Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: [IC] TW:epic fantasy

queendom to reforged kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show
    we dont know why the conclave would aid the nijons. messages suggest the nijonians sought to eliminate a possible ally of the rozarian empire. i am confident the info is accurate as we were working with the jacks collective in investigating this.

conclave to reforged kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show
    apparently this diplomat had died from a plague very similiar to the one we are experiencing now. the risen empires magical archives are very similiar to our own so they must have known this.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Queendom
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will ask them why -- perhaps it will shed more light on the matter. Could it have been, perhaps, the Risen Empire cooperating withthe Nijons? That would seem to make much more sense.

To the Conclave
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you know where the Diplomat may have been called from? And do you have any idea on how you could try to stop this magical disease with your own magic?
    Also, the Queendom has told us that you may have cooperated with the Nijons to possibly influence the Queen's mind. Could you explain?

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    that would make more sense, but the letters clearly state it is the conclave and not the risen empire. we will be investigating this further.

conclave to reforged kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show
    we know he was called forth from the dead like all of the risen empires goverment. we also have some ideas on how to stop the disease with our magic.

i dont know what your talking aout regarding the queendom and the nijons. we have no such alliance. why would we work with such a foreign expansionist power?

4. - Top - End - #364

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Queendom
    Spoiler
    Show
    We asked the Magus Conclave, and their response was
    we have no such alliance. why would we work with such a foreign expansionist power?
    Such an argument seems very similar to what I previously said -- could we ask how you found these letters between the Nijons and the Magus Conclave.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    agents from the jacks collective intercepted the messages and turned them over to me.

6. - Top - End - #366

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Queendom
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh...Could I ask what the Jacks did to find and intercept them, and when?

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    [mid-turn] is when i recieved these messages. they were helping investigate the mind-control attempt which i formerly believed to be the risen empires work.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jack Collective
    Morale: +++++ +++++

To the Reforged Kingdom (+++++ +++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have been building our military forces because there is always something that must be fixed in this world. Whether demons to fight, evil empires to overthrow, allies to defend, monsters to banish, or innocents to be saved from tyranny, there is always something. For example, at the moment our ally is in a war and we need to quarantine a plague that could devastate the continent if it is not contained. The Collective is based upon the idea of supporting our fellow man. And that is what we will do as long as we are needed.

9. - Top - End - #369

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Jacks
    Spoiler
    Show
    We see, thank you.

To the Queendom
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is really really strange. really really REALLY strange. I trust the Jacks to a certain extent, and doubt that they would lie about such mesages. the Nijons I could see being behind such a mind-control attempt, even though it failed. However, alone, they obviously could not do such an action. So we're looking at...the Magus Conclave and the Risen Empire for helping them...unless it was somebody else (!). I doubt the Magus Conclave's involvement -- they are close friends of ours and they have 0 apparant reason to do such an action. You have these messages, but they could be in suspect -- either forged by the Jacks or forged by others and then found by the Jacks. Could we have details of your and the Jacks investigation into this so we can conduct our own on top of it?

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    what if the conclave wanted to give us a reason to continue the war against the risen? they did take the conclaves towers after all. my mages, working with the jacks even managed to trace the residual magical energies that were left behind and they led straight to the conclave. however i do admit its not their style.

i will be glad to accept your help in figuring this matter out.

11. - Top - End - #371

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Queendom
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the Conclave wanted their towers back, then why take such a convoluted route? They could have put the magic they used in the mind-control spell into taking back their towers...I have an almost 0% belief that the Conclave was part of this. Hmm...would you (the Queen) be alright with coming to the Reforged Kingdom to discuss this further with a representative of the Magus Conclave? We understand that it may be a difficult time for you to leave your Queendom, but such important matters should probably not be left to easily-intercepted messages.

To the Magus Conclave
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from King Fuban. He requests ((leader of the Magus Conclave))'s presence at a meeting with himself and the Queen of Faluna, to discuss the previously mentioned issue...Such importnt discussions shouldn't be left to easily-intercepted messages.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

to ragingrage[GM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    they both agree to visit your capital and meet.

