New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

[Alloy Mine]

Oh no, Daleks!

"Mine robots!"
    Better try out the pet-bot.
    Also sending doom bolts to the robots!
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

2. - Top - End - #902

[Alloy Mine]

Looks like Cat decided not to try dodging those cutting lasers. She may or may not just have gotten a nasty burn from it. Not that one can really dodge lasers anyway since they hit you by the time you realize they've been fired.

Freddie gets blasted too! Now he has a bunch of nasty looking pock-marks in his armor! How dare they ruin the paint-job!

Cat's robot begins mining the other robot, which begins mining him back! It's brutal and gruesome! Then the beam from her staff bites into it, blasting a big hole in the thing!

Freddie follows up with a charged punch from the Claw, cleaving into the rogue mining robot and sending pieces scattering across the floor.

One mean robot left! It continues trying to mine Cat's robot!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #903

[Alloy Mine]

Woops, lasers.
    Forgot about the lazers.

Silly Cat fails to notice them! And gets a cut from them in her leg!
    And curses!
    Thankfully, she still has perfectly working hands!
    Another doom blast at the remaining robot should do the trick!
    The laster cut will heal.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

4. - Top - End - #904

[Alloy Mine]

Doom beam from Cat!

Doom punch from Freddie!

With a crunch and a sizzle the rogue robot falls still, coolant leaking out of the thing as it sits there on the floor, inert and motionless. Cat's robot isn't looking much better...

"This Unit Has Sustained Heavy Structural Damage," the robot warbles.

Fredrick frowns at the thing. Well... Cat could just hijack another one, right? Or was this one special?

5. - Top - End - #905
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Vriveka leaps again, lots of electricity running over her surface. She will keep moving, focusing on keeping pressure Correl in an attempt to bowl him over and shock him, or at least touch him in some way and zap him.
    [Duel]

The knight keeps trying to dodge the attacks but appears to be fighting a losing battle until she suddenly disappears again in a pink flash. This time however she appears a fair distance from Vriveka, earning some pause from her constant attack without leaving the duel area.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Dwarf in the Playground

Duel

Vriveka stops, and looks around a bit. Where did he-stupid STUPID fairy fire!

If Correl gets within about fifteen feet, Vriveka will turn to face him. She's not actively using her eyes at this point, but trying to sense him with her natural magic. Her magic is not very good for sensing; all it can do is find large life forms nearby.

She also spends this time to charge her electricity, as most of it was used fruitlessly in her last flurry of attacks.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody Island}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Maybe. But then Caroline is right next to him when he wakes, so... maybe Catoline split off from Caroline in some off-screen twist!

Or she turned back and just came back.

"Hey. Hey Caroline, wake up." Vincent says, going to gently shake her.
    Hmmm? Caroline groans, not really waking up. Just a few more minutes, momma.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #908
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    [Boletaria- Ramparts]

Well looks like everyone is ok. Up the ramparts there are two paths. In front of you is, from nearest to farthest. 1 crossbowman, 2 soldiers(sword), 1 crossbowman, 1 spear man.

Behind everyone is 2 soldiers(sword), 2 crossbowmen, 2 guys in full armor with blue glowing eyes that feels very dangerous. He wields a kite shield and a long sword.

No one can say which path leads where until we go that way Unless they ask Red. For now the crossbowmen are shooting at the party from both sides while the soldiers wait defensively. The blue-eyed knight hasn't noticed us yet.

Red turn into a cannonball the size of a wheel ready to run over some enemies but the arrows bounce off of him first.
    Alpha raises his shield to block the incoming bolts, One ducking behind him for cover while he returns fire at the first crossbow-wielding dregling with his own crossbow. With Alpha providing defense and One offense, both far enough away that neither crossbowman should be able angle a shot around the former to strike the latter, they should be just about impossible to hit unless some of the idle swordsman join in on the attack.

First tosses a dagger at the second crossbowman, at the same time dodging and strafing around to avoid from being hit. A lucky bolt does clip across his side, but even that's barely a scratch.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mountain ----> Grasslands]

Lute arrives at the grassland fairly quickly thanks to her wings and her elemental abilities combined. She reaches the grasslands and crashes onto the ground, rolling on the floor before she manages to stand up properly.
    "Finally," she thinks, sighing to herself, "It'll take awhile before I get used to this," she thinks, looking back at her wings, "or any of this," she thinks looking at her scales and her gills.
    Now where's Draaxar? She closes her eyes and hears a crackling noise and rushes towards it by flapping her wings and increasing her speed greatly with her elemental abilities. she eventually finds it and goes through it.
    "Arghhh, what am I doing I should've asked Misha to guide me..."
    Lute looks over and sees the large cave. She takes a long sigh then heads in, not entirely sure who Draaxar is.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Melody Island}

Hmmm? Caroline groans, not really waking up. Just a few more minutes, momma.
    {Melody Island}

Vincent shakes his head. "Alright." He says with a little sigh and sitting back. Why don't other people instantly jump from awake to asleep to awake again with no in between? It's so silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #911

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Alloy Mine]

Doom beam from Cat!

