New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Generic Street

Well, it normally wouldn't occur to Dwayne to go poking around through the charred remains of the wights, because as previously stated, he's a pretty cruddy excuse for an adventurer. But as he trudges through the icy pile of slush the frost wight left on the stairs, he does notice the odd ice crystals mixed into the snow picking one up to inspect it.

Assuming this Blue Ice stuff has any immediately noticeable value or supernatural quality, he'll set to work picking the rest of the shards out of the snowdrift before moving onto the remains of the other wights to see if they too left anything interesting behind.

Haunted Hospital of Dooom!

Oliver's the next to show, jogging up to the rest of the adventurers assembled before the hospital. "So, anyone gotta clue as to what we're lookin' for in there?" He asks, pulling a candybar out of one of his many pockets and munching on it.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Arkham Hospital

Rodolphis cannot see through clothes. That's a good thing.l Rodolphus quits staring at her private areas and adresses her. Uh huh? That armor exposes a lot of you. Not the good way either. I can spot about four ways to bypass your armor...but, to each his his own I guess. Hmm...still look great in armor...Heh. I'd prefer less armor actually...or clothes for that matter. He snickers with his low voice.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-05-05 at 12:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #693

Lots of Hope Hospital

"I can stand." Arik replies, obviously looking relived that the staff have informed them both the babies and his sister are well.

"I see that you have had offspring of your own." He comments with a glance at Laleh, "Congratulations." While his attitude is rather aloof at least his words rings true.

[Lots of Hope Hospital - Maternity Ward]

It works fine enough, Bastion is attempting to spread his little wings though as he reaches for the bottle. His hands squeezing it gently before he accepts it into his mouth.
    Cora is easier to feed and her crying stops as she gently starts sucking on the bottle.

You know, since at least one of them probably is going to grow sharp teeth perhaps skipping breast feeding is a good idea?

4. - Top - End - #694
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Generic Street]

Blue ice!

It's blue! And it's ice! It is also cold. But not cold like an ice-cube cold. More like comfortably cool sort of cold. And it also refuses to melt. Even a little. It also looks very pretty.

Maybe that'll be enough to get his attention?

[Arkham Street Hospital]

Amlin uses his ghost detecting power!

FOOM! GHOST EVERYWHERE!

There's so much ghost all over the place that he won't be able to pick out any individual readings. This place is packed with spooks!

"It covers everything important," Winifred replies idly to the wolfman before addressing the ghost hunter's question. "We'll be heading inside to confront whatever horrible entity is controlling this hospital. Until then we're just waiting for the last of our party to arrive."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arkham Street]

Amlin lowers his arm, looking rather shocked. Slowly, he turns to the others gathered around, "We may need more people. Or something. Because there's literally so much spiritual power packed into there that it's like a hazard to the buildings around it."

[Lot's of hope hospital - Maternity Ward]

yes, given the advent of sharp teeth, lack of breast feeding is probably wise >.>

Harnel smiles, continuing to hold Bastion in place with his tail as he continues to feed them. Once they have their fill and start getting drowsy, though (birth is difficult for the babies as well), Harnel bring them out to show the group in the waiting room.

He doesn't say anything, just holding the pair in his arms as he smiles. They'll obviously be asleep at this point, of course, so don't wake them up!
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-05 at 12:39 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Arkham Street Hospital]

Grantz arrives in a normal fashion. The area looks dead but radiating with energy.

" I can send out my demons to scout the area. Shall I everyone?"
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Arkham Hospital

Rodolphus smiles happily. He had appeased his inner creep for the day. The wolfman just shakes his head at Winifred. Whatever you say my soft and curvaceous friend. He starts to unwrap the linen cloth over his hands and feet. His body then starts to change. His claws grow large, he devolopes a canine muzzle, and he gets much taller and furry. The wolfman rumbles. His true form always felt good to him. Luckily, his clothes are stretchy and don't rip much. This form is much more muscular than his last oneMm...much better...
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-05-05 at 12:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #698

Generic Street

Assuming the blue ice doesn't immediately break when Dwayne puts pressure on it, that combined with it's other properties should be enough to alert Dwayne that it's not really normal ice at all.

Which in turn will lead to him scavenging up the materials left behind by the other dead ghouls! Course, I'm not sure what said materials actually are, other than the previously elaborated upon Ebony and Blue Ice.

Haunted Hospital

"Nah, you already said that. I'm asking what this 'malevolent entity' is. Or don'tcha know?" Oliver clarifies, munching down the last of the candybar in a single enormous bite.

9. - Top - End - #699

[Arkham Street Hospital]

"Oh..." Freddie mutters at the necromancer's assessment. "Well... I've already been inside. And it wasn't that bad. I mean... it was kind of creepy. And there were some ghosts and... things someone called a zombies? But I don't think just walking in will kill us."

And with that she walks in and is instantly killed perfectly fine.

"See? No problem! This whole place stinks of ghosts. But I think whatever is in charge is down in the basement."

That's probably where the morgue is.

Oh goody!

Once inside a trio of ghostly blue fox fire wisps drift out of Winifred and begin orbiting her, lighting up her surroundings with eerie light. If anyone has a real flashlight that would probably work better.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arkham Street Hospital

"Wait, Boss fight already?"

Time to summon some friends then.

Pyro Jack! Hua Po! Kikure-Hime!

All three came out on his sides. Walking just behind Freddie he and his demons were ready to fry anything hostile. That's Blazing fire from Four demons.
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-05-05 at 01:22 PM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Arkham Hospital

The wolfman can see in the dark just fine. Mm...smells of death here...and onions. There were dead people here. No...you don't say.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arkham Street Hospital

Even with the all the light sources from his demon's and himself, there was not anything he could see yet in the dank basement.

"This smell is nauseating, like a privy with dead people in it.
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-05-05 at 01:23 PM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

[Haunted Arkham Hospital]

Amlin will fall in step behind Winifred, his arms moving furiously as he begins to set wards. They can only cover him, unfortunately, but anything short of a powerful spirit will find them nigh impenetrable. of course, this only lasts as longas he maintains them, and don't block physical things from coming over to him.

14. - Top - End - #704

[Arkham Street Hospital]

Well!

The party certainly has the surroundings well lit! Between, y'know. Fire. And more fire. As they walk along spectral faces occasionally manifest in the walls, moaning at them balefully.

No more than twenty feet down the main hall an almost comically generic bed-sheet ghost pops up out of the floor and goes, "Ooogah Boogah boogah!"

Quick as a striking viper Winifred binds the spirit with one of her wisps and devours the poor thing. Om nom nom! She runs her tongue along her teeth as she traces her fingers across the wall-

And then stops.

"Huh... This is where the stairs leading down to the basement were last time I was here..."

Instead there's just a blank wall.

15. - Top - End - #705

Arkham Hospital

"Ooh, I know this trick!" Putting an ear to the wall, Oliver knocks on it a few times, checking to see if it's hollow. He's also naturally adept at detecting ghostly tricks, so if there's some sort of magic at work here he might well be able to see it.

16. - Top - End - #706

[Arkham Street Hospital]

The ghost hunter puts his ear up against the wall and knocks!

Hmm...

It does sound a bit hollow...

While his head is against the wall a pair of large black eyes open up on it, shortly followed by an enormous mouth filled with almost comically flat teeth. With a rather loud, "GLOM!" the apparition will peel off the door and attempt to fasten its mouth around Oliver!

Oh no!

Look out Oliver!

It's gunna slime you!

17. - Top - End - #707

Arkham Hospital

"Yike!"

Spotting the eyes opening on the wall, Oliver springs back just in time to avoid getting glommed alive by the enormous mouth, the teeth snapping shut on the scruff of his ill-fitting stars-and-moons hoodie instead.

"Hey, leggo!" He protests furiously, reaching for his ghost-stabbin' sword.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-05-05 at 02:54 PM.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arkham Street Hospital]

Wolf has been following along as all this happened, though her player was auditioning, and thus couldn't post for her.

She's not bothering with conventional flashlights, instead relying on gear to convert UV to something she can interpret, and a low-level emitter of such, as well ultrasonic pulses and something to convert that to visual data, along with an IR sensor.

When the thing comes out of the wall to try to eat Oliver, she frowns, reaching for her pistol, and glancing at her companions to see what their reactions are; she has very little experience with ghosts, and thus isn't entirely certain of what the proper procedure is.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arkham Street Hospital

Grantz rushes to Oliver and punches the thing with a flaming fist, when he thought that thew fist made contact he increases the heat from his fist. He was careful to try not to singe Oliver but he didn't even know if his fist really did hit or if the fire had any effect.

"How'd you like that!"
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-05-05 at 07:05 PM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

20. - Top - End - #710
    Halfling in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

"Thanks," Adir says graciously. He doesn't seem to recognize the name Arik, and I don't believe Sakura said much about him. Perhaps she can specify her woes later. "She's really great. Name's Laela," He looks at Sakura and says, "Gonna have a couple new friends soon, right hon?"

Then, suddenly, babies!

Those are some cool looking babies, too. Adir's eyes widen, and he's suddenly quite a bit more awake. "Oh wow," The stag feels like he should stand, but his legs have drifted off to sleep along with the children. Just give him a moment. "Wow. I guess we're not the only ones to congratulate." He gives Arik a glance, then smiles warmly at Harnel. Not much else to say, really. A decent joke pops into his head, but he suppresses it in favor of polite silence.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-05 at 09:45 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

"Yes she is." Sakura says, grinning from ear to ear. And look at that, it's those two friends now. Sakura's eyes go wide and she hops to her feet. "Ooh, they're so adorable. Which is which?" She moves right over to Harnel's side.

22. - Top - End - #712

[Arkham Street Hospital]

"Glom glom glom!" the specter babbles at it chews on Oliver rather harmlessly, covering his limb with gross sticky slime. It doesn't seem to be hurting him at all, but it sure is annoying!

Then the ghost gets fire-punched!

It makes a burbling noise and lashes back at Grantz with a pseudopod in a bid to knock him over.

What about Winifred you ask?

Well...

For the time being she's just hanging back in case more ghosts pop out. Things are crowded enough by the false-wall already.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arkham Street asylum

Grantz stumbles backwards but stays on his feet.

"What manner of creature is this?"

Grantz sees that Freddie and the wolf man are just standing by.

"Guys, in case you haven't seen Oliver needs help.Are you going to do something or will I have to blast it?

Agilao! Agilao!

Two spheres, bigger and hotter, floats over Grantz hands. He was not a precision hitter, if someone else doesn't do something he hoped Oliver was fire resistant.
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-05-06 at 11:17 AM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arkham Street Hospital]

((Serph, I'd like to ask you to use location tags. we understand that you only have a character in the hospital at the moment, but once you start doing other scenes it'll become confusing.

also, you seem to be skipping the person you're trying to help, as well as myself. Please respect posting order.))

Amlin gives Grantz a flat look, "Have you seen him need help yet? Let the man draw his sword."

The necromancer is distinctly unimpressed with the sheet ghost.

[Lot's of Hope Hospital]

Harnel grins, "The one on the left is Bastion, and the other is Cora." Harnel looks just about ready to pass out on his feet, actually. that was nine hours straight of worry, and much less can be exhausting. But the babies are keeping him awake, and the feelings of love he has toward them.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-06 at 02:23 PM.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry about that Grantz isn't used to this as it is his first time. He'll be more careful in the future. Grantz is wondering what the posting order is.
    Again Grantz Apologizes.

"Sorry.... I tend to jump ahead of things. Although I'll keep the two fireballs at the ready, you never know when you'll need to suddenly fry something."
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

26. - Top - End - #716

Arkham Hospital

Grabbing his sword and drawing it back for an overhead stab, Oliver mutters a word of power, causing the blade to flare with green light as it's infused with magic that should make it extremely effective against ghosties.

Then he pauses. Sighs. Lowers the sword. Even if it did go and ruin his hoodie this cut rate ghost probably couldn't maul anything a jam donut. Rummaging around his pocket for a moment, Oliver retrieves a candybar, waving the rectangle of concentrated sugar in front of the slime-ghost's face.

"Looooook. Chocolate. Betcha this tastes waaaay better than limited edition, really expensive hoodies...."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-05-06 at 12:33 PM.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Soul Quest]

Yeah, you'd think..... Sallianne continues to follow.

When the three or five (depending on if Mikani convinces Pearl to not start trouble) arrive at the scene and push their way through the throng of mostly men, they'll find a beautiful young woman, likely in her twenties, dancing seductively for all the crowd to watch.

She's currently unbuttoning her blouse, very slowly as she turns away from them. She's still wearing a skirt, but the lower half of it looks to have been ripped away. No shoes, and she's removed one stocking as well.

((And in case I forgot to mention it, the last piece was her child-like soul.))
    [Soul Quest]

It was mentioned.
    Irene scowls at the women. She hated this sort of thing. Reminds her way too much of the whole partial slave and more importantly sex slave act Felina had going on that she was lucky to escape from. But she'd never be anything but disgusted by it and it shows.

Especially when she pulls her flaming sword out and waves it around a bit, menacingly.
    "Show's over folks. GET."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dave's Free Clinic
    The chart simply reads the basic medications for pain and sedation for this sort of case.
    "One minute he was stable...the other he went into cardiac arrest with no warning. I'm thinking some rare heart condition, but I wish I had more info to go on. All I have is this pokemon trainer I.D. from him." he said, handing over the I.D. if Wes wants to see it.
    'Zach Rolfe
    Sex: M
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Home Town: Pallet Town, Kanto Region
    Badges: 1(it has the picture of a rock shaped badge on it)
    Pokemon: 4
    Blood Type: O-'
    "What do you think?"
    “I’m afraid I know very little about pokemon trainers. They’re human so far as physiology goes, yes?” That is always a valid question when dealing with Nexus dwellers.

“It looks like his sedative and pain meds are well within the proper range for a fifteen year old male of his height and weight, and he has no signs of allergic reaction, so it doesn’t seem to be the drugs… we should do an echo and look for structural defects in his heart.” Echocardiograms are such useful things.

((More posts are coming! Watch for edits to this post or other posts from me soon! ))
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

29. - Top - End - #719

[Lot's of Hope Hospital]

Arik is just about to say something when Harnel enters the room with the babies. He looks surprised to say at least. It looks like he's looking for something to say. "...they look a lot like you." He finally states.

30. - Top - End - #720

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    “I’m afraid I know very little about pokemon trainers. They’re human so far as physiology goes, yes?” That is always a valid question when dealing with Nexus dwellers.

“It looks like his sedative and pain meds are well within the proper range for a fifteen year old male of his height and weight, and he has no signs of allergic reaction, so it doesn’t seem to be the drugs… we should do an echo and look for structural defects in his heart.” Echocardiograms are such useful things.
    Dave's Free Clinic
    "Pokemon Trainers are people who've decided to spend their lives training pokemon. They are...mostly human."
    "And yes, let's do that echo."

He gets out the proper device(I'm only 15 and have NO idea what the name is XD) and waits for Wes to prep Zach.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life