13. - Top - End - #373

Jack Collective

To the Reforged Kingdom / Conclave / Queendom (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To make this simpler, I will admit I falsified said messages. At the time, I did not feel that the Risen deserved to be destroyed for the actions of a splinter group and a single, poor judgement call in the liberation of Dhevan. I was attempting to protect them from another war, because the next was sure to destroy them. However, at the same time that my agents were fabricating that cover, I also discovered that the Risen are most likely the ones behind the plague. Their diplomatic ambassador was patient zero, if I understand correctly, and the Conclave has already given you Reforged evidence of such. I now have no sympathy for the Empire. I apologize for my actions. I came to this decision out of mercy and I now realize I should have none for people such as the Risen.

I also apologize for implicating the Conclave for such a hideous action. There are not many powers I know of with a strong enough magical force to be capable of such a thing, and I saw them as the only alternative to the Risen.

-King Jack
    (Message delivered by Captain Jack)
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2012-08-17 at 02:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

[b]beginning of turn 15

the plague...it has evolved: with every nation on the continent pitching in tech and magic to fight the disease, a cure has finally been found and the respective leaders and govermental clerks of each nation are being vaccinated against all known strains of this disease...however there is not enough of to vaccinate everyone, or even cure the infected. plans are in motion to begin mass-producung the cure to distribute it to all in need.

but, its not over yet for in a few isolated areas the disease appears to have gotten much worse than before the advent of the cure.

the road is closed: in order to prevent the further spread of disease several nations have pretty much closed all trade-routes.

nijon-rozarian war: the battle continues as the trade federation pushes even more troops into the fray, driving the nijon forces back from their fortifications...right into a 2nd even tougher line, complete with blackpowder weaponry YEARS ahead of their known capabilities.

dhevan reborn: the formerly decimated isle of dhevan is now back on the mend and is now quickly growing to pre-war strengths.

tragedy in sol-faluna: in the great city of sol-faluna, the capital of the queendom, with the troops fighting the disease in the countryside, someone has somehow taken control of and magically sealed off the queens palace letting no one in or out. local watch-men report strange sounds and lights being seen around the palace before it was sealed. however, sir-george, head of the queendoms army has reported that the queen herself was not in the palace and is believed to still be in the palace of king fuban of the reforged kingdom.

15. - Top - End - #375

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Venetian Isles (+++++) (Is that your Morale?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you be interested in participating in a series of Naval war-games with us and possibly the Queendom of Faluna? We feel it would be a good step towards restoring relations after the recent war.

To the Nijon Empire (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because of the suspected Risen Empire attack on Faluna, we will likely be unable to give you any military assistance. We may still be able to give you techs or econ however.

16. - Top - End - #376

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles
    morale: 5

To Reforged
    Spoiler
    Show

we agree to these naval war games.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

On the Disease
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll be using the rail system to distribute the cure we've got.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

18. - Top - End - #378

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Elven Tribes
    Spoiler
    Show
    We understand that there is still a fair bit of chaos, even after the Lady of the Oaks death. Is there anything we can do to help?

19. - Top - End - #379

Jack Collective

To the Federation (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's get straight to business. This plague is spreading and we don't yet have enough of the cure. As such, this joint taskforce is necessary to serve as a stop gap until we can produce enough medicine to end the outbreak once and for all.

Because of the extent of the spread, the Collective moves to use the funds of this alliance's war chest to equip the taskforce with gear to protect them from the infection so they can operate without fear of succumbing themselves. In this past season, we developed such technology and used it on a small scale to contain the afflicted areas in our lands with great success, so ramping up production should enable us to protect the member nations of this Federation.

On that topic, we need to know the extent of the spread in all of your lands, so we can prioritize the hardest hit areas first. And while the Collective is willing to bear the primary burden of manning this taskforce, we request your aid in scientists, mages, and funds to operate it. While we have developed a cure, we feel that having a better understanding of the disease could help in its eradication, as well as prepare this alliance for any future outbreaks of other viruses.

