New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

Li sees that Ur-Agal and their new ally have the goblins before him blocked off and held at bay. He heads for the nearest unengaged goblin over the rocks. His arms opening wide as he closes in to bear hug the goblin and crush the air from his chest.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action: Move to f11
    Touch Attack to start grapple: (1d20+6)[26]
    Opposed Grapple Ckeck to do Unarmed Damage: (1d20+13)[23]
    Unarmed Damage (Subdual): (1d8+4)[8]

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual flurries on her goblin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1: (1d20+4)[20], Damage (1d6+3)[5]
    Attack 2: (1d20+4)[11], Damage (1d6+3)[6]
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Goblin9 blocks Vir-Sashi's kick, but the left hook lays him out hard. As he falls, he flails with his arm in defense, but takes a savage bite to his forearm for the effort. He crashes to the ground, unconscious from the savage attack, but Tilmek's spear-like fist burrows into his solar plexus, causing bone to crack and blood to spew from his mouth as he hits the dirt.

Goblin12 (D11) doesn't know what hits him when Li blasts him in the side. He crashes hard into the ground, banging his head against a rock and going limp.

Meanwhile, Necahual crushes the life from another dying goblin.

Hybsil1 tries to make sense of the tangle of bodies ahead of him. Rather than risk shooting one of his allies, he pulls an arrow and readies a strike in case a goblin breaks through the lines.

Goblin9 sputters a bit more blood. He looks terribly pale and weak.

Hybsil2 goes in for the kill against Goblin2, wasting no time to bestow mercy on the goblins at his feet. One arrow to the heart finishes the fould creature.

Coanacoch, you're up.

Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show

Technical Details:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hybsil1 (C7): Ready Attack
    Goblin9: Stabilize 1-10: 32
    Hybsil2 (G8): Coups de Grace (5,1,1), Goblin2 Fort (14)

Initiative:
    Hybsil2
    Coanacoch
    Hybsil3 1 hp
    Ur-Agal 27 hp
    Goblin12
    Goblin8 AC 13, 1 round
    Vir-Sashi
    Tilmek 14 hp
    Li
    Necahual
    Hybsil1

Out of Init:
    Goblin2 Dead
    Goblin3 Dead
    Goblin4 Unconscious
    Goblin7 Unconscious
    Goblin9 Dying -7 hp
    Goblin10 Unconscious
    Goblin11 Stable -1 hp
    Goblin13 Unconscious
    Goblin14 Unconscious
    Goblin15 Unconscious
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

4. - Top - End - #844
    Colossus in the Playground

The others have the remaining two goblins, and those goblins are not likely to charge the young ones. Coanoch will still remain instead of joining in the pointless (to him) bloodletting. However, he will begin keeping his eyes and ears outwards from the battle. The sounds might draw even more goblins, and the wounded monk would give his life for the younger two if needed than have them be ambushed from behind.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hybsil3 skitters back, draws and fires. His wounds look grave. Sweat is beading on his forehead and he looks pale from blood loss. The arrow is released clumsily and ricochets off the goblin's armor.

Ur-Agal wastes no time drawing his sickle. Instead he unleashes his fury on the last standing goblin. He attempts to sweep away the javelin arm with his left arm and jab the ribs with his right, but the goblin parries the first strike. But he quickly regroups with an open palm strike to the nose, shattering the cartilage and spraying blood everywhere. Goblin8 flies through the air, and lands hard on his back, clutching at his destroyed face. Goblin9s breathing becomes more shallow. He looks close to death, and can no longer form words or recognize where he is.

Ur-Agal looks to the group as the last goblin falls. "Is everyone ok?"

Technical Details:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hybsil3: Move (Shift D10:D9) Attack (9)
    Ur-Agal: FoB (8,14) Damage (7)
    Combat XP: 450 each
    Stabilizing Rolls: Goblin8 (1, Stable), Goblin9 (45)

Dead/Dying/Unconcsious:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goblin2 Dead
    Goblin3 Dead
    Goblin4 Unconscious
    Goblin7 Unconscious
    Goblin8 Stable -2 hp
    Goblin9 Dying -8 hp
    Goblin10 Unconscious
    Goblin11 Stable -1 hp
    Goblin13 Unconscious
    Goblin12 Unconscious
    Goblin14 Unconscious
    Goblin15 Unconscious

Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-01-18 at 01:17 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

6. - Top - End - #846

Coanoch looks to Ur-Agal, "Well, I did have a javelin crack the lower back part of my right shoulder and poke right through, but I'm alright, all things considered."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek relaxes slightly and holds his arm against his bleeding side. "I got grazed, but its nothing a good nights sleep cant fix." he says looking around at the goblins on the ground. He notices that alot more are still breathing than he expected. "So who else was trying to keep at least one alive?"
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

Li turns to Ur-Agal. I am unharmed.

