New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1113
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

Vir-Sashi bows to the guardian in sign of grattitude.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Tilmek and Ur-Agal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ur-Agal nods to Tilmek. "Right. I'll go." Without hesitating another moment, Ur-Agal charges into the Abbey's doomed walls with Ulfgar beside him.

Tilmek, you're now standing around with some 30 odd monks in training… many of which haven't even taken their first level.

Coacacoch and Libby:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out the escape hatch or through the main door?

Li, Necahual, Vir-Sashi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guardian returns the bow to Vir-Sashi as Necahual gathers the scrolls. Each scroll is sealed with the insignia of the Flame Hand, and each is labelled with a different script. It is written in ancient Ignan, but a faded subtitle in common can also be red… they appear to be sacred techniques. The first one reads, Burning Fist Technique. Once the scrolls are gotten, the guardian returns to his desk and pulls out three scroll cases and hands them to you to safe guard the ancient secrets. Then he removes Brottor's insignia from the wall and hands it back to Necahual.

Another thrum sound echoes from the ceiling and more dust falls to the ground. The guardian remains sitting at his post.

Suddenly a sharp ka-boom sound can be heard from just outside the chamber, followed by a knocking on the vault door. You hear Kevin's desperate voice, but it's hard to make out what he's saying through the vault's thick walls.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-03-17 at 07:01 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual nods to the guardian as she places the scrolls inside the tubes, attaching them to her belt.

KA-BOOM!

She heads to the outer door to grab her things. "Gird your loins, gentlemen. We may have to fight our way out of here."

At that .... it's time to go.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as Li hears Kevin's voice his teeth grit. He lets out a breath as the air around him shifts. Time to go! With that he bolts for the door full intent to knock it off its hinges if necessary.

Spoiler
    Show
    Expending Psionic focus to use Linked Power.
    Standard Action: manifesting Inertial Armor AC is now 20
    Next round Expansion will manifest as a free action turning Li Large.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Colossus in the Playground

Coanoch sidetracks and guides Libby to the escape hatch. Coanoch recognizes that if he were a prepared attacking force, that the majority of monks would fight back at all costs, making an escape hatch mostly vestigial. In this instance, Coanoch has to take a young innocent to safety.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek runs his hand through his hair in exasperation. He desperately wants to help his friends, but he cant abandon the novices. He takes a slow calming breath and then straightens up, trying to project an aura of confidence and command. "Alright listen up! I am Rassaphore Tilmek, and I'm going to do what I can to help all of us make it out of here. To do that I am going to need your cooperation. That means when I say to do something, you do it to the best of your ability without asking pointless question. IS THAT UNDERSTOOD!?" As he waits for an answer, he thinks to himself Gods I hope I know what I'm doing....
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Banned

Goblin

"I trust you know what you're doing." Vir-Sashi says to Necahual, going ahead of her. "I'll scout for any danger."

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual nods to Vir-Sashi. In her head she's thinking, "I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's better to make a decision in a crisis than to waste time trying to make the right one in such a time."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Li, Necahual, Vir-Sashi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first thing you see when you open the door is Kevin falling forward and collapsing at your feet. He yells out at you, but it's hard to hear what he's saying over the din. The warning bells are sounding. The seem to be the evacuation bells. One look down the now dimly lit hallway explains why.

The two guards are still standing in spite of horrifying wounds, and have created a bottleneck so the enemy forces cannot get through.

The addition of light into the hallway caused by the vault door opening causes one guard to look back, fearing that the vault has been breached. As he begins to call out for you to get out of the vault, a massive saw-toothed glaive slams into the base of his neck, carving a deep gash through sinew and bone. His mostly severed head lolls to the right as blood gushes from the wound.

The glaive rises again and the corpse collapses to the ground. What stands before you is an abomination

The first thing that stands out about this creature is the massive saw- toothed glaive it carries. The creature’s pointed ears and moist, scaly skin mark it as an outsider. It has a long tail, clawed hands and feet, and a snaky, disgusting beard.
    Spoiler
    Show

As it speaks, a wave of something pitiable, but no less horrifying, surges forward.

The creature surges forward, not unlike a molten mass of flesh oozing across the ground. It has a human-shaped head and torso, but its body is a shapeless mass below the waist. A permanent expression of anguish twists across its face.
    Spoiler
    Show

The guarding monk flurries with his sai to slow the advancing threat, but as the miserable creatures pour over him, tearing him apart, he slowly drops to his death.

The guards performed their jobs admirably to the last. Whatever these monsters are, they are all covered in cuts and bruises.

Coacacoch and Libby:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You slide down the chute under Libby's chair, rocketing through pitch black tunnels with Libby shrieking in terror the whole way. Occasionally, you hear muffled explosions and the chute rocks and rattles, jostling you two about like marbles in a bag. One explosion blasts a hole deep enough to burst through the protective walls of the chute ahead of you. Light pours into the dark tunnel, revealing a gaping hole up ahead, roughly 3' wide.

Attempt to avoid falling out of the chute, or willingly fall through it?

Tilmek and Friends:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The young novices of the guild stop their nervous chattering and focus on what you're saying. Ulfgar taught them well enough to listen when an authority figure speaks. "Yes Rassaphore Tilmek" they call out, mostly in unison.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

10. - Top - End - #1090

If we're really "rocketing," then we should probably zoom over the hole in the same manner as how much airtime you can get in a waterpark slide. But sure, I'll try to avoid it while holding Libby close to my body. If anything happens, Coanoch will give up falling safely with his monk falling if it means Libby will be safe.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual looks to the others, "Here we may die. But our first priority is to protect the scrolls, not ourselves ... to get them to safety. If you want to protect Kevin, that is fine; but our priorities have changed."
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, if I get this right, there is one blobbo and one glaive-guy? Is that right? How wide and long is this hallway? Is the guardian behind us doing anything?
    Current Games

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Banned

Goblin

"We have been entrusted with protection of those children, as much as the scrolls" Vir-Sashi steps foward, scolding Necahual. "Take both of them and run. Don't look behind youselves." He says, taking battle stance. "This is going to be nasty."

Fire burns inside him, in small cage deep in his heart. Fire of anger, fire of revenge, fire of punishment crying to show those things what happens if you kill a Monk of the Abbey, one of his brothers. He lets it out.

he runs towards the pathetic thing crawling on the ground, then jumps to deliver devastating kick right into it's face.

"Donkey kicks the tax collector!" He yells.

Spoiler
    Show

Rage activated. Will last 4 rounds. Str = 20, Con = 19. Fort: +10, Will:+9, AC 15 Attack Bonus: +8
    Charge (+2 attack -2 ac[AC=13]) and unarmed strike on the..whatever it is on the ground.
    (1d20+10)[29], dmg (1d6+3)[4]

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek smiles at the novices. "Good. Now follow me." Tilmek turns and runs into the forest, making sure that there are no stragglers. He leads them away from the Abbey hoping to get them away from whatever was causing the explosions and killing grand masters.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Li looks to Vir and smiles. His body growing in size as he begins to run down the hall to the abomination with the glaive. An arm out to catch its body. Li will try to close a grip around it using his body weight to slam it into the wall. His voice booming as he runs. Take Kevin and get the hell out of here! We will catch up to you!

Spoiler
    Show

Expansion activates turning Li large
    Full Round Action:Charge
    Touch Attack to start Grapple (from 10' out): (1d20+8)[14]
    Grapple Check for Unarmed Damage: (1d20+17)[37]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[11]
    AC: 17

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Li, Necahual, Vir-Sashi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vir-Sashi surges forward, catching the monster off guard, and smacks him right in the face with a vicious clawed kick, but the impact feels rubbery and resilient. Even though the hit strikes true, it deals no apparent damage. The disgusting creature changes its expression from morose to wrathful as it reaches out for Vir-Sashi to tear him apart.

