New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1482

Thread: [Nexus] OoC 30

1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 30

Though, I highly doubt that there's mages that are scrying for people trying to end all magic, C'nor.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-14 at 09:42 AM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #992
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    They don't necessarily need a unifying goal, as such. They could, for example, just have teamed up on the basis of mutual assistance, where if they help the others achieve their goals, the others help them do the same. Or, as Zefir said, because they're all hunted by the same group.

*Pokes Zefir to Trog's for the chess game*
    Yeah there is something I want to ask. Are you going to play the game out? I myself am a bad player. I don't know any good chess tactics, Mr. C is much better. He isn#t a master, but he should know much more then I do like Zizilian defence or so.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

Mindy, that's... exactly what C'nor's point was. That it'd make every mage angry. And then every mage would come and, like herons, make a mess of the villains' pots and pans.

Maybe 1) their goal isn't ending all magic, but is something that would advance them all somehow in such a way that Salixtra would be better-positioned to try to end all magic... and 2) Salixtra doesn't tell her companions about her goal.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-04-14 at 09:38 AM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #994

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    It sounds like the villain team needs an IC and OOC leader, as well as a theme and goal. "Stop evildoers!" is a fine theme for a team of superheroes, but a team of supervillains needs something more than "Stop good-doers!" Something they believe they are doing for the Greater Good.
    "Hey. Villain camp kids. See those psycho vigilantes in tights over there? Yeah, someone kinda needs to do something about them, before they hurt themselves trying to dig through files on the Gambling League of Gambling or muck about with AMEN or whatever. I can't be seen involving myself in all of that directly though, because it'd add a sort of legitimacy and importance to their cause if anyone as famous as I am notices them, but you guys are beginners, so the buffoons out there are all still fair game.

Anyone who comes back to me with the mask of a fallen hero, a secret identity uncovered, video evidence of kicking the Justice Crew's butts, or the unconscious body of someone from that team gets twelve free MagPoints. No, I don't know what MagPoints are yet, either, shut up. I'll figure out something later, maybe you get a free ham sandwich or something. Now, would you kindly just get out there and kick some spandex butt already?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #995

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Mindy, that's... exactly what C'nor's point was. That it'd make every mage angry. And then every mage would come and, like herons, make a mess of the villains' pots and pans.

Maybe 1) their goal isn't ending all magic, but is something that would advance them all somehow in such a way that Salixtra would be better-positioned to try to end all magic... and 2) Salixtra doesn't tell her companions about her goal.
    Blah.
    My IPod corrected scrying as crying in the previous post of mine. >.<
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #996

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Hey. Villain camp kids. See those psycho vigilantes in tights over there? Yeah, someone kinda needs to do something about them, before they hurt themselves trying to dig through files on the Gambling League of Gambling or muck about with AMEN or whatever. I can't be seen involving myself in all of that directly though, because it'd add a sort of legitimacy and importance to their cause if anyone as famous as I am notices them, but you guys are beginners, so the buffoons out there are all still fair game.

Anyone who comes back to me with the mask of a fallen hero, a secret identity uncovered, video evidence of kicking the Justice Crew's butts, or the unconscious body of someone from that team gets twelve free MagPoints. No, I don't know what MagPoints are yet, either, shut up. I'll figure out something later, maybe you get a free ham sandwich or something. Now, would you kindly just get out there and kick some spandex butt already?"
    Where's the sign up?

Ivaz...I don't think he was talking about you.

Don't care. He made it sound more awesome than I thought it was. I want in.

Anyways, Ivaz isn't the leader type. Closest to leader she'd get is manipulating the actual leader.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think June/Lady Jupiter (yep ) would be a very good leader either, and probably more manipulatee than manipulator.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

8. - Top - End - #998

Bit of a conflict of interests for me. Hmm...

I'm trying to figure out who that leans toward actually, justice crew or Magscouts. I'm think Magscouts out of pure numbers and mad SCIENCE!

PS Can the villain camp kids be called Magscouts? Because I find it hilarious.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Talia/Lady Yedesai is probably a pretty poor leader too.

As far as scrying, not for that specifically, maybe, but if a mage decides to check out the rumors of a new supervillain group and they're talking about ending magic...
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-04-14 at 10:21 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Pixie in the Playground

*pokes singingnoodle to Trog's Second Floor*
    When in doubt, zap a human.

Come any closer, and I zap you to death.

Hail CrimsonAngel for creating my avatar!

HAIL DEATH PIG!

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm waiting for DEB.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Looky what I made.

It's Cynthia!

13. - Top - End - #1003

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Yeah there is something I want to ask. Are you going to play the game out? I myself am a bad player. I don't know any good chess tactics, Mr. C is much better. He isn#t a master, but he should know much more then I do like Zizilian defence or so.
    Repost for C'Nor who seems to have missed that.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not terribly great at chess either, though Lellienth is supposed to be better, so it might balance out, but it's up to you.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-04-14 at 11:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Pixie in the Playground

So, are we trying to come up with a unifying goal for a team of villains?

What about fame and fortune? Glory, even! Cutting a bloody swath into the history books! Leaving a bloodstained legend for all other evil-doers to aspire to! To gain power and influence to be dedicated to personal objectives later on down the road! Dashing hope, putting fear in its place! To denounce the evils of truth and love! To extend their reach to the stars above! For enjoyment! To surfeit an addiction to blood and gore! To steal the ultimate power of the Triforce! Or for the most logical reason, because the heroes outnumber the villains in the Nexus and teaming up would be advantageous because it might just help counter butt-kicking.

Maybe one of those will work?

@Lord Magtok: Well, the reason for the formation of the group is based on one of Voltaire's most memorable quotations.

"If there were no god, it would necessary to invent him."

Since the group is under the impression that the gods have turned their backs on mortals and left them to suffer, they work to dethrone the gods and create new ones that are more sympathetic and compassionate to the plights of the world. Each current member has been slighted by a god in some way or another, or so they feel. For example, one was crippled for a lifetime before her spirit transferred to another vessel upon death. These rebels want to publicly topple and overthrow most of the gods known to the Nexus at large one by one and replace them with mortals who have ascended to godhood or gods that aren't so distant.

Whether or not that means Doctor Godlark will be ditching Percilia is left up to you because, inconveniently, there is no "grab the girl and run" option unless Thomas is willing to try to transport a girl whose arm has just been violently removed and will likely bleed out without a proper surgeon and his/her tools.

16. - Top - End - #1006

I suppose he'd go with her, then, advocating a more moderate, less violent approach towards the un-deifying of deities when possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

17. - Top - End - #1007

Um, Alex?
    I kinda don't want to do the whole Dave-Clarissa red zone thing right now.
    It feels kinda...out of place from what was happening prior to your post, I can't figure out myself what could have pissed Clarissa off so fast and so suddenly. Not to mention that the clinic hasn't even gone through whole day's worth of operations yet either...it feels too soon for me.
    Is that cool?
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

*Pokes Beans to HALO for Cineal and Lellienth*

19. - Top - End - #1009

Scratch that, After some thought I realized it's the perfect time for this, Alex.
    I like this plan! I'm proud to be apart of it!
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-14 at 12:46 PM.
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

Alexandrian, have you posted in Inside for the warehouse plot? I can't find the last post in there...
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #1011

GnomeWizardGuy

Well like I said, Jurassico is in it for the ****s and giggles. And yes I promise to post after i get done with work in four or five hours. Prepare yourself Justice League!!!!
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

22. - Top - End - #1012

"Bring it on, Jurassico."
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm actually waiting on LadyofWar to post for that plot right now. I'm about to pm her(?) about it, seeing as she posted in Inside without addressing it and left a message in the OoC thread I just ended up reading today about needing pokes from people.

@Lord Magtok: Sounds like a plan, then! Thomas gets Percilia back (complete with an alien being grafted as a replacement for and improvement to her arm) and everyone goes home happy!

And Thomas has can thwart the collective's violent plans easier than your average Nexus PC.

@MF: Blame all of Clarissa's violent behavior on the intervention of Death and Wrath and her response will all make sense, I hope. She's driven by emotion and rarely if ever stable when it comes to her friends/bosses quarreling with one another. Dave, as I interpreted it, pretty much said that he'd blow up Clarissa's place of work and exterminate all of the AMENites if he had the opportunity and the AMENites comprise all of the friends in the world Clarissa has got, with the exception of Dave, of course. Saying that you'd kill your spouse's friends if you thought you could get away with it right in front of his/her face isn't the nicest thing to do in any circumstance.

That and I thought it might help you out with your whole "it falls to me to prove that the world needs heroes" ordeal, if you chose to use it like that.

Of course, Dave and company might be surprised to find out that slaughtering random civilians wasn't at all what Clarissa had in mind...

But I cannot distinguish between sarcasm and overt joy well over the internet, so you'll actually have to tell me if your last post was sarcasm or overt joy. >.<
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-04-14 at 01:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1014

So, the thing with Percilia is waiting on Lady? Okay then. I'll keep an eye out.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #1015

Joy, Alex. Not sarcasm.
    And a wonderful movie quote.
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    I'm actually waiting on LadyofWar to post for that plot right now. I'm about to pm her(?) about it, seeing as she posted in Inside without addressing it and left a message in the OoC thread I just ended up reading today about needing pokes from people.
    I already did it, and she posted. Here it is.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

*does some inkscaping*

There. I have updated my banner like I'd been wanting to. Now I can mix and match avis in it with ease. =D
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-04-14 at 01:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Pixie in the Playground

@Kerfuffle: Actually, the Warehouse Raid plot is a completely separate entity from the Theater Raid plot. Essentially, I just need to get the MURDER task force and the GLoG task force to write that they arrive at their respective locations and we can get that going. And whatever side arrives first gets a tactical advantage.

@Morty: >.< Thanks for that. I tried using the "Find" feature of Google Chrome on all of the pages appearing after my last post for that scene to try and track this down, but I must've overlooked it.

29. - Top - End - #1019

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    @Kerfuffle: Actually, the Warehouse Raid plot is a completely separate entity from the Theater Raid plot. Essentially, I just need to get the MURDER task force and the GLoG task force to write that they arrive at their respective locations and we can get that going. And whatever side arrives first gets a tactical advantage.
    Okey dokey. I'll het that up later tonight. Long posts from my phone are not fun. Especially during work.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items