1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: [IC] TW:epic fantasy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Venetians
    Spoiler
    Show
    We thank you for the devices. Perhaps you could send your navy to Nijon to aid in the evacuation of refugees? People on boats travel much quicker than people on foot. Our navy will be doing the same thing as well.

2. - Top - End - #512

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

To Reforged
    Spoiler
    Show

I though I just said that I was sending my navy to aid in the evacuation. The bombing will be restricted to protecting the refugees, at least until they are out of the way.

We happened to have the communications device developed at a fortuitous time. Do you have any inventions or technologies that might be helpful? any fighting methods? any technologies?

Sorry for binging this up, but a portion of your kingdom once served demons before they gloriously threw off the demonic control. Do any of the veterans from that era know anything about the likely demonic fighting techniques? Any special methods to kill them, or banish them? I will be using my mages to try to figure out a practical method to banish large numbers of demons, any magic you could provide to that would be appreciated.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

to all
    Spoiler
    Show
    the following nations are contributing their support in various areas.

Nagarea: army and naval forces are already on the move. magic and economy constructing shelters for the refugee bands

Hellraisers: majority of troops fighting demons while putting a couple points towards aiding refugee bands.

elves: contributing their trained skirmishers and druids to harry demonic forces.

Protectorate: remains aloof as usual with no response.

Demons: they are of course contributing the majority of their army to destroying the world.

4. - Top - End - #514

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

Antonia da parma sits in his office frantically looking over reports coming in from all over the isles, and through their network the rest of the world. He walks over to one stack of papers, reads a few words, runs over to another. After several minutes he flips over his desk in anger. "I know there is something else in here. Something else that the Isles can do to combat this. Why can't I remember what it is. Why? WHY!" And then below him he sees the specifications of the factories that will be committed to the war effort, limited only by the resources he can put into them.

To All
    Spoiler
    Show

There are three things that the isles needs to discuss with everyone, both relating to the demonic threat.

The first is that recently the venetian Isles have developed several factories that should greatly increase the effectiveness of resources that are put into the war effort. These cannot be built quickly enough elsewhere to be effective, however they are only limited by the resources that are put towards them. In addition the the resources we will be shoveling into them we offer them to produce war materials for other nations as well. Sent any resources to us through the network and we will send you the military output of these factories, based on your contribution (aka. 10% of total resources contributed will get 10% total MIL strength). Our engineers tell us that this will be much more efficient than conventional methods of manufacturing, so this would produce more military faster than if you don't take us up on our offer.

Secondly we are going to undertake research on a way to banish demons in large numbers in a battlefield situation. We would ask any mages from other nations to contribute to this, so that it will be more effective.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

5. - Top - End - #515

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Venetians
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would not ask the person I hate worse to remember their times with the Demons. I will not be asking that question.
    In terms of technologies, we are currently working on something. Hopefully we will be finished it in time for the battle.

6. - Top - End - #516

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

To Reforged
    Spoiler
    Show

We are sorry for bringing up that point in the past. We understand the sentiment that keeps you from asking. We will not press the issue further. Also will you be partaking in our more recent offers?

7. - Top - End - #517

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Venetians
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those factories? I'm not sure if there will be enough time to fully extract enough resources, but we'll try.

8. - Top - End - #518

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

To Reforged
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can send us will be appreciated. We are already sending many resources, so there is no critical value that must be overcome to make the factories work, as we will have already passed it.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jack Collective
    Morale: 20

To the Continental Powers (Meaning not the Protectorates)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We suspect that this demonic invasion has been brought about by the Protectorates. We know that there have been two prior outbreaks of demons on our continent, the first in the Zexan mine, and the second was the Beast. The Collective has evidence that the Beast was summoned by the Harmonium, and the Reforged can independently verify that.

Because the Protectorates are the societal descendants of the Empire, they quite possibly inherited any information on the ritual that brought the Destroyer. They also have spent a number of seasons sacrificing people to pool energy for their blood magic, which logically leads to the conclusion that they have been prepping for some magical ritual. Based on this, we suspect that the Harmonium Empire had been dabbling in demonology while they were in command of a colony on our continent. The mine in Zexan was presumably a field test of this ritual with the intent of punishing all of us for driving off their command. The Beast was a more focused attempt with a similar intent. This invasion is, hopefully, the final product of their research. For if this is simply the precursor to something worse... In any event, we need to prepare for such a possibility.