Li has a bit more success. Li gets a hand on the vile, glaive-wielding fiend. It struggles savagely against the grip but can do nothing to resist Li's pull, whose iron grip weakens the creature visibly. It howls in pain and rage.

Unable to use his mighty glaive against the enormous wrestler, it strikes out with his claw, reaching for Li's throat! He latches on, and begins scratching, carving wicked lines into Li's scarred flesh.

Li:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take 6 Damage

Vir-Sashi, you're up.

Details:
    Spoiler
    Show
    BlobbyMonster4: DR overcomes damage dealt.
    BeardyMonster1: Opposed Grapple (Lethal): 16 vs 14, Damage: 6

Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:
    1. BeardyMonster1: 19 (HP= 22-6)
    2. Vir-Sashi: 14
    3. Necahual: 12
    4. BlobbyMonster1: 12 (HP 1)
    5. BlobbyMonster2: 9 (HP 1)
    6. Li: 4 (HP 24)
    7. BlobbyMonster3: 4 (HP 1)
    8. BlobbyMonster4: 3 (HP 1)
    9. BlobbyMonster5: 2 (HP 1)

Coanacoch and Libby:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Coanacoch twists and deftly kicks over the large hole, yanking Libby over the pitfall with him. She yelps in fear and pain, but is otherwise safe.

The headlong ride comes to a sudden end, as the two of you come tumbling out the exit like a discarded sack of potatoes. You find yourself in a kind of sanctuary. By the structure's design, it's clear that you are deep underground, perhaps not far from the mines. An ornate tapestry depicting the tale of Fargrim Dóteagmháil and his journey to Greyhawk covers one wall. Another wall is covered in monk weapons of extraordinary quality. The ceiling is lit by a flameless light. There is a sign above the weapons. "The vault is yours to defend or to destroy. Take what you need." Apparently, this chute doesn't take you to a place to escape, but rather a place to make a final stand.

Details:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble (DC 19): 23
    Melee Touch Attack (to grab Libby) (DC 10): 11

Tilmek and Friends:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The students fall in line, scrambling to keep up with the fleet-footed Rassaphore. (It's a day's march to the forest. Are you going to run the whole way? If so, make some Fortitude Saves before we go any further.)
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    i thought the forest was much closer haha oops on flat land in clear air this should take about 21 miles Fort just in case (1d20+6)[20]

Tilmek runs just enough to get the Abbey out of sight behind them, then he stops everyone. "We need to take stock of our situation. Does anyone have any supplies on them?"

17. - Top - End - #1097

Coanoch says, "Hide, Libby. Find a place within the stack of weapons to hide. If you think you have any chance to run .... take it."

Coanoch takes takes 5 shuriken and 2 kama. If he finds anything that might give him a little extra oomph for an unarmed strike (his favored attack form), then he'll put that on as well.

He meditates and prays to Quetzlcoatl, standing in the middle of the room holding 2 shuriken, readied to throw them at the first enemy to break through.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2013-03-27 at 01:14 AM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-sashi attemts to attack once again, now trying to carefully look for some weak points as he strikes. He delivered two punches for the start.

Spoiler
    Show

Flurry (1d20+8)[27] dmg (1d6+5)[6]/(1d20+8)[22] dmg (1d6+5)[10]

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Li Necahual and Vir-Sashi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vir-Sashi's savage flurry tears through the enemy ranks as effectively as if a bomb had gone off.

Instantly two of the shapeless horrors fly away from the impact of his brutal strikes and slam into the wall behind them. As the slump to the ground, they dissipate into mist, leaving no trace of their passage.

Necahual, you're up.

