah, sounds pretty bad*ss if you ask me. Not the name of a ship you want to tangle with."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

*Jack Smiles*

Jack:Thanks! There's only one more thing we have to do before we are a real pirate crew... we need a name. Any ideas?

((I have to go to bed, but I'll post an OOC thread first so we can talk without interrupting the thread))
    Last edited by JadeVamp; 2012-02-10 at 10:47 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Nine leans over the edge of the crows nest and shouts down 'Jack, Nine and the rest.' If he was joking he didn't show it. He wouldn't try to hide his contempt for these fools.

Spoiler
    Show
    Its 4 am over here so I better hit the hay too.

25. - Top - End - #25

"I don't mind what the name is as long as it fits," Skii calls from the cabin, looking over the map. She new the waters well from sailing and surfing them. "How about a play on your powers, Captain?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    sorry I sleep at normal times :p. I am awake from about 7 to 10 in the weekends not up too 4 AM.

A sleapyheaded guy climbs out of the hold.
    Allready back, I thought your party would be a tad longer. Ah well nothing happened here. Guardduty here is mostly boring anyway. Training, honing my sword, trying to find some books. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother trying to find a book when they seemingly all disappear anyway.
    He looks around. And then acknowledges the rest.
    [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]Well we seem to be complete now aren't we. Anyone up for a game of dice?[/COLOR]
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Being the last to stay, Tenjin finishes drinking calmly before he finally stands up. He pulls a handfull of ill-gotten Beli out of his pocket and drops them upon the table, then seems to vanish.

The invisible magician walks up the board and climbs towards the deck, not making any sound. As he stands next to Jack, he creates a few *pops* and a bright flash of light, followed by dismissing his illusion. "Being known as the rest? Ah, but this is completely against what I'm trying to achieve here, for, ah, I'll be known as the world's finest magician! To be known as "the rest"..."

"But as for an actual name... Ah, how embarrassing! I dedicate my life for showmanship and trickery, yet I can't come up with a good name for anything even if you point Nine's rifle at me!"

Tenjin leans on the rails and looks out into the sea, soon they'd sail there...

28. - Top - End - #28

Spoiler
    Show
    In case anyone hasn't seen it: The OOC Thread!

Also, I think I've been using horde instead of hoard. Gosh, homonyms.

As she painted her nails, Emelie contemplated what she had only just fifteen minutes ago been calling her good fortune. Months ago she'd been scrounging around for beli any way she could, creating knives and pawning them off for food enough to eat for the night. Then she'd caught someone's eye, then their tongue, and landed this job. But this wasn't a way to achieve her father's last instruction. The slow and potentially steady incline? She'd die a pauper. And the thimble of a pauper was much too small.

Emelie dreamed of wealth, of a hoard. And that sort of thing required... well, it required less stability than a cruise ship offered.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aint normally up till 4, but I was babysitting. Usually asleep by 2 am.

'Point my rifle at you?' Nine asked as he done just that. He got magic boys head in his sights then smiled. This was his idea of being funny. He was told his sense of homour took some getting used to.

The whole invisibility thing was why Nine ranked this guy the highest. How could a Marksman shoot something he couldn't see? Or someone who could make you see them, but five feet to the left? It scared him, and Nine wasn't easily scared.

He pulled his gun away. 'Whats wrong with the name?' he asked, then paused as he did between sentences, in that creepy way he talked. 'Can't take a joke?'

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Jack: Alright then... how about... hmmm.... the Steam Punk Pirates? I heard someone use that to describe my limbs one day and it sounded cool.

*He flies up above the ship, steam pouring from his hands and feet to give the necessary lift. It's not particularly hot this time, and he moves off to the side to keep it from getting in anyone's face. He observes the ship from his new view*

Jack: All looks good to me!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes