New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

[Animal Shelter]

So Arel has become fond of the plants, or made to be fond of the plants.
    Not really all that surprising.
    If the druidy/herbalist lady can't remove them, for one reason or another...

Bobbie has other plans!

Which may or may not involve sneaking closer to Arel and trying to pinch a flower petal from one of her vines.
    To some degree, this is probably a horrible idea.
    But it's for science! And helping Arel!
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Streets]

The Troll doesn't seem very happy about getting clobbered by the heap of Blokz.

So much so that it glares up at the flying dragon and glares!

Glaaaaares at him!

Sadly Kashi is too high to be effectively counter-attacked.

Also sadly the Troll is operating under orders to kill Freddie and Cat, which means it can't retreat. Even for its own safety.

So what does it do?

Blargs more ice onto the glacial prison!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #1293

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Robbed Vault

"This vault was mine."
    Alizarin informs him with a bit of an angered growl. It's not directed at him, instead at the thought that his place was broken into. "And you've been duped if you think something as cheap as a gem is something I'd keep in here." He says with a snort before laughing a cold and harsh laugh. "Want to know what she took? She took that!" He says, pointing to a rolled up blueprint laying on one of the open shelves. "You're damn lucky she didn't know how to use it."
    "OK. So, you care to explain how she took that, when that is still there, and she clearly took this instead?" Brimstone holds the blue, pulsing gem up for a better look. Brimstone's already giving off the impression that he really doesn't care. Or he just doesn't have the time to deal with schemes, ludicrously-circuitous plans, and other such things.

He's not exactly a detective.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

Robbed Vault

Alizarin gives Brimstone a look that says Are you stupid or something and facepalms. "No, you idiot. Those are blueprints to a prototype Soul-Jar Battery. That is what she took. And don't you think that I would know what the hell is in my own Tesla-damned vault!" He nearly screams.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Cave Interior

MDM is going for a scan himself. He scans the area around calulating for a map. The range of the scan is limited to the view.

Mia just gently waits for MDM and the others to end their preparation. As she feels something coming up she fast prepares a defense. Mia takes her staff close to her face and starts mumbeling a prayer. Out of her hand appear a few metall bugs who fly around her. They start creating a shield to deflect the scan.

"I think something is scanning us."
    [SRW Plot: Cave Interior]

"Sorry that was me. I did a scan of the place to make a 3D map in my head, unfortunately I am not yet skilled enough to not scan everything in range, it shouldn't have given any discomfort though
    anyway it looks like there are two paths we can take. look at the far wall"

At the far wall there was nothing out of order

"There seems to be a hidden path over there, there might be a hidden button to open it or we can force it open. now look at this floor."

In the middle of the room there is nothing special at all.

"That small area seems to be a secret elevator but only two can fit at most."

Grantz looks at MDM, Mia, Alpha, One, the last triplet, Red and Mark.

"so what's the plan?"
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-05-28 at 10:15 PM.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

6. - Top - End - #1296

Robbed Vault

"So you're saying this didn't come from your vault at all." Brimstone just looks down at the gem again, eyes narrowing. "This...isn't one of your soul jar batteries." The demon grits his teeth. "Damn it! It was a decoy! She dropped it as she was getting away. Of course." He just glares at the gem, his grip around it tightening, partly angered at being fooled, and partly angered at wasting both his and someone else's time.

Mostly at just being fooled.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Robbed Vault

At Brimstone's realization, Alizarin gives a slow clap of mockery. "Congratulations. Now, are you going to chase her to get it from her, or are you just going to stand there?"

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Animal Shelter]

Arel blinks a couple time, but shakes her head. "Reinholdt, I'm fine. It's not making me think any differently." She insists.
    [Animal Shelter]

"Right." Reinholdt shuffles a bit in place in awkward silence. Someone being mentally affected by psycho zombie plants would say that.

He turns to the druid. "I'm sorry for bringing you here for nothing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #1299

Robbed Vault

Sorely tempted to just leave Viscose standing there, to disregard his mocking demand, Brimstone suppresses the urge to make a rude gesture, and tries to think. "What would someone do with a working example of one of your devices? Where would they go? Anywhere specific?" After all, it's doubtful Salixtra would be anywhere near where they last encountered one another. Salixtra's long gone. Of that, there's little question.

Of course, Brimstone's been wrong before.
    Last edited by blackouttwo; 2012-05-28 at 10:37 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

Robbed Vault

"That's the thing. This was a small scale portable one. Not large enough to be used for something like running a building complex, but it could provide plenty of power for a military grade laser defense cannon or a Arcana-Drain. The soul would provide unlimited power, but it's the capabilities of the generator/battery that had to be questioned."
    Alizarin explains. "That said, she knew that this was the most important item in here. I believe she might know where some of my other vaults are. I could give you a location or two to scout out while I check the others."

11. - Top - End - #1301

Robbed Vault

Brimstone nods after a moment of contemplation. "Alright. I don't think she'll hit more than one place in one night, though. For now, we should wait, keep an eye on the other vaults, and see if she makes another move. How would she know what to look for in here?" He looks around at the rest of the vault in confusion before approaching the blueprints Viscose pointed out moments ago.

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arkham Hospital

Oh, gogdarnit.

Frowning a little as his leg gets stuck Oliver gives it a tug, trying to pull himself free of the darkness. Perplexity and annoyance fast give way to worry as he realizes he can't, then outright panic hits his already fear-addled brain like a ten-ton firetruck as something on the other side grabs him and pulls back.

"Halp!" He cries, grabbing hold of Winifred's arm as she tries to keep him from getting dragged in, but unless she can find something to anchor them with or Grantz can help somehow, I don't see it doing much good.

SRW Plot- Cave

"I'll go. I think Mia should too." Alpha volunteers. That way he can provide the muscle and firepower, while she can deal with the computery stuff and what-not. No doubt whatever defenses this place has will need to be shut down before they can proceed.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    Robbed Vault

Brimstone nods after a moment of contemplation. "Alright. I don't think she'll hit more than one place in one night, though. For now, we should wait, keep an eye on the other vaults, and see if she makes another move. How would she know what to look for in here?" He looks around at the rest of the vault in confusion before approaching the blueprints Viscose pointed out moments ago.
    Robbed Vault

"I wouldn't bet on anything."
    Viscose says before picking the blueprints off the ground right before Brimstone could get to them. He stuffs the scroll into his vest as he looks around the rest of the vault. "Go to <Address in Blue Zone> Bank first. It's the nearest place where my name is on the public records. If you see her, the object she took looks like a glass jar attached to a jewel encrusted rod. As for how she knew, it wouldn't be hard to pick it out amongst the rest of the baubles here. It was the only real thing of worth."

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Arkham Hospital

Oh, gogdarnit.

Frowning a little as his leg gets stuck Oliver gives it a tug, trying to pull himself free of the darkness. Perplexity and annoyance fast give way to worry as he realizes he can't, then outright panic hits his already fear-addled brain like a ten-ton firetruck as something on the other side grabs him and pulls back.

"Halp!" He cries, grabbing hold of Winifred's arm as she tries to keep him from getting dragged in, but unless she can find something to anchor them with or Grantz can help somehow, I don't see it doing much good.

SRW Plot- Cave

"I'll go. I think Mia should too." Alpha volunteers. That way he can provide the muscle and firepower, while she can deal with the computery stuff and what-not. No doubt whatever defenses this place has will need to be shut down before they can proceed.
    [Arkham Street Hospital]

"Oni! Titan!"

Grantz summons them and the two large, powerful and very muscular demons try grab hold of freddie and Oliver. This should be helpful as Freddie and Oliver's torsos fit inside the two demons hands. He himself glows fiery red to try and stave off the darkness.

[SRW plot: Cave Interior]

"So since you named two i take it you plan to use the elevator?"

Grantz asks as Alpha did not specify his path also will Mia seperate from MDM?
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Quest- Warehouse]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "All right, all right, I'm going." Irene says, moving towards the door.
    Slowwwwwly. Hoping Sophie can catch the perp or at least hide out of the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I said, hold it, Sophie says, threateningly this time.
    As Irene is slowly lead toward Sophie's position, the shadow Sophie is threatening continues to run. It's obviously not taking her threat too seriously.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

16. - Top - End - #1306

[Animal Shelter]

The druid will stand up and motion for Rein to follow her. Once they're far enough so Arel can't hear them, she'll whisper: "Whether she is being controlled by these plants I cannot say, but they're not harming her. What's more, they're everywhere. We would need to remove all of the plant to cure her of this, and she will probably not survive. I am not able to remove them even if it wouldn't kill her."
    She sighs. "You could try finding a more skilled doctor, but I'm afraid this is far beyond my abilities."

[Streets]
    Yay! They're being rescued!

Well... Cat won't notice, she's still very much knocked out.
    Broken bones take a while longer to heal than flesh wounds.
    Also cause internal damage.

The cold doesn't help a lot either!
    She'll thank the person trying to save them later, when she's concious.
    Last edited by Eadin; 2012-05-29 at 07:21 AM.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

17. - Top - End - #1307

SRW Plot- Cave

"I assume he meant the secret door and not the elevator, but maybe I'm mistaken and we three go down the elevator."

Seems like she doesn't even think to split from MDM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Arkham Hospital
    SRW Plot- Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    SRW Plot- Cave

"I assume he meant the secret door and not the elevator, but maybe I'm mistaken and we three go down the elevator."

Seems like she doesn't even think to split from MDM.
    ((Thanks for the info on this Zefir.))

[SRW plot: Cave Interior]

"Guys only two can fit in the elevator to go down, from what i perceived from my scan. Why don't we draw lots on who goes where?"

Grantz prepares 8 sticks for everyone, 2 of which are red and 6 blue. This is to be fair.

Red continues to wander around and bumps into something........ hard.
    The impact causes the door on the wall to open and the elevator on the ground to pop up.

"Well that fixes the problem of it being hidden.....ow."

Red rubs his forehead.

((Time to draw lots!))
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Animal Shelter]

So Arel has become fond of the plants, or made to be fond of the plants.
    Not really all that surprising.
    If the druidy/herbalist lady can't remove them, for one reason or another...

Bobbie has other plans!

Which may or may not involve sneaking closer to Arel and trying to pinch a flower petal from one of her vines.
    To some degree, this is probably a horrible idea.
    But it's for science! And helping Arel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Animal Shelter]

"Right." Reinholdt shuffles a bit in place in awkward silence. Someone being mentally affected by psycho zombie plants would say that.

He turns to the druid. "I'm sorry for bringing you here for nothing."
    [Animal Shelter]

Arel sighs and idly toys with the tip of one of her vines. She looks over to Rein, but soon looks down again. Bobbie will have no problem getting a petal, as the vines are not very sensitive and Are isn't paying attention.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Quest- Warehouse]

Irene starts wondering if Sophie just talks. Granted that probably makes her most fitted for her GLoG position, but it sure isn't helping right now.

Still Irene can maybe buy just a bit more time for her. Slow float, slow float, like an old lady ghost.

[Animal Shelter]

"Hmm... well thank you for your analysis all the same. It was helpful." Reinholdt tells the druid.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #1311

[Animal Shelter]

"It's fine. I'm sorry I couldn't help. The best you can do is keep an eye on her. I'll go and ask around and if I find something useful about her condition, I'll let you know." The woman will nod to everyone and unless stopped will take her leave.
    Last edited by Eadin; 2012-05-29 at 01:25 PM.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

22. - Top - End - #1312

[Arkham Hospital]

The heap of demons proves to be ineffectual!

Everyone is getting pulled along!

It's almost as though all friction with the ground is being negated by whatever is yanking them...

Into the darkness they go!

The room itself isn't dark, though.

Just a thing sheet of blackness over the doorway is. And there doesn't appear to be anything malevolent in here either. Well.

That was anti-climactic.

No more claw marks in here either, it would seem. There are two exits, a hallway to the north and a door to the east.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

23. - Top - End - #1313

Streets of Red Zone
    A glitter of confetti flies through the air, flying softly on the gentle breeze.
    It moved around some young, poor children, their clothes tattered and their faces dirty. But their young faces lit up when they saw the shining confetti that began to swirl around them!
    The confetti will swiftly pick up into a whirlwind, swirling faster and faster around the children, completely surrounding and obscuring them.
    Someone might think that something's up with this right now...after all, a whirlwind of confetti isn't exactly...normal...

((Interaction please!))
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

[Animal Shelter]

"I appreciate it." Reinholdt says, nodding back, before returning to Arel.

Not that he knows what to say to her at this point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #1315

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Streets]

The Troll doesn't seem very happy about getting clobbered by the heap of Blokz.

So much so that it glares up at the flying dragon and glares!

Glaaaaares at him!

Sadly Kashi is too high to be effectively counter-attacked.

Also sadly the Troll is operating under orders to kill Freddie and Cat, which means it can't retreat. Even for its own safety.

So what does it do?

Blargs more ice onto the glacial prison!
    Streets

Oh no he doesn't! Kashi lets fly with another Thwumper before gearing up to do something that'll hopefully free the pair while their assailant is distracted by a blokz based assault.

In between his jaws, Kashi quickly generates a big round lump of gold, as large and as weighty as a cannonball that he holds between his teeth. A steady stream of fire from his oft-forgotten flame breath flickers over it until it's the color of straw and nearly molten, his incisors sinking into the soft metal.

Then his lips clamp down over it and his cheeks puff out as he lines up for a dive, heading down to the shell at top speed. At the last second he spits out the ball, followed by a gout of pressurized flame, aiming for the base of the ice sculpture so he doesn't inadvertently murder whatever's inside if his attack manages to crash through.

Master Dahl's Bakery

Rather than waste precious food on another scrap of metal, Kashi just nods in confirmation at Elias' question. The idol-thing is kind of curious to him, but he's sure he could make one that's just as good if he wanted to.

Oooh look! Bagels! Kashi noms some bagels while Elias and Hekta are possibly eaten by spirit bugs in their brains.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Inside The Mech]

"But all of this is so amazing..." She insists before looking down at the clothing as if not really sure what to do with it, "Alright, I guess I need to get used to this." She picks up the shirt and inspects it closely. "Is it normal to feel this... dull as a mortal? It feels like I can't think straight." Her first attempt to put it on doesn't go so well as her head get's stuck. She have to take it off again and sigh before making a second. He might want to help her a bit.
    [Inside The Mech]

Michael sighs and helps the woman get into the clothes, making sure everything goes on properly, though there's no underwear to be had, "You still haven't told me your name, you know. Given that you asked one from me, it's only polite to give one back."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #1317

[Inside The Mech]

The woman flattens down the shirt, looking rather uncomfortable with the new clothes. They are too large for her after all and she never wore any before.

"Ah, uh, I wish I could tell you that but with my fall God took away my name. It's only through his eternal mercy I can even stand before you now." She replies in a low voice, looking down at the floor in shame.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside The Mech]

"Then why don't you come up with a new name? You're gonna need one. And pretty much everybody you tell that you don't have a name is going to suggest this, you know?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Streets of Red Zone
    A glitter of confetti flies through the air, flying softly on the gentle breeze.
    It moved around some young, poor children, their clothes tattered and their faces dirty. But their young faces lit up when they saw the shining confetti that began to swirl around them!
    The confetti will swiftly pick up into a whirlwind, swirling faster and faster around the children, completely surrounding and obscuring them.
    Someone might think that something's up with this right now...after all, a whirlwind of confetti isn't exactly...normal...

((Interaction please!))
    The confetti is not alone in its wandering. Come upon the scene, a tall, muscled warrior stops to watch. His hair is dark and cut military-style, his eyes a bright green, his features fair and broad in appearance. He's dressed humbly, with a sleeveless black tunic and a pair of trousers held up by knotted cord. At his hip, his only apparent possession of any value, is a long sword of black steel with a strange organic-looking hilt.

The warrior says nothing, not sure what's about to happen.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #1320

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    The confetti is not alone in its wandering. Come upon the scene, a tall, muscled warrior stops to watch. His hair is dark and cut military-style, his eyes a bright green, his features fair and broad in appearance. He's dressed humbly, with a sleeveless black tunic and a pair of trousers held up by knotted cord. At his hip, his only apparent possession of any value, is a long sword of black steel with a strange organic-looking hilt.

The warrior says nothing, not sure what's about to happen.
    Streets of the Red Zone
    The confetti stops and blows away at the sight of this new arrival! The children are quite sad!
    The warrior might feel the eyes of an 18 year old girl hiding behind a crate staring at him. She has long, rainbow colored hair that covered one of her hazel eyes. She was also wearing a pull-over hood that was too big for her, making her look adorable in it. She watched the warrior carefully as some confetti begins to dance around him on a slight breeze. She wondered how he'd react to it!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life