New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

"I think we all faced our own fears and frailties in that grove, Tilmek." He looks over to Libby, who is happily humming the tune the Satyrs were playing, "Well almost all of us. Still, if I never see that prince again, it will still be too soon." Ur-Agal says as he begins to set up camp. He seems distracted too, as he mechanically sets out his supplies and bedroll.

Kevin, who is tying the goblins to a tree looks up at Ur-Agal's comment. "What the hell happened in there? As far's I know everything was peaches n cream. Some naked tree woman came to me when the goblins tried to escape, tied em up, told me her name was dryad or something, and gave me something to eat. She said you guys'd be out in no time and that I didn't need to worry about a thing."
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

"What about when I nearly killed all of us in Cliffside? In on fell swoop I destroyed what was left of the town, buried any evidence we could have used, and almost collapsed a church on all of you. what am i supposed to learn from that?" He says angrily.

Spoiler
    Show
    I dont like where this is going in Tilmek's head....
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Ur-Agal sits down and takes a deep breath. "You learn to live with your mistakes. Your mistakes are yours to live with. Whether or not you can forgive yourself and grow stronger so that you don't make the same mistake twice determines what kind of man you will be the next time you face a similar problem. My mistakes brought me to the Abbey, and the same can be said for some of your comrades standing around you now. We fight to overcome the failings of our past and to preserve what is left of that which we still hold precious." He pokes the campfire that he set up while you were all talking and tosses some more venison on the skillet.

"Be bold, yet humble, Tilmek. Acknowledge your shortcomings and set your resolve to become stronger this day and each day hereafter. If you really think you can not learn anything from your mistakes, then you have missed the whole point of your life of training."
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek says nothing. He sits and stares into the fire. Without looking he says to Kevin, "We struck a deal with the Verdant Prince." He gets up slowly and walks a distance away from the others and kneels in a meditative pose.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

Li returns from setting up his perimeter bells. His steps light and quiet as he returns. His face a poor attempt to hide his feelings. The pain and anger are written plain as day there. Still, he stays quiet as he passes the others.

Once near a clearing, and far enough away not to put the other's at risk Li begins to shadow box. His form crisp, but his style not much like those from the abbey.

He starts with an open fingered jab for his shadow's eyes. As it passes his shin moves to take out the shadow's knee with a powerful kick. It shifts into a feint that folds over the joint and stops just past it before snapping back to drive down and into the joint from above. The kicking leg now turns into a plant just before Li's right arm swings to clinch the shadow behind the neck. His back leg slipping close to stand behind his shadow's lead leg. It tenses straight to push the foe off balance as Li shoots several quick jabs into its throat. His hand curled tightly into an extended punch form.

The only sign Li is not on his game, is his breathing. It is harsh and ragged. Deep panting breaths in place of his usual soft controlled breathing.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Kevin looks up from his task with a confused expression. "Wasn't that the plan?"

Libby watches Li as she sits next to the campfire, barely allowing herself to blink as he goes through his kata.

Dinner is served a few minutes later and everyone retires for the night, each taking their turns on the watch.

Vir-Sashi's watch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kevin and Ur-Agal toss in their sleep a lot. A badger gets caught in Li's bells, for a moment, but scampers away at the sound. Libby awakens at the sound and excuses herself to pee. When she gets back, she kind of stands around where Li was practicing, looking at the footprints in the dirt. Then kind of mimics the movements as she remembers them. They're crude and misinterpreted, but even in the dark you can see that she has a fighter's spirit.

Necahual's Watch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You awaken to see Libby "shadow boxing" where Li was practicing. Her efforts are undeveloped but not bad for a scrapper. Her little dagger-like punches are punctuated by an mph sound.

Coanacoch's Watch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone is asleep and it's quiet except for the raspy snoring of the goblins. You notice a grig watching you from a tree, but it doesn't approach you.

