New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Murder Scene

Well, the name's something. Sounds vaguely dwarvish. Might even help him find some relatives who'd be willing to shell out cash to have the culprit brought to justice.

Tucking the card back into the wallet and pocketing both, Ray moves on to the package, examine the outer layer first. If it's as unexceptional as I suspect they are and there's no secret code or something inscribed on the outside, he'll proceed to unwrap whatever it is and examine that.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

Arkham Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    It takes a bit of effort, but Freddy manages to wrestle the fridge doors closed. Well, mostly closed. There's no way he's going to close the whole thing back up again, at least not without the help of a pressure washer. Or fire.

Pressed up against the wall, the kitten's big eyes track Vidalia's tendril cautiously. It glances from Vidalia to the tentacle a few times, before slowly extending a paw to timidly bat at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    There's totally an Arkham Asylum 'round somewhere. Though it may or may not have any Batman villains in it.

Anywho!

Yes. Fire or a pressure washer. Or maybe a pressure washer that sprays lighter fluid that's on fire. One of those things.

Freddy has fire!

But he's not altogether sure setting the mushrooms alight would be wise.

"A lost kitten? In here? Really?" Freddy replies. "Weird. I wonder what it's doing in here. I don't think any of the food that's left is fit for anything to eat."

Especially the food in the fridge.
    Vidalia lets the kitten bat at her tentacle a couple times, then moves it to just out of the kittens reach. I think I see some dry food up here. Maybe it's been living on that? Vidalia says quietly, trying not to startle the kitten.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #573
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Nexus Contractors Union

"Hot tubs we can do. Can probably redirect some of the in floor heating to the tub when you want to, save a bundle on heating the damn thing, but it'll mean you'll haveta keep another room or two cold while it's in use. Shouldn't be too much trouble, except maybe in winter if yer holding a party." The foreman scratches the side of his nose thoughtfully.

"Is there anything else? Boys should be able to get all that done in the underside of a week. Gotta keep them occupied yannow?"

((The exact placement and size of the rooms, as well as the purchase of the hill from a real estate agent, can probably be safely handled offscreen.))
    "Oh, uh, how about a fireplace in the living room?" Adir suggests, only remembering a few seconds later just how much Sakura hates fire. Oh well, he already said it, and he would like a fireplace. Might be useful if they're redirecting heat for, say, a hot tub.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Nexus Contractors Union]

"The carpet over stone sounds good to me." That's good Adir was thinking about Laela walking. It never even occurred to Sakura.

The dryad peers curiously at the sketching. The explanation leaves her at a bit of a loss. "So basically we get some kind of windows? I don't mind losing garden space for that."

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Sakura is mostly focused on keeping Laela entertained while they wait. She's produced a floppy eared plush bunny which has brought a smile to the baby fey's face. Her attention does get directed elsewhere from time to time, however, and one time she notices the one fairy's attention on her and offers a little wave.
    "So, um, did they ever find out what sex the baby is?" Adir asks Sakura, trying to make conversation. He looks at Laela and smiles, watching her play.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Murder Scene

The package is brown with white lace. Helga had tied the bundle up nicely. Inside the package is a little box, and inside that box is a golden ring. Helga never had undergone a real marriage ceremony. She was going to exchange rings with her husband the night before. Sadly, poor Helga never arrived at her home to meet her newlywed. The box has a tag! To Derek It has a nice little bow. Ray will also be able to see a scrap of clothes next to the dumpster. The murderer must have stripped off her clothes after killing her. How strange. Her white shirt is stained with blood. There's a nametag though! It reads, Hello! I'm Helga and welcome to The Dusty Tankard. That must be the name of the tavern she works at. Er...worked.

5. - Top - End - #575

Murder Scene

Well... Damn. Killed on her wedding day? That's just depressing. Ray would bet it was a jealous ex-lover or some crazy stalker who killed her too, except...... Well, the writing on the wall said there would be more victims, and bat**** stalker types usually stopped at killing the object of their affections instead of going on an all-out murder spree.

