New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread X: Playground Cosmic Principle

Where is the game at?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't set up the recruiting thread just yet, as I'm still hashing a few final details out with the remaining players. The game is set in the Scavenger Lands. Deathknights are trying to provoke a war between the Marukani and Nexus.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm always willing to play some. When and where is it?

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    I haven't set up the recruiting thread just yet, as I'm still hashing a few final details out with the remaining players. The game is set in the Scavenger Lands. Deathknights are trying to provoke a war between the Marukani and Nexus.
    So which side are we on?
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ettin in the Playground

Currently, they are trying to stop the war. Here's the IC threads if you'd like to find out more while you wait: Part 1, Part 2

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Firbolg in the Playground

Currently, they are trying to stop the war. Here's the IC threads if you'd like to find out more while you wait: Part 1, Part 2
    Wow, that's one long-running game.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Kyeudo, what are you looking for from a co-ST?

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Augus.

You know, I have a theory about him. Sure, his relentless pursuit of the things he wants is in tune with his Mantra Affinity, Greed, but his talk about how the Great Rebirth is silly, and his final words of "he who stands in the end... is rightous" makes me think that Augus was wiser than them all.
    Nah, I really don't see it that way. He follows the old "trial by combat". Philosophy. It's just that Asura was stronger, not anything else.

And, really, he doesn't seem that psychotically violent. For me, that was the other one: the next divinity to die.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Kyeudo, what are you looking for from a co-ST?
    I'm looking for someone to bounce ideas off of, to help run characters so that my NPCs don't all turn into clones of me, to handle some of the overhead for combat, and so on. It's been hard to keep to my at-least-once-a-week update schedule lately just because I get major writers block.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Titan in the Playground

I'd put myself forward as a co-st then. Do you want to talk over Instant messaging then?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ettin in the Playground

Odd question: What's the average word count for an Exalted hardcover like a MoEP?

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

Odd question: What's the average word count for an Exalted hardcover like a MoEP?
    Shards is somewhere around 130,000 words. So. Something like that.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

TDO, out of interest: how viable will Nanoha Takamachi be as a character in Space Opera?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    TDO, out of interest: how viable will Nanoha Takamachi be as a character in Space Opera?
    Not familiar with the character, sorry.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Aaaah. Hmmm. Bit difficult to explain her, other than the poster girl for Love Through Superior Firepower.

No, seriously. Practically every major character she's close friends with, she's fought and beaten in some way. Her adopted daughter, in particular, got blasted with multiple WMGs simultaneously (to remove an artifact from her adopted daughter, but still).

Anyway, can someone give me some help here? I would like to know how viable she'd be in Exalted: Modern or Space Opera.

EDIT: And let's be clear here: I don't want an exact rehash of her abilities. I'm talking about her general combat strategy.

And possibly some sort of Defeat Means Friendship Charm. Actually, would something like that be a Solar Charm, or something else?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-06-30 at 07:59 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Aaaah. Hmmm. Bit difficult to explain her, other than the poster girl for Love Through Superior Firepower.

No, seriously. Practically every major character she's close friends with, she's fought and beaten in some way. Her adopted daughter, in particular, got blasted with multiple WMGs simultaneously (to remove an artifact from her adopted daughter, but still).

Anyway, can someone give me some help here? I would like to know how viable she'd be in Exalted: Modern or Space Opera.

EDIT: And let's be clear here: I don't want an exact rehash of her abilities. I'm talking about her general combat strategy.

And possibly some sort of Defeat Means Friendship Charm. Actually, would something like that be a Solar Charm, or something else?
    Beating someone up until they like you sounds a lot more like Malfeas than Solar material.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Beating someone up until they like you sounds a lot more like Malfeas than Solar material.
    Sorry, Nanoha is too far into the Solar archetype to ever be an Infernal. She never gives up, never even thinks about fighting dirty, and believes the world is a good place full of good people. She also solves most problems with the proper application of superior firepower.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry, Nanoha is too far into the Solar archetype to ever be an Infernal. She never gives up, never even thinks about fighting dirty, and believes the world is a good place full of good people. She also solves most problems with the proper application of superior firepower.
    That is not what I said. I said that beating people up until they like you is a distinctly Malfean thing. As in, using Melee (Martial Arts, Archery, Throw, whatever) in a social situation. That is what Yozi charms do, pick the things you are good at and apply them to disparate situation. Solar charms don't do that stuff, they deal with things in the direct manner.