Tilmek's Watch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're left alone with your thoughts. The campfire has died out and the night is chilly. In the distance, you can hear a group of grunting creatures tromping through the forest, no doubt some of the many monsters that have begun to overrun this forest.

Li:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ur-Agal is tossing in his sleep again and mumbling. His words are unintelligible, but the sweat on his brow even on a night as chilly as this indicates he is reliving his own terrible memories. He shoots up to a sit, slashing with imaginary weapons. His eyes are still closed as he flails. Then he slumps back down onto his bedroll.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-02-19 at 12:18 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

As Tilmek sits in the dark, listening to the sounds of the forest, he thinks about everything that has happened in the last few days. He closes his eyes and calms his breathing like the his masters had shown him. Then he stops himself. Years of this, and it hasn't worked out very well yet. he sighs and tries something different.

Hello? he says silently to anyone that might be listening. I'm.... I've never really done this before. Life is seeming really messed up right now, and I could just use a little help. Life at the monastery was so much different, and I'm not sure I can do this. I just... I need some way of knowing I'm supposed to be out here. He sat in the quiet for a minute waiting.

The silence was broken by the rattling of branches in the distance. He looks in the direction of the noise. He knew it was probably just a monster of the night, but the sound made him think. What would he do if they were attacked right now? Alert the others, dive into the fray, and do the best he could to get everyone through it alive. Then he realizes, that this was his sign. He didn't even have to think about what he would do, and if he needed to he would lay his life down for these people.

It was with this realization, that he felt it. A surging power flowing from his certainty in his loyalty to his friends. He would do anything to stop them from being hurt, and if he failed at that he would do anything he could to make them well again.

As his watch ends he goes to wake Li. Once Li is awake, he squeezes his shoulder. "I don't know much about your past, but i know what lengths you will go to for what you believe. I admire that, and I want you to know I have your back. ....And im sorry about what happenned back in Cliffside."

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

Li looks to Tilmek and offers a weak and forced smile. No applogies are necessary Tilmek. Just leave my past where it lies. It may be a shallow grave in freshly turned soil, but it is best for us all to leave it buried for as long as we can. Just do your best to watch over us, and all will be well my friend. You feel more than most of us, and must not let yourself become calloused and numb like I have. We will have need of your conscience in the days to come. Just let your conviction and courage grow to match.Then, you will be a great man instead of just a good one.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

You awaken to the sound and smell of Ur-Agal cooking some breakfast. He looks weirdly alert and his eyes are dilated. He takes a swig from his waterskin and keeps rubbing his face. His words jumble together in an almost unintelligible babble.

"Time-to-wake-up-guys." He breathes heavily as he rushes to get everyone's plate ready. "Eat-eat. We-are-wasting-precious-daylight."
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

10. - Top - End - #970
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-sashi picks up his meal, eats his almost instantly, while packing his things (and suprisingly manages to do btoh pretty fast) and starts doing morning stretchings, followed then by quick round of basic techniques, as he was taught to always do in the morning. He makes sure both Kevin and Libby see his excersise. Maybe they will learn something, who knows?

11. - Top - End - #971
    Colossus in the Playground

Coanoch is good to go!
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Libby watches Vir-Sashi closely as he performs his morning training and even imitates some of the moves. When Vir-Sashi sees this, she gets a little embarrassed, giggles, and takes her place next to Necahual.

After camp is put away, Ur-Agal leads them out of the woods at an agitated pace. The goblin captives can barely keep up, and several trip and fall during the march, only to be dragged until they can get back up on their own. Ur-Agal seems on edge and won't stop sweating. Occasionally he murmurs to himself, but otherwise keeps quiet.

You reach the edge of the woods in the early part of mid-day. Based on the angle of the sun, it appears that you have a few hours left before noon. It looks like you can make it the rest of the way to the abbey by day's end.

With Li and Ur-Agal's breakneck pace, however, you make it by mid-afternoon. The goblins look like they're about to die, and one of them is completely unconscious. Libby has had to be carried for some of the trip, and everyone is probably a little winded, but the familiar sights of the abbey break the horizon at just about supper time.

Ur-Agal has settled back into some degree of normalcy by then. He's drenched in sweat and unnaturally pale, especially for one who spends so much time outdoors. As soon as he makes it to the abbey, he washes his face and heads to Grandmaster Brottor to report.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

13. - Top - End - #973
    Banned

Goblin

"Well, now that we have a moment, I say we'll introduce our little guests to chief, bet he'll have some tasty snakcs for you two." Vir-Sashi says, smiling at two children.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Li looks to Vir before turning with the goblins. Tilmek and I will hand over the Goblins and give our report on their crimes with our recommendations for sentencing. After that I have need to visit the storehouse to turn over some goods, and check the status of the things I found at Cliffside.

Someone should inform the head about the mission and the exact terms of our deal for aid.

15. - Top - End - #975

"I'll go with my sister ... and Libby," says Coanococh.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual will accompany her brother.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek smiles and follows Li. Once they are away from the others he asks, "What exactly is your reccomendation?"

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Kevin is gasping pretty heavily and nods his head when Vir-Sashi offers to take him to the chef.

Liddy jumps up and down at the idea of tasty snacks, and the opportunity to see the Abbey up close, but stifles herself when she hears Coanacoch's proposal.

She leans over to Vir-Sashi and whispers in his ear. "Tell the chef to save me some. I'll be right there." Then she waves at Vir-Sashi and heads over stand between Necahual and Coanacoch. "We're going to meet your boss, aren't we? We had a Boss at camp. Is he like him?" She bites on her lower lip and squints her eyes as she ponders some unknown quandary. "Do you think he'll let me be a monk like Neck-a-hall? I'm pretty resolute." She says with a nod, as if that was enough to auto-qualify her for the job. "And I've been practicing too."

Vir-Sashi and Kevin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You make it to the dining hall. Kevin looks a little nervous, but is so tired that he just plops down on a bench after grabbing a pitcher of water. "This place is huge." He says after he takes a gulp of water and catches his breath. "I could've fit my whole house in this dining room and had room to fit five more. You monks sure know how to live."

Li and Tilmek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You make your way through the Abbey to the stairway to the Dóteagmháil Mines, down to Penance Hall in the underbelly of the Abbey where judgment and sentencing is made. The goblins barely make the trip, and several collapse from exhaustion or fear once they make it there.

After hearing about what they are accused of, he determines that they are physically unfit to answer for the crimes that are suspected of and sends them with several guards to the hospital wing, stating that after they are fit, they will face a proper trial.

Finally, you make it over to Rassaphore Godwin's shop. He's just finishing up with another monk when you stride up. His smile fades a bit when he sees Li, but he bows politely. "Greetings Brothers Li and Tilmek. I trust your journey was safe and successful? And I have some good news about those items you left her on your last return."

Items being referred to are on pg. 21, post #622
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

19. - Top - End - #979
    Banned

Goblin

"Remember it's house for hundreds, thousands of people, and our doctrine teaches us to not hold personal posessions with too much value. All we have, we have because we need it to serve the people." Vir-Sashi says.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Li's face isn't much nicer as he looks to Godwin. That's good to hear. I also have a few more trinkets to drop off. They may be of some use to the Abbey. I also have some supplies to return from our last mission, thankfully they were not needed for its completion. Though, I think it best if you give your news first.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

At the Dining Hall: Vir-Sashi and Kevin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kevin shrugs at Vir-Sashi, not overly convinced. You get the impression that he doesn't share Liddy's idealized image of the monks, but he decides not to press the issue further until there is food on the table.

You and Kevin order some food from the counter, which you collect and bring back to your bench. The food is simple, but hearty, high energy food. Kevin scarfs it down as if it's the first meal he's had in days. "So... what happens now? You made your deal with the prince. Is he going to help you find whoever attacked us?"

Rassaphore Godwin's Shop: Li and Tilmek
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I was right about the ring!" He says as he produces the woven gold band. "It is called a Ring of Mind Shielding, a rare, but valuable item amongst politicians and diplomats of, shall we say, questionable morality. It protects the wearer from magical intrusion designed to detect thoughts, lies, or moral alignment. We were unable to discover who the most recent owner of the ring was, and therefore have no choice but to assume that you are the rightful owner. The monastery has no use for the item and will only destroy it if you do not wish to keep it. We will therefore offer you 2000 gold for the right to do so. I feel obliged to tell you though, the gold within the ring is worth more than twice that. I did some research on a Ring of Mind Shielding. In the right markets, and item such as this can fetch a price of 8,000 GP. The choice is yours."

"The jade comb you brought, however, has an heir. A cousin of the family will be arriving from Pontyrel to claim the item. It would seem the comb belongs to a family of half-elf nobles from Celadon Forest. I can't imagine what a member of the aristocracy from so far away would be doing in Cliffside Vale."

Grandmaster Brottor's: Coanacoch, Necahual, Liddy
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you pass through the grand halls, monks seem to mostly go about their business. Liddy is on cloud nine. It's evident she's never seen anything so grand in her life. In spite of, or maybe because of, her awe, she clutches Necahual and Coanacoch's hands so tightly that her palms begin to sweat. She starts to shrink a little when you pass out of the main chambers to the more private chambers of the higher ups in the monastery. When you get close to Grandmaster Brottor's chamber, a strange man walks by wearing a most unusual robe, decorated in patterns that resemble thorny vines but with no flowers on them. He looks at you briefly with little interest then moves on. Libby freezes in place at the man's passing and averts her eyes. As the man moves on, she tries to place herself between Necahual and the man, as if using her body as cover.

When the man is gone, she whispers, almost whimpers. "I don't want to go in there anymore. Let's go back. Please."
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-02-22 at 01:34 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

Li smiles slightly, I believe I will take the ring. Getting a better price for it means I can better aid the abbey.

He shifts to dig into his haversack to start setting out the contents he wishes to return or sell back to the abbey.

Items being returned/sold:
    Spoiler
    Show

79 cold iron arrows
    Cold iron manacles
    [*]3 bottles of Cure Minor Wounds
    [*]3 bottles of Guidance
    [*]3 bottles of Resistance
    [*]2 bottles of Shillelagh

some exotic cosmetics
    a short ebony club
    dried goods
    paints and dyes
    an unusual rug
    a vial of walnut oil
    a bowl of partially burned incense (the one that forced a save vs sleep from the shaman hut)
    51small javelins
    3 Small Leather Armor
    13 Sackcloth (Peasant) Outfits
    15 Small hunting knives
    Last edited by Azoth; 2013-02-22 at 02:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Rassaphore Godwin hands over the ring, agreeing obliviously with Li's assessment, then catalogues your returned items. "Let me see..." He flips some pages in a catalog.

"Your team was alloted a total of 20 day rations, 5 magic weapons, 10 consumables, and 5 magic items limits 2000 GP each. Thank you for returning what is left."

He examines the cosmetics kit with a casual eye.
    "The cosmetics are of good quality. We have little use for them in the monastery, but I'm sure we can use them as barter items. 17 GP for the cosmetics kit. The paints and dies are primitive in nature, but they are very radiant tones."

"Now, what do you have here?

"This 'ebony club' is a very interesting item. It's actually a tribal weapon... a kind of shillelagh used by shamans and other spiritual leaders. It's a fairly capable close range weapon if you know how to use it, and versatile, as it makes an effective survival tool as well. This one is made out of petrified ebony, and is a truly exquisite piece."

Stats for MW Rungu (Exotic Double Weapon):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 600 GP
    Dmg: 1d4/1d6
    Critical: 19-20/x2
    Range Increment: 10'
    Weight: 1 lb.
    Type: Bludgeoning and Piercing

He touches some of the paint and rubs it between his finger, then sniffs the oil. "Interesting. The paints are a kind of war paint. There is an herb in this paint that is known to dull pain and heighten awareness. I'd like to study it further. Some of our monks who going on particularly dangerous missions will use these chemicals. I can give you 40 gp for the paints and dyes."

He then moves to the rug. "A very nice woven rug. It's odd that you'd find such a thing in the woods. I'm prepared to give you 6 gp for it."

He turns to the walnut oil and incense, then starts to put all the details together. "I'm assuming you encountered some kind of medicine man or adept. This little vial of walnut oil alone is worth 2 gp. The incense is a narcotic... nonlethal... most likely used for meditation or for entering other kinds of a trancelike state." He shakes his head. "These chemicals can be highly addictive and undermine the spirit of our training. I could ask my master if you'd like, but I sincerely doubt we would have any interest in this."

When he sees you plunk down the weapons and armor his eyes go wide, but he makes no comment. He skims over the javelins. "Poor craftsmanship... most likely goblin made. 20 GP for the lot. The armor is solid, but *sniff* filthy and in serious disrepair. 10 GP for the three suits of armor. The clothes need washing, but are otherwise fine. 6 SP for the set.

"The hunting knives are nice though." He looks at one. "Grubby... but nice. They're not combat worthy, but they can be quite useful as tools. Good for cutting and cleaning animals, as well as digging and carving if needed. 15 GP for the whole set."
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-02-23 at 03:58 AM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

24. - Top - End - #984

Coanoch looks to his sister, simply holding Libby's hands and moving forward.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

"Has the shapesand i ordered come in yet?"

26. - Top - End - #986
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Rassaphore Godwin shrugs helplessly and apologetically. "I'm sorry, Brother Tilmek. The nearest supplier of Shapesand are from the Hueleneaer of the Bright Desert. We've sent word, and the Hueleneaer have begun their journey out of the Shembau Oasis. Even as fast as they can move, I wouldn't expect the Shapesand to arrive any sooner than tomorrow evening. They're in just as much a hurry to see us. I'm only speculating, but I think they intend to request our aid, and perhaps trade for our new supply. The Grandmaster has approved weaponizing our gems. We now have our first stock of Augmentation Crystals. This is the first set of magic items the monastery has produced since the days of Grandmaster Fargrim."

About the Hueleneaer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    They are a breed of desert centaur... a grim and battle hardened race who live in the desert wastes as an open act of defiance against Lord Robilar, hunting and slaying the soldiers of the tyrannical king at every turn. Their crafters produce many wonderful tools and alchemical items to help finance their bitter struggle.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

Li just stands as he listens to the man speak. I will take the deal. Though I will hold onto the incense since you have no need. I am sure I can find a use for it in the field. Since we have developed augment crystals, which ones do we have ready for purchase? A few of those may be most useful.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Banned

Goblin

"If we give him what he wanted. Don't think he helped us from the goodness of his heart. Rarerly you'll meet in this world people who act only out of goodness of their hearts, without any selfish interest. You should remember that."

29. - Top - End - #989
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Li and Tilmek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rassaphore Godwin measures out the appropriate amount of platinum, 71 pieces and 6 silver, then drops the entire contents into a pouch and slides it over the table after collecting everything except the incense. "If you'd prefer, I can convert the coins' value to gems for you. They're much easier to carry, and can be enchanted. But I should warn you their value is a bit less stable. Different appraisers will value the gems differently if you plan on seeing other merchants. Obviously, I will honor the value I've listed on all the monastery's gems." The he reaches down and pulls out a brand new catalog. It's much thinner than the rest.

