New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Thalen Vale

1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Thalen Vale

Gordil:
    Clearly spurred on by the dire situation, you swing your axe at gotreks arm. Seeing the blow coming he tries to dodge it, and instead of catching his arm, you axe bites deep into his chest, splitting his armor and burying the head of your blade deep inside him. He heaves against you, one last desperate attempt to strike back, but the light goes out of his eyes and he falls back.

Torgis curses, naor's kick having been ineffective.
    He Draws his sword, having no choice but to incapacitate snorri along with naor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[23]
    damage: (1d6)[4]
    Last edited by daungli; 2012-05-06 at 11:53 AM.
    i wrote this! take a look at what I've created.

2. - Top - End - #242

Spoiler
    Show
    That's a natural 20 too. Lol.

3. - Top - End - #243

ElfRangerGuy

Wow, so it is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[4]
    that ought'a hurt :)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oooor it could be the same I guess?
    Last edited by daungli; 2012-05-06 at 02:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244

ElfRangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry about the delay

Aerdul let out yet another banshee like shout, swinging her blade about and striking down at felix.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[17] damage; (2d6)[7]

DWARF TURN

snorri cried out, lunging to attack naor, prefering a seeming unarmed target to an armed one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[18] damage;(1d6)[2]

felix attacks aerdul, hoping to drive her back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[12](1d6)[2]

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Naor took another blow, this time to the arm. "I'm still just as capable as you, despite my injuries." He laughs and delivers a thrust punch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[7] to hit
    (1d6+1)[5] nonlethal damage

6. - Top - End - #246

ElfRangerGuy

torgis swears, punching snorri in the back of the head.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[21] nonlethal damage (1d6+1)[5]

"why wont you go down!" he shouts

aerdul continues on undaunted, bringing her sword around once more, with yet another ululating shriek.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[27] damage; (2d6)[10]
    Last edited by daungli; 2012-05-08 at 09:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247

ElfRangerGuy

crit confirm;
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[18] damage; (4d6)[15]

aerdul's sword rips through felix, breaching his armor and tearing his arm off in a single devastating blow.

snorri recoils from the blow to his head, and upon seeing that both his fellow mercenaries are dead drops his pickaxe.
    "i surrender." he raises his hands palm up, offering them to Naor in supplication.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Naor unwraps his wrist and uses the strip to bind Snorri's hands.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[26] Use Rope to bind his hands

"You should not have opposed, now your companions are forever gone. At one with the universe, though not at peace."

9. - Top - End - #249

ElfRangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    i took his AoO against torgis, not going to post it as we've moved on. but torgis lost 5 HP and only dealt 2 when he punched Snorri.

Snorri looked around at all of you, confused.
    "you mean you weren't sent here to kill us off? we figured that the harpy- he indicated Aerdul- was went by the sorcerer that employed us here, so that we couldn't spread anything about him around...
    who are you people?"

Spoiler
    Show
    for defeating the dwarf mercenaries, you each get 600 xp. good job everyone!
    Last edited by daungli; 2012-05-08 at 12:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

"We weren't sent here to kill you off, but it's a bit too late for that, isn't it?" responds Harrenden. "I don't think you're exactly one to be asking questions, so let me be the first to turn it around. Who's the sorceror who hired you?" He closes in on the dwarf, looking up at him with anger in his eyes.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

11. - Top - End - #251

ElfRangerGuy

"we never knew his name, but he promissed us a lot of gold, paid half of it upfront. We came down here, were ordered to fix some walls and the ceiling on the south side of the mine. He wanted things reinforced, and had a new section opened up for research he said he needed to do. We never saw his face, and the gold was delivered by an intermediary.
    Supposedly he's already moved most of his equipment into the mine. I didn't want to work for him. He seems like he has no need for people when he's done with them.

12. - Top - End - #252

Gordil, Dwarf Ranger

"So he is in here?" hmmm "You will guide us there."

I move to check tho other party members "Sorry for the mess, is everybody alright?" I notice the severed arm in the ground and look at the elf chick "Not bad, you could be a good dwarf" I say as I turn arround to let her see the dead dwarf inside the room severely hacked.

I start looting the corpses, and checking the party wounds as well as mines to see how we could fix ourselves.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have some potions but I would like to save them for combat situations.

13. - Top - End - #253

ElfRangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    i believe that you are the only one that is badly injured..

there isn't much useful on them. both gotrek and felix wore basic adventurers outfits, and chain shirts. there is Felix's pickaxe, and on his body is 50gp as well as a pair of small pearls and.
    gotrek however wielded a masterwork dwarven ax, which is still in fine condition. on his body you also find a small vial, filled with a faintly glowing clear liquid, and a pouch containing a ruby and 200 gold peices.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Naor turns to Snorri. "Can't you hear? You're leading us to your employer. Get on with it!"