And on another topic, this war between the Rozarian and the Nijonian must also be addressed. Based on the weaponry that was just deployed by their soldiers, this war could take much longer than we expected. Because of this, the Collective would request that the Rozarian Emperor be placed into the custody of our intelligence services. Prior observations of ours show that the Nijonians have rather potent covert agencies of their own and we fear that they may attempt sabotage or assassination to aid their cause. They've already proved willing to launch an invasion as a virus rages across the continent, so we wouldn't put it past them. We also have reason to suspect that they may have agents inside the higher command of your government. We would advise that you investigate your advisers as soon as the war is over.

-Ambassador Jack
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2012-08-21 at 04:55 PM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Trade federation[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    they all agree to the plague taskforce but it is also suggested by several nations that they should instead devote all their resources on mass-producing the cure and using the small amount of plague suits to contain those areas where the disease is strengthening until they are ready to move in with the cure. the hardest hit nation here is the consortium due to their trade routes and supply contracts, while the isle of dhevan is hardly affected at all.

the rozarian empire would agree to a military protection detail but he does not believe his intelligence community is compromised and thinks his secret police are able enough to protect him from unconventional threats. scouts suggest the nijons have atleast 10 MIL left, but that they are behind heavy fortifications and will likely defend as atleast twice that amount. however they do lack any airship capabilities so navy could help breach the line.

with that said, the theocracy suggests forming a seperate security council of militarily strong powers who could cooperate to end any wars that may spring up.

elven tribes to reforged kingdoms
    Spoiler
    Show
    things were a bit chaotic yes, but things are rapidly calming down. many thanks for the help.

nijon empire to reforged kingdom[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    i believe we can hold out as long as we stay behind the fortifications and our mages should be ready for another elemental strike at mid-turn. the plan is to wear the enemy forces down through sheer attrittion. if the coalition loses enough troops it should convince them to withdraw from the war

21. - Top - End - #381

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Elven Tribes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are welcome, and we would provide it at any time. We would, if you would hear it, provide you with an offer: to join the Reforged Kingdom. The Lady of the Oaks, though foul in her methods, showed the power the Elves can bear if united and together. Joining the Reforged Kingdom would let you do that, while also being part of something bigger and greater.

To the Nijon Empire (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent. We hope that the war proceeds favourably from now on.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

[b]mid-turn update

nijon-rozarian war: the war takes a turn for the worst as a massive army from the jacks collective arrives and forces the nijonian forces back from their heavilly fortified lines. but they advance alone, due to a destructive magical attack launched upon where the jacks allies were organizing themselves inflicting very heavy losses to all involved.

the cure: the great plague now appears to be on its last leg as many nations work to mass-produce the cure and distribute it to the infected populace. however in some isolated areas the disease is growing more and more deadly as new strains are created.

elven exodus: rumours of a large number of the elven tribes joining the reforged kingdom are flying around throughout the continent.

war in sol-faluna: just weeks ago a large contigent of the reforged kingdoms elite shock-troopers joined together with the magus conclave and queendom forces in unsealing and retaking the palace grounds. though much of what transpired is unknown to those who did not participate it was obviously not pretty as many of the wounded soldiers injuries appeared to be rotting away from the inside. queendom, conclave and reforged leaders are currently holed up discussing what has just transpired.

rozarian infiltration: the little news that has been made public about this is that the corridors of the rozarian imperial palace became an open battlefield between rozarian counter-intelligence agents and a force of unknown insurgents after a long investigation confirmed the empire was indeed home to many foreign agents. though most of the insurgents appeared to have escaped, unconfirmed rumours say a few of them were killed.

dhevan: in the only peaceful event that has happened lately the isle of dhevan has reopened its islands and are looking to reestablish trade with non federation nations. rumours also suggest the hellraisers new recruitment depots are up and running with dozens signing up dailly and being shipped to a training camp on the southern end of the isle.

