New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    Eadin sure looks a bit scared. A little "Eeeeep" can be heard as the dragon lifts off.
    She'll relax after a bit, and enjoy the sights.
    "Ooooh, what's that mountain?"

Then she sees the dragons. "More dragons? How many of those live here?"
    Vroen
    "It never really got a name, though most people call it The Peak!"
    "And there's tons of dragons here! This is the place where wild dragons live!"

And then her dragon does a barrel roll.
    "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #32

Vroen

Oh god not a barrel roll "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"
    Deep breaths.

"So there are a lot of dragons here? Never seen so many before.."
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

3. - Top - End - #33

Vroen
    "Yep! Though I'd have to show you the Epic of Eragon to explain why in depth! The short version is, this human named Eragon at the end of the Age of Gallabatorix was the last free dragon rider, and he found a ton of dragon eggs that were hidden on the rider's last island. He then brought them here over the seas where all future dragon riders have been trained since!"
    Then, Elorind banks left around a large tower where a dwarf and an elf wave to them.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Thessaloniki- Gates; Atop An APC

Narahar's on top of one again, being shot at by somebody. He is hit in the shoulder and knocked back, though not quite off. He dashes forward, just faster than he should be moving, and swings his sickle at the soldier's head.

The triplets miss, although one shot is very narrow. He's moving rather fast, after all.

((I'm not sure who's playing the soldier, nor how they are equipped, but Narahar has a magic bronze sickle that has a blade as hard as steel and causes Narahar to move faster the more blood it drinks- Narahar triggered it by slicing his hand open.))
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-04-16 at 03:17 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Caves of Virtue]

Spec's heart rate is temporarily elevated to a pace much faster than it usually would be. Apart from that affliction and an odd few nasty bruises, nothing is wrong with her at all.

"I'm fine, but oh gods, Trium. Don't scare me like that again. I thought you might've been crushed."

Spec was deeply concerned over Trium's health and welfare! D'aw!

Spec gazes off into the darkness, her attention drawn to the torches arrayed about the chamber.

"Um... Trium? I don't think we're supposed to be here."
    Trium laughs slightly, gently hugging her girlfriend.

"I'm harder to kill than that, dear. And I feel the need to point out that I didn't exactly choose to collapse the cave entrance."

And then the immortal's attention is drawn to the torches as well!

"That would be a fair guess..."
    , she admits, frowning, and reaching out to prod at the head of one, so that her fingers can (hopefully) eat a bit of it and say what, if any, flammable substance besides the wick went into making them.

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    [Outside Trog's Tavern]
    Talnissa
    Spoiler
    Show

An explosion of icicles and wild magic brings screams from the surrounding slaves, followed by many blood splatters and much chaos.

They're in a field, so there isn't much 'plant life'... save the grass under their feet, which seems to be shifting unpleasantly, making awful squelching noises and lapping up the spilt blood.

The wild magic doesn't have many targets present actually, except for the remaining slaves. Between the spell and the leaked magic - which seems to be mutating the people as well - the only survivor out of the slaves is the young lizardfolk woman. She's impaled through the tail by an icicle, but had sought refuge behind a deceased friend and made it through with only discomfort, horror and a hole in her tail.

Kremiir, believing he's more or less killed everyone present, turns with a smile on his furred face and proceeds to make his way back to his brother, slow going in the deep snow. The storm begins to lessen.
    Talnissa would normally try to get a shot off at his back as he goes, once she's stood back up. But not now; she has more pressing matters to deal with than killing Kremiir, such as going over to the lizardfolk woman, and trying to heal her. At least, heal her of the physical injuries. The rest will probably take considerably longer, and now's not really the time for such things.

After that, if it worked, she turns her attention to the battlefield, magically searching for any gnoll corpses that are still in reasonable shape for resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    The Wall - Belly of the Beast

Change. Change is nothing new to Needs Food Badly. The MagWizard has been there, done that, and then used the poisonous chaos energies radiating out from his body to make himself a shoggoth-meat sandwich. Needs once had an intense debate with Nyarlathotep on the proper way to put toilet paper on a dispenser (Needs claimed that horizontal and overhand was the only way, whereas Nyarl advocated a constant state of quantum uncertainty). To say that Needs is highly attuned to Chaos is a severe understatement.

Speaking of change, NFB has absolutely no intention of staying in this form. Nope, not if it means being digested horribly. He instead sprouts a trio of plant-like stalks, rising up like some sort of bean plant accelerating from seed to malevolent bloom in moments. Those orange stalks try to work their way in, through, and around the beast, punching holes in its belly if it can, spreading as fast as it can, and generally doing its best to weaken its adversary to a near-death state, as that would make corrupting the thing into a proper receptacle for NFB's brand of taint much easier.
    Punching through the thing's belly is pretty tough. It is, after all, designed to be able to swallow live prey if need be, and thus has some rather heavily reinforced guts. However, after the minute or so - assuming Needs is still not too terribly harmed by his immersion in strong acid - that it takes, progress speeds up a fair bit, though it'll still take around five more minutes to get the Siphon near death; if Needs is able to survive its stomach that long, it can be altered as he chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Thessaloniski - The Wall

Those watching the Blood-Thief will see him(or her? Did the Blood-thief even have a gender?) crumple into a ball and feel a massive static charge around them. The person's legs lengthen and there's a cracking sound as a new joint is added, and tufts of fur raise from the Blood-Thief's back, bursting through their clothing. His ears lengthen and turn floppy, and a pair of long and sharp teeth grow at the front of his mouth.

The Blood-Thief's soul and mind will feel itself pushed back, deep within the recesses of the body as a strange entity takes control. The Daemon within has a mean-streak a mile wide, huge sharp and pointy teeth, and can leap...

Well, just look at it!

The Daemon of Caerbannog opens the eyes of it's new host and gives a grin before getting to it's much larger and stronger feet. It's finally felt freedom for the first time in several millennium and it wouldn't waste it. Smelling prey nearby, the Daemonhost leaps at the nearest person, large and pointy fangs aiming straight for their neck. The fangs themselves seem wrapped in dark energies, allowing it to puncture most armors.

"SKREEEEEEE!!!!"

[The Wall - Warped by the Warp]

The nearest person is probably the Bloodthief's sister, Ythanril.

Whether or not the attack succeeds depends on whether or not her above-human - on the level of someone with decent but not great cybernetics to enhance them - reflexes are enough for her to spin to face the Daemonhost leaping for her and get the claws on her right hand up in such a way that he'll most likely get driven onto them by his momentum. And whether or not that's enough to actually make him at least slow enough that she'll have a chance to react further, of course. If either of those aren't the case, she'll get her throat ripped out, or whatever else it plans on doing with those fangs.

Meanwhile, the other Bloodthieves are quickly backing off, to give the hovering Drakes a clearer shot.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-04-16 at 04:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

Thessaloniki - Strike Force APC

Teq is here, but he can do little to help the fight for now. So he stands tall, readies his cloaked weapon, and waits.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #37

[Dipsnig and Co]

"Oh no doubt. The Legion are no slouches," Hood guy confirms. "It'll be guarded. But their attention is elsewhere and they probably won't expect a counter-attack. We should be arriving shortly."

Woosh goes the transport!

[Thessaloniki - Bathouse]

Given the way the Wyvern is clinging to the wall hitting the monster in the belly is pretty hard. And the thing has a pretty solid cuirass, so the belly isn't exactly a weak point.

When the dagger is thrown the monster leaps off the wall at Wendy, the weapon lodging between the pair of joints and finding flesh. Might make it a bit hard for the creature to turn until he gets that dagger out of there.

Regardless the Wyvern aims to pounce right on top of Wendy, using one set of claws to grab him by the face and the other to clamp around the blade of his sword.

And then it gets shot in the side of the head, staggering it slightly! Might make the pounce easier to avoid.