15. - Top - End - #255

ElfRangerGuy

With a fair lot of grumbling, snorri nods, and makes his way down the tunnel to your left. Aerdul following right behind him, her sword

Drawn and ready to dispatch him should he find a way to give away the group.

When you reach a new fork, he stops, and looks to you. "I need my hands, unless one of you^ wants to set the trap there."
    H indicates a patch of ground, the hard packed dirt less than indicative of anything hidden.

"I should mention that there are animals down here. The sorcerer that employed us keeps them down here, I don't know what he's been doing with them, but they have to do with the ones outside. So maybe sooner then later?"
    Last edited by daungli; 2012-05-11 at 05:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256

Harrenden gives the dwarf a sideways glance. "Why do we need to set a trap? What if we need to come back this way?" He stops for a moment and looks down the tunnel. "And what kind of animals are we talking here?"
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.

Cypress RP profile

17. - Top - End - #257

Gordil, Dwarf Ranger

"I believe he tries to say that there is a trap and he need his hands to set it off, but we have a skilled trapper with us, so you just need to point us where and how"

Spoiler
    Show
    Luckily with snorri's directions, our rogue can't fail.

18. - Top - End - #258

"I better get some compensation for this," grumbles Harrenden, "Putting the little guy through all the traps just because he can disarm them. Never going to learn if you don't try guys." Harrenden mutters a few more things about initiative and workplace discrimination before turning to Snorri. "Alright, what do I need to do?"

Cypress RP profile

19. - Top - End - #259

ElfRangerGuy

snorri point to a truss not far from harrenden.
    "there is a hidden panel there, in the beam, it has a lever, all you have to do is pull it out, then spin it three quarters of a circle and then push it back in. it takes a bit of strength to do so, but i imagine you will be fine. that deactivates the mechanism, so the trap wont spring on you."
    he seems very upset that you are unwilling to let him do it himself, but is resigned to letting you disarm it.

20. - Top - End - #260

Harrenden flexes his biceps. "I hope you've accounted for halfling strength." He pops off the panel and activates the mechanism.

Spoiler
    Show
    Disable Device: (1d20+10)[30]

Cypress RP profile

21. - Top - End - #261

ElfRangerGuy

There is a small click, and above your heads the sound of stone settling can be heard. Behind you both torgis breathed a sigh of releif. The trap is disarmed safely.
    Snorri nods aprovingly, and takes a cautious step Forwards, and nods approval.
    "good job halfling We can go straight ahead or left here, it shouldn't matter. Although the beasties are usually prowling in the darker cooridors. I'd rather not get into a fight with one, since you went and took my weapons."
    He sends a reproachful look at naor.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"As we were able to dispatch you, we could dispatch anything you believe you could face. Lead the way."
    He gives Snorri a light push and follows him down the path.

23. - Top - End - #263

ElfRangerGuy

Snorii takes a steadying breath and leads onwards. It isn't long before the floor of the tunnel begins to slope downwards, and the air begins to become dank.
    You can hear the sound of something scuttleing in the darkness beyond the range of your torchlight, but snorii seems unconcerned by the sounds.
    Up ahread there is another fork, and snorii leads you to the left, stopping only to indicate A tripwire that you should carefully step over.

The sound of animal movement reaches you from further down the tunnel, and snorri stops walking forward.
    "perhaps someone that is armed should take the lead? It seems we are no longer on our own here ."
    His voice is only a whisper, but he is very clearly afraid of whatever is possibly ahead.

24. - Top - End - #264

ElfRangerGuy

Snorii takes a steadying breath and leads onwards. It isn't long before the floor of the tunnel begins to slope downwards, and the air begins to become dank.
    You can hear the sound of something scuttleing in the darkness beyond the range of your torchlight, but snorii seems unconcerned by the sounds.
    Up ahread there is another fork, and snorii leads you to the left, stopping only to indicate A tripwire that you should carefully step over.

The sound of animal movement reaches you from further down the tunnel, and snorri stops walking forward.
    "perhaps someone that is armed should take the lead? It seems we are no longer on our own here ."
    His voice is only a whisper, but he is very clearly afraid of whatever is possibly ahead.

25. - Top - End - #265

Gordil, Dwarf Ranger

"Not supposed to be here?"
    Gordil tries to identify the creature while drawing his crossbow. He listens carefully and try to focus his eyes on the darkness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen (1d20+7)[27]
    Spot (1d20+7)[8]