23. - Top - End - #383

Jack Collective

To the Federation (PM):
    Spoiler
    Show
    To keep you all appraised of the situation, the Collective suspect that the blackpowder weaponry of the Nijonians was tech they reverse engineered from the Harmonium sponsored revolution in their lands. The Reforged asked for their aid in reverse engineering some form of weapons when they fought together all those seasons ago and we suspect these are said weapons. So the Reforged also have access to it.

We also encountered Deep Troll developed machine guns in the Nijon fortifications. While hopefully the Trolls aren't actively arming the Kingdom, we will investigate the matter.

-Ambassador Jack

To the Deep Trolls (+++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our armies encountered machine guns that you had developed guarding the Nijonians' fortifications. Care to explain?

24. - Top - End - #384

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Venetian Isles
    Spoiler
    Show
    To confirm: You will be attending the war games at EoT?

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deep Trolls to the Jacks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last thing we sold to anyone was the flamers. They could have stolen the design specs through. We'll be working on better containment mesures.

To the nijon empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    We hear you've been using our machene guns. Where'd you get 'em?
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-08-23 at 11:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

nijon empire to the trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    we got the designs from our good friends in your part of the continent. they were quite easy to buy after all the helicopters you lost in the war. i hear it was stolen by bandits and scavengers and sold on the black market

trade federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    queendom: "yes. we can confirm the reforged kingdom was using advanced blackpowder weaponry at the palace assault...but no matter what happens, i will not go to war with a trusted friend and ally over a few powder-shells.

OOC: i should mention the reforged has the highest WO in the game right now and it would be very hard to get anyone too set upon the idea they were an enemy based purely upon words
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-08-24 at 12:11 AM.

27. - Top - End - #387

Jack Collective

To the Federation (PM):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Collective has no desire or intention to go to war with the Reforged. However, as this Federation is primarily a military alliance and one that deals with the defense of all its members, we feel we should relay any information we find regarding the combat capabilities of other factions that we uncover. If nothing else, said technology may be stolen and proliferate among possible enemies. That is apparently how the Deep Trolls' machine guns were acquired by the Nijonians. We've fought beside the Reforged in nearly all of the wars they have waged, barring the most recent few. No one of the Collective wishes to have to fight with former brothers in arms.

OOC: I have no intention of going to war with them or trying to instigate the alliance to do such a thing. Just informing them of possibly relevant, military things for the future.

To the Deep Trolls (+++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for the information. While we have no issue with you selling weapons technology, we would prefer you don't actively arm our enemies. That could become unpleasant for all involved.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2012-08-24 at 12:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #388

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles
    morale: 5

To Reforged
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes we will attend the games
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Jacks
    Spoiler
    Show
    We asked the nijon empire where they got the guns. They had this to say;

we got the designs from our good friends in your part of the continent. they were quite easy to buy after all the helicopters you lost in the war. i hear it was stolen by bandits and scavengers and sold on the black market
    We'll get to work fixing that. Hopefuly, by this time next year, the new helicopter linewill be finished.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

beginning of turn 15

OOC:it seems my count of what turn we were on was off by 1 for quite a while but fixed now.

roasted jacks and hellraiser stew it seems the jacks and hellraisers invading the nijon empire were led into a trap as a great firestorm enveloped the armies killing hundreds. oddly enough, rumours say a young blue-robed mage was seen wandering the battlefield healing the wounded.

tunnel assault: the reforged kingdom sent a massive army to explore an ancient tunnel complex beneath the queens palace in sol-faluna. apparently there are more of what attacked the palace judging from the wounds on the casualties.

roasted goblin: in yet another massive display of pryotechnics, the powerful risen empire launched its own firestorm upon the goblin horde that was pillaging its northern lands. it also seems the risen empire has finally given up its 2 magus towers to the conclave.

national pride: in the reforged kingdoms a healthy dose of nationalism has swept the kingdom inspiring hundreds to enlist and help the kingdom claim its rightful place.

war-games: the reforged and venetian fleets engaged in a truly massive display of teamwork and cooperation in the very first war-games between the 2 nations

military buildup: many nations across the continent are preparing for war and unvealing very powerful tools of destruction, ranging from deep-troll assault copters to massive lumbering artillery platforms from the reforged kingdom.