With that he reaches into his pack and pulls out 50' of rope in a tight bundle. He then sets to the nearest unconscious goblin. Slowly, and carefully, he begins to remove all of the goblin's gear down to its loin cloth...or whatever it uses as an under garment. He wants to leave it bare with no gear.

As he works he calls out to the others, Strip them down. Remove anything the living could use as a tool, and bring them over here. We will bind them like a chain gang. Once we are certain we have them all, we will wake them and march them to our temporary shelter. When we are safe...well as safe as we can be...from another attack, we can question them. DO. NOT. KILL. ANY. GOBLINS... If they die on their own, that is one thing, but we need not bloody our hands worse.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilemk nods and keeps his surprise to himself. He bigns working on the goblin nearest to him when he realizes that it would probably not even be able to regain consciousness, let alone march while tied up. "What should we do with those who are bleeding out?"

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The Hybsil form a perimeter as the group strips and organizes the equipment. The hunting party was traveling light to keep up with the Hybsil, but you manage to round up a few things of value. Each of them are carrying belt pouches containing some measure of silver and copper pieces worth about 400 gp. Each goblin came equipped with four small sized javelins. After examining their quality, you find that only 51 of them are still of good enough quality for combat use and resale. Each of them were wearing leather armor, but the battle proved hard on the equipment. Only three of them are in good enough condition for battle. Underneath, their outfits, you find that they are equipped with sackcloth clothing, of which 13 are in usable condition with a good washing and a few stitches here and there, and each belt is equipped with a small, jagged hunting knife.

As you finish tying up the goblins that are still alive, the Jobar, the Hybsil you spoke with earlier turns to Ur-Agal and utters something in fey.

Ur-Agal turns to Li. "Why do you wish to keep these guys prisoners? It would appear these are scalpers. They hunt the hybsil and take their scalps, saving the horns for their magical properties. There isn't much love to be found between the hybsil and goblins."

Treasure:
    Spoiler
    Show
    4,000 SP
    60 Small Javelins, 51 usable
    15 Small Leather Armor, 3 usable
    15 Sackcloth (Peasant) Outfits ,13 usable
    15 Small hunting knives
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Li turns to Tilmek, If they look like they can survive a march feed them one of these...if not, show them the mercy of nature. With that he holds out three potions of cure minor wounds.

He turns to Ur-Agal, but his eyes are cold. I am keeping them alive to get answers. I am not satisfied with the words of the Hybsils. If we had joined the goblins they would tell us similar stories of horror about the Hybsil. I want to hear it from their mouths. Then, if they are as evil as they are made out to be, we can punish them. I, however, will not kill based on the words of Fey alone.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Ur-Agal nods agreement. "A fair point," then he turns to the Hybsil and exchanges words with them. They look from Li to Ur-Agal a few times as he speaks, then to the goblins and respond briskly but they do nothing to show protestation or hostility.

"I explained that we are part of a just system and they will remain our prisoners until we can fairly judge their actions. They seem fine with the arrangement as long as the goblins remain bound and unarmed."

He examines the group. "We are wounded, but I still think we should move on. That little cave won't hold all of us, and the Hybsil have offered to arrange a meeting with a forest guardian. With their help, we can meet with the Dryads, the Fossergrim, the Oreads, or the Verdant Prince. What does the group wish?"
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-01-19 at 09:01 AM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

Li says calmly while continuing to bind goblins, Bring me near a dryad, and I show them the Alaghi heads before adding their own to the pile. I...no we have a score to settle with them. I am tired of this place, and I doubt that the Verdant Prince in someone we can handle even at our best if negotiations turn sour. So my vote is for one of the other two.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

"I dont know anything about any of them, what would your suggestion be Ur-agal?"

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

"Verdant Prince," says Necahual. "Ask the source, and the nature of this girl. I will no more curse angels for the action of devils than I will one fey for another."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Ur-Agal furrows his brow as he tries to remember what he knows about these exotic fey.

"I must confess, I know very little about these particular fey types. The Fossergrim are a type of water guardian. They are said to be good omens. I have never heard of a Fossergrim attacking anyone who doesn't attack them first.

We will find an Oread in the mountains or hills, most likely to the west of here. They are guardians of the mountains, and can be unpredictable and very dangerous. I have had the displeasure to come across one in my days in the military. We lost half our men to a cave-in that an Oread caused when we were overseeing a mining expedition. A mountain with an Oread is said to be cursed, and only by their blessing will you pass through their territories unharmed. But they are very knowledgeable and quite powerful; one could be a valued ally to the monastery. An Oread, properly motivated, could hide us within her mountain so well that no invading force could find us, should we need to retreat there.

I am afraid I know nothing about this Verdant Prince beyond what the Hybsil have told me. Taken at their word, a Verdant Prince is a very dangerous type of fey, one known to strike deals to provide aid or even grant wishes to those in need, but at a very hefty price."
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

17. - Top - End - #857

"I agree with my sister, especially this girl has since been plopped in our lap for no known purpose. Better to find an answer from the source, if we can. Verdant Prince."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #858
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

"I agree. If he is, indeed, a prince, then he is the only member of the fey in this entire woodland that has claimed any title of dominion. It seems only right to approach this prince and petition him for aid."

He turns to the Hybsil and speaks to them, occasionally gesturing to the rest of the group, while the Hybsil look from him to you, then the goblins, then gesture out to the woods a few times in the same general direction.

Ur-Agal turns to the group with a nod. "Jobar says that the Hybsil will continue northward, but he has agreed to travel with us to the Prince's territories as a guide. He says he owes Li that much for saving his brother's life."

When everyone is ready, the group begins their march. Jobar explains that the Verdant Prince lives northeast of their current location, in the thickest part of the woods. With goblins and the children in tow, travel is slow and difficult, but a few hours in the forest begins to thicken and grow wild. You reach a calm pool, surrounded on all sides by dense growth. Sparkling likes twinkle over the water, sending shimmers of blue, purple and green over its surface. All around you, it is about as dark as twilight and shadows loom heavily on the borders of the site. Jobar turns to Ur-Agail and gestures to his friends as well as your group while talking.

Spoiler
    Show

Ur-Agal turns to the group. "This is where our groups part ways. Jobar will lead us the rest of the way northeast and the Hybsils will continue their march north. He also says that if you need to refill your water skins, here is the best place to do it."

Even as Ur-Agal is translating the other two hybsil splash water on their faces, dip their water skins into the pond and chatter softly amongst themselves. They seem more relaxed here than they had since you met them.

"We can rest here for a bit," Ur-Agal sighs. "I would like to learn more about the prince we are soon to meet; the children and the prisoners no doubt need rest as well."

The boy seems more or less fine and able to carry on. Libby, though she hasn't complained yet, looks positively exhausted. The goblins, so close to death, aren't looking too good either. Libby's stomach growls noticeably and she blushes a little.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual asks Ur-Agal, "Is it good form to hunt or forage here, or should we wait until we see the prince. If it were just me, I would try to hold out, but Libby needs her strength. If you hunt, I recommend Vir-Sashi go with you; his animal nature might be of use."
    Current Games

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Ur-Agal turns to Necahual. "Hunting for food isn't frowned upon by the fey. Only those who seek to despoil their lands receive the brunt of their wrath. I concur with you. Vir-Sashi and I will see what we may find."

He turns to Jobar and explains himself to the Hybsil, who merely shrug and go back to their conversation.

After that, Ur-Agal and Vir-Sashi take off.

Vir-Sashi: Aid Another (1d20+3)[20]
    Ur-Agal: Survival (1d20+10)[27]
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek takes his water skin from his pack and starts refilling it. "I can fill everyone elses while im here." He says, extending his hand to the others.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual is careful with the adolescent boy and the young girl, making sure they hydrate well without drinking too quickly. She then has her own drink.

"Sorry," she says to Tilmek. "But I have no waterskin for myself or the others."
    Current Games

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

Li tosses his skin to Tilmek, and lowers his pack to the ground as he faces the goblin lines.
    I recommend that those who do not want to witness something a bit less savory than most are accustomed to seeing in their lives, busy themselves with setting up to prepare a temporary camp.

With that said, Li looks to the line up of their prisoners and sighs a bit. He squats in front of the nearest one and speaks slowly and clearly. Who amongst you can understand me, and speak my tongue? If you cooperate with me, you will be treated much more fairly than if you refuse or try to deceive us.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The goblins look rough. Many are sporting broken bones and swollen jaws or black eyes. Some are still spitting loose teeth from their mouths. Still dazed though they may be, it's clear they understand the predicament that they're in. The goblins exchange blank expressions with each other as Li speaks to them, but they otherwise remain silent.

Two of them drop to their knees and grovel, blithering in their native language.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Li looks to the goblins and shakes his head from side to side. This was going to be much like the last time at this rate. He didn't want it to be so, but if it has to be, than atleast it is he who dirties his hands.

