New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: TW: Shards of War (IC)

Turn 5, January 1935 CE

Kenyuganda in Ruins
    Through the streets of Nairobi march the steel shod boots of the empire. Over their once free capital flies the proud flag of Portugal. Walkers of the new type lurch through the streets, their crews sweeping alley ways for remnants of the defending army. The people of Kenyuganda huddle in their homes praying that the invaders will not decide to plunder them, still unsure just why their small unassuming country was the target of such massive and unexpected aggression.

For the Kenyuganda army is no more, shattered by might of Portugal. And when it attempted to retreat it flew directly into the lines set up by the Russian shocktroopers coming to their new allies aid. Already a Portuguese governor sits in the capital overseeing the integration of the country into the empire, and the Kenyugandan tremble for thought of what is to come.

Madagscar Holds the Line!
    In a dismaying turn of events the massive PRA fleet has fallen upon the Madagscar armies from the coast. In response Madagascar has denounced the PRA's move as treacherous and in bad faith. To further add insult to injury the Ethiopan Caliphate has sent forces to aid their ally Saloa increasing the might of the armies facing Madagascar to gargantuan levels.

For a time all seemed lost for the island nation, but then a miracle. The Australian fleet arrived after a daring sea voyage made without resupply and reinforced the defending lines. With the doughty Australians at their side the Madagascar fighters take new heart and dig in with renewed vigor. Somehow despite all expectations the Saloan army and its allies are held back both on the land and at sea. A brave day indeed for poor Madagascar.

Space the Final Frontier
    With the flip of a massive lever the first ever manned space craft has been launched from the Scandanavian union. Despite most alchemists saying that it simply couldn't be done the Scandanavians managed to pack enough power into their Styxium boosters to carry a single man into space. Crowds cheered as the ungainly vessel rose into the clouds shedding massive containers of depleted Kokytium as it rose.

Even more amazingly the first space traveler returned safely and was able to show the first Daguerreotypes of Earth as viewed from space to an admiring crowd. Exultant in this wondrous example of their nations technical prowess the people of Union turned their backs fully into the efforts of the nascent space industry, and soon a full fledged station floated above the northern hemisphere from which three Scandinavians could view the world for a full week at a time.

Most countries scoff at these claims. After all what can a few men do from so high up, but it has been noted that several of the more advanced nations have shifted their alchemists into looking at this frontier more closely.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2012-06-15 at 08:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The grim saw it enter the path. They knew this would happen. Did not the great book itself say, "Look to the skys of the cold north, for where iceeets fire, the path will be shown.

The grim are on the sail.

To the scadinavian union
    Spoiler
    Show
    A ship enters the harbour. It's primitive, but it appears unarmed.
    "Great treaders of the Path Of Stars, we throw ourselves at you feet, and beg to learn the star paths.
    OOC; Will devote everything I got to learn space travel. It's the Grims religion xd.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Scandinavian Union

To the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    The harbour officials who meet you seem unprepared for a visit from such a primitive ship. Two guards quickly take you to the Governmental district, a short way away. Here the Foreign Minister meets you.
    "Greetings, whoever you are. Before we even talk about the space program, could you tell me who exactly you are? We see no mention of "primitives-who-have-some-space-religion" in any of our records."
    Last edited by ragingrage; 2012-06-16 at 11:27 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the scandinavian union
    "
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are the grim, and we live in the frozen lands of the furthest south. For five hundred years, we have been hunting for the Path Of Stars. To ascend, to hunt the star path, is all we dream."

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

The Republic of Alaska

The Republic of Alaska was long overdo this. An election in which the old conservative party had finally lost. It was time for new more dynamic party to take the reigns of government and bring Alaska to a new golden age.

Public Message to the world
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello everyone,

I'm the new leader of Alaska as you may know. What you might not know is how much of a mess the old regime made in office. As such it's almost to impossible to see what was an actual deal or just talking. So I would like all nations that we have an agreement with to please resend us the agreement. As long as the agreement is sane we should have no problems renewing it.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvience.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Arkadaslik Union

We, Arkadaslik Union, can no longer condone the presence of the Roman Empire upon our lands. Thus, by majority vote of the Senate, declare war upon the Roman Empire to expel them from the Balkan Peninsula.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Time to start

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Peoples Republic of America

Public statement on the War with Madagascar;

"I can not understand why public sentiment seems to be against us in this conflict. It is true; we appear to the be the aggressors, but in truth this is more of a retaliatory strike, delayed by necessity. When the great war started, Madagscar used it as an opportunity to seize territories from the kingdom of Saloa, without any justifiable cause. They are now simply trying to reclaim them."

