New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Super Robot Wars

Unit Info

{table=head] Unit Name | Pilot Name | Movement Range | No. of Open Slots for Parts | MAX EN |Defenses/Notes
    Hiryu Custom | Mark,Red | 6 | 1 | 330 | The hiryu Custom uses an E-Field to block weak attacks and decrease strong damage taken by 1/4. This uses up 10 EN each time. The unit is capable in all terrains
    Alteisen Riese | N/A | 9 | 2 | 230 | The Tesla Drive attached to this unit is only for balancing the unit. Another Tesla Drive is needed for it to fly.
    Rein Weissritter | Mia, MDM | 8 | 2 | 250 | This unit has the ability to use Double image that activates from time to time to dodge attacks that would normally hit.
    Huckebein MK.III A | Alpha | 6| 2 | 270 | Has a T-Link system that allows it to increase the overall combat abilities of all units with T-Link that is 3 spaces away.
    Huckebein MK.III O| One | 6 | 2 | 270 | Has a T-Link system that allows it to increase the overall combat abilities of all units with T-Link that is 3 spaces away.
    Huckebein MK.III F | first | 6 | 2 | 270 | Has a T-Link system that allows it to increase the overall combat abilities of all units with T-Link that is 3 spaces away.
    Coustwell Brachium | Grantz, Serph | 8 | 2 | 470 | Has the Orgone Cloud that messes with the enemy unit making attacks blockable at times. This uses 20 EN each time activated. The orgone cloud can also teleport making Terrain and enemy blocks useless.
    [/table]

Units Weaponry

Hiryu Custom
    {table=head] Weapon Name | Range | Ammo/Energy | Usable After Moving
    Anti-Air Autocannon | 1-2 | 30 AM | Yes
    Chaff Grenade | 1-6 | 2 AM | No
    Anti-Air Missile | 2-4 | 15 AM | Yes
    Long Range Missile | 1-6 | 10 AM | No
    Dual Beam Cannon | 2-8 | 20 EN | No
    Gravity Cannon | 2-9 | 80 EN | No
    [/table]

Alteisen Riese
    Chain Gun | 2-4 | 15 AM | Yes
    Plasma Horn | 1 | N/A | Yes
    Revolver Bunker | 1-3 | 6 AM | Yes
    Claymore Avalanche | 1-4 | 8 AM | No
    Claymore Overlord | 1 | 2 AM | No
    Rampage Ghost(C) | 1-4 | 80 EN | Yes
    [/table]

Rein Weissritter
    Split Missile | 1-6 | 18 AM | No
    Triple Beam Cannon | 1-5 | 15 AM | Yes
    Howling Rifle B | 2-8 | 12 AM | No
    Howling Rifle E | 3-9 | 20 EN | No
    Howling Rifle X | 1-9 | 50 EN | No
    Rampage Ghost| 1-4 | 80 EN | No
    [/table]

Huckebein MK.III A
    Gatling Gun | 1 | 20 AM | Yes
    Roche Saber | 1-2 | 10 EN | Yes
    Fang Slasher | 1-3 | N/A | Yes
    Graviton Rifle | 2-7 | 10 AM | Yes
    G- Impact Cannon | 1-7 | 40 EN | No
    Ballistic Cannon(C) | 2-9 | 100 EN | No
    [/table]

Huckebein MK.III O
    [/table]

Huckebein MK.III F
    [/table]

[Couswell Brachium]
    Brachium Slash | 1 | N/A | Yes
    Brachium Shot | 1-2 | 10 EN | Yes
    Brachium Blow | 1-3 | 30 EN | Yes
    Brachium Finish| 2-7 | 40 EN | Yes
    [/table]

Enemy Info

{table=head] Unit Name | Pilot Name | Movement Range | No. of Open Slots for Parts | MAX EN |Defenses/Notes
    Flagship | ?? | 6 | 1 | 200 | Uses an E- field system that weakens attacks to 3/4 of the damage at the cost of 10 EN.
    Gespenst MK.II | ?? | 6 | 4 | 100 | Flying unit
    Lion | ?? | 8 | 3 | 120 | Flying unit
    Guarlion| ?? | 7| 3 | 150 | Flying unit
    [/table]

Enemy Weaponry

Flagship
    Anti-Air Missile | 2-4 | 15 AM | Yes
    Long Range Missile | 1-6 | 10 AM | No
    Beam Cannon | 2-8 | 30 EN | No
    [/table]

Gespenst MK.II
    Split Missile | 1-6 | 12 AM | No
    Plasma Sword | 1-2 | 5 EN | Yes
    Jet Magnum | 1-2 | 10 EN | Yes
    [/table]

Lion
    Autocannon | 1-2 | N/A | Yes
    Burst Railgun | 2-7 | 10 EN | No
    Divine Blade | 1 | 30 EN | Yes
    [/table]

Guarlion
    Autocannon | 1-3 | 20 AM | Yes
    Burst Railgun | 2-7 | 10 AM | No
    Divine Blade | 1 | N/A | Yes
    Sonic Breaker| 1-3 | 30 EN | Yes
    [/table]

Seishins
    All pilots have pilot skills. Enemies do not have this except for a few boss units. You can only choose six seishins and everyone has 100SP to spend per battle. You can only cast each seishin once per turn. Here are the available seishins.