[Thessaloniki - Museum of History]

The lights inside the Museum are a bit dim and flickery since the main source of power to the city was cut. However the building has enough natural light to make navigating it easy enough. At least on the upper public levels.

Who knows if the looters have gotten down into the vault!

Eighty shuffles along somewhat awkwardly in a fashion reminiscent of a huge grounded bat. It's all a show of course. The Wyverns can still book it pretty fast on the ground, but their clumsy looking strides suggest otherwise.

"It's okay if you talk," Eighty pipes up after a few moments of walking. "It's best if the looters know we're here so they don't get surprised. If they're surprised they might damage something or start shooting."

And that would be terrible!

The Wyvern glances tentatively back at the youth. Specifically at his weapon. "Have... umm... have you ever killed someone before?"

[Thessaloniki - The Walls]

If Rebo's memory of super sheep is accurate the critters are absurdly slow and unwieldy. But apparently this one isn't for some reason? And 45 happens to be quite some distance away. He'll take a pot-shot at the sheep with his rail-gun, but when he sees that he can't hit the thing he'll instead opt to out-run it.

The Wyvern drops into a power-dive toward the earth below!

[Thessaloniki - The Gates]

Wow! Lotsa stuff going on here!

Alright. Solider shooting at the priest. He gets his neck cut. It's pretty horrible.

The back of the transport clomps open and more soliders disembark, training their weapons on this really fast guy! Pew pew, bullets!

The tank, meanwhile, shoots a chunk out of the wall. The wall of the city is absurdly thick and takes the shell like a boss. A guy on a nearby roof, meanwhile, fires an anti-take RPG at the tank. And we're not talking role playing games here.

With their entry way blocked several transports stop outside the wall and send soldiers to press forward! It'll be a bloody uphill battle.

[Thessaloniki - Toward the Palace]

The party draws near now! Several guards will stop them from getting too close with a call of, "Halt!"

[Slaanish and Sixteen]

"We should have medics available inside the city. And we are quite close at this point," Sixteen replies as she focuses her gaze on the wall. "It would appear our enemies have their attention focused on those already inside and on the main gate."

Sounds like a great time to scale the wall!

Sneak sneak sneak!

Toward the city she goes, stealthing as she runs.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-18 at 07:06 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Thessalonki Gates

The missile smashes against the force-field around the massive tank. The field shimmers before flickering out for a few seconds. If the force-field takes too much damage it will fail completely, leaving the tank only protected by it's plate armor. The soldier who fired might suddenly be blown apart as a missile blasts out the side of the tank, it flies up his direction. Marciano giggles inside. He was thoroughly enjoying himself. The tank had all sorts of fun stuff, like a "giant laser thingy", in Marciano's words. The large gun shifts into a massive laser cannon. It fires at the wall and should melt the very walls! Marciano howls, Bahahaaha!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

[Outside Trog's Tavern]

Kale, Sleet and Marty:

Kordak wipes the red-tinged snow off his muzzle. “Cute.” Pretty good aim too as he’d been pacing. Although by the look of the elf - most likely disoriented from those wounds, and reeking so badly of liquor he could smell him from there - it was most likely a lucky shot.

As Kale finishes speaking, every gnoll in the circle begins to mutter. All in that guttural gnoll language of course, so no help there, but the manner in which Kordak is suddenly looking around, his twitching ears and the irritated look on his face are all indications that they’re speaking of insubordination.

"What makes you think I care about honor?" He hisses in reply.

The answer from that comes immediately from Sleet, who's hand is cupping the wound on her cheek, keeping the flap of skin in place. She's ignoring Marty for now. He's managed to fish a healing potion out of her pocket without being seen, so he doesn't need her attention. “That’s was essentially a dominance challenge, Kordak.”

He had already recognized it for that. Her pointing it out so blatantly to all the gnolls present who may not have noticed, only fueled his irritation.

As the pack leader and alpha male, he couldn’t afford to not accept the challenge. If he declines, he loses control of the pack. If he accepts and loses, then even if he doesn’t die he loses control. And at the sight of strong Grendar, limping across the snow towards him, leaving a trail of crimson and whimpering like a kitten, he decides a different course of action would be better.

“I don’t understand you, Elf.” He sighs eventually, after the muttering has begun to die down. “There is no reason for you to be here. These slaves are no concern of yours. Most have fled. The rest are dead. With few exceptions the only three left are my prisoners here.” He gestures to them. Guess that makes Drift a prisoner too, then. He doesn't look very happy at that notion.

“I’ll make you a few offers, Elf. Pick from them, and I implore you to pick well. It's your only chance to walk away.”

“The first option is you continue with this suicide run, I best you in combat and you become my newest champion slave, losing the skin off your back for what you’ve cost me here today.” His paw curls for a moment around the whip at his side.

“The second is you simply walk away. You keep your freedom, your dignity, your life. Indeed, I can’t see why you haven’t already. Why should you risk slavery for them? What are they to you? Friends? Allow me to doubt that. Drunk, violent, unkempt, you don't look capable of keeping many friends.”

“Or of course, I’m willing to trade them to you. I am a slave ‘dealer’ after all. If you have the gold, you can simply take them from me. It would be better to trade them than keep them anyways, as their insolence will cost them their tongues. Chopping off body parts seems to lower the value of a slave. But buy them, and spare them that if it's such a concern of yours, and they'd be your problem instead. You could do what you see fit with them.” Which would probably include just freeing them, but that he could live with if he makes a profit out of this.

-----
    AM4:

AM4 could witness the above as he stumbles across the encampment. However they're a ways away from him as he can finally spot them through the snow, and he may possibly miss most of the dialogue, making Kordak's frustrated movements seem comedic, and the gnolls look like schoolgirls as they chatter quietly between themselves.

A greater gnoll is making his way back to the camp, and almost runs directly into him as he was walking backwards and surveying the damage. It's Kremiir, fresh back from killing (or so he believes) Talnissa and some slaves.

For a moment he doesn't even recognize the robot as an enemy, it's so splashed with blood and obscured in snow. But then... "Hey, aren't you... FIREBALL!" At such a close range the idiotically-cast spell explodes on him too, but it was purely reaction and at least he has the spell defenses.

-----
    Talnissa:

Well the battle's certainly taken it's toll on this slave. As Talnissa approaches her, she flinches away for a moment, her hand rising to the hilt of one of the daggers on her belt. But then, she's not a gnoll, is she? No, no, that is most definitely not the face of a hyenid.

Many years in the Pits has steeled her somewhat, and she manages to push the horror of the day aside for now. She gratefully accepts the healing. As Talnissa looks around though, she casts her eyes fearfully around the field. She knew that dead slave. He'd shared the bread with her that week when food was in shorter supply than usual. She knew that one too. She'd taught her how to steal better weapons from the armory. And that one had always had a joke no matter the situation. And that one had-

Oh Andaress, And that one, and that one....

I don't know your name. She says quietly. I don't know who or what you are, only that I believe I owe you my life... and that I'm going to betray you by leaving now. I- I would fight the gnolls with you, but I would die at their claws, and I don't... I can't...

On a slightly lighter and yet somehow more morbid note however, the field is littered with corpses. While most have been ripped to shreds or the like, I'm sure a couple would be in good enough repair for resurrection into, I'm guessing, an undead form.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Thessaloniki Walls

"Stop that tank!" Felis says to Zefir, pointing to Marciano's tank.

Sister, enemies approach the palace. Get our Uncle to safety! he tells her, and he looks for a safer place than the Walls from which he can continue to be the eyes for the battle.

Thessaloniki Palace

"Uncle, we must get you to safety. At least you should not be where they will look for you," Vita says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Outside the Palace

Flarg stops and cracks his neck. He has a thin grey smoke emanating from him Always nice to recharge the batteries. he says, letting loose a shadow sparrow to fly around and scout the surrounding area. Unless someone teleports in Flarg should know if an enemy is heading towards the palace.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

12. - Top - End - #42

[Thessaloniki - The Walls]

Rebo is right, they normally aren't that fast. Still I seem to made it faster then it is. For the movement having a 3D area makes things very easy. (Also I saw videos of guys flying small Mazes with a sheep).

Zefir looks annoyed at Felis. Do that Do that... Zefir really get's annoyed by this guy. He presses a button on his headset and then graps into his bag of endless boom.

The sheep immediately changes directions heading for Marciano's tank. It won't reach him this post, but it comes from behind.

Zefir on the Wall takes a look at the tank. Taking the distance and the conditions. He takes a few steps back and then runs against the edge of the wall throwing out a green coloured grenade. His aiming is very good since this is his main ability. The grenade will explode on the shield (perfect timed) if it hits.It will leave a bowl of acid which should damage the forcefield constantly.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Cave

Marty moves the handkerchief to his chest's large wound. He futilely tries to stem the blood in a pathetic attempt. The handkerchief is just covered with blood. Marty has absolutely no idea what to do, or even where he is now...all he knows is that there are gnolls...and Sleet....and the weird drow thing....and he's so tired! The cold is numbing....his blood is chilled. Marty slowly shuts his eyes; Not dead yet, but definitely on his way. I d-don't...w-where...I thin....oh....so c-c-cold....I d-don't....

14. - Top - End - #44

Vents

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Our intrepid MagClone team's leader peers out from behind the impromptu mobile shield in

"Crap, elves. You have a solution, colonel?"

The brute force third of the Mystery Meat squad shakes his head, his beefy arms starting to struggle under the weight of the large chunk of transport armor he's carrying.

"We've just about used up all of the surprise our unorthodox tactic may have provided, sir. I'm going to drop the shield, we can hold out behind it until the wall defenses have thinned enough to provide a better opening."

"Better idea. You drop the shield, I provide suppressive from behind and you-"

THUNK! A huge chakram lodges itself in that chunk of armored transport, punching about halfway through and mere inches away from stabbing Roose in the face. The two immediately hit the ground and cover behind it.

"Crap. This would all be going a lot better if we had our wildcard with us."

Indeed, it would be. I'm sure Needs Food Badly will catch up with them soon enough, though!

The two Ice Elves close in. Sevran unhooks another chakram, hurling it at the cowering MagClones' cover. They split as they draw close. Moon Called darts right, Sevran goes left. As Moon Called gets close she twists so that she's running side-ways. She rams into the front-right Roosevelt's makeshift shield, ploughing into it with the not unimpressive combined weight of her armour and sword.
    Regardless of how this effects the two MagClones, Sevran is there on the other side at almost the exact same time. He raises his longsword high, slashing out at HazMag. The gold that runs through the blade like rivers flares, blazing with the light of a star.

Meanwhile, while the tank focuses its efforts on taking down the walls, a third ice elf is being sneaky. Well, as sneaky as someone in plate armour can be. Which is still much sneakier than a tank. Keval slips into the shadows, darting around until he's standing behind the tank. The armour should be much thinner there. Once he's in position, Keval slams a new bolt into his crossbow and pulls the cord back until it clicks into the notch. He drops to one knee, brings the crossbow up to eye level and fires the bolt at the tank.
    The bolt behaves just the same as the last one he fired. It streaks through the air, it's normal whistle masked by the fury of combat. It hits the tank - or it's force-field, whatever solid force it comes against - with the force of a car, and shatters. The liquid inside it is exposed to the air and blooms into a massive flower of smoke and fire.

Museum

Oh. Well then. That answered that question.

Sammy follows behind Eighty. He's much less intimidating - just a kid in baggy clothes. He doesn't even compare with the massive war-machine in front of him. "Oh. Okay," he says. Once they enter the building, he reaches up to his eyes to take off his goggles, before realizing that he wasn't wearing them anymore. Right. His hand falls back down to his side. His gaze falls, too, when Eighty asks him her question.
    "Um. Well, no. I guess not," he admits. "But I know how to use it. I've had to shoot animals and stuff."

