New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread X: Playground Cosmic Principle

Isn't it related to copper according to one charm?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Which charm is that?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

I don't remember. >_<
    It lets you make shoots grow from something, and specifies that orichalcum gives gold, moonsilver gives silver, starmetal gives copper...

I THINK it's an official charm, but I may be misremembering and it's actually homebrew or Nocturnal.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Barbarian in the Playground

That's not a charm. It's the Rod of Verdant Materials. 3-dot Artifact from Infernals. Here's the relevant text:
    Any inorganic solid may be affected by this power, even the magical materials. Orichalcum yields gold, moonsilver gives silver, starmetal grows copper, soulsteel offers iron, and jade sprouts jadeite.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Troll in the Playground

I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

6. - Top - End - #1266

GnomePirate

*Stares with utter surprise*

Ooo ... Ooo ... Ouch.

*faints*
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Dwarf in the Playground

Personally, I've long viewed Starmetal as being the dull color of wrought iron, occasionally shimmering with faint traces of the Maidens' colors. You know, a bit subtle-like, the way the Sids like it.

Fairly certain that's wrong, but I like it anyway. Associates to age, wealth, connections, and looks darn good if you use it right.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

Oho!

Shards spoilers:

Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like we have an actual name for the Empyreal Chaos now. I wonder if that's canon or just what he's called in the Gunstar Autochthonia setting?

Edit: Holy crap an Empyreal Chaos charm tree.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2012-07-11 at 12:10 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

9. - Top - End - #1269

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    I'm downloading it now. I ordered the hardcover too, since it was on sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Oho!

Shards spoilers:

Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like we have an actual name for the Empyreal Chaos now. I wonder if that's canon or just what he's called in the Gunstar Autochthonia setting?

Edit: Holy crap an Empyreal Chaos charm tree.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait what, I haven't gotten to that point. Should I skip ahead or keep reading the awesome that is Gunstar Autochthonia? Decisions, decisions.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

I'm either going to have to wait for it to ship, or hope I can get my computer back (and fixed) tomorrow and then download it. Well, I'm going to order the PDF+Hardcover anyway.

In the meantime, I will eagerly open all spoiler boxes.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-07-11 at 12:31 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

So I'm reading Gunstar Autochthonia and it strikes me that this Shard might actually be better for my campaign idea than Heaven's Reach (the Space Opera Shard). However I haven't gotten to that Shard yet so it could be even better for it I don't know. What I do know is that i definitely want to play in Gunstar Autochthonia.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait what, I haven't gotten to that point. Should I skip ahead or keep reading the awesome that is Gunstar Autochthonia? Decisions, decisions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The charm tree is in Gunstar Autochthonia
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

14. - Top - End - #1274

I really wish I knew what was going on here. I mean, from what I can glean of the preview, Gunstar Autochthonia is Battlestar Galactica but with Exalted or something along those lines, but the actual coding on that preview feature is so godawful I didn't actually read any more of it. And I can only assume oh so many Shards games are going to pop up any minute, so I'll probably grab Shards at the weekend or something.

EDIT: WAAAAAAAAAAIT

Gunstar Autochthonia means we get to find out what's above Creation doesn't it

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Last edited by Cyborg Mage; 2012-07-11 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The charm tree is in Gunstar Autochthonia
    Awesome Blossom! I'll just keep on keeping on then.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Mage View Post
    EDIT: WAAAAAAAAAAIT

Gunstar Autochthonia means we get to find out what's above Creation doesn't it

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Each of the Shards are about a radically different reality, so I don't think anything seen in Gunstar Autochthonia can be taken as canon to Vanilla Creation.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Troll in the Playground

Hm. To bother getting Shards or not, that is the question... My wallet is not up for a lot of jumps, and honestly I only care for half of the shards...

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Halfling in the Playground

{table=head]Player|ST?|Player?|1st Choice Exalted|2nd Choice Exalted|3rd Choice Exalted|Favoured Game Type?
    Snake obsidian|Maybe.|Yes, right now, please.|Lunar, Solar|Infernal, Abyssal|All the others.|Anything as long as it lasts.[/table]
    Last edited by snake obsidian; 2012-07-11 at 03:15 PM.
    New avatar by Dirtytabs! 20% better than expected!

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

Reading Shards now.

First reaction: D'aaaawwwwwwww...

(Just read page... 2)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Reading Shards now.

First reaction: D'aaaawwwwwwww...

(Just read page... 2)
    I had the exact same reaction.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

I have read Shards, and all of it is awesome.

Peace out main setting, I'm gonna be in Heaven's Reach, with an assault rifle wielding Solar hacker, or perhaps since Resonance is acceptable now, an Abyssal with an autoklave, or a Fiend with some sort of pistol….

also, have to come up with Homebrew Shard for Sovereigns to be playable...
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Firbolg in the Playground

Started to read through Shards, and damn Modern Alchemicals are awesome.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Troll in the Playground

Slowly reading around.

So, first reaction to Gunstar: "Man, poor Auto. Work to uplift humanity, help them when it all goes pear shaped, and get repaid by getting lobotomized and no longer having a say in the processes of your own body"

Secon reaction to Gunstar: "...wait, this is the exact Macross plot only slightly Exaltified. Hmmm... I think I can live with Exalted Macross"

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm liking Burn Legends, myself. Heaven's Reach is very interesting, though... I'm still thinking over what to make for Sanguine's Heaven's Reach game.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

Burn Legend doesn't really feel like Exalted to me.

I mean, it's still good, but with so much fluff changing, being set on Earth, and entirely different mechanics, it just seems like they snuck a new RPG into Shards.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Orc in the Playground

Well if anyone is planning on running a play by post game I'd love to play a solar in any of the shards or a Fire Aspect Ryuujinn in Burn Legend.

Note the listed character preferences are because I only own 2nd edition core, the scroll of errata and Shards.
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoc View Post
    Well if anyone is planning on running a play by post game I'd love to play a solar in any of the shards or a Fire Aspect Ryuujinn in Burn Legend.

Note the listed character preferences are because I only own 2nd edition core, the scroll of errata and Shards.
    I'll be running a game soon. It will be set in either Heaven's Reach or Gunstar Autochthonia. I'll have to finish reading both before I decide which fits better.

28. - Top - End - #1288

GnomePirate

Conclusion ? Gunstar Autobot shouldn't even bother with uplifting humanity and just blow himself up. Always getting the worst deal from best intentions seems to be his lot.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

My preference is for Heaven's Reach because Firearm Charms.

But I could fit some of my ideas into Gunstar Auto-Kun.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

One could also add guns to that setting. It's not like too much is built on another assumption.

I do like how the Empress fits into the Gunstar.
    Satomi by Elagune