New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    [SRW plot: Deep tunnel]

Well the security seem to be down.......... but so are the lights.

"I think you just hit the light switch or something..."

with that Red turns into a body of fire that gives out good light best not to touch him though.
    Mark flinches away as Red flares up.
    A little warning is nice.
    He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a flashlight and a small device that has stopped beeping. The device looks closer to a bundle of things from a workshop floor than an actual electronic device.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

[Animal Shelter => Ice Rink]

Reinholdt didn't know they ran inside ones in the summer either. He figured it'd be too expensive. But honestly, he knows absolutely nothing about ice skating himself, so his thoughts probably aren't accurate.

He does follow Bobbie to the Ice Rink though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Streets - Red Zone "Eep!" The girl ducks as the warrior speaks! Hopefully he won't be able to see he- oh no, he can totally still see her hair sticking up from behind the crate. The confetti itself disappears from around his hand.
    Bellan steps free of the cloud with some reluctance, approaching the crate. She must be a shy creature, he thinks, or perhaps a mischievous one.

"It's alright. I shan't hurt you," Is all he can think to say.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Bellan steps free of the cloud with some reluctance, approaching the crate. She must be a shy creature, he thinks, or perhaps a mischievous one.

"It's alright. I shan't hurt you," Is all he can think to say.
    Streets - Red Zone The 18 year old girl with the rainbow hair cut that covered one eye, wearing a hoodie too big for her with sleeves that went well past her hands and went past her hips, wearing cargo pants as well, peeks over the crate, looking at the warrior with her eyes. "I know that it's just I'm kinda...shy..."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Halfling in the Playground

[Streets - Red Zone]

"And why's that, child?" Bellan says, leaning over the crate a bit, propping his arms on it. He has never understood shy individuals. "You are quite skilled. You should be proud."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #1416

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Streets - Red Zone]

"And why's that, child?" Bellan says, leaning over the crate a bit, propping his arms on it. He has never understood shy individuals. "You are quite skilled. You should be proud."
    Streets - Red Zone
    She blushes and looks down, twiddling her fingers together.
    "W-well...it's not that being skilled should make me less shy...I just don't like people very much..."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #1417

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Bakery

"I told you! In the spooky secret temple!" Hekta insists with her hands in the air. "...and Sparklewings isn't Sparklewings? Aw." The demon says with a disappointed glance at Kashi. "Sorry." She tells him.
    Master Dahl's Bakery

Kashi shrugs. He didn't really care what she called him, but he was already making notes, so he decided he might as well correct her.

"So wait, are you returning that to the spooky temple or what? Sounds kind of dangerous..."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Bakery

"I told you! In the spooky secret temple!" Hekta insists with her hands in the air. "...and Sparklewings isn't Sparklewings? Aw." The demon says with a disappointed glance at Kashi. "Sorry." She tells him.

[Inside The Mech]

"I just got here myself. God must have put us here so we may help each other." Shina theorizes. "We are seem to be lost here after all." She pauses. "So what's the last thing you remember?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Master Dahl's Bakery

Kashi shrugs. He didn't really care what she called him, but he was already making notes, so he decided he might as well correct her.

"So wait, are you returning that to the spooky temple or what? Sounds kind of dangerous..."

"Maybe... we could fly over it and lower the idol down on a rope and leave it on the doorstep..."
    Elias suggests. He doesn't know if this would count as saving Hekta's life, but it seems like her life is in danger as long as she carries it around. And even though part of him thinks it would be interesting to watch Hekta being eaten alive by bugs, the rest of him recognizes that it's evil to have those thoughts. And besides, there wouldn't be any Hekta left after that, which would be kind of a downer.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Arkham Hospital]

The sword and demon attacks prove to be totally fruitless! They pass through the creatures as if they were made of mist. And given the way their forms swirl before re-congealing that might actually be a pretty accurate description of them.

Winifred tries her hand at the strange creatures as well, though she's surprised to find that her ghostly weapons are similarly ineffectual!

They don't seem terribly interested in anyone other than Grantz and they pursue him doggedly!

Oh.

And each one of them is a beacon of horrible shrieking insanity attracted by Grantz' divination. Should they seize him they'll begin screaming madness into his mind until he has the good sense to stop throwing around powerful divination in a place that has a few eldritch abominations lurking about.

After a few minutes of harassing Grantz the phantasms will simply lose interest and depart. Probably leaving the demon summoner a bit shaken from the experience.
    ((Just so you know Grantz scan can only be done when uninterrrupted, as soon as an interrruption occurs the scan stops.))

[SRW Plot: Deep tunnel]

A warning?
    "Don't be such a wuss."
    Nothing happens in the tunnel but on the other side is a door, a door powered by electricity.
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-05-31 at 08:39 PM.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Quest- Warehouse]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Irene suddenly switches directions to dart over there. Now that Sophie has him held, she hopes to get close to suck the soul piece right out of him before the robot can realize what's happening.
    The robot is programmed to keep invaders out, and to stun or kill as is necessary. Desist running! It flies after her. She may hear a hum from behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    We'll let you go once my friend gets the piece of her soul back, Sophie says kindly, but firmly.
    Soul? Gawker asks, sounding confused. What are you talking about, lady? The tone in his voice shows little respect as he calls her lady.

[Soul Quest- Market Street -> Warehouse]

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Mikani nods, then hugs Pearl carefully but tightly.
    "Alright. I'll be back as soon as I can, alright?"

...and then she sprints off back in the direction she thinks Irene and Sophie went!
    Mikani will sprint, possibly easily moving through the crowd.

She'll eventually see Sallianne floating in the air, silently tapping her foot on the ether, waiting for either Irene and Sophie to come back out, or Mikani and Pearl to show up.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

[SRW Plot: Deep tunnel]

A warning?
    "Don't be such a wuss."
    Nothing happens in the tunnel but on the other side is a door, a door powered by electricity.
    [SRW Plot: Deep Tunnel]

Where I'm from, spontaneous combustion was a leading cause of death. Mostly because they cured everything else.
    Mark waggles his screwdriver, scanning for where the laser emitters are. Basic question, if the lasers came back on, would Mark and Red be tripping security?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dusty Flagon

"Much obliged." Giving Mr. Poe a nod of thanks, Ray takes whichever glass looks to have more in it and chugs it down, wincing a little as the burning liquid hits his stomach. Much stronger than the water down rubbish he usually drinks. "So, ah, cultists? That would fit with what the guy told me just before he bit the dust. Something about a bunch of hooded clowns holding a meeting right outside this very bar, actually. Can't imagine that's gonna be good for business at all." That's an awfully devious grin Ray's got going on there, and not a very nice one either.

SRW Plot- Ohcrudturrets

Ironically enough, there are times when the only way to survive is to suppress any trace of survival instinct and when the best plan for seeing tomorrow also happens to be the nigh-suicidal one.

Here for instance, instead of trying to retreat or simply freezing and staring in slack-jawed horror at their doom like a deer caught in the headlights as any natural, death-fearing creature might do, the first reaction the triplets have to turrets and gunners sprouting up everyone is simply "Charge".

And that they do. Breaking into a wild run they manage to avoid most of the hail of lasers, bullets and what-not being sent their way, although if someone was watching carefully they might notice One stagger and slow briefly before regaining his stride as a bullet clips across his shoulder. First, in the lead, starts firing back as well, sending a full-auto spray of lead flying in the general direction of the AI gunners.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Mikani will sprint, possibly easily moving through the crowd.

She'll eventually see Sallianne floating in the air, silently tapping her foot on the ether, waiting for either Irene and Sophie to come back out, or Mikani and Pearl to show up.
    And Mikani waves wildly to catch Sallianne's attention!
    "Hey! Which way did they go?" the Magical Girl calls!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Quest- Warehouse]

The robot is programmed to keep invaders out, and to stun or kill as is necessary. Desist running! It flies after her. She may hear a hum from behind her.

Soul? Gawker asks, sounding confused. What are you talking about, lady? The tone in his voice shows little respect as he calls her lady.
    [Soul Quest- Warehouse]

And so Irene tries to pull the soul bit out of the Gawker. She may have a bit of a head start on the robot, most likely able to fly through the boxes and such. But really she just needs the soul piece.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post

Where I'm from, spontaneous combustion was a leading cause of death. Mostly because they cured everything else.
    Mark waggles his screwdriver, scanning for where the laser emitters are. Basic question, if the lasers came back on, would Mark and Red be tripping security?
    "Right, fire usually does insta kill humans."
    Since you are by the door there are no lasers in that area though you may need more than a screwdriver to jumpstart electricity which you manages to bust along with security.

((Well Mia and MDM's turn to post in the turret area i guess but first...!))

[SRW Plot: Intuder Alert!]

Well the three gunners are blazing their guns! Bam the front AI Bot explodes creating smoke which means all ground units are blinded from each other. The turrets up above however now aggroed to the triplets aim at them after their earlier aim at all the intruders. Have fun dodging bullets and lasers!
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

16. - Top - End - #1426

((It is and shouldn't be skipped. Please stay on the 24 hour rule. Meaning if involved person don't post after 24 hour poke them or if able skip them once.

Also what is Gnatz doing? seems like you skipped yourself.))

[SRW Plot: Intuder Alert!]

Mia will after MDM told her hide behind him. The guns will appear right after that. Their bullets don't even seem to cause any harm at MDM, but the lasers will do. So until the fire is focused to the triples the laser will cause two small holes in MDM's Body.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Dwarf in the Playground

[SRW Plot: Intruder Alert]

((Guess I still need to get used to the rules. I think this is the second time Grantz got called Gnatz. i didn't skip myself, I just wanted to go last.))

Well at ground level no one is hitting anyone due to smoke still not clearing and combatants on opposite sides of the smoke. Grantz tries to cast a defensive spell on the triplets so that bullets will only bruise instead of pierce. He only tries to casts it on them since they are in the heat of things.

"Uh, Mia? You're the expert right? Can't you hack these guys like you hacked the box of info?"
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

18. - Top - End - #1428

Master Dahl's Bakery

The demon frowns, "Come on, it's not going to happen for real! It's just lying to us. It was really easy to find it anyway. No one was there." In the room at least. "If it had been like, cursed, why wait all this time huh? Why not have bugs eat me when I touched it? You're just scared." Hekta says, smiling at Elias.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-06-01 at 08:35 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ice Rink? Ice Rink!]

It's a rather wide, flat two-story building.
    No windows anywhere, save on the opening doors leading into a quiet little lobby.

A few people around, but not too many.

One direction leads to a little shop selling skating and hockey apparel, the other leads to the ice rink itself.
    Which is kind of cold.
    But free, as long as you have skates!

Bobbie is lightly swinging a pair of skates by their strings, on one finger, humming away to herself. She didn't really pull them from anywhere, they're just sort of there.
    "Nice fellow at the counter can get you some skates, if you need them!"

And then she bounces off towards the rink door.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ice Rink]

Arel looks after Bobbie for a moment, then directs her attention to the ice and the few other people skating. "That looks... hard." She comments. Look at those tiny little edges they're balancing on.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

"Right, fire usually does insta kill humans."
    Since you are by the door there are no lasers in that area though you may need more than a screwdriver to jumpstart electricity which you manages to bust along with security.

(As I mentioned, it's just called a screwdriver. It's more of an everytool. It is actually used fairly often in advanced electronic repairs at a distance)

Mark attempts to turn the control box back on using the sonic screwdriver while remaining safely on the other side of the security.

(Towards the bottom of this, there's a massive list of things the sonic screwdriver has been used for)

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

[Soul Quest- Warehouse]

[Soul Quest- Warehouse]

And so Irene tries to pull the soul bit out of the Gawker. She may have a bit of a head start on the robot, most likely able to fly through the boxes and such. But really she just needs the soul piece.
    You'll find out soon enough, Sophie says as she keeps him down and waits for Irene to pull the soul piece out.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    And Mikani waves wildly to catch Sallianne's attention!
    "Hey! Which way did they go?" the Magical Girl calls!
    There you are! Sallianne cries. I've had to wait here, while they had all the fun. Follow. And she leads the way to the blackened door. They're in here. and she waits for Mikani to open the door.

[Soul Quest- Warehouse]

The Guardian will try to zap Irene as she starts to run through the first set of boxes. It'll be slightly behind, as it is unable to do the same trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    You'll find out soon enough, Sophie says as she keeps him down and waits for Irene to pull the soul piece out.
    What!? No!! Gawker begins to squirm more, then reaches for Sophie, anywhere he can, to try to pull her off him. It's mine! You can't steal my power!

He begins fighting desperately, and dirty. He may even try to bite her, if he can.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-06-01 at 07:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ice Rink? Ice Rink!]

"Wait, when did you ge..." But Bobbie's already bounced off! How odd.

"Skating for the first time? Usually is." Reinholdt says. Though it'll be his first time ice skating too. Well except for that one time when him, Tobias, the Anarchy squad, and Magler ended up all together as one ice skating totem pole. But that was both highly unintentional and mildly painful when it came to the sudden, and not unexpected stop.

Alas the past is past! Reinholdt heads over to rent ice skates for the two of them with all the money that they don't have. Honestly, they need to have less fun every day. But where's the fun in that?

[Soul Quest- Warehouse]

Well if it tries to zap her as she goes through the first boxes, I imagine the boxes take the blow. Though I don't really know what the zap is comprised of so can't say fully what's what.

But it quickly dawns on Irene that she'll never make it before the robot gets all trigger happy on her and doubles back around briefly to make the robot go the other way before trying to sink straight down into the floor.

Maybe this way she can just float under everything to reach the gawker.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ice Rink? Ice Rink!]

Once they receive their skates, Arel will sit down and struggle with putting them on for a bit. "I think I need help up." She decides after they've been laced up.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Quest- Warehouse]

Well if it tries to zap her as she goes through the first boxes, I imagine the boxes take the blow. Though I don't really know what the zap is comprised of so can't say fully what's what.

But it quickly dawns on Irene that she'll never make it before the robot gets all trigger happy on her and doubles back around briefly to make the robot go the other way before trying to sink straight down into the floor.

It can't go through physical boxes, but it would have affected Irene, if it'd hit her. Guess I should have specified the possible damage.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

There you are! Sallianne cries. I've had to wait here, while they had all the fun. Follow. And she leads the way to the blackened door. They're in here. and she waits for Mikani to open the door.

[Soul Quest- Warehouse]

The Guardian will try to zap Irene as she starts to run through the first set of boxes. It'll be slightly behind, as it is unable to do the same trick.

What!? No!! Gawker begins to squirm more, then reaches for Sophie, anywhere he can, to try to pull her off him. It's mine! You can't steal my power!

He begins fighting desperately, and dirty. He may even try to bite her, if he can.

[Soul Quest- Warehouse]

It can't go through physical boxes, but it would have affected Irene, if it'd hit her. Guess I should have specified the possible damage.

"Sorry!" Mikani apologises to Sallianne. Racing after the pixie, and soon arriving with her at the blackened door!

Where she races up, barely slowing, bounces on one leg for leverage, and kicks out with the other, dead center on the door.

That's...one pretty powerful kick for such a small girl.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pokemon Gym]

This is it. This is what she's been working toward. Becca stands before the doors of the gym, looking up at it. She adjusts her bag on her shoulder and turns to face Shroomy, Phanish, and (presumably) Glamdring. "Alright, this is going to be tough. Gym leaders are some of the toughest trainers around, so we're gonna have to give it everything we got. What do you say?"

"Shroom!" "Phanpy!" Two of the three pokemon reply enthusiastically.

29. - Top - End - #1439

[Pokemon Gymn]

Glamdring?

Oh yes.

Certainly.

He's Becca's slave-warrior after all! He was captured by her and now he's bound to her until her death. That's how these things work. Everyone knows that.

"chaj Hegh DIchDaq qem maH batlh," the adorable Eevee replies in an equally adorable voice. Who knows what he's saying, but it sure does sound cute!

"maH DIchDaq abth Daq chaj 'Iw 'ej 'uQ'a' Daq chaj Qaw'!"

D'aaww....
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-06-01 at 09:45 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pokemon Gym]

"Great!" Not that Becca understood Glamdring at all, but oh well. "Let's go!" The pokemon trainer turns and heads into the gym. Whoo!
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-06-01 at 10:29 PM.