Palace

Tavish leads the party up to the guards. Upon request she comes to a halt, holding out a hand for the others to stop behind her.
    "Tavish Drastasri and Mallod Serresri of the Sabertooths." The glaive-weilding warrior points at herself, then Mallod, as she introduces them. Not knowing the spell-caster's name, she leaves him to introduce himself. "We're here to help defend the palace."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

[Outside Trog's]

AM4 barely has time to react before being hit, the force of the blast throwing the magitech machine with a giant's strength until gravity slams the creature of bronze and Ether into the snow-cowered ground next to the prisoners.

After a few moments of lying prone in the melting snow, the automaton slowly stands back up. Although the ball of flames clealry did not further AM4's repair, the robot seems to only have lost the battered coat it wore. Metal and Etheral crystal burn only relucantly.

"R-Reguesting permis-s-sion to return f-fire."

AM4 says, twitching ever so slightly while turning to face Drift.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

[Thessaloniki - Bathouse]

The pounce isn't really all that hard to avoid because Wenomir falls back on his emergency "get out of trouble" button, which is to say he uses his magitech belt to teleport a few meters back right as the wyvern pounces on him, then immediately charge and try to bring his sword down on the wyvern's head, or whatever part he can reach. If the head is within the reach of his sword, he'll try to drive it through the creature's eye.

[Dipsnig & Co]

Dipsnig nods and falls silent, waiting for them to reach their destination.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Thessaloniki Gate- Atop an Armoured Personnel Carrier

Narahar tries dumping the corpse out of the way and climbing into the APC through the hatch it fired from. He'll need to find where people are inside, and that's a moment of vulnerability.

18. - Top - End - #48

Gnoll Encampment

Kale tries not to lose what little calm he has left as the alpha gnoll's glare settles upon him and the others all around begin to chatter in their strange dog-language. Elders this was a terrible idea. The only one he could think of at the time, yes, but still damn stupid of him.

There's not much he can do but wait as the gnolls talk amongst them, staring back at Korlak with as much defiance as he can muster. That at least Kale remembered about wolves. Don't take your eyes off them or they'll sense weakness. He nods along as Sleet clarifies the challenge for him, and then Korlak begins to speak...

Presumably the giant canid is trying to scare him into backing down, or at least shatter his confidence, but surprisingly, it has the opposite effect. Kale's been in plenty of fights, brawls and dust-ups in his life, even if none of them were this bloody or for such high stakes. Enough to recognize when someone's trying to back out of a fight with a bunch of fancy words. Enough to see that on some level the big wolf is actually scared

Maybe even more scared than he is. And that's a pretty damn encouraging thought. "I don't haveta explain myself to the likes of you, an I ain't about to turn back now either, so shut yer yap, you mangy, flea-bitten mutt." Kale snaps in reply, shifting his stance and getting ready to charge Korlak the moment the challenge is accepted. Or declined. Doesn't really matter which at this point.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

19. - Top - End - #49

GnomeWizardGuy

Thessaloniki Palace
    Flarg takes a slight bow Flarg Tosscobble, here for the same reason they are.. he balances two daggers. One on the tip of his finger and the other on top of it. I also do birthday parties he grins and tosses the daggers into the air, catching one in each hand.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Thessaloniki Gate- Atop an Armoured Personnel Carrier

Narahar tries dumping the corpse out of the way and climbing into the APC through the hatch it fired from. He'll need to find where people are inside, and that's a moment of vulnerability.
    As Narahar enters the APC, he might find himself being punched in the chest. Hard. With bone-shattering force, to be precise.

Provided this has the desired effect of throwing him against the opposite wall, Teq Vraal will advance quickly toward the fallen priest.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Fields- Antimagic Zone

Ouch. The battlemage is already completely off-balance and fairly disoriented, so it's safe to say he doesn't even notice Zefir's maneuvering until it's too late, the descending elbow smashing into his jaw with an unpleasant crunching sound. What with all the pretty lights dancing in front of his eyes to distract him, I think it's safe to say that this particular battlemage won't be doing much this post other than bleeding all over the ground.

Fields- A Few Feet Away

Crud. He'd been hoping to put a little more distance between himself and the spider-mine before trying to destroy the explosive gizmo, but no time now! The second battlemage conjures forth a bolt of telekinetic force with a simple gesture, hurling it at the spider-mine midleap in the hopes of blasting the automated creature far, far away.
    Fields- Antimagic Zone

Zefir will just go hitting him in the face. There is no mercy for such persons. When that goes Zefir will stand up. His head up like he is smelling for something. The Objects are still in range. He can feel it. He must get them.

He turns into the direction he can feel the objects.

Fields- A Few Feet Away

The mine got mid leap hit and flies away. It doesn't detonate. It seems like it just flew to the same point it started at. After a moment restarting systems It scans the area again for Not Zefir moving people.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Pyrus's Air dock

Here is a very small little building, well-kept, made of red brick. There's one small landing track and a rickety old plane lies there. It's made strangely, with many gears showing, a large propeller, and other strange things. It has the making of a helicopter and a plane. Pyrus walks out onto the landing after he walked the short way here from Trog's. Kestrel? There's the plane...I'll fly it. Just sit in the back. He gets into the pilot seat and puts on some goggles. Ready?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pyrus's Air dock]

Kestrel crosses her arms and stands fast.

No, no and no. Never in that contraption. I'll fly on my own wings.

...What is your problem, Kestrel?

Hmm, in hindsight, coming from a planet where technology is still in remarkably early stages probably doesn't make you very trusting of technology.

But that's okay, she has wings.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Pyrus's Air Dock

He frowns. It's uh....pretty safe...Only crashed it once...come on, we don''t want you to be tired....we have a long day ahead of us...Come on grumpy...If I crash he plane you can kill me...there...that ought to make you happy... He seems slightly annoyed. He's anxious to go!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pyrus's air dock]

I'll, uh, meet you there. She says, still not trusting that. I mean, really, he just admitted to crashing it before. Why would that make her trust it at all?

Besides, meeting him there would give her the time and opportunity to seek out Shade. He was here, wasn't he?

Yes, you go on, and for goodness' sake, don't get yourself killed while I'm not there.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Pyrus's Air Dock

Well...uh...I'll try. I'll see you there in about an hour...Long flight, you sure you know the way? Here's a map to get there. He throws a map stuffed into a canister at Kestrel. Well...I'm off! He pulls a large switch and the machine's massive motors explode with force. The machine wobbles before blasting into the sky. It starts to get smaller and smaller as it vanishes beyond the shore.

27. - Top - End - #57

[Thessaloniki - Bathhouse]

Well...seems the other fellow is doing a good job of keeping the wyvern distracted. That leaves Leeh free to take his time a little more and try and deal the beastie a crippling blow.

Not really sure how to do that, to be honest. Bloody thing doesn't seem to be particularly fond of dying, and that armour's clearly pretty damn sturdy.

Leeh can't help but be slightly annoyed that his gun is apparently rather useless. But then he was bound to eventually encounter something tougher than the stuff he uses.

Oh well. Might as well take another shot while he still has the chance. So out comes the pistol again, and Leeh fires again, aiming at the same area of the wyvern's head that he hit the first time. Perhaps repeat shots against the same point will penetrate that helmet and wound the beastie. Alternately, the wyvern might finally decide to do something about him, which would scupper that rather basic plan.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Thessaloniki- Gates; Atop An APC

Narahar's on top of one again, being shot at by somebody. He is hit in the shoulder and knocked back, though not quite off. He dashes forward, just faster than he should be moving, and swings his sickle at the soldier's head.

The triplets miss, although one shot is very narrow. He's moving rather fast, after all.

((I'm not sure who's playing the soldier, nor how they are equipped, but Narahar has a magic bronze sickle that has a blade as hard as steel and causes Narahar to move faster the more blood it drinks- Narahar triggered it by slicing his hand open.))
    ((Sorry for not replying to this earlier.))

With inhuman speed, the soldier tilted her head so that the sickle would skitter off of her helmet, lightly scratching the material but probably not doing terribly much what with the shallow cut.

Retaliating, the muse let go of her firearm, letting it hang from the shoulder strap, and made a surprisingly quick grab for Narahar. Given that a sickle was a melee weapon and one had to be within close range to use it properly, this probably had a good chance of working. Perhaps more so given the augmented reflexes and strength that came from cybernetic enhancements.

Should she succed, Ghoul would then attempt to wrest the weapon from Narahar's hands and casting it aside before roughly dragging him into the APC where she would be able to restrain him with greater ease.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Thessaloniki- In an APC

Narahar is punched suddenly and with prejudice! He survived, though; he's wearing a breastplate. That now has a large dent in it, and it probably broke several ribs. Narahar flew away from the punch into a nearby wall, and dropped his vampiric haste sickle. It's glowing with magic next to Teq's feet.

Narahar, after getting his breath back, starts chanting in Abyssal, praying for help from Dalachrech. As he does so, four large dragonfly wings made of dark grey light fade into existence behind him- his individual magical effect. It doesn't do anything; just looks pretty.

30. - Top - End - #60

Thessaloniki Walls => Thess. Gate

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Punching through the thing's belly is pretty tough. It is, after all, designed to be able to swallow live prey if need be, and thus has some rather heavily reinforced guts. However, after the minute or so - assuming Needs is still not too terribly harmed by his immersion in strong acid - that it takes, progress speeds up a fair bit, though it'll still take around five more minutes to get the Siphon near death; if Needs is able to survive its stomach that long, it can be altered as he chooses.

Weee! A new body! This one has claws, too! Claws, powerful stomach acid, and gods only know what else! Upon conquering the body, Needs immediately decides to find out just how powerful that acid is, vomiting right in the face of the nearest Siphon, before trying to throw the meat-puppet right off the wall's edge, down to the ground quite a few meters below. A fall like that would almost certainly be lethal for a normal person.

Thess. Gate
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Vents

The two Ice Elves close in. Sevran unhooks another chakram, hurling it at the cowering MagClones' cover. They split as they draw close. Moon Called darts right, Sevran goes left. As Moon Called gets close she twists so that she's running side-ways. She rams into the front-right Roosevelt's makeshift shield, ploughing into it with the not unimpressive combined weight of her armour and sword.
    Regardless of how this effects the two MagClones, Sevran is there on the other side at almost the exact same time. He raises his longsword high, slashing out at HazMag. The gold that runs through the blade like rivers flares, blazing with the light of a star.

Haz and Roosevelt scramble to their feet, both with absolutely no intention of being impaled on Moon's sword when it comes swinging towards their cover. Haz realizes only too late that she didn't rush out alone, and hastily tries to catch the blade with the barrel of his shiny laser rifle. It'll probably be useless afterwards, as guns with swords buried in them usually are. Even if the sword doesn't quite stick, he tries to kick the pointy-eared bastard away, to give him room to gather his wits and plan out his immediate counter-attack.

"Crapcrapcrapcrap! Roosevelt, one's flanking! Hand me your saber, we're being-"

The cavalry saber slides out of its hilt, but isn't passed along to HazMag. The mightier of the two MagClones instead holds the thing in a defensive stance, waiting for Moon to make the next move.

"I'm afraid I have an elf of my own to sort out, sir. The notorious Ms. Shadesri. Perhaps you've heard of her?"

"**** you, this one has a sword too, and there's no way I'm stopping him with this stupid little baby knife."

Roosevelt sighs, plunges his saber into the ground, reaches behind himself to grab HazMag, spins them around to switch places, and then borrows HazMaggy's 'stupid little baby knife' right from the other clone's utility belt.

"There. Now you have the sword, and I have the lesser swordsman. Will that do, sir?"

"...Goddammit."

Sure, maybe knife-fighting a swordsman wasn't the most comfortable situation in the world for Haz, but now he's up against Moon! There's no way this is an improvement upon his earlier predicament!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-04-18 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi