New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLI

Javert then tries to run for it. He flies quickly toward the door.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Oh dear. Aeia isn't looking so good. Returning dead wood to life in any capacity, and what she just did is pretty much the extent of her power. "Hey Bark... Everything's getting kinda fuzzy." She manages to say, sounding exhausted and a little loopy.

((Given permission to skip Slii.))
    Bark will reach out to steady Aeia by putting a hand on her shoulder wordlessly, if she lets him. He has a strong grip, and so if she loses her footing he should be able to hold her up with one hand.

----

Elsewhere, a certain rabbit eared young man by the name of Jack slides up to the old man, fiddling with a screwdriver and what appears to be an old pocket fan.

"Scuse me, you alright? Look kind of down there my friend." Jack's tone is cheerful and curious, and one of his ears twitches as he stares down at the little gizmo.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Hildur is a little surprised that she was heard, but doesn't make much of a show of it. "Ah, yeah, I suppose I could. I mean, I really need a drink right now."
    "Sounds like there's a story behind that...", Kinari says, smiling at her. "You mind sharing it? And if you don't mind taking a drink from a stranger, I've got something you can have either way, even if it's not exactly what you're looking for."

4. - Top - End - #124

"Not really a story, except that I'm in some sort of crazy world now." Hildur looks at Kinari, with a smile of her own. "Look, as long as it has alcohol in it, I'm okay with that."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Kinari laughs, pulling an elaborately carved amethyst flask from a semi-concealed pocket in her dress, and nods.

"Plenty of that,"
    she replies, grinning, which reveals that her teeth are somewhat pointed, though not to the extent, or in the configuration, of a vampire, and extending the container to Hildur. "And it should be safe enough for you, assuming you're nothing too strange."

6. - Top - End - #126

Hildur immediately takes the flask and downs a bit of the liquid inside. That probably wasn't the smartest thing for her to do, but she really did have a hankering for something alcoholic. She doesn't notice Kinari's teeth. "Thanks."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

The liquid inside is fairly good, though somewhat odd, as though designed for something that's not completely human. But it's still most likely possible for Hildur to enjoy it, and certainly she's able to get drunk from it.

"You're welcome. I can always get some more, after all, or most likely can, anyway."

8. - Top - End - #128

Hildur closes her eyes for a second, pondering the drink. She hands the flask back to Kinari, and says, "Not bad, but I probably shouldn't drink too much when I don't know where I am while sober."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Elsewhere, a certain rabbit eared young man by the name of Jack slides up to the old man, fiddling with a screwdriver and what appears to be an old pocket fan.

"Scuse me, you alright? Look kind of down there my friend." Jack's tone is cheerful and curious, and one of his ears twitches as he stares down at the little gizmo.
    The old man looks up towards Jack, curious as to the story behind the ears. He won't ask though, apparently having more tact than that. "Young man..." he says in a quiet voice, "You seem a strong sort," he breaks off to cough roughly. That can't be easy on the throat - probably why he's talking so softly, "Would you be able to help an old man speak with his wife one last time?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Hildur closes her eyes for a second, pondering the drink. She hands the flask back to Kinari, and says, "Not bad, but I probably shouldn't drink too much when I don't know where I am while sober."
    "You're in a place called Trog's Tavern?", Kinari suggests, not entirely getting the idiom Hildur is using, due to their (presumably) rather different cultural backgrounds. "Though I suspect that that's not exactly what you meant..."

11. - Top - End - #131

"Well, that much I know. But there is no place called Trog's in Sweden," Hildur replies. "And certainly nobody like the people I have seen here so far."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Kinari blinks, looking somewhat confused.

"...Sweden? Can you tell me more about there? It would explain a lot if it's not part of where I'm from..."

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    The old man looks up towards Jack, curious as to the story behind the ears. He won't ask though, apparently having more tact than that. "Young man..." he says in a quiet voice, "You seem a strong sort," he breaks off to cough roughly. That can't be easy on the throat - probably why he's talking so softly, "Would you be able to help an old man speak with his wife one last time?"
    "I think you're either overestimating me or buttering me up. I'm not all that strong. Still, if you're willing to settle for second best, I'd be happy to help. Beats sitting around in a tavern." Jack sits down, slipping the pocket fan into his pocket and resting his hands on the table, fiddling with the screwdriver and flipping it over his fingers as he waits for a response. Full of nervous energy.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

And now at this point, a young Magical Girl steps into the tavern! A basket of goodies from the market on her arm, the red-haired Jamie takes a seat, orders a Bamhacon, and looks around curiously.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Copi Kate steps into Trog's.

Good gracious, this place makes just as much sense as it made in her memories. Which is to say, very little at all. It's less hocking now, but it still makes very little sense.

Why is she even here? It's not like she could eat or drink. What would she do? Eavesdrop rudely?

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Copi listens in in spite of herself. She's not sure what information she might glean from this, but it's more interesting than the other conversations in the immediate area.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Halfling in the Playground

"Hello," asks Richard, "could I get my order soon, please?" He pulls out some coins, pocketing his buisness card.
    [OOC]Which thread would his shop be in? Asking again.[OOC]
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-03-20 at 09:23 PM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

The old man says, "There's an old artifact called the 'Key of the Dead'. Supposedly, it-" He breaks off to cough, "Supposedly it allows someone to speak with the dead, even those beyond resurrection magics, but its location went with its creator to the grave."

"Would you be willing to find it for me? I would do it myself, but I'm too old, too sick."

18. - Top - End - #138

Jack sets down the screwdriver and puts a hand to his chin, teasing at the light scruff there, "Sounds like a lot of research and archeology. Why not ask a historian to help? You might get better luck in a museum than asking strangers in bars." Of course, Jack knows the drill. Finding this key could be dangerous in any number of ways, he's just wondering if the old man will tell him up front, or lie if it means there's a better chance of catching his attention.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Jamie looks up from her bamhacon, blinking in surprise.
    "Hey, a Quest? That sounds like fun..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

And here we see a quest naturally forming in its native habitat...

Copi is quiet, but anyone with a good bit of situational awareness can notice her listening. Her curiosity is honestly more towards the interaction of the forming group than it is for the artifact mentioned.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

((Since it's been over 24 hours, can I assume that Javert has escaped and left us in peace?))

The magic shell slowly dissolves, as Phineas is unable to keep it up any longer. Luckily, the faerie seems to be gone or otherwise occupied. He attempts to struggle out of the branches that have formed around him, and if successful he gets shakily to his feet. He limps over to Aeia, a look of concern on his face.

"Are you alright? He didn't hurt you, did he?"
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142

Yep. Totally seems Javert escaped.

The enormous chimera isn't nearly as enormous as he was a few seconds ago. Or... maybe he wasn't ever enormous to begin with? Maybe that was just a trick of the light and he's always been roughly the size of a jackal. Though wasn't he somewhere between sanity-shattering and horrifying before, too?

Could have sworn that was the case.

But no, something that adorable looking couldn't possibly be a mind-flaying eldritch terror-horror. Best not to even consider the possibility of that being true. Instead of spooky obsidian armor he sports black fur frosted with silvery iridescence and swirls of electric blue. Big blue eyes, poofy white hair around his head and neck. And feathery wings tucked against his flanks.

None of that too many halves nonsense, either. While very clearly a chimera he sports only four quarters as any normal creature should.

And he's being concerned with the people who were attacked! Bounds right over to them and sniffs a few times. "Are your lives in danger? Maybe I can heal you?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Aeia is still sitting on the floor actually. But that doesn't mean Bark can't still support her. *nodnod*

"Nah, I'm okay." She pauses for a moment. She sure looks beat. "Just kinda tired." Like collapse any second tired.

24. - Top - End - #144

"I am also unharmed. Perhaps you should rest, Aeia." Bark was ignored during the last scuffle, so he hasn't even taken a scratch.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dena, a drow rogue (who's appearance is explained in my sig) enters the tavern casually. It was a long time since she was in a place like this, almost like she was in Athas again, just with less sand and slaves.

She slumps down at a empty table and takes a look around, maybe there was a way to relive those old days?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well... I'd rather not lie to you. The Key-" He coughs and wheezes a bit, "My best lead for the key's location is old cave to the north of here. I don't know what's inside, but the creator, Yaln, was said to be quite powerful. He may have left something to protect it, along with any other treasures he may have wanted to keep safe. The Key is my only concern, whatever else you find is yours."

27. - Top - End - #147

"That's fair. Anyone who was powerful enough to make a key like that would be powerful enough to guard it well. What happens to the key after you contact your wife?" Jack gets straight to the point, casting a glance back at the new arrivals. An overeager kid, a snoop, and a drow.

Well don't that just beat all.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

"It's good that you're alright...I could use some rest too."
    Indeed, Phineas's face is pale, and he is obviously in much pain. He turns to Div. "You say you can...heal me? I'm not going to die any time soon, but I'm still pretty badly hurt. On the inside, I guess. The worst part is that it's...my fault, isn't it?" He smiles weakly. At least no one else was seriously injured.

Nice going, Phineas. Next time, don't prank the demon drow who can grow massive claws.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-03-21 at 09:28 PM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

^^ I am Javert and I approve this message.

30. - Top - End - #150

Pranking demon-drow is ALWAYS a wise course of action!

*ahem*

Div nods. "I did, yeah. And being hurt on the inside is really serious!"

He totally speaks the truth!

"Humans don't function very well when they have a bunch of holes in their organs."

Also very true!

"So... eerr... Do you want me to fix you up? That would be a lot better than hemorrhaging to death."

Hemoraging to death is always bad.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.