Doom punch from Freddie!

With a crunch and a sizzle the rogue robot falls still, coolant leaking out of the thing as it sits there on the floor, inert and motionless. Cat's robot isn't looking much better...

"This Unit Has Sustained Heavy Structural Damage," the robot warbles.

Fredrick frowns at the thing. Well... Cat could just hijack another one, right? Or was this one special?
    Eadin doesn't think Cat is one for getting attached to a bunch of scrap metal.
    Could be wrong. But she doesn't seem to care about the robot.

Anyway, victory!
    "Right, guess we have to watch out for robots gone rogue too!"
    Fun.
    She was busy morphing to smell out the trolls and will continue to do so now.
    It's their mission, got to stay focused!
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

12. - Top - End - #912

[Alloy Mine]

Hmm...

Not picking up any troll stink down here.

Just the smell of robots.

And human blood.

How encouraging...

Three paths remain open for our heroes!

Which shall they choose?

Oh. And that shack looking building is still near the south wall of the chamber.

13. - Top - End - #913

[Alloy Mine]

Ewww...

"So, check the shack for loot first?"

Cat will walk that way unless Freddie suggests something else.
    And will carefully open the door.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

14. - Top - End - #914

[Alloy Mine]

Eeww indeed!

A lot of good people died down here...

Or... maybe not good people per se. People who did their job well? That's probably more accurate.

Into the shack!

Inside there are lots of fancy looking machines. Big machines. Small machines. Broken machines. Functioning machines. A tool bench with tools. A worn out looking book. And a dead guy in the middle of the floor.

It looks like he was 'mined' to death.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dragon caves]

When Lute first steps through the portal, she finds herself in a large, rather disappointingly ordinary tunnel. It's quite large, with a huge ceiling and wide walls... but it's still just a bleak tunnel.

Until one turns the corner, that is. Then Lute reaches a ludicrously sized cavern. Smaller tunnels branch off. Many, many smaller tunnels. Some glow blue, or green, or yellow, or seem to lack light entirely. Others are just ordinary-looking caves. And across the way, the largest one by far, glows an angry red, and the sound of something shifting inside can be heard. Something very, very large.

Or... well, it could be heard were it not for the two main distractions.

The first is that when Lute first arrives, there are two people standing in the center of the cavern, discussing something in quiet whispers. One, tall, not quite humanoid, and dark, near invisible in the gloom of the cave, and the other short and swathed in so many bundles of cloth, she's near invisible. When they notice her, however, they zip off to separate caves and are gone in an instant.

The second distraction is a heated argument going on between two... brothers it sounds like, who inhabit a colorless cave to the left. The words bounce off the walls of the cave and echo, but the echos fragment the words and it's impossible to hear what's being said.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

16. - Top - End - #916

[Alloy Mine]

The people here probably didn't deserve death by mining.
    Pretty gruesome.

"Poor guy..."

Oh look, a book!
    Let's look inside it! Maybe it has some info about the mine.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

17. - Top - End - #917
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    [Dragon caves]

When Lute first steps through the portal, she finds herself in a large, rather disappointingly ordinary tunnel. It's quite large, with a huge ceiling and wide walls... but it's still just a bleak tunnel.

Until one turns the corner, that is. Then Lute reaches a ludicrously sized cavern. Smaller tunnels branch off. Many, many smaller tunnels. Some glow blue, or green, or yellow, or seem to lack light entirely. Others are just ordinary-looking caves. And across the way, the largest one by far, glows an angry red, and the sound of something shifting inside can be heard. Something very, very large.

Or... well, it could be heard were it not for the two main distractions.

The first is that when Lute first arrives, there are two people standing in the center of the cavern, discussing something in quiet whispers. One, tall, not quite humanoid, and dark, near invisible in the gloom of the cave, and the other short and swathed in so many bundles of cloth, she's near invisible. When they notice her, however, they zip off to separate caves and are gone in an instant.

The second distraction is a heated argument going on between two... brothers it sounds like, who inhabit a colorless cave to the left. The words bounce off the walls of the cave and echo, but the echos fragment the words and it's impossible to hear what's being said.
    [Dragon caves]

Lute looks around, fascinated by the amount of colours.
    Woww this place is...ominous...I really do have a lot of blood relatives now.

So? Which one contains the famous Draaxar? And what's all the ruckus coming from the caves. She's quite keen on checking but who knows what they're personalities could be like. I think it's best to remain on the objective. Now, what as it? Oh, Draaxar, right.