Granted, what I am describing cuts in the middleman. Namely, that I am pretty sure the referenced material actually involves something between "beat the crap out of people" and "they become your friends through UMI".
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

See, things like this sometimes makes me think we need something like Exalted, but without as much thematic restrictions so that we don't have people shooting down character concepts just because they don't fit into one archetype or the other. its freaking annoying.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, Nanoha only blows people through walls in combat. After they regain conciousness, they become friends (and maybe lovers).

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, Nanoha only blows people through walls in combat. After they regain conciousness, they become friends (and maybe lovers).
    Aye, in that case new charms are hardly necessary. Solars already have the far-reaching UMI they need to turn anyone into a friend/lover. In fact, that is exactly what Husband-Seducing Demon Stance is for, is it not?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

So, I'm just going to be shameless for a second and say that I've got a fan-PDF of a shard/alternate second age that I'd been working on a while ago. Comments and critiques are welcome as always; if you'd like to take a look at it, you can grab it from here.

22. - Top - End - #1102

...Raising Hearts To Perfection, Defiler caste?

Quote Originally Posted by GryffonDurime View Post
    So, I'm just going to be shameless for a second and say that I've got a fan-PDF of a shard/alternate second age that I'd been working on a while ago. Comments and critiques are welcome as always; if you'd like to take a look at it, you can grab it from here.
    Haven't had time to go over it throughly yet, but I quite like the concept, and the presentation is excellent.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2012-06-30 at 04:10 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

23. - Top - End - #1103

That's... not solar archetype at all.
    She never gives up
    That's just a character with high conviction, wp and integrity. Accessible by everyone.
    never even thinks about fighting dirty
    No splat endorses or condemns fighting fairly.
    believes the world is a good place full of good people
    Again, no splat endorses or condemns that mentality.
    She also solves most problems with the proper application of superior firepower.
    This works with any splat just as well.

Nanoha is a competent idealist. If there's any solariness in that character, it's in the "competent" part, not the "idealist" part.
    Last edited by Andreaz; 2012-06-30 at 04:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz View Post
    That's just a character with high conviction, wp and integrity.
    Infernals fail at least once. Abyssals died. Nanoha refuses to do either.

No splat endorses or condemns fighting fairly.
    Except for Abyssals and Infernals who favor the Ebon Dragon.

Again, no splat endorses or condemns that mentality.
    Really? The Abyssals aren't told the world deserves to die? The Infernals aren't told the world is in rebellion against its rightful masters?

Nanoha is a competent idealist. If there's any solariness in that character, it's in the "competent" part, not the "idealist" part.
    Sidereals work sideways. Lunars adapt. Solars just punch right on through. As a theme, overwhleming force belongs to Solars more than any other Exalt type, though all of them use it.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

And Slayers. Fighting fair is a part of honor. As a Slayer, they might not need to do their tricks any more, or might find them ineffective against their new opponents, but pre-exaltation, there's no way they wouldn't scoop some sand up and throw it in your face to get in a punch.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-06-30 at 08:20 PM.
    My Steam profile

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Titan in the Playground

Dragonblooded have Blinding Spark Distraction to make their opponents close their eyes for that critical blade exchange. And their tactics clearly endorse coming to the fight with superior numbers and ganging up on foes stronger than mortals.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Even though Shards is about to drop, anyone interested in some vanilla Exalted? My game of three and a half years is going to be looking for some new players and a Co-Storyteller.
    I'm interested.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

I thought of a crossover.

Resident Evil: Gem.

In Modern, a bunch of Abyssals who figured out how to make zombies with a contagious effect decided to take over Gem. Y'know, instead of the Alchemicals, or the Infernals, or the Solars...
    My Steam profile

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Even though Shards is about to drop, anyone interested in some vanilla Exalted? My game of three and a half years is going to be looking for some new players and a Co-Storyteller.
    I would be up for it.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

Part of a Splat =/= a splat.

Really? The Abyssals aren't told the world deserves to die? The Infernals aren't told the world is in rebellion against its rightful masters?
    Not necessarily true with Infernals. The demon, unlike the deathlord, can lie.

Also, I know for a fact that EarthScorpions has made a Nahona expy. I believe the original one was from the first age, complete with Raising heart. Which has now been turned into an infernal artifact, the Raging Heart.
    Satomi by Elagune