Due to this cataclysm, we are opening the railways to all nations participating in pushing back the demons. We will also be making it our highest priority and devoting all available resources toward ending the invasion. The airmen of the Collective will be deployed to aid in evacuation of the Nijon populace, as well as provide bombing support to their remaining military. The Collective High Command is currently weighing the options of either deploying our soldiers to our Rozarian fortifications or to engaging the demons in the open desert. To save Nijon, we feel venturing out to strike at the horde itself is more optimal.

In more long term plans, all of us should plan to deploy our soldiers to the deeps these beasts came from, in addition to finding the ones responsible for their coming. We must ensure that this never happens again.

To the Venetians (8?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    How exactly do your factories work? We are unsure whether we are going to produce the Warded Armor the Theocracy developed, as it dampens magic, or whether to simply produce more weaponry. If the latter, we wish to take you up on your offer. Your offer is effectively offering the use of a higher efficiency factory to produce Mil for no charge, provided said Mil is used against the Demons, correct?

To Nijon
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Collective opens its borders to any of your citizens in need of refuge due to the demon invasion. Our airforce will be deployed to aid in the evacuation of your people, in addition to providing air support to yourself. If High Command deems it tactically intelligent to fight the hordes in the desert, we suggest you join up with our army to push them back. Otherwise we would advise falling back to the Rozaria to take advantage of our fortifications there. They should provide the mortals of this realm an advantage in combating the extraplanar.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2012-11-13 at 03:30 AM.

10. - Top - End - #520

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles
    morale: 9

To Jacks
    Spoiler
    Show

The factories are based off technology we bought from the trolls prior to their downfall. They use machines and electricity to produce large amount of weapons, and weaponized vehicles (again based off technology we bought from the trolls). So it will simply be straight military assets, with no magical enhancement. Although we think that the assets produced should be capable of holding enchantments, we have not experimented with doing so, our mages having - until recently - been working on the communications technology. We see no reason why it shouldn't be capable of being enchanted however.

And you are correct in your assessment of our offer. We will use our factories to produce military assets at no charge should they be used against the demons.

11. - Top - End - #521

Jack Collective

To the Venetians (9):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are the technologies you are referring to [Mechanized Factories], [Batteries], and [Electricity]? Or do you have a technology that improved upon those? We would be interested in purchasing said technology if the latter. We are aware it will take some time to implement, but as of now we have no idea whether the demons will receive any reinforcements from their realm, or any mortal allies. Or, for that matter, their current strength. If they outnumber the unified armies of the continent, this coalition will need all the advantage we can get...

We could offer you [Warded Armor], [Air-Ships], and some amount of Eco you deem appropriate for the factory technology. We would also appreciate the communication devices you have developed. While the Hive-mind provides a similar effect, it will be beneficial for communicating with the other members of this alliance.

OOC: Warded Armor dampens magic attacks against those equipped, and I think air-ships basically let you use Navy anywhere, land and sea. Could give you a bit more flexibility, though I am not really sure as to how exactly it works. I've had it for a long while...
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2012-11-13 at 04:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #522

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

To Jacks
    Spoiler
    Show

The designs have been significantly improved from there, to include a) better outputs (tanks and some such) and b) get a more advantageous ratio.

OOC: the factories have been keyed specifically to military production, beyond what the tech itself gives. As such it gets a better ratio. Exactly what the ratio is I don't know, as I just finished building them, but it should be better than usual.

13. - Top - End - #523

Jack Collective

To the Venetians (9)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be interested in purchasing said technology. We are aware it will take some time to implement, but, as of now, we have no idea whether the demons will receive any reinforcements from their realm, or any mortal allies. Or, for that matter, their current strength. If they outnumber the unified armies of the continent, this coalition will need all the advantage we can get...

We could offer you [Warded Armor], [Air-Ships], and some amount of Eco you deem appropriate for the factory technology. We would also appreciate the communication devices you have developed. While the Hive-mind provides a similar effect, it will be beneficial for communicating with the other members of this alliance.

OOC: Warded Armor dampens magic attacks against those equipped, and I think air-ships basically let you use Navy anywhere, land and sea. Could give you a bit more flexibility, though I am not really sure as to how exactly it works. I've had it for a long while...

This message is simply reposting stuff I edited into the previous one just before you replied.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2012-11-13 at 04:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

To Jacks [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

We have not been entirely straightforward for reasons that will soon become clear.

The troll technology was given to us by a group of survivors from the deep trolls. Although not many they had some engineers and scientists that were willing to help the Isles out. The deal we made with them was on the condition that we not give any of their technology to the nations that attacked them. As such we cannot turn over the technology without violating our honor. We can allow you the use of the factories but cannot give you the technology behind it.

