New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Nexus Contractors Union

"Well, you still haveta choose yer flooring material, but I've got a good idea of what you need. There's hardwood, softwood, brick, stone, shag carpet, and hoverglass, on top of all the esoteric stuff we sometimes order too much of."

Like the constantly heated flows of rainbow lava they have lying around. Not really safe for kids though.

"Should be plenty of room on the top of whatever hill you pick out for a garden, but you'll wanna check with the diggers beforehand and tell them how deep the roots reach. We'll dig the rooms deeper down than that, just do you don't have anything poking through yer ceilings." That would be bad, for many structural integrity related reasons.

"And I know natural light is probably a big thing for youse folks, so if I can suggest something here, gimme a sec..." The foreman drags out a fresh sheet of drafting paper and sketches something out with a ruler in one hand and a pencil in the other. Once he's done, he shows the sketch of what looks to be a parascope to the couple.

"This'd be one've yer windows, if you like the design. The mirrors here and here will letcha see whatever's going on up on top of the hill, and when you open up the pane of glass at the bottom the whole thing doubles as a vent. Can add in a hinge up top that you could close from the bottom if you'd like, just in case you don't want things peeping into your rooms." He draws a quick circle where the hinge would be. It's somewhat hard to visualize, but the top end of the vent would close shut and be almost invisible, if it had a bit of sod covering it up while closed.

"Could have one in every bedroom if you'd like, and a few of the other rooms if taking chunks out of the available space fer yer garden isn't an issue."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #542

[Stealin' Stuff!]

A tiny bandit!

That sure does sound terribly serious!

Who could possibly be brave and selfless enough to save the day?

Certainly not that guy in the mufti-layered nomad outfit with the shiny glass sword munching on a kabob he just bought! Nope! Way too busy eating that kabob.

Doesn't even so much as look at the tiny creature.

Not even a glance!

It would probably have to bug the Wanderer to get his attention.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Upon closer inspection, the tiny bandit has six tiny segmented legs that support a roughly ovoid body that is flat on the bottom and with a curved dome on top made of a hard material. It's eyes protrude from a small head at the from of the body and the little thing is scuttling in a decisively buggish manner. A misshapen lumpy buggish manner, at least. It rounds the corner into an alley way.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

((So sorry on all the delays here. If I missed posts poke me with links and I'll retconjure them))

[Demon Queen and Shrike's plot]

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Demon Queen isn't exactly out in the open, but she's positioned so she can watch what's going on. Not easy to see, but somebody who's looking could find her. However, there's a good chance they wouldn't find Shrike, who seems to be letting Demon Queen do all the watching.

We got a few people gathered in front of the place. Nothing happening yet. She moves out of sight and turns to look at Shrike. What do you wanna do from here? Try and sneak in the back?
    "Sounds like a reasonable enough plan, if direct. Sure they didn't see you?" Shrike asks, raising an eyebrow.

[Shadowside]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

Assuming that Winguardia is at the rendezvous point, Mayhala and Ryhan are likely there as well. Though not in the normal world, at least in the case of the shadow mage.

If they are, Mayhala is watching the scene unfold from a vantage point on the roof of the Shadowside version of the house, the shadows inside the fence likely proving no impediment at all to her vision.
    Rhyan is very likely right there with her.
    Looking uncharacteristally nervous, and eager to get out of the strange Shadowside lands!

[Soul Quest]

[spoiler]
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Market Street]

"We're going to the Market. Betcha anything my soul is for sale somewhere there. Better be outside our price range."

It's worth more than they can afford, dang it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Sallianne and Pearl are indeed there. Sallianne is following along grumpily. It is almost as if this group has no respect for me. I didn't even want to be here, helping this soulless catgirl. But here I am, doing what the Goddess Neirian demands, like a good little devotee. There are more important things to do that help some non-believer find her stupid soul. she thinks to herself.

Pearl on the other hand is happily following along. She not paying too much attention to where they are going, looking instead at all the interesting people and strange shops. Her eyes are as big as saucers as she tries to take it all in.

And the group as a whole is heading toward the main market and then.... the midday rush begins. Irene's souldar may become fuzzy as the crowd grows.
    [Soul Quest]

"Hmm... well... this I th... no. Ummm... this way? Errr..."
    Irene peers around.

"Maybe we should come back when its not so crowded?" Whenever that is. Might be never.
    [/quote]

Mikani, needless to say, is keeping a close eye on Pearl so she doesn't get into trouble!
    "But if we do that, we might lose track of it. Or somebody might buy it and destroy it," the Magical Girl points out.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I don't think this place ever gets not crowded, Sophie remarks. Maybe we should try getting somewhere higher up, so we're above the crowd?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Soul Quest]

Mikani, needless to say, is keeping a close eye on Pearl so she doesn't get into trouble!
    "But if we do that, we might lose track of it. Or somebody might buy it and destroy it," the Magical Girl points out.
    [Soul Quest]

"If someone buys it, it'll be easier to find. I don't think it can be destroyed..." Someone already tried that, remember?

"But that's actually a really good idea Sophie. Let's do that." She wishes she had thought of it.
    Irene looks around for a good vantage point and starts heading in that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Lots of hope Hospital]

Harnel, unless asked to stay outside, will stay as close to Cessie as possible to give her support and the like. If he's not allowed, he'll pace worriedly outside the door and keep mental contact with her, doing his best to make sure that she's alright

Beyond that, we can probably timeskip right to the end of the birth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lots of hope Hospital]

Indeed, we should wait for Adir and Sakura to arrive to the hospital however. Harnel and Cessie should be in some delivery room in the hospital I suppose. The sorceress seems to have been subdued a bit with painkillers but is still obviously in pain, gasping for air from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Lots of Hope Hospital

Adir and Sakura roll up in short order. Adir turns off the hovercraft and hops out to unfold Laela's stroller. Once they've got Laela set, they presumably make their way inside and approach the receptionist.

"Uh, hey, did a red scaly-looking guy come in here with his pregnant wife? They're friends of ours."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

Inside they go! Sakura can't help but look very eager. She's worried for her friend too, but excitement and pure optimism almost completely smother that.
    Harnel will be allowed in the room, and can even sit right next to the bed and hold Cessie's hand. One of the rocketfairies takes particular note of him, flitting about and looking him over.

Cessie will get very good medical care... but maybe not the care she really wants. The doctors will do what they know is best for her, not necessarily what she wants them to do. However, they will be there to do the things that doctors do to help a mother in labor, like breathing exercises.

Adir and Sakura will have to wait in the waiting room, but Harnel and Cessie will be told that they are waiting. Rocket fairies are nearby, most of them flit in and out of the room as if on errands but one seems very interested in Sakura's hair. It might be noticed that they specifically avoid Laela.

7. - Top - End - #547

Generic Street

Orphaned children. With kittens. And just when he'd finally managed to evade the ghouls. Hell, in all probability the kittens are orphans too! If Dwayne wasn't already sure the gods had it out for him, well, this would surely convince him.

"Hey, uh, you foul beasts! I'm over here!" He shouts, grabbing an empty beer bottle abandoned upon the stairwell and lobbing it in the general direction of the wights. Hopefully that will get their attention.

Murder Scene

"Jeez." What a scene to stumble onto at seven in the morning. What a simply lovely start to what would no doubt be an absolutely lovely day.

Averting his eyes and trying not to lose what little he'd eaten, Ray let the dumpster's lid slam shut on the gory tableau within.

The fact that the alley was practically dripping with blood really should have been a hint, in retrospect. As bad as the robberies were getting in this **** part of town, normal muggers usually didn't write all over the damn walls to brag about it.

"More will come, huh?" Sounds... mysterious. A tad more grisly than the runaway and missing family heirloom cases he usually deals with, but definitely a mystery in need of solving... Especially if this nutcase is planning on burying all his victim's in Ray's trash. That's just not gonna stand.

Deciding to put off rummaging through the garbage for dismembered bits n' pieces for as long as he can, Ray starts looking around the alleyway for any sign of what kinda nutcase is on the loose, paying particular attention to the bloodstains. According to some of his friends with actual detective licenses, you can learn all sorts of stuff about a case just from the bloodstains.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

[Arkham Street Hospital]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    The faceless corpse keels over when poked. The inky void oozing orange goop seems to have vanished, revealing nothing more than an empty open skull. Seems the thing is well and truly dead.

Freddy shakes his head. "No. Whatever that other thing is I think it's down in the basement. I've been avoiding any passages that lead down there just in case."

SUDDENLY!

There comes a crackling sound like a cross between a thunderclap and shattering glass as a wailing specter is drawn out of the cadaver, arcs across the room, and is swallowed up by the strange skull-like sigil carved into the opposite wall of the cafeteria.

The rather loud noise causes the Huldra to jump!

"Gah! What was that?"
    Vidalia jumps away fro the wailing spectre, covering her ears and not wishing to lose her head. After the noise dies down, she looks toward the opposite wall. I'm not sure. I don't usually deal with the supernatural.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    As the sound that so frightened Freddy fades away, another, smaller sound timidly pokes into the air. It's quiet, but it can't be that far away. In fact, it almost seems to be coming from the kitchen adjoined to the cafeteria.

Low and pathetic, a soft mewl tiptoes through the air, and is followed by two more.
    Vidalia i son guard, and hearing the softer noise, turns in it's direction, ready to defend herself, if she can. Do you hear that? she aks the Huldra quietly.

[Soul Quest]

Good thing too. Because Pearl starts to wander toward one of the martet stalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I don't think this place ever gets not crowded, Sophie remarks. Maybe we should try getting somewhere higher up, so we're above the crowd?
    "If someone buys it, it'll be easier to find. I don't think it can be destroyed..." Someone already tried that, remember?

"But that's actually a really good idea Sophie. Let's do that." She wishes she had thought of it.
    Irene looks around for a good vantage point and starts heading in that direction.
    There are some stairs that may lead to an upper balcony.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

9. - Top - End - #549

Theater Plot

Fade just listens to the device. From his shadow place he has a good view on the show, but he doesn't answer. He will give them a signal when it is time. And Fade doesn't know which button is for sending.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #550

[Thievery!]

So...

There's a weird bug thing skittering off into a side street carrying money? Well! That seems like a pretty easy way to get some extra coin! After finishing off his kabob the Wanderer decides to investigate this issue further! After that bug!

[Generic Street]

Yelling and bottles are an effective way to get the attention of nasty Wights! The vile creatures turn their attention away from the poor innocent cowering kitten-burdened children and come snarling back toward our erstwhile hero!

...they seem to be having trouble figuring out how to navigate the fire escape, though. Gosh are these things ever dumb as mud.

[Arkham Hospital]

Freddy nods in reply. "Sounds kind of like... a cat?"

His reply is... hesitant. It might be an actual cat. Or it might be some sort of freakish ghoul again. And so far everything that Freddy has encountered in this hospital has been dead, undead, or an onion.

"Should probably go check. Just... carefully..."

Into the kitchen!

11. - Top - End - #551

Arkham Hospital

The soft, pathetic mewling continues, leading the pair into the kitchen. The room is in a similar state of decay. There's signs of fire around a stove, but the ashes are long since cold. Dust coats everything. The various electronics are cold, unpowered and untouched.
    Might not want to see what's in the fridge.

On the far side of the wall are a line of cupboards, above the filthy counter. Each of them are closed, put there's paw prints on some of them, left behind in the dust and dirt. The mewling continues, and seems to be coming from one of the cupboards.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

{Arkham Street Hospital}

Vidalia carefull tiptoes to the cupboard and slowly opens it up, ready to defend herself. But knowing it may be a kitten, she decides to not react violently. Heeeere, kitteh, kitteh, kitteh.

13. - Top - End - #553

[Arkham Street Hospital]

Freddy really has no idea what any of these appliances are. Mostly due to his ye olde background. He figures that they must be machines that have something to do with food preparation... but it's pretty clear that they're pretty well busted.

He shall likewise head toward the mewing sounds!

Though first?

He'll check inside the fridge.

No Freddy!

Don't do it!

14. - Top - End - #554

Arkham Hospital

The fridge is a large model, the kind so big it needs two doors. It takes a bit of effort to get the rusted hinges open, and when Freddy does...
    Oh dear.

The fridge is, at this point, a house for a giant rectangle of mold. Green mold, blue mold, purple mold, white mold! Little brown mushrooms! There's dry mold, there's wet mold, there's mold that releases little spores in the air that drift down to cover Freddy's fur.
    It also smells really bad.

The cupboards are opened, too! The first few reveal nothing but ancient boxes of dry food, or plastic plates and glasses. As Vidalia speaks, though, the mewling comes to a sudden stop. As she opens a fourth, she'll discover a small, furry little thing curled up on itself and shivering. The blue-furred kitten lifts a head, looking at Vidalia with big, green eyes. It scrambles to its feet, backing away from Vidalia until it backs up against the wall. Puffing up its dirty, tangled fur, it opens its mouth in a quiet hiss.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

{Arkham Asylum Hospital}

Awww. Aren't you just the cutest ball of fluff. Vidalia reaches a tentacle up slowly and wiggles it, hopefully enticingly. She's ready for the claws to hurt.

If/when the kitten attacks, she'll try to wrap it up, and pull the furball close. I think I've found a lost ittle kitten.

16. - Top - End - #556

[Arkham Street Hospital]

Freddy sneezes.

It's one of those silly sounding dog sneezes!

*pfFFTT!*

After having his senses assaulted by the refrigerator fungus he'll attempt to quickly shut the doors again. Hopefully the spongy mass of decay hasn't expanded upon having the door opened because otherwise he'll probably never manage to cram it shut again!

Whilst in the midst of this very difficult task he calls over to Vidalia, "Hey! What did you find over there?"

Probably a cat.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Quest]

Irene goes to float up the steps to the upper balcony and look down at the crowd from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #558

Arkham Hospital

It takes a bit of effort, but Freddy manages to wrestle the fridge doors closed. Well, mostly closed. There's no way he's going to close the whole thing back up again, at least not without the help of a pressure washer. Or fire.

Pressed up against the wall, the kitten's big eyes track Vidalia's tendril cautiously. It glances from Vidalia to the tentacle a few times, before slowly extending a paw to timidly bat at it.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

19. - Top - End - #559

[Arkham Hospital]

There's totally an Arkham Asylum 'round somewhere. Though it may or may not have any Batman villains in it.

Anywho!

Yes. Fire or a pressure washer. Or maybe a pressure washer that sprays lighter fluid that's on fire. One of those things.

Freddy has fire!

But he's not altogether sure setting the mushrooms alight would be wise.

"A lost kitten? In here? Really?" Freddy replies. "Weird. I wonder what it's doing in here. I don't think any of the food that's left is fit for anything to eat."

Especially the food in the fridge.

20. - Top - End - #560

((So sorry on all the delays here. If I missed posts poke me with links and I'll retconjure them))

[Demon Queen and Shrike's plot]

"Sounds like a reasonable enough plan, if direct. Sure they didn't see you?" Shrike asks, raising an eyebrow.
    ((That's okay. I'll just charge you later. ))

Demon Queen nods. Yeah. Pretty sure, anyway. Besides, they look like they're too focused on whatever they're doing to care about us.

So, get the bystanders out first. Then we sort out everything from there.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

21. - Top - End - #561

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Generic Street]

Yelling and bottles are an effective way to get the attention of nasty Wights! The vile creatures turn their attention away from the poor innocent cowering kitten-burdened children and come snarling back toward our erstwhile hero!

...they seem to be having trouble figuring out how to navigate the fire escape, though. Gosh are these things ever dumb as mud.
    Well, gee, this would really be a good time to have, say, a gun. That way he could just shoot the damn things while they're busy with the stairs. But nope! A fancy magic sword would be 'more heroic'.

Pausing for a short second to kick himself over that little gem of wisdom, Dwayne charges downstairs towards the first of the sights, trying to run it through and maybe even send it toppling back towards it's companions.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Theater Plot

Fade just listens to the device. From his shadow place he has a good view on the show, but he doesn't answer. He will give them a signal when it is time. And Fade doesn't know which button is for sending.
    There's only one button on the whole device, which doubles as a knob to switch off the earpiece.

"He received," Teq assures Jane, though he worries that Fade hasn't actually heard his message. No way to tell from here, after all. Best to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Nexus Contractors Union

"Well, you still haveta choose yer flooring material, but I've got a good idea of what you need. There's hardwood, softwood, brick, stone, shag carpet, and hoverglass, on top of all the esoteric stuff we sometimes order too much of."

Like the constantly heated flows of rainbow lava they have lying around. Not really safe for kids though.

"Should be plenty of room on the top of whatever hill you pick out for a garden, but you'll wanna check with the diggers beforehand and tell them how deep the roots reach. We'll dig the rooms deeper down than that, just do you don't have anything poking through yer ceilings." That would be bad, for many structural integrity related reasons.

"And I know natural light is probably a big thing for youse folks, so if I can suggest something here, gimme a sec..." The foreman drags out a fresh sheet of drafting paper and sketches something out with a ruler in one hand and a pencil in the other. Once he's done, he shows the sketch of what looks to be a parascope to the couple.

"This'd be one've yer windows, if you like the design. The mirrors here and here will letcha see whatever's going on up on top of the hill, and when you open up the pane of glass at the bottom the whole thing doubles as a vent. Can add in a hinge up top that you could close from the bottom if you'd like, just in case you don't want things peeping into your rooms." He draws a quick circle where the hinge would be. It's somewhat hard to visualize, but the top end of the vent would close shut and be almost invisible, if it had a bit of sod covering it up while closed.

"Could have one in every bedroom if you'd like, and a few of the other rooms if taking chunks out of the available space fer yer garden isn't an issue."
    "How about shag carpet over stone or wood?" Adir suggests. He likes the feel of cool stone beneath his feet. Although with that geothermal heating, it might be warm stone at times. "If you've got any other soft flooring, I'd love to hear about it. Good for Laela once she starts walking."

Then the discussion on windows! "Um, yeah, if we're gonna do that, we should have a hatch on all the vents." Adir seems impressed by the foreman's ability to sketch so quickly. "Oh, is there any chance of setting up one room for a hot tub?" The stag isn't sure if the foreman is the man to ask, but it seems like a good time. That geothermal heating made him think of hotsprings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Harnel will be allowed in the room, and can even sit right next to the bed and hold Cessie's hand. One of the rocketfairies takes particular note of him, flitting about and looking him over.

Cessie will get very good medical care... but maybe not the care she really wants. The doctors will do what they know is best for her, not necessarily what she wants them to do. However, they will be there to do the things that doctors do to help a mother in labor, like breathing exercises.

Adir and Sakura will have to wait in the waiting room, but Harnel and Cessie will be told that they are waiting. Rocket fairies are nearby, most of them flit in and out of the room as if on errands but one seems very interested in Sakura's hair. It might be noticed that they specifically avoid Laela.
    Adir sits in the waiting room, then, and watches the fairies flit about nervously. He's worried for Cessie - he can't imagine what this must be like. There is also an uncomfortable amount of guilt mixed in: how could Sakura have felt, even with Harnel there to deliver the baby?
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-30 at 01:16 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nexus Contractors Union]

"The carpet over stone sounds good to me." That's good Adir was thinking about Laela walking. It never even occurred to Sakura.

The dryad peers curiously at the sketching. The explanation leaves her at a bit of a loss. "So basically we get some kind of windows? I don't mind losing garden space for that."

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Sakura is mostly focused on keeping Laela entertained while they wait. She's produced a floppy eared plush bunny which has brought a smile to the baby fey's face. Her attention does get directed elsewhere from time to time, however, and one time she notices the one fairy's attention on her and offers a little wave.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alley (Somehow) Near DFI]

Talia laughs softly, an undertone of barely-hidden madness permeating her amusement, though she offers no comment on just what she finds funny, nor is it particularly obvious from her body language. "I can offer a building for us to use... Though, if you insist on it being abandoned, I'm afraid it won't work. But the people there won't cause trouble for us, and it is a nice place."

25. - Top - End - #565

Nexus Contractors Union

"Hot tubs we can do. Can probably redirect some of the in floor heating to the tub when you want to, save a bundle on heating the damn thing, but it'll mean you'll haveta keep another room or two cold while it's in use. Shouldn't be too much trouble, except maybe in winter if yer holding a party." The foreman scratches the side of his nose thoughtfully.

"Is there anything else? Boys should be able to get all that done in the underside of a week. Gotta keep them occupied yannow?"

((The exact placement and size of the rooms, as well as the purchase of the hill from a real estate agent, can probably be safely handled offscreen.))
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    The flare rolls onto the deck behind her, backlighting her form as she springs up onto the deck's railing. The flickering lights and shadows of the flair are just what the half-vampire needs. Her black clothing absorbs the light, making her body a blop of darkness that seems to devour the light while her obsidian black wings reflect the light, bouncing it in many directions, making her look even more intimidating than her normally fear-inducing form. There is a hiss as she cusses in her native tongue at the sight of how far away Dragan is. She will have to spread her great wings to swoop down on him.

