New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Kilkil: Replacement Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Kalrany View Post
    Ah... I had missed that one.
    But to me that implies that KilKil is one of the gang. I don't see from the text that anyone was moved up -- just laterally switched "to keep things fresh".
    Check the lineup in #758. Six people, no flying kobold.

Two members of the team are in each location, Tarquin said. In the Empire of Blood, that's Tarquin and Malack.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kilkil: Replacement Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Kalrany View Post
    Ah... I had missed that one.
    But to me that implies that KilKil is one of the gang. I don't see from the text that anyone was moved up -- just laterally switched "to keep things fresh".
    It reads like KilKil was one of the partners to swap. But then again, maybe he is referring to his old friend the priest... It kind of depends on the number of people involved in the sawp. However, I got the impression that Malack has been at the location for a while, but that is just an assumption. It seems like the Dragon/Emperass was once a part of the gang, but must not have been high enough to avoid being set up... Yet on the 3rd hand it could be because of her rather silly assumption on how to gain personal power...
    There are a number of ways to inpterpret who is and who isn't important/key adventurers. The data is vague.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that KilKil was one of the Tarquin gang, but the opposite, actually! I was saying that, after Tarquin's control over the Empire of Blood was completely solidified, he didn't specifically need Miron or in fact any really powerful warrior hanging around so he didn't have a problem hiring KilKil to take his place since he wasn't expecting another major fight.