Accel(5SP)- Move an additional 3 spaces.
    Alert(10SP)- Dodge the next attack.
    Strike(15SP)- All your attacks this turn will hit.
    Wall(15SP)- The next attack does no damage to you.
    Valor(40SP)- Your next attack will deal over double the amount of damage.
    Assail(25SP)- All your attacks are usable even after moving.
    Guts(40SP)- I'm not sure how this is scientifically possible but your mech will regain all HP lost.
    Soul(80SP)- Your next attack comes from your very soul! Over 3x the usual damage(decided in IC)
    Break(20SP)- Your next attack ignores all special defenses.
    Zeal(50SP)- You can act once more this turn.

MAPS
    Since I would have to play multiple stages in the game to get screenshots of the map and I can;t find any on the internet, I will simply put up a grid per battle. In the grid i will state important things like bases and obstacles, units and enemy units and the like. Hopefully this won't disappoint to much as I have made the players wait awhile. On another note this will be player phase and then enemy phase if that is ok if not feel free to suggest with everyone.

((If I missed anything or you have any questions please PM me or post it in the Nexus OOC))
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-06-18 at 02:40 AM.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Super Robot Wars

[SRW: The Foe Appears!]

The alarm from the base sounds off. It can be heard throughout the whole place from the docking bay up to the hangar. The AI from the Hiryu Custom links up the mothership and all the active mechs and shows them a visual of the outside. There a number of these,

Spoiler
    Show

that are known, from the ship's database, as Gespenst MK. IIs. Further away from the base behind the multitude of Gespensts are two of these,

Spoiler
    Show

that are known, also from the ship's database as Guarlions. They seem to be the command units of the force attacking the base.

Battle Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Briefing
    Each block represents a unit. If the borders are black then the unit is a friendly, if the borders are gray then the unit is hostile. The colors inside the unit represent what mech it is. The gray one is the Hiryu Custom, Blue is Mia and MDM, Green is Grantz and Serph, Dark Red is Alpha, Light Red is First, Orange is One, the Gespensts are brown, and the Dark Blue are Guarlions.

((Unfortunately, as I am starting to hate inkscape, this grid is as good as i can make it. My X and Y axis also ended up as numbers and letters.

Also you may have read in the OP about the seishins/pilot skills. Mechs who have two pilots inside whether its an alter ego or robot that is acting as armor or sharing command of a mothership, will have two sets of skills. One for each pilot.))

Grantz launches out into the field. The controls are still alien to him but it looks like he can do this. On his sides he sees his companions, or at least hope, launching as well to repel the attack.

"Hey Serph, think we can do this?"
    "The controls are alien to be blunt but we can't die here."

Over at the Hiryu Custom where Red is. As per Col' Mark's orders the ship has launched. With the help of the ship's AI the controls are of little difficulty, all that remains is the Col.'s and the Capt.'s skills.
    "Col. Mark, will i have to keep calling you that?, about 36 enemy units have been spotted! None in range yet."
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-06-20 at 07:04 AM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Mark is acceptable.

Mark aims to bring the ship to (6, L), which should bring (8, I) into range of the Anti-Air Missile. Assuming no misunderstanding (I believe they are all airborne, or else I'm pulling out trigonometry for the ranges. And yes, I've done that before), Mark fires the missiles at (8, I).
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

The triplets head out of the hanger, still bumping into each other and stumbling about as they get a feel for the controls. Still, complete lack of expertise isn't about to stop them from throwing around as much firepower as they possibly can.

The moment the enemies come into range Alpha raises his G- Impact Cannon, opening fire on the unfortunate mook occupying I9 on the grid. One and First join in with their graviton rifles, both aiming at H8.

Time to see what these mechs can do.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #5

Well Mia is quiet good in controlling the robot. seems like she did something simular. Since she has no real choice she shoots a Howling Rifle E at the enemy on H8 let's just hope they aren't so well.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hiryu Custom

The Ship moves closer to the foes.
    "Firing Long range Missile!"
    The AI is ordered to fire at coordinates (8,I). The AI replies
    "There is no foe in those coordinates. The Anti-Air Missile cannot reach said coordinates. Anti-Air Missiles on standby."

(The nearest foe is at (8,H) and (9,I) also the Anti-Air Missile reaches up to only four spaces. At present no foe is within reach. Whenever attacking diagonally think one block diagonal is two counts of range.)