With a grunt of pain she unfurls the huge appendages. Just as Dragan turns away in response to the noose she dives at him, aiming to wrench the gun from his hands and pile-drive him into the ground. She still thinks it is loaded with glop rounds, and she has a plan for the gooey projectiles.
    Dragan would be in hot water now... if the rest of his squad hadn't just shown up. They all activate flashlights, directing them at the area the scrap is taking place in.
    Immediately after the half-vampire takes flight, one of the soldiers that just teleported in raises an assault rifle and fires a short burst at her wings, while Dragan turns around to face her - too slowly and she'll get to him if the bullets don't stop her.
    The rest of the squad - five people arrived via the teleport and now Anatolij is there as well - turn their attention to the mysterious attacker from the shadows. The combat priest raises a nasty-looking warhammer and utters a prayer in some strange language, which causes a cloud of bright, yet heatless, flame erupt from the hammer and sear through the yard, trying to remove all illusions and reveal all that is hidden.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post

Murder Scene

"Jeez." What a scene to stumble onto at seven in the morning. What a simply lovely start to what would no doubt be an absolutely lovely day.

Averting his eyes and trying not to lose what little he'd eaten, Ray let the dumpster's lid slam shut on the gory tableau within.

The fact that the alley was practically dripping with blood really should have been a hint, in retrospect. As bad as the robberies were getting in this **** part of town, normal muggers usually didn't write all over the damn walls to brag about it.

"More will come, huh?" Sounds... mysterious. A tad more grisly than the runaway and missing family heirloom cases he usually deals with, but definitely a mystery in need of solving... Especially if this nutcase is planning on burying all his victim's in Ray's trash. That's just not gonna stand.

Deciding to put off rummaging through the garbage for dismembered bits n' pieces for as long as he can, Ray starts looking around the alleyway for any sign of what kinda nutcase is on the loose, paying particular attention to the bloodstains. According to some of his friends with actual detective licenses, you can learn all sorts of stuff about a case just from the bloodstains.
    The alley is rather uninteresting save for some grisly blood splatters on the floor. He'll find a hatchet left behind on the floor, along with thee woman's valuables. The murderer must have searched her corpse before chopping her up...and then leaving her valuables? Weird. There's a small sack of gold, a wallet, and a little wrapped up package. The blood on the wall has dried a bit, leaving it a dull maroon color. It's obvious she was cut up on the very floor of the alley, but most of the blood is missing. Almost like a vampire came in after and licked the ground dry. The bloddy hatchet leans against the dumpster inncently.

28. - Top - End - #568

[Some Random Street in inside.]

It's late at night and the street is empty, as it's far too late for anyone to be out...
    Oh, looks like someone's still awake.
    A red hooded person slowly walks there, almost falling with every step they take. One would think they're just drunk, unless they looked at the ground and saw the trail of blood the person is leaving behind, smeared out by the red hooded cloak.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

29. - Top - End - #569

Murder Scene

Huh, yeah. Didn't even take the valuables? Definitely something fishy going on around here. Hell, even if the murderer wasn't after money you'd think he'd have taken the wallet to stop the victim being identified by her ID card, seeing as he already went to some trouble mutilating the body past recognition.

Of course, all this stuff would be useless as evidence if Ray couldn't prove it was actually found at the scene of the crime, so he quickly darts back into the house to retrieve a few things. A minute later he's back, with gloves, a camera, an empty jar and a roll of duct tape.

First off he begins taking photos of the scene, lots of 'em from all different angles, making sure to include the heap of valuable, the blood smeared on the alley floor and the dumpster, and that weird writing on the wall. Next up he puts on the gloves, setting the camera aside as he tries to use his pocket knife to scrape some of the blood off the walls and into the jar. DNA testing was unlikely to turn up anything useful in a place as unorganized as the Nexus, but hey, still worth a shot.

And as a final precaution, he tries to use the tape to mark out the outline of the discarded wallet, package and sack of coins, as well as the bloody hatchet. There. Looks damn official now, all it needs is a cordon of that yellow 'do not cross' tape and it could be a scene straight out of CSI: Riverside.

Having ensured he's probably not gonna destroy vital evidence by moving stuff around now, Ray begins to actually examine the items in question. He'll start with the wallet, picking it up off the ground and flipping through it, looking for anything that could ID the corpse.... Like, say, an ID.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-04-30 at 11:15 AM.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

Murder Scene

Ray will be bale to do all of that! The blood sample is taken and everything is marked. Inside the wallet is an I.D! A card with her name and Nexus Passport. (If there is one...There is for this scene at least. ) Her name was Helga Strombage. She was twenty-two. Other than that, there's not much else in the wallet save for some lint and coins. She was either poor, or didn't feel like bringing money wherever she was going. The package might contain more information should Ray unwrap it.