Lute immediately spots the two figures communicating who disappear into the caves.
    "Yikes...what a nice invitation to the family," she thinks sarcastically.
    The first two people she manages to spot and they both run from her like she's some sort of monster. Really...She's only quater elemental, undead, siren and dragon. What's so evil about that?

"Do you know where Draaxar is?" Lute shouts, sighing to herself, knowing that they most likely won't respond but what would be worse is if one of them did. Especially a weird one. Lute goes off worrying about if all the whispering and arguements in the distance stop due to her shouting.

Lute heads for the the largest cave. Hopefully she'll meet Draaxar at the end. If not then she's in serious trouble but hopefully the steel-dragon knife will grant her a pass to the family but it's Misha's.
    She'll never let anyone touch it.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-06-09 at 02:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Dark Forest

"No ma'am." Kell says. He brings the broth to her lips in a wooden cup. "Can you drink some of this?"
    Dark Forest

The woman drinks some as her cloudy thoughts float through her mind. After she finishes the cup, she suddenly reaches around Kell to pull him close, sobbing quietly into his shoulder as she realizes that even if this was Hell, there wasn't going to be an easy escape.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Troll in the Playground

Dark Forest

Kell holds her - she's ill, after all, so the usual rules don't apply - but it ties his stomach up in knots nonetheless. Mori is less conflicted, and tries to lick her face.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

Dark Forest

Edda can't help but laugh when Mori licks her face and she lets go, staying upright as she pets the dog. "I...I'm sorry Kell. I'm sorry for everything."

21. - Top - End - #921
    Troll in the Playground

Dark Forest

"I wish I could be of more help, ma'am," Kell says. "Were you attacked? I was unable to rouse you."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #922
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dragon caves]

If Lute knew Rasha and Shade, she wouldn't be at all surprised that they fled.

As for the argument, a simple question is definitely not enough to stop it. If anything it grows louder and angrier, as though competing to be heard.

But a voice does answer her. From the big cave that she was heading into. "Is that one of my nieces?"

...Technically yes, actually.

The tunnel opens out into a slightly smaller cave than the last. All the rocks glow bright red, and even begin to melt as Draaxar warms them with dragon-fire. And Draaxar himself is both a let-down and an eye-opener.

It's obvious he's an old dragon. His red scales are smudged and his eyes tired. He's lying, with his head on his front paws, and seems as though he could stay that way for a long, long time. But the one really noteworthy thing about him isn't even the tail that's twice his body length, but the simple fact that he's absolutely massive, filling the entire giant cavern.

Though that's hardly surprising. A Lairan dragon never stops growing. The larger, the olde, which eventually makes it rather difficult to go anywhere or do anything effectively when you aren't also part humanoid. He may not even be able to leave the cave!

23. - Top - End - #923
    Troll in the Playground

Fortress Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Welp, that's one obstacle down.

And several of Erin's powers revealed too.

Through the door, Erin will find... Guns! Lots and lots of guns pointed her way!

The next room is set up like a stadium, with the door leading out onto a flat, empty plane surrounded on all sides by tiered platforms carved out of the stone, battlements running along the edges of the steps to provide cover for the gunners.

In short, a killing field. With Erin right in the middle of it.

The twelve soldiers set up here open fire the moment Erin dives through the door, most of them wielding either multi-mode battle rifles with fire rates roughly similar to an AR-15 on full auto or plasma guns adapted from Erin's own stock.

The two in the back though, guarding the door? They've got gauss turrets, a reverberating hum filling the air as the magnetic powered anti-materiel cannons warm up.
    Aeryn looks at the soldiers aiming at her...

...and smirks.

Raising her hands as they open fire, a green dome of energy springing up around her!

...did she just yawn?

"I hope you boys don't have somewhere to be. 'Cause I can do this all day."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #924

[Alloy Mine]

Seems the book does indeed have information on the mine. Mostly boring information. Both in the sense of not very interesting and in the sense of drilling holes in things.

That's a mine pun right there.

Though...

There's also some information on odd damage that has been done to the mining drones. And how some of the drones have been going berserk. But they can't seem to find any technical reason to explain why the machines went killer.

Next comes the first sightings of the 'bugs'. Obviously referring to the trolls. First sighted in the lower reaches of the mine. The trolls were apparently digging for something to and are trying to chase the humans out so they can finish their work.

Freddie frowns at this revelation!

"Trolls aren't bright enough to plan for anything. Someone must be controlling them. I'll bet we've stumbled onto another one of this 'Master's' schemes."

dun Dun DUN!

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Dark Forest

At his question, Edda falls silent and looks down at her lap, ignoring the dog for now. "No...I...I did it myself." She admits quietly. "And I used the wrong gun."

26. - Top - End - #926
    Troll in the Playground

Dark Forest

"The Mother wouldn't have sent me to find you if she wanted you to die,"
    Kell says sadly. "I want to help you."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #927
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    [Dragon caves]

If Lute knew Rasha and Shade, she wouldn't be at all surprised that they fled.

As for the argument, a simple question is definitely not enough to stop it. If anything it grows louder and angrier, as though competing to be heard.

But a voice does answer her. From the big cave that she was heading into. "Is that one of my nieces?"

...Technically yes, actually.

The tunnel opens out into a slightly smaller cave than the last. All the rocks glow bright red, and even begin to melt as Draaxar warms them with dragon-fire. And Draaxar himself is both a let-down and an eye-opener.

It's obvious he's an old dragon. His red scales are smudged and his eyes tired. He's lying, with his head on his front paws, and seems as though he could stay that way for a long, long time. But the one really noteworthy thing about him isn't even the tail that's twice his body length, but the simple fact that he's absolutely massive, filling the entire giant cavern.

Though that's hardly surprising. A Lairan dragon never stops growing. The larger, the olde, which eventually makes it rather difficult to go anywhere or do anything effectively when you aren't also part humanoid. He may not even be able to leave the cave!
    [Dragon caves]

"H-hello...My name is Lute," she says, pulling out Misha's dragon-steel knife whilst she rushes over to Draaxar.

She nearly drops the knife when she sees him.
    He's HUGE!!! ...and looks quite worn out...I wonder how old he is.

"This is Misha's steel-dragon knife. She said that I should show it to you..." she says, holding up the dagger which revealed how ill she looked. Even with all the scales surrounding her sking it was clear that she looked fatigued, thirsty and hungry.

She looks around, noticing the melting rocks and hesitates slightly.
    Best not ask why he's doing that...I wouldn't want to end up like that.
    She definetly didn't want to get on his bad side so she gave an innocent smile at Draaxar which clearly showed that she didn't know what she was meant to do.

"She said that...You could help me...please..." she yearned as she clung to Misha's knife tight. It's clear that she's nervous seeing as the first person she meets being more than ten times her size.

She managed to smile even though everything she'd seen so far appeared to be quite...ominous which is means a lot for Lute.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-06-10 at 09:41 AM.

28. - Top - End - #928

[Alloy Mine]

No sh*t, Sherlock.

"Right, but what would they be looking for here? Alloy?"

Maybe there's something else inside this mine!

Or they want to improve their weapons.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

29. - Top - End - #929
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dragon caves]

For a minute, Draaxar's surprised.

But it doesn't last long. The girl did smell of Misha after all, and when he lowers his head and gives her a gentle prod with his nose, he can feel the energy from her Core.

Interesting...

“Put the knife away, Child. Anything that sharp, that dangerous, should not be brandished around hap-hazardously.” Seeing as she had the thing, she was obviously not a gift for him. No, he had not asked for a new niece, and while he was angry that he hadn't completed the ritual himself, he could hardly blame the girl. Though he could continue his habit of speaking in gentle commands, and see how she responds.

He regards her slightly closer. “I would imagine undead -siren-dragon-elementals wouldn't need to eat very often.” Oh yes, he could smell all that on her. “And yet you look famished. Sit, Child, and stop quaking. I have no reason and no desire to hurt you.”

30. - Top - End - #930
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dragon caves]

Lute continues to smile nervously and attempts to break eye contact when he comments her as being "interesting," but the attempt to break eye contact proves useless.
    She obeys his command, tucking the knife away and walking towards him slowly with her hands in front of her, locked tightly together.

Lute looks at Draaxar, nervous of the fact that he was able to tell all four of her races at a single sniff.
    He must be extremely wise...
    "I only eat once a month," she says looking directly at him,"but I have to eat once a month or my energy begins to deplete. "
    (I've changed it from once a week to once a month)

Lute sits down on the ground calmly, staring at the large dragon ahead of her.
    "Forgive me if I sound rude but...is it possible that I can have something...to eat? or drink?"

Seeing as she has lost the majority of her energy thanks to the transformation and having to fly all the way to the grasslands with more energy used up thanks to her relying on her elemental abilities to get there she was now worn out. It's amazing that she's been able to pay attention to him the entire time. Naturally, if she was this weak she'd pass out.

Lute tilts her head down, trying not to appear rude in front of Draaxar.
    It's clear that she's lost, she doesn't know what she's doing and the last thing she'd want is to offend Draaxar in any way.

She slowly looks back up and places her hand on her neck due to it itching slightly. She reaches over.
    "AHHHH!"
    Whoops. She forgot that she had gills now. She immediately looks over at Draaxar, slightly humiliated.
    "I'm sorry...I'm still adjusting," she whispers softly.