The box and the ring are tucked into another pocket, along with the nametag. That leaves the sack of gold coins to investigate. If Ray had to hazard a guess he'd say it was a dowry or something along those lines, but never hurts to make sure.

6. - Top - End - #576

Arkham Hospital

The little blue feline reaches out a little as it's 'prey' is retracted, but can't quite reach it. With a low pitched mew, it pads forward two steps and extends its head to sniff at it with a bright pink nose.

Sniff. Sniff sniff.

And then it looks up at Vidalia, then cranes its neck to peer around her at Freddy. Its mangled, dirty fur is no longer quite as puffed up as it used to be, and it takes a few more steps towards the edge of the cupboard.
    "I'm... I'm really hungry," it says in a voice one might more likely expect from a young, human girl.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2012-04-30 at 05:31 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um..." Sakura doesn't sound all that sure about the fireplace. "I don't know about a fireplace... I'm kinda afraid of fire." She admits sheepishly. Maybe there's something they can to to make them both happy.

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

"Babies." Sakura corrects him. They're having twins, silly. "One's a boy and one's a girl. Laela's going to have two new friends. Aren't you?" She says the last to Laela, shifting into baby talk. Laela smiles and giggles.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Well, gee, this would really be a good time to have, say, a gun. That way he could just shoot the damn things while they're busy with the stairs. But nope! A fancy magic sword would be 'more heroic'.

Pausing for a short second to kick himself over that little gem of wisdom, Dwayne charges downstairs towards the first of the sights, trying to run it through and maybe even send it toppling back towards it's companions.
    Put that undead abomination!

Punt it GOOD!

The creature is sent tumbling over backs into the others, resulting in a flailing heap of Wight limbs. Boy, it sure is too bad that the kid doesn't have any ranged weapons of any kind. There's a reason why people use guns after all. Much easier to kill things with them for the most part.

It should probably be noted that the Wights are really upset now.

[Arkham Street Hospital]

Given that he's well equipped when it comes to fire Freddy is starting to consider the viability of cleaning out the fridge with flame. The foxfire really doesn't need air to cook things and he could just slip some into the fridge and-

A beat.

"Umm... Did the cat just talk?"

He's hasn't seen a talking cat before.

One of the ways you can tell he's new to the Nexus.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Murder Scene

Well... Damn. Killed on her wedding day? That's just depressing. Ray would bet it was a jealous ex-lover or some crazy stalker who killed her too, except...... Well, the writing on the wall said there would be more victims, and bat**** stalker types usually stopped at killing the object of their affections instead of going on an all-out murder spree.

The box and the ring are tucked into another pocket, along with the nametag. That leaves the sack of gold coins to investigate. If Ray had to hazard a guess he'd say it was a dowry or something along those lines, but never hurts to make sure.
    The sack contains about ten gold and a few copper. Might have been her months paycheck. There is also a watch in the bag. A shining gold watch. It looks expensive. The odd thing is, there's blood in the bag. Like the killer must've dug inside the sack for something and got her blood on it.

10. - Top - End - #580

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

"Babies." Sakura corrects him. They're having twins, silly. "One's a boy and one's a girl. Laela's going to have two new friends. Aren't you?" She says the last to Laela, shifting into baby talk. Laela smiles and giggles.
    Now I do remember them saying about the twins. Blame Adir's forgetful player.

"Oh, right," Adir says, with a slightly nervous laugh. "Having two sounds... unfun." He wrings his hands, not sure what to do with himself. "So! How, uh, long does this usually take?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #581

Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    [Some Random Street in inside.]

It's late at night and the street is empty, as it's far too late for anyone to be out...
    Oh, looks like someone's still awake.
    A red hooded person slowly walks there, almost falling with every step they take. One would think they're just drunk, unless they looked at the ground and saw the trail of blood the person is leaving behind, smeared out by the red hooded cloak.
    Some Random Street in Inside
    Dave, having finished up for the night at his clinic, is out enjoying the night of Inside.
    Well, that is until he noticed the red hooded person.
    He runs quickly to them!
    "Um...excuse me? Are you alright?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #582
    Troll in the Playground

Arkham Hospital

The little blue feline reaches out a little as it's 'prey' is retracted, but can't quite reach it. With a low pitched mew, it pads forward two steps and extends its head to sniff at it with a bright pink nose.

Sniff. Sniff sniff.

And then it looks up at Vidalia, then cranes its neck to peer around her at Freddy. Its mangled, dirty fur is no longer quite as puffed up as it used to be, and it takes a few more steps towards the edge of the cupboard.
    "I'm... I'm really hungry," it says in a voice one might more likely expect from a young, human girl.
    Given that he's well equipped when it comes to fire Freddy is starting to consider the viability of cleaning out the fridge with flame. The foxfire really doesn't need air to cook things and he could just slip some into the fridge and-

A beat.

"Umm... Did the cat just talk?"

He's hasn't seen a talking cat before.

One of the ways you can tell he's new to the Nexus.
    The tentacle smells like onions.

She did indeed. Vidalia says as she offers her hands to the kitten. If you come with me, I can get you something nummy to eat. She gives the kitten a friendly smile. My name's Vidalia, and my friend here is Freddy. What's yours?

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

"Heh, even I have to say having two would be tough." She laughs a little and gives Laela her bunny to play with. "Um, I think Harnel said it was about fifteen hours. It was kinda hard to keep track. I don't know how different twins makes it, though." She had a longer than average and difficult labour, but she doesn't have anything to compare to.

14. - Top - End - #584

Arkham Hospital

Silly Freddy. Of course she can talk!

The kitten takes another step forward, but can't really go much further. She's run out of cupboard, it would seem. As Vidalia offers her hands, the kitten leans forward to sniff at them, before rubbing her cheek against her right hand, hesitantly. "I'm Pepper."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

15. - Top - End - #585

[Arkham Hospital]

Oh yes.

Of course the cat can talk.

How silly of Fredrick to ever expect otherwise.

"Not to sound negative, but this probably isn't the best place to chat,"
    Freddy points at as there comes a clattering sound and a persistent shuffling in the distance. "Maybe we could continue to get to know each other somewhere other than the haunted hospital?"

That might be wise!

There will be fewer ghosts for Freddy to nom.

But fewer horrible monsters to nom them as well.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

{Arkham Hospital}

That's a very pretty name. May I lift you down? Vidalia asks.

If given permission, she'll do so. She'll place her on the counter, unless Pepper seems to want to hold on. How long have you been here?

17. - Top - End - #587

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Alley (Somehow) Near DFI]

Talia laughs softly, an undertone of barely-hidden madness permeating her amusement, though she offers no comment on just what she finds funny, nor is it particularly obvious from her body language. "I can offer a building for us to use... Though, if you insist on it being abandoned, I'm afraid it won't work. But the people there won't cause trouble for us, and it is a nice place."
    Well, there's a start. And if it isn't abandoned, we can just kill the people there. Should be fun. Ivaz grins. Hard to tell if she meant that as a joke or not.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

18. - Top - End - #588

"Um..." Sakura doesn't sound all that sure about the fireplace. "I don't know about a fireplace... I'm kinda afraid of fire." She admits sheepishly. Maybe there's something they can to to make them both happy.

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Nexus Contractors Union

"Well, there's those heaters with the fake fire tv screens in them. They've always seemed kinda hokey to me, but they don't take up as much space or need as much maintenance as a real one, and they're decent enough at keeping a room hot. Assuming, of course, you're not too scared of fake fire for that." Being afraid of fire does seem a bit ridiculous to the foreman, but what does he know? PCs are just weird like that.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

19. - Top - End - #589

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Nexus Contractors Union

"Well, there's those heaters with the fake fire tv screens in them. They've always seemed kinda hokey to me, but they don't take up as much space or need as much maintenance as a real one, and they're decent enough at keeping a room hot. Assuming, of course, you're not too scared of fake fire for that." Being afraid of fire does seem a bit ridiculous to the foreman, but what does he know? PCs are just weird like that.
    "Aw. I'd sorta been hoping for a real one," Adir protests, albeit a bit sheepishly. Even if he didn't want to make his absence up to Sakura, he really doesn't feel like arguing about something so small right now. Not after he just got back. "But if that's what you want to do..." Then a better idea comes to him. "Oh, I know. Instead of a heater, could we just have some kind of cover for the fire? Glass, maybe?"

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

"Heh, even I have to say having two would be tough." She laughs a little and gives Laela her bunny to play with. "Um, I think Harnel said it was about fifteen hours. It was kinda hard to keep track. I don't know how different twins makes it, though." She had a longer than average and difficult labour, but she doesn't have anything to compare to.
    "Fifteen hours?" Adir physically winces. He raises his eyebrows at Sakura. "And you're in pain the whole time?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #590

Arkham Hospital

The little cat flinches at the clattering sound, very nearly hiding back in her cupboard. She doesn't poke her head back out until after the sound fades away, after which she slowly nods her head and pads back to the edge of the cupboard and waits for Viladia to pick her up.

Pepper has been added to the party!
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

"I guess that could work." Sakura says. She still sounds uncertain, but is willing to give it a shot. "Let's go with that then."

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

"Well it wasn't so bad at first, but yeah." The dryad says. No one ever said childbirth was easy. "I'd do it all again, though, if it meant having Laela in our life." Heck, she fully expects to do it again.

22. - Top - End - #592

Generic Street

Well, I'd be pretty pissed too if I were them. I mean, first they die and get turned into horrible undead abominations, then they have to go climb a ****-ton of stairs, and just when they're finally getting the hang of it some jerkface goes and kicks them back down!

Some people just don't have any manners at all.

And speaking of stupid people with no manners, here comes Dwayne again, trying to hack 'n stab away at the wights while they're still disoriented and struggling to regain their footing!

Murder Scene

So something was removed from the bag? That... makes sense. Ray actually feels more'n a little bit dumb fer not figuring that out before. After all, the murderer wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of removing and stacking up all his victims valuables unless he -or she- was after something, would he?

The golden watch is an interesting find as well. Holding the little trinket up to the light, Ray looks it over for an inscription, an identifying mark of some kind to explain how a simple barmaid could have come by such an expensive toy... Some places give out golden watches with promotions, but Ray sorta doubts this 'Dusty Flagon' joint is that posh.

23. - Top - End - #593

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Rooftop]

Ally soon falls asleep. She's able to do so as quickly as this not because she's overly tired, but because she trusts Ashley to not steal all her stuff and run away. That would be sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Rooftop]

Ashley will watch Ally sleep for a while, but it won't be long before she falls asleep as well. She can't help but note that the floor didn't seem so uncomfortable anymore.
    The next morning, Ashley is probably the first to wake up. Assuming Ally hasn't snuck off in the night, she moves back a little so she can sit up and stretch her back.

24. - Top - End - #594

Lots of Hope Hospital

"Damn," Adir looks between his wife and his daughter, clearly amazed. He blinks a few times, then focuses on the dryad. The stag wonders if giving birth hurts more than getting shot before nodding to himself. Probably. "You are a badass. You and Cessie."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-01 at 12:42 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Sakura laughs and leans against him. Her eyes are on their daughter as well. She giggles a little as Laela peers up at them, one of the rabbit's ears in her mouth.

26. - Top - End - #596

Lots of Hope Hospital

Adir can't help but laugh at the child, and after a moment's consideration, he leans forward to try and pick her up. Rabbit and all. "C'mere, kiddo," He says amusedly, settling her into the crook of his arm and rocking gently. "You like rabbits huh? I had a pet rabbit, once..."