"Let me see... the ones that are ready for distribution... ah. Least and Lesser Crystal of Adamant Weaponry, which can reinforce a weapon's hardness. Least Crystal of Arcane Steel, for those who can combine magic with martial skill. Least and Lesser Crystals of Energy Assault, to infuse your weapon with acid, cold, electricity, or fire energy. I should mention we also have Greater Crystal of Fire Assault. Least and Lesser Crystal of Illumination, which permits your weapon to act as a source of light. All forms of Crystal of Return, which allows you to recover your weapon, all forms of Crystal of Security, Least Fiendslayer Crystal, all forms of the Pheonix Ash Threat, Least and Lesser Revelation Crystals, Least Truedeath Crystal, and the Witchlight Reservoir. Here's the price list..." He turns the catalog around.

Crystal of Adamant Weaponry:
    Least: 300 GP
    Lesser: 1400 GP
    Greater: --

Crystal of Arcane Steel:
    Least: 500 GP
    Lesser: --

Crystal of Energy Assault:
    Least: 600 GP
    Lesser: 3000 GP

Special (Crystal of Fire Assault):
    Least: 540 GP
    Lesser: 2970 GP
    Greater: 4600 GP

Crystal of Illumination:
    Least: 100 GP
    Lesser: 1000 GP

Crystal of Return:
    Greater: 4000 GP

Crystal of Security:
    Greater: 3000 GP

Fiendslayer Crystal:
    Least: 1000 GP
    Lesser: --

Pheonix Ash Threat:
    Least: 450 GP
    Lesser: 1800 GP
    Greater: 5400 GP

Revelation Crystal:
    Least: 400 GP
    Greater: 5000 GP

Witchlight Reservoir: 5500 GP

"As you can see, we nearly have a complete catalog. Some items are taking longer to make as we lack the arcane knowledge to do so. Grandmaster Brottor's new advisor is a very powerful wizard who is helping us with the more challenging developments, but since he is the only caster within the abbey's walls with the skill level to make some of these items, production is moving slowly for items that require advance casting skill to develop."

Coanacoch and Necahual:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Liddy is really rigid until the man in robes is gone from sight. After you knock on the door, you hear the familiar voice of Grandmaster Brottor bark "Enter" to the point, as always. It's evident that from the presence of charts and books placed meticulously on the table in the center of the room that Yama and Brottor are standing around, that they are discussing some kind of important strategy. But whatever it was, they'd stopped talking and were now standing at attention in front of the table to face you.

Brottor looks to the little girl. Nothing new about an orphaned child being brought to the headmaster. He offers a warm grin at Libby, and for a moment, he looks like a loving and doting grandpa... not at all the stern iron-headed warrior with the careworn face that he usually appears like. The smile says enough to Libby and she relaxes some. "And what do we have here? Is that a pixie? Or an elven princess? With such a lovely dress as this, she must be some kind of royalty." He gestures at the dress of petals that has remained miraculously intact the entire journey. "Tell me, what's your name."

Liddy, looks up to Necahual, then to Coanacoch, then looks to Grandmaster Brottor. "Liddy..." "Well Liddy. I see you've made some fine friends. Welcome to the Abbey of Azer's Flame." He smiles again, then looks to Necahual and Coanacoch. "A friend of theirs is a friend of mine. Master Yama, please take Liddy to the commons and see that her needs are taken care of. No doubt she's hungry and exhausted." Master Yama bows and steps over to Liddy to take her hand.

Liddy's grip tightens on Necahual's and Coanacoch's grip, but she doesn't back down. It's unclear whether she's trying to be brave or trying to be stubborn.

Vir-Sashi and Kevin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What does he want? Maybe I can help. I want the bastards who did this dead more'n you monks do. I'll do what I can if it means I get to see some justice done."
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-02-23 at 03:42 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

"With all respect, Master Yama," Necahual says with a bow of her head, "but Liddy is not here as an orphan for monastic training, though she does enjoy shadowboxing the movements of my siblings on the road.

"She is here with me now because of her strange appearance to me in the woods, given to me by an armored man in the woods. We have a strange tale to tell, but one that includes some sense of urgency and a request. As for the girl, I have some feeling that she may have some part to play in this beyond her knowledge, but to what end I do not know."

Necahual does not release her grip on Liddy.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn