New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread X: Playground Cosmic Principle

Let's try Celestial Martial Arts now!

Spoiler
    Show

Scarlet Attack of Crystal
    Black Forests of North
    Ashen Stance of Temple
    Azure Dolphin of Daughter
    Silver Kingdom of Jade
    Vermillion Rainbow of Heart
    Quicksilver Ash of Method
    Amythest Ice of East
    Ebon Tomb of Venom
    Crimson Moon of Evasion
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

CMAs don't follow that naming pattern.

I can say that Vermillion Rainbow of Heart's capstone techniques requires six Exalted working together.

The only six to have sucessfully performed this technique:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #903
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    A question for you guys who've read more about Raksha charms than I have: if my E4 No Moon has an urgent need for a Chancel, how does she get one?

I can get to the Wyld pretty fast if I need to, and have Wyld-navigating Charms and good Occult. I have access to a severely weakened raksha who's been cooperative so far, if making it stronger (how?) would be the fastest route. I have some gossamer on hand and know the first four Charms of Quicksilver Hand of Dreams Style (no idea if this is relevant, I'm just listing off anything I can think of that might be pertinent).

Alternatively, is there anything in the Lunar (up to E4) or Solar (up to E3) charm trees, or sorcery up to Celestial Circle, that lets you make a safe place to hide someone, that you can access at will, without having to stay in it yourself?

(I... may or may not be facing the prospect of trying to deprogram/heal a completely insane GSP with an Urge directly opposed to my Motivation, while hiding from a full circle of angry E5 Solars, while working on my other projects (which are currently centered in... Greyfalls, dammit). Fortunately, the hostile circle in question has a lot of other things on their plate (like world conquest, sigh) and this will probably be a way down on their priority list.)
    By the book, the process is as follows:

* Create a Way Grace for someone. This costs 1 gossamer, and requires 4 Charms (to get Forging the Way Grace) and Staff 2, or Birth 4+ (and maybe a Charm).
    * Turn the Way Grace into a Chancel. This requires 3 gossamer, one extra Charm (Great Works of the Way), and Staff 4, Essence 3. It's a rather abrupt increase. It also takes time, on the order of multiple seasons.

Simple!

Of course, you want to do things in a more effective manner. So...

* There are poorly errataed Charms (Ring, mostly) which give you insane numbers of successes for creative non-combat Staff rolls, so you can probably cut the time down to one season if you have access to a suitably specialized Raksha.

* The fundamental tool for massively speeding things up is Soul Carving Artifice (Tier 2, Cup 2, text untouched by errata). This nigh-instantly gives you unlimited time for crafting things, but they only last for one scene.

If you can argue the deprogramming to be a single scene, your job is done. Otherwise, you'll need to resort to more extreme (or unreliable) methods.

Do you really need to spend time with your toy / captive / whatever? Because if they're inside a temporary Chancel created via Soul Carving Artifice when it ceases to exist, they get tossed into a random part of Pure Chaos - which should win you some breathing time.

* Find more Raksha. The instant you step into the Wyld with your Fair Folk ally, every Raksha within ~600 pseudo-miles in all directions will know you're there. Given enough gossamer, your Fair Folk pet can communicate and bargain with them.

Chancels are a type of traditional and barely customizable Grace Magic, so there must be plenty available for trade among the courts of the Raksha. Give them gossamer or interesting stories, and you're set.

Or you might want to explore alternate routes.

* Get an artifact box. Give it to your Fair Folk. They can now banish it to Elsewhere, and call it back, for 1 mote. Put your captive in the box. It (the box) may not even need to be an artifact.

* Find, barter for, or create one of the following 1-dot Adjurations, and get your prisoner to swear to it (requires giving them a Grace, for 1 gossamer. Maybe a Way Grace? A Staff Grace can be fun too, making them swear to their own selves)

Reformer's Promise

At times, the Fair Folk seek to discover what it is like to be one of the Creation-born. By swearing to the Promise, they commit themselves to a year or more of experiencing all that their chosen model feels, so as to better understand them.

Oddly enough, the Promise remains though few who have sworn to it are ever seen again.

1-dot Adjuration
    Assumption of the Person's Heart - one who has sworn the Promise will remain as a Wyld taint on their model for a year and a day.
    Surpassing Excellence - the being committed to the Promise gains extra skill (2 die specialty, stacking with existing specialties) at understanding and empathizing with the Motivation of the being it is bound to.

Oath of Captivity

When the Fair Folk catch a Creation-born who is too active, they often extract the Oath from the intruder. No sooner is it sworn, but the affected Creation-born (or Raksha) collapses into a miniature statue of himself, no larger than a fingernail. The consciousness of the affected being is spread over a wide area, and he becomes incapable of doing anything but feel what is taking place all around.

Most Fair Folk are kind, and ensure that their Oaths have simple escape clauses, such a the passing of time or common invocations. Others delight in requiring that a dozen red-haired maidens dance while denouncing the Unconquered Sun's virility before their captives are released.

1-dot Adjuration
    Assumption of the Land's Heart - anyone swearing to the Oath is affected as above. A typical Oath might be: "I shall steadfastly remain here until called for in the name of Zantiphon the third."

Teacher's Duty

When the Creation-born refuse to be reformed, the Duty of the Raksha is to educate them nonetheless. By swearing to this potent contriviance of the Wyld, the Fair Folk and their allies can become part of a recalcitrant being and seek to guide them from within.

1-dot Adjuration
    Assumption of the Person's Heart - unlike the other Adjurations described above, the Duty is used by yourself rather than your prospecive victim. You become a Wyld taint on them, remaining until your target dies or your Duty discharged, and gaining insight into the way they think and the ability to communicate with them.
    Surpassing Excellence - you become extremely good at convincing the being you are bound to.

Note that the Promise also allows those it affects to influence you, as the Duty lets you nudge them into more proper behavior.

* If you can't get the Grace Magic you need (and there are Oneiromantic and Behemoth options as well), remember that Soul Carving Artifice and Unshaped Works of the Grace let you instantly transform an existing piece of Grace Magic into what you want - as long as it's the same type (Adjuration into Adjuration, so no quick permanent Chancels this way).

Empowering your Raksha quickly can be difficult. What Caste is it? A Courtier would be ideal, as such has the potential to craft Grace Magic and warp time with Soul Carving Artifice. In any case, it needs xp. Or high (5) Birth and access to the Wyld, where it can slowly spawn custom minions to do what you want.

4. - Top - End - #904

GnomePirate

Sadly it looks like the Knack that gives me Graces is E5 and Wits 5, neither of which I have (and the ST is enforcing training times on Essence and Attributes) Obligatory grumble at Knack trees that jump around between different Attributes...
    ST doesn't let You stunt things to hasten the training ? Och. And please don't start the Knack discussion. I play Lunar too. And after learning first Knack according with the rules, I decided that doing things with Thaumaturgy and proper planning is less of a pain.

Is it the immunity to Shaping that's the problem re tattooed Lunars? If so, perhaps I could get the raksha to forge a Grace for a half-caste I trust - his mother is the GSP we're trying to save, so I'd have no objection to him controlling the chancel, and he's the one with a close relationship with the raksha anyway.
    Yes, that accursed Immunity to Shaping of body. My ST once surprised Lunar party with Raksha that did Shaping Combat to their minds ... And they were furious and removed the Tattoos:"For uselessness."

Truth to be told ANYONE can have Graces forged, even Your cat. Raksha in question have to know the Grace-forging Charm though.

But if You have Imbue Amalgam it is going to be ... ridiculously easy.

Once I have a Way grace, what's required to make the chancel? Time? Craft rolls? (sorry, but the Scroll of Errata doesn't have this information, and it's quicker to ask here than to trawl through GWM - I've never dealt with Grace magic before. Of course, feel free to tell me to just go read the book!)
    First, You need Charm that forges Grace into Chancel. Then You need Wyld-infused location where You can do Raksha-style Shaping stuff. Demenesne suffices if You lack access to the Wyld. Then You will need some time to craft the Grace ... unless Your Raksha friend suceeds in Wyld Stunting of at least 2d degree to do it instantly. That requires Middlemarches Wyld or Freehold, to even try such Wyld "Sorcery".

Question remains, for what purpose You need the Chancel (Your tone suggest urgency)?

Lastly You can, if You have charms that let You heal being Ravaged by Fair Folk, sell Your soul to Fair Folk for a Chancel. Probably the fastest route.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

Another topic:

Glorious Shotgun Princess.

Exalted/Mass Effect.

And it. Is. AWESOME.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-06-19 at 06:48 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey guys,

On your feedback to my charms
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the feedback on the charms, as for the style, my character is actually developing it in situ in the game with the idea that these are the first couple of charms, thus any changes or retcons can be explained by refining the style.

The poor formatting is just down to a quick copy paste I'm afraid it is proprely formatted in the googledocs

The idea behind the whole precognition is not actually reading the future and samsara, but linking into the loom of fate and being able to simulate future events enough from that knowledge - that's the idea with the fate keyword, the idea that it only works against creatures inside fate.

The comabat precognition bonus is the idea that the sidereal has a good enough idea of what you're about to do - anyone below her essence she can detect easily due to precision, she has no bonus against opponents who have the same essence to her, and the bonus gradually increases above that as higher essence users imprint their effects more clearly.

I'm mainly looking for cost feedback etc for those two charms as the GM wanted a second opinion before starting the game with them, and tweaking them according to feedback. The social keyword meant merely both charms could also be used in combat.

If you guys feel that it could potentially be broken feel free to suggest higher costs or additional limitations.

Also here's my thoughts on the differences between a Sidereal and a Solar doing direct combat as from Puella Madoka Magicka

A sidereal fighting.
    It's all about not as much the direct power of your moves but exploiting and piling bonus on bonus hoping to wear your opponent down and stack the deck

A solar fighting Flashy powerful attacks. Also this is what I assume a gun flurry stunt looks like in Exalted Modern.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Hee. There's a Charm in Shards based on that scene.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

There is?

Awesome. That is one of my favorite fights ever.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

It's Unlimited Bazooka Works, isn't it?

EDIT: Actually, the other move she pulls that's Charm-Worthy is the bit where she drives the truck while on top of it.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-06-19 at 05:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

The idea behind the whole precognition is not actually reading the future and samsara, but linking into the loom of fate and being able to simulate future events enough from that knowledge - that's the idea with the fate keyword, the idea that it only works against creatures inside fate.
    Not how the Fate Keyword actually works anymore.

And, well, you should put the flavor in the charms.

Not exactly sure about the Social keyword, either.
    The comabat precognition bonus is the idea that the sidereal has a good enough idea of what you're about to do - anyone below her essence she can detect easily due to precision, she has no bonus against opponents who have the same essence to her, and the bonus gradually increases above that as higher essence users imprint their effects more clearly.
    Thing is, it's too strong compared to other scene long dice adders.

If you guys feel that it could potentially be broken feel free to suggest higher costs or additional limitations.
    At the moment, it just doesn't really feel like a Sidereal Martial art: the name, the lack of flavor.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

11. - Top - End - #911
    Troll in the Playground

Is anyone familiar with the Ciaphas Cain novels? Looking for some help making a character.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

If Exalted Modern has a Gateway analogue that is a parody of Starcraft (and why wouldn't it?), I guarantee I'll be writing a Sidereal Martial Art.

For my Modern Vizier, Nine Days Plotting.

(Gods, I hope someone gets that joke.)

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    If Exalted Modern has a Gateway analogue that is a parody of Starcraft (and why wouldn't it?), I guarantee I'll be writing a Sidereal Martial Art.

Someone should write up the Terran and Protoss ships when Shards comes out.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Is anyone familiar with the Ciaphas Cain novels? Looking for some help making a character.
    I will knife-fight all comers for the position of biggest Ciaphas Cain fan on the forums, so yes.

Tyrian Hordes of Consumption style?
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    I will knife-fight all comers for the position of biggest Ciaphas Cain fan on the forums, so yes.
    Challenge accepted.

*pulls out las pistol*

*BLAM*

What, he said HE'D fight with a knife. Anyway, what's the character question?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Challenge accepted.

*pulls out las pistol*

*BLAM*

Looking to make a Zenith based on Cain, got a background in mind (Supposedly mortal soldier, rather than freakish luck and Jurgan's special talent, he's a Solar), but well, I'm still not great at crunch as a few people on here can attest to.

Using these house rules for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Heyo!

Alright, time for stuff.

Firstly, yes, Random, you can play. I'm going to put a limit at that, though.

Secondly, houserules!

1. You each get a free Ox-Body Technique for each point of Stamina you have. This does not count against the limit you can buy. It makes characters slightly more durable. I'm not sure how necessary it is, since 2.5 made the game significantly less accidentally lethal (and I've never ST'd before), but most of you are new, and I want you to at least think you've got a chance.

2. Crafting follows this houserule. It looks complicated, and it is, a little, but in my unbiased opinion I think it works better than the poor system we currently have in place. Don't worry too much about it, though. I'll explain it more in depth if we actually have a crafter. As for Craftsman Needs No Tools and other speed reducers, well, I'll think about it.

3. You can purchase any number of specialties, but only 3 can apply to any given die roll. Just don't abuse this by purchasing mutually exclusive specialties.

4. Essence 3 costs 2 bonus points at character creation. Yes, this is a significant discount.

5. You each start with 5 free Excellency charms that you qualify for. These only include the First, Second, and Third Excellency charms, not the other general charms building off of them. Excellencies are powerful, if mechanically boring, charms, and are required for a lot of things, so I'm giving you them for free so that you can buy more interesting stuff.

6. I shouldn't have to say this, but we are using the Scroll of Errata. This is very important, because Exalted went through a HUGE bit of errata recently (think D&D 3.0 to 3.5, only instead of rereleasing books, they just put it into the errata document). A lot of things got changed, from charm effects and costs, to equipment values, and even character creation. I cannot stress this enough. GET AND READ THE ERRATA. Most of the stuff that's relevant to you will be in the Solars and General sections.

7. If you want to be able to do something, and the rules don't quite cover it, ASK! I am perfectly willing to homebrew up something for you, and I do have access to most of the books.

Alright, as for the setting. I'm thinking of starting you guys off in Nexus, in the Scavenger Lands. Think Mos Eisely, but fantasy. I will try to have material for all the Directions eventually, but the Scavenger Lands is a great place to start a game. And feel free to add in places that aren't on the map. If you'll notice, the map that comes in the core book is two things: BIG, and EMPTY. I'll fill in some of the blanks, but you can too.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

Well, part of Cain's shtick is he's a freakishly good duelist, so picking up at least a melee excellency and a couple other charms from that would be good. Personality wise, I'd give him valor 1 (which, note, doesn't actually compel cowardly behavior barring some emotion effects), conviction primary, and Righteous Lion Defense (preservation of my reputation and/or hide). Take some presence and performance charms for his inspiring speeches and general morale effect. Respect Commanding Attitude and Heart compelling method would be good, backed on the Presence side by Hypnotic Tongue Technique and Irresistible Salesman spirit to represent his ability to smooth talk. Give him decent archery and war, though I'm not sure he needs any actual charms from those. You can buy an ally to represent Jurgen. Daiklave and Firewand are probably a decent stand in for a Chainsword and Lasgun. Give him some stealth to represent his ability to go to ground when things get tough (because how many times has he survived by hiding in the ducts and the like). Umm... Probably a dozen other things I'm forgetting.

I'd actually say Cain works better as an infernal (tremendous effectiveness but having a general theme of failure) but...
    Last edited by golentan; 2012-06-20 at 01:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

Challenge accepted.

*pulls out las pistol*

*BLAM*

"Jurgen"

:Noise of a Melta firing:

Well now, what you probably want is to focus on Melee, Integrity and Presence(though put some dots in performance). Virtues should be High Compassion+Conviction, reasonably low valor, low Temperance.

Attribute wise, get max Dex, high Manipulation, Low Charisma, and reasonably high Appearance. Mentally, probably average(2) Intelligence, and high Perception and Wits.

I know someone's put a Chainsword homebrew up: might be the Demented One before he joined up with White Wolf.

Need more advice?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    "Jurgen"

:Noise of a Melta firing:
    *You hear a bunch of Space Marines come storming in and shooting everything up*

*I walk a little behind them, lazily firing off a couple shots*

Yup, thats right Space Marines, lets fight em and whatnot, Jurgen, get me another cup of tanna….

20. - Top - End - #920
    Troll in the Playground

I'd actually say Cain works better as an infernal (tremendous effectiveness but having a general theme of failure) but...
    I'd have to say Cain is basically the opposite really. He's wildly successful, against all odds.

That's a pretty good description of every faction except the Imperial Guard though.

And I think I can put something together off of those, thanks a lot.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I'd have to say Cain is basically the opposite really. He's wildly successful, against all odds.

That's a pretty good description of every faction except the Imperial Guard though.

And I think I can put something together off of those, thanks a lot.
    Yeah, but he's wildly successful as a direct result of his personal failings. Green Sun Princes can accomplish tremendous things, and have colossal power and skill and all the other things associated with exalts. But they have these things because at some point in their past they screwed up so magnificently that hell itself sat up and took notice. Cain's career was launched by abandoning his post in the middle of a tyranid invasion, and while in the process of fleeing fleeing directly into the jaws of the people he was trying to escape.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #922
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, but he's wildly successful as a direct result of his personal failings. Green Sun Princes can accomplish tremendous things, and have colossal power and skill and all the other things associated with exalts. But they have these things because at some point in their past they screwed up so magnificently that hell itself sat up and took notice. Cain's career was launched by abandoning his post in the middle of a tyranid invasion, and while in the process of fleeing fleeing directly into the jaws of the people he was trying to escape.
    That was his first adventure. I'd have to say his career didn't launch until he lead a ragtag militia of civilians and part of a PDF squad across a continent infested with orks, and took out the Warboss in one on one combat.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

I'm thinking Ciaphas Cain is a Valor One Dragon-Blooded. Keep in mind- he is a hero, but he still mostly does things within the chain of command and relies upon the teamwork of the troops he leads. He may be able to take on things single-handedly like a warboss, a demon and such, but I'd say thats what Dragon-Blooded would be able to do anyways. He isn't really world-changing or anything, but he does a good job of defending what he values and fighting whatever he is assigned to fight against.

Most of his greatest acts have been tactical maneuvers taking place because he commanded troops on a large scale to defeat his enemies. Even when he was "alone" he has had Jurgen his aide to help him out. Furthermore he constantly makes sure he has resources and connections he can call upon to help him out.
    Ciaphas wouldn't be here today if he wasn't constantly making sure how reliable and loyal the people around him were and using their skills to their full effectiveness.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

This is awesome, and you are awesome.

I don't play any StarCraft, but I invariably find the Day9 Daily hilarious.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Thanks, meschlum and Rikandur! It turns out my ST was sufficiently entranced by the prospect of a Chancel that they're handwaving some of the requirements (in the sense of "I hadn't defined this raksha's capabilities and resources yet, so sure, we can make it work, at least if you're willing to trade them a few Virtue dots" - which is fine, since I know a Solar medic who'll do Wholeness-Restoring Meditations on request), but it's still good to know the official mechanics and there are some great ideas in there. Meschlum, thanks in particular for the Grace magic ideas, I may use some of those in the deprogramming attempt.

(And I do mean it when I say deprogramming/healing. The GSP in question used to be the Lunar's best friend, I've seen her use a Heretical charm, and the last thing she said to the Lunar before using Freedom Lets Go was "I won't let you fall with me". She's suffering from massive Charm-induced amnesia and torture-induced PTSD, but I'm hopeful there is actually a chance for a somewhat positive ending here.)

Rikandur, you asked what I needed it for, it's basically for somewhere to stash an Infernal in Sleeping Beauty mode when I'm doing things like crashing Dynast parties in Greyfalls. Meschlum's idea of the Elsewhere-box may also work (especially since Peaceful Repose Touch removes the need for the sleeper to breathe), but the chancel is more fun, and I can hide other people/things in there as well.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

26. - Top - End - #926

GnomePirate

I'm glad that my imput was of use for You, Ifni.

Also, Chancels contain Wyld inside ... around Middle-Marches strength, and have these floating entrances that might or might not be fun to watch out for. You can "fit" a mini-world inside, with a Raksha acting as a director-plumber-mainentancer, too.

The safest Your Chancel would be then is in the possession of an Raksha, who can keep it in Elsewhere for 1 uncommitted mote for as long as he/she/it lives. To make sure that said Raksha stays alive and within Your reach, ask it to make Assumption of Person's Heart on You and dispel it's other Assumptions. This way You'll have Your friend handy ("Look, look ... this gorgeous blonde is in reality a old guy named Chejop.") and if You wish for it can keep Your suspicious stuff in Elsewhere, too.

Of course it have it's drawbacks, as well as pros. Because both You and the Sleeping Beauty are going to be exposed to Wyld for prolonged time, and Your friend have this mind-alterations that might cause Wyld to produce nightmare-based beasties wanting a piece of Your friend or to go away and paint things red and noisy. Keep in mind that if You check often enough, and use some means to prevent Your friend from excessive mutating it will be all ok.

As for Your Wyld exposure, I meant it only IF Your friendly Raksha puts the AoPH on You. The precious Infernal will be more dangerously exposed thanks to what Chancels are inside. Also being on Your place I would check inside of the Chancel if it doesn't contain "Raksha wyld-bridges" that lead to somewhere in a domain of a bored Raksha Warlord.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Dwarf in the Playground

What do you think of White Veil Style? Is it one of the (few) usable TMA in Scroll of the Monk? If not, is there any rewrite/alternative you'd like to point me to?

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HerrTenko View Post
    What do you think of White Veil Style? Is it one of the (few) usable TMA in Scroll of the Monk? If not, is there any rewrite/alternative you'd like to point me to?
    Honestly, I've always considered it weak. Only mortals should really die to its upper level disease and poison Charms.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

Two questions for the good people of the thread:

1. Why does The Book of Ebony & Ivory artefact teach you the Piercing the Shroud spell? Door to the Dead seems much more logical to me, but maybe I'm missing something. Is there some special reason for being able to access the Labyrinth, but not the Underworld?

2. I happened across the homebrew spell Faster Than Time on the Exalted Wiki. It's a Solar Circle spell, and an ability that I've actually been looking for for an IRL character concept.

Sadly the character is a Lunar, so I'm wondering if you think it's power-appropriate for Solar Circle Sorcery, or if I'd be ok moving it down to Celestial Circle / replicating it through Charms in some way (I have no real frame of reference here so if that's a ludicrous idea then let me know).
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    1. Why does The Book of Ebony & Ivory artefact teach you the Piercing the Shroud spell? Door to the Dead seems much more logical to me, but maybe I'm missing something. Is there some special reason for being able to access the Labyrinth, but not the Underworld?
    Necromancy is more tied to the Labyrinth and the Neverborn than the Underworld as a whole. Or, that's what my justification would be. Not to familiar with necromancy or the like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    2. I happened across the homebrew spell Faster Than Time on the Exalted Wiki. It's a Solar Circle spell, and an ability that I've actually been looking for for an IRL character concept.

Sadly the character is a Lunar, so I'm wondering if you think it's power-appropriate for Solar Circle Sorcery, or if I'd be ok moving it down to Celestial Circle / replicating it through Charms in some way (I have no real frame of reference here so if that's a ludicrous idea then let me know).
    I'd say it would fit in as a Lunar charm. What specific parts do you want?
    Satomi by Elagune