Adir suddenly blinks, recalling something he'd wanted to ask Sakura, and looks at her. "That reminds me, how would you feel about a, uh, pet?"

I would assume this is a while after the other scene at the Union, during the time where their house is being built.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-01 at 01:24 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dragan would be in hot water now... if the rest of his squad hadn't just shown up. They all activate flashlights, directing them at the area the scrap is taking place in.
    Immediately after the half-vampire takes flight, one of the soldiers that just teleported in raises an assault rifle and fires a short burst at her wings, while Dragan turns around to face her - too slowly and she'll get to him if the bullets don't stop her.
    The rest of the squad - five people arrived via the teleport and now Anatolij is there as well - turn their attention to the mysterious attacker from the shadows. The combat priest raises a nasty-looking warhammer and utters a prayer in some strange language, which causes a cloud of bright, yet heatless, flame erupt from the hammer and sear through the yard, trying to remove all illusions and reveal all that is hidden.
    That would be quite effective... Were Mayhala in the yard. But, unfortunately, while she did move (and rather quickly) to be a fair bit closer to the yard than the three houses down on the roof that she was, she's currently in the Shadowside version of the street behind Anatolij (at least, I assume that his vehicle didn't go over the fence, and nothing was mentioned about him climbing over).

Though, she doesn't stay that way for long, popping back into Inside a few moments after the priest dispels illusions in the yard, and trying to snare the human's arms in a pair of shadow-ropes, much like the one that just tried to knock Dragan out.

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Well, there's a start. And if it isn't abandoned, we can just kill the people there. Should be fun. Ivaz grins. Hard to tell if she meant that as a joke or not.
    A moment after Ivaz finishes speaking, Talia has a long, slender, knife in her hand, ready to throw. "No killing them. Unless they ask you to, anyway; in that case, go ahead."

28. - Top - End - #598
    Troll in the Playground

[Arkham Hospital]

Oh yes.

Of course the cat can talk.

How silly of Fredrick to ever expect otherwise.

"Not to sound negative, but this probably isn't the best place to chat,"
    Freddy points at as there comes a clattering sound and a persistent shuffling in the distance. "Maybe we could continue to get to know each other somewhere other than the haunted hospital?"

That might be wise!

There will be fewer ghosts for Freddy to nom.

But fewer horrible monsters to nom them as well.
    The little cat flinches at the clattering sound, very nearly hiding back in her cupboard. She doesn't poke her head back out until after the sound fades away, after which she slowly nods her head and pads back to the edge of the cupboard and waits for Vidalia to pick her up.

Pepper has been added to the party!
    Feeling just a bit rushed, Vidalia lifts Pepper up as gently as she can and pulls her into a cuddle. Lead on, Freddie. She looks down to Pepper. It'll be alright. We'll keep you safe.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

Murder Scene

So something was removed from the bag? That... makes sense. Ray actually feels more'n a little bit dumb fer not figuring that out before. After all, the murderer wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of removing and stacking up all his victims valuables unless he -or she- was after something, would he?

The golden watch is an interesting find as well. Holding the little trinket up to the light, Ray looks it over for an inscription, an identifying mark of some kind to explain how a simple barmaid could have come by such an expensive toy... Some places give out golden watches with promotions, but Ray sorta doubts this 'Dusty Flagon' joint is that posh.
    Well, something might have been taken, the murderer might have not found what he was looking for, or the blood getting inside the bag is a coincidence and means absolutely nothing. The watch has the name DEREK on it. So its probably a gift to her husband. Maybe checking out the tavern would get more information?

30. - Top - End - #600

Murder Scene

That's next on Ray's list. For now though... For now he's stuck with the unenviable task of getting the chopped up corpse bits out of the garbage.

Grabbing a bunch of old newspapers left in the alley and spreading them out to cover the floor, he begins digging through the trash to retrieve poor Helga's various lopped-off bits, doing his best not to vomit from the combined smell and general disgusting-ness of the situation.