Huckebeins

The Huckies choose to stay in their starting area and fire from far away. Alpha in the front decimates the Gespenst MK. II in (9, I) 230 EN remaining. Though one can use this powerful weapon as long as there is EN, the move is quite taxing to the pilot as the pilot will have to control the strong force of the energy burst. Then again that is up to the pilot.

First and One use the Graviton Rifles on the Gespenst MK. II on (8,H). First being in range hits the target and it blows up 9 AM remaining. One being completely out of range misses and his round dissipates on air 9 AM remaining.

Rein Weissritter

With the target decimated already by First's attack. The Howling Rifle E hits the remains of the unit that just exploded and made the remains nothing more than little metallic dust in the air. Though one can use this powerful weapon as long as there is EN, the move is quite taxing to the pilot as the pilot will have to control the strong force of the energy burst. Then again that is up to the pilot.

Coustwell Brachium

Grantz uses the Accel Seishin (95/100SP) to increase his movement range by three one time. Grantz moves the unit (5,F) putting him within melee range of 2 units. Serph uses the Strike Seishin (85/100SP) to make all his hits accurate for awhile. Grantz aatacks the unit on (5, E) with a Brachium Finish. The onslaught of melee blows, punches and kicks, destroys the foe. Though one can use this powerful weapon as long as there is EN, the move is quite taxing to the pilot as the pilot will have to control the strong force of the energy burst. Then again that is up to the pilot.

Are you alright Grantz?
    "Yeah, I am. That move is tiring though. I should probably only use it on the tougher foes until I get used to it."

Enemy Turn

Spoiler
    Show

(Just so you know, when you are attacked you can choose to dodge, counterattack or defend. Just like reacting in a normal IC thread then post what your action on on player turn in one post just separate the paragraph the actions are in.)

Four Gespents MK. II converge on Grantz and..... does nothing. This does make him unable to move anywhere else. The four take a defensive posture.

The two Gespensts MK. II near the Hiryu use their Jet magnum on the ship. This puts electricity in three stakes in the units arm then the unit speeds up to punch the ship making impact and electricity on the stakes. The unit on (8,H) uses the split missile. The split missile launches two missile pods on the unit's back that flies to the target. 1/3 of the way the missile pod will open to launch smaller missiles that will do damage if it hits the target.

The five units move closer to the team and do not attack while the most numerous of the foes near the command units seem to be on standby.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

7. - Top - End - #7

Okay, that's... Weird. Enemies surrounding the triplets on all sides but none attacking.

Sort of freaking them out.

Pulling back a step into N,8 and mashing at the controls, Alpha manages to activate his mecha's gattling gun and unleash a spray of bullets at the opposing 'bot in N,A.

Meanwhile, One finds his fang slasher, furiously attacking the Gespenst in front of him as First circles round to P,B joining in the assault with his own slashed.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Notice

((I didn't really put up the ammo and EN of the grunts as they are likely to die before using all that up. It would also be nice if you guys keep track of your EN and ammo.

For the response, I believe it would be wise if I replied per attack so as to avoid accidentally attacking a fallen foe like what happened with Alpha and Mia. I will however only post map stuff every enemy turn.

Any complaints/suggestions?))

Battle

Hmmm... If one is observant they'd notice that the units are slowly gunning for the mothership instead of attacking them all. I wonder why?

The gatling misses the target as the unit decides to evade. The fang slasher used by One is weakened by the unit defending which, by the looks of it, halfway destroys it, almost. The other Fang Slasher missed as he just saw one earlier. Being in close range he retaliates with a Jet magnum.

EDIT

nevermind doing counterattacks. Alies and enemies, no counterattack when attacked just say whether the unit defended or dodged or took damage.
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-06-29 at 05:46 AM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

9. - Top - End - #9

To Note

((I don't think it's a good idea when you post every time. Makes it hard to see what you chars do and all. Go like I do in RotRL. Everyone makes his post and if someone targets an enemy that was killed just try to give it a new target. After all I couldn't know if the triples attack destroy the enemies or not.))

Battle

Well Mia does seem to see there goal.

"Mark. Bring the Ship out of the fight. Your their main target."

Then she use her Howling Rifle E against the enemy K6.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

[OOC Discussion]

I don't think it's a big deal. Battles are frantic, things like that happen. I would like to request that you include the key (colors to characters) with the map on each repost. Makes it easier when it's all in one place.

Does energy recharge? If so, how quickly?

Note: The following text block should not be read in an angry/annoyed tone. Just making sure that is clear (text has disadvantages)

Also, when something like my previous post happens, I think it's fairly clear that it was me that goofed, not Mark. I slipped over a space when figuring out where the enemies were, and didn't know how you did diagonals (I went with the DnD version of the even numbers counting as 2 and odd numbers counting as 1, which put that space in range, if only just). These aren't mistakes the characters (or at least, Mark) would make, and it causes a player misunderstanding to reflect badly on the character.

That said...

[Battle]

Mark brings the shields online to absorb the hits.
    Yeah, I noticed that now Mia.
    If the weapons that are usable after moving are also usable before moving, Mark will fire the AA Autocannons at K6 (the one below him, in case I misread the map again) before bring the ship to P8 (right behind First, I believe). Otherwise, he just moves.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC Discussion

Yeah guess it does make sense to do it Runelord style. I'll remember to include the keys so that players will have an easier time to see who is who. I know BB just got back and was able to post making it my turn but I'm tired. I was up till 3am ,and didn't know I even fell asleep till I woke up just now ,so if its ok with you guys I'll post the enemy moves in a few hours or tomorrow?

Yeah sorry about that one BB.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

[OOC Discussion]

No problem, just one of my more major pet peeves. Used to happen every other post with a fellow named Draken.

Also, I understand Serph and Grantz are one person. But one thing I'm still not clear on is if there is one body or two. They seem to be acting separately (or getting a double action).

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC Discussion

I guess I'll elaborate more on Seishins. Seishins or Pilot skills come from the mind. So Serph and Grantz who are a separate consciousness has different sets of Pilot skills.

Each pilot skill can only be used once per turn but if you have enough SP then you can use what is available in your set. e.g.

Grantz(40/100SP) Serph(50/100SP)

Grantz uses accel and then tries to use valor but this doesn't work as that would take 45 SP which he doesn't have. Serph uses Valor and alert which works as he has enough SP. So this is a great advantage for units that have more than one mind in them.

The Hiryu Custom gets three sets of Pilot Skills as inside is the AI, Mark and Red. The rein Weissritter gets two as Mia and MDM are inside. And Coustwell Brachium gets 2 sets as well due to Grantz and Serph being there.

Lastly, can I count on you guys tracking your own EN and ammo?

Huckebeins

The result was already posted earlier.

Rein Weissritter

Oh! Something unexpected happens! The attack is dodged! How rare for grunts one after the other to survive after being targeted for more than one turn.

Hiryu Custom

As attacking ends one turn the ship simply moves towards its destination.

Coustwell Brachium

"Well this sucks." Grantz says as he pounds his fist on the wall of his cockpit.
    "Worry about our allies later and focus on the foes surrounding us." Serph can't really do anything physical as he is only there mentally.

Grantz uses a Brachium Blow on the unit on his left but due to it defending it still has 1/3 HP left.
    Enemy Turn

The enemy positions itself like so.
    Spoiler
    Show

The ones with a black border are your allies.
    Gray-Hiryu Custom(AI, Mark, Red)
    Blue-Rein Weissritter(Mia MDM)
    Green- Coustwell Brachium(Grantz, Serph)
    Dark Red- Huckebein MK. III A (Alpha)
    Light Red- Huckebein MK. III F (First)
    Orange- Huckebein MK. III O (One)

The ones with a gray borderline are your foes
    Brown- Gespensts
    * the Gespenst at (o,9) is damaged halfway to destruction
    Blue- Guarlions

The one with a yellow borderline is an NPC Ally

The four units near Grantz attacks him with a Jet magnum. Being surrounded, he has no choice but to Block. With that he suffers little damage and still has 9/10 of his HP left.

The six units around the Hiryu Custom and Alpha's unit attack the Ship with Jet magnums.

The five units to the left of First do nothing except the nearest one that uses a jet magnum.

As the remaining units that were idle started to move a unit appears out of nowhere.

Spoiler
    Show

A voice is heard throughout the area. How that is heard when everyone is in a robot is a mystery. Comm systems?

"I am Sanger Zonvolt! The sword that smites Evil!"

With amazingly fast speed that is barely seen by the eye he goes through the gespensts once on the other side He flicks his gigantic sword and all the gespensts explode.

"Huh!? tch! I must take my leave."

With that the map now looks like this.

Spoiler
    Show

I hope you guys don't find this boring. This is just to get a feel of the battle system.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

14. - Top - End - #14

EN 210/250
    AM ???/???
    SP 100/100
    ((As far as I can see there isn#t AM mentioned anywhere so I don't know how many I got or not thats why I didn't use AM weapons so far.

After all Mia understands what may have happened and changes her weapon. Since the enemies are in low range she goes with a Howling Rifle X aiming at the taget on O7.

Eh just in case could you describe the wepons more? I'm not sure how much damage they should cause or if they should hit a line or so otherwise it will just go as it does now taget and weapon and thats it... Also I still remember MDM is more like a Pet to Mia then a independent being. Thats also the reason he will not leave her if possible.