New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Isles of Despair Duel

Sophos and Sophia, a pair of Dvati Dragonborn twins (who are now mineral warriors too) challenged an Archivist (12th level) employed by Cade, a noble who rules a decent sized city. What's at stake is the right to cast a single (unspecified) spell, without penalties from law or resistance or warding. And it just so happens that I bought a scroll of Dominate Person...

Here's my character: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=666789

Rules: 120 foot diameter arena, people stand at podiums 60 feet apart. No melee attacks (except from summoned creatures), no magical effects prior to entrance, no items (except, y'know, basic clothes. Not going nude). People are allowed to rest and recover fully beforehand. First to fall unconscious, die or give up loses.

Quirks: Magic is extremely wacky. Spell components are fairly rare, and people get half spells, but spells deal double damage. Similarly, magic items cost double but have doubled or increased effects. Also, deities are just people with a lot of worshippers -technically anyone can ascend.

My initiative: (1d20+2)[20]

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If someone goes first, move forward 30 feet and ready an action to breath lightning (regular, not entangling) if the Archivist starts casting. If two people go first, both move up 30 feet, but the first one moves up and breathes entangling lightning, while the second readies an action.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2013-11-15 at 10:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Isles of Despair Duel

Initiative isn't showing...? (1d20+2)[11]

Edit: Ah, there we go. Second initiative: [roll]1d20+2[/roll]

If flavor is needed, the first was Sophos, the second was Sophia.

Edit2: *twitch* *twitch* I guess I could post again, if you can't roll on edits to prevent cheating...?
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2013-11-15 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Response to Roll

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Second Initiative: (1d20+2)[15]

Edit: FINALLY
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2013-11-15 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Response to Roll

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Wait. Changing my action.

Spoiler
    Show
    As the other one, except if both go first ready action to entangle, not just breath. Also, change trigger to "when an identified spell cast likely to kill or KO either one of us or an unidentified spell is cast".

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Adding a few details to my actions.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's also going to be a Earth Strike (from Mineral Warrior) and Power Surged for +1 damage/die, so boost that save to DC 28 and the damage to 4d6+9. Concentration DC 32

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

*sigh* this is getting a little absurd. Oh well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If both first, their both going to move 30 feet forward, and then ready actions to burrow 5 feet down and 10 feet towards the archivist as soon as he starts casting. If I'm allowed to drag people, if either one goes first, drag them 15 feet forward and ready action to drag them down.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=711573
    (1d20+3)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show
    cast bands of steel then quickened sleep I take 4 con damage

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

OOC note: Screw my previous notes about actions. Let's just say that was them debating what they were going to do while traveling...

You see the twins you've been told to duel, and even at the sixty foot regulation distance you can see their alleged beauty. They dash forward, closing the gap between you and them, approximately halving the distance between you and them.

Spoiler
    Show
    One has a readied action to burrow diagonally down and forward 5 feet, dragging his sister, if there's a threat that will immediately end the duel (sleep, heavy damage, immobilize, ect), meaning spellcraft success and identifying a dangerous spell or unidentified spell. The other has a readied action to blast Entangling Lightning if there's a chance that they will be unable to hit the Archivist (same conditions as the above, but also moving out of range and teleportation spells).
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2013-11-22 at 02:07 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spellcraft for any spells:

(1d20+9)[12] and (1d20+9)[25]

Note: They have telepathy, so both know everything the other knows. Cool stuff.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2013-11-22 at 01:04 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

The results: Archivist tries to Bands of Steel, he gets blasted with entangling lightning. He succeeds but the two dive out of sight, fizzling the spell. The two move forward, and the Archivist summons a small earth elemental. However, before the elemental can get there, the two run up to the Archivist. Then the Archivist tries to Levitate, but gets blasted by two Smite-imbued, Power Surged breath weapons. This almost knocks him unconscious, and he then falls unconscious from the residual damage from entangling lightning.