New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

Tlmek sits down to the meal, thinking about how close the group came to fracturing. He eats in silence as he thinks about what his training at the abby would tell him about the situation.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

After dinner is served, the Hybsil take a share of the rations and go their separate ways, leaving only Jobar behind as a guide. Being around others who speak Common has refreshed his memory some, and he's venturing to speak the tongue more frequently. He and Ur-Agal share tales of the hunt, as they march along this placid section of the forest. Even as lush as these woods have been, it is nothing compared to the rich and wild beauty of Verdant Prince's outer territories. Everything feels so alive. Even the grass and flowers seem to sigh at your passing. Leaves whisper messages from one tree to the next. Squirrels stop to watch your passing, making little noise except to crunch on whatever food they have in your hands. As you walk along the trackless route, you begin to take note that all the animals of the forest are simply watching you... not as predator or prey, simply watching with a degree of impartiality that makes you feel like a witness on the stand at a courtroom. Jobar seems fairly unfazed by all this, but Ur-Agal is fingering his crossbow a little more frequently with each step.

Then, music can be heard. It is soft at first, but you can make out the haunting whistle of pipes. Jobar's ears perk up and he stops moving or talking for several seconds.

"You can find him on your own from here. That is the song of the satyrs. Follow their music and you will enter the Verdant Prince's glade. They use magic to muddy your mind. If you keep your mind, do not let them know you are free of their spell, or they will kill you. And raise no weapons in the presence of the Verdant Prince. They will do you no good in his Seraglio."

With that, he shakes hands with Ur-Agal, waves goodbye to the rest, then leaves the way he came, a little light on his hooves as if he can't wait to get out of there. The goblins are looking even more nervous as they huddle together, shaking in fear, muttering some strange chant.

The boy seems antsy, and shifts on his feet, clutching at the dagger Li gave him, which, for now at least is still in its sheath.

Libby, on the other hand, is fascinated by this whole setting, and seems to be moving forward, almost dancing, so entranced is she by the song of the pipes that echoes hauntingly off the trees.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek walks over to the boy and slowly takes the knife from the boy. "It's not that i dont think youve earned it, I just think it would be best kept out of sight." He slips it into his robe and its obvious by the way he held it, he has little experience with weapons.

Tilmek then walks over to the others and says, "Perhaps we should leave the goblins here. Taking them to the prince seems a bad idea, what with their past and obvious dislike of Fey."

4. - Top - End - #904
    Colossus in the Playground

Coanoch, even with discussion of party ... strolls along the pathless forest towards the music, straining his ear to get more and more of it.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

Li stops when he sees his knife taken from the boy. His eyes on Tilmek.

Return the dagger Tilmek. We are all jumpy, and the boy's actions are natural. Should things go wrong, he will need it to protect the girl as they flee.

If we leave the goblins they may escape, or be killed in our absence. Neither is what we promised or they deserve. That is, unless someone wishes to stay behind and safe guard them until the others return.

Li's own hands tensing and relaxing from fist to open palm as he speaks. This is like the Dryad's grove all over again. Just on a much deadlier scale. If they fail to resist the song they are good as dead. If they resist it and are found out, they are dead. Violence is unacceptable here. If the prince attacks them, they will be surrounded and outmatched.

In all honesty, Li wishes he was packing alot more cold iron and the others shared his views.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual looks to Li, not in the same challenging manner as before, but it may be perceived as such. "Li, if you think they need guarding, considering your overall hostile mood and jumpiness, perhaps it is better that you stay behind."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

Li looks to Necahual and smirks, I am not missing this. After all the crap to get here, I am seeing this through. Besides, you guys might need me if things go as well with the Satyrs as they did with the Dryads.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

"What if we let the boy stay here and guard them? We can tie them up so they cant cause trouble, he can keep the knife, and it keeps the boy away from the Prince. Libby could stay to." Tilmek says trying to be a peace maker before there is even an argument.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The boy blurts out "Kevin... that's my name. It's not 'boy'. And who says I want to babysit a bunch of goblins and a little girl, anyway?" He looks around, snapped out of his fear by his indignation. "Hey, where is she, anyway?"

It's at that point that you notice Libby is gone. The music changes its tune sharply, and you hear Libby shriek for a moment, but stop halfway as if she were suddenly silenced.

The pipes continue to blow their haunting and beautiful melody.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

10. - Top - End - #910

Coanoch rushes toward the sound.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

You don't get a choice right now Kevin! You don't want to see what this is...trust me!. With that Li is off trucking it like a freight train. Full speed ahead towards the pipes. The rope for the goblin chain gang dropped faster than a piece of glowing white steel fresh from the coals.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual likewise rushes towards Libby's scream.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

As the group of monks charge through the woodland, Kevin is left, still mid-protest, watching you bolt off as the goblins mill about awkwardly in their bindings... all trying to figure out what to do next.

Blasting through the woods, you hear the music shift again a half a dozen bounding steps before you crash through the entrance to a beautiful forest glade. The pipes you heard were being played by two satyrs who prance about playfully around a small pool where a nymph luxuriates and something else that looks like a nymph, but paler and with larger, more child-like eyes, except with shimmering irises and long white hair. Four dryads drift amongst the trees, and dancing amongst them all, seemingly in a trance, is Libby.

The music softens and you each hear whispers, but it's hard to detect the direction. The pale woman sways back and forth, singing a hauntingly beautiful song as soon as the first of you (Li) enters the glade.

Each of you roll 2 Will Saves, please:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First Roll: DC 13
    Second Roll: DC 17
    Li Only: Roll a third Will Save (DC 19)
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

14. - Top - End - #914

Coanoch presses into the glade.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save #1 (1d20+7)[20]
    Will save #2 (1d20+7)[27]

"Beautiful!" whispers Coanoch to himself (and sincerely). He lets his body fall into the music, while keeping his mind from the descent.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2013-02-08 at 04:45 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual likewise moves in and resists the charm while trying to give in to the music.
    Current Games

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    save 1 (1d20+10)[25]

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    oops i hit tab on accident before entering sorry for the double post

save 2 (1d20+10)[12]

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Li slowly lowers his guard and heads toward the pale woman in the pool. Still, singing, and rising her voice to a slow crescendo, the woman moves toward Li as well, but doesn't quite leave the pool. She is stunning, and the expression on her face could be defined as tender, like a beckoning lover.

Spoiler
    Show

Before Li makes it all the way to the pool, a commanding, masculine voice calls out from a nest of vines and roots, "Stop, Nepha." Sitting there, on a throne that only moments ago did not appear to be there, you see a man... or a male, at least. The girl in the water pouts a bit and softens her song to a barely audible whisper as Li slowly gets into the pool.

Spoiler
    Show

The nymph and the other creature begin to faun over him, and in spite of the lewd display and Li's obvious helplessness, the man who sits on the throne commands the highest amount of attention.

"Welcome, travelers, to our court. Fear not for your goblin slaves and the child you leave to guard them. Our eyes are upon them, and they shall not be harmed, nor allowed to flee. You may rest here and regain your strength." He holds out a hand, and a dryad appears from a nearby tree, offering him an ornate wooden cup, and a plate of fruit and nuts. He takes a sip from the cup and grabs a morsel of food.

"It is our understanding that you require our assistance. We are in the habit of bestowing favors to those who are worthy of our benevolence. Who speaks for your group?"

His words seem genuine, but his mannerisms suggest a barely subtle undertone of superiority. You've no doubt, from the description of the goblins and from his commanding presence, that this is the Verdant Prince.

Li:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are beguiled. I'd say more, but I don't think you have the knowledge checks for it.
    You are irresistibly compelled to come closer to the pale skinned woman. You may speak freely, and defend yourself if necessary. However, your primary interest in life right now is to be closer to this beautiful lady who, for some reason, you feel as if you have been waiting your entire life to meet.

Tilmek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are Charmed
    The Verdant Prince seems trustworthy. Even Li seems to like them. Libby is unharmed, and none of the fey in the glade seem to behave in a threatening manner. While their ways seem a bit decadent, there's no apparent evil here, and the Verdant Prince definitely seems powerful enough to help the monastery. You feel as if you should try your best to convince your friends to cooperate with the Prince.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

19. - Top - End - #919

Coanoch timidly moves to the Verdant Prince and bows, totally overwhelmed and out of sorts in this setting and in this court. "Your ... Highness? I don't speak for the group. As you can see, I do not have the tongue or the looks for it. But I was befriended by Nib and others, and I have ever pushed my companions on to seek the help of the fey and to warn you of the magnitude of what may come."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

Li's form relaxes almost instantly. The tenseness and edge he always carries is ever absent in him now. A smile of joy on his face and a far off, yet longing look fills his eyes. His normally light and fast strides replaced with careless steps towards Nepha. The water splashing loudly in his wake as he draws nearer to her.

For the first time any of you have seen, Li looks at peace. He seems happy and without worry or stress. The anger and alertness held just moments before is gone. It is as if he trusts these Fey completely and has let his guard down and opened himself to their welcoming embrace without a second's thought or hesitation.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The Verdant Prince looks over to a nearby Dryad who whispers in his ear.

"Nib... the Grig from the Dryad grove? He is slow to trust for a member of his species." He smiles magnanimously. "A friend of the fey is a friend of ours. Tell us your troubles. What is the warning you bring to our court?"

The pale woman caresses Li's hair and the Nymph giggles suggestively. Occasionally it seems the two females are almost fighting one another for him, but there is no clear sense of aggression.

Libby prances behind one of the satyrs, giggling about the wag of his little tail.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

22. - Top - End - #922

Coanoch says, "I am humbled by your sense of my goodwill. But for this next part, I look to Tilmek and Li to relate the massacre. After that, as fits chronology, my sister might share what she discovered after we were separated from the main group."

Well, gents. You were at the village the longest ... it's your show.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Li smiles and reaches out to gently caress the two women, pulling them towards him. His force playful, and his touch light, but still the calloused nature of his hands would be apparent. A soft chuckle escaping his lips at the antics of his company.

Uh...Tilmek...why don't a-a-ah...y-you go ahead...go ahead and uh...um yeah...fill his...uh...his grace in. My hands are...well abit full...at the...uh.uhhh...moment. Yeah...that feels nice...real nice.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek smiles happily at seeing how well everything is going and at seeing his usually tense friend genuinielly smile. He clasps his fist and bows low before speaking. "Im glad to see that you are so open to hearing us out." His smile falters as he remembers the massacre and his near death experience. "The shadow of a great evil has fallen over the land.... A town not far from here was butchered and burned beyond recognition. The only survivor is the boy who travels with us, and that is only because he was kidnapped by bandits at the time. An unknown magician laid waste to them and commanded an army of creatures strong enough to pin a man to a wall with a spear." he shifts his feet, uncomfortable saying such evil things in a place like this.

"We come from the Abbey in the hills near here. Those of us who are able, are going to do everything we can to defend this land but there is no guarantee we will be successful. We are here to warn you of the danger that stalks the land and ask for help. We need allies if we are to have any hope, and if not allies then haven. I would not ask you for soldiers or supplies, but passage through your forests and home if ours should fall would be more than welcome."

25. - Top - End - #925
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The prince nods after Tilmek is done speaking, then looks to Libby then Necahual. After ultimately deciding that Necahual is Coanococh's sister, he presses his gazes on her, waiting expectantly for her to speak. He offers nothing more, but while his face remains passive, there is a flicker of recognition in his face when Tilmek describes the tragedy at Cliffside Vale. He offers little else to suggest whether he intends to help or not.

Vir-Sashi stands quietly next to Ur-Agal. The two pretend to be enthralled by the song of the satyrs.

Necahual and Coanacoch:
    Roll a Dip check and a Bluff check.

Tilmek:
    Roll a Dip check.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    crap. tilmek has Cha as a dump score and all his ranks are in balance, tumble, and know (reiligion)

(1d20-2)[4]

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual speaks up, "The bandits mentioned a man, likely a wizard, by the name of Remus Manon. It is unknow if he is truly a man, for the bandit leader had mentioned that Manon had an inhuman vigor that suggested 'far more than the frail limits of human form.

"He came to the bandits as a sage, offering wisdom through which the elder bandit could become a lord of bandits by allying with monsters; secrets he could use to manipulate and control the leaders of Abbor-Alz. He was tempted, but the fey gave him an ultimatum and luckily the bandits denied him. The next morning he was going to kick Manon out of the camp, but he was already gone."
    Current Games

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The Prince listens to Necahual calmly as she speaks, the only indication of his interest is a keen narrowing of the eyes, which darts suspiciously amongst your group.

He braces himself on the throne and rises to a stand. The music of the satyrs quiets to where it can barely be heard amongst the whisper of wind on the trees.

"Tilmek, it is our practice to help those who need it, and are worthy of it. The monastery has shown no true ill will against the fey in all our 700 year reign. Therefore, we are inclined to aid you and have the power to offer you what you seek, but there are conditions. We can offer you no aid without a fair exchange, for it is our way. You must first be specific of your desires. Tell us, do you seek the military aid of the fey, or do you seek shelter within our woods?"

His eyes begin to glow with a magical green light as he focuses squarely on Tilmek. Slowly, the light expands until it forms an emerald halo around his head.

The girls in the pool are all over Li now. The sight is decadent and obscene and there is a mischievous and hungry look in the pale woman's eyes.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-02-11 at 11:57 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

29. - Top - End - #929

Coanoch speaks up, "Verdant Prince, we few here desire shelter within your lands, of course.

"But the problems at hand seem more severe. When I finally made it to the abbey alone (but with the guidance of Nib), it seems that the actual human monarchy of the land doesn't understand this issue. We are alone, at least for now.

"Without a doubt we beseech the aid of the fey, if not in the destruction of this Manon my sister spoke of, then at least a routing of his forces and chasing him from these lands.

"Yes, prince, we seek military aid. Please help us, because I believe this to be an issue that touches us all."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

Li knows that he should speak up. The Abbey doesn't seek military strength to fight, they sought safe haven should their efforts fail. Conacoch speaks false, but while his mind may know this it is held captive by him body's instincts.

It has been too long since he could remember the gentle touch of a woman. He hasn't smelt beauty or nature in far too long, and it is intoxicating him more than any wine has ever dared. He knows it isn't her and he shouldn't allow this, but his mind can't resist.

They feel like her, and smell similar but different. It is nostalgic for him to feel these touches, and hear their gentle voices. Memories of his time with her are flooding his mind. Her laugh and song ringing in his ears alongside these beauties own voices. Her smiling and mischievous face clouding his sight to all else. The sensation of her hands across his body and her body under his making his skin tingle and his body yearn for her now this instant more than he has these years of disgrace.

Still a fire burns hot scalding lines in his body and mind. Every touch over the scars that were gifted by her uncle brings his phantasmal image closer to the front of Li's mind. It threatens to overshadow his joy and pleasure in this delusional embrace of foolish longing and magical enchantment.

The fear and anger towards that one man beginning to surface from the depths of his subconscious like some monster from the depths of an ocean not yet explored. A slumbering leviathan waking from an eon of slumber, enraged at the very thought of being called up from its cave of rest.