He spoke calmly to the others, but it was obvious that his words were geared at the two youths not part of the monastery. Do not look at what I am about to do, nor the mess I am to clean up afterwards. Ignore the sounds that come from me and my act. Most of all, judge not the hand covered in blood unwashable, for it is tainted for the betterment of us all. Best one suffer than all.

Turning back towards the goblins, his face became blank. He did his best to hide any feelings. This time, there was no anger. No outrage to cloud his mind and make it easier.

He looked to the groveling goblins at his feet, then to the rest. I know your ilk are capable of the language of man. I heard it from their lips in the past. They too did not wish to speak to the likes of man, but they talked to me.

I understand that to the Hybsil you are monsters who hunt them as trophies. Is this true?
    If not, then tell me your reasons for hunting the fey. For you see, I too collect trophies from foes. Those that have attacked me with murder in their hearts, and a desire to kill my comrades.

As Li speaks, he reaches into his pack calmly and slowly. When he finishes, he slowly pulls out the heads of the Alaghi that attacked the party, and the shaman from the tent. Head dress and all.

Then with a still blank face he speaks loudly and sharply,Now, will you speak, or join the Alaghi in this collection of death?!

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

"Young ones," Necahual says to them. "Do look on what he is about to do. Do look at the death, and the mess that comes after. Do listen to the sounds of his act. He acts alone. Remember these sights and sounds, and you will see how many tin-tyrants and self-important would-be-despots started out the same way."

She looks to Li. "You say, 'best that one suffer.' Which one are you talking about? Because the way you speak, I read that as one, by one, by one they suffer for the betterment of all. I know what you would say, but there is no honor in this. Regardless of your sense of the pragmantic, you shame us, our masters, and the Abbey. Worse, our entire mission - which is to fight the more 'matured' version of the path you are dangerously about to tread - is endangered for you know that our movements do not go unwatched by the fey. If this vent is what you offer, then they may well do more than simply not accept an alliance.

"Then again, it seems you have nothing but hate in your heart for them as well."
    Current Games

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The children look up from the pool of water. The boy looks nervously from Necahual to Li, but doesn't move. Libby, mouth still dripping water that she's apparently been guzzling, peers around the boy. "What's going on?" When she's in position to see the severed Alaghi heads, she freezes for a moment, then shrieks like hell itself was coming after her.

At this, all the goblins scramble as well as they can in their bindings, hooping and shrieking in fear, jabbering in their primitive language. One is pushed out to the front, and every time it tries to run back to join the group, it's kicked back to Li's feet. The wiry creature looks up at Li with a regretful, "Aw, hell" look on his face as he considers the fate that awaits him.

The Hybsil watch the exchange curiously, but offer no clear sign of their feelings toward this interaction.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

28. - Top - End - #868

Coanoch shakes his head. "I was too wounded to see your efforts before. But since when do we take trophies of the dead? Just because we are trained to defend ourselves does not mean we should revel in the death we have delivered, regardless of what pragmatic purpose you have fooled yourself into rationalizing.

"Your heart is far afield since you witnessed the massacre, Li. Don't forget who we are and who we represent. If we killed the goblins after battle, that would have been fine. But now, since we took them prisoner, we are now responsible for their health and well-being. They are not your blood-filled waterskins to kick around for sadistic purposes, even if you think they have information."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Li forces himself to to hold in what he wants to say to the others. If they knew how much he hated what he did at the massacre, and what he is doing now, it wouldn't change anything. He is still doing it. Though the thought is wrong on the one to suffer. It is not the goblins, but himself. Even if they die by his hands, the hybsils', or another being's they are done with suffering anything that they hold as a taint. Li still must carry on with it, and more for each time he does what he must.

Li places the Alaghi heads back into his haversack before kneeling in front of the panicked goblin. Look goblin, all you need do is answer my questions in a tongue one of us understands. If you do that, then you can be guaranteed fair trial by the monastery I and my companion hail from. If you refuse, then you be handed over to the Fey that you have terrorized for their own brand of trial and justice. Now speak!

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The boy covers Libby's mouth and moves her to a location out of sight of the events and tries to calm her. Birds have scattered from the region after her ear piercing shriek, and now, save the the sounds of the group, the pool is eerily quiet.

The groveling goblin at Li's feet clenches his fist in frustration and slowly rises to his knees. "Burgy spakes de toong of man. Dough Bergy not spakes good." He catches his breath and searches for the right words, "Burgy not bad. Burgy no wants hunt de deer man. Burgy get no choice. Let Burgy go. Burgy go away. Humans take da deer man. Horn make much gold. Strong magic." The goblin shakes his head eagerly like a sleazy used weapons vendor trying to seal a deal.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry