New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

"You shall have the military aid that you speak of. Our price is a scrap of paper, possessed by a wielder of magic who abides in your monastery. It shall bear the name of Lord Scott, ruler of Durgeddonvale. You shall also recognize it by a single pinhole on the paper. In spite of its tattered appearance, it cannot be torn. Bring it to us, and place it in our hand. Then you shall have the aid to route your enemies that you seek. Do we have an agreement?" His voice is mysteriously now loud and powerful, but monotone as if in a trance. It echoes... no... resonates from the trees and crashes into Coanacoch's mind like a thunderclap.

Coanacoch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The world goes gray and distant, distorted and shaky as if seen through an old television with bad reception. The only radiant and detailed image you see is the face of the Verdant Prince, his lips moving and his eyes glowing. You understand clearly that something powerful and magical is going on, and while the choice is yours to accept or reject his offer, once the decision is made, it is permanent and cannot be revoked.

For the moment, you feel alone, and even if you were to be screamed at, it would sound like a dull murmur. Were you to be shaken, it would feel like a gentle breeze. Were you to be thrown to the ground, it would only feel as if you had fallen onto a cushion of silken pillows.

The rest of the group sees Coanacoch's eyes now share the bright green flicker that exists in the Verdant Prince's eyes. The area around you quivers with magical power, and as the green light glow of the Verdant Prince's magical halo spreads to illuminate the entire seraglio, an electricity fills the air that causes hair to stand on end. The satyrs dance wildly in response to the presence of power, and the women in the pool writhe seductively. Even the dryads are pirouetting and leaping through the trees, dancing a circle around the seraglio.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-02-12 at 01:58 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

The surge of power crackles through Li. It makes the leviathan in him surge forth. Its power and desire held back by the enchantment. He can feel it thrashing and howling against the magical barrier in his mind trying to make him fight or flee, but it can not make his body move.

Li's serene expression fades as the face of his would be murderer rises before his eyes. The scars on his face and neck burning like when they were fresh wounds clogged with sweat and dirt.

His voice turned cold as the leviathan charges forth and for the briefest moment reaches him. Decline. We seek shelter not war!

After that brief moment his body slips back into its relaxed posture seeking comfort in the embrace of the false suitors. There touches making his scars burn even hotter in his mind. The image of his love lost to him, and replaced with the murderous form of her Uncle.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    As I said, I'm back. Prefferably, before I'll post what Vir-Sashi's doing, I'll make rolls to see what state of mind he even is right now. That would be two will saves, right?
    (1d20+7)[19]
    (1d20+7)[8]
    So, inex, can you tell me how Vir feels?

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual looks at Li and looks back to the VP, "I know what we would be sent to do, but I think my brother here is more far-seeing than the rest of us, myself included. He's right, with such full destruction of Cliffside and the things he and I've seen with ogres, gnolls, and goblins, we will need aid regardless, better now than later.

"As for the paper, if it is something we can convince the masters to give us of their own free will - assuming they, of course, are briefed - than we shall do so. But we shall not bring this paper at all costs and be counted thieves among our own kind.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

5. - Top - End - #935
    Colossus in the Playground

Coanoch listens to his sister's wisdom, nods to himself and looks back at the prince. "Indeed. If we may do so with honesty and forthrightness for our masters, than we shall."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The Verdant Prince smirks at Coanacoch's reply. "Your methods for acquiring the item we seek are your own to chose, and are none of our concern. However, once the bargain is struck, there is no going back for either of us. Our terms are simple: the scrap of paper we described in return for the military aid you need to route Remus Manon's forces and drive them from these lands. Accept or decline."
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

7. - Top - End - #937

"I... I accept," says Coanococh somewhat listlessly.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The green glow forms into an ethereal green brand that hovers over Coanacoch and the Verdant Prince. "An Oath Bond is struck. Only by death can it be broken until the terms of the Oath are completed!" Suddenly, the brands lunge forward, striking the chest of the Verdant Prince and Coanacoch simultaneously, then absorbing into their respective flesh. With that, the green radiance is gone, along with the static that electrified the air. All that remains as a symptom of the magic is a green mark, like an ornate tattoo, now marring the spot on the chest of the Verdant Prince and Coanacoch over where their hearts would be.

Coanacoch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the brand strikes you, full lucidity is returned to you. Color floods back into the world and you can hear with full clarity the sounds around you. The sensation of being branded isn't painful, but it is truly intense. At first, you wonder if your heart is going to burst from the sensation, and you can hear your blood pounding in your veins, but just as you think you can take no more, the effects of the magic simmer and fade, leaving you well and unharmed.

The nymphs smile turns sadistic as she grabs the pale woman by the face and pushes her away from Li's neck. "Not tonight Nepha. It would seem our prince has struck a bargain."

The pale woman, face muzzled by the Nymph's hand ceases her haunting song, and though it's dificult to make out the details of her facial expression through the nymphs restraining hand, she seems to look indignant and enraged by this sudden intrusion.

Li:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slowly, Li loses the urge to be near the pale woman. A new suggestion to leave the pool enters his mind.

You are free to refuse the desire to leave the pool. With the song stifled you are gradually regaining control of your mental faculties. This isn't a full release, but rather her pull on you is much weaker.

The Satyr's cease their dancing and Libby stops dancing too. When she finally snaps out of her trance, she runs to Necahual's side, with a dazed and disoriented look on her face.

"Go now." The prince commands. "And fulfill your end of the bargain. We have much to do. Our emissaries will send word to the farthest corners of our influence at once. When the sun sets tomorrow, the fey shall usher their wrath upon Manon's growing monstrous forces."
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

9. - Top - End - #939

Coanochbows to the Verdant Prince, "Thank you."

He looks to Ur-Agal, "Well, looks like its time to be heading back..."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

The rage inside him still boils as he feels the enchantment's hold weaken over him. His scars still burn, but the image is slowly fading. His body snaps back under his control and almost instantly his returns to normal. His muscles visibly tense back into a fighting shape as his posture changes to a readied stance.

He turns towards the two women ignoring the Verdant Prince's word with obvious indignation. His eyes are narrow and his gaze intensifies as he sets his eyes to meet the women's own.

Within the span of only a handful of breaths Li is demonstrating something definitely foreign to most in the monastery. The air in his immediate vicinity begins to change. It starts to rapidly gain a palpable sensation. The winds feel turbulent as Li's emotions crash through the surface. Wrath, Sorrow, Hatred more pure than the most secluded spring, begin to spiral around one another. This swirling mass of darkness clashing with itself in an almost tangible field slowly spreading from Li's body.

He is still as a statue aside the movement of his chest. The only noise coming from him, the harsh sound of deep breaths escaping a locked jaw. The prince's words hold no power or meaning to him. The oath is not his, and its tole not his to bare. That was the choice of another fool.

Flesh shifting to shades nearer crimson with each breath stands unmoving and unyielding even in the cool water covering it. When it seems even his blood is about to leak from him as a vermilion mist, he opens his lips to speak.

His voice deep and primal as the element of fire itself, and intending to burn those it is turned upon just as freely and carelessly.

Never again enter my mind you harlots of earth and tree! You know not what you tamper with, and what you rise up. Enjoy yourselves caressing the trees of your land instead the flesh of man, or have you no ability to bare pleasure and fruit lest you steal the seed of something with heart and soul. Something that draws breath and feels the spanse of time and the importance of life.

You crave these pleasures stolen by impersonation and trickery for your own hearts beat not within your breast. Time has robbed you of much in the way of a soul, and left instead inside your withered husks a perverse mockery craving nothing more than amusement at the expense of your 'toys'.

You are a pathetic creature unworthy of even pity. Just hard specks of earth animated as a cruel joke on this world. Your kind knows no true pride nor honor. You have no love or kindness in your breast. All you know are woods, tricks, and lies.

Even your precious prince knows not the honor to keep an oath on merit of word alone, and instead hides behind the magic of contract. Truly the gods thought not when crafting your ilk. Even more foul than the denizens of the infinite abyss...for atleast they grasp what honor and pride are.
    Last edited by Azoth; 2013-02-13 at 06:43 AM.

11. - Top - End - #941

Show

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The Verdant Prince sneers at Li, and even while Li is monologuing, he turns to Coanacoch, as if Li's words are unworthy of being paid attention to.

"Your dog barks too much. His noise is disruptive to our court. Remove him this instant." The Verdant Princes eyes begin to crackle with angry magical light and his hand curls around a physical manifestation of magical energy.

Ur-Agal turns to Coanacoch, with urgency and deep concern in his eyes for the insanity boiling under Li's flesh. "Yes, and swiftly. Vir-Sashi, help me grab Li."

The pale woman has backed away, her breath coming in excited pants as she observes the fiery vitality of the enraged monk. Her lips part in a hungry smile to reveal that her teeth are sharpened to cruel-looking fangs.

The Nymph laughs in the face of Li's wrath. "Foolish boy. I'm saving your life. Leave now, while I can still do so. I'm afraid you've gotten Nepha all worked up and I doubt I can hold her back much longer."
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek's mind slowly clears and he realizes what has happened. He walks over to Li and places an arm under his shoulder to begin hauling him back with Vir-sashi and Ur-Agal. He looks over at Coanococh with a look of sadness and fear. "Im sorry my mind wasnt strong enough...." he whispers to the group at large.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

14. - Top - End - #944
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi nod and grabs Li.
    "C'mon, friend, there is no time to be angry right now." He says, gently pulling him towars himself. However, his second hand is prepared to strike, would Li become agressive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readied Stunning Fist is Li tries something.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

Li's eyes flash as the others touch him. His scars are still burning to him. Don't ****ing touch me! His body shifts to push the others off of him as he turns from the women. He begins to walk out of the area. His entire body tense, a rope pulled to its limits just before it frays.

He doesn't look back as he walks. He has only one final thing to say as he paces out.
    I am no dog, just as you are no true prince.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Banned

Goblin

Without a futher word, Vir-Sashi grabs Li by his arm, close to his neck, and press pressure point that should "calm him down" a bit. He then grabs Li, throws him over his arm and turns toward prince.
    "Sorry for him, he's kinda hot-headed."

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek, with tears in his eyes, walks out of the grove back towards the goblins.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does anyone else feel like Tilmek is a cry baby? Damn my inability to break character!

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

You turn the corner, with the mocking laughter of the Nymph echoing off the trees behind you.

The boy is sitting calmly on a rock, eating a piece of fruit, and the goblins are bound tightly in a network of vines. The boy shrugs. "They tried to escape almost as soon as you guys ran off, then this happened." He gestures to the vines. After a brief pause, he takes another bite and inquires curiously, "So, what happened? Did you convince the Verdant Prince to help us?"

The vines loosen and fall slack. Tied up as the are, the goblins could not get out of the network of vines on their own quickly, but with some help they could be let out.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

19. - Top - End - #949

"Well," says Coanoch, "we have a deal which includes military aid on his end."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

Li's eyes still burn with anger as he sees the boy. The news about the goblins brings him close to them. His voice dripping with malice and blood lust. Attempt anything I view as an escape and I will slaughter you all! You will wish I had handed you to the Fey for their own brand of torture by the time I let death claim you!

With that he grabs the rope and rips it towards him as hard as he can. His path heading away from the Verdant Prince, his pace as fast as he can drag the goblins along. He doesn't care if they have stumbled or fallen over.

We march till collapse. Any who fall before I do get drug with the goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Li can drag/push 2,300lb at max capacity

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek stares at his feet and silently follows Li. His shoulders shake with quiet sobs as he does his best to keep up.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual will kiss Libby and will carry her part of the way, probably in a fun way like piggyback rides and the like.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Kevin nods slowly, not sure why the group isn't happy about this news, what the deal is with Li, and especially what the deal is with Tilmek. But he shrugs, takes another bite and and mumbles. "Good." Then decides it's best to keep his mouth shut. Libby is obviously freaked out by Li and stays close at Necahuals heels. The terrified goblins are jostled and in some cases drug along, but offer no protests, convinced that the next one who speaks up will suffer a horrible death at Li's hands.

The rest of your journey is uneventful for the day. But as the sun sinks low, travel becomes slow and difficult. Finally, Ur-Agal stops his marching. "We camp here. We can continue our journey at dawn." It's pretty much the first thing he has said since the group left the Verdant Prince. Libby on the other hand, has barely shut up about the whole thing. From her prospective that was the most magical, wonderful, and fun thing she has ever done. The whole journey has been, "Wasn't the goat man great? He had the most beautiful song. And did you see his tail? It was so funny watching him dance. His little tail just kept wagging and twitching and jumping. Well, the tail wasn't jumping, but he was. And he could jump really high! Like this high...." and so on.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek sits down on the ground and looks up at the setting sun and says two words. "I'm sorry." He says it to the world, and the group, and to the uncertain future they all face.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual shrugs, "No apologies. Take what you've learned, what you've experienced, and what you've survived. Meditate on it, and be stronger for it."
    Current Games

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

"I sat and meditated my whole life in the monastery. When I wasn't meditating I was training. For 18 years, I tried to prepare myself to deal with situations like the one we were just in, and the very second it was possible for me to fail I did." Tilmek says, still staring at the sky. "I trained my body to take the worst that could be given and give back more. I trained my mind to see in ways that others didn't so that I might be better prepared. Those fey directed my mind the way we would direct a mule." he looks at Necahual with a flat stare. "I've meditated plenty."

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual nods and sits for a few, then replies. "So have I, Tilmek. We all have trained all our lives. What we haven't done all our lives is to actually test ourselves against real threats. Sure, we can spar and we might know our physical powers, but mental threats are more elusive.

"Meditation without experience is only exercise. Experience without meditation or learning is incomplete. Meditation upon one's experiences, even when the latter were perceived failures, are the best growth. To fall seven, to rise eight."
    Current Games

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek says nothing but begins drawing random lines in the dirt at his feet.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Banned

Goblin

"Don't worry my friend. I know how it is to be defensless when somebdy holds power over your mind. Beating yourself won't solver anything." Vir-Sashi friendly smacks Timlek in the back.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

Li let's go of the rope holding the goblins and heads off alone. He reaches into his pack while he is out he begins to set up the safety perimeter as he usually does. His mind no more calm now than when he left the Verdant Prince. Too many ghosts from his past are brought back to life. Too many feelings risen from their graves.

He knows the others won't understand. They couldn't, for they have not lived what he has. Any comfort they offer would be ill received. This forest needs to vanish from him. The fey need be just a memory to be forgotten. He needs something pressing to dull these feelings and help bury his dead once again.