Initiative:
    BeardyMonster1: 19 (HP= 22-6)
    Vir-Sashi: 14
    Necahual: 12
    BlobbyMonster1: 12 (HP 1)
    BlobbyMonster2: 9 (HP 1)
    Li: 4 (HP 24)
    BlobbyMonster5: 2 (HP 1)

Coanacoch and Libby:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Libby looks around for a hiding place, but the room is fairly simple… the walls are adorned with weapons and there are no furnishings. Stoically, she grabs a siangham off the wall and swings it awkwardly. Then she moves into position behind Coanacoch. Another dull thrum of another explosion quakes the earth and dust falls from the ceiling. The agonized screams of dying monks mix with the gleeful roars and gurgles of something awful on the other end of the door. A perversion fills the room. Something heavy that makes your skin feel clammy. Libby twitches nervously like she's looking for something. You can feel it too, as if something terrible is near you, whispering in your ear...

Tilmek and Friends:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The group looks around at each other and themselves. They're mostly peasants or orphans who were working in the mines, and aside from their work clothes and a whole bunch of soot, they seem completely unequipped.

The round up all they have. You come up with three hammers, a pick, and a book containing basic combat maneuvers that are standard in monastic training.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Banned

Goblin

Not waiting any futher, Vir-Sashi charges the closest blobby creature, delivering one, strong punch from down to the up, which, he hopes, will send the monster fly straight into the celling.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thord turn of rage.
    Charge nearest blobbymonster I can
    [roll]1d20+10[/rll] dmg (1d6+5)[9]

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry guys, rolling the attack once again
    (1d20+10)[12]

22. - Top - End - #1102

"Pray with me, Libby. The world of the Sun and Sky have yet to come."

Coanoch guides Libby through prayers to Quetzlcoatl.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual so desperately wants to help the other two finish off what there is, but who knows what else is ahead? But her task is fixed, with the sacred scrolls in her hands. She nods to the other two, and is sure they understand this is no abandonment.

She moves through the hallways with total defense. [AC 19, 40'/ round]
    Current Games

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, its better than having nothing right? Our first priority is shelter, then food and water. We will be more likely to find something if we split up, but dont go any where alone." Tilmek says as he performs a quick head count. "Four equal teams. 3 of the teams get a hammer, and I will stay with the fourth. Don't travel to far, its not worth dying over." Tilmek says. As his team heads out in search of food, Tilmek keeps an eye out for danger.

Spoiler
    Show
    taking 10 on spot and listen for 19 listen 14 spot.
    survival check taking 20, and can i get aid another from the novices?

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Li, Necahual and Vir-Sashi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Necahual: Blobby Monster 5 is blocking the entrance. Do you wish to attempt to tumble past him?

Coanacoch and Libby:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Libby recites with Coanacoch, stuttering as the sounds of horror beyond the chamber door grow louder. The door shudders after you hear a thunderous crashing sound… like a battering ram.

Libby continues to recite the prayer…

BOOM!

The door holds, but the howls and shrieks beyond get louder and more excited.

BOOM!!

The latch holding the door stretches and bends. Libby's lip begins to tremble.

A strange rune flares up on the door. Its light is red and angry looking.

Tilmek and Friends:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thankfully, the novices are mostly peasants who are no strangers to making due. And their training in the mines has toughened them for hard labor.

The eldest of each group takes the leadership role for their team. They break into 3 teams of 8 and a fourth team of 6, with you on the smaller team.

The youngest team begins gathering wood and clearing a camp site, while the other team heads out into the woods to find a water source.

Your team heads off with you to hunt.

You get a +8 to your survival check through Aid Another and gain 12 days worth of rations of nuts, fruits, herbs and berries.

It takes you about an hour and a half to get back with these rations. By the time you get back, the first group has cleared a camp and began constructing a crude wooden bungalow out of wood and monk sashes. There is a place for a campfire set up, but no fire is burning yet. Two of the youngest are sitting next to it, grinding sticks against rock to make crude spears.

You now have 4 improvised short spears.

The team you sent out to get water have returned empty handed and breathing heavily. The eldest bows low. "Rassaphore Tilmek. We've found a stream about a quarter mile from here. It's fresh and full of fish too. We left when we saw a patrol of goblins marching by. I don't think they saw us."
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek bows low in return. "Good work." turning to the group he says "I am going to go to the stream to try and get some water and fish for us. I need you and you to come with me. The rest of you continue working on the shelter and maybe drag some thorn bushes around to make a barrier." He says after pointing to the young boy that led the water team and to the oldest novice. He picks up two of the spears and hands them to the boys. "When we get to the stream I need you to try and stay hidden. I would rather not fight the goblins if they are still there, but having reinforcements hidden away won't hurt. Do you two have names? He asks as they move into the woods.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual moves up to blobby and kicks it while maintaining bodily distance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to it.

Combat Expertise 3
    Attack (1d20+4)[7], Damage (1d8+3)[9]

AC 16 w/ CE 3
    Current Games

28. - Top - End - #1108

Coanoch continues to pray with Libby ...
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Li, Necahual, Vir-Sashi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The cautious kick is easily deflected by the ugly creature. Apparently, it has at least some reflexes and a sense of self-preservation.

BlobbyMonster1, it's face a mask of rage and anguish, tears away at Li, reaching out with two filthy, clawed hands. But neither strike can get through his defenses. Li takes two glancing blows off the hip, but receives no damage.

BlobbyMonster2 turns its wrath on Necahual, lashing out with with a fierce punch to the abdomen and a vicious uppercut to the jaw. The first blow strikes true, slamming into the knot-like muscles of Necahual's stomach.

Necahual, you take 4 damage.

Li, you're up.

BeardyMonster1: (HP 14)
    Vir-Sashi:
    Necahual: (HP 35)
    BlobbyMonster1: (HP 1)
    BlobbyMonster2: (HP 1)
    Li: (HP 24)
    BlobbyMonster5: (HP 1)

Coanacoch and Libby:
    Spoiler
    Show
    BOOM! The lock stretches further and tears partly from the wall. The door has splintered some, and you can make out horrifying shapes from the other side… at this point only silhouettes. But whatever they are, they are nothing like humanoids.

With one last thunderous crash, the door bursts open. The symbol on the wall glows brightly, then blackens as if burnt to a crisp, then explodes outwards like a sideways tornado of flame that washes over the encroaching marauders for several seconds.

As the fire finally subsides, you can see a row of hellish creatures, holding their arms over their face to shield from the unexpected brightness, but otherwise seem unharmed.

You get a surprise round because of the magical trap, go!

Initiative:
    Coanacoch 20
    Libby 16
    BlobbyMonster1 14
    BlobbyMonster2 9
    BlobbyMonster3 3

Battle Grid:

Tilmek and Friends:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The eldest boy bows low. I am Kuai. When you get another look at the other boy, you realize he's a girl… though with all the soot and calloused fingers, it's not easy to tell. "Please, call me Ao. Zhao Ao Bai is my full name."

Ao is taller than Kuai, but slighter of build. She is approximately 15 and he 16, so they may have just begun their training to become Novices, just like you were not so long ago. If that's the case, then they already have some monk abilities.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi feels that soon hi fury wil lfade, so he decides to try to take at least one last monster, while he still can.
    He attacks blobby creature that avoided his lst attack, trying some new techniques he didn't have a chance to try in combat yet.
    First he delivers a vicious front kick yelling "Bartender throws a man out of the bar!" and follows this with right albow to the creature's "face", which he calls "Maid greets her drunken husband!" seeing the opportuity, he also attempts to scratch the monster with his claws.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last round of rage
    attacks:
    flurry (1d20+6)[10] dmg (1d6+5)[11]
    (1d20+6)[14] dmg (1d6+5)[11]
    Claw (1d20+5)[14] dmg (1d2)[2]