New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XL: The Plot Thickens!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    The update on the topic that we got told us that it wasn't Hasbro's decision to change the episode; it was a move made by the episode's writer, Amy Keating Rogers. She has some excellent reasons for doing so, including but not limited to her mentally disabled child. I don't agree with her choice, but I can't hold it as a grudge against her.
    Umm excuse you no. That's absolutely and completely wrong on factual grounds. From the response in question:

I actually had no idea that fans were really upset about the "Derpy Change" until your email. And I didn't actually know about the change until I got an email last week from a fan telling me about it!
    When that call ended, no decision was made. And it was not my decision to make. I am just a freelance writer here, not a network executive. That decision was up to Hasbro and the Hub
    Hasbro and only Hasbro (unless you want to bring Discovery into this) bowed to the pressure of [self-scrubbed for polite company and political content about most second execrable thing in America]

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Umm excuse you no. That's absolutely and completely wrong on factual grounds. From the response in question:

Hasbro and only Hasbro (unless you want to bring Discovery into this) bowed to the pressure of [self-scrubbed for polite company and political content about most second execrable thing in America]
    If I ever do work for them, I'll be sure to steal a copy of official stationery and have them write you a personalized apology. For the moment though, I think I'm just happy that they had a legitimate reason for what they did and only took action after consulting with Amy Keating Rogers, even if she didn't make the final call.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #423
    Colossus in the Playground

You're right, my mistake. That said,

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    If I ever do work for them, I'll be sure to steal a copy of official stationery and have them write you a personalized apology. For the moment though, I think I'm just happy that they had a legitimate reason for what they did and only took action after consulting with Amy Keating Rogers, even if she didn't make the final call.
    - this seems reasonable to me.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Right, well before I head off today. I wanted to leave behind a nice little imagebomb to remember me by. Random image edition!

Spoiler
    Show

Warning: Huge but awesome
    Spoiler
    Show

Warning: Huge and funny
    Spoiler
    Show

Warning: Huge and Derpy
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]

Warning: HNNGGG
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

That bridge is burned because it goes directly to the issue of political correctness (and worse political correctness by proxy) which is second behind my pro-life abortion stance in issues that though I can discuss them calmly, not here of course, stir a no hyperbole mad rage on the issue. So I won't touch "legitimate" since I'd like to get some sleep tonight.

Yeah Hasbro whacked a Big Red Atomic ICBSoras button with this one. Its not going away. Still it would be a neat souvenir all the same. Good luck on your mad Suzaku-in-Britannia quest.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Right, well before I head off today. I wanted to leave behind a nice little imagebomb to remember me by. Random image edition!

Spoiler
    Show

Looking that the discrepancies between the sketch and the subject matter, either that pony really needs to work on his drawing talents, or Applejack really needs to work on being a model.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

7. - Top - End - #427

That bridge is burned because it goes directly to the issue of political correctness (and worse political correctness by proxy) which is second behind my pro-life abortion stance in issues that though I can discuss them calmly, not here of course, stir a no hyperbole mad rage on the issue. So I won't touch "legitimate" since I'd like to get some sleep tonight.

Yeah Hasbro whacked a Big Red Atomic ICBSoras button with this one. Its not going away. Still it would be a neat souvenir all the same. Good luck on your mad Suzaku-in-Britannia quest.
    I don't agree with your position but I'll love and tolerate you anyway

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone here happen to know the origin of The Living Tombstone's name? I ran across this passage recently and it made me curious, though I think it's too obscure a reference to be true:

Spoiler
    Show
    I had slowed my pace a trifle as I took in the scene. The sun was disappearing behind the mountain very rapidly now, and the damp air chilled me. Turning my coat collar up about my neck, I plodded on. Something caught my eye as I glanced up again. In the shadow of the church wall was something white—a thing which seemed to have no definite shape. Straining my eyes as I came nearer, I saw that it was a cross of new timber, surmounting a mound of freshly turned earth. The discovery sent a new chill through me. I realized that this must be my uncle’s grave, but something told me that it was not like the other graves near it. It did not seem like a dead grave. In some intangible way it appeared to be living, if a grave can be said to live.

--Two Black Bottles by Wilfred Blanch Talman and H.P. Lovecraft
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Firbolg in the Playground

Insane theory of the day:

Cooking is considered Earth Pony magic. We only see Earth Ponies with reputations for cooking well, and without this crazy cooking magic things go CRAAAAAZY.

And of course AB is just bad at everything.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #430
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

Cooking is considered Earth Pony magic. We only see Earth Ponies with reputations for cooking well, and without this crazy cooking magic things go CRAAAAAZY.

Wasn't Fluttershy able to recreate that complicated looking dish for Angel in "Putting Your Hoof Down?" Rarity seems to at least be moderately competent at it in "Sisterhood Social" as well.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

Keep in mind Applebloom's cupcakes were much better than the cupcakes Pinkie Pie made.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Wasn't Fluttershy able to recreate that complicated looking dish for Angel in "Putting Your Hoof Down?" Rarity seems to at least be moderately competent at it in "Sisterhood Social" as well.
    ...Wait, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy switched races in development, didn't they? Hm. Rarity's an outlier, though, she's perfect at most everything she does.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

12. - Top - End - #432

We see Rarity making cereal and Fluttershy making a salad. I don't think it's as bad as we've seen with Homer Simpson, but Earth Ponies engineer crazy jam that needs to be made in a specific way, an entire gigantic clan of Earth Ponies creating specialty dishes, and the town's 3 most notable bakers are Earth Ponies.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

I don't agree with your position but I'll love and tolerate you anyway
    Sure thing.

You know... I really like this idea. This would explain Fluttershy's apparently failed attempt to bake a portal too.

That was a salad, with whipped cream and a cherry so really its just ensuring the ingredients are fresh.

14. - Top - End - #434

You know... I really like this idea. This would explain Fluttershy's apparently failed attempt to bake a portal too.
    And Pinkie was able to use low-quality ingredients too.
    Like Spike scales instead of dragon scales.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Hm, rats. Zecora makes tea, and she's not a pony. IF Twilight Sparkle is to be trusted. Spike also cooks Popcorn, and bakes cookies.

E: Discord also made Cotton Candy and Chocolate Milk pretty dang well.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-03-27 at 11:28 PM.
    ---

16. - Top - End - #436
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    ...Wait, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy switched races in development, didn't they? Hm. Rarity's an outlier, though, she's perfect at most everything she does.
    But Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy can both cook. If your hypothesis were correct Pinkie should be unable to bake since she was originally a pegasus. I will admit that Fluttershy has an awful lot of Earth pony characteristics.

We see Rarity making cereal and Fluttershy making a salad. I don't think it's as bad as we've seen with Homer Simpson, but Earth Ponies engineer crazy jam that needs to be made in a specific way, an entire gigantic clan of Earth Ponies creating specialty dishes, and the town's 3 most notable bakers are Earth Ponies.
    Rarity made eggs. Which somehow also required a boiling pot of something and chopping a carrot for some reason.

It was two Earth ponies that were responsible for the "baked bads" incident, FWIW.

Also Spike seems to be pretty good in the kitchen. I can't think of any data we have for Dash or Twilight.
    EDIT: Although Dash lives by herself in her giant cloud mansion, so she's probably at least mastered poor-college-student-level cooking just to survive
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-03-27 at 11:35 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

17. - Top - End - #437

Hm, rats. Zecora makes tea, and she's not a pony. IF Twilight Sparkle is to be trusted. Spike also cooks Popcorn, and bakes cookies.

Well it could be that it comes more naturally to EPs. Spike has a lot of time clocked in his apron, and Discord doesn't so much cook as rewrite reality into cotton candy.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438

Hm, rats. Zecora makes tea, and she's not a pony. IF Twilight Sparkle is to be trusted.
    What else could Twilight and Zecora have been doing in the privacy of her woodland house if not drinking tea?

19. - Top - End - #439

What else could Twilight and Zecora have been doing in the privacy of her woodland house if not drinking tea?
    Fillies and Gentlecolts, we have a rare precious moment here.
    A new ship.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

And Pinkie was able to use low-quality ingredients too.
    Like Spike scales instead of dragon scales.
    Well that was just Apple Bloom's theory, we don't know for sure. Wasn't an ingredient in the song like provolone or Newt's eye. Certainly suggestive if true though since Fluttershy should totally have lots of dragon scales around.

Well the first two of course aren't ponies and don't normally live in Equestria. When your people have to real with such unnatural horrors as clouds moving you obviously have to learn something of preparing food.

And were not talking about just throwing stuff in the magiwave oven but serious culinary feats. Obviously even among ponies there is some level of preparation, but all the true feats are the province of Earth ponies.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

But Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy can both cook. If your hypothesis were correct Pinkie should be unable to bake since she was originally a pegasus.
    Like I said earlier, Pinkie Pie told us by implication that Applebloom's Cupcakes were better than her own batch. this is what Pinkie Pie says is better than her own work.

Okay, she might have been nice for the sake of trying to get Applebloom to smile, but she put those cupcakes out for the party anyways, so apparently she really did find those good. Or she was taking lessons from slash giving lessons to Trollestria again.

Fillies and Gentlecolts, we have a rare precious moment here.
    A new ship.
    Wait, what? Twilight and Zecora built a boat now?

Edit: vvvv I thought that already happened at the end of Return of Harmony?
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-03-27 at 11:51 PM.
    ---

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Ponies+Star Wars just became a thing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYk1DgaeZC8

Spike as Jabba the Hut can not be unseen.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

23. - Top - End - #443

Like I said earlier, Pinkie Pie told us by implication that Applebloom's Cupcakes were better than her own batch. this is what Pinkie Pie says is better than her own work.

Okay, she might have been nice for the sake of trying to get Applebloom to smile, but she put those cupcakes out for the party anyways, so apparently she really did find those good. Or she was taking lessons from slash giving lessons to Trollestria again.
    Pinkie logic: these were made with love by someone who's discovering what makes her happy. Of course it's the best thing I've ever had.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444

Pinkie logic: these were made with love by someone who's discovering what makes her happy. Of course it's the best thing I've ever had.
    Pinkie logic: Oink oink oink

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, if we're dragging Pinkie Logic in here, blowing up a balloon is probably a kind of cooking. And that is why we love Pinkie so.
    ---

26. - Top - End - #446

Pinkie logic: Oink oink oink
    Hey, if we're dragging Pinkie Logic in here, blowing up a balloon is probably a kind of cooking. And that is why we love Pinkie so.
    You'd rather we bring Pink One logic into this?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Why am I the only one that plays fact check around here?

Pinkie states they were better then "the last batch" not her own batch so clearly the dialogue is referencing Applebloom's last batch as our Crusader was clearly making multiple batches. At most a shared effort, not Pinkie's own work.

I'd speculate Pinkie was busy making all the other treats for the party at while AB was busy with the Cupcakes. Even assisting AB well, its still involving fire and destruction which we all know are the CMCs true talent.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

Ponies+Star Wars just became a thing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYk1DgaeZC8

Spike as Jabba the Hut can not be unseen.
    it shouldnt be, mlp is far more epic.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-03-28 at 12:26 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

Why am I the only one that plays fact check around here?
    Because ponies.

Pinkie states they were better then "the last batch" not her own batch so clearly the dialogue is referencing Applebloom's last batch as our Crusader was clearly making multiple batches. At most a shared effort, not Pinkie's own work.
    Applebloom only made one batch, though.
    ---

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Because ponies.

Applebloom only made one batch, though.
    She was already in the process of making more when she pulled the very badly burned ones out of the oven, clearly there were multiple batches were being made. Just because we didn't see them onscreen doesn't mean AB magically left and Pinkie made all the cupcakes but the one batch we saw pulled out of the over when she asserted no ownership over any batch.

There's a difference between speculation like mine that Pinkie was busy making everything else and things clearly implied from the content of the show like that Apple Bloom made more then one batch of cupcakes.