"It is true, I entered this conflict, intending to be a neutral adjudicator, but the Saloan's have convinced me of the morality of their cause. I understand the Australians are acting due to a political alliance, and I will not fault them for holding to their word. When this conflict is over, I will bear them no ill will. I encourage the nations of the world to stand with me, in this just cause, that we might restore these lands to their rightful owner."

President William Jefferson of the Peoples Republic of America

To the Arkadaslik Union
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I understand your peoples anguish, but I do not think this is the time for such actions. The people of Kenyuganda are suffering and dying from the brutal invasion of Portugal. The world must be gathered against them, to stop this blight, not distracted by another war. The noble nations of the world can't afford to be divided."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-06-17 at 11:08 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Scandinavian Union

To the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    And why should we let you work with us on the project? Your boats don't led much support to you being technologically minded, and if you just want to make some pilgrimage to Space then we may be able to let you. We don't want uneducated savages mucking around with things that, if interfered with, may end up in a loss of lives. You don't seem that trustworthy in terms of technology.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Scandinavian Union
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We live in Antarctica. We don't have much easy metal." They then proceede to demonstrate advanced mathimatical abillity. They have the abillity to learn. They just don't have the infrastructure at the moment.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Scandinavian Union

To the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be honest, I'd like some more substantial proof. Getting to space is more than just math. I want you to invent something, show me that you wont just drag the project down. It doesn't have to be much or related to space, but some tangible thing that helps. If you need materials or schema for our space equipment, we can provide that. Until then, I simply can't afford to trust you enough to let you work with something that, if it malfunctions, can easily lead to the loss of lives. I apologize, but the risk is too great.

11. - Top - End - #101

AssassinGuy

Canada
    Morale: 10

To PRA
    Spoiler
    Show

Your course of action in Madagascar is unexpected. Unfortunately we will not be capable of helping you at this time, as a geopolitical mess of this size will not be good for our nation. Similarly I do not think you will have much influence on the Portugal situation at the moment due to your military involvement, and lack of public sentiment. We cannot be seen to have a close association either while this war goes on. While we certainly do not want to resume the prior state, we will be more distant, at least until this situation is resolved.

To Alaska (also DUS, although they are not primary recipient)
    Spoiler
    Show

Although we proposed a deal with your predecessor and were rejected we hope that you will be more agreeable. With the situation on the continent less tense than before we would like to propose that you be included within our military alliance with the DUS.

To Everyone (but Portugal)
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to speak with you about the recent invasion by Portugal. One of the major goals of Canada is global stability, and as such we would like to have a discussion about a unified response to such an uncalled for invasion. While the war in Madagascar has the actual cause the Portuguese invasion does not, and a blatant warmonger cannot be allowed to rain destruction on the world unopposed. There is no telling where he will stop. Sanctions are a possibility, as is military action to liberate them, however we would like to have large number of nations acting together to send a clear message.

To GM [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

I withdraw my agents from Portugal, no point if they will just be caught.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

russia
    esp-d:10

to portugal
    Spoiler
    Show
    it appears canada is seeking potential military action against you. we will stand beside you

to canada
    Spoiler
    Show
    we do not agree that military action or economic sanctions are the answer. it will only drive them to even bigger actions. i say you try diplomatic solutions first. we would not pledge our troops to a war with portugal

13. - Top - End - #103

AssassinGuy

Canada

To Russia
    Spoiler
    Show

War was of course not the first option, merely one that needs to be on the table for discussion. If a diplomatic solution could be reached first this would be greatly appreciated. However words alone may not be enough. Should all attempts at a diplomatic solution fail what would your response be?

To Everyone (Except Portugal)
    Spoiler
    Show

A Diplomatic Solution is of course the first option that should be considered, however we should have at least something to back our words with, else they will be empty. Just clarifying that war is of course not the first option. Economic sanctions present a less violent way to back our words as another option to consider.
    Last edited by hydroplatypus; 2012-06-18 at 08:14 PM.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

russia
    ESP-D:10

to canada
    Spoiler
    Show
    it would greatly depend on a variety of things. however we will talk to portugal as they are an ally
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-06-18 at 09:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska

To Canada DE: 18
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are interested in a military alliance. We need more information on what the terms of this alliance would be however.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-06-18 at 11:20 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Rome to the Arkadaslik Union
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your agression is as unwarranted as it is unexpected, but know that we will not back down at the threat of war. We have no reason to fight you, but if you start a war with us then we will have no compuctions with finishing it.

To razovor
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was perhaps unclear. There is some sentiment that Madagascar is the underdog and that they that they are holding is a point in their favor, but most people don't care about the war one way or the other. The tone of the turn opener, and any future turn openers, is more written however I think will sound more interesting than by which side is globally favored. Especially if niehter side is globablly favored as in this case.

To the Canadian Federal Imperium
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are a few half hearted responses denouncing Portugal, but your diplomats can tell they have about as much impact behind them as strongly worded diplomatic letters ever do, which is to say none. Most people simply don't care about what happened to a bunch of foreigners, and those who do care are more worried about Portugal using their new holdings to expand again than that Portgual actually expanded in the first place.

To hydroplatypus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just a hint, but putting knowledge in a place where the spies of other countries can decrypt them is an easy way to disseminate information. Remember normal messages can be read if the spys can beat the lowest of the defensive espionages involved.

17. - Top - End - #107

AssassinGuy

Canada
    Morale: 10

To Alaska
    Spoiler
    Show

For the moment the alliance is fairly simple. Any military action against a member of the alliance (Canada, DUS, you if you accept) will be considered an act of war against all members. Offensive Military action is not covered in this agreement, however we are sure that a different agreement on that could be reached eventually should you desire it. It would be preferable if you were to disclose (privately[PM]) what your military strength was as well, so we can better plan.

The continent is fairly tense at the moment, although less so than a few years ago. Aztlan is not well liked (human sacrifice and all), and the communist (PRA, carribean) vs. capitalist (DUS, Canada, presumably you) tensions are still running high, if not at the prior levels. A Military alliance of this sort protects us against action by the other powers on the continent.

Additional agreements on research or espionage could also be reached should you express interest.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii
    To Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The people of Hawaii would like to join with all other just peoples of the world in condemning Portugal and Russia's actions in Kenuganda. Wars and conflict are a natural form of competition and resolution of differences. However the total subjugation and suppression of another culture is barbaric and every instance of it robs from the world of perspectives before their value can be seen. Both nations should be ashamed and all others should censure them."

19. - Top - End - #109

AssassinGuy

Canada
    D.Esp: 10

To Hawaii
    Spoiler
    Show

We thank you for your support in this issue, however we do not expect that this will come to anything. We have recieved word from most of the worlds nations (OOC: the NPCs) that they do not plan to do anything about the problem. Only us, the PRA, and you have demonstrated that they care at the moment.

The world is getting more unstable every day, and when such a blatant evil is left unchecked we must begin to worry about our own safety. We currently have a military alliance that with the DUS, and in negotiations about including Alaska. Should you want we could open talks to have you included as well. If you would like that please disclose any pre-existing military arrangements that you have.

With this alliance we would be more assured our our own nations safety, and likely would become a more significant power block. While we can't stop Portugal for now, should we emerge as a strong alliance then maybe we can sway international opinion enough to help next time intervention is needed. Although the PRA are not allied, we have descent relations at the moment, and should any major diplomatic problem arise we might be able to count on their support as well. with a 4 nation alliance plus the PRA, and maybe their ally the PRC agreeing with us that this mess can't be allowed, who would ignore us?

P.S. the alliance is purely defensive for the moment, offensive wars would need to be negotiated separately, however given the alliance it is unlikely that they will refuse should there be a good enough cause (ex. stop Portugal)

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii
    Canada:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hawaiians judge groups by their actions, not, generally, by their friends, so we have no issue with your nation or people. However, asking us to enter into a military alliance with the DUS is, frankly, rude.
    As to the Kenuganden situation, we believe it is worth fighting even against superior forces. We may be unable to push Portugal out of the country, but we can aid the local people they oppress and make conquest to costly for the Portuguese to wisely repeat.

21. - Top - End - #111

AssassinGuy

Canada

To Hawaii
    Spoiler
    Show

Very well, should you not wish to enter an alliance it is your decision.

As to the Portugal situation they had last I checked 22 Military, so probably 24 now. unless you have a lot more military than I would guess than you will be crushed. unless victory is actually possible than we see no reason to waste our people's lives.

Keep in mind that they are allied with Russia, and as such will have that military as well. A large group of nations would be needed to make a difference. We would recommend waiting, until you are in a better position. Portugal has won this time, however their greed will not let them stay content with that. When the inevitably expand again is the time to make a stand. In the meantime we should try to work on getting nations together to stop this sort of thing.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 6, July, 1935 CE

Madagascar Expelled
    Following a brief respite the forces of Saloa and its allies have resumed their attack. Unfortunately Madagascar was unable to repeat its earlier performance. It's forces fought fiercely, but with supply lines being cut regularly by PRA battle groups the Madagascar defensive lines soon crumbled. Fleeing across the strait they have begun fortifying their island in preparation for further assaults.

In an unexpected twists PRA ships were seen attacking Portuguese merchant convoys prompting a swift retaliation from Portuguese forces remaining in the area. Winning a minor victory the Portuguese fleet prevented a decisive victory from becoming an overwhelming one for the Saloan allies.

Kenyuganda Given to Warlords
    The Portuguese government has offered amnesty and full recognition of sovereignty to the warlords of Nigeria in return for pacifying Kenyuganda. The warlords have seized on the offer and already lines of tribal warriors are pouring into the war torn region while caravans of plunder flow the other way. As the brutal warlords take full control the death toll is expected to keep rising and thousands of refugees have begun pouring across the borders into the Ethiopian Caliphate.

Austria-Hungary Invaded
    War has finally come to Europe from the east. In an unannounced invasion Russian troops and battle walkers have begun pouring into Austria-Hungary. Completely surprised the defenders were quickly overwhelmed and forced to fall back as Russian troops captured town after town. To add to their injury Portuguese forces, apparently acting in concert with the Russians, have sailed up the Adriatic Sea and begun a coastal invasion in Austria-Hungary's south.

The remaining Austrian-Hungarian forces have withdrawn to their interior territories to set up battle lines, but vow to keep fighting for their country.

The Tripartite Alliance
    The Mechaneer Union, the Roman Empire, and the Kingdom of Spain have announced their defensive alliance in light of the rising tide of war in the world. They claim that acting together they will be able to better protect their citizens and work for a better future.

Skeptics have noted that while claimed to be a purely defensive alliance forces from all three have been spotted massing on their Atlantic coasts.

Space Race
    Not to be outdone by the Scandinavian union several countries have been seen initiating their own space programs and achieving orbit. From the isles of Ireland massive vessels have been seen climbing into the sky and not returning for weeks. In the Satavahana Empire sleek spires have ascended into the heavens from a central launching platform in lower India. And in North America the DUS have begun launching their own broad sided ships from installations in the mountains.

Border Tensions Rise
    Many PRA newspapers and circulated flyers are claiming that information has been leaked proving that the somewhat disastrous attack on the Portuguese merchant ships was in fact caused by forged orders to the commanders of the battle groups in the area. There is a growing sense that some one is trying to weaken the PRA by causing it to engage in battles with other countries who would otherwise not be fighting. And with the obvious enemy of the Canadian Federal Imperium just across the border tensions are on the rise.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2012-06-26 at 02:38 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To Madagascar
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We made our intentions clear when this war began. The lands rightfully belonging to the Saloan's have been returned to them. We are now willing to call this war to a close, if you are."

To Portugal
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I must beg your apology. This situation is rather complicated, I believe it would be better to discuss it in private, if you'll receive me"

24. - Top - End - #114

AssassinGuy

Canada
    D.esp: 10

To PRA
    Spoiler
    Show

While the espionage actions that have taken place are certainly regrettable, we would inform you that we are not responsible for the forged orders. The portugal war was already seen by our government as a lost cause, and a war with you does not seem a good idea for our nation. I suggest that we attempt to find who actually did this.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To Canada
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm afraid these attacks have driven public sentiment to the point, where it will not be possible for us to co-operate. While I can request your aid personally, I can't offer you anything, and my government and people will reject anything you discover. It is a difficult situation, for which I can only apologise. I will conduct my own investigation, to the best of my nations limited capabilities."

26. - Top - End - #116

AssassinGuy

Canada

To PRA
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course, public opinion will be the death of us all. I understand your situation, and will accept worse relations for the moment. Lets try to keep it away from outright war though. That would benefit no one.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

russia
    morale:8

to madagascar
    Spoiler
    Show
    congratulations for holding the line for so long. if you are willing we could meet and discuss possible aid

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Protugal to Madagaskar
    Spoiler
    Show

''So. You claim the situation to be rather complicated, while to us it appears rather straightforward. But my king is a reasonable man, so I’m prepared to hear you out.''

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show

What about my research?
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Madagascar to the People's Republic of America
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are not the ones who started this war. Perhaps you should talk to your allies.

Madagascar to Russia
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are more than willing to discuss possible measures to aid our people with you.

To Portugal
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe you meant the PRA not Madagascar.

Your research also finished.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

russia

to madagascar[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    alright, lets get right to business. do you have any idea how much military is facing us? we may not be able to supply any large amounts of troops for a year or so but we can provide our formidable commando teams to strike behind the enemy lines