OOC: the survivors are basically a minor NPC that I contacted, and hired to upgrade my factories to the more efficient deep troll designs. They didn't escape to wherever the rest of them went in time, and went to the most powerful nation that didn't kill the trolls.

15. - Top - End - #525

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To all continental powers (not the Protectorate)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would propose a plan of action that goes as such:
    This mid-turn, all nations try to harvest whatever resources they can; using the factories of the Venetians to hopefully increase our forces before the attack. We also use our navies, to get out whatever refugees we can.
    At the End of the Turn, we can actually engage the demons. The Reforged Army, probably the biggest of all contributors to the force, can take the centre. The Trade Federation can take the right flank, with our left flank guarded by our combined magi. In the skies our airships can bombard the demons, while further back Reforged artillery shells their back lines. Would that be acceptable?

16. - Top - End - #526

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isels

To everyone committed to fighting the demons
    Spoiler
    Show

The reforged's plans are acceptable to us, especially as no one has responded to our research requests. Our magi and soldiers will meet with the reforged's army come {mid-turn}.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Demon Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    [most nations are planning to provide atleast some magic to help with the research]

Hellraisers: just one nitpicky suggestion...

i notice you propose that Federation forces take the right flank and our magi take the left? i do not agree...

while a combined force of magi may be a formidable foe, they are simply not suited to close-quarter hand-to-hand fighting and as such would be borderline useless if the demons chose to push their section hard enough. what we propose instead is Federation forces take both flanks and our magi divide themselves up over the entire line. this would ensure they are not completely defenseless and would allow the entire horde to be caught within the spell range of the magi.

18. - Top - End - #528

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

Demon Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will bow to your wisdom here.

19. - Top - End - #529

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles
    morale:9

To Demon Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show

Splitting up the magi seems a good idea. Given the support for the research into a battlefeild spell we will be splitting our magi. Half to the army, half to help with the research, so that we can get rid of them en masse.

20. - Top - End - #530

Jack Collective

To the Demon Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will be reserving our mages until later in the season after we have found those responsible and obtained as much data as we can on the summoning ritual itself. The plan for the Federation to hold the flanks with the Reforged at the center is fine with us.

To the Venetians (9)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will be diverting some of our Economy to your factories, but are waiting for some estimates from our analysts before we know of the exact number.

21. - Top - End - #531

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles
    morale:9

To Jacks
    Spoiler
    Show

That is fine by us. You can use them whenever you want to send the resources (assuming the demon war hasn't ended by then). Wait for however long you want.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mid-Turn Update:

The War begins...: In the opening moves of what is shaping up to be the largest battle the continental mainland, the demonic hordes continued their push west, quickly overrunning the highly-trained imperial guard of the Nijonian empire. so quickly was the defeat, the demon war-bands would have completely overtake the refugee bands fleeing west, had it not been for the daring efforts of the Demon Coalition in rescueing them.

meanwhile, on the fortified borders of the former Rozarian empire, just over a million men, magi and several thousand tons of supplies and equipment, have been gathering and jointly manning the defenses. they have all gathered for a single purpose...to defend the race of man and protect their homes from the demonic hordes! historical experts say that this is the largest military gathering in over a thousand years.

Merges: in a single fell swoop, the Jacks Collective has organized a merger with the Nagarean Theocracy, the remainder of the Nijonian empire and even the elven tribes...while the first two were not entirely suprising or even unexpected but why did the elves join them? that is the question on everyones minds...

23. - Top - End - #533

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

To Demon Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show

the preliminary results of the research initiative is in. one of the researches said "high-quality metals such as mithral, magicite, Batorian steel and astral-steel work wonders against demons. where to get these is just speculation at this point...although, some demons are known to carry hideous Batorian-steel weapons " (OOC: from my Mid turn report)

If anyone knows where to find sources of these it would be greatly appreciated. Also whenever a battle ends we should salvage the demon's weapons, as they could improve our efforts against them.

Also, what are the military plans for the EOT? wait for the demons to come against our defenses? or do we have more elaborate plans than that?

24. - Top - End - #534

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

Anti-Demon Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would assume we meet them on the plains of battle. Better to have these defenses to retreat to, if needed.

25. - Top - End - #535

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

To Reforged
    Spoiler
    Show

Seems good. We will work based off of those tactics.

26. - Top - End - #536

Jack Collective

To the Demon Anti-Demon Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    We second the offensive. Holing up in Rozaria may allow the demons to bring more of their ilk through from their home. We also propose that Captain Jack leads the forces, as he has experience in fighting in the deserts and will be able to negate penalties from the terrain.

