New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXII: Cupcakes and Kittens and Squirrels. Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Its hatperson.
    Sounds like you have a boiling, blazing hatred of him which overrides everything else including humorous commentary like logic.

Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Troll in the Playground

The fact that the player cams aren't synced up with the in-game action is really spoilery, especially since the cams always fan out to the crowds after the game ends.

Edit:
    One of Hecarim's lines is "Suffering is magic."
    squeal.
    Also, his passive's ratio ostensibly scales from 10% to 25% over the course of 18 levels.
    And his W indeed heals him for up to 30% of the damage that the affected enemies take from all sources.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-04-07 at 06:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    The fact that the player cams aren't synced up with the in-game action is really spoilery, especially since the cams always fan out to the crowds after the game ends.
    I keep forgetting the player cams exist. Also Jax + Galio; so dangerous.

also: http://imgur.com/Jta4j
    Last edited by 9mm; 2012-04-07 at 06:42 PM.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Sounds like you have a boiling, blazing hatred of him which overrides everything else including humorous commentary like logic.

It was more of a joke because everyone says how bad Hatperson is (and actually he's not very good, but meh).

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

Crowd going nutzo...
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

It was more of a joke because everyone says how bad Hatperson is (and actually he's not very good, but meh).
    With a name like that he should probably be doing TF2 commentary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Bugbear in the Playground

That was a crazy end to the game.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

So we again have to deal with a clueless dumb girl (who isn't even that pretty. )
    You mean Cristina Vee? The voice actress for Riven?

Also, wtf happened? I thought this game was going to be a clean sweep for Crs. Wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    You mean Cristina Vee? The voice actress for Riven?

Also, wtf happened? I thought this game was going to be a clean sweep for Crs. Wtf.
    I guess... she seems so... bad at doing her job. "Hey guys... exciting base race?" Even Hatperson had more personality.

What happened to curse: Inability to finish game because Kog > Vayne because Range IS everything on an AD carry. ALso: Crumbzz #1 gamethrower.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Banned

Crs killed off three of Mono's players, but Mono stole baron. That started the comeback. I completely do not understand why, at that point in the game, Crs didn't just push in Mono's base. After that, Kog and Vlad became death machines, with Ahri and Mundo and Janna making up a formidable protection squad.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Crs killed off three of Mono's players, but Mono stole baron. That started the comeback. I completely do not understand why, at that point in the game, Crs didn't just push in Mono's base. After that, Kog and Vlad became death machines, with Ahri and Mundo and Janna making up a formidable protection squad.
    Yeah, I also want to point out that Paradoxical is playing like some sort of God.

12. - Top - End - #672

Just saw the PBE patch notes; all I can think of is "Swain's R sustain is reduced. All shall tremble." (Ok, not really, but I am willing to bet that it will have a surprisingly bigger impact than just reading the change leads one to think.)

Also, Atma's has finally happened. They've been saying it for so long, and so many players have been saying it for so long, that the only reason one shouldn't have seen it coming is the belief that they just were going to say it forever and do nothing.

Ironically I still don't think the hp to ad portion was the killer; what I thought really made it what it was is the critical chance. Sure, getting a good chunk of AD if you had a Warmogs with it was a great deal, but the fact that it also covers your autoattacking needs? Not to mention that, if you get a metagolem, it combined with trinity force for a crit chance that a carry wouldn't complain about (although wouldn't be proud of, either.)

And Hecarim; I wonder how much of the bonus MS will convert to AD. I kind of feel like he should create the new set "WarDancer"
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Banned

100,000 viewers. Jeebus.

14. - Top - End - #674

Nidalee is just rocking top, and that double gank on mid was pretty awesome. I though the aggressive Alistar was going to make top a joke, but damn dat Nidalee.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

100,000 viewers. Jeebus.
    Bubble bubble pop pop.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I don't think I'd ever bring myself to say this but....

THANK GOD RIVINGTON IS CASTING THIS GAME.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Banned

dis kpop
    *blank stare*

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Nidalee is just rocking top, and that double gank on mid was pretty awesome. I though the aggressive Alistar was going to make top a joke, but damn dat Nidalee.
    Stolen blue really cut into Alistar's early game. Nidalee harass > Vlad.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-04-07 at 08:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #678

It looks like TSM has managed to break the "solo queue heroes" mentality they had going. Especially last tourny it was showing, but they're showing some pretty close teamwork so far this game
    Last edited by Nadevoc; 2012-04-07 at 09:19 PM. Reason: I can spell!

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    It looks like TSM has managed to break the "solo queue heroes" mentality they had going. Especially last tourny it was showing, but they're showing some pretty close teamwork so far this game
    Jonas Dinh's coaching and cooking must be paying off.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Dwarf in the Playground

Man, those blue minions. They almost got Xpecial, man. He just barely got away with 15 hp. One more attack, man.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Boowells View Post
    Man, those blue minions. They almost got Xpecial, man. He just barely got away with 15 hp. One more attack, man.
    This is why Phreak is a good caster. even if he does say stupid thing sometimes...

22. - Top - End - #682

I was actually amused when they focused on Janna and her CSing.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Banned

Corki Taric Ryze Lee Mundo? Sorry, that's an early game snowball comp, and Vlad and Karthus won their lanes hard with Noc gank support. Dignitas never had a chance.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Secretly hoping for Dyrus to go AP Taric top.

Super pro strat yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #685

Corki Taric Ryze Lee Mundo? Sorry, that's an early game snowball comp, and Vlad and Karthus won their lanes hard with Noc gank support. Dignitas never had a chance.
    Which part of this is an early game snowball comp? I don't understand, which isn't to say you're wrong. Ryze is a late game hero to me. Corki's strong early, but he's an AD carry, and all AD carries build well into late game. Are Lee Sin/Mundo early? I'm not terribly familiar with either, but feel like they should both work late game.

This is why Phreak is a good caster. even if he does say stupid thing sometimes...
    Phreak isn't always super professional, but he loves what he's doing and has fun with it, and it definitely shows.
    Last edited by Nadevoc; 2012-04-07 at 10:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm liking this Phreak+Rivington duo. They're actually excited to watch the game.
    Other than that, TSM is making risky risky moves. That Baron could've gone SOO poorly.

Again, I'm liking Dignitas and their displacement team. It's clever, but we haven't seen how well it can work in full out teamfights.
    Last edited by Boowells; 2012-04-07 at 10:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Which part of this is an early game snowball comp? I don't understand, which isn't to say you're wrong. Ryze is a late game hero to me. Corki's strong early, but he's an AD carry, and all AD carries build well into late game. Are Lee Sin/Mundo early? I'm not terribly familiar with either, but feel like they should both work late game.
    Lee Sin and Taric fall off pretty hard. Corki is a very mid-game dominant AD carry, compared to lategame monsters like Kog'Maw/Vayne/Tristana.

Ryze is fairly strong at almost every stage of the game, and Mundo becomes pretty decent, but it's absolutely nothing compared to the Vlad/Karthus/Janna/etc monstrosity.

Edit:
    Rivington is the main weakness of this casting comp. He lacks game knowledge and his color commentary is also pretty weak, so he doesn't bring anything to the table aside from a second voice.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-04-07 at 10:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Rivington is the main weakness of this casting comp. He lacks game knowledge and his color commentary is also pretty weak, so he doesn't bring anything to the table aside from a second voice.
    He is a lot better than Hatperson and more experienced than Redbaron (redbaron isn't Terrible, but he is not very good).

To be completely honest, I think I like Phreak better than Dan Dinh. But that might be on account of Dan always being put with Hat Person or Red Baron...

29. - Top - End - #689

Lee Sin and Taric fall off pretty hard. Corki is a very mid-game dominant AD carry, compared to lategame monsters like Kog'Maw/Vayne/Tristana.

Ryze is fairly strong at almost every stage of the game, and Mundo becomes pretty decent, but it's absolutely nothing compared to the Vlad/Karthus/Janna/etc monstrosity.

Edit:
    How hard does Lee Sin fall off? Is that "he doesn't scale as much as most tops" or "he just doesn't scale well" deal? I finally own LS and know he's a really common jungle, so I'm wondering if he doesn't scale well there, either.

Taric keeps his stun + auras so I don't feel like he scales *that* poorly. It's true that Corki isn't a super strong late game AD carry, though.

EDIT for afterthought:

I actually like Rivington, though possibly just personal resonance with his personality.

EDIT 2:

I notice most teams are giving red buff to their AD ranged carry. Is this considered the norm? I thought it was normally given to top or jungle because it's more effective on melee.
    Last edited by Nadevoc; 2012-04-07 at 11:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #690

Jungler takes it early for ganks, but lategame AD carry wants to be able to kite and chase. Sure, it doesn't slow as much on ranged, but it slows enough to still be faster than the enemy.