New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1494
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering XIII: What A Horrible Night To Have An Enchantment- Curse

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Alright. I'll see what I can do to get my hands on a few druids' repositories.

If I attack with a Hero of Bladehold, would it get three counters on it or only one? I know for some effects the tokens don't count as being declared attackers, so I'm curious.
    Only one, unfortunately. They come into play attacking, so they don't trigger 'whenever a creature attacks' abilities. It's also the reason Intangible Virtue doesn't cause the tokens to be untapped; they're already attacking. Interestingly enough, this does mean that if you swing with a Hero of Bladehold, and only Hero of Bladehold, you still trigger Exalted abilities, despite the fact that tokens come in later.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering XIII: What A Horrible Night To Have An Enchantment- Curse

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    Only one, unfortunately. They come into play attacking, so they don't trigger 'whenever a creature attacks' abilities. It's also the reason Intangible Virtue doesn't cause the tokens to be untapped; they're already attacking. Interestingly enough, this does mean that if you swing with a Hero of Bladehold, and only Hero of Bladehold, you still trigger Exalted abilities, despite the fact that tokens come in later.
    Alright. That's what I figured, but I wanted to be sure because I hate accidentally breaking the rules, or planning around something that turns out to not work.

Hmm. I've got two Kessig Wolf runs. Think that'll be enough, or would you really suggest 4? And would you suggest four Druids' repositories? And how many Somberwald sages?

3. - Top - End - #993

Alright. That's what I figured, but I wanted to be sure because I hate accidentally breaking the rules, or planning around something that turns out to not work.

Hmm. I've got two Kessig Wolf runs. Think that'll be enough, or would you really suggest 4? And would you suggest four Druids' repositories? And how many Somberwald sages?
    Two Wolf Runs should be fine. And I would certainly suggest the full set of repositories; they can stack for mana. And that leads to more mana than you could shake a Dark Depths at. As for the sages, probably 2-3. It all depends on how often Repositories are not showing up, and/or how often they get removed.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    It's also the reason Intangible Virtue doesn't cause the tokens to be untapped; they're already attacking.
    God damn my nit pickingness. They are still tapped because Hero of Bladehold specifically puts them in tapped. It's not related to the attacking portion.

In other stuff, what does everyone think of the Planechase 2012 stuff revealed so far?
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2012-05-22 at 06:04 PM.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    God damn my nit pickingness. They are still tapped because Hero of Bladehold specifically puts them in tapped. It's not related to the attacking portion.

In other stuff, what does everyone think of the Planechase 2012 stuff revealed so far?
    It's awesome. Big fan of everything (except the art by Nils, who I don't find amazing as an artist).

Very curious how Spatial Merging is going to work, though.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, Planechase 2012 stuff has been revealed?! Dammit! Now I have to go find that!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Wait, Planechase 2012 stuff has been revealed?! Dammit! Now I have to go find that!
    Offical Card image gallery, I think there's a few others that aren't on on the official site that people have gleaned off the packaging and the like.

Spoiler
    Show
    I still like Maelstrom Wanderer, double cascade totally won't be broken or anything
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

Planechase 2012 certainly looks interesting, that's for sure!

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm a big fan of black/blue so Vela looks interesting...though I'm not entirely sure if she's worth it...Thromok the Insatiable though? Hehehehehhe, that card is gonna be soooooo much fun.

...Come to think of it though, how does one go about actually constructing the planar deck for a Plane chase game? Do you just add all the planes all the players playing have together or do you use a single constructed 'planar' deck that everyone agrees on?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

Planechase 2012 certainly looks interesting, that's for sure!

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm a big fan of black/blue so Vela looks interesting...though I'm not entirely sure if she's worth it...Thromok the Insatiable though? Hehehehehhe, that card is gonna be soooooo much fun.

...Come to think of it though, how does one go about actually constructing the planar deck for a Plane chase game? Do you just add all the planes all the players playing have together or do you use a single constructed 'planar' deck that everyone agrees on?
    There are two methods.

Method 1: Each player has their own 10-card planar deck, and when you planeswalk, the next guy flips his and you put yours back on the bottom of your deck.

Method 2: There is a single communal plane deck that has 10*(number of players) planes it in, and everyone shares it.

In both methods, only one plane is active at any time.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's an odd question but...which do the more learned players on this chat think is more effective (in general), Day of Judgement or Divine Reckoning?

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's an odd question but...which do the more learned players on this chat think is more effective (in general), Day of Judgement or Divine Reckoning?
    Day of Judgement not even close. Letting them keep their best creature makes Divine Reckoning pretty much useless, especially since you're probably only saving yourself something small, like a 1/1 token or Snapcaster. The big threats that are worth saving, you play AFTER wiping the board.
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2012-05-23 at 01:20 AM.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

Agreed with AgentPaper. Divine Reckoning is generally crap comparatively. However, there is a single arena in which it might actually shine: in the realm of EDH multiplayer politics. By letting folks keep stuff, you make friends, since you are only reining in the crazy token shenanigans EDH happens to like so much.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Who here is getting FtV: Realms?

I'm thinking of pre-ordering it, but if Rishadan Port is the money rare, I'll be severely dissappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

14. - Top - End - #1004

Quote Originally Posted by Lhurgyof View Post

I'm thinking of pre-ordering it, but if Rishadan Port is the money rare, I'll be severely dissappointed.
    I already preordered it; I have a rather strong hunch that there will be Maze of Ith and/or Wasteland in it as the money. Wizards of the Coast basically publicly announced that they screwed up with FTV: Legends, and that they would make it up with FTV: Lands. At the very least, they probably have Urborg and Rishadin Port, both of which are rather good.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1005

Has anything been spoiled for it yet? I'm interested, especially since I run Azusa, Lost But Seeking as my prime EDH general, but I don't want to get something that expensive without know what's in it.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

I can't do it any time soon because I need to keep saving up my money, but I kinda want to build a deck made entirely out of holo-foil cards sometime.

17. - Top - End - #1007

Beholder

I can't do it any time soon because I need to keep saving up my money, but I kinda want to build a deck made entirely out of holo-foil cards sometime.
    I just sold most of the cards to my foil elf deck for a mana drain.
    Not again...

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

I just sold most of the cards to my foil elf deck for a mana drain.
    Wait, seriously? Mana Drain the CMC 3 tap all lands an opponent controls then empty their mana-pool card? o.O I have one and every site I've been to has said it's not worth that much...wait, I'm thinking of Mana Short, not Mana Drain.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, seriously? Mana Drain the CMC 3 tap all lands an opponent controls then empty their mana-pool card? o.O I have one and every site I've been to has said it's not worth that much...wait, I'm thinking of Mana Short, not Mana Drain.
    Yeah, Mana Drain is a UU counterspell that gives you X colorless during your next main phase equal to the CMC of the countered spell. It's... well, it's amazing.

20. - Top - End - #1010

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Yeah, Mana Drain is a UU counterspell that gives you X colorless during your next main phase equal to the CMC of the countered spell. It's... well, it's amazing.
    It was less amazing when mana burn was still around and blue had rather terrible creatures, but it was still pretty stupid. Back then, you had Channel Fireball combos... and then the blue player Mana Drains, and then Fireballs you back. Regardless, the spell is nothing to scoff at.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1011

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Blinky View Post
    Has anything been spoiled for it yet? I'm interested, especially since I run Azusa, Lost But Seeking as my prime EDH general, but I don't want to get something that expensive without know what's in it.
    They've only spoiled one piece of art, and it looks like glacial chasm.

I'm hoping for Maze of Ith, but I'm unsure if it'll be in there.
    Not again...

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

They'd sell like crazy if they put in Wasteland, Rishadan Port, and Maze of Ith.

23. - Top - End - #1013

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    They'd sell like crazy if they put in Wasteland, Rishadan Port, and Maze of Ith.
    A guy at my FLGS promised to give me a free Snapcaster Mage if it included both Wasteland and Maze of Ith. Needless to say, I really hope it includes both.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1014

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Even if it only included one, that'd still make up for the price of the box.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

In the green/white Avacyn ramo deck I'm making, should I throw in Gavony townships?

26. - Top - End - #1016

In the green/white Avacyn ramo deck I'm making, should I throw in Gavony townships?
    Probably. You have tokens, so it's a good idea by itself, but you also have the ramp to use it and do other stuff on your turn. Or activate multiple Townships...
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

You know I think I like hearing about new sets more than actually playing with the them.
    And on that note, we have the returning mechanic of M13
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2012-05-24 at 02:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

You know I think I like hearing about new sets more than actually playing with the them.
    And on that note, we have the returning mechanic of M13
    Spoiler
    Show
    But I wanted Banding.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    But I wanted Banding.
    It would be the perfect mechanic for a core set!
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

It would be the perfect mechanic for a core set!
    M13: Bands with other core sets.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman