New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] OoC 30

1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 30

Anyone who's interested in Morty's Fey plot, just post like I said. How long do you want to give people to express interest IC, Morty?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey noodle? You need to reply to me in outside.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Anyone who's interested in Morty's Fey plot, just post like I said. How long do you want to give people to express interest IC, Morty?
    This sounds right up Adir's alley. You can count him in, and I'll be sure to have him show up for the meeting when it happens.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #394

GnomeWizardGuy

*pokes C'nor to Trog's and Morty/Techno to Inside*
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #395
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the mapinguari bite.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh? W-What did I miss?

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Succubus, just to check - Is your intent to have had Spreagadh and company provide Elanna's current change of clothing, or is that something she did magically? I'm fine with either, I just can't tell, since it certainly wouldn't be unreasonable for a succubus to be able to make their own clothing in a pinch...

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm, if it's cool I'd like Spreagadh to have provided it. I'm trying to keep the amount of magic Elanna has to a minimum, what with all the other stuff she has going on.

Maybe if there comes a time when she has to reveal her demon form, I'll consider letting her play with a little magic but while she's trying to fit in with the human(ish) crowds, she needs to keep a low profile.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    This sounds right up Adir's alley. You can count him in, and I'll be sure to have him show up for the meeting when it happens.
    I'm fine with waiting for a while. Let's say... two days.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] OoC 30

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Andy's Room] -> [Somewhere else]

There is no monitor he needs to look. Andy is a cyborg. That's also the cause he didn't fall asleep like Bill.

Not sure what a strong white noise is (mainly because I can't imagine a colored sound) the signal keeps active missing a few pictures. The robot will like a human try to catch the leave before reaching his camera.

Andy sights. He knew this won't got well. He checks the ring on his hand, closes the doors in his room and then fly out of the room straight through the wall directly to the place his robot is.
    Sorry, Zefir. I kind of miswrote that. Sorry. ^_^'

White noise is the sound you get when there is static interference, sort of a Tzzzzzz sound, which was what I meant to write.

Essentially, something is disturbing the signal and might cause static akin to this. Andy's robot might be too advanced to be disturbed, though.

Sorry!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #401

No problem, think it isn't your fault.

I just didn't knew what you mean. I translated it word by word which made this mistake I assume.

Since I assumed that you mean something alike I showed that it has taken effect, just weaker then imagined. Andy did eave his room cause of that. He is sure either the signal drops or the robot get's crushed.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #402

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    [Remnant Station]

A door appears in front of the station and a one armed statue of a man stumbles through, dropping a spear, a shotgun, and his other arm. He turns and locks the door so it disappears and then he collapses. Cragg...UNGH Stoneheart. Stone Golem. NNNGAAAHH. Didn't know where else MNng to go. I'm in...pain. Whole MOTHER FFFUUUU mess of it.
    Throwing up the post in Inside I'd like Morty to respond to. I think Techno has a post as well on page 34
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

13. - Top - End - #403
    Barbarian in the Playground

>_>

Currently working on a post Outside that will basically be a siege of a city. Once it gets rolling we'll be talking full-scale street-level warfare of a modern/sci-fi level.

On one side we have the City-State of Thessaloniki ruled by Governor Flavius Octavius. He's bidding for an independent Thessaloniki that doesn't need to deal with the taxation and military draft imposed upon it by The Legion. Most of the people of Thessaloniki believe that The Legion is interested in their City-State only because of their mineral wealth.

On the other side we have The Legion, an expansive empire that exists on one of the many worlds that touches the Nexus. Thessaloniki has been part of their empire for hundreds of years at least and significant public funds have been spent improving the region and beating back Nexus-born invasions that plague the area. The Legion means to capture Octavius, execute him, and return order to the region.

In anyone is interested in doing some warish RPing or squad-level combat feel free to join in. Both sides of the conflict are more than happy to hire mercenaries if your character needs an excuse to be there.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

14. - Top - End - #404

GnomeWizardGuy

Did you say mercenaries? *cackles madly* would a powerful shadow/spirit magic user work well? I've been wanting to get a mid-aged Flarg into some fights.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

15. - Top - End - #405

Probably.

Just so long as you don't expect to be able to take on the whole City and/or Legion on your own most any PC should be fine. Even a relatively normal-powered person can be deadly if they have a gun =P

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. I think I'll use this to bring in a new person, and a faction, if you don't mind. Of course, they're pretty low tech, though with some odd abilities, so I'm not sure if they'd fit the theme, but they should be a pretty effective mercenary group, if that's not a problem.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    >_>

Currently working on a post Outside that will basically be a siege of a city. Once it gets rolling we'll be talking full-scale street-level warfare of a modern/sci-fi level.

On one side we have the City-State of Thessaloniki ruled by Governor Flavius Octavius. He's bidding for an independent Thessaloniki that doesn't need to deal with the taxation and military draft imposed upon it by The Legion. Most of the people of Thessaloniki believe that The Legion is interested in their City-State only because of their mineral wealth.

On the other side we have The Legion, an expansive empire that exists on one of the many worlds that touches the Nexus. Thessaloniki has been part of their empire for hundreds of years at least and significant public funds have been spent improving the region and beating back Nexus-born invasions that plague the area. The Legion means to capture Octavius, execute him, and return order to the region.

In anyone is interested in doing some warish RPing or squad-level combat feel free to join in. Both sides of the conflict are more than happy to hire mercenaries if your character needs an excuse to be there.
    I'll definitely have Teq Vraal get involved here. Not sure if I should RP him more as a soldier or a hitman for this one. Will either side need an assassin, or is Octavious to be captured formally for execution?
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

If it borders the Nexus, the Cult of Dalachrech would be interested, probably on the side of Thessaloniki provided they can get freedom of worship, freedom to preach, and land for a temple. As far as they see, it's a win/win situation for them- if Thessaloniki gains independence, they get a base to spread their faith into the Legion; if Thessaloniki loses they'll build a secret temple and claim their old faiths have failed them and that Dalachrech will succeed where others have failed.

If the Legion wins, and Thessaloniki is razed to the ground, its people sold as slaves, its fields salted and its name erased from the maps, then the Cult of Dalachrech has lost.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

...Rose might be interested. The problem with that is that she looks fifteen...

And has abilities that suit her in a commander role.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #410

Posted Outside!

The two spoiler-ed bits are the views of two soldiers on either side of the conflict to give a bit of a window into the thoughts of these peoples. That might help people decide which side they feel inclined to take.

I'll say from the outset that I do NOT have a winner decided ahead of time. That will be resolved through the actions of the PCs!

To answer some questions:

Tech level doesn't matter. This is the Nexus and I'm use to fiddling with the difficulty level to allow a very wide range of PCs to be useful.

The Governor is to be captured alive, preferably. The Senate would rather have him executed publicly in The Capitol. And then stick his head on a pike. Though if he's killed in the process of capturing him? Eh. Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, y'know?

Also: Take anything said by one side about the other side with a grain of salt. Both have been fed plenty of propaganda. Omnomnomnom!

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

>_>

I have several characters who could. Will post!

*pokes singingnoodle to inside*
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-04-02 at 03:37 PM.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

As a point of fact, I've posted there today.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    As a point of fact, I've posted there today.

Which is why I edited my post, sorry.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

24. - Top - End - #414

Posted Outside!

The two spoiler-ed bits are the views of two soldiers on either side of the conflict to give a bit of a window into the thoughts of these peoples. That might help people decide which side they feel inclined to take.

I'll say from the outset that I do NOT have a winner decided ahead of time. That will be resolved through the actions of the PCs!

To answer some questions:

Tech level doesn't matter. This is the Nexus and I'm use to fiddling with the difficulty level to allow a very wide range of PCs to be useful.

The Governor is to be captured alive, preferably. The Senate would rather have him executed publicly in The Capitol. And then stick his head on a pike. Though if he's killed in the process of capturing him? Eh. Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, y'know?

Also: Take anything said by one side about the other side with a grain of salt. Both have been fed plenty of propaganda. Omnomnomnom!
    I really like to throw PC's in that and ai got two who seem fitting.one for each side(not that I just threw them in there, but I think they don't go for the same side).^^
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #415

Yay, people!

Amusingly enough the idea for this plawt came to me in a dream last night >_>

I'm glad people are interested =3

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm in it for the historical references.
    Also, because Jack and RU1 need stuff to do.

(Recaiden) He lives!

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    I have several characters who could. Will post!

*pokes singingnoodle to inside*
    Blargh...could you link the post? Please?

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Blargh...could you link the post? Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    RU1 takes up the device, examines it, and shrugs.

"For the good of the patient!"

ACTIVATION!
    There yar gor!

(Recaiden) He lives!

29. - Top - End - #419

Hey earl and Zefir? I posted in the AMEN plot.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

I have an idea on who to send to the battle Outside. Should prove to be an interesting group. >.>