27. - Top - End - #537

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

To Jacks
    Spoiler
    Show

Fine by us.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Beginning of Turn 23

the Royal Heir: it is a day of great joy and celebration in the Reforged Kingdoms. Queen Lymsleia has finally given birth to a baby girl and the heir to the throne. thousands of wealthy merchants and their wives are swarming to the royal-palace to attend this monumentous occasion. in fact, the queen has issued a general invitation to the entire continent. so beloved is the queen, that many govermental officials from all over the continent plan on attending despite what has just happened...(i will let Ragingrage name the child if he so desires...)

Betrayal: the battle was going rather well, the magi having just killed many demons...then, as the demons began to reorganize for their first charge, tens of thousands of lives were lost in an instant as Reforged soldiers brought their swords to bear on their own comrades in arms...then the demons and Reforged warship fleets struck, completely decimating the coalitions flanks and naval support. now demon war-bands have completely overtaken the refugees that had escaped their grasp just weeks before.

as if that wasnt enough, a massive fleet of the San-Kesh cultists have been conducting amphibeous landings on the Jacks coast. Jack militias tried to resist but acting in accordance with the cultists, assassination teams slipped through the Jacks agents and eliminated most of the Jacks local military leadership. the very few Jack and Venetian ground and naval assets are now scattered throughout the central portion of the continent, bravely(or foolishly...) attempting to hold their positions, despite being outnumbered roughly 10 to 1...

[too tired to write the whole narrative i had planned...will do so later...]

29. - Top - End - #539

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

A man sits on the ground, looking up at the stars, and laughs. Laughs so hard that he cries. And only the most observant person could see that, somehow, these tears are the same as if he was crying in sadness. As if he was weeping. As if he was the saddest man on this poor, cursed, world.

Public Announcement from King Fuban:
    The birth of this baby also shows how the heavens are pleased with our actions. I proclaim that the girl be named Spring -- for as the spring marks the rebirth of the earth each year, she will mark the rebirth of this continent! A continent that is prosperous and fertile, a continent led to happiness by the Reforged Kingdom!

To the Trade Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have no hope, no chance. Surrender now, and this continent can sooner have the age of prosperity the Reforged Kingdom shall bring. We do not want more war, so please simply surrender.
    Last edited by ragingrage; 2012-11-19 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Fun things.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mid-Turn Update:

the Multiverse...: In the Venetion isles, rumours speak of mages opening up portals to another plane of existence and evacuating all its assets through the gate! Venetian mages also used this time to completely shut down the portal network.

A Daring Rescue: No one except those involved really know what happened here. about the only thing that is widely known here is that Queen Lymsleia herself was abducted(or rescued depending on whos side your on...)! Rumours speak of Deep-Trolls and the Queens own guard being involved...

perhaps in connection to this event, it appears a small but growing religious movement has even gone so far as elevating the queen to godhood for her actions over the recent years. They are praising the rebels that led the rescue for freeing her, claiming that it was clear she was being held hostage by the Reforged since the real queen would never willingly support such wanton slaughter and bloodshed, let alone alliances with demons and demon cultists. So far they are not causing any real problems except for the occasional riot sparked by their sermons.

Guerilla Warfare: The Reforged legions attempted a push into Jack territory alongside San-Kesh priest's and cultists, but were quickly met by a stiff and determined guerilla resistance movement that hampered their efforts in the region. Reforged attempts to fight back but the guerilla fighters quickly vanish into the wilderness or in plain sight, hidden by an unhappy populace that is actively resisting. meanwhile, behind the lines, the mobile factories, designed by the trolls, but manufactured by the jacks are churning out new weapons and armor for the guerilla fighters, allowing them to continue the fight. Experts say that should the Reforged fail to eliminate the Jacks formidable economic power base and break the peoples will to resist, it is likely the Jacks could recover and become a true threat to the Reforged kingdom rather than an annoyance.

Palace Gossip: It seems that people all over the continent are showing support for the Jacks Collective, actively speaking up in protest in many places. Yet another annoyance to deal with...

majority of demon horde is marching on the strongholds of the Hellraiser mercenary company. they can not hold for long no matter what happens.

Sightings of a huge troll in the mountans of the north gathering goblins and other humanoids to its cause.

Queens own brother Nash and her former bodyguard sir Georg Prime serving the Jacks Collective? It was widely believed they had perished in the fighting earlier this season, but rumours sugggest otherwise.