New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread X: Playground Cosmic Principle

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    wherever she might be.
    I'm not sure why this has persisted. We've known she's in hell since RoGD2. Just because no one's seen her doesn't mean she's escaped or anything (at least not yet). I suspect she's been working on some sort of personal metamorphosis or else she's lying low because Kimbery wants to beat her up and take her aspects of the motherhood theme. Incidentally, whose idea was it for there to be three mother Primordials anyway?

2. - Top - End - #452

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    I'm not sure why this has persisted. We've known she's in hell since RoGD2.
    We do? (obligatory character filler)

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    I'm not sure why this has persisted. We've known she's in hell since RoGD2. Just because no one's seen her doesn't mean she's escaped or anything (at least not yet). I suspect she's been working on some sort of personal metamorphosis or else she's lying low because Kimbery wants to beat her up and take her aspects of the motherhood theme. Incidentally, whose idea was it for there to be three mother Primordials anyway?
    No we don't. We have hints and suggestions, but no outright statements.

RotSE is the only thing that outright, flat out states "Yes, the Scarlet Empress is the Ebon Dragon's bride."
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    RotSE is the only thing that outright, flat out states "Yes, the Scarlet Empress is the Ebon Dragon's bride."
    What does that have to do with Cytherea?
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2012-05-21 at 02:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Doh, sorry, I thought Gensh was referring to the Empress >.>
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #456

Actually, I goofed there; it's Compass: Malfeas, p.93. While many of the details regarding her are left vague, and the sidebar on the following page more or less says her escape plan doesn't even matter if the ST doesn't want to include it, she's definitely in hell.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Quibble: Aspect Book: Earth flat out states it as well, and while the first edition book Exalted: The Dragon-Blooded did not technically flat-out state it, it basically flat-out stated it.

Anyway, back to Cytherea.

When I was designing her, I gave her not so much "more motes" than other Primordials as a large Overdrive pool that she could replenish by giving motes to other people, and which she could give to other people. So Cytherea's mote pool is no larger than another Primordial's when she works alone; it is only when her efforts ignite another person's goals and dreams that she turns into a mote reactor.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

I never suggested she wasn't in malfeas somewhere. I just refuse to accept an infinite plane of existence as specific enough to qualify as a location.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

9. - Top - End - #459

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I never suggested she wasn't in malfeas somewhere. I just refuse to accept an infinite plane of existence as specific enough to qualify as a location.
    Fair enough. I've seen others confused as to whether she was in hell or not, though, so I figured I'd comment. On that note, though, I'd really like to know more about Qaf, who apparently manages to be his own demiplane rather than an aspect of the Demon City.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Quibble: Aspect Book: Earth flat out states it as well, and while the first edition book Exalted: The Dragon-Blooded did not technically flat-out state it, it basically flat-out stated it.

But... this isn't first edition anymore.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-05-21 at 07:58 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post

But... this isn't first edition anymore.
    True, but there's quite a few people who say that the current writing staff/the current one at the time of RotSE nailed something down which had been left vague in First Edition. This is in fact incorrect. And, since fluff seems to have generally been ported over from one edition to another, it really wasn't that much of a leap to figure that she was in Malfeas.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

I had no idea she was in Malfeas until RotSE.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

And really, Her Redness is only in Malfeas if you want it to be. RotSE definitively states that it (the book) is not canon, just a possibility.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2012-05-21 at 10:01 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

I had no idea she was in Malfeas until RotSE.
    Really? I always remember that one comic with the sidereal and the Roseblack and the prophetic dream of the Empress returning with her husband. But there have been hints since as far as I've followed the line.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

There are other major hints. For instance, in Compass: Malfeas, they mention the ED upcoming wedding, and how his Bride is someone important in Creation, and the wedding house being built is apparently the exact same as the imperial palace.

Also, where did they establish that Lillin was her daughter? Cause, that right there's another hint.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Also, where did they establish that Lillin was her daughter? Cause, that right there's another hint.
    The glossary in Infernals.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    The glossary in Infernals.
    Infernals also did everything but plainly state the Empress was in Hell. Politically connected woman from the Blessed Isle that disappeared five years ago, known as the Scarlet Bride (Wedding Band of the Scarlet Bride, Artifact N/A)?
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holden
    Since the last thread was getting sort of bloated and crazy and hard to pull apart for information.

What? Yes, information. It appears that some of the information I shared previously was inaccurate and is in need of correction.

Specifically, where I said that Shards was going to be roughly on par with Compass: Autochthonia for size. This information turns out to be wrong. It's not.

It's the size of a Manual of Exalted Power.

For the first time since summer of in 2010, Exalted is getting a new hardback.

Let's celebrate this occasion with some preview material, shall we?

Ahem

Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

Daaaaaaang, I might just order the actual book rather than get the online PDF for this…..
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

...you know, I've been thinking.

And watching Asura's Wrath gameplay.

And I know everyone says Asura's a Slayer using IMS, and I grant you that...

But I think he'd very easily grow his own Devil-Tiger chain. Malfeas is about RAGE and Asura is about RAGE, but Malfeas is about OBEY ME WORMS as well, and Asura's never been about that.

So, yeah. I'm thinking of writing up an Asuran Devil-Tiger Excellency, possibly with a theme of giving into strong emotions, not just RAGE. I know the last line will be along the lines of 'This Excellency may never supplement a Prayer roll, or an action aimed at creating or enlarging a cult.'

Also:

Ascendancy Mantle of Asura
    Asura will not be prayed to, nor will he pray to anything. As such, this Charm blocks the Infernal from gaining any extra Essence or Willpower from the Cult Background. The Background still enables Charms with the Messianic Keyword, but that is the only benefit the Infernal gains from being worshiped.

----

Yes, that line was what convinced me Malfean Charms weren't enough for Asura. I was going to slip a bit about Ascendancy Mantle of Asura preventing the Infernal's prayer from benefiting others, but one being doesn't actually provide that much of a benefit, and it'd complicate the Charm a bit more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Don't forget the strong themes of Protection. I mean, the entire reason he rages is his daughter. Once she's safe, his wrath leaves, and he simply dissolved.

Probably should give some more bonuses while protecting an intimacy, with a limit condition related to seeing a positive intimacy destroyed.
    Satomi by Elagune

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Urge to Protect, maybe? Or Urge to Rescue?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Urge to Protect, maybe? Or Urge to Rescue?
    Protect. Remember when he goes completely berserk that time after Olga bombs the village? He really only does so after the person he was protecting got killed.
    Satomi by Elagune

25. - Top - End - #475
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Don't forget the strong themes of Protection. I mean, the entire reason he rages is his daughter. Once she's safe, his wrath leaves, and he simply dissolved.

Probably should give some more bonuses while protecting an intimacy, with a limit condition related to seeing a positive intimacy destroyed.
    Spoilers next time? Some of us haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

~

26. - Top - End - #476
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

But it's all on YouTube ?
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rikandur Azebol View Post
    But it's all on YouTube ?
    It is a GAME, not a movie. I hear it would make a perfectly good movie, but myself, I don't plan to watch a bit of it past the trailers until I can actually play it. It's just more spoilers WATCHING someone play a game, not the real experience!

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

I don't plan on ever playing it, so I don't care either way.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnar View Post
    It is a GAME, not a movie. I hear it would make a perfectly good movie, but myself, I don't plan to watch a bit of it past the trailers until I can actually play it. It's just more spoilers WATCHING someone play a game, not the real experience!
    I daresay this might be the buttonmashiest of all buttonmasher games. Being able to fast-forward through the longer sequences rather than being forced to play through them is a virtue for those